PDA

View Full Version : Ethics ethical values and WOMEN

Shakthiprabha.
8th April 2006, 01:55 PM
Increasingly with equality spoken aloud between the sexes, its but sad to notice that MORALS which one particular sex were let loose upon, is what liberated other sex is talkin all about.

Equality is in everyother way INCLUDING, unbinding morals.

Is this a right thing?

When one sex want equality, or liberation (I think they have achieved enough liberation in many walks of life in almost all sections of society) they also want UNQUESTIONED life style.

It is similar to saying "WHEN HE CAN WEAR A DIRTY DRESS, WHY CANT I WEAR DIRTY DRESS TOO"

All said n done, a woman smoking cigars, taking alcohol etc is becoming kinda common in cosmo society. (atleast taking drinks)
Loyalty to partner is also at stake, with both arguing, if he can be let loose why cant I?

What is ur opinion.

pavalamani pragasam
8th April 2006, 02:53 PM
Fit for condemnation in loudest, clearest terms! The trend just seems to sound the death knell of the human race!

Fire111999
9th April 2006, 01:54 AM
Increasingly with equality spoken aloud between the sexes, its but sad to notice that MORALS which one particular sex were let loose upon, is what liberated other sex is talkin all about.

Equality is in everyother way INCLUDING, unbinding morals.

Is this a right thing?

When one sex want equality, or liberation (I think they have achieved enough liberation in many walks of life in almost all sections of society) they also want UNQUESTIONED life style.

It is similar to saying "WHEN HE CAN WEAR A DIRTY DRESS, WHY CANT I WEAR DIRTY DRESS TOO"

All said n done, a woman smoking cigars, taking alcohol etc is becoming kinda common in cosmo society. (atleast taking drinks)
Loyalty to partner is also at stake, with both arguing, if he can be let loose why cant I?

What is ur opinion.

unquestioned life style, no way. of course you have to have morals. but i guess, it might partly be a protest against the fact that some people consider that it is worse for girls to smoke, drink etc than it is for guys to do the same stuff.

Kadavul
9th April 2006, 04:09 AM
unquestioned life style, no way. of course you have to have morals. but i guess, it might partly be a protest against the fact that some people consider that it is worse for girls to smoke, drink etc than it is for guys to do the same stuff.

It's now scientifically proven, smoking and drinking are deleterious to both gender. :rotfl:

Anoushka
10th April 2006, 05:47 PM
Shakthi: Sorry to point out, you have mentioned in your poll "letting her char loose like a man?" - is that not putting all men in a box or saying men generally are of loose character? - If you don't mind can you please remove the "like a man" bit... :)

Fire111999
10th April 2006, 05:52 PM

It's now scientifically proven, smoking and drinking are deleterious to both gender. :rotfl:

morally, i meant! and anyway, i said that some pple think that. not me. i feel that it's equally bad for both sexes.

Lambretta
10th April 2006, 06:08 PM
Shakthi: Sorry to point out, you have mentioned in your poll "letting her char loose like a man?" - is that not putting all men in a box or saying men generally are of loose character? - If you don't mind can you please remove the "like a man" bit... :)
Tks for being empathetic w/ us, Anoushka! :lol: :D

Shakthiprabha.
10th April 2006, 06:10 PM
Anou,

sorry its a mistake :(

how to do I EDIT the poll?

It seem possible only to edit my messege :?

Anoushka
10th April 2006, 06:18 PM
Sorry Shakthi.. I don't know how to edit the poll, you might have to ask the mods how to do it, or get one of the mods to do it for you! :)

Lamby :)

P_R
10th April 2006, 07:02 PM
I have been called 'loosu' and 'character' separately, does that count ?

Lambretta
10th April 2006, 07:25 PM
Antha 'loosu' (Tamil) ku, 'character' ku verai artham irku! :P

Fire111999
10th April 2006, 10:44 PM

do u want it to? :D

Badri
11th April 2006, 06:53 AM
SP: I have edited the poll question. Men have now been spared! :)

Sandeep
11th April 2006, 07:02 AM
Men have now been spared! :)

Badri the old one was better :( . It gave men the license to be "loose charactered" but at the same time questioned women from being so. :wink:

P_R
11th April 2006, 09:35 AM
I have been called 'loosu' and 'character' separately, does that count ?do u want it to? :D Just checking how offended I am supposed to be :-)

Ina mAnam kAttha thOzhar Badri vAzhga !

swathy
11th April 2006, 09:40 AM
In my office daily I see some girls smoking in the smoking zone. :lol:

hope u include women dressing in char loose.

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2006, 11:30 AM
thx badri :oops: :oops:

sorry all. That was unintentional and hasty.

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2006, 11:31 AM
I have been called 'loosu' and 'character' separately, does that count ?do u want it to? :D Just checking how offended I am supposed to be :-)

:oops: sorry PR.

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2006, 11:33 AM
In my office daily I see some girls smoking in the smoking zone. :lol:

hope u include women dressing in char loose.

Ofcouirse we see them.

What is there to laugh swathy? Its sad they are degrading their health in the name of modernsim :?

Dress code is individual taste, and DEF THAT DOES NOT SIGNIFY anything regarding their character.

I have a friend who wears tight t.shirt and shorts but is THE MOST STRONG WILLED with very high INDIAN ETHICS imbibed in her.

I also have seen women clad in saree, who just jump at any chance.

sorry....... dress does not reveal char.

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2006, 11:39 AM
Seriously I ask this question......

Rather reframe it again.

Most of us have voted either 1 or 3.

Tell me frankly folks (like how fire pointed out)

WHEN WE SEE women smoke or drink, the look we give them is DIFFERENT.

Its nothing to do with 'OH SHE IS SPOILING HER HEALTH'

Our stare says "oh my god......... indian values!!"

but if we see a man SMOKING dark rings RIGHT AGAINST OUR FACE WE POLITELY GET UP AND GO.

So, the quetsion is..........

Where lies INDIAN VALUES ?
What is indian values?

Badri
11th April 2006, 11:44 AM

Well, when women like SP are out baying for our blood, :wink: guess we men just have to band together and go on with life!!!

:lol:

pavalamani pragasam
11th April 2006, 11:49 AM
:rotfl: badri, that's the spirit! :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2006, 11:49 AM

Well, when women like SP are out baying for our blood, :wink: guess we men just have to band together and go on with life!!!

:mad: :evil: :twisted:

Sorry I tried, but could not find worse icons :P

Badri
11th April 2006, 11:54 AM
You didnt have to find any worse icons, SP, than the original poll question!

:wink: :wink:

Heheh! Jus' kiddin'

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2006, 12:01 PM
:D :oops:

Lambretta
11th April 2006, 12:08 PM
Dress code is individual taste, and DEF THAT DOES NOT SIGNIFY anything regarding their character.

I have a friend who wears tight t.shirt and shorts but is THE MOST STRONG WILLED with very high INDIAN ETHICS imbibed in her.

SP, of course its not true tat all women in Sarees r Sitas, Savitris....nor is it true tat all western outfits r indecent......
But still, personally, I think it awkward & see no reason y tight or short outfits wud look welcoming....
And no, its not as if only women r always targeted in this case- ther r many women who hav revulsion even if men wear the shirt w/ the first 1-2 buttons open (was common in the '70s/80s!) or walk around in a towel around their waist (at home).....as I said, my father declined me wearing shorts saying tat it was considered rude in front of ladiess & wud make them feel uncomfy.....altho I personally havnt known how true tat is.....

