PDA

View Full Version : Do Spirits talk?

goodsense
9th April 2006, 12:43 AM
I think they do.

anbu_kathir
9th April 2006, 05:28 AM
Sure thing, people. We talk, dont we? ....lol

As far as the ones without physical bodies are concerned, talking might be the last thing they would do for communication with their physical counterparts.... for words are the least dependable form of communication. It is however purely a matter of choice. I dont know whether you have heard of the working methods of " kudukudupandi " , the foretelling person.... These people generally get their knowledge from communications with the dead ( some form of Tantra i believe).

Love to all.

pavalamani pragasam
9th April 2006, 07:51 AM
Do you mean the ouija board? It is a very interesting game! We hear people telling us of the orders/requests the dead conveyed to them in their dreams. But how authentic are both?

rachel
9th April 2006, 08:31 AM
yes..there are some people called psychics. they talk to spirits.

they even help solve murder cases.

dev
9th April 2006, 10:42 AM
Do you mean the ouija board? It is a very interesting game! We hear people telling us of the orders/requests the dead conveyed to them in their dreams. But how authentic are both?

I've played it a few times when I was young... But the spirits said I'll become a doctor... fortunately or unfortunately, I'm an auditor now... :wink: :roll: :lol: Few of my neighbours then were very interested in it & I used to join them... Later, when my dad came to know abt it, he was not very happy abt it & I had to stop it... :)

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 10:52 AM

U mean the ones u find in the plangents (also called as seance if I rem. rite)....I had badly wnted to visit one of these places to talk to the spirit of my father soon after he passed away 1 yr ago.....but my mother declined!
Incidentally, I rem. sum ppl. telling me (wen I was in +2) tat if u wrote down all the 26 alphabets in order & 1-10 (?) below tat on a sheet, & keep mentally calling out for the spirit by name (in ne language), sitting in candlelight, it wud actually materialise in front of u?! :shock: :roll:
I didnt take it too seriously, was quite skeptical abt this..... :?

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 10:54 AM
I've played it a few times when I was young... But the spirits said I'll become a doctor...
How DID u see/hear the spirits??! U mean to say they actually like, materialised b4 u?? :shock:

pavalamani pragasam
9th April 2006, 12:15 PM
There is a basic board with alphabetical letters. We place a coin on it & any one of the group puts the index finger on the coin, seriously invites any holy spirit wandering by to come and answer the questions. As the members speak out the questions, the finger on the coin moves from letter to letter coherently giving meaningful answers. I have seen an inverted glass tumbler instead of the coin used by my elders when I was a kid. Years ago there was a sensation about 'stove josiyam', a type of this ouija board game. This is purely for fun & thrill like the famous song "que sera que sera" wanting to know our future. But as Dev said it is not at all dependable. My hubby was told his wife's name will be Padma! Only the first letter has come true! Even that is childishly thrilling. Bt seances are more serious affairs, blind beliefs all the same!

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 12:36 PM
There is a basic board with alphabetical letters. We place a coin on it & any one of the group puts the index finger on the coin, seriously invites any holy spirit wandering by to come and answer the questions........
Aah yes, I forgot abt the coin bit! Tks for refreshing my memory, PP ma'm! :D

But as Dev said it is not at all dependable. My hubby was told his wife's name will be Padma! Only the first letter has come true!
Um...the 1st 2 letters (Pa) actually.....2 out of 10 correct! Maybe the spirit wasnt too good at vocabulary wen alive? :lol2:

pavalamani pragasam
9th April 2006, 01:09 PM
:rotfl:

aiwa
9th April 2006, 01:43 PM
freaky topic . I wish some one can teach me . Mind Reading .

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 02:36 PM
Hmm.....but wudnt it be a little embarassing to be able to read even sumone's secrets in their mind? :?

dev
9th April 2006, 08:50 PM
How DID u see/hear the spirits??! U mean to say they actually like, materialised b4 u?? :shock:

It's done as said by Mrs.PP... I played the coin & candle thingy...

swathy
9th April 2006, 09:03 PM
I too have done the candle thing.

great
9th April 2006, 09:12 PM
I too have done the candle thing.

i guess they use to do with glass of water also

swathy
9th April 2006, 09:12 PM
water . not sure abt it.

we use candle and glass.

