PDA

View Full Version : Yuvan bags Best Music Director award at Cyprus Film Festival

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 09:56 PM
Yuvan has done it at the age of 23, setting a new record for winning the Best Music Director Award for Raam (*ing Jeeva and directed by Ameer). Congrats to the Raam team for winning two awards after 45 years!

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 10:00 PM
Did Ameer receive both awards? U1 should have gone there man, it would have been awesome!

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 10:02 PM
[tscii:13836f7404]`Raam` does it again!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 29 March , 2006, 17:53
Jeeva and Yuvan Shankar Raja have won the best actor and best music director awards for Ameer directed Raam at the prestigious Cyprus International Film festival. The last Tamil film to get an award at this festival was Veerapandiakattabomman 45 years back!

Raam has done wonders to Jeeva’s career and director Ameer who had represented the film in Greece received the prestigious award on Jeeva’s behalf.

Said a beaming Jeeva to Moviebuzz: “Actually I never expected to get this award otherwise I would have definitely gone with Ameer to Greece. I feel that he is the right person to receive it, as it is his film”.

Jeeva also added that out of 200 films from all over the world including Paheli in Hindi, 11 were selected for the final round. Says Jeeva: “It is such a big recognition for a newcomer like me to get such a prestigious award and I thank almighty for it”. [/tscii:13836f7404]

Sanjeevi
29th March 2006, 10:18 PM
Wov great news to US.

Congrats Yuvan.

:clap:

TISK
29th March 2006, 10:40 PM
And, so does Jiivaa!
The only actor after the Great Sivaji Ganesan to bag this award after 45 years!!

captain
29th March 2006, 10:54 PM
congrats Yuvan :notworthy:

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 11:39 PM
-corrected-

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 11:45 PM
[tscii:175f1b5727]Here are the complete list of winners from ciff2006.com:

Winners

1. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST SHORT FILM
WINNER – Con Que 24…(ouch)
– Directed by Lucas Figueroa

2. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST ANIMATION FILM
WINNER – GOD ON OUR SIDE
– Directed by Michal Pfeffer and Uri Kranot
Sponsored by NEC

3. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST VIDEO ART FILM
WINNER – PAPHOS AND GALATEA
– Directed by Philip Koch

4. THE CIFF AND YOUTH AWARD FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM
WINNER – BUZZ
– Directed by Spyros Taraviras

5. THE CIFF CINEMATOGRAPHY AWARD FOR BEST FEATURE FILM
SPONSORED BY KODAK AND SEAHORSE FILMS
WINNER – DANNY ELSEN for ELLEKTRA
Sponsored by Seahorse & KODAK

6. THE CIFF 2006 LIFE ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FOR MIMIS PLESSAS

7. THE CIFF AWARD FOR FAIR PLAY
WINNER – OLYMPIC DIARIES
– Directed by Aggeliki Contis

8. THE CIFF AWARD FOR NOSTIMON EMAR
WINNER - THE SPIRIT OF THE CHICAGO GREEKS
- Directed by Dr. Jenna Constantine

9. THE CIFF 2006 HUMANITARIAN AWARD
WINNER – VISIONING TIBET
– Directed by Isaac Solotaroff

10. AUDIENCE AWARD SPONSORED BY CHIVAS REGAL
WINNER – WHITE LIGHT
– Directed by Thanassis Sarantos

11. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST ACTRESS IN A FEATURE FILM
WINNER – JASMIN TABATABAI for UNVEILED

12. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST ACTOR IN A FEATURE FILM
WINNER – JEEVA for RAAM

13. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST MUSICAL SCORE FEATURE FILM
WINNER – YURAN SHANKAR RAJA for RAAM

14. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST SCREENPLAY
WINNER – ISSA LOPEZ for LADIES NIGHT
PRESENTED BY – Andrew Horton

15. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST DIRECTION
WINNER – Angelina Maccarone for UNVEILED

16. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST EDITIING
WINNER – JAMIN WINANS FOR 11:59

17. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
WINNER – GERT STAS for ELLEKTRA

18. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST COMEDY FILM
WINNER – METEORS
– Directed by John Kalemis Mavrogenis

19. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST CHILDREN’S FILM
WINNER – ALBUM (Iran)

20. THE CIFF AWARD FOR BEST COSTUME DESIGN
WINNER – THE FILM - "A DUMB GIRL IN THE SNOW-CAPPED MOUNTAIN"

21. GOLDEN APHRODITE AWARD FOR BEST FEATURE FILM
WINNER – UNVEILED – Directed by Angelina Maccarone

Note: Short Film Honorary Award has been given to Mr Panayiotis Photiou by the Jury Committee[/tscii:175f1b5727]

Music4Ever
29th March 2006, 11:47 PM
Yuvan is running 27th year and is 26 years old. I think his DoB is 31-8-1979.

