PDA

View Full Version : LIFE BEFORE MARRIAGE Vs LIFE AFTER MARRIAGE

selvakumar
7th April 2006, 07:11 PM
Well..

Since many people are feeling that this thread is biased towards males alone.

I have re-created this thread under a different name. :D

selvakumar
7th April 2006, 07:19 PM
:huh:

great
7th April 2006, 07:54 PM
vanthuteeeeeeeeeeeeeean 8-)

selvakumar
7th April 2006, 07:59 PM
Vaa Great machi !! :D

----------

IMHO, In Bachelor life we can enjoy a lot without any tension.

We don't have to care abt

- children
- wife
- pension plan
- buying a house

simply

"Bachelor Life - A care-free life in which we never keep anything with us"

We share a lot of things and we never restrict ourselves to myself and myfamily kind of attitude.

Raikkonen
7th April 2006, 08:24 PM
Bachelors life oru naal aluturum..
Marriage life is adventourous

Lambretta
7th April 2006, 08:27 PM
Aha! NTR garu, meeru mathrum correct maata annaru!! :clap: :thumbsup: :D

Raikkonen
7th April 2006, 08:41 PM
Marriage aana avlo advantages..

Nalla cook pannalam... etc

Raikkonen
7th April 2006, 08:48 PM
All men are different. All husbands are the same

ssanjinika
7th April 2006, 09:06 PM
Selva, eppadi Bachelor life vs Married life-nnu topic start panningana how can you expect us girls to contibute :lol: :P

Lambretta
7th April 2006, 09:08 PM
Good point SS!
Enna Selva, the topic seems to be biased towards males dont u think? :P :lol:

Lambretta
7th April 2006, 09:10 PM
Marriage aana avlo advantages..

Nalla cook pannalam... etc
Abbah! Intha oru point thaana?? :roll:
Ithu naale thaan pomblenguh nammale intha vishayathile underestimate pannaranguh!

All men are different. All husbands are the same
NTR garu, ithu + pointaa, - pointaa?? :lol:

Alan
7th April 2006, 09:12 PM
:lol: Yeah, the apt topic for someone who's countng his days to get married & can seldom concentrate on anything but his childhood sweetheart :D

Man, don't let the romantic in me die so young- we'll think about it after a couple of years! :D

Lambretta
7th April 2006, 09:19 PM
:lol: Yeah, the apt topic for someone who's countng his days to get married & can seldom concentrate on anything but his childhood sweetheart :D
Well Paaji, on the bright side, atleast u dont hav to concentrate on her once u hav her rite in front of u all the time! :D
On the downside, tat does, in many a marriage nowadays, also tend to lead to a time wen one can concentrate on nething but their spouse! :(

pavalamani pragasam
7th April 2006, 09:20 PM
Cook panrathu yaaru???

Lambretta
7th April 2006, 09:21 PM
Cook panrathu yaaru???
Aah......now TATs an important point for u to think abt, NTR garu! :wink: :lol:
U may hav sumthin to say abt this since u'd mentioned abt cooking! :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2006, 09:34 PM
selva,

muthalla nalla irukkum.

apram nammakkunnu oruthar care panna illaiyEnnu 45 years kku mela thonum :)

pavalamani pragasam
7th April 2006, 09:36 PM
When it is too late!!!

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2006, 09:42 PM
yup pp maam.

But u know what, one of my distant relative used to argue...

"I CAN FIND someone at 45 for just emotional support".

But the fact is, IT JUST DOES NOT COME AS A PACKAGE.

It has to develop......... thro thorns and roses. :)

Its interesting to know, that she is MARRIED AND HAPPY indeed too :)

goodsense
8th April 2006, 04:28 AM
One old man was trying to find me a partner last year. Then he said to me one day, what is marriage pointing to his wife? He said all life he struggled to look after some 40 people on top of his head including his wife. His son also said to me that he wished he were in my place - single.