Sanguine Sridhar
9th April 2006, 09:18 PM
I think not even a single spirit would have reached you Swathy right?? :roll:

rocketboy
9th April 2006, 10:17 PM
i know only one aavi which makes noise.

It is the same aavi that escapes through the nozzle of a pressure cooker, boiler , steam engines

ssanjinika
9th April 2006, 10:53 PM
Somehow Ive always been more intrested in the living than in the dead :P.I dont know if I believe in sprits at all actually.When the human body dies I seriously hope that if there is a sprit ,it goes on to a "better?" place.There is an interesting theory Ive come across in some books.ie the sprit is nothing but a concentration of energy,which sometimes lingers on even after the source which feeds it(the body in this instance) dies.Since any form of energy needs something feeding it,after the body dies,the sprit cannot stay on for long.Ive heard lot of researchers are researching this theory.Came across it in some book.

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 11:16 PM

It is the same aavi that escapes through the nozzle of a pressure cooker, boiler , steam engines
And I might add, a deflating tyre. The bigger the tyre, the louder the noise wen it happens! :)

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 11:18 PM
:shock: Wow.........unbelievable!

rocketboy
9th April 2006, 11:21 PM

And I might add, a deflating tyre. The bigger the tyre, the louder the noise wen it happens! :)

i have been under the impression that steam alone is called aavi . :huh:

great
9th April 2006, 11:34 PM

could you plz explain more in this regard..... would lieke to know :)

Lambretta
9th April 2006, 11:49 PM
*DIGR
i have been under the impression that steam alone is called aavi . :huh:
Ohh....is it? Oops, didnt know tat, sorry! :P :oops:
Ok...I might then add, a boiling tea kettle, a milk boiler? :)

/DIGR

rachel
10th April 2006, 03:27 AM

U mean the ones u find in the plangents (also called as seance if I rem. rite)....I had badly wnted to visit one of these places to talk to the spirit of my father soon after he passed away 1 yr ago.....but my mother declined!
Incidentally, I rem. sum ppl. telling me (wen I was in +2) tat if u wrote down all the 26 alphabets in order & 1-10 (?) below tat on a sheet, & keep mentally calling out for the spirit by name (in ne language), sitting in candlelight, it wud actually materialise in front of u?! :shock: :roll:
I didnt take it too seriously, was quite skeptical abt this..... :?

i don't know what you are saying. but there are some people who have the ability to talk with spirit world.

you have to give dead person's name or photo. they'd just close their eyes and call that person's spirit and talk to that spirit.

in murder investigation they'd call that murdered person's spirit and talk to that spirit... that spirit 'd explain what had happened to them including how they were murdered and who did that..so on..

it's soooooo scary and unbelievable..

goodsense
10th April 2006, 04:37 AM
I am in a bit of pain, the reason why I did not answer to any response as yet. But Rachel fetch me out here. You are the only person who got close to what I was thinking when I opened the thread.

The spirit world is what I was thinking about. It is quite scary and unbelievable indeed. I experienced it with a close dead relative while alone overseas (living, sleeping and waking alone as usual). This happened after I wandered into a nearby spiritualist church. I learnt about how you can speak to the dead and the work the dead can do - the spirit waiting to be rebirted. I can't really explain what I was experiencing on a daily basis while conscious. I had to beg to stop it and it was stopped.

This is different from dreaming about the dead and the dead speaking to you in your sleep/dreams.

Will tell you more next time as to what lead me to that church and what I was experiencing after.

anbu_kathir
10th April 2006, 05:00 AM
I think the theory you have mentioned is in reverse of a common truth, ... the body doesnt feed the spirit, the spirit feeds the body. It is not the spirit leaving because the body is dead, it is because of the spirit leaving, the body is dead

much Love and Light.

the sprit is nothing but a concentration of energy,which sometimes lingers on even after the source which feeds it(the body in this instance) dies.Since any form of energy needs something feeding it,after the body dies,the sprit cannot stay on for long.Ive heard lot of researchers are researching this theory.Came across it in some book.

rachel
10th April 2006, 06:24 AM
I can't really explain what I was experiencing on a daily basis while conscious. I had to beg to stop it and it was stopped.

:lol: if u have the ability you can make it a profession like other people do

swathy
10th April 2006, 09:45 AM
[tscii:73aad73e9a]My aunt learned the candle one when she was in her college days.