MrJudge
30th March 2006, 12:13 AM
Yuvan is running 27th year and is 26 years old. I think his DoB is 31-8-1979.

Is it so? I don't find any good source about his DOB. My guess is that he started his career at the age of 17, so he must be 24/25 now.

MrJudge
30th March 2006, 12:21 AM
[tscii:fc826aa69f]Ram to be screened in the Cyprus International Film Festival

Jeeva’s critically acclaimed film Ram, directed and produced by Ameer has been chosen for screening and is also competing for the Golden Aphrodite award at the prestigious Cyprus International Film Festival 2006, to be held from March 24-27, 2006. Ram will be screened tomorrow, March 25, at 8 pm.

Veerapandiya Kattabomman, Sivaji Ganesan’s powerful and all-time classic movie was the last Tamil movie to be screened and up for competition in Asia-Africa Internation Film Festival at Cairo in 1960. After this, while many Tamil movies may have been screened, none were chosen for any awards. Now, Ram has created history.

The CIFF is considered on par with the Toronto and Cannes Film Festivals in terms of quantity and quality of films being shown and selected. This year, 130 films are being screened at the festival, of which 11 have been chosen for competing for the Golden Aphrodite Award. From India, 2 movies have been selected – Paheli, starring Shah Rukh Khan, which will only be screened and is not up for any awards; and the other is Ram.

Ram will be screened in 3 cities in Cyprus as the festival goes on – Nicosia and Limassol and Larnaca. Ram has already been selected in the Indian Panorama late last year.

Director-producer Ameer will be part of this festival, representing Ram; and Ammer’s next movie, Paruthi Veeran’s hero and Suriya’s brother, Karthik will accompany him.

Ameer is a happy man. He says that it is indeed an honour for him and the Tamil movie industry that Ram has been so well received, especially since Tamil films are not considered very often for any big Indian or international film festivals, despite excelling in quality of content. Ameer also said that this could partly be because no specific focus is given by the State and Central governments in financially or otherwise supporting good films at such gatherings. Plus, the censor board cuts many films in such a way that the strength of the film is lost and the impact is just not there. Even when requesting for no cuts (wherever justified) for the purpose of screening on international screens, film makers are given no leniency by the censor board. He hopes to see a lot of changes in the future.

He hopes to screen Paruthi Veeran in the Indian International Film Festival this year , just like Apaharan.[/tscii:fc826aa69f]

popeye11
30th March 2006, 12:58 AM
Great News to yuvan and all his Fans!
Congrats to both Yuvan and Jeeva!

dinesh2002
30th March 2006, 10:50 AM
great!!! :D :clap: bravo YSR :clap: !!!

lancelot
30th March 2006, 11:05 AM
congrats Yuvan.....keep up the good work
hehe
:D

itsmuls
30th March 2006, 11:54 AM
Congrats Yuvan

A.ANAND
30th March 2006, 12:33 PM
YUVANUKKU ORO O PODUNGGA!!!!

vasanth2006
30th March 2006, 01:31 PM
At Last local Boy got International best music director award.

it is so late.

Lot of times I posted in many threads that Yuvan is underrated and yuvan's achievements are not recogniseed

(if u want to know the yuvan's ability, please hear the orchestration,BGM of theme musics, bit songs of 7G Rainbow colony and kadhal kondaen. in 7GR, he used fusion in many theme soundtracks.)

Yuvan, we are expecting more and more from u.
You are having Lot of ability. u can do. go ahead.

Congrats Yuvan :thumbsup:

MrJudge
30th March 2006, 01:38 PM
Yes, Vasanth. This guy who hasn't even crossed amanjikarai yet, won the award. :) I hope he proves that his critics were wrong by crossing amanjikarai soon and doing big projects successfully in the coming years.

rajasaranam
30th March 2006, 02:43 PM
Go U1 Go. Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: and keep up the good work :thumbsup:

MADDY
30th March 2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, Vasanth. This guy who hasn't even crossed amanjikarai yet, won the award. :) I hope he proves that his critics were wrong by crossing amanjikarai soon and doing big projects successfully in the coming years.