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 12:43 PM

Badri the old one was better :( . It gave men the license to be "loose charactered" but at the same time questioned women from being so. :wink:

i hope u don't really mean that!

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 12:49 PM

i think while the dress might not be a total representation of character (though it is as well, and not necessarily in a bad way), perhaps the way in which it is worn would reflect the person's character.

taking a saree for example (i am using a saree here cos it is the easiest example n cos i feel more pple will agree with me), it can be worn both in an obscene way and in a beautiful way!

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 01:04 PM

SP, of course its not true tat all women in Sarees r Sitas, Savitris....nor is it true tat all western outfits r indecent......
But still, personally, I think it awkward & see no reason y tight or short outfits wud look welcoming....
And no, its not as if only women r always targeted in this case- ther r many women who hav revulsion even if men wear the shirt w/ the first 1-2 buttons open (was common in the '70s/80s!) or walk around in a towel around their waist (at home).....as I said, my father declined me wearing shorts saying tat it was considered rude in front of ladiess & wud make them feel uncomfy.....altho I personally havnt known how true tat is.....

totally agree with you there, anna!

regarding tight or short outfits, i think it depends on the person wearing it, cos i've always felt that thinner girls look pretty in tight or short outfits and i feel that girls who are slightly plump, like myself, moderately tight or moderately short outfits are fine as long as it's not indecent.

actually now that i think abt it, perhaps tight or short outfits are not too appropriate in india

yup, though i won't say revulsion, i usually feel a bit uncomfortable if guys leave 2 or more buttons undone.

i think guys shouldn't wear short shorts in front of ladies, but i am ok with knee-length or just over the knees trousers (i guess cos i'm used to that, ladies in india might not be used to that as well)

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2006, 02:32 PM
So. There it is. Thats what I wanted to say.

DRESS by itself DONT REVEAL a person's char.

a SHORTS OR T.SHIRT is perfect if worn BY APPROPRIATE person in appropriate way.

SO dont condemn dresses or dressing. Condemn the way IN WHICH ITS WORN or.........carefree attitude towards their personal structure or physique which may or may not suit a particular dress.

Sandeep
11th April 2006, 02:35 PM

I voted for the first option. Which is

No its bad. I condemn it no matter whether its man or woman

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 02:36 PM

I voted for the first option.

cool! :D me too!

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 05:33 PM
regarding tight or short outfits, i think it depends on the person wearing it, cos i've always felt that thinner girls look pretty in tight or short outfits and i feel that girls who are slightly plump, like myself, moderately tight or moderately short outfits are fine as long as it's not indecent.

actually now that i think abt it, perhaps tight or short outfits are not too appropriate in india

ok. i wanted to elaborate on this by giving examples:

thin girls look cute in tight or short outfits: e.g. trisha

when it is not fine to wear tight or short outfits: in kaka kaka, the girl who is being harassed by some boy and his gang in her neighbourhood. her shirt's too tight and her skirt is a bit too short, esp since she is a bit plump. and i didn't feel this only at this scene. i felt the same for all the girls in the jyothika intro song when they are wearing school uniform. they were too "developed", if you know what i mean, to be wearing such tight shirts.

during my 11th and 12th standard, my school uniform was a shirt and a skirt. and though i wore my skirt a bit shorter than was officially allowed at school such that it was just above my knees, it was nowhere near as short as that girl's. and my shirt was extremely loose.

goodsense
12th April 2006, 08:10 AM
It's not un-ethical to have a few and far in-between occasional drink with friends or in a social setting.

Drinking alone is un-ethical and is more of a bad habit. I had a bottle of "The Crown Royal" with two nice crystal glasses for Christmas in 2005 from a criminal lawyer I did some work for last year. I am still having it as a souvenir. Don't know when I will drink it socially :lol: :D

P_R
12th April 2006, 12:54 PM
Drinking alone is un-ethical and is more of a bad habit. :? I can see the bad habit part, but un-ethical ??

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 01:33 PM
It's not un-ethical to have a few and far in-between occasional drink with friends or in a social setting.

Drinking alone is un-ethical and is more of a bad habit. I had a bottle of "The Crown Royal" with two nice crystal glasses for Christmas in 2005 from a criminal lawyer I did some work for last year. I am still having it as a souvenir. Don't know when I will drink it socially :lol: :D

i can see where you're coming from with that. but for myself, i wouldn't drink even at social events. the only thing i find alright is food stuff that have alcohol in them, like chicken cooked in wine, tiramisu, chocolate truffles, etc.

goodsense
12th April 2006, 01:54 PM
People who drink alone tend to be addicts, they have no control and I am sure it does affect their health.

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 03:48 PM
People who drink alone tend to be addicts, they have no control and I am sure it does affect their health.
I hope ppl. dont take wat I'm saying in the wrong sense!
Men who get drunk r capable of creating nuisance etc., esp. to women in their presence....but atleast they can be avoided in such a scenario.....
But if a girl/woman gets drunk, the situation cud be worse esp. if shez in the presence of a man as wen shez not in her proper senses & not conscious abt her behaviour, he can always be tempted to take advantage of her on the spot!
Atleast women in this regard, generally wudnt go to the extent of taking such chances w/ drunk men.....rather they'd like to stay as far away as possible...!
Nevertheless, IMO drinking is best avoided by neone, men or women!

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 03:52 PM
I hope ppl. dont take wat I'm saying in the wrong sense!
Men who get drunk r capable of creating nuisance etc., esp. to women in their presence....but atleast they can be avoided in such a scenario.....
But if a girl/woman gets drunk, the situation cud be worse esp. if shez in the presence of a man as wen shez not in her proper senses & not conscious abt her behaviour, he can always be tempted to take advantage of her on the spot!
Atleast women in this regard, generally wudnt go to the extent of taking such chances w/ drunk men.....rather they'd like to stay as far away as possible...!
Nevertheless, IMO drinking is best avoided by neone, men or women!

true, but in the first place, it's not right for the guy to get drunk, right?

and yeah, i've felt that as an added disadvantage for women getting drunk too.

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 03:58 PM
true, but in the first place, it's not right for the guy to get drunk, right?
Right. Very much agree. I see so many hard-working men like labourers etc. who squander their earnings & health by getting drunk at night thinking they'd get 'relaxation'.....!
Drinking also makes them unsteady later, w/ hangovers etc.....

Only y'day I was taking my car to the mech. & at one point ther was this half-asleep drunk guy walking along almost in the middle of the road....I kept sounding the horn but he was so dazed he cud hardly hear me.....almost hit him & had to stamp on the brakes!

and yeah, i've felt that as an added disadvantage for women getting drunk too.
Yup, now this is exactly wat I meant! :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 04:15 PM
lambretta,

try to differenciate between DRINKING and GETTING DRUNK.

Most women I feel are sensible enough if they drink occasionally as to how much she drinks and amidst whose company.

I would still say

if a woman wanna drink, its safe for a woman to drink (i mean occasionally) with her spouse or with very well known friends PREFERABLY AT HOUSE AND NEVER AT HOTELS.