After that every year in my grandpas death anniversary we'll speak to him.

I remember I have even fought with him: lol:

But now my father won't allow us.

My sis friend became addicted to it for some time. Daily in the late night she’ll go the terrace alone and speak with some unknown spirits.
[/tscii:73aad73e9a]

rachel
10th April 2006, 09:52 AM
My sis friend became addicted to it for some time. Daily in the late night she’ll go the terrace alone and speak with some unknown spirits.

yeah..it's good to make friends with spirits..because when she dies she won't feel lonely in the spirit world.. :lol:

great
10th April 2006, 11:36 AM
[tscii:799bc35070]My aunt learned the candle one when she was in her college days.

wow quite interesting, even i want to learn the trick :P

mmmmm is it only during the anniversary :roll:

[/tscii:799bc35070]

has she has made friends out of spirits or what :o

bingleguy
10th April 2006, 11:40 AM
:roll:

great
10th April 2006, 11:41 AM
:roll: :?:

swathy
10th April 2006, 11:43 AM
[tscii:c55471f8b5]My aunt learned the candle one when she was in her college days.

wow quite interesting, even i want to learn the trick

this is not game . better stay far from it if u dunno the proper procedure.

mmmmm is it only during the anniversary :roll:

mostly in the aniiversaries when we all get together. i remember we have done in some other get togethers also

[/tscii:c55471f8b5]

has she has made friends out of spirits or what :o

nope but this is lit serious . pls dont play it as a game when u r alone.

great
10th April 2006, 11:47 AM
Nope !!! I am serious i wanna/gonna learn this . Afterall you wouldnot speak to unknow spirit 8-) only know spirit rite :roll: .....

bingleguy
10th April 2006, 11:49 AM
Great ... onnum illa ..... yenna pesardhunnu theriyaama muzhichen

swathy
10th April 2006, 11:51 AM
yah we'll speak with only known spirits

great
10th April 2006, 11:54 AM

Do you know how to work with candle

great
10th April 2006, 11:55 AM

:roll: chumma try pannvendiyathu thane ......

rachel
10th April 2006, 11:59 AM

people may think you've gone crazy :lol:

swathy
10th April 2006, 12:02 PM

Do you know how to work with candle

yah i know

great
10th April 2006, 12:05 PM

They wont this so as i am already :roll: :roll: :roll:

rachel
10th April 2006, 12:07 PM

They wont this so as i am already :roll: :roll: :roll:

really..what is the craziest thing you've done in your life? :roll:

great
10th April 2006, 12:09 PM
yah i know

it seems, i am i addicted to this thread :P

coming back to my query..... how long it takes to speak to the spirits.

How long you spoke to the spirit? heard there should not be anyother light apart from candle .Is it true??....

were you aware , what you spoke to the spirit :roll:

rachel
10th April 2006, 12:12 PM
How long you spoke to the thread? heard there should not be anyother light apart from candle .Is it true??....

no..you will be allowed one tube light...

great
10th April 2006, 12:14 PM
How long you spoke to the thread? heard there should not be anyother light apart from candle .Is it true??....

no..you will be allowed one tube light...

no i am not talking about u :wink: :lol:

rachel
10th April 2006, 12:16 PM
theriyum :evil:

great
10th April 2006, 12:19 PM
hey rachel, how are u doing

rachel
10th April 2006, 12:25 PM
hey rachel, how are u doing

feeling great :lol2:

great
10th April 2006, 12:33 PM
good, ensoy :poke:

rachel
10th April 2006, 12:43 PM
good, ensoy :poke:

:tongueout:

great
11th April 2006, 02:02 PM
Any updates to this thread 8-)

goodsense
12th April 2006, 05:43 AM
To continue with the experience which was in the summer of 1998 in the UK.

What lead me to that Church? I was undergoing severe stress and was told there is a thing called "spirit healing". I saw the sign - I use to walk by there often. So I went out of curiosity and a little desperation. During the healing sessions I attended (a few which I had to sign for), I was told that I take up allot of energy, that my stress levels were too high. I was then taught how to gain spiritual healing at home and when needed. I attained a comfort zone in speaking to spirit of your choice. I selected (dead one of course) a close relative. For the first few days, I was comfortable in being able to speak to her and she would come say noon time to early afternoon and tell me everything she knew I was doing - what was happening in my life and she would giggle/be very friendly about it and laugh with me. After a while, I became very uncomfortable knowing the times she comes to talk, how she talks and what she says. It became frightening, especially being alone in a flat when this is happening. I had to ask to stop it and even get angry and chased her away. I did this a few times in a harsh manner to let her go and for her to know I don't wish her to be around me any more. With the anger this was done, it suddenly stopped .

Would I go back to this? I doubt it very much. On one of the occasions, she was even calling me to go with her. I think that was when I exerted full force to let her go and leave me alone.

Braandan
12th April 2006, 12:47 PM
It would be good sense for goodsense to see a Psychiatrist.

goodsense
12th April 2006, 01:34 PM
A descendant of a criminal should know that my experience of being put under severe stress occured in Britian (Old hubbers here know most of the story and where it's at, so this shouldn't be surprising. Would have been in the mental home had I stayed there for long more). You should like at this for cause and telling every English person to go see a pychiatrist. I always think they have to be sick people to do the things they have done. Don't come here to spam and be revengeful. What is your purpose on this foum anyway? I know G.W Bush and recently prince Charles visited India trying to keep friendly relations (history is probably about to repeat itself)and we know why :mrgreen: and us Guyanese talk and laugh about it amongst our selves :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . You have been spamming the Guyana Indians thread too, you son of a b****

checked the meaning of "savage" to be sure and here are some of the definitions that striked me:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3470&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=300

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=savage

1. **Lacking polish or manners; rude.
Not domesticated or cultivated; wild: savage beasts of the jungle.
2. Not civilized; barbaric: a savage people.

3. Ferocious; fierce: in a savage temper.
Vicious or merciless; brutal: a savage attack on a political rival. See Synonyms at cruel.

The list continues....... so accurate :(

By the way I am sure you know you are the one I had in mind when I made the statement a few days ago in the large hearted thread (above) about men jumping on the throats of women. But it is beyond that too.

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4980&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

My post in this thread too have you riled up. To be honest I was expecting your attacks, knew it was only a matter of time, but it came only too soon, only to be too obvious.

FYKI I find you people unbearable. The other day I changed my sport centre to avoid an English couple there I could no longer stand. People want to know why I left, but didn't want to say. So keep of me.

Ghlli
12th April 2006, 07:16 PM
On BBC i swear i saw these peeps talking to a spirit, they had the alphabet out and the glass moved to spell the answer to their question, and that spirit said 'yes' for the question were u murdered? :shock: i got scared and started crying. :cry: :oops: or is it jus a random tv show? :?

NOV
12th April 2006, 07:24 PM
Do Spirits talk?I hope not.
Dont want to spill the precious vodka if it suddenly decides to say something. :oops:

goodsense
12th April 2006, 09:15 PM
Nov :lol:

You are so right! Some people refer to alcohol as spirits. We also have this superstition that if you spill alcohol, it is the spirit that wants a drink :?

ssanjinika
12th April 2006, 09:53 PM
Do Spirits talk?I hope not.
Dont want to spill the precious vodka if it suddenly decides to say something. :oops:
:lol: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
12th April 2006, 10:33 PM
Once when i was studying my Masters we planned for that Candle one! One of my friend wrote all the 26 characters in a very worst dirty paper and he was holding one 50 paise coin.He made the room so dark and we had one lighted candle in front of us.He kept the coin in the 'A' character and started to close his eyes.I was scratching my head and i did the same.I was eagarly waiting for the spirit.In that dark room my friends face was looking exactly like a spirit other than that i dont find any other spirit :lol:. Soon i became restless so as my friends.At one point of time he started to move the coin from 'A' to 'K' and then to 'S',we were thrilled to see that :shock: Tthen he opened his eyes and said to us "Its not working"..We all became :evil: :x and started to bang him :lol: ..

Braandan
13th April 2006, 08:47 AM
[quote="goodsense"]A descendant of a criminal should know that my experience of being put under severe stress occured in Britian (Old hubbers here know most of the story and where it's at, so this

blah blah

The same old Urmila Bhoopal.. No changes to her after
years of hubbing...

Old hubbers know who you are too!!

High time you spent some time in an asylum, so that you can
become ok! This is in your own interest...

She doubts everyone to be white and stalking her!

goodsense
13th April 2006, 09:26 AM
Is this how you avoid answering questions? Who are you fooling? Well you have a right to be ashamed of being an offspring of an ex-Convict, but I can see that the genes are very much alive. However you look at it, you can be regarded as an offspring of a criminal. So my advice to you, is to enure you don't die as a "pariah". The history of this thread is self evident as to who says what and to whom. Why didn't you tell anyone else to go seek psychiatric help and why no one else told me that. It is not the first time similar attacks came from someone in Australia, only under a different name a few years ago, but since it was the old hub, the person was clear on being a white. There are some unanswered questions of mine he left in the old hub.

Your accusations of me being anti-white and your misreadings(whether it was innocent or a ceased opportunity (like you are doing now) of innocence posting to Lamby, God knows) wasting my time and knowing how I felt about it all, should be enough for any sensible prude person to know to stay away. But because of your real objective in your seasonal hubbing, you can't help it. I can imagine how unhappy your English counterparts in Britain are since they are no longer able to distort my postings and other words documents in constructing, promoting and maintaining this theory you and them have been struggling with for so long while putting other Indians against me. Otherwsie you would have been laughing louder, but only for a short time. Truth is what stands in the end and you people have always failed that test and that is what is showing until now. Already failed at higher levels and still no restraint :evil:

Why do you keep forcing issues here? Can't you see how other hubbers are struggling to deal with you or you are in more need of help than me if I need any at all?

I don't wish to hear from you or have your comment. And I am sure I have more responsibilities than a M**** like you. Its funny how what I was expecting came through before I can wink. Yet I am told.... :wink: This is my last post to you.

Braandan
13th April 2006, 04:57 PM
How funny!!
This is real fun!

"Offspring of an ex-convict"- you think if one is a person living/working in one country, he belongs to that country?

"Real objective in seasonal hubbing"... Madam I have been hubbing before you came in many years ago... this is only my latest avatar.

I know all the history right from Leeds university..

"unhappy English counterparts".. of me?
I am laughing my guts out...

What a paranoid person you are! You are a psychiatry student's delight!

goodsense
13th April 2006, 05:10 PM
I wonder whether those people who claim to be spiritualist and do spiritual healing need psychiatric help according to ... here. And many of you already know the crimes (including theft, burglary etc. )that were committed against me during those periods that caused those stress levels, well documented elsewhere and in old hub, no need to repeat them here although some people are striving to ressurect confusion here for those who don't know (the new hubbers who will quickly know since they are provided with reputable sources to consult with, all of which will only work to my benefit (contrary to what is anticipated), and woudn't take as long as it did with the old hubbers), thinking that the litle trash they write here is enough to convince anyone of the facts. Many like you came before and try to take advantage of things I could no reeal on forum, only to find later that there people I could go t and do so which reduced the degree of nuisance they were carying on with here. Good thing we have Pms. The fact that I am able to discuss these things shows.... I guess most of you have seen my signature page time and again and know who I am.

OK, people lt's continue, do sprits talk?

Yes or no? Continue to share your experience and comments about the topic. I have shared most of mine and to remind you it is from almost eight years ago - July/August of 1998. In addition to this experience the other thing I had in mind is - when thinking of something or someone. You get the feel of knowing what that person is thinking without speaking to that person and the feeling of what you should do. That person can be even in a different country. Usually, if I don't listen to these, I make mistakes or do the wrong thing. And someone had said to me, in this sense, spirits do talk, you can know if the person is happy, upset and such things.

If you have nothing to contribute or have poor reading skills, please no personal attacks or spam.

r_o_j_a
13th April 2006, 06:30 PM
it all depends on what the individual believes . personally i haven't seen one and therefore can't comment.if i see one (or even see one) which talks .. then i will let you know asap

swathy
13th April 2006, 10:09 PM
yesterday my chithi and mother discussed abt munis. munis are not evil spirits they say its amman. In those days many have seen it seems. im not sure how far it is true.

have u ever heard abt those things?

