PDA

View Full Version : Yuvan and A.R.Rahman

sentsbu1
7th April 2006, 02:19 AM
Its just a gamble...I feel very soon, Yuvan would call A.R.Rahman and ask to sing him for a song in his music or A.R.Rahman call Yuvan to sing a song in his music...

How do you people feel when that combo happens !!!...

aruvi
7th April 2006, 02:47 AM
Why don't you call both and ask to please stop singing in films? I think most people would feel very satisfied with that:-)

lancelot
7th April 2006, 09:00 AM
Why don't you call both and ask to please stop singing in films? I think most people would feel very satisfied with that:-)

wat the hell is rong with u.....??????
atlest he is thinking somthing nice.....

i would like to see ARR sing for some other MD..... but i dont think he would..... lets wait an see....

hehe
:D

MADDY
7th April 2006, 09:33 AM
aruvi, listen to ARR's voice in:

Vellai pookal ( KM)
Yeh jo des hai tera (Swades)
Lukka chuppi (RDBasanti)
Desh mere(legend of bhagat singh)
Theeyil vizhunda(Godfather)

and then make ur judgement....

its a gud question, actually.....there were unconfirmed reports 4-5 years back that ARR called Bavatharini to sing in a song, but it didn't materialise.......i guess ARR singing for YSR is more possible than YSR singing for ARR.....

MrJudge
7th April 2006, 10:30 AM
i guess ARR singing for YSR is more possible than YSR singing for ARR.....

Usually in tfm industry, retired mds will sing under someother MD's music direction. So YSR singing for TB is out of question but TB singng for YSR is very much likely :)

MADDY
7th April 2006, 11:27 AM

Usually in tfm industry, retired mds will sing under someother MD's music direction. So YSR singing for TB is out of question but TB singng for YSR is very much likely :)

ya rite, no wonder Ilayaraja sang for YSR in "namma kaatula" from Pattiyal....... :lol:

inetk
7th April 2006, 02:24 PM
Appdi Podu arvaaLa!

njv
7th April 2006, 04:43 PM
slowing down after 900 films and 3 decads - i would say its honorable
slowing down from first film = how to name it?

rashid2raj
7th April 2006, 05:14 PM

ya rite, no wonder Ilayaraja sang for YSR in "namma kaatula" from Pattiyal....... :lol:

:lol:

Kadavul
7th April 2006, 06:18 PM

arr will sing for YSR soon :rotfl:

MADDY
7th April 2006, 06:29 PM
njv, i fully did not understand ur post....but i bought IR here to make judge realise "criticism" is a 2-way sword......no offence meant to the maestro....

kadavul, we wud really like to see YSR make ARR retire one day.....but is he capable of doing it???u know, wat i mean, put ARR out of business......y do top directors and big banners still prefer ARR, if he is retiring???

rashid2raj
7th April 2006, 09:38 PM
Its just a gamble...I feel very soon, Harris would call Deva and ask to sing him for a copied song in his music or Deva would call Harris to sing a copied song in his music...

How do you people feel when that combo happens !!!...

genesis
7th April 2006, 09:46 PM
What kind of discussion is this? All MD's and their family members shall stop singing. That will be good for all of us.

We have not heard much of a good singer like Unni Krishnan for last 2-3 years. Here we are discussing about YSR and ARR singing? Crap!!

rashid2raj
7th April 2006, 09:55 PM
What kind of discussion is this? All MD's and their family members shall stop singing. That will be good for all of us.

We have not heard much of a good singer like Unni Krishnan for last 2-3 years. Here we are discussing about YSR and ARR singing? Crap!!

Pooodang' ... Just imagine Unni singin' Thee Pidikka thee pidikka.. :lol: After that you might change ur opinion whether Unni should be singin today or not. Anyway, try listen Naresh Iyer.. :D

dinesh2002
7th April 2006, 09:59 PM
but i think the Raja's family needs to get this in thier head...they r practicly bring thier family members to sing in their songs...lately i heard premji is related to YSR...goodnes...whose next???

ARR has only let his sis,daughters & nephew to sing selected once...not like make them sing in every album!!!!

slperson1
7th April 2006, 11:09 PM
I dont see why ARRahmans work which is much better than YSR's goes unnoticed. For example: Meenaxi,Bose, & Mangal Pandey in hindhi. WOHE in Chinese or even his chaiya chaiya getting a spot in a hollywood film (Inside Man) even his bombay theme was in Lord of War (Nichola Cage film) Bombay theme is found in multiple indian cd compilations.

But if any other md even reaches one ounce of his accomplishments they are suddenly great and better then him?IR's thiruvasagam is really nothing when compared to what ARR has done already with his international projects,but that was given more credit for less work?

There is an anti-rahman wave for what reason?

genesis
8th April 2006, 12:28 AM
pooodang'..... I like it!!

Anyway to counter why dont you have Shankar Mahadevan or Naresh Iyer sing "Thoda Thoda Malarthathenna Poove"... you will have the same result as UK singing Theepidikka.

My point was when we have so many great singers, there is no need for MDs to sing (unless they are relly good, and song suits them.. like Yeh Jo Desh Tera just suited ARR very well)....

njv
8th April 2006, 02:12 AM
njv, i fully did not understand ur post....but i bought IR here to make judge realise "criticism" is a 2-way sword......no offence meant to the maestro....

kadavul, we wud really like to see YSR make ARR retire one day.....but is he capable of doing it???u know, wat i mean, put ARR out of business......y do top directors and big banners still prefer ARR, if he is retiring???

Everybody retire and IR is by no mean exception. Is he retired - from 40 movies / year to 10 movies / year - looks like he is retired but he is not. Watch out this year.

svaisn
8th April 2006, 07:11 AM
aruvi, listen to ARR's voice in:

Vellai pookal ( KM)
Yeh jo des hai tera (Swades)
Lukka chuppi (RDBasanti)
Desh mere(legend of bhagat singh)
Theeyil vizhunda(Godfather)

and then make ur judgement....

its a gud question, actually.....there were unconfirmed reports 4-5 years back that ARR called Bavatharini to sing in a song, but it didn't materialise.......i guess ARR singing for YSR is more possible than YSR singing for ARR.....
yes

Maddy it was for the film yelelo... parthiban's movie/..

but it was dropped

Scale
8th April 2006, 10:07 AM
I dont see why ARRahmans work which is much better than YSR's goes unnoticed. For example: Meenaxi,Bose, & Mangal Pandey in hindhi. WOHE in Chinese or even his chaiya chaiya getting a spot in a hollywood film (Inside Man) even his bombay theme was in Lord of War (Nichola Cage film) Bombay theme is found in multiple indian cd compilations.

But if any other md even reaches one ounce of his accomplishments they are suddenly great and better then him?IR's thiruvasagam is really nothing when compared to what ARR has done already with his international projects,but that was given more credit for less work?

There is an anti-rahman wave for what reason?

Excellent post dude! :thumbsup: :clap:

Learn it, how your post gets unnoticed here!

MADDY
8th April 2006, 10:10 AM
but i think the Raja's family needs to get this in thier head...they r practicly bring thier family members to sing in their songs...lately i heard premji is related to YSR...goodnes...whose next???

this reminds me of a "famous" political family in TN where they are trying to promote their kith and kin in all fields.... :D

Scale
8th April 2006, 10:25 AM
Engal vottu edhir katchikke :lol: (j/k)

MrJudge
8th April 2006, 01:18 PM

Yeah, IR is retired dude, and so is TB who was given early retirement from tfm hehehe :)

jaiganes
8th April 2006, 08:01 PM
MrJudge!!!
Your comments are so below the belt that they rob the merit of whatever little sense you try to make. ARR is a master in his own right, very much the same way IR is. YSR is young star on rise and comparisons are always odious. They are even more absurd in the field of art. Just think how naive on would sound if they started comparing Thiruvalluvar with bharathiyar and Ilango adigal or Keats! Thiruvalluvar's style was expressing a profound truth with brevity bordering non-expression, while someone like Kambar was overflowing with ideas and allegories. In much the same way musicians also cannot be compared which is what IR said in his "How To Name It?" with a piece called "Dont compare".
Now I appeal to you to refrain from calling ARR as TB or by any other name. This is not to regain any honour for ARR, but for you to be seen as some one with a good point for discussion. Otherwise your posts will end up as a few more MBs in the e-garbage that is around many forums these days. Of course you are free to disregard this simple piece of advice and take your wonderful potshots at me too.

thamizhvaanan
9th April 2006, 10:48 PM
wonderful reply jaiganes. u r bang on target when u say "Just think how naive on would sound if they started comparing Thiruvalluvar with bharathiyar and Ilango adigal or Keats" :clap: :clap: :clap: classsic example.

but meanwhile we can still compare the style of composing of these geniuses. i've been listening to a lot of IR for the past one month. It has been like baptism for me. i've been livin in TN right from my birth and it took 19 yrs for me to recognise the treasure that had been there all the time. but i am still an ARR fan and wud love to discuss abt these geniuses :)

aruvi
9th April 2006, 10:59 PM
Vellai Pookal is an excellent song by ARR. So is Dil Se Re. I have to say that I have not listened to the rest of the songs in that list, since my interest in ARR's music took a sharp dip since 2000.

If we look at it that way, even IR has sung songs like Janani Janani and Naan thedum which have attracted the masses. But his voice is still not that good and he sounds bad in most of his songs.

Likewise, ARR's singing leaves a lot to be desired, especially when he takes it upon himself to sing in high pitches.

There's nothing much original in YSR's singing(or music, for that matter) either. For me, he is just another ARR clone when it comes to singing, he tries to sing really high pitched and the output is pathetic, unless you are just listening just for the beats in the son. I can list a number of songs which both have ruined.

But in any case, ARR has made great songs with other singers. YSR has made some hummable songs with other singers. It would be a blessing if they would leave the singing to those that really do have the voice for those particular songs. For example, Shankar Mahadevan has rarely faltered in a song, whatever the pitch.