No doubt there are pros and cons to being a bachelor/spinster. At times you are happy being single and at other times, wish you were with a spouse; your ideal partner. This is life. I guess as you get older you wish you were married. But over the years you do develop friendship good enough to be companion, I mean someone to converse with and share your social life. Not our customs, but seem to be the trend of the time.

A few month ago I visited one woman in hospital. She is about 60 years old. She was surprised I am still single, seeing me after 13/14 years. She said she knows many good single people (including her daughter and some single males) who are not getting married, it must be the sign of the time :(

Selva, is right, being single you spend lots of your time doing "charity". You don't have much personal freedom as people from the outside assume :wink: Now i have learnt to ignore phone calls from people seeking some kind of help, taking up almost all the time you have left for yourself. You want to help out but not like this. Then the family makes their own demands, claiming you are single and the older rest, busy with family life. Tough :(

great
8th April 2006, 10:13 AM
Gs good one :)

great
8th April 2006, 11:38 AM
Bachelor life rocks :D you dont need to marry girl/boy just for companionship, just friends are enough to keep life going.........

Marraige life on the other hand might be sweet commitment or burden for few :P

Raikkonen
8th April 2006, 12:02 PM
Ippa kalam mari pochu....
Theres no weaker sex after marriage nowadays...

selvakumar
8th April 2006, 04:07 PM
Selva, eppadi Bachelor life vs Married life-nnu topic start panningana how can you expect us girls to contibute :lol: :P

Oops.. I want the views from all the sides. How they perceive it and all?

BTW, SS, Don't u think some threads like LUNGI are not biased towards males alone?

Don't tell me that you have not posted anything there :lol: (just kidding) :wink:

Raikkonen
8th April 2006, 08:20 PM
Lamby..
Yar venumnalum cook pannalam..
But the main thing is.. Sappadanum...

pavalamani pragasam
8th April 2006, 08:52 PM
athe! athe!

game
9th April 2006, 03:51 AM
There's a small difference between after and before marriage. Before marriage, I bought roses for my partner; after marriage, I'm buying bumbus for my kids.

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 10:59 AM
There's a small difference between after and before marriage. Before marriage, I bought roses for my partner; after marriage, I'm buying bumbus for my kids.
Hmm.....I guess this one difference cud be minimised if b4 marriage u buy roses for ur partner, after marriage u buy mallipoo morum for ur life-partner (if she wears them of course! :P).......so the common factor here being flowers & for the same person! :D
Wat r bumbus btw? :?
Oh, and super avtaar u've got! :D

selvakumar
9th April 2006, 04:51 PM
Lamby..
Yar venumnalum cook pannalam..
But the main thing is.. Sappadanum...

Then what about people eating the dishes in Marriage halls made by men?

crazy
9th April 2006, 05:04 PM
:roll: :cry: :( :huh: :|

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 06:30 PM

Gotcha! You must be a married female :D

swathy
9th April 2006, 08:27 PM
Before marriage is good

no tension
no responsibilities
no restriction
lot of chellam from parents

we can postpone but can't escape from it.

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 08:35 PM
Before marriage is good

no tension
no responsibilities
no restriction

Why you dont have tensions,responsibilities,restrictions now?? :roll:
Or do you think you wont get 'Lots of Chellam' from your parents after your marriage?? :?

swathy
9th April 2006, 08:51 PM
Before marriage is good

no tension
no responsibilities
no restriction

Why you dont have tensions,responsibilities,restrictions now?? :roll:
Or do you think you wont get 'Lots of Chellam' from your parents after your marriage?? :?

yah i dont have any tension, responsibilities now. I get whatever I want.

chellam a4 marriage sure I'll get but once in a while when I visit my mom's place :-)

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 08:53 PM
-> So you dont have any tension at office?
-> No responsilities in your work

.... How come then you are actually 'Working'!!!

great
9th April 2006, 08:54 PM
chellam a4 marriage sure I'll get but once in a while when I visit my mom's place :-)