Occasional drinks are not health hazArds ofcourse.

By occasional I mean, once or twice in six month or year or so..if situation arises or calls for.

aGAIN, 'Gettign drunk' IS STUPID whether its a man or woman.

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 04:21 PM
lambretta,

try to differenciate between DRINKING and GETTING DRUNK.

Most women I feel are sensible enough if they drink occasionally as to how much she drinks and amidst whose company.

I would still say

if a woman wanna drink, its safe for a woman to drink (i mean occasionally) with her spouse or with very well known friends PREFERABLY AT HOUSE AND NEVER AT HOTELS.

Occasional drinks are not health hazzrds ofcourse.

By occasional I mean, once or twice a in six month or year or so..if situation arises or calls for.

aGAIN, 'Gettign drunk' IS STUPID whether its a man or woman.

yeah, i've heard stories of drinks being spiked in hotels! really dangerous.

but i'm of the opinion that both guys and girls shouldn't drink. but i understand that most pple feel that it's alright to drink in small quantities socially. i can't agree with this. but at least this is better than getting drunk!

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 04:26 PM
SP,
Yes ther r ppl. who drink OCCASIONALLY & not addicted.....

But can everyone, who gets a drink into their hands, remain so?

U hav to hav a steely resolve not to get too much or overindulge, rite?

And diff. ppl. hav diff. level of liking.....sum ppl. whetehr men or women, want to hav too much of a good thing (or wat they think as a good thing!).....howver sensible they might be......so if they know wats good for them, it may be easier for them to stay away from such a temptation rather than jump into it & eventually drown in it....? :huh:

For eg. if I listen to sum song on tape/CD/online tat I like, I feel really exhilerated & feel like playing it again & again! Its like, an obsession!
Who knows how I wud've become if I'd felt like tasting a drink in my life...? :oops: :?

goodsense
12th April 2006, 04:40 PM
Lamby (good I got the hang of this name now), when I say occassional drink, I mean at a wedding, party or some kind of celebration and these celebrations are seldom. For me my limit would be a glass of wine and I may sip that all night (take it in the first place as some kind fo manners) and even leave much in my glass. I know if I go over a glass what will happen, so I avoid it, even when I am faced with pressures to do so. I also keep an eye on my glass throughout the time.

I know some people go overboard at times when they have troubles, likely to be when they are alone.

Now I can't even recall when last I had a drink :wink:

Taking a glass of red wine with certain kinds of meals at dinner time, they say is good for the digestive process.

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 04:55 PM
SP,
Yes ther r ppl. who drink OCCASIONALLY & not addicted.....

But can everyone, who gets a drink into their hands, remain so?

I suppose they can. I dont think drink can really obsess u.
May be u know ..... it depends on each person.

U hav to hav a steely resolve not to get too much or overindulge, rite?

Not ncessarily. just normal resolve would do. But yes, u should have the earnest feeling that u should NOT BE ADDICTED.

& feel like playing it again & again! Its like, an obsession!
Who knows how I wud've become if I'd felt like tasting a drink in my life...? :oops: :?

dunno...... depends on who u are. :)

I appreciate goodsense for having spoken her mind so frankly.
I dont feel any inhibition to say .... that.....

I had tasted drinks (esp wine, vodka) after my marriage in the company of my husband or my close friends. It used to be once a year or twice a year. (for may be 4 to 5 years)

One fine day, some years back, we felt, ITS MORE FOR SOCIAL OBLIGATION we do it, and not out of our will. We decided to say NO. We have said since then said NO. I was never tempted even then.

Another reason being, when I told bout this to my mom, she was not very happy, rather extremely sad and started crying. She could not decipher, that drinking was not regular, its extremely rare, with safe crowd and WITH JUST ONE GLASS U DONT GET DRUNK. She cried so badly and was shaken. I decided if its making my ppl esp my mom sad, I would say NO even for social obligations. Since I had decided on that, my husband also wanted to join me and decided HE WOULD SAY 'NO' too.

I never regretted having tasted drinks. That was diff experience to KNOW what ti is. Now tht its over, NO REGRET that Ive decided to say NO to it.

I am never tempted even now, when I am offered I politely refuse and take fruit juice.

Me and my husband have decided NOT taking drinks even socially anymore.

So, it depends on how much is ur will power. and THE REASON U TASTE DRINKS.

If u drink to forget ur worries there are much chances for u to get addicted. Else, its no big deal.

Therez nothing soooooo great in drinking........ nothing so difficult in leaving it too.

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 04:56 PM
Taking a glass of red wine with certain kinds of meals at dinner time, they say is good for the digestive process.

yup they say that. I had an anglo indian school friend who used to have a regular habit of gulping an ounce of red wine after lunch. Her mom used to send it to school.

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:08 PM

yup they say that. I had an anglo indian school friend who used to have a regular habit of gulping an ounce of red wine after lunch. Her mom used to send it to school.

yeah, true. that's why i'm ok with cooking with wine (though i haven't done any yet, cos i don't cook so much at all) and other foodstuff with alcohol in them, especially since there are lots of dessert items, like tiramisu, chocolate truffles, etc :D . but i still won't drink even for social reasons.

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:09 PM
fire,

is it true that english ppl drink an ounce everyday to keep them healthy?

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:16 PM
fire,

ah..... i don't know actually. my friends don't really drink so much. we had a ball earlier in the year and they didn't even drink then, even for social reasons. but that's my friends. i do know lots of students who get drunk on a daily basis. so i can't generalise!

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:18 PM
excuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its not GETTING DRUNK on daily basis. THATS very very very OFFENDING.

Drinking an ounce is LIKE ONE SPOON after food. I am told its even given for kids, to increawse immunity.

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:20 PM
excuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its not GETTING DRUNK on daily basis. THATS very very very OFFENDING.

Drinking an ounce is LIKE ONE SPOON after food. I am told its even given for kids, to increawse immunity.

no no. sorry. you are misunderstanding me. i don't mean that even drinking in small quantities is getting drunk. i mean they really do get drunk, in the true meaning of the word, on a daily basis. i apologise if u felt that i was insulting you!

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:26 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh sorry :(

I felt......... otherwise.
surprising and sad to see ppl get drunk on daily basis. that too young guys n gals.

no comments :(

cheers. :)

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 06:08 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh sorry :(

I felt......... otherwise.
surprising and sad to see ppl get drunk on daily basis. that too young guys n gals.
no comments :(

cheers. :)

yeah, i understand. i guess what i said wasn't very clear. yeah, but there are others, like my friends, who don't really drink so much. only a bit of wine at family dinners, like during christmas time, etc.

dsath
12th April 2006, 07:16 PM
The English are facing a problem what is termed as binge drinking. Not only students 20 and 30 somethings who are really nice people and sober during the week let loose in the weekend (both men and women alike) and the police are having tough time.
Childern or adults consuming wine for digestion/health is something i haven't come across yet.

ssanjinika
12th April 2006, 09:56 PM
Italians believe that the their hearts are strong is because they have so much wine with their food..esp red.Ive also read that wine in moderate quantities does have some health benefits.

swathy
13th April 2006, 10:27 PM
Smoking and drinking affect their health alone but bad dressing affect other's life.

chk the link below 4 proof :-)

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6556

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 10:35 PM
for heaven's sakes! are u implying that it's the girl's mistake? rubbish. i don't see why u had to put the link to that thread!!!

swathy
13th April 2006, 10:37 PM
she is also responsible for it. pls don't always blame guys.