I can understand that there are particular fans of one or another, but by large, the audience is made up of general music lovers who would like to appreciate the product they buy.

rsubras
9th April 2006, 11:19 PM
jaiganes, no use telling those things to judge..he is one kindaa man who never had the courage to reply direct queries at him but wud rather enjoy talking sarcastically about A.R.Rahman or calling him names....... leave him that way.. :) i have often asked him direct question, which he coolly chose to ignore and instead change track..

btw u made a very nice point...

muzammil84
10th April 2006, 04:19 AM
This Guy Must be ban MR. Judge
Hey guys ARR is Big Icon for india, IF anyone insult him then we see it without taking any action, it's nothing to say we are arr fans. so guys this Aamai must be banned.

So TFM Admin, i kindly request u ban him, because of Insult Mozert of Asia A.R.Rahman :)

MrJudge
10th April 2006, 09:37 AM
MrJudge!!!
Your comments are so below the belt that they rob the merit of whatever little sense you try to make. ARR is a master in his own right, very much the same way IR is. YSR is young star on rise and comparisons are always odious. They are even more absurd in the field of art. Just think how naive on would sound if they started comparing Thiruvalluvar with bharathiyar and Ilango adigal or Keats! Thiruvalluvar's style was expressing a profound truth with brevity bordering non-expression, while someone like Kambar was overflowing with ideas and allegories. In much the same way musicians also cannot be compared which is what IR said in his "How To Name It?" with a piece called "Dont compare".
Now I appeal to you to refrain from calling ARR as TB or by any other name. This is not to regain any honour for ARR, but for you to be seen as some one with a good point for discussion. Otherwise your posts will end up as a few more MBs in the e-garbage that is around many forums these days. Of course you are free to disregard this simple piece of advice and take your wonderful potshots at me too.

Thanks for your useful piece of advice. I think you got me wrong here. I have not compared the mds (atleast in this thread), my reply was just about retired mds. So I guess your posting is not aimed at me except calling him TB piece.

MrJudge
10th April 2006, 09:38 AM
jaiganes, no use telling those things to judge..he is one kindaa man who never had the courage to reply direct queries at him but wud rather enjoy talking sarcastically about A.R.Rahman or calling him names....... leave him that way.. :) i have often asked him direct question, which he coolly chose to ignore and instead change track..

btw u made a very nice point...

And your direct questions are?

MrJudge
10th April 2006, 09:42 AM
Hey guys ARR is Big Icon for india, IF anyone insult him then we see it without taking any action, it's nothing to say we are arr fans. so guys this Aamai must be banned.

So TFM Admin, i kindly request u ban him, because of Insult Mozert of Asia A.R.Rahman :)

"because of Insult Mozert of Asia"

Why do you insult Mozart, man? That term was used by ALW just to sell his broadway tickets and a simple marketing strategy. Why you too are falling for that?

Kadavul
10th April 2006, 09:47 AM

ok ban all others. you live here. is it?

muzammil84
10th April 2006, 09:49 PM
Hey The Mozert of Asia give not by us, or not indian, it give by Webber and Chinis People, ya ofcourse, ARR better then Mozert :)

Hello Admin, we just ask u that this word must be ban here TB.
otherwish don't ban anyone :)

MADDY
10th April 2006, 10:07 PM
muzammil, i have posted 2-3 PMs and many msgs to admins requesting them to have a word with judge..they never seem to have done it.........best thing to do is for every derogatory post abt ARR we shuld post in YSR section.........i guess that is how we can admin's attention.....

rsubras
10th April 2006, 11:34 PM
sari judge itho pidichiko(-nga in case you are an elder), direct questions

(1) What makes you hate A.R.Rahman and why do u spit venom on him.. no no it definitely not bcoz ur IR fan...coz IR fans are actually sensible ppl... It is not your love for Yuvan too...coz it actually seem to me like a betrayed party activist working for the opposition party

(2) Why are u happy about A.R.Rahman's films' failure... There seems to be some personal vendetta against him.. You have talked so much so that you are Mr.Grudge than Mr.Judge

(3) Your main intention seems to be bringing down ARR at the slightest opportunity than bringing Yuvan or some other MD up., coz even while praising Yuvan's best work you only seem to be interested in taking a dig at ARR's fame

(4) I learnt somewhere (from one of your statement) that you got hurt by ARR fans mocking at you some years back and you are retaliating now.. Is this the true reason for all the points above?

Ithai answer panreengala Sir..konjam directah paneenganna nalla irukum instead of dragging it / dodging it

MrJudge
11th April 2006, 10:30 AM

Ithai answer panreengala Sir..konjam directah paneenganna nalla irukum instead of dragging it / dodging it

itukkellam poi 4 questions kettu web space-a waste panreengale. naan kooda ennomo music quiz ketka poreengannu paaththa........

slperson1
11th April 2006, 10:56 AM

itukkellam poi 4 questions kettu web space-a waste panreengale. naan kooda ennomo music quiz ketka poreengannu paaththa........

Wayta make urself look like a fool Senor Judge. :lol:

Kadavul
11th April 2006, 11:09 AM
-deleted-

RR
11th April 2006, 04:32 PM
Locking this topic, as nothing on the original topic seems to be discussed. If you want me to unlock, pm me with a valid reason..