:lol: , gud one.......i now think, YSR fans realise the pride in getting international/national recoginition............

gud work u1, keep it up...... :D

Sanjeevi
30th March 2006, 07:32 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/awards/jeeva.html

xml
30th March 2006, 09:24 PM
[tscii:c0ef4408e3]This is the Award for the Sincerity of the Amjikarai MD who did not even think of that but he has been forced to Awarded for his reputation for his Amjikarai work.

Like some TFM fans trying to prove his favorite MD who is passed away after YSR entry in TFM and still claiming as No.1!!!!! . Just criticizing YSR’s albums!!! .

It is just beginning of his career and many more to hear like this in the near future. So guys be cool and listen to YSR albums. Since YSR the MD consistently producing hit albums for the past five years I don’t need to describe about him. His albums and success will define him. He will definitely make the world turn in to Amjikarai.

Good luck YSR and his success.[/tscii:c0ef4408e3]

MADDY
31st March 2006, 10:08 AM
[tscii:283dd21ffc]Like some TFM fans trying to prove his favorite MD who is passed away after YSR entry in TFM and still claiming as No.1!!!!! . Just criticizing YSR’s albums!!!

It is just beginning of his career and many more to hear like this in the near future. So guys be cool and listen to YSR albums. Since YSR the MD consistently producing hit albums for the past five years I don’t need to describe about him. His albums and success will define him. He will definitely make the world turn in to Amjikarai.

Good luck YSR and his success.[/tscii:283dd21ffc]

fav MD passed away??? :lol: .....my favorite MD is "khuda"(god in urdu)....he will never pass away....

xml, arent u feeling ashamed to call YSR to be in the beginning of his career when he got introduced long back in 1998......he is 8 yr old pro in TFM now....

Scale
31st March 2006, 10:46 AM
Congrats Ameer & Yuvan.

Let these thenganaru fans think whatever. I dont care for posting my confession on this regard

An award after 45 years (VPKB:?) Under Movie & MD category? :huh: Does it mean all these years either of the Indian film is chosen/nominated/rejected? Ridiculous! :banghead:

Can someone tell me on what basis these movies are chosen in foreign films category? Hope these awards give a hint to National Award jury.

selvakumar
31st March 2006, 11:29 AM
Scale,
It is not a place to ridicule the selection..

Let's appreciate it rather than analysing :D

YSR is a person who looks more promising. IF he could avoid some remixes, then definitly he can reach much better heights without criticism. :D

Congratulations to YSR for having satisfied some set of people who haven't satisfied with the rest for 45 years. (No offense meant !)

YSR's Ninaithu Ninaithu from 7g and Vayathe Vaa Vaa from TI are my favorite songs. Infact, these songs really give the feel.

All the best Yuvan for all your future projects ! :D

july
31st March 2006, 12:01 PM
Congrats YUVAN !!!!

Scale
1st April 2006, 09:20 PM
Scale,
It is not a place to ridicule the selection..

Let's appreciate it rather than analysing :D

Selva, I am not ridiculing. Infact, I appreciated both. :clap:

What I would like to know is how these films are noticed and selected in foreign films category? Is there any agency promoting these movies in international arena? IS there really a category for Best Music Director :? totally.

Ok, leave it :wave: .

rocketboy
1st April 2006, 09:43 PM
congrats yuvan and jeeva. :)

jeeva deserves the award more than yuvan.

fantastic portrayal of an eccentric. no one could have done than better. actually the role suited him more than anyone else. can't imagine dhanush or simbhu playing the lead role in that movie. i watched his new movie dhishum ( with sandhya) recently.
even though his performance was not laudable one gets the feeling that
has come a long way since his first film.
8-)

svaisn
3rd April 2006, 01:18 AM
Way To go...