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 10:44 PM
yeah right! make your decisions based on what that perverted guy has to say!!! of course, if he claims that she wears below the navel sari and low neckline blouses, he must be right and she must be extremely provocatingly dressed!

his wife also wears below the navel sari, right? then, would he be ok if other guys looked at his wife in that way!!!!

i'm extremely irritated by what you're saying!!!

Lambretta
13th April 2006, 10:46 PM
Ille Swathy, antha lady-um onnum venoontu appidi dress pannatha pollam illeyo?
Still, a SIL is too close (almost like a sis) for a guy to hav such thots abt her...& even otherwise, from the way tat guy posted, I personally doubt if he feels uncomfy/offended abt his SIL's dressing....more like tempting/alluring!

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 10:48 PM
Still, a SIL is too close (almost like a sis) for a guy to hav such thots abt her...& even otherwise, from the way tat guy posted, I personally doubt if he feels uncomfy/offended abt his SIL's dressing....more like tempting/alluring!

thanks anna! i was getting more worked up every sec!

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 10:49 PM
i still don't understand y swathy introduced that rotten thread into this topic!!!

Querida
13th April 2006, 11:26 PM
ha! probably another example of ways to ruin yourself and others this time with no help from an outside substance but inner filth. :evil:

SP, drinking...it's almost like a must for guys to drink here! It's almost accepted culturally....i don't understand it's like, to be manly or one of the guys you got to be able to drink or that having fun means getting wasted!

I have been to social gatherings before and asked to drink...I know my parents can only do what? scold me? forbid me? No....they will only lose the trust and respect they have in me....and I value that so much...but besides that I hate anything bitter!

I tried a sip once of punch ( i didn't know it was 'spiked' and blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i found it just had alcohol inside, i was ewwwww how could you drink this stuff??? so yeah ever since that I'm happy to say no yet i don't condemn others for doing it, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.....I am simply terrified of drunk ppl...when they seem out of control and weird.....i don't know why....but i get so scared even enough to cry.... :shock: :(

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 11:30 PM
ha! probably another example of ways to ruin yourself and others this time with no help from an outside substance but inner filth. :evil:

SP, drinking...it's almost like a must for guys to drink here! It's almost accepted culturally....i don't understand it's like, to be manly or one of the guys you got to be able to drink or that having fun means getting wasted!

I have been to social gatherings before and asked to drink...I know my parents can only do what? scold me? forbid me? No....they will only lose the trust and respect they have in me....and I value that so much...but besides that I hate anything bitter!

I tried a sip once of punch ( i didn't know it was 'spiked' and blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i found it just had alcohol inside, i was ewwwww how could you drink this stuff??? so yeah ever since that I'm happy to say no yet i don't condemn others for doing it, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.....I am simply terrified of drunk men....i don't know why....but i get so scared even enough to cry.... :shock:

:shock: is it?

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 12:26 AM
I have been to social gatherings before and asked to drink...I know my parents can only do what? scold me? forbid me? No....they will only lose the trust and respect they have in me!
Aah exactly! Now TATs how every youth shud view their parents!
I never dare to smoke or drink, even wen I lived in Singapore wher even girls/women smoking is a common sight....not bcos I'm scared of wat my parents (or parent as of now) wud say......its bcos they being doctors/health specialists they spent 1/2 their lives educating ppl. against these & I'd put them to shame if as their own son.....! :oops:

I tried a sip once of punch ( i didn't know it was 'spiked' and blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i found it just had alcohol inside, i was ewwwww how could you drink this stuff??? so yeah ever since that I'm happy to say no yet i don't condemn others for doing it, as long as it doesn't get out of hand....
Even for me, ther was this one time at Sing. wen I initially stayed in a newly-built hostel & they had an inauguration party one night......but I didnt go as I cudnt find nething veg. to eat!
The owner & his daughter the manager, & many other ppl. in their circle drank lots of beer tat night.....
The next morning I noticed 2 barrels of beer still in the vacated cafeteria area......I sumhow got a bit curious then & put my finger below the tap of one of the barrels....got to taste a drop & it tasted like sum cough syrup I hated having as a kid! I thot like, yuck! wats so gr8 in this, y do they like this stuff so much! :x :oops: :roll:

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 12:31 AM
I have been to social gatherings before and asked to drink...I know my parents can only do what? scold me? forbid me? No....they will only lose the trust and respect they have in me!
Aah exactly! Now TATs how every youth shud view their parents!
I never dare to smoke or drink, even wen I lived in Singapore wher even girls/women smoking is a common sight....not bcos I'm scared of wat my parents (or parents as of now) wud say......its bcos they being doctors/health specialists they spent 1/2 their lives educating ppl. against these & I'd put them to shame if as their own son.....! :oops:

I tried a sip once of punch ( i didn't know it was 'spiked' and blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i found it just had alcohol inside, i was ewwwww how could you drink this stuff??? so yeah ever since that I'm happy to say no yet i don't condemn others for doing it, as long as it doesn't get out of hand....
Even for me, ther was this one time at Sing. wen I initially stayed in a newly-built hostel & they had an inauguration party one night......but I didnt go as I cudnt find nething veg. to eat!
The owner & his daughter the manager, & many other ppl. in their circle drank lots of beer tat night.....
The next morning I noticed 2 barrels of beer still in the vacated cafeteria area......I sumhow got a bit curious then & put my finger below the tap of one of the barrels....got to taste a drop & it tasted like sum cough syrup I hated having as a kid! I thot like, yuck! wats so gr8 in this, y do they like this stuff so much! :x :oops: :roll:

digr: parents as of now? :?
u're vegetarian?
/digr

i've never tasted beer but i've heard that most alcoholic drinks are bitter.

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 12:36 AM
u're vegetarian?

Oops! Sorry, another typo....starting to feel sleepy...! :)
Actually meant parent as of now, one of them is no more....!
Neways, jus edited my above post.....

Yes, I'm veg'an....more out of choice rather than cultural reasons......

/dig

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 12:40 AM
u're vegetarian?

Oops! Sorry, another typo....starting to feel sleepy...! :)
Actually meant parent as of now, one of them is no more....!
Neways, jus edited my above post.....

Yes, I'm veg'an....more out of choice rather than cultural reasons......

/dig
digr: so u used to be non-vegetarian? hmmm..... i've also thought abt becoming vegetarian. but don't think it'll be very convenient for me right now. and i'm not really fully into it yet. though i do feel that a veg diet is healthier.