I dont feel kids would be getting "chellam" only when you visit their places :roll: :roll:

swathy
9th April 2006, 08:57 PM

that is professional. im speaking abt personal
:-)

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 08:58 PM

But i didn find the word 'Personal' in any of your previous posts :roll:

swathy
9th April 2006, 08:58 PM

I dont feel kids would be getting "chellam" only when you visit their places :roll: :roll:

:roll: i didnt mean that i wont get it when im far from them but i can enjoy only when im with them.

swathy
9th April 2006, 08:59 PM

those things to be understood. ppl who have something on head can understand :D

great
9th April 2006, 09:02 PM

:roll: i didnt mean that i wont get it when im far from them but i can enjoy only when im with them.

:mrgreen: chumma poluthu pogala athan :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 09:03 PM

So you need special qualification to understand your post!! I strongly belive that a 'Karagatakaran' can understand your post a lot better than me :roll:

swathy
9th April 2006, 09:05 PM

:mrgreen: chumma poluthu pogala athan :lol:

adhu onnum illai sridhar ioorla irukeengala konjam kaathu adichiduchu pole :wink:

swathy
9th April 2006, 09:06 PM

So you need special qualification to understand your post!! I strongly belive that a 'Karagatakaran' can understand your post a lot better than me :roll:

othukitta seri than :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 09:07 PM
Swathy ungala naan kevalapaduthureyen!!Adhukku edhukku sirikireenga :o

swathy
9th April 2006, 09:09 PM
karagatakaranukku thlaiala irukku ungalukku illainnu soldreengale sirikka thane seiyanum

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 09:11 PM
karagatakaranukku thlaiala irukku ungalukku illainnu soldreengale sirikka thane seiyanum

Ungaltta naan idhukku mela enn yedhir paaka mudiyum?? :?

Neenga eppadi Karagattakaaran pola eppvumey thalayula vachukittey irrupeengalo :shock:

swathy
9th April 2006, 09:15 PM

Ungaltta naan idhukku mela enn yedhir paaka mudiyum?? :?

Neenga eppadi Karagattakaaran pola eppvumey thalayula vachukittey irrupeengalo :shock:

nee yedhukku ippo karagattakarani ilutheynnu ippo than puriyudhu hihi .

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 09:17 PM
Oh neenga tube-light veraya kashtam :banghead:

Fire111999
9th April 2006, 09:21 PM

don't understand! is that telugu?

Fire111999
9th April 2006, 09:28 PM
Oh neenga tube-light veraya kashtam :banghead:

relax. avarukku puriyalenaalum muthavangalukku puriyum.

Fire111999
9th April 2006, 09:31 PM
Hmm.....I guess this one difference cud be minimised if b4 marriage u buy roses for ur partner, after marriage u buy mallipoo morum for ur life-partner (if she wears them of course! :P).......so the common factor here being flowers & for the same person! :D
Wat r bumbus btw? :?
Oh, and super avtaar u've got! :D

nice one.

and after some time, even if you don't give any flowers, she'll know that it's not due to lack of love but cos there are things more important that reflect your love for her.

ssanjinika
9th April 2006, 11:04 PM

Oops.. I want the views from all the sides. How they perceive it and all?

BTW, SS, Don't u think some threads like LUNGI are not biased towards males alone?

Don't tell me that you have not posted anything there :lol: (just kidding) :wink:
True selva :lol:
but then women dont generally wear a lungi or veshti whereas a marriage does involve both the sexes rite :wink: anyways now that uve changed the heading,heres my view..
I somehow never contemplated staying alone..I really think its human nature to look for that one special person with whom you have the closest possible relationship.It is a high to come home knowing that there is someone waiting for u,someone who accepts you the way you are ,someone whose life you complete.Dont know if there is any other greater high than that.If there is ,then its gotto be the feeling of holding a person who you created.A person whose life you will influence to such a great extent.When you first hold your child in your arms,I am sure that feeling is unexplainable.Doesnt marriage now sound like the way to go :wink:

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 11:13 PM
Yea its telugu....it means: neenga matrum correcta sonnenguh. :)

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 11:14 PM
nice one.

and after some time, even if you don't give any flowers, she'll know that it's not due to lack of love but cos there are things more important that reflect your love for her.
Nice one too! :D

Fire111999
9th April 2006, 11:43 PM
Yea its telugu....it means: neenga matrum correcta sonnenguh. :)

r u telugu also?

anyway, abt the topic, i feel that marriage would provide one with the sort of unique companionship that friends will never be able to provide. also, you can have lots of friends and they would also have other friends, but with marriage, it'll be just one person for each other.

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 11:55 PM
*DIGR

r u telugu also?
No, I'm jus an Andhra-born Tamil.....can only speak Tamil (& Telugu)....:)

/DIGR

crazy
10th April 2006, 12:13 AM

Gotcha! You must be a married female :D

so pitty! iam not married! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

selvakumar
10th April 2006, 08:11 PM
Selva, is right, being single you spend lots of your time doing "charity". You don't have much personal freedom as people from the outside assume :wink: Now i have learnt to ignore phone calls from people seeking some kind of help, taking up almost all the time you have left for yourself. You want to help out but not like this. Then the family makes their own demands, claiming you are single and the older rest, busy with family life. Tough :(

Exactly Goodsense.

Apart from that, we can free ourselves from the emotional barriers and concentrate on the broader spectrum.

If I am a bachelor, I can help others in a much more better way than as a married person. The reason is many people (almost 99%) restrict themselves to the idea of thinking about the welfare of the family rather than the society. If their son / daughter have lost something based on law and customes, they will blame it on the society. But a bachelor will understand the reality and will pinpoint the reality of the issues.

Good One, Goodsense. :clap:

Raikkonen
10th April 2006, 08:30 PM
Married life is cool...
U have someone to love you, someone who will share everything with you...

crazy
10th April 2006, 08:36 PM
Married life is cool...
U have someone to love you, someone who will share everything with you...
eh? do u really need to be married to love or to share everything/something?????????? :roll:

Raikkonen
10th April 2006, 08:38 PM
Ya..
Athu oru epdi solratu..
Feelingsu....

crazy
10th April 2006, 09:12 PM
Ya..
Athu oru epdi solratu..
Feelingsu....

feelings?!
get marry to share feelings?! :roll:

Raikkonen
10th April 2006, 09:13 PM
Apidyum sollalam...

crazy
10th April 2006, 09:19 PM
mhm feelings & marriage. hope u find them both! :)

Raikkonen
10th April 2006, 09:22 PM
I wanted to say that..
Before Marriage you only take care of yourself, selfishly..
After marriage,u become more of a matured figure...

Fire111999
10th April 2006, 10:35 PM
Exactly Goodsense.

Apart from that, we can free ourselves from the emotional barriers and concentrate on the broader spectrum.

If I am a bachelor, I can help others in a much more better way than as a married person. The reason is many people (almost 99%) restrict themselves to the idea of thinking about the welfare of the family rather than the society. If their son / daughter have lost something based on law and customes, they will blame it on the society. But a bachelor will understand the reality and will pinpoint the reality of the issues.

Good One, Goodsense. :clap:

ok, being a bachelor, you might have more time to spend to help others and you might be able to give a better, fairer point of view. but do u realise what you are losing if you don't get married? i'm not saying that it is wrong to give up sth for society. but you have to understand that you will be giving up sth, the companionship that only your spouse can give you. it's not for no reason that your spouse is also known as your other half!

Sandeep
11th April 2006, 07:07 AM
I dont know for sure, but married men seem always mentally troubled. Dont know if companionship is worth it?

goodsense
11th April 2006, 08:00 AM
Fire,

You are now forcing me to disclose something I was reluctant to do and people may have been having all kinds of opinions. OK, go to my thread "why women stay alone..." in this very section.

swathy
11th April 2006, 09:42 AM
For some people marriage is a blessing and for some unfortunately its a pain.