Congrats Yuvan and Jeeva

karthik_sa2
6th April 2006, 04:27 PM
congrats yuvan !!!!!! as i said yuvan is reaching the league of arr.its hightime atleast now arr fans accept this

MADDY
7th April 2006, 11:54 AM
congrats yuvan !!!!!! as i said yuvan is reaching the league of arr.its hightime atleast now arr fans accept this

karthik, will u accept ARR is in league of IR??advicing is easy.....okk

Scale
8th April 2006, 10:22 AM
karthi_sa2,

Churning out album after album doesnt make him anything great to add in the legends list. If continues at this rate, seriously HE would even beat IR in producing more craps. Remember what made IR, ARR shines is their uniqueness, variety, different projects. YSR has to learn from the ancestor's path, yes sacrifice and risk on doing better scoped projects instead of repeated duds pattiyal, sandakozhi, kalvanin kadhali etc. Only HC-IR to YSR fans will be discussing these songs for ever.

MrJudge
8th April 2006, 01:19 PM
karthi_sa2,

Churning out album after album doesnt make him anything great to add in the legends list. If continues at this rate, seriously HE would even beat IR in producing more craps. Remember what made IR, ARR shines is their uniqueness, variety, different projects. YSR has to learn from the ancestor's path, yes sacrifice and risk on doing better scoped projects instead of repeated duds pattiyal, sandakozhi, kalvanin kadhali etc. Only HC-IR to YSR fans will be discussing these songs for ever.

unga vayaththerichal nanna puriyarathu :)

Scale
8th April 2006, 02:47 PM
[tscii:83f2e70f1b]The hyperacidity level of mine is very much in control unlike yours which bursts out everytime vehemently. :mrgreen:

Do me a favour, pass it on to YSR for his personal benefits with a tag "ARRfans are not yr hatreds". Songs in pattiyal, kalvanin kadhali, sandhkozhi, AIBI wouldn’t long-last for sure & it will only fill remix/re-hash trashcan. Raam, Kanda Naal Mudhal, Pudupettai are certainly good and lifts him to a level above.

AIBI "Orampoo Naina", If a HC-IR fan like RS have this much appreciation for such tracks. My GOD, Where are we aheading? I can trace lots of rehashes on instrumentals following "namma kaatula". Can someone point it clearly. Another one is strawberry kanne & thiruda thirudi fight song.[/tscii:83f2e70f1b]

Kadavul
8th April 2006, 08:00 PM
unga vayaththerichal nanna puriyarathu :)

Hey just ignore whatever they say. Yuvan will surpass the so called best MDs now :roll: .

He's the hot cake now and will be in future :cool:

vayitherichal ellam arasiyala sagayamappa :razz:

vasanth2006
8th April 2006, 09:31 PM
Ennada evalo nerama kanumennu nenaichaen?

amamba, ARR enna senchalum athu ulagathileye great, extraordinary.
Yuvan enna senchalum athu rehash. quality kedayadhu.
athuve ARR sencha commerical loops.

ama naanga mattumthan, YSR music patthi pesurom.
after 2000, ARR music patthi patti thottiyellam pesuranga.

AIBI illa onnume illa. GF ill Ellam irukku. (Except innisai song)
ethavathu pudhusa irukka antha albumthula?
athai patthi aga ogo nnu paraturinga?
SAR will do better no than "kamma karaiyila".

do u have ears?
intha albumthula yuvan panna mathiri ARR ithukku munnadi panniyirukkara?
Yuvan Breaks the Rules.
1) there is no pallavi-anu pallavi-saranam
2) Different type of sounds and compositions
3) Different types of format.

within 2 to 3 months period la 8 Hits(including classical pudhupettai,AIBI). itha ARR yosichu parkka mudiyuma?
5 pattu panna 5 masam thevai.
Time Eduthu panna (ARR alavukku ille) Yuvan will give like 7gR.that is example.Because for that film only he takes more time.

after 2000, periya director illama or in flopped films,
ARRdo nilamai enna? periya director illama Success panna mudiyuma?. periya budget padathoda hype illama ARRdo nilamai?
think Yuvan case, he is almost doing medium/small budget films only.eventhough he is able to give the hits.
ippadi sollitte pogalam. everybody has the advantages and disadvantages.

IMHO, Yuvan is Better BGM composer than ARR.