Querida
14th April 2006, 12:18 AM
I don't know about munnis...but i once went to this woman in Ipoh(Malaysia) who would pray to Amman and go into trance and tell you your future...my appa was family friends with her so yeah we went....i was sooo scared...she had the most 'enlightened' eyes thankgod she closed them when she was in trance....i remember her yawning over a lime and laughing softly we had to keep adding soodum to the vilakku...i was so scared! i remember the flame almost went out and she seemed to almost lose control....i don't ever want to do that again! :shock: and whoppity-do my tamil sucks worse when im nervous and i didn't know what to ask :roll:

Eh great i'm not gonna tell you not to do it because I wouldn't i would tell you how to do it if i knew how...but yeah google it, you'll find something.

NM
18th April 2006, 06:01 AM
Q : I remember having similar experience when i was 7yrs old. This guy who lived opposite my house was beleived to have this spirit descending onto him every now and then.. One night, he asked some people to bring a big "aruva" and he stood on the sharp edge for hours, don't know what he was mumbling ....i was too stunned to see that..... :roll:

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 06:37 AM
Whether or not spirits exist, on the topic going into trance and possesion is a very hot topic. I believe that the deep focus and concentration enables the mind to change itself to the way the person wants and sometimes it makes the person think he is like in a trance or possesed. Sometimes the mind can make itself pretty broad enough to make the person completely different from who he is. But possesions by god or guardian spirits may be real as the body is like a medium in which souls or spirits or god can enter and leave so possesion in this case are highly justified.

Relating to the experiences you people tell of, im regarded as some sort of spirit messenger and my job was to tranlslate whoever possesed the person to the people surrounding them. When i was young i thought it was fun but later on i wondered about possesions and stuff and was thinking if the stuff they say are really true. But we have to let GOD decide if this people are really possesed or is it just a way to get the message across...i dunt really know.

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 06:39 AM
Btw a popular legend(for indian villages having guardian gods like aiyanaar,madurai veeran) is that when everybody is asleep, the guardian gods either patrol the village at night in which you can hear the salangai sattam at times or they sit at their temples and watch over the village.

Anyone experienced such incidents of "saamy patrolling" before? especially people from the villages.

NM
18th April 2006, 07:04 AM
talking about kaaval....my friend experienced this when he way studying for his exams. He lived in an estate, where they had madurai veeran temple. It was beleived that madhurai veeran goes on his 'ella kaaval' rounds after 12midnight.
Well, my friend was studying very late one night and he heard a sound..like soemone riding a horse....
He peeped through his window and saw this 'man' on a 'white horse' passing by his house......he told his mother the next morning and she explained it was madhurai veeran doing his ella kaaval thing....

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 07:37 AM
If the guardian gods also came to guard the people from ridiculous panchayattu decisions it would be better :D..and about kavaal, usually i can hear salangai sattam of amman in the night walking around the house and that was once. Proves wherever we are GOD is around.

Another popular legend is that bhadrakali or mayana kali dances at the cementery at night and also does her cementery patrolling.

But if you want thrilling story, it is said Kali punishes her worshippers(the bad ones) by asking them for blood everytime and at the end fully suck their blood and lifeforce out. A infamous criminal by the name of Adrian Lim in Singapore used to savagely kill the firstborn of any family he sees and he used to cut infront of kali(he is a worshipper). Before he died i believe his lifeforce was also sucked out and his accomplices were made to hang with him, making it look like a suicide. But more frightening is the way a gangster who was about to die was acting freakishly at a hospital and ran away the next night. When they found where he was, they were shocked to see him ripped from the inside and his intestines as a garland on kali's neck(was at kali's temple). Intha mathiri yethaneiyo kathai irukku.

goodsense
18th April 2006, 08:40 AM
I recall my aunts use to say they would see white men on horses early hours of the morning. At about 3am my aunts use to be on the road waiting for a bus to get to the boat to take them to the city. It's a strange hour, but the boat leave at about 4 a.m and stops at ever Island before it gets to a port. Then there is some two hours ride to the city.

These white men on horses are believed by my aunts to be Dutch and English men who died in fights during colonial days when they used horses. My aunts would turn their faces until the horses pass by with the white men. This was time in the 60's after independence, so there was no chance of it being real(living people). This is spirit passing, not speaking, but I wonder if my aunts did not turn their faces, what would have happen!

Many people had the same experience and this was something they got use to. I guess because they had no choice to be on the dark road at that hour waiting for one bus, they would miss if the didn't stand there in good time in which case, you must be there at least 1/2 hour before the expected time of arrival. That was the only bus for the whole cost at that hour. If you miss it, you miss the boat too. The thing is women could be out there alone those hours without the fear of being attacked, not like these days.