I have seen many of my close friends and relatives suffering a lot in marriage but only one got divorce. :cry:

goodsense
11th April 2006, 10:09 AM
Guys, just rememeber after being so carried away, that poor Alan is getting married in a few days. We should hold it. Wonder what he is thinking reading through all this?

pavalamani pragasam
11th April 2006, 11:58 AM
alaiya paaththu bayanthaa kulikka mudiyathu!

selvakumar
11th April 2006, 01:14 PM
Guys, just rememeber after being so carried away, that poor Alan is getting married in a few days. We should hold it. Wonder what he is thinking reading through all this?

mm.. Ya.. We must hold the hold the discussion for a few days. :D

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 01:15 PM
I dont know for sure, but married men seem always mentally troubled. Dont know if companionship is worth it?

ask any married man. i'm sure they would say it's worth it and more!

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 01:17 PM
Fire,

You are now forcing me to disclose something I was reluctant to do and people may have been having all kinds of opinions. OK, go to my thread "why women stay alone..." in this very section.

i shall read that and come back later.

great
11th April 2006, 01:26 PM

how sure are you that they would say its worth it :roll:

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 01:38 PM

don't know. as far as my experience goes, it's been true. r u married?

crazy
11th April 2006, 01:40 PM

as long as their wives doesn't know, the answer might be "it's not worth"?! :roll: :) :( :o

great
11th April 2006, 01:41 PM

As far as ur experience :shock: :shock: are u married :?:

I am not married thats why i am happy :wink:

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 01:47 PM

sorry, by my experience i meant pple i know. i'm not married. i'm only a 19 yr old girl! but i know i want to get married in the future.

how old are u? you don't have to ans if u don't want to. if u're still a youngster, that explains things. when u get older you might realise marriage can give you a whole deal more happiness!

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 01:48 PM

as long as their wives doesn't know, the answer might be "it's not worth"?! :roll: :) :( :o

how sure are u of that? they might joke like that when their wifes are around. but they couldn't possibly mean it!

great
11th April 2006, 01:49 PM
Check out my reply in why women stay single .......... thread

crazy
11th April 2006, 02:09 PM

sorry, by my experience i meant pple i know. i'm not married. i'm only a 19 yr old girl! but i know i want to get married in the future.

how old are u? you don't have to ans if u don't want to. if u're still a youngster, that explains things. when u get older you might realise marriage can give you a whole deal more happiness!

fire iam 19 yrs old girl too, but soon 20, when is ur birthday, if thats ok telling!

crazy
11th April 2006, 02:11 PM

how sure are u of that? they might joke like that when their wifes are around. but they couldn't possibly mean it!

who knows they might mean it ironic?!

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 02:21 PM

fire iam 19 yrs old girl too, but soon 20, when is ur birthday, if thats ok telling!

i was asking great actually. but i'll be 20 this year too. 19th september. what abt urs?

crazy
11th April 2006, 06:21 PM

i was asking great actually. but i'll be 20 this year too. 19th september. what abt urs?

mine is 8th july.

Sinthiya
11th April 2006, 08:39 PM
i meant to post in this thread....:)
i heard this joke from my co-worker....:lol:

before marriage, a man holds his lady's hand because of love....
after marriage, he holds her hand because of self-defense....

:lol:.... :) ....

goodsense
11th April 2006, 08:43 PM
If you are too young, then arrange marriage might be better since your parents can see what you can't. If it's love mariage, take time to know who you are and what you want. The truth is, when you are young you don't really know who you are and what really you want. You come to know these things when you are matured and it is not necessary that you will find what you want then. What you are looking for changes when you are young compared to when you are matured.

goodsense
11th April 2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry, this post was meant for the love marriage vs arrange marriage thread.