Naan onnum ARRkku theramai illainnu sollale.avaruthan intha variety pannanum apptinkarathukku munnodi/vazhikatti.(ARR illainna Yuvan intha mathiri senchu parthirukka mudiyadhu)tamil musicka world levelkku eduthuttu ponaru. Pala sadhanaikal purinjaru.
attallem marukkamudiya unmai.
attukkaga avaru pannarathallem greatnnu solrethallem entha vidhathil niyam? (I am a hardcore 90's ARR FAN, 80's IR FAN)
modalla ARR patthi hype pandratha vidunga.
avaru pandra isaiyai bettera panni thara alunga vanthuttanga.
ARR thota ponnu, mathavanga thotta kalimannu. first remove that mentality.
dont forget that while ARR came in to this field, how much he got the oppose. but easily he recognised.
the same thing happening for Yuvan. but he is not recognised.
Please encourage the young talents. (ARR encourage pannama vitturuntha enna agiyirukkum?. namma tamil music world levelluku poirukkuma?)
Accept the truth.

Sanjeevi
8th April 2006, 10:10 PM
well said vasanth. keep telling the truth and trend :D

dinesh2002
8th April 2006, 10:21 PM
try telling this to yuvan shankar raja...he will kick u guys in ur errmmms.... haha...coz he himself wont degrade ARR like wut ur doing...dont tell me coz its his humbleness...but becoz he is a agood musician and he knows what have ARR done & the speciality in them.... ok va...

Scale
9th April 2006, 11:23 AM
[tscii:da18e8d5ec]
Read karthik_sa2's post and further replies why this discussion popped up.
Mr. Idlechatter(s) :lol: ,

Rahman doesn’t have to attempt anything further to prove his greatness. Tracks like "kamma karayila"(infact, Ist of his type w/ mix of folk, bhangra in kuthu) doesn’t defame him in anyway. Possibly its directors-cuurent tamil trend request where he distracts atleast to a quiet listenable track. On the other hand he never failed to pack with sensational tracks like Innisai, Theeyil and youthful Ilamai.

Here, We are discussing about an upcoming young MD that too from a Maestro's family needs a path-breaking, eternal melodies, different genres scores to strike firmly rather churning out raaghav-DJ-styled remixes. A track without pallavi-anupallavi-charanam is not a song A "VASANAM" in a fast tempo (Do you got an idea how my ears exists and works now?). breaking the rules, new sounds, YSR 8 hits :shock: ARR cannot dream blah...blah.. Are you desperate?. Get the facts clearly ARR is very much realitstic rather dreaming.

The accusation in recent ARR albums why it gets unnoticed is he experiments a lot that those tunes aren't hummable by a ordinary listerners like Dhakka lagga bukka, Khalbhali, wanna be free, wassup, Dhuan etc,swades,rising,bose,meenaxi.E20U18,kadhal virus,tenali,pp etc.. True! I totally agree. But YSR is doing at a very early stage in every album mostly 3-4 songs that too with his horrible voice. Isnt there a long way to GO for him!.

And stop blabbering, ARR thottathellam ponnavarathukku HE is not a GOLDMINE Merchandiser nor WE/Worldly listeners are fools in the world of ILLUSION.

Bye :wave:
[/tscii:da18e8d5ec]

Sanjeevi
9th April 2006, 11:56 AM
Ada vidungappa

ARR is ARR and YSR is YSR.

Now it is the time to enjoy "One man show" by IR :D

IMHO, IR did many many experimentations and ofcourse he is doing and will do. Also ARR did many. Now U1

MrJudge
10th April 2006, 10:02 AM
[tscii]
Songs in pattiyal, kalvanin kadhali, sandhkozhi, AIBI wouldn’t long-last for sure & it will only fill remix/re-hash trashcan.

Yeah, same pallavi coming up from the opposite camp when someone is successful. Just go ask any MKT fans/MSV fans/IR fans, they will tell you how long their MDs song will longlast while others' not. These are the same complaints we heard about your MDs initial offerings. So are they gone to trashcan as well?

Kadavul
10th April 2006, 10:10 AM
pattiyal songs will last longer than ah aah songs and e ee songs :lol:

MADDY
10th April 2006, 09:56 PM
vasanth and other YSR fans......u must realise that treatment meted out to YSR is very mild.......u know vasanth, wat all names that IR fans have called ARR with......adhuellam compare pannum pothu this is nuthin........infact, ARR fans are willingly supporting his songs during voting and all......

i can refute all ur allegations that YSR is better than ARR.......enga thala vidhi that we had to answer IR fans some ten years back and now YSR fans......

moreover, ARR was suppressed by media and IR-veriyans in 90's....he was not recognised instantly.........but ARR was too special to be kept out....the shameless kumudhams and anandha vikatans now fall at ARR's feet who once wrote so bad abt him.......let ur YSR also do that.......we wud appreciate it........imagine poor ppl. like VS and HJ who had to come thru so many hardships of coming on thier own........YSR is born with silver spoon........life has been so simple for him till now......he has to prove a lot b4 other MD fans can appreciate him..

MADDY
10th April 2006, 10:04 PM
moreover, i'm hearing a lot abt u1 here only.......and in sections of web-media......i dunt find normal ppl. talking abt him, nor magazines putting up his news........i even have neighbours who dont even know that he is MD for pattiyal and AIBI........is he really creating a wave amongst ppl.???

rajasaranam
11th April 2006, 02:35 AM
AIBI "Orampoo Naina", If a HC-IR fan like RS have this much appreciation for such tracks. My GOD, Where are we aheading? [/tscii]

We are perfectly heading for a musical downfall and the pioneer was ARR. He was the one who wanted us to appreciate new sounds and technology..music filled with soul less compositions etc :)
Being different is to be appreciated whether its is good or not. And YSR is being different as of now.
Orampo Naina has many forms of world music blended together like a mixture of coffee tea and coke. hey the taste is new and different...just for heck of it... it sounds funny and peppy... great enjoy that... this moment... and forget it later...more fun is in the offering and coming on the way.
And for the rest of the time there is always natural 'ilaneer' or a pefect blend of scotch, soda and ice cubes offered by 'The King' and we can immerse ourselves in that 'Isai Bodhai' Anytime :wink:

rajasaranam
11th April 2006, 02:45 AM
i dunt find normal ppl. talking abt him
.......i even have neighbours who dont even know that he is MD for pattiyal and AIBI........is he really creating a wave amongst ppl.???

Only Abnormal people talk about him :lol: and I find more of ARR fans coming to U1's threads and talking :wink:

And the truth is he is not really creating any waves. Be happy for it. People dont care who is the MD of a movie anymore. It ended with IR decorating most of the movie posters over tamilnadu in the 80's and 90's and also ARR who had a fair share to his credit with his cutouts outside cinema halls.

Its the next gen of yuppie youngsters who hyped up ARR is doing the same for YSR today. But those days ARR was enjoyed by the whole yuppie crowd now the yuppies have more choices... :roll:

aruvi
11th April 2006, 08:53 AM
First, I was surprised that there was something called cyrus film festival.

Second, I was surprised that the initiator reduced Yuvan's age by 4 years. He was born in 1979, so in his 27th year.

Third, I was surprised that this has brought up an ARR/YSR comparision. If that is the idea, then since IR has not won Cyrus film festival award yet...hmmm

There is something about the MSV, IR, ARR that no future MD, or present MD will touch. That is originality. They came into the field with something that was theirs. What YSR/Bharadwaj/Vidhyasagar/Karthikraja/Deva all have is something from these geniuses.

And coming to Jeeva's acting. There are so many eccentrics in daily life that we see. But I have never seen anyone going as nutty as Jeeva. Personally, I think the director got mixed up about how he wanted to portray the hero.

MrJudge
11th April 2006, 10:24 AM
First, I was surprised that there was something called cyrus film festival.

It's not cyrus, it's Cyprus. Do we know everything in the world? Ofcourse not. :)

Second, I was surprised that the initiator reduced Yuvan's age by 4 years. He was born in 1979, so in his 27th year.

I already replied to M4E's posting regarding his age question, still no authentic source for his Bday. :( Even if you consider 79 as his birth year, then he was 25 years old when the movie was released.

MADDY
11th April 2006, 10:25 AM
Only Abnormal people talk about him :lol: and I find more of ARR fans coming to U1's threads and talking :wink:

hey talking abt someone in forums is nuthin great......the general public shuld talk abt them.....that is wat i meant here.....

Its the next gen of yuppie youngsters who hyped up ARR is doing the same for YSR today. But those days ARR was enjoyed by the whole yuppie crowd now the yuppies have more choices... :roll:

but RS, the same yuppie crowd now thinks Federer is the only one in tennis, dhoni,yuvraj are the best in cricket, Himesh as no.1 MD in HFM and so on.....y hasnt u1 been able to garner such a name as he also comes from the above mentioned gen......yuppie crowd have choice but they also know who is the best.....

vasanth2006
11th April 2006, 11:33 AM
moreover, i'm hearing a lot abt u1 here only.......and in sections of web-media......i dunt find normal ppl. talking abt him, nor magazines putting up his news........i even have neighbours who dont even know that he is MD for pattiyal and AIBI........is he really creating a wave amongst ppl.???

Maddy i accepted ur point slightly. He is reached the Music lovers area firmly and got the good name in industry also. but he is little bit struggled to reach the Normal crowd. but i think he is reaching the normal people with lot of commerical hits now.
(i seen 3 times pattiyal film in various theaters. in all the theaters, i saw the huge applause for Yuvan name in the screen and when arya tells yuvan's name, there are lot of vicil sounds and applause)

i think the reason behind the late recognition is surely paper media and visual media.( Especially like kumudham,AV, dailies and all the TV channells). somehow they are not rewarded or ignored him.( that is bad luck for Yuvan)
the reason for that is Yuvan is not doing big budget hyped films.

another important criticize about Yuvan is that Because of IR son only he is successfull. that is not valid point. because karthik raja also son of IR. is Karthik raja successfull?.
Yuvan is real hard worker. in AV interview, selva told like " yuvankkitta kettu parunga thoongi ethanai nallachunnu, i think five daysmban". that is the certificate for his hard work.

Anyway he is giving something new and good music.
Time only will tell that how much he will reach?

aruvi
11th April 2006, 11:39 AM
Gosh, I really don't know the festivals name:-) Should have doublechecked up there. I was under the impression that the award was given this year. That's why I said 27th year.

MrJudge
12th April 2006, 12:49 PM
I was under the impression that the award was given this year. That's why I said 27th year.

Yes, the award was given this year for the work he did 1+ years ago
:)

MrJudge
22nd April 2006, 09:51 AM
Director Ameer Felicitated
[Friday, April 21, 2006]

Director Ameer was felicitated by Thiraipada Pathirikaiyalargal Sangam for his much-acclaimed Raam featuring Jeeva in the lead role, was selected for the screening at the famous Cyprus International Film Festival. Besides, Jeeva won the award for the best actor.

Over 130 films from 40 countries were screened at the festival and only 11 of them were selected for the award category. From Asia, Raam and a Chinese film A Dumb Girl In a Snowcapped Mountain were selected for screening.

Ameer says, 'Raam was never made keeping in mind these awards. Now, the recognition has made me more responsible and I should live up to expectation', he adds.

He said, 'I came from Madurai and thankfully got an opportunity to direct Mounam Pesiyadhae. After which I ran from pillar to post seeking dates for my next movie from several heroes. Finally I decided to direct and produce myself and convinced Yuvanshankar and R B Choudhary.'

Ameer urged up- and-coming film directors to churn out movies with dedication.

Among those who felicitated him include director P Vasu, Seeman, Susi Ganesan and lyricist Arivumathy.

manuel
29th April 2006, 01:04 AM
The award realy comes as a surprise ......

MusicIsLife
6th June 2006, 10:30 PM
I started watching the movie RAM yesterday, the starting score was amazing, something very much resembling the Nooravuthu Naal starting sequence in the titles, but had a YSR flava to it.

Vysar
7th June 2006, 12:00 AM
RAM wins for Best Picture and Amir for director in Indian Panorama held in Goa recently

MusicIsLife
7th June 2006, 08:58 PM
I completed watching RAM, a very good movie, nice acting by jeeva, YSR score was brilliant be it the songs(amma sentiment song was totally mind-blowing) or the bgm. it was appropriate and very good. Aamir needs kudos as well as YSR.

rashid2raj
7th June 2006, 09:05 PM
I completed watching RAM, a very good movie, nice acting by jeeva, YSR score was brilliant be it the songs(amma sentiment song was totally mind-blowing) or the bgm. it was appropriate and very good. Aamir needs kudos as well as YSR.

How many days do you take to watch a movie.. ?? :P

rashid2raj
7th June 2006, 09:05 PM
jus kiddin.. :)

MusicIsLife
8th June 2006, 10:35 AM
Rashid2Raj
With my work, travel and home-improvement/games, i usually watch movies only say till the interval, i continue the next day. but for some reason, i started watching RAM and stopped it, then yesterday made up my mind to finish it.
usually it takes atleast 2 days (consecutive or non-consecutive).