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 09:03 AM
Well if the white men on horses did try to attack your aunts...a call to madurai veeran and those horses will gallop back in the opposite direction..:lol:..such war "ghost" sightings are quite common in singapore. When loads of british soldiers died during the japanese occupation, their spirit used to march like in parada in certain army camps. A friend serving the nation always sighted this parades by the british war "ghosts" in the wee hours of the morning. But theres a funny thing in which this parade usually starts by some blowing of a horn or a march at 6am...exact wake up time for the army men.

goodsense
18th April 2006, 09:30 AM
"Horse galloping back in the opposite direction in name of Madurai Veeran"

I had such a hearty laugh from your last post here after a little cry from the other thread.

I must warn you though, we do have a hubber by name of Madurai Veeran. He comes to hub occassionally.

I wish some of you were living around me, we would have been successful long time ago in running those English Ghost back in the opposite drection :lol: :lol: :lol: .To this day people like me have to put up with them haunting around.

Hulkster
18th April 2006, 09:39 AM
Good thing you notified me...but well the hubber should be proud as it shows even spirits fear his name. So im still safe from any defamation cases by the hubber...:D

Querida
19th April 2006, 02:19 AM
Hulkster welcome to the Hub...your avatar speaks more to the Undertaker than to Hulk (hogan/greendude) no? :P I'm just kidding but so far I've had the pleasure in reading your clear-minded posts and hope to continue to do so. :D Anyways I hear many relatives speak of Bhairaver as their guardian in Jaffna and claim to hear him bathing in the early morn.

Hulkster
19th April 2006, 05:43 AM
:lol: Thanks for your support Querida....Bhairavar is sometimes used as a guardian god for homes or in your case a village...i believe they regard him as the dog avatar of Lord shiva(Bhairavar and vairavar are same or diff?)...Bhairavar,Madurai Veeran,Aiyanaar,Karuppusaami,Jadamuni are some of the guardian gods you can at times hear them doing their "job" in the wee hours of the morning. I believe the kids or people with the third eye can actually hear them speak and also see them.

Talking about jadamuni....my friend claims he once was in a camp at his school in singapore..and during midnight or so he was going off to urinate when he saw someone smoking beedi strongly...thinking it was the guard he went inside the toilet and then came out..the smoke was so strong my friend went to the fella to cut down the smoke...only to notice a fiery dark silhouette of Jadamuni smoking...my friend fainted the next moment.

I cant really believe this because i dunt remb Jadamuni guarding schools(Singaporean Homes do have jadamuni but nobody at school prays to jadamuni or any other guardian god except for the chinese guardian tua peh kong).

I have a certain theory on muneeswaran and is various forms but i think i will discuss if all of you would like to hear it.

Querida
22nd April 2006, 12:36 AM
Talking about jadamuni....my friend claims he once was in a camp at his school in singapore..and during midnight or so he was going off to urinate when he saw someone smoking beedi strongly...thinking it was the guard he went inside the toilet and then came out..the smoke was so strong my friend went to the fella to cut down the smoke...only to notice a fiery dark silhouette of Jadamuni smoking...my friend fainted the next moment

Hey wow my father told me the same story! The same thing happened to him except he was trying hard not to fall asleep, and it was at his workplace near the railways tracks, his friend warned him about it before the shift began....he too says when he turned to his head to the side and he was hit full force with such a strong smell of beedi and they all saw his figure sauntering down the railway tracks.

azhagi
22nd April 2006, 05:20 AM
My grandmother used to tell stories of odiyans in Kerala.It seemss they were people who could take any form.Once such a person had taken the form of a tree branch.IT is common to see gates of houses made with tree branches in Kerala.So this particular branch had made itself as part of the gate,it seems.Then my grandmother 's grandfather who had this ability to recognise such cases,realised this and before entering the house,took an axe and cut the branch.The next day they saw a person walking with a broken arm....

I don't know how true this is...

Hulkster
22nd April 2006, 12:12 PM
Hmms looks like we have various types of spirits and supernatural humans on this earth...keep them coming in...maybe i can do a research on whether spirits are real or are they a disillusion caused by our mind to think they are like that?.