/digr

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 12:46 AM
digr: so u used to be non-vegetarian? hmmm.....
Aiyyo....no, tats not wat I ment! :)
I mean, I come from a strict enuff veg'an family but if I remain a veg'an its bcos I want to be one, rather than bcos I hav to or am expected to be one....um, hope this makes it clear? :)

i've also thought abt becoming vegetarian. but don't think it'll be very convenient for me right now. and i'm not really fully into it yet. though i do feel that a veg diet is healthier.
/digr
Yea I know it can be tuff to maintain abroad....:(
But I decided to stick to veg'anism even wen I was in sing.....athu naale 2 varshathile paathi aiyten-nu nenaikilaam.....:P
I learnt sum basic cooking ther, so was sustaining myself mainly on tat as going to eat in the Indian restaurants ther daily was getting too expensive! :(

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 12:54 AM
digr: so u used to be non-vegetarian? hmmm.....
Aiyyo....no, tats not wat I ment! :)
I mean, I come from a strict enuff veg'an family but if I remain a veg'an its bcos I want to be one, rather than bcos I hav to or am expected to be one....um, hope this makes it clear? :)

yup. very clear! and if u lose the ' in the veg'an cos of a spelling mistake, you'd become a vegan, which i don't think u are!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 01:07 AM
*DIG

yup. very clear! and if u lose the ' in the veg'an cos of a spelling mistake, you'd become a vegan, which i don't think u are!
Um....arent vegans ppl. who dont even take milk (or ne dairy products)?
tats the meaning I jus found for the word here after searching :):

http://cancerweb.ncl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?query=vegan&action=Search+OMD

In tat case, no I'm not one! 'cant imagine taking coffee w/out milk (altho the Chinese & Arabs do!) :)

Phew......looks like I've been up quite late......thoonga poren! :wave:

/DIG

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 01:18 AM
yup, vegans don't take any dairy products.

nite!

dsath
14th April 2006, 02:04 AM
-deleted-

swathy
14th April 2006, 10:59 AM

Lamby naan andha guykku support panni pesalai. avangalum oru kaaranamnnu than sonnen. may be neenga sonna madhiri kooda irukkalam.

naan generalla soldren women dressing affect others.

I'll spk abt this later. Now I have work.

a.ratchasi
14th April 2006, 12:10 PM
naan generalla soldren women dressing affect others.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 09:56 AM
Ithu kalam kalama naduntha vara topic...pesurom thavira seiyala kaatiyathae ellei.

Not just the morals shown upon women, the sexuality shown upon women is far more ridiculous. As for ethical morals, there is a reason why such values are shown upon women. Women are seen as the honour of a society,nation,religion etc. If their chastity or modesty is violated or dishonoured, not only are they shamed, their whole society,nation,religion etc is also shamed in the process.

Coming to the topic, All of us know this is plainly ridiculous. Although a women should not be wearing revealing clothes to the extent of too much is too much we need to give them sole freedom in their career choice,life partner choice and how they want to express themselves in the society. Although this is happening, women are still scrutinised and kept like slaves in countries like Afghanistan, Pakistan where the way they are treated is too embarassing to be expressed here. A gang rape of a girl just because her brother had an affair is one of the worst cases, stoning to death for having a boyfriend, broadlight shooting for wearing modernised clothes etc etc. I believe both men and women are equal and to separate women by introducing such values might as well kill them rather then making them suffer such ridiculous decisions.

This topic is discussed everywhere but although women have come out to speak against their slavery as men(includes me) we have not really supported them to come out and allow them to do what men do(the good things...not the bad things like smoking,sexual affairs etc). Even in a marriage, sometimes the man will pride upon himself as the sole breadwinner and will not allow his wife to work.
This issue is beyond ethical and exists among the human race as a whole. if we men are gonna speak against our society to allow women to enjoy the same freedom then perhaps such morals will be destroyed. But if we just let women organisations to speak up and we do not support no matter what this organisations do, women will forever be scrutinised.

Moral: Let both men and women fight for the freedom of women!

crazy
16th April 2006, 06:04 PM
Moral: Let both men and women fight for the freedom of women!

yes u r right! but i dont know. i feel these aspects of women have been long be upon women and it has been a part(natural) pat of them to be "morals".
but i think every woman(girl) has to fight for her freedom with her self first. (what iam doing and which is driving me crazy). even though i wants to stand up and fight for a lots of thing i remain quiet, not b'coz iam afraid but iam afraid of hurting my parents(which i have already done, a lot) and family. i once spoke about divorce, my mother got mad and looked upon me as it was some sort of taboo.
1 woman has to fight with herself(judge herself)
2 fight with her family(in my case..............lords knows)
3 then with the society

then ....................

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 06:26 PM
yeah, very true crazy

Hulkster
17th April 2006, 06:54 AM
Crazy to solve this one voice is not enough....a Thousand voices of both men and women need to be heard for the society to change...approm mattuthu ellam thaana maaridum.

crazy
17th April 2006, 04:19 PM
hulkster i meant that i(as a girl) has to find out what is right and wrong, good and bad, norms and ethics.
what the fact is women need to be free her self from her own prejudice(i dont know whether u understand or not). only the she can make her self in this society.
iam talking so much but aim not capable of freeing myself from my inner mind. iam working with that. anyway iam not the fact here!
what i want to say, i have already posted. hope u get it!

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 04:29 PM
good point crazy!

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 05:06 PM
crazy chellam ... nee inga irukiyaa ?

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 05:09 PM
guys ... be it man or woman ... bad habit is a bad habit ... i would like to go against such an ethic that nobody shld get addicted to habits ... whoever it is ... we in this world need to worry about others too .. afterall we all are human beings yaar ... we shld know to respect each other, love each other n take care of each other .... we just cant say that i dont care ... we need to take care of our selves n other too !

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 05:33 PM
guys ... be it man or woman ... bad habit is a bad habit ... i would like to go against such an ethic that nobody shld get addicted to habits ... whoever it is ... we in this world need to worry about others too .. afterall we all are human beings yaar ... we shld know to respect each other, love each other n take care of each other .... we just cant say that i dont care ... we need to take care of our selves n other too !

i second that bingle!

Arthi
17th April 2006, 05:36 PM
I would like to quote an incident yesterday I saw.

I saw a lady wearing clothes and exposing everything... hope she does not the purpose of wearing clothes. she did not care about anybody and in the high way she was smoking very cool accompained by her boy friend.
Is this the freedom we want/ we have been longing for?
I have seen so many girls like this. Bad habit is a bad habit either it is boy or girl.But especailly I cann't imagine if girls do such things. In country like India we visualise women as goddess... so we should know how to carry ourself in the society.
Here some of our friends are talking about women freedom. We have been given freedom in all departments, the thing is how are we/ladies /women are using that freedom. We very well have news like a gang rape a girl in marine drives/ Gate of India every where. some cases are exceptional i do agree with that. But in most of the cases culprits are girls only, wearing clother and exposing to a greater extent and going out at late nights... if we avoid all these things... most of the things get settled down on its own.

First letz try to preserve the freedom given to us :)

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 05:43 PM
i think women can only get real freedom when women stop blaming other women for stuff. blame the guys first. cos rapes do happen even if the girl is properly dressed. then if the girl was improperly dressed, blame the gril as well. but the guy is also at fault!

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 05:48 PM
I saw a lady wearing clothes and exposing everything... hope she does not the purpose of wearing clothes. she did not care about anybody and in the high way she was smoking very cool accompained by her boy friend.
Is this the freedom we want/ we have been longing for?
I have seen so many girls like this. Bad habit is a bad habit either it is boy or girl.But especailly I cann't imagine if girls do such things. In country like India we visualise women as goddess... so we should know how to carry ourself in the society.
Here some of our friends are talking about women freedom. We have been given freedom in all departments, the thing is how are we/ladies /women are using that freedom. We very well have news like a gang rape a girl in marine drives/ Gate of India every where. some cases are exceptional i do agree with that. But in most of the cases culprits are girls only, wearing clother and exposing to a greater extent and going out at late nights... if we avoid all these things... most of the things get settled down on its own.

First letz try to preserve the freedom given to us :)

I agree that Arthi ... but do u know ... when somebody is exposing we can do two things ... as guys

1) go to her ... tis ok ... tell her about that ... i wish if somebody does that in a metro n if the lady is doin it with purpose... then really the guy would get into trouble .....

2) turn ur face n go ! thats an insult guys .....

arthi ... though somebody is provocative ... either they have to stop doin that ...or we have to start ignoring that .... probably tis there in the genes of both that ... they also dont change, guyz too dont have a choice to look at her open-mouthed .....

we hate our elders advising us ... but it so happens that it leads us to this path ... ultimately !

The key is in our hands ! really !~

Arthi
17th April 2006, 05:51 PM
Yes Fire I do agree with you. first stop all the possibilites from our end... don't tempt others by our dressing and behaviours

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 05:55 PM
well said bingle!

Arthi
17th April 2006, 05:57 PM
Bingle: In metros no one cares about others. this is the very bad attitude which also paves way for all illegal activity.
Secondly, Even if you question/advice they see you as if you are an alien and label you as " don't know to enjoy life". they consider themselves as smart people.
How those girls parents are allowing their kids to wear such clothes till date an unansewrable question for me. on top of that they accompany their parents also.
Man will go again to Iron age only agin i feel sometime. From where we evolved we go there one day.

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 05:57 PM
adhukkaaga tempt pannunga nnnu naan sollala :lol:

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 06:02 PM
adhukkaaga tempt pannunga nnnu naan sollala :lol:

achachoo! naan apdi yellam dress panna matten!

Arthi
17th April 2006, 06:03 PM
Vaazhvadhum pennalaE
manushan thazhvadhum pannalaE :lol:

selvakumar
17th April 2006, 06:04 PM
<digression>

I read this thread completely. scanning for the number of sorries from SP.

Interestingly, It tuned out to be only 5 in number :D :D

SP, Your sorry run rate is very slow. Please increase it. :D

Jk

</digression>

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 06:20 PM
Vaazhvadhum pennalaE
manushan thazhvadhum pannalaE :lol:

aiyooooooo! i don't really know how to respond to this!

Arthi
17th April 2006, 06:24 PM
Why ???did I say anything wrong.???
Yaroo sonnadha naan sonnen... but this is the fact, wht do u say Fire?

Arthi
17th April 2006, 06:26 PM
Bye bye :wave: will discuss tomorrow :)

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 06:27 PM
Why ???did I say anything wrong.???
Yaroo sonnadha naan sonnen... but this is the fact, wht do u say Fire?

hm..... aptiyum irukkalaam. but the guys also have to get the credit or the blame sometims!

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 06:27 PM
bye arthi!

Shakthiprabha.
17th April 2006, 11:39 PM
arthi

:mad: :evil:

WHAT THE ______________

selvakumar,

:D

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 12:16 AM
arthi

:mad: :evil:

WHAT THE ______________

selvakumar,

:D

SP, ur reaction to arthi is very reassuring!

NM
18th April 2006, 05:05 AM
Vaazhvadhum pennalaE
manushan thazhvadhum pannalaE :lol:aarthi..athu appo, ippo pennukkum aanukkum orE neethithaan...sama urimaythaan.. :P

innonnu irukke...
aanathum pennaal, azhivathum pennaal..... ithu nalla irukkaa?? :D

naan kilemburen.... SP varuvaangga, enna nalla thOychu eduthuduvaangga... :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 01:41 PM
NM

:twisted: :P

Vera pazhamozhiyE kidaikaliyA

Arthi
18th April 2006, 01:47 PM
Guruji.. that proverb is right only. Everything is in Women's hand...
I stand by my point :) What is wrong in that tell me?

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 01:49 PM
Guruji.. that proverb is right only. Everything is in Women's hand...
I stand by my point :) What is wrong in that tell me?

then what do the guys do?

Arthi
18th April 2006, 01:51 PM
Fire answer : :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 01:51 PM
everything is in woman's hand?

what are men for?

if gang caomes and rapes a woman.........

is it in a woman's hand to safe guard herself?
is it in her hand to stop the intellectual indian society's tongue which leashes, blames and belittles women?

if a man do not stay committed is it in her hand to keep him with her?

WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS. All have 6 senses. Each individual is responsible for his actins.

THINGS HAPPEN BECAUSE OF HUMAN RACE (NOT WOMAN)
THINGS DESTROY BECAUSE OF HUMAN RACE (NOT WOMAN)

Arthi
18th April 2006, 01:52 PM
I think Men are weaker section not women :lo:

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 01:52 PM
Fire answer : :lol:

arthi, it's not funny!

i agree with SP

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 01:53 PM
Pombilleigalai sight adikiruthu :lol:...i guess she meant that the works of creation,protection and destruction are done by a woman...creation is something we already know oh how a child is created in the womb...protection is during the child's life where the mother brings up the child safely and protects it from all the bad things(sometimes successful,sometimes not) and destruction is something like kannagi destroying madurai.

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 01:54 PM

what a stupid concept. guys and girls complement each other. like ying and yang. and they're both equal!

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 01:55 PM
Men: self control of lust and respect of woman as an individual

Women: stand up in the right way to show they are not afraid of showing their views.

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 01:57 PM
Neruppu madam...athu nalla therincha vishayam...the thing is men dunt realise that women are equal to men and vice versa...i mean certain men and to a larger extent the society. This is where it needs enlightening

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 01:57 PM
arthi,

ALL ARE HUMAN BEINGS

THERE IS NO WEAKER SEX OR STRONGER SEX. May it be men or women.

We are all made by nature to withstand diff kinds of tasks. Thats all.

We cant compare apple and orange and say apple is weaker or orange is stronger. Similar is the case.

MEN ARE GREAT
WOMEN ARE GREAT

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 01:58 PM

guys and girls conplement each other. like ying and yang. and there both equal!

yup :) :thumbsup:

Arthi
18th April 2006, 02:00 PM
Topic is ethical valus and Women. here we are talking about women. where comes this rape case everything. I generally told that women should dress up properly... should know how to carry herself in the society... I gave an instance also in my previous thread. again am stressing the same point that we should not take over advantage. whatever I see before my eyes as per that only I can talk.
There are so many girls who simply roam around with boys and get their thing done ans say TATA to those boys. just betraying... I spoke about those girls.

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:00 PM
well well well ! Shakthi vanakkam !

Arthi,enna irundhaalum NEENGA indha vaarthaiya sonnadha naan kadumaiyaaga yedhirkiren .....

becoming weaker or stronger depends on the situation .....

When a guy has come from tiring work, a woman shouting at him for having come late, the man may be silent to avert a bigger blast !

When a guy shouts at his wife for coming late from office, after her tiresome work, she could also do the same thing .... being quiet !

Here do u say that the man is weak or the woman is weak ! No Arthi .... i would say ppl adjust in life, that doesnt mean they are weak ! infact we can even say that there is nothing called weaker being ! All are equally strong ... time states their state sometimes !

wat say guyz n galz !?

Arthi
18th April 2006, 02:02 PM

what a stupid concept. guys and girls complement each other. like ying and yang. and they're both equal!

I still stand by my point. why did i say weaker section int he sense.. they are mentally weak then girls.

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 02:03 PM
Arthi not all of this girls are really that "nadutthu keithavai" type...some of them do it to like settle a score on boys of what they might have done to them in a unpleasant past experience (think of manmadhan)....but you should also oblige that both men and women are equal

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:03 PM
Shakthi :clap: for ur MEN are GREAT n WOMEN are GREAT !

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 02:04 PM
shall we say this to wrap up the men and women topic?

Shakthi ellamal sivam ellei...sivam ellamal Shakthi ellei.

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:05 PM
well well well ! Shakthi vanakkam !

vanakkam :)

Here do u say that the man is weak or the woman is weak ! No Shakthi .... i would say ppl adjust in life, that doesnt mean they are weak ! infact we can even say that there is nothing called weaker being ! All are equally strong ... time states their state sometimes !

'Weaker sex' term was used by arthi. not shakthi.

i dont deny ur views.

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:05 PM

I still stand by my point. why did i say weaker section int he sense.. they are mentally weak then girls.

Mentally weak ... can u justify ?

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:06 PM
Topic is ethical valus and Women. here we are talking about women. where comes this rape case everything. I generally told that women should dress up properly... should know how to carry herself in the society... I gave an instance also in my previous thread. again am stressing the same point that we should not take over advantage. whatever I see before my eyes as per that only I can talk.
There are so many girls who simply roam around with boys and get their thing done ans say TATA to those boys. just betraying... I spoke about those girls.

ok. so that means some girls are in the wrong. equally, some guys are in the wrong. so how is either sex superior?

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:07 PM
i am sorry Shakthi .... got confused ! unga peru dhaan adikkadi varudhu naan enna pannuven ;-) sorry, my mistake !

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:07 PM
hi vasanth! (correct-thane?)

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:08 PM
Poor arthi, too many against one :)

arthi,

women are cheaters
men are cheaters
women are nice
men are nice

these adjectives are COMMON to either gender arthi.
We cant say, all girls are talkative, or all guys flirt.

It depends on each individual. Its not logical to generalise on sex. :)

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:10 PM

what do u mean mentally weak? that is too much of a generalisation!

guys and girls are different. and they complement each other.

and how can u pick on some tiny part and say that guys are weaker than girls in this aspect and therefore men are weaker than women?

Arthi
18th April 2006, 02:10 PM

What to justify... why these boys alo roaming around with these girls and do wharever they want... simply saying Palla Elikkaradhu...
oh my Lord here I can see those appavi pasanga.
So I said mentally they are weak. eventhough i have not used the word Mentally I ment this only.

ok I know am talking about 5-10 % of people.

I oblige both are equal :) see from my point of view also why did I mention that sentence then you people can understand

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:11 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fire111999
arthi, u're female right? how can u pick out mistakes done by girls and blame them for eveything? guys have a part in mistakes as well!

Arthi

arthi,

women are cheaters
men are cheaters
women are nice
men are nice

corret GURUJI I agree with you :)

crazy

arthi,

women are cheaters
men are cheaters
women are nice
men are nice

lets all go and watch pride and prejudice! :lol:

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:12 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

enna ivlo shock-aareenga? ungaloda biodata-ve ennakku theriyum!

(just kidding, noticed others calling u vasanth)

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:13 PM
arthi :)

vaanga crazy :)

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:13 PM
crazy, why p&p now?

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 02:14 PM
Naan thaan shakthi ellamal sivam ellei sivam ellamal shakthi ellei nu sollitaenae...approm yaen intha paala ponna topicai unnum continue pennurunga..can we discuss on some incidents speaking of how ethical values and women are shown in?(can be positive and negative)

Arthi
18th April 2006, 02:14 PM
arthi, u're female right? how can u pick out mistakes done by girls and blame them for eveything? guys have a part in mistakes as well!

Yes ofcourse am a girl :)
It is not who is doing mistake.. we are also doing mistake we should accept that... that waht I want to highlight here.
I want to talk about girls.. see the topic... so I concentrated on our mistakes only.

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:17 PM
Arthi ....

we do not know what is in a guy's mind when he does things for girls ... ippo naan ennoda office collegue help kettu pannina, adhunaala enakku weak mentalitya ... illa .... thats not the point to justify ... JUSTIFY means ... quote a valid example !

girls azhudhaa pasanga manasu kashtapadum ... this is weaker mentality ... yaarukku theriyuma ... rendu perukkum ... azhudhu saadhikkira weak mentality ponnukku .. azhudha vudanayum manasu iranagira payyanukku ....

Fire .... mistakes nna ... enna type of mistakes ... paavam pa pasanga ;-) ponnunga panra mistake llam avanga eppadi poruppaavaanga ? ;-)

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:17 PM

Yes ofcourse am a girl :)
It is not who is doing mistake.. we are also doing mistake we should accept that... that waht I want to highlight here.
I want to talk about girls.. see the topic... so I concentrated on our mistakes only.

i'm not denying that girls make mistakes. but that doesn't mean everything can be blamed on them!

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:20 PM
Shakthi

enna Guruji ... naangalum unga pointa ye dhaan sonnom ... aanaal engala vittutu neenga sonnadhukku mattum thalai aatraangalae arthi ...

solla vendiyavanga sonna dhaan sila per yeduthupaanga polirukku .. hmn :(

Arthi
18th April 2006, 02:20 PM
Fire: am not blaming all girls...am blaming those who betray others.

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:22 PM
hey vasanth, i'm not saying blame the guys for the mistake girls do. but in a rape case, can u say that if the girl was dressed indecently it's all her fault? isn't the guy in the wrong?

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:22 PM

ok so these girls and the 5-10% population-a vecchuthan u made that generalisation, is it?

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:23 PM
Hulkster,

so...... ethics........ and women........

what do u say?

Women are symbols which safeguard ethics and morality in society.

yes or no?

Fire111999
-deleted-

bingleguy
okie okie Fire !

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:24 PM
Tis not only women. .. who has to safeguard ethics ... both have the responsibility ! isnt it Shakthi >?

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:24 PM
Shakthi

enna Guruji ... naangalum unga pointa ye dhaan sonnom ... aanaal engala vittutu neenga sonnadhukku mattum thalai aatraangalae arthi ...

solla vendiyavanga sonna dhaan sila per yeduthupaanga polirukku .. hmn :(

:lol: :wink: :oops:

crazy
18th April 2006, 02:25 PM
crazy, why p&p now?
enn fire?

Arthi

ok so these girls and the 5-10% population-a vecchuthan u made that generalisation, is it?
Again am telling that i wanted to highlight our side mistake also. eventhough it is a smaller percentage. got it :)

Fire111999
Tis not only women. .. who has to safeguard ethics ... both have the responsibility ! isnt it Shakthi >?

yup!

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:26 PM
ok ok. vidunga arthi.

Arthi
18th April 2006, 02:29 PM
Fire: Appa thanx fire :)
Topic -al yen women-na serthinga...
It should a generic one right?

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:29 PM

BOTH SHOULD.
BOTH MUST.
both are equally resp.

but SOCIETY differentiated ethics on men and women.

In puraaanas.....

men can have many wives
women..... can she dream of having more than one husband?

In puraanas yester year society......

men can take (somapaanam or drinks..... ) women were not.
men smoked (women did not)
men if swerved from righteous path, were pardoned but not women.

So, now its changed. Women talk about it and ask 'WHY NOT U TOO'? and try to impose ethics on them.(some ask...... 'why not we too' and indulge in becoming non-ethical)

NM
18th April 2006, 02:34 PM
NM

:twisted: :P

Vera pazhamozhiyE kidaikaliyAshakthi : chumma ungala kindunen............ :P :P

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:36 PM
:clap: Guruji guruji dhaan !

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:37 PM
SP, i think u agree that the first approach is the right way!

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 02:38 PM
Hmms shakthi akka if i say yes....it highlights that im accpeting women are the honour of our society and indirectly implying of limiting them to certain things they cant do which may be good(the things) and if i say no...im implying that they do not really understand the values and ethics like the rest and indirectly saying they are misusing the values and ethics.

As such i would like to say that women are in a way symbol of ethics and morals in the way they behave and the way they treat others but the way they are opressed because of this very ethics and morals sometimes force them to be "slaves" to certain type of husbands and kept within the house by the society (early marriages etc etc) . Because of them viewing the women as the honour of the society along with the ethic and morals, they have been ostracised like as if one hit and they will be broken. (this also breaks down a womans confidence of pursuing certain dreams)

NM
18th April 2006, 02:39 PM
shakthi @ guruji....or mataji.....
naanum ungal sishyai-ya aagalamaa?? ungalukku enna guru thatchanai vendum? :D

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:44 PM
HAIYOOOOOOOOOOOO NM

:oops:

enakku onnum theriyathu. summa ellaruma serthu per vechutaanga :lol:

neenga en guruvaaaaaaaaa..... deivamEEEEEEEEEEE ithu adukkumaaaaaaaaa :D :P

fire,

NO I DO NOT AGREE with that approach

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:46 PM
what SP?

i'm talking abt

Women talk about it and ask 'WHY NOT U TOO'? and try to impose ethics on them.

shouldn't women impose ethics on guys, then?

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:47 PM
fire, others,

i had read one book written by some swamiji....... (forgot his name) (the book is 100 years old)

The reasons like

* THere were more women than men.... since women were weaker physically, they need to be protected so men married more women

* women bear children, she cant drink or smoke as it affects her womb, or uterus

similar such reasons are given as to WHY women were more on guard and men were let loose :roll:

in the end it says, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN must follow ethics. Just because men are allowed to be flexible from society's point of view, does not relieve him from his resp of being ethical.

Such was the conclusion.

anyway, acc to me, ETHICS is a personal affair to be followed by each individual. IT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED OR PUNISHED by society.

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:48 PM
what SP?

i'm talking abt

Women talk about it and ask 'WHY NOT U TOO'? and try to impose ethics on them.

shouldn't women impose ethics on guys, then?

I just quoted .... fire. I aint arguing against it :)

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 02:50 PM
nm,

thookam varlaiya :)

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 02:51 PM
Neither women should impose ethics on guys or guys impose ethics on women...it is a thing which people naturally follow and perceive..As long as they know what is wrong and what is right they will also be duly following ethics and morals.

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:54 PM
SP, u said that u don't agree with that approach. that's y i got confused!

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 02:54 PM
yeah, agree with u hulk!

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:58 PM
enna nadakkudhu inga :roll:

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 02:59 PM
avangavangalukku nalladhu kettadhu therinju seyal padanum ....

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 03:02 PM

yes, but the society forms the moral values as a whole. that's what individuals compare with.

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 03:07 PM

yes, but the society forms the moral values as a whole. that's what individuals compare with.

yedho veli aalungala pathi pesara madiri solreengalae fire ...
namba dhaana society ... we together form a society ....

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 03:09 PM
yes, individuals together form a society. but society as a whole forms the society's moral values.

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 03:10 PM
I think she knows that but she means the people who do not get themselves involved with the society as individuals.

These individuals can have different opinions and morals from the society too.

NM
18th April 2006, 03:10 PM
nm,

thookam varlaiya :)SP : ithu nyayamaa?? yEn enna thoratturengga hub-leyirunthu?? naan irunthaa neenga guru ubathEsam seiya mudiyalaiyaa?? :lol: ippothaan mani 7.35pm aaghuthu :D

anyway, ethics and being ethical does not 'belong' to women alone! avangavangalukku ethu nallathu ethu kettatthunu theriyum, manasaatchi irunthaal, vazhi thavara maattaargal....santharppam soolnilei oru manitharai maathuvathum undu :)

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 03:14 PM
what i mean is that a single individual's moral values can't reflect that of the whole society!

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 03:15 PM
probably Ys HUlk ... but we have to think that being a part of the society itself ... can that be decided or not .... ? i mean .. nowadays ... u can decide whether to join a society or not ! isnt it ?

crazy
18th April 2006, 03:15 PM
what i mean is that a single individual's moral values can't reflect that of the whole society!

i dont think so! individuals can affect the society!

crazy
18th April 2006, 03:18 PM
probably Ys HUlk ... but we have to think that being a part of the society itself ... can that be decided or not .... ? i mean .. nowadays ... u can decide whether to join a society or not ! isnt it ?

even if u dont want to join the society u r a part of society, society is not a volunteer organisation to join or not!

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 03:20 PM

i dont think so! individuals can affect the society!

i don't think you understand what i mean. individuals do affect the society. but a single individual does not totally reflect the morals of the whole society.

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 03:21 PM

even if u dont want to join the society u r a part of society, society is not a volunteer organisation to join or not!

no, u can rebel against it. then, u wouldn't really be part of the society.

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 03:23 PM
no .. there are many ppl who wish to be away from the society ..... TRUE crazy ....

crazy
18th April 2006, 03:23 PM

i dont think so, u can rebel and make a difference, but not being left out of the society!

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 03:24 PM
yes...but there is no specific method of joining...i guess by following their ethics and morals your part of them and if you choose to follow a different set of ethics and morals your not.

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 03:28 PM

i dont think so, u can rebel and make a difference, but not being left out of the society!

The moment u rebel .. u cant be in the square ! u have to move out ... then where comes the left out !?

crazy
18th April 2006, 04:06 PM

The moment u rebel .. u cant be in the square ! u have to move out ... then where comes the left out !?

square illadhi enna? i think we can make a new society!

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 04:19 PM
not necessarily .... we need not make a new society ... we can be away from all these so called rules !

Fire111999
18th April 2006, 04:26 PM
digr: vasanth, ur previous avatar was nicer!

Arthi
18th April 2006, 04:34 PM
Enna nadakkudhu marubadiyum :roll:

bingleguy
18th April 2006, 05:50 PM
digr: vasanth, ur previous avatar was nicer!
digr :
:D thanks ... i like this face too ! do u know who she is !

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 07:22 PM
nm

ungalai thoratha mudiyumaa?

nm illainan hub illai :)