PDA

View Full Version : Hindhi - In Bollywood Industry

srivatsan
3rd April 2006, 01:46 AM
Is Hindhi is the language being in use in Bolliwood Industry. I see more than 95 % of Urdu words in songs or dialogues. This trend will lead only to the distruction of Hindhi. It will be only in some Govt. Orders and Govt. related documents......

Is Bollywood spoling Hindhi?

Lambretta
4th April 2006, 07:44 PM
Um......interesting thread to discuss in but I think this shud be in INDIAN FILMS secn. rather than TAMIL films....? :?

MADDY
4th April 2006, 07:46 PM
i dunno much abt Hindi literary history....probabaly Bollywood is the crowning factor for hindi......i mean, tamil has thousands of kavyams and other works of literary marvels, english has its own set of poetic greatness, sanskrit- the deva basha on which so many epics have been written, Marathi has a rich theatrical culture.....i doubt wat does hindi have in that aspect???

so, only bollywood is the literary achievement for Hindi..../.dunt complain sir....

srivatsan
4th April 2006, 08:55 PM
i dunno much abt Hindi literary , Marathi has a rich theatrical culture.....i doubt wat does hindi have in that aspect???

so, only bollywood is the literary achievement for Hindi..../.dunt complain sir....

Discussing about Hindi as alanguage can be done in seperate thread...but to be short..

Hindhi---->Hindusthani....which means, the language being spoken Hindustan.

The Arabs calls us Hindustan or Hind. So according to them what the people in Hindustan speaks is Hindhi. But it is actally Sanskritham only, spoken in a colloqial form. As the Arabs didnt know about "Samskritham" they called this Hindhi and as usual, we accepted the identity, foriengners gave us....that is all...

Just if U want to hav a look at pure Hindhi, look this Govt. of India sponsered website...

:D http://www.abhyuday.org/xphysics/html/index.php

srivatsan
4th April 2006, 08:58 PM
Um......interesting thread to discuss in but I think this shud be in INDIAN FILMS secn. rather than TAMIL films....? :?

This is already in "Indian Movies" Section :)

MADDY
4th April 2006, 09:11 PM
Hindhi---->Hindusthani....which means, the language being spoken Hindustan

srivatsan, Hindustan derived its name from river Indus......it is land of Indus- Indusstan.......correct me if i'am wrong....

moving to the topic, i guess nobody is doing service by making films rite.......they have to make money......moreover, Hindi has a sanskrit/urdu influence which none an deny......urdu is such a beautiful language, isee no harm in it being used with hindi

Lambretta
4th April 2006, 09:16 PM
Hindhi---->Hindusthani....which means, the language being spoken Hindustan
srivatsan, Hindustan derived its name from river Indus......it is land of Indus- Indusstan.......correct me if i'am wrong....
Hmm......now we hav a bit of the history secn. too here! :)
Yes, Hindu is dervied from Indu (wich I think was Indus in Greek)....:)

As for using Urdu words in Hindhi films, even otherwise, tat is the way Hindi is spoken by & large by northie junta......how many wud u find speaking 'Shudh' Hindi these days, except maybe Hindi newsreaders! :?

srivatsan
4th April 2006, 10:37 PM
most of the RSS guys, they speak in pure Hindi, as far as I know....:)

I strongly feel that the north junta speaks this kind of Urdu becuz they are highly influenzed by Bollywood..

srivatsan
4th April 2006, 10:42 PM

moving to the topic, i guess nobody is doing service by making films rite.......they have to make money......moreover, Hindi has a sanskrit/urdu influence which none an deny......urdu is such a beautiful language, isee no harm in it being used with hindi

Indus----->Sindhu..the Sindhu river. The Greeks of Alexander era thought that there is a river called Indus and there are band of people living there.....and the land is called Sindh or Hindh. Unfortunately, Sindhu cant represent the entire "Bharatha Varsha" and none of us cared to correct this....

Lambretta
4th April 2006, 10:56 PM
most of the RSS guys, they speak in pure Hindi, as far as I know....:)

I strongly feel that the north junta speaks this kind of Urdu becuz they are highly influenzed by Bollywood..
Nope, I think they've been speaking tat way (except maybe in places like Benaras & another place I heard of in the north, forgot the name!) even b4 B'wood got popular.....ever since Urdu was invented over ther (centuries ago, during Islamic rule!) :)

srivatsan
4th April 2006, 11:37 PM
.....ever since Urdu was invented over ther (centuries ago, during Islamic rule!) :)

Got the point from your msg.... :)

but when you see bolliwwod dialogue writers or Lyricists belong to certain group, which speaks Urdu and that is why I think, Hindhi is substituted by Urudu.....If you see "MahaBharatha" serial, you cant say, that any word used in that is strange....and those words, trust me, I myslef hav heard from Dakshin Bharatha Hindhi Prachar Sabha's tect books...

so the point is, Hindhi remains to be close with Samskrit, but for Bollywood...

NEHA1222
5th December 2006, 04:01 PM
"I strongly feel that the north junta speaks this kind of Urdu becuz they are highly influenzed by Bollywood.."

My family has been speaking this type of hindi even before bollywood. 1st thing 1st before you talk about hindi, 1st question what is urdu? urdu is a combination of hindi, sanskrit and arabic. Many of my pakistani friends even tell me that today's urdu is not pure urdu it is a mixture of hindi and urdu. In addition they have told me that if pure urdu would be spoken it would be hard for them to understand forget bollywood. Also if we think about it URDU was created by moguls to communicate with the indians so the basic structure of urdu is from hindi. As far as im concerned we are speaking hindi, and everybody has to realize that hindi like english, spanish and arabic has evolved through centuries and we should recognize the change.