PDA

View Full Version : childrens games

uncle tex
31st March 2006, 04:46 PM
When I was in India (about 52 years ago) we played many children's games but now I can't remember the rules to how we played these games, such as marbles for instance. There were many types of marble games we played but I can't remember them all. There was another game where a small stick was placed on the ground and struck with a larger one. Etc. Is there anyone out there who could enlighten me ?

Shakthiprabha.
31st March 2006, 05:34 PM
:roll:

my mom or dad may know...

I think its called KITTIPUL right?

uncle tex
31st March 2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the reply Shakthiprabha but I am afraid I don't rember the names. I would need a bit more detail of the game to see if it jogs my memory.

swathy
31st March 2006, 10:49 PM
Kitti :-)

uncle tex
1st April 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the reply but I'm sorry you are going to have to tell me in English. I used to speak Tamil and Urdu but that was more than 50 years ago.

swathy
1st April 2006, 09:26 PM
even in thamizh it is killi

uncle tex
2nd April 2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks Swathy !

Alan
2nd April 2006, 11:37 PM
Uncle tex, so you have left India 50 years ago & never returned? :shock:

uncle tex
3rd April 2006, 12:37 AM
No Alan. Circumstances did not allow me to.

Querida
3rd April 2006, 01:19 AM
Howdy Uncle Tex :)

maybe you'll find this thread more useful:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2915&highlight=games

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2006, 12:58 PM
uncle tex do u or dont u miss india?

:oops:

Lambretta
4th April 2006, 02:17 PM
uncle tex do u or dont u miss india?

:oops:
Well judging by his queries here I'd reckon he does! :) :(

uncle tex
4th April 2006, 03:34 PM
Hi
Shakthiprabha and Lambretta. I certainly do miss India. I was born in Tanjore and am Anglo Indian. When I came to England I eventually married an English girl. She would find it hard to leave her native country and besides, we have three children and grandchildren, so to move from England would be quite hard. If I were to visit India it would have to be over several weeks to get the most from the visit but right now finances do not allow this. So I live in hope.
The name Lambretta brings back memories because I was an avid fan of the Lambretta scooter. I had, over a period of time, most of the different models starting with a LD and finishing with a GT200. I thought they were the best design scooter at that time.

Lambretta
4th April 2006, 03:47 PM
The name Lambretta brings back memories because I was an avid fan of the Lambretta scooter. I had, over a period of time, most of the different models starting with a LD and finishing with a GT200. I thought they were the best design scooter at that time.
Kudos to u, Uncle Tex!! :thumbsup: :D 8-)
And wat a pleasant surprise to meet another Lambretta enthusiast! :D
Yup, even I think they wer the best design of tat time.... but unftly they can be really heavy ('wonder how ppl. in India managed to carry their whole families on them in the old days! :shock: ) & low on the fuel mileage factor, wich is y not many prefer them today......sad to see tat its almost being a laughing-stock if u ride one today when not too long ago, they wer the most preferred choice of scooters here! :(
I think LDs r much too rare now, I've personally never seen one here, altho I've seen many Li 150 series 2 (the most common) & also GP150 (altho known as Vijai Super in India- I own one myself, on wich I learnt scooter-driving last year! :))
We didnt hav the GTs or ne of the other 'slimstyle' models in India tho....