PDA

View Full Version : London Dreams - ARR

Scale
30th March 2006, 10:23 AM
[tscii:eb5210b1af]Interesting :)

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&articleid=32920062232596563292006223159109

Santoshi puts comedy on hold
The director's next has Salman and Ajay playing London-based rockers

Subhash K Jha

He would have ideally liked to make a full-on comedy after the grim Khakee and Family. But director Raj Kumar Santoshi has decided to move on to his long-cherished dream project instead. “I've started shooting for my film London Dreams with an initial stint at the Golden Temple in Amritsar,” the director says. “It's about a rock band in England. Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan play rock musicians. About the comedy I was to make – casting for it begun. It should be in place by April or May.”

A film about a rock band is new territory for both the director and his two leading men. “Yes, Ajay and Salman have never played such roles before. I'm now casting for the other roles. A couple of my actors will be from London. I also need to cast an African-British actor. About eighty per cent of the story unfolds in London; the rest takes place in India.”

Santoshi has never shot a film abroad so extensively before. “That's true. Lajja started in the US but moved to India. I guess I'm a very Indian filmmaker. This is the first time that I'm moving into issues and emotions beyond nationality. London Dreams is about individuals, their dreams and desires, as brought together by their music,” he says.

A. R. Rahman's music plays a very important part in the narration. “I've always wanted to take the untrodden path. As a filmmaker I constantly want to explore new themes. London Dreams takes me on a totally new journey. We start in London in June-end and complete the film by the end of the year. It's going to be a huge film with seven to eight songs.”

Though Raj has worked with Ajay repeatedly, London Dreams will be only his second film with Salman Khan after the '94 comedy Andaz Apna Apna. “London Dreams is a very unusual subject. And it requires the two actors. Salman and Ajay play childhood friends. But let me tell you, the screenplay by Sreedhar Raghavan (who has written several of my films) will be entirely different from anything I've done so far.”
[/tscii:eb5210b1af]

lancelot
30th March 2006, 11:02 AM
r v gonna see rock music from ARR?????? WOW this is huge......
a fan of ARock music and ARR cannot ask for more.....

hehe
:D

ajaybaskar
4th April 2007, 11:49 AM
Shattered Dreams

Raj Kumar Santoshi shelves London Dreams after Salman Khan's hair transplant problems clash with Ajay Devgan's dates. The 8 tracks composed by ARR for the movie goes in vain.

rayan36
4th April 2007, 11:52 AM
Probably will be used for other movies

ajaybaskar
4th April 2007, 11:55 AM
Hope he does that....

MADDY
7th April 2007, 05:04 PM
he can use it for sakkarakatti and finish the movie and let it come out..... :roll: ........ivarukaaga dhaan waitingnnu ketta peravadhu pogum....

rayan36
7th April 2007, 09:20 PM
he can use it for sakkarakatti and finish the movie and let it come out..... :roll: ........ivarukaaga dhaan waitingnnu ketta peravadhu pogum....

Good things in life yepoythumay latetha varum :wink: