PDA

View Full Version : Importance of Saree

Pages : [1] 2 3

swathy
12th April 2006, 09:59 AM
Discuss abt saree/ half saree here. :lol:

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:04 AM
Half Saree .... Nostalgic memories of IG and SRC thendral ! Trichy ya oru kalakku kalakkinaanga !

swathy
12th April 2006, 10:07 AM
I like half saree very much. I had good collection of half sarees but only with kanchipuram silk skirt. thanks to my mother :-)

great
12th April 2006, 10:09 AM
:roll: what are we supposed to discuss 9 yards or 6 yards saree :lol: :lol:

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:09 AM
how many ppl wear half saree nowadays .... even in trichy, guess it has reduced ..... well in blore ... u need not ask ... i ve seen only one so far ;-)

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:11 AM
Hmn ... u can discuss anything Great ! ;-) but abt sarees

NM
12th April 2006, 10:11 AM
I'm nopt familiar with the term half saree....
I thought i've been tying saree all the while and it's abt 6mtrs long..that's all i know.. and that madisar is 9mtrs...
so what is half saree.....3 metres?? :roll: or pavadai?? :roll: :oops:

swathy
12th April 2006, 10:13 AM
yah in blr only chithals wear half saree :lol:

but last year iIn our office we had a competition "Best surprised get up"

Half sareela poi irundhen .I got first prize. :lol:

swathy
12th April 2006, 10:15 AM
Teen agerskku than nalla suit aagum but yaaru kattura

swathy
12th April 2006, 10:16 AM
I'm nopt familiar with the term half saree....
I thought i've been tying saree all the while and it's abt 6mtrs long..that's all i know.. and that madisar is 9mtrs...
so what is half saree.....3 metres?? :roll: or pavadai?? :roll: :oops:

half saree theriyadha thaavani NM

thavani potta diwali songla meera jasmine katti iruppangala adhan

bingleguy
There is a new variety of saree that is being introduced -> Silk Cotton

a mix with 60% Silk n 40% cotton !

a very good alternative to the heavy n difficult to maintain Pattu Saree !

The saree has a lot of advantages -> to name a few
-> light weight - gives u a lot of comfort
-> easy to maintain - permissible handwash - how easy know
-> Only first time Dry Wash - for double colors, just for safety
-> Variety - lots of colors n designs !

NM
maybe you could rename this to saree and blouse....then, we can also talk about allt he kinds of blouses we used to wear ... :D jannal ullathu, etc etc etc :lol:

swathy : thanks.. :D

great
:lol: :lol: :lol: NM @ your previous post

NM
12th April 2006, 10:18 AM
deleted.....thanks to great! :oops: :D

great
12th April 2006, 10:18 AM
maybe you could rename this to saree and blouse....then, we can also talk about allt he kinds of blouses we used to wear ... :D jannal ullathu, etc etc etc :lol:

swathy : thanks.. :D

I have quoted your previous post :roll: No use of editing your post :lol: :lol: :lol:

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:19 AM
yah in blr only chithals wear half saree :lol:

but last year iIn our office we had a competition "Best surprised get up"

Half sareela poi irundhen .I got first prize. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
btw adhu yaaru chitals :shock:

Congrats Swathy !

swathy
12th April 2006, 10:19 AM
bingle guy - :clap:

do u remember ajith discuss more abt sarees in the movie kadhal mannan

NM
12th April 2006, 10:20 AM
If it's silk, I love kashmir and mysore, the lighter versions. easy to tie, the pleats come out beautifully!

Otherwise, i prefer chiffon, georgette and cotton-silk anytime!

swathy
12th April 2006, 10:21 AM
Kanji potta cotton saree is my first choice.

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks Swathy !

great
12th April 2006, 10:22 AM
NM , I have edited my post.... delete your quote :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:23 AM
Kanji potta cotton saree is my first choice.

Kanji pottu cotton saree maintain panradhu romba periya kashtam .... everytime .. niraiyaa paer adha oru extra velai yaa ninaikiraanga !

great
12th April 2006, 10:23 AM
Kanghi pattu selai katti song was amazing 8-)

NM
12th April 2006, 10:24 AM
NM , I have edited my post.... delete your quote :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:great...it's great!! :lol: :lol:

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:24 AM
selaiyila veedu kattavaa sendhu vasikka

NM
12th April 2006, 10:27 AM
selaiyila veedu kattavaa sendhu vasikkaengengeiyO kaatirunthaangga, ippo sElaiyilEyE katturangalaa? land avlo velai pOle.. :roll:

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:29 AM
:lol:

NM
12th April 2006, 10:29 AM
Kanghi pattu selai katti song was amazing 8-)the other song that talks about the greatness of sarees is 'jingujak jingujak segappu coloru jingujak..' nu varumE...athaan. :D

great
12th April 2006, 10:31 AM
Kanghi pattu selai katti song was amazing 8-)the other song that talks about the greatness of sarees is 'jingujak jingujak segappu coloru jingujak..' nu varumE...athaan. :D

Actually priyardarshan , has planned to make movie on kanchipuram weavers :D

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 10:32 AM
chingu chaaaaaan ! Super song !

Selai kattum pennukoru vaasam undu
kandathundaa, kandavargal sonnathundaa !

This is also good

NM
12th April 2006, 10:35 AM
Hmm! I remember when i was in india, we went to one of the Kanjipuram silk sarees makers...we were impressed by the skills of the weavers...

great
12th April 2006, 10:38 AM
Hmm! I remember when i was in india, we went to one of the Kanjipuram silk sarees makers...we were impressed by the skills of the weavers...

yea they have very good skill.Unfortunately they are not paid properly due to some middle man :evil: and most of them are finding hard to survive :( :( thats the plight of the weavers

NM
12th April 2006, 10:42 AM
yea they have very good skill.Unfortunately they are not paid properly due to some middle man :evil: and most of them are finding hard to survive :( :( thats the plight of the weavers sad isn't it??

great
12th April 2006, 10:53 AM
yep , same thing happend for thiruppur factories and they turned out to be sick units which were revenue generators before :(

hi
12th April 2006, 11:05 AM
wowwwwwwwwww.. saree.. my fav dress :D esp.. cotton saree

NM
12th April 2006, 11:25 AM
Hi n swathy : which way of tying saree do you like? I like the normal south indian style - left shoulder mundhaanai and nowadays, i prefer to let go the mundhaanai, instead of pinning the pleats up!
I also like the Gujerati style... :D

hi
12th April 2006, 11:27 AM
Hi n swathy : which way of tying saree do you like? I like the normal south indian style - left shoulder mundhaanai and nowadays, i prefer to let go the mundhaanai, instead of pinning the pleats up!
I also like the Gujerati style... :D

I like normal.. south india style too....:D .. i don't like to pin as well

pavalamani pragasam
12th April 2006, 11:37 AM
Very long ago I wrote a kavithai on "thalaippu" ie pallu of sari. Here is its transliteration:

thalippu seythikaL

kathiyenna thalaippE un thalaiyezuththu inRu maaRiyathO
thanayan pidiththalaintha pirayam thaaNdi saRRE vittirunthathu
thaaram vantha pinnE kaikku meeNdum kidaiththa paRRukOl
thalippu seythikaL anRu mukkiya sangkathikaL allavO
kaNNai kavarum karuththu pathivukaLaay irunthanavE
nuniyai pallaal kadikkaiyil naaNam enRu koLLa
viralai suRRi thirukukaiyil thayakkam ena aRiya
lEsaay urasi senRaal athu ullaasa saminjkai
paaymaramaay kaaRRil paRanthu virinthaal puyal chinnam
varinthu munizuththu iduppil serukinaal athu
vanthu paar kaLaththukku nErukku nEr enRu savaal
kaNavanin kai thudaikka piriyamaana kaikkuttai
kaaNaamal athu pOnathanaal nattamenna naattilE
chinna chinna sythikaL chikkaamal veRumaiyE

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 11:54 AM
Ah...... nice topic.

dunno what to write..........

I HATE HALF-SAREES (never worn much except during occasions)

I AM NOT FOND OF SAREES (never wear much except occasions)

SO...... dont know much bout sarees :oops:

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 12:05 PM
Sabaash Sariyana Potti..
Lungi threadle girls involvements was restricted..

Inga naerya guys eh irukkanga..
Ithan Saree's reach

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 12:07 PM
:rotfl:

swathy
12th April 2006, 12:32 PM
PP mam excellent. :clap:

shud tie saree for this puthandu :-)

swathy
12th April 2006, 12:33 PM
Ah...... nice topic.

dunno what to write..........

I HATE HALF-SAREES (never worn much except during occasions)

I AM NOT FOND OF SAREES (never wear much except occasions)

SO...... dont know much bout sarees :oops:

ur father wont wear lungi

u wont tie saree

neenga enna anglo indian familya :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 12:54 PM
swathy, :shock:

my father wore/wears veshti (not lungi)

I aint anglo indian.

I dont think WEARING SAREE is an identity to call myself indian :shock:

swathy
12th April 2006, 12:55 PM
swathy, :shock:

my father wore/wears veshti (not lungi)

I aint anglo indian.

I dont think WEARING SAREE is an identity to call myself indian :shock:

relax relax :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 01:00 PM
:P

:oops:

Ive fought with too many on this issue.

My aunt used to ask me now its fine....... when u get married u need to tie saree........

I got married to a guy WHO SAID " I AM FINE WITH U NOT WEARING SAREES"

I made my mother in law say....... "its fine not to wear sarees" :D :wink:

If i go to my parents place MY MOM would love to see me in saree, so for her sake I would wear one day.

Then aunt used to say "what u become 30 plus...... u need to switch to saree"

I have not.

Now ppl ask........ after 40........ 50...... wont u wear saree?

I still say.............. "I WILL NOT"

I am comfortable with what I wear. I AM NEVER EVER comfortable with sarees. :oops:

so...... guess even if i would die at 60 or 70 I would die wearing suits....... never sarees :roll: :|

P_R
12th April 2006, 01:02 PM
Haven't seen anyone on whom Saree doesn't look good (or at least worse than other type of clothes). Something quaintly attractive about it. Traditional silk is quite overrated. IMO the soft feel sarees look really good (I don't know what material they actually are.... to use a carpentry term: they have a very smooth finish)

swathy
12th April 2006, 01:02 PM
good . keep it up :clap:

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 01:05 PM
PR

chiffons, are the trend now.
its soft and elegant too.

swathy,

Do I find sarcasm in ur post :?: :P :roll:

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 01:08 PM
Enakku Saree pidikum..
Aanaaaa.......

swathy
12th April 2006, 01:41 PM
PR

chiffons, are the trend now.
its soft and elegant too.

swathy,

Do I find sarcasm in ur post :?: :P :roll:

:roll:
JK. dont take it serious . :D

swathy
12th April 2006, 02:14 PM
history of saree

http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/attire/saree/sari_story.htm

terminator
12th April 2006, 02:16 PM
History of Saree

Swathy akka kalakkuringa..

i am thinking to open a thread "Importance of Jeans" :roll:

swathy
12th April 2006, 02:16 PM
History of Saree

Swathy akka kalakkuringa..

i am thinking to open a thread "Importance of Jeans" :roll:

I like Jeans also :D

terminator
12th April 2006, 02:18 PM
My contribution to the thread :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saree

swathy
12th April 2006, 02:20 PM
[tscii:c48f54e957]A saree is not a dress. It is just fabric which needs to be draped in a particular way to achieve the fully dressed effect.

Sarees are available in a number of fabrics like pure silks, cottons and synthetics in various colors and are embellished with embroidery, gold thread work or zari, painting, cutwork and appliqué work. [/tscii:c48f54e957]

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 03:00 PM
WOW!!! A thread on one of my fav. attires (even tho its one tat I can never wear! :P :lol: )
Tks for starting this thread, Swathy! :notworthy:
Incidentally, lungi thread vanthu konjum male-dominated-a thonitha, Saree pathi 'independent' thread start pannarthuku?! :wink: :D
Neways, weird tho it may seem, I jus love Sarees! :D Not bcos of ther association w/ tradition etc. but bcos of their sheer beauty/elegance! 8-)
Altho I became crazy abt them only recently, like last 4-5 yrs (seems like a wrong time, considering tat they hav fewer admirers now! :(), I've always thot Sarees were nice since my childhood......provided worn properly of course!
Abt the styles, altho the gujju style 'Seedha pallu' is becoming popular these days, I like the 'Nivi' style, ie. the common way it is worn.....I love the way the pallu falls at the back behind the shoulder.....wen u walk in a breeze, it flutters behind u like a flag! :)
And I hate madisars, totally robs the elegance of the Sari!
And personally, I dont like Sarees worn low on the hips or w/ low-cut blouses as I feel tat tends to take more attention than the actual Saree itself!
Ther is one CMR shopping mall here, the biggest in Vizag.....wenever my mum & I go shopping ther (tho usually b4 sum occasion/wedding), we go to the Saree section on the 2nd floor......& I feel more excited to be ther than my mum...I keep looking at more Sarees than even she does! :lol:
Infact I hardly even feel like leaving tat secn. after we r done & abt to move on to the other secns. in the mall! :D
Reg. materials, no offence again but I'm not tat fond of pattu/pure silk ones! They r much too heavy & unsuitable for our weather.....
I like the crepe silk ones the most! They look almost like pattu Sarees at a distance & hav the same elegance but they r lighter (& so more convenient to wear I think)......I used to find many of these wen in Singapore.....managed to buy 30 of them for my mum for a steal ther! :D
But otherwise, I like the ordinary 'fancy' Sarees, the synthetic ones tat r worn everyday......I like the feel of them & they come in so many diff. colours, shades, patterns.....! :D
But I dont like those tat r too transparent (inc. chiffons & many of the desginer Sarees!) as wen worn, the Saree wud again be given attention for a wrong reason! :oops:
And altho Sarees wud look good on ne woman, IMO they r best suited for the 'average' Indian woman rather than the too slim ones.....
And as for Sarees not felt comfy/convenient nowdays, well, I dont mean to offend neone who think so but personally think its bcos many girls/young women today r not habituated to wearing them regularly unlike the previous gens.....they wear it like, mostly for occasions/functions.....so every time they wear it, I guess it feels 'new' to them as its sumthing tat they r not used to.....so I guess its natural to feel uncomfy/inconvenient in it...
My mum said she felt so even wen she began wearing Saree (45 yrs ago!), she had to as a rule in Madras Med. college (in those days)......but not nemore once she got used to it.:)

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 03:03 PM
Enakku Saree pidikum..
Aanaaaa.......
Neenga enikkum kattika mudiyathu! Yea, same here! :P :D

Oh yea, forgot to mention in my previous post- I like 1/2 sarees too.....I think girls looks cute in them.....but am a Saree fanatic first; I think nothing beats their elegance/vibrance! :D
Btw, a qsn. to the girls here if u dont mind- Saree I agree may be inconvenient/uncomfy (unless u r used to it) but I think 1/2 Saree isnt tat uncomfy/difficult to handle? The dhavani is much shorter than Saree in length so podavai kattara mathiri avolo nerum onnum agatahu....illeya?
So how come this has become even rarer than Sarees now (even in the South, its not worn in the north of course)? :?

Oh, and tat reminds me of one more qsn.- r married women allowed to wear 1/2 Saree? I thot it was only for unmarried or teenage girls.....but our maid used to wear only 1/2 Sarees even tho shez married & a mother so mus be like in 30s....altho now she wears only Sarees.
We had another maid b4 who also was married but wore only 1/2 Sarees....my mother told me many maids prefer to as its easier to work in....but wen I asked if tat was allowed for married women (as far I knew eariler, girls who wore 1/2 Saree wud switch to Saree once married), my mother said it is very much allowed in their community....only Salwars arent....

swathy
12th April 2006, 03:07 PM
Lamby :clap:

I hardly wear sarees but still I love sarees.

I was so lean before so I tie only cotton sarees. Now I have put on weight so I shud try on other materials also.

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 03:28 PM

I hardly wear sarees but still I love sarees.
Tks Swathy! :D

Glad to hear tat u luve Sarees, but, well.....'hope u dont mind me telling u this, but if u wan2 continue loving them, u'll hav to feel comfy in them....so I'd advice u to try & wear them as often as possible......maybe for a start at home atleast, if not outside.....or else I'm sure they'll only feel more & more uncomfy w/ time....since u've got to learn how to walk, 'carry' urself around in them etc.....so best to hav sum practice or else each time u wear them will feel like the 1st time!
How do I know u may wonder? Bcos I felt the same way wearing veshti/lungi initially! :lol:

I was so lean before so I tie only cotton sarees. Now I have put on weight so I shud try on other materials also.
Cotton, u mean the ones tat hav to be starched?? Eyah....I dont like those either! They feel rough enuff to cut ur skin, & so stiff w/ the starch (& they hav to be starched)!
I rem. once my mother & I went to this exibition wen we wer in Hyd.....ther wer many of these starchy cotton Sarees for sale, it seems they had sum handloom work on them or sumthin......but wen I touched one, I thot, its so stiff......how cud neone (esp. women) wear these, tat too in summer!
I then sarcastically muttered to my mum "chah! Ithu-enna, podavaiya paper-aa? Ithu mele theniyum news print panni padikilam pollerku!"
Of course the other ppl. around didnt understand me! :P

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 03:32 PM
Guys ... Thespian Kannada actor Dr.Raj Kumar is no more, may his sould rest in peace !

Sanguine Sridhar
12th April 2006, 03:33 PM
[tscii:8670b97609]A saree is not a dress. It is just fabric which needs to be draped in a particular way to achieve the fully dressed effect.

Sarees are available in a number of fabrics like pure silks, cottons and synthetics in various colors and are embellished with embroidery, gold thread work or zari, painting, cutwork and appliqué work. [/tscii:8670b97609]

Wow!! :clap: Idhukku munnadi Saree viyabaram panni kittu irrundheengala!! :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 04:09 PM
Saree is one of the most uncomy dress for foll reawsons

* its sick to be worn during hot climates........ alas......... its the dress of india which is a HUMID COUNTRY

* its to be worn with BLOUSE WHICH IS CHOCKING TIGHT......... that u hardly breathe

* u always need to be conscious as to where what is exposed or what would fall off :oops:

* It has to be worn with lehenga or inskirts, which would choke ur body at yet another place otherwise than blouse :oops:
(its like killing a person twice)

* to be worn STRICTLY by ppl with good figure/slim figure or trim figure (I had always been a plump teenager and...... still am a plump woman........ so ....... noway........ I feel I look atleast kinda presentable in other attires)

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 04:25 PM
I dont get that word

* its sick to be worn during hot climates........ alas......... its the dress of india which is a HUMID COUNTRY
Tis never sick to be worn at humid times ! cotton is meant for hot climates .....

* its to be worn with BLOUSE WHICH IS CHOCKING TIGHT......... that u hardly breathe
It depends ... indha kaalathula dhaan anga anga jannal vekkiraangalae .... tight a potta moochu dhana pudikkum ...

* u always need to be conscious as to where what is exposed or what would fall off :oops:
Ys ... btw does it never matter to girls when they wear a short shirt n they sit on bikes (i dont have to say beyond this)
oops ... they wear it for that purpose is it ? hahahah funny

* It has to be worn with lehenga or inskirts, which would choke ur body at yet another place otherwise than blouse :oops:
Hahahah so u feel tis better to wear a slim Tee without anything? wats this yaar ? inskirt is tehre to prevent ur body from the property of the saree .... Jean/Pyjama is another skin on ur body !

* to be worn STRICTLY by ppl with good figure/slim figure or trim figure (I had always been a plump teenager and...... still am a plump woman........ so ....... noway........ I feel I look atleast kinda presentable in other attires)

Says who ! Saree is the only attire that suites anybody n everybody instead of Jean or (probably chudidhar is an exception) whic probably needs physique to suit ......

dsath
12th April 2006, 04:32 PM
I think Sari brings out feminism in a beautiful and graceful way.
If you are used to wearing it every day, then may be the comfort factor increases.
What i like about sari is its flexibility. You can get any look you want to with a sari.
I like half sari as well but my mom never brought me one. The one set i owned was a gift from my grandma which i was allowed to wear only once. :(

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 04:36 PM
bad day for u bg.

u started irritating sp :P :D

I dont get that word

Dont u make spelloz :roll: :|

Tis never sick to be worn at humid times ! cotton is meant for hot climates .....

Yeah......... cotton is fine.......... yet a cotton salvar is like BREATHING EASY... cotton ghagras more eazy......... cotton skirts and blouses......... more easy.......... cotton pyjammas, cotton kurtis and loose trousers much more easy............... WHY would someone want saree... when she has so many options?

It depends ... indha kaalathula dhaan anga anga jannal vekkiraangalae .... tight a potta moochu dhana pudikkum ...

:roll: athu sari............

Ys ... btw does it never matter to girls when they wear a short shirt n they sit on bikes (i dont have to say beyond this) oops ... they wear it for that purpose is it ? hahahah funny

ah........ I just said MY VIEW............. not any mod teenager's view who refuses to wear saree. AND no sir........ id ont resort to wearing anythign which u mentioned. I am much beyond that age.

Hahahah so u feel tis better to wear a slim Tee without anything? wats this yaar ? inskirt is tehre to prevent ur body from the property of the saree .... Jean/Pyjama is another skin on ur body !

VASANTH :evil: :mad:

I just said the dress is made that way, NECESSARY TO BE WORN THAT WAY.......... AND I FEEL ITS SO SUFFOCATING AND CHOCKING.

Says who ! Saree is the only attire that suites anybody n everybody instead of Jean or (probably chudidhar is an exception) whic probably needs physique to suit ......

yup salvar is the ONLY exception........ and makes any woman presentable whatever physique she has.

IT makes a plump person presentable, MUCH MORE THAN A SAREE.

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 04:41 PM
Well, altho many point this out I cant see how tight jeans & Tees r considered ne better in the same HUMID COUNTRY either.....:?
Btw, I thot the principle of Saree is suited specially for hot countries? Its supposed to circulate air, being a loose, wrap around dress.....unless u mean pure silk ones of course!

Then no need to stitch it tight....infact at one point (around 40s or 50s) they used to wear it w/ loose & long blouses......in sum parts of the north women even wore Sarees w. shirts!

Western dresses also expose part of the chest (polite term) & low hip jeans r even worse.....esp. wen they sit! :oops:
Sarees can be worn either in provocative or in the most conservative way, depending on the wearer's atittude......u can even cover urself fully by draping the pallu over both ur shoulders.......I had an English teacher who wore it tat way (she was muslim).....
Didnt get wat u mean by fall off tho.....:?

Feels the same even while wearing pants or tight jeans.....

:lol: Actually SP, its exactly the opposite- to be worn STRICTLY by ppl. (I mean women) w/ buxom figure or plump figure......it suits them the best......slim & trim women dont hav tat appeal in Sarees at all.....most of the Western women celebs./models who wear them look like they're draped in bedsheets/curtains! :lol:
Slim women look better in other outfits (inc. western) ones.....

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 04:43 PM
hahahah Shakthi ... i very well know that i am begg to say certain things that might irritate u ... but need arises for that ... we do make spellos ... but really i didnt get that word, what u were trying to say tehre ?!

When cotton salwars are feeling easy, then why not cotton sarees ... funny yaar ! I know u speak in a point of Salwar ... but i strongly take on ppl speaking jeans better that saree... so i dont have much against u ;-)

Well u dont have such attires ... i totally agree that salwars give u comfort ... office goers ! ys .. totally agree .. that doesnt mean that sarees are uncomfy n bad n not suited for office envi ...

Cmon Shakthi ..... support salwars ... i dont mind ... but by no chance that it degrades saree ! :-)

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 04:47 PM
yup salvar is the ONLY exception........ and makes any woman presentable whatever physique she has.

Really? How cud tat be, wen its tighter than a Saree (esp. the kurta bit)? :?
In case of plump women atleast, if they wore Sarees, u cud say they r plump....but if they wore Salwars u wud feel like calling them fat....& no need to tell wat if they wore pants/jeans....!

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 04:51 PM
tis not ur day Shakthi ! :lol:

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 04:56 PM
but i strongly take on ppl speaking jeans better that saree...
Same here! :evil:
I jus donno if I shud laugh or :roll: wen I come across girls living in India who say jeans r more comfy then sarees (or even salwars, SP!).....how cud tat be?! :huh:

i totally agree that salwars give u comfort ... office goers ! ys .. totally agree .. that doesnt mean that sarees are uncomfy n bad n not suited for office envi ...
No of course not! Who says sarees r unsuitable for office goers??
C'mon, neone who lives or has lived in India wud've seen loads of working women who still wear Sarees everyday.....inc. those who commute by buses!
My mother always wears them to work, at school most of my teachers wore them, & even many staff in the 'traditional' offices (viz. govt., etc.) still wear them.....so I for one find it weird wen I come across ppl. who say tat Sarees cannot be worn by working women at all! :? :roll:
So I wonder "wat abt these individuals whom u see at bus-stops & offices? R they not working (sum of them may not!) or r they not women? R they physically diff. from gen. X/Y?"

Cmon Shakthi ..... support salwars ... i dont mind ... but by no chance that it degrades saree ! :-)
Its not salwar tat degrades Saree but the present day films & media tat project it as a 'sexy' dress! :evil:

goodsense
12th April 2006, 04:58 PM
Talking about plump and fat reminds me of something. One guy said he went on a blind date. before he met the date he asked her what she would be wearing and her size. She said that she is just a bit plumpy. The guy said when the car drove up to where he was waiting for her, as she came out the car he saw a body that fits a size 18.

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 05:02 PM

Um....I might mention at this point tat I dont intend to corner SP w/ my comments or nething.....jus hope this is a healthy argument wher each of us jus brings out the good points we hav to offer! :D

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 05:02 PM
Bulls Eye lamby ! Perfect point out ! Ys .. tis the media that is doing the poisonous activity !

Well office goers prefer both saree n salwar ... i had supported that both are comfy !

jean is not a boon, tis infact worse ! for a HOT country ! i dont see anything comfortable .. n that too u shld see ppl wearing here ... ahhahaha tight tight tight ... so tight, skin tight ....
i pray that it shld not become so tight that one day it bursts.......

Jeans in no way could replace sarees !

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 05:04 PM
jean is not a boon, tis infact worse ! for a HOT country ! i dont see anything comfortable .. n that too u shld see ppl wearing here
Here in the sense? B'lore (if tats wher ur based?)

i pray that it shld not become so tight that one day it bursts.......
Jeans in no way could replace sarees !
Or- I might add- even veshtis/lungis? :wink:

Imight add tat even fashion designers r actually defacing the Saree rather than giving it wat they claim as a facelift! :roll:
They've made it look as a kind of dress tat only 'tat' type of women (know wat I mean?) wud be expected to wear! Chah! Total disgrace!
And they r paid so high for their work......most cases its just drape a Saree over a bikini, make it show the most of skin & bingo! U hav a design concept tat u can name as tradition + style, traditional + sexy or wat not......! :roll: :evil:

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:04 PM
goodsense :lol:

lambretta, vasanth

:( :mad: guess its not my day. yup

vasanth, the word was 'uncomfy'

hey anyway, i do support salvars, i would live in it, till i die.

but i dont degrade saree. I just feel, ITS so..... suffocating from my point of view. thats it.

Its the toughest attire to wear, invent, present, and carry :roll:

hats off to those who designed
those who formulated
ANDDDDDDD
THOSE WHO SPORT IT OR WEAR IT.

but........ just count me out..... of this saree business.
I am happy giving a standing ovation to them and say.........."wowwwww ur saree is pretty or u are gorgeous."

thankyou sir :D

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 05:05 PM

Um....I might mention at this point tat I dont intend to corner SP w/ my comments or nething.....jus hope this is a healthy argument wher each of us jus brings out the good points we hav to offer! :D

Cmon lamby ! i didnt mean that ! Tis been only a few times .. infact less than that, that anybody has commented on shakthi's posts .... infact i thought twice before doing that ! well i meant that shakthi also has been looked upon at ... nothn else !

This s definitely a healthy argument ! dont worry ...

Shakthi is more a Guru for me n ofcourse Arthi ;-)
I respect her mmuch more !

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:07 PM
Shakthi is more a Guru for me n ofcourse Arthi ;-)
I respect her mmuch more !

pullarikkuthu :P

I wonder what u guys find or found in me to give me such elevation. I hope it does not crumble some day :(

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 05:12 PM
goodsense :lol:
Its the toughest attire to wear, invent, present, and carry :roll:

Tis the easiest attire(they have not taught u properly ;-) ) to wear ! very comfy, invent(it was the best of innovation)
present(there are many different varieties in which a saree can be worn
carry(so heavy than a JEAN ?????)

hats off to those who designed
those who formulated
ANDDDDDDD
THOSE WHO SPORT IT OR WEAR IT.

Good ! HOpe u r not sarcastic ;-)
There are ppl who spoil it (esp the cine industry with all jannal n doors ... n showing the attire se*y and wet n all idiotic ways which is somebody's personal stuff !

but........ just count me out..... of this saree business.
I am happy giving a standing ovation to them and say.........."wowwwww ur saree is pretty or u are gorgeous."

thankyou sir :D

I know u talked in the point of salwars .... :-)
Well u have to praise them .... :-) good that u want to be in a distance in praise ... believe me ... someone may say the same thing to u ... when u wear a saree !

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 05:14 PM
ok guys ... am starting ... hope i reach home safely without any issues ... pray for me to reach home safely !

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 05:17 PM
Crumble? I think not SP! :lol:

Neways, agree.....u hav ur own reasons for ur um....minimal interest in Sarees....but all the same, I'm not against Salwars either.....altho I frankly dont find them attractive at all, I do respect them for the fact tat its a decent attire.....

But u know, I really wonder at most of the youth (ie. who call themselves "modern" jus if they wear jeans/western dresses) who claim tat tight jeans & skin tight tees in this hot weather r more comfy than Sarees (or salwars!).....I swear they r lying! cos therez no way wat they claim can be possible! considering esp. tat womens' skin is more sensitive than men's!
Its individuals like them whom I get psyched out by, not jus ne woman who doesnt prefer wearing Sarees.....watever her reason/s may be! :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:22 PM
Tis the easiest attire(they have not taught u properly ;-) )

Beware, I am gonna come to ur office in disguise and hit u black n blue..... :evil: :twisted:

carry(so heavy than a JEAN ?????)

WAs that a joke????????? :roll: :P

... someone may say the same thing to u ... when u wear a saree

oh yeah...... heard it. lot of times :oops:
Still I prefer my comfort than praises for how i look :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:24 PM
Its individuals like them whom I get psyched out by, not jus ne woman who doesnt prefer wearing Sarees.....watever her reason/s may be! :)

:roll: :| :( :| :huh: :P

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 05:28 PM
A question to swathy

(ithu thaan vambai vilaikku vangurathu enbathu :oops: )

swathy,

why did u name the thread as

'IMPORTANCE' of saree?

what is 'THE IMPORTANCE' of any attire?

its an attire after all.

Guess all have gone home due to rajkumar's issue. waiting for her answer :D

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:39 PM
WOW!!! A thread on one of my fav. attires (even tho its one tat I can never wear! :P :lol: )
Tks for starting this thread, Swathy! :notworthy:
Incidentally, lungi thread vanthu konjum male-dominated-a thonitha, Saree pathi 'independent' thread start pannarthuku?! :wink: :D
Neways, weird tho it may seem, I jus love Sarees! :D Not bcos of ther association w/ tradition etc. but bcos of their sheer beauty/elegance! 8-)
Altho I became crazy abt them only recently, like last 4-5 yrs (seems like a wrong time, considering tat they hav fewer admirers now! :(), I've always thot Sarees were nice since my childhood......provided worn properly of course!
Abt the styles, altho the gujju style 'Seedha pallu' is becoming popular these days, I like the 'Nivi' style, ie. the common way it is worn.....I love the way the pallu falls at the back behind the shoulder.....wen u walk in a breeze, it flutters behind u like a flag! :)
And I hate madisars, totally robs the elegance of the Sari!
And personally, I dont like Sarees worn low on the hips or w/ low-cut blouses as I feel tat tends to take more attention than the actual Saree itself!
Ther is one CMR shopping mall here, the biggest in Vizag.....wenever my mum & I go shopping ther (tho usually b4 sum occasion/wedding), we go to the Saree section on the 2nd floor......& I feel more excited to be ther than my mum...I keep looking at more Sarees than even she does! :lol:
Infact I hardly even feel like leaving tat secn. after we r done & abt to move on to the other secns. in the mall! :D
Reg. materials, no offence again but I'm not tat fond of pattu/pure silk ones! They r much too heavy & unsuitable for our weather.....
I like the crepe silk ones the most! They look almost like pattu Sarees at a distance & hav the same elegance but they r lighter (& so more convenient to wear I think)......I used to find many of these wen in Singapore.....managed to buy 30 of them for my mum for a steal ther! :D
But otherwise, I like the ordinary 'fancy' Sarees, the synthetic ones tat r worn everyday......I like the feel of them & they come in so many diff. colours, shades, patterns.....! :D
But I dont like those tat r too transparent (inc. chiffons & many of the desginer Sarees!) as wen worn, the Saree wud again be given attention for a wrong reason! :oops:
And altho Sarees wud look good on ne woman, IMO they r best suited for the 'average' Indian woman rather than the too slim ones.....
And as for Sarees not felt comfy/convenient nowdays, well, I dont mean to offend neone who think so but personally think its bcos many girls/young women today r not habituated to wearing them regularly unlike the previous gens.....they wear it like, mostly for occasions/functions.....so every time they wear it, I guess it feels 'new' to them as its sumthing tat they r not used to.....so I guess its natural to feel uncomfy/inconvenient in it...
My mum said she felt so even wen she began wearing Saree (45 yrs ago!), she had to as a rule in Madras Med. college (in those days)......but not nemore once she got used to it.:)

some pple thought we were spaming when we started talking abt sarees.

i agree totally that sarees are so totally beautiful!!!

nice, anna!

i think moderately low-cut blouses (at the back, i mean) are ok. i know that i'd never wear a western blouse which is that low-cut at the back, but it seems fine with blouses for sarees.

i've only got two sarees so far,one's cotton and the other's chiffon. and i absolutely love both. chiffon's a bit transclucent but it's fine since i wear it folded up. i think chiffon is a very good material, extremely light and flowy and very easy to wear. cotton's the best for pple who first start wearing sarees. then i think chiffon would be the next step cos it is easy to handle as well. i agree that silk is quite heavy and cumbersome.

i totally agree that sarees look good on any woman!

yeah, i agree. there isn't enuf opportunities to wear sarees and i guess when most of the other girls wear chudithars or jeans, it's hard to be the odd one out and wear a saree.

but i love wearing sarees and would wear one any time i get the opportunity to!

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:40 PM
Haven't seen anyone on whom Saree doesn't look good (or at least worse than other type of clothes). Something quaintly attractive about it. Traditional silk is quite overrated. IMO the soft feel sarees look really good (I don't know what material they actually are.... to use a carpentry term: they have a very smooth finish)

agree totally (other than when it is worn indecently!)

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:44 PM
Enakku Saree pidikum..
Aanaaaa.......
Neenga enikkum kattika mudiyathu! Yea, same here! :P :D

Oh yea, forgot to mention in my previous post- I like 1/2 sarees too.....I think girls looks cute in them.....but am a Saree fanatic first; I think nothing beats their elegance/vibrance! :D
Btw, a qsn. to the girls here if u dont mind- Saree I agree may be inconvenient/uncomfy (unless u r used to it) but I think 1/2 Saree isnt tat uncomfy/difficult to handle? The dhavani is much shorter than Saree in length so podavai kattara mathiri avolo nerum onnum agatahu....illeya?
So how come this has become even rarer than Sarees now (even in the South, its not worn in the north of course)? :?

Oh, and tat reminds me of one more qsn.- r married women allowed to wear 1/2 Saree? I thot it was only for unmarried or teenage girls.....but our maid used to wear only 1/2 Sarees even tho shez married & a mother so mus be like in 30s....altho now she wears only Sarees.
We had another maid b4 who also was married but wore only 1/2 Sarees....my mother told me many maids prefer to as its easier to work in....but wen I asked if tat was allowed for married women (as far I knew eariler, girls who wore 1/2 Saree wud switch to Saree once married), my mother said it is very much allowed in their community....only Salwars arent....

oh pls, given the option b/w a saree and a half-saree, i'm sure girls would choose to wear a saree, cos it is so much more beautiful! i myself transited straight from pattu pavadai to saree (well, i might have worn half-saree once maybe, not sure)

i think it is usually the case that married women wouldn't wear half-sarees.

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:54 PM

Really? How cud tat be, wen its tighter than a Saree (esp. the kurta bit)? :?
In case of plump women atleast, if they wore Sarees, u cud say they r plump....but if they wore Salwars u wud feel like calling them fat....& no need to tell wat if they wore pants/jeans....!

anna! i feel personally insulted cos i consider myself plump, though only very slightly (most pple don't even think i'm plump). why can't you just say that sarees make plump girls look nicer than in other types of attire. why do you have to say the person will look fat in other jean and stuff? :x

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 05:57 PM
I think Sari brings out feminism in a beautiful and graceful way.If you are used to wearing it every day, then may be the comfort factor increases.
What i like about sari is its flexibility. You can get any look you want to with a sari.
I like half sari as well but my mom never brought me one. The one set i owned was a gift from my grandma which i was allowed to wear only once. :(

agree totally!

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 06:01 PM
Talking about plump and fat reminds me of something. One guy said he went on a blind date. before he met the date he asked her what she would be wearing and her size. She said that she is just a bit plumpy. The guy said when the car drove up to where he was waiting for her, as she came out the car he saw a body that fits a size 18.

i guess some pple do stretch the word 'plump' to its limits and more (i'm guessing by size 18 you mean like xl). but that's not relevant here!

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 06:03 PM

yeah, i'd have commented on what shakthi said too. but decided against it since there has been so many comments (most of which i endorse as well) on that already

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 06:12 PM
anna! i feel personally insulted cos i consider myself plump, though only very slightly (most pple don't even think i'm plump). why can't you just say that sarees make plump girls look nicer than in other types of attire. why do you have to say the person will look fat in other jean and stuff? :x
:oops: Sorry, my bad!
'shudnt hav been tat explicit! :?
Yes tats wat I meant to say, Sarees wud suit them the best, make them look more presentable!
Oh and yea, ur signature is indeed by Swami Vivekananda. :)

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 06:17 PM
Lambretta,

dont plump guys wear pant and shirt of jeans or shirt and look..... funny?

so same holds good for guys too right

Lambretta
12th April 2006, 06:24 PM
Lambretta,

dont plump guys wear pant and shirt of jeans or shirt and look..... funny?

so same holds good for guys too right
Yup it does.....tight clothes dont suit plump guys either.....

But in case of guys it is said to be funny whereas in case of girls it is said to be lewd....

I mean to say, the effect tat it has is diff. in both the cases, even tho in both cases it seems unsuitable.....

Neways, nvr mind.....!

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 06:25 PM
:oops: Sorry, my bad!
'shudnt hav been tat explicit! :?
Yes tats wat I meant to say, Sarees wud suit them the best, make them look more presentable!
Oh and yea, ur signature is indeed by Swami Vivekananda. :)

thanks. i couldn't be sure. i found it in the swami vivekandana thread. but i felt like i had read the story before and wasn't sure if it was really one of his.

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 06:33 PM
let's get back to the topic: sarees!

i can't mention enuf times that i absolutely love sarees! i've only worn a cotton one and a chiffon one so far. i think cotton sarees are so totally comfortable. and chiffon is so light and flowy and easy to manage as well.

i love shopping for sarees. everytime i go back to india, we would all go shopping for sarees and since i'm said to have good taste, i'll choose the sarees for everyone, i.e. my mother, my aunts, my cousin sister, my grandmother, etc and i really love looking at sarees and choosing. it's real fun. :D but actually, usually the shop keep ignoring me at first, thinking i'm just a small kid who's opinion doesn't matter. it'll take some time for them to realise that my opinion is what counts really! :wink:

i'm really looking forward to this june when i'll be going to india. and my cousin sis is getting married in august. so i'll get to choose loads of sarees, and not only for others, for myself as well!!! it's be so exciting!!!

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 06:47 PM
Shooping for sarees make me remeber weird glances ive had :D

Basically i HATE TO SHOP..... for whatever reawson.
esp, if its def not of my interest, I would finish my shopping in a jiffy and wait impatiently for others (like friends, mom, aunt, or husband to finish theirs)

in most places, ppl would come to me and say
"dekho didi, dekho behen, parunga madam etc" thinking i am the buyer. Obviously i would give a disinterested look and move away, BUT IT WOULD CATCH MY HUSBAND's attention.

"hey come have a look at this na...... may be we can buy this......" so saying he would sit down........

with my impatient answer of "okei.... if u want it buy it fast and get going " :D

comin back to sarees........

ive chosen some sarees for myself at times (when the time is least) and for others(when i take some time to chose what they want)

my marriage sarees(7 sarees) I took max time in my life (one hour totally!!!!!!!!)

So, its always like........ "hey i want designer sarees."

go to the section......... ask for preferable colours and work(kind of work u want on sarees)

the shop keeper would throw 4 to 5 on first shot, i would pick one among that and walk out....... :rotfl:

the look I get......... is soooooooo hilarious ! :rotfl: :lol:

I remember oorvashi picking saree for nazer's wife in magalir mattum (may be not to that extent...... but literally thats how i shop :lol: )

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 07:02 PM
i can't believe a girl can shop like that. i thought it's usually guys who are disinterested in shopping!

Ghlli
12th April 2006, 07:21 PM
Sareee is v v v v v v vv v v v v important for my mum :banghead: she goes on holiday to india JUST to buy sarees every year :banghead:

NOV
12th April 2006, 07:27 PM
Importance of Saree
You bet it is!

f you dont believe me, ask Paanjaali
...yes, of Mahabharatha.

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 07:30 PM
nov,

:roll:

ghilli,

:D :rotfl:

fire,

:|

guess I am made like that :oops: :D

hi
12th April 2006, 07:33 PM
I remember oorvashi picking saree for nazer's wife in magalir mattum

and when she say.. it's not for me...
shopkeeper: adhu dhana pathaen :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
12th April 2006, 07:35 PM
yeah anjali :lol: :D

I loved that scene. Esp oorvashi's expression.

Very meticulously....... she would pick the first one out of the lot, without even seeing the pallu and say......... "ithaanga... pack pannidunga"

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 07:47 PM
i'd posted this in the importance of lungi thread. felt that i should post it here as well.

i really like the reply poem!

BURN THIS SARI

Burn this sari.
When I see this end
Of the sari on my shoulder..
I think of chastity a log
Hung from my neck.

It does not let me stand up straight
It presses my chest with its hands
bows me down,
teaches me shame
and whirls around me
a certain bird like confusion

It hypnotizes me telling You
You are a woman
Makes me forget I am human
It covers both my shoulders
with its own hands and flutters
announcing "See, see, this woman, she is chaste"

I feel like screaming "No, No I am not"
But my throat does not open
I am defeated by this sari
It throws me down like a whirl wind.

It is blame generations have laid on me.
The unseen patriarchal hand
This sari is the white shroud on the corpse
That is me in this culture of loot and plunder

If I've to stop being the walking dead
I've to burn this sari first
Just burn this sari.

- Jayaprabha

But the defenders of the sari are quick to add their rejoinder:

SAVE THIS SARI

Oh my beautiful sari
I love you much to tell you free
You enlighten the feminism in me
For which I should thank you much
For I am a woman first
The birth I consider the best.

When I see this end of the sari
I think of chastity enhanced by its
Long free flow.

It helps me cover my head from sun
It solaces me by wiping my tears
It straightens me to stand among the mass

And because of that it stands for generations.

If I've to stop being the walking dead
First accept womanhood is superior
Why to burn a sari?
Burn your slavery thoughts!
I need not change into a man
To become superior
And thus declaring him superior.

- S. Santha Devi.

Sinthiya
12th April 2006, 08:07 PM
i've worn a half-saree and a saree only once in my life so far...:oops:...otherwise, it's always chudithar or langas at weddings and other functions...

i don't know much about sarees....:lol:...i wear whatever my parents choose....i have them, but nowhere to wear them to...until i start wearing what i have, i'm not going to buy any more sarees....

i like 'jorgette' sarees with simple work...:roll: (i don't know if that's the right name...)...no 'pattu' saree...i need something soft, silky and simple....:)

hi
12th April 2006, 08:16 PM
during my last visit to india.. my mom.. presented me a beautiful saree.. maroon with honey color border combo.... my first saree :D :D :P

NOV
12th April 2006, 08:19 PM
ok, ok, but we are more interested in the saree that you just receved in a package from India .....
:P:P:P

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 08:20 PM
yeah, jorgette sarees with embroidery are nice. but i find that they are a bit heavy. but they look nicer than chiffon for thin girls.

Sinthiya
12th April 2006, 08:29 PM
what's the recent movie saree?
i heard about Chandramukhi sarees...???

Fire111999
12th April 2006, 08:33 PM
oh, does anyone remember the name of the saree that pothys (i think, or might be kumarans) came out with last june. sth like amirthavarshini, i think. i think it was supposed to be the name of some raagam or sth. actually, i'm not sure at all. but i'd probably remember if someone gets it right.

it's cotton silk. the speciality was in the type of jari work. some new thing that is all shiny colours.

goodsense
12th April 2006, 09:04 PM
Ever hear anything like this. I recently did my summer saree shopping and I mean with matching jewellry and purses and that. I bought four in one month. Then I went to get something else and found two other colours I also wanted, a wine and black, but with gold and whitish borders. These two are for the fall and we haven't started summer yet. Here you have to make the blouse - the material which comes with the saree. My mother use to make them, now I have to give them out. So I am a bit slow. In addition, for every new occassion, I get a new saree. Its an expensive investment with all the accessaries, but you enjoy every bit of it.

I hope I don't buy any more for a while. We women can get carried away with this kind of shopping. At last year's Diwali Mela, one woman bought many and when her husband left to go to the bathroom, she quickly bought another expensive one and didn't want him to know.

It's good to have a selection so you don't have to look for them when you need them. Chances are you don't get the colour, pattern and material to suit you when you urgently need them. I got like this over the last few years. Never mind those cheap ones I use to wear which suited my budget then. I am certainly making up for it now.

In the height of last winter, I wore a pair of trousers and loose top to attend one Sunday service. The head of the temple looked at me and was not pleased. He often says that it is not what you wear to come to temple, but the reason why you came. I guess he was referring to the shirts one or two people wear now and then. But he seems to oppose trousers. I would never do that again.

solona
13th April 2006, 03:28 AM
Saree is the best attire for Indian women
Plump or slim, tall or short, fair or dark everyone look cute in saree

I think thet even plump women look slim in saree.
I live abroad and I wear saree to all office parties, functions, banquets etc
I love them, even foreigners love saree, when I wear saree to a party, sure more than one comes and tells "what a wonderful dress you Indians have? how to tie? could you get me one?it is so gorgeous and colourful etc etc
Of course all these designer sarees etc are good and u look gorgeous in it but nothing can beat a simple Kanchipuram well tied

I LOVE SAREES more I get older more I become crazy about sarees

I have collection which grows day to day

a.ratchasi
13th April 2006, 06:39 AM
Still I prefer my comfort than praises for how i look

:thumbsup:
There you go, girl!

NM
13th April 2006, 06:41 AM
Still I prefer my comfort than praises for how i look

:thumbsup:
There you go, girl!AR...as soon as I saw yr name, inga naan gudu-gudunu vanthu paarthaa....intha one-liner thaanaa? :wink: :lol: Saree kattuvenggalaa ?:P illa jeans-a? jeans-na, antha threadku vaangga... :D

a.ratchasi
13th April 2006, 06:53 AM
Hi sis! :D

Itho yen kathai:

My saree tying experinces can be counted using both hands!
Last year, it reached reached a peak as most of my buddies either got engaged and or married. Knowing how much I 'love' being drapped in a saree, I was given the ultimatum of either attending the ocassions wearing one or risk getting ostracised!

Thus, ar was clad in saree!

3 things about saree:
*It is a hassle to drive around wearing one.
*The unwritten rule is that; you have to be adakkam odakkam
*Mobility is limited, very very limited. Climbing stairs? aarrrgghh

Surya
13th April 2006, 07:04 AM
Here's one think that'll make women running after sarees...it might have been mentioned before.

It makes u look thinner than u actually are. :huh: Meyalma!! :P

NM
13th April 2006, 07:04 AM
Thangachi! enna oru sOga kathai!! :lol: :lol:

I love tying saree, been doing that since I was 13 :D .
I just have to wear saree when i'm attending a wedding or engagement or going to a temple..
I know driving is not easy with saree esp if you let the mundhaanai hang loose but you get used to it :D
Climbing stairs...that reminds me - on myu first degree graduation day in the UK, i tied the saree all by myself (my parents were in malaysia :cry: ), and was keeping my fingers crossed that i don't trip and fall on the stage :oops:
Adakkam/ odakkam? :lol: :lol: yeah...

But i really salute people who're in saree the whole day! :D

a.ratchasi
13th April 2006, 10:03 AM
Climbing stairs...that reminds me - on myu first degree graduation day in the UK, .... and was keeping my fingers crossed that i don't trip and fall on the stage :oops:
Adakkam/ odakkam? :lol: :lol: yeah...

Sis, that reminds me of my own graduation. :lol: :lol: On one side, I was straining to hear my name being called upon. On the other, :lol: :lol:

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 11:41 AM
i've only worn a saree twice before. but i loved it both times! and i am eagerly looking forward to the next occasion when i can wear a saree! which would probably be for my cousin sis's wedding this august.

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2006, 12:02 PM
Fire,

come to india.
ur cousins wedding i am told is during MAY OR JUNE in chennai (SUMMER TIME in chennai)

wear pattu saree...........

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D :D :D

just joking fire. Have fun. Sweet to see so many likin sarees.

a.r,

:D :P

rami
13th April 2006, 12:12 PM
I love sarees and my hubby loves me wearing it.. But after my d day I have worn saree on very few occasions. Totally 5 or 6 times in all 3 years..
1. Its very uncomfortable to do chores with saree
2. Saree and my son(1 yr)... Its very difficult for me to hold my son when I am wearing saree..
3. I am not able to move around freely..
4. Its a real hot attire.. U sweat a lot when u wear a saree..
5. When it comes taking things from loft .. I have to call someone for help...

Salwar Vazhga.. Nighty vazhga...

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 12:17 PM
Saree ya patti ivlo deep ah discussion ah?

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 12:21 PM
Fire,

come to india.
ur cousins wedding i am told is during MAY OR JUNE in chennai (SUMMER TIME in chennai)

a.r,

aiyooo! of course a/c hall! so no prob!

i'm looking forward to the mangoes as well!!! when i went to india last june, mangoes made up all my meals!

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2006, 12:33 PM
Fire,

come to india.

a.r,

aiyooo! of course a/c hall! so no prob!

i'm looking forward to the mangoes as well!!! when i went to india last june, mangoes made up all my meals!

Lst year my cousin got married. sometime during june end :D

I had, with great interest and desire packed my sarees and my daughter's ghagras and came to chennai. On stepping chennai, I was frustrated to exp the heat, and wondered how am I gonna enjoy my saree show.

They tried earnestly for a/c hall, they could not get one, cause marriage happned with less notice of time.

The best part is yet to come. They had booked a hall, which was near their house (since commuting woulld be easier, also the only one available at short notice)

Hall was big, good, decent, large and numerous rooms, NON-AC......... (thats okei)....... but...........

It was a big mantapam, which had MARRIAGE OR FUNCTION AT 3RD FLOOR, LODGING AND ROOMS AT SECOND FLOOR, FOOD AND RECEPTION AT GROUND FLOOR...........and NO LIFT.......... WOWWWWW

:rotfl: :rotfl:

We all were DEAD TIRED, wearing those heavy sarees in june summer, walkin up and down for food, and rooms and function.........phewwwwwwwwwwwww................. ..

The night after wedding was over, i got into the train........ and at 6.00 am next day MY BANGALORE WELCOMED WITH ME ITS COOOOOOOOOL BREEEZE. It was HEAVEN.

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2006, 12:38 PM
1. Its very uncomfortable to do chores with saree

tell me bout it :roll:

2. Saree and my son(1 yr)... Its very difficult for me to hold my son when I am wearing saree..

aaa!!

3. I am not able to move around freely..

:D

4. Its a real hot attire.. U sweat a lot when u wear a saree..

U BET!!!!!!! :mad: :evil:

Atlaaaaaaaaaaaast someone to talk what I understand :roll:

Salwar Vazhga.. Nighty vazhga

Raami vazhga.. raami vaazhga

anyway raami, i think ur dislike or discomfort is for temporary period, once ur son is on his own, I think u may regain ur saree liking again :)

swathy
13th April 2006, 12:57 PM
Tks Swathy! :D

Glad to hear tat u luve Sarees, but, well.....'hope u dont mind me telling u this, but if u wan2 continue loving them, u'll hav to feel comfy in them....so I'd advice u to try & wear them as often as possible......maybe for a start at home atleast, if not outside.....or else I'm sure they'll only feel more & more uncomfy w/ time....since u've got to learn how to walk, 'carry' urself around in them etc.....so best to hav sum practice or else each time u wear them will feel like the 1st time!
How do I know u may wonder? Bcos I felt the same way wearing veshti/lungi initially! :lol:

yah I understand. I should try atleast once in a month.

Cotton, u mean the ones tat hav to be starched?? Eyah....I dont like those either! They feel rough enuff to cut ur skin, & so stiff w/ the starch (& they hav to be starched)!
I rem. once my mother & I went to this exibition wen we wer in Hyd.....ther wer many of these starchy cotton Sarees for sale, it seems they had sum handloom work on them or sumthin......but wen I touched one, I thot, its so stiff......how cud neone (esp. women) wear these, tat too in summer!
I then sarcastically muttered to my mum "chah! Ithu-enna, podavaiya paper-aa? Ithu mele theniyum news print panni padikilam pollerku!"
Of course the other ppl. around didnt understand me! :P[/quote]

:lol: but it will be too good after wearing. the major problem is maintenance :cry:

Querida
14th April 2006, 01:35 AM
(sigh) where was i when this thread began? now i am just a nodder...yes i love sarees..i love shopping for them...funny my friends/mom come to trust me on designs...though i hate shopping/window shopping for anything else....some are really too much too bright colouring/design...some are way tooo glittery...but some of the oddest colours look so good on women! but i love the ones which are simple and beautiful design...i wore one for an engagement very simple light deep coffee/purple with muted gold curlicue design...everyone said what's this why no sparkle? I loved it...it looks so elegant..i saw this one with patches of soft furry design..."i was like maa look new carpet" :P I would wear one everyday except my mom thinks im crazy...i would love changing into one in the evening like they do in M'asia....the first one i wore was too heavy...i don't like half-sarees...here alot of gurls wear them...but i hate that they are too see-through, besides have to keep shifting, shifting making it looks just right....i wore guju style once..but too shy it shows too much...actually i like saree cause can tie it conservatively and not look dowdy....well except your wearing the ones that ayar-ladies wear..they look odd and stuffy...

ssanjinika
14th April 2006, 01:39 AM
I love to wear sarees..but as rami pointed out I never wear them except for some spl occasions which are even less out here.I cant wear saree for a long period..it is def uncomfortable.
hey how about the madisar..what are your thoughts on that mode of tying the saree.Ive worn it only twice and both times some one had to tie it for me.Its extremely complicated !!

Querida
14th April 2006, 01:44 AM
hey how about the madisar..what are your thoughts on that mode of tying the saree.Ive worn it only twice and both times some one had to tie it for me.Its extremely complicated !!

true you do get tired wearing it a long time (one of SP :P )

that's what i meant madisar..not only does it look complicated it looks unkempt...maybe if it's tied properly it won't?

ssanjinika
14th April 2006, 01:49 AM
well Q..tied properly its def neat..dunno about it looking good though.Have heard various opinions abt it :P.Some people love it ,some think it exposes quite a bit of skin and some simply hate it :).
I for one was just glad to get out of it both the times.Def not my most fav way of tying the saree :)

swathy
14th April 2006, 10:40 AM
thamizh puthandai munnittu indru naan pudavaiyil :D

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 11:01 AM
:clap: kalakiteenga swathy

great
14th April 2006, 11:04 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: @ this thread :|

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 11:06 AM
yenna aachu great

great
14th April 2006, 11:08 AM
yenna aachu great

I went through few postings :o athan :rotfl:

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 11:10 AM
oho .... hmn ,....

swathy
14th April 2006, 12:31 PM
:clap: kalakiteenga swathy

Nandri.

When I entered office, I saw a guy in veshti adhuvum varinju katti konjam confuse aayitten namma office thanannu :lol:

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 12:35 PM
naan varalaam nnu ninaichen ! aanaal ... prachanai yedhuvum varakoodaadhunnu saadhaarnama vandhutten !

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 12:48 PM
I love sarees and my hubby loves me wearing it.. But after my d day I have worn saree on very few occasions.
:? D-day aana Wedding day-aa?? :lol:
do u call it so bcos u had to wear a Saree thruout tat day?! :lol:

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 12:56 PM
Mm hm.....athu kandipa porathu! :D
I reckon u'll need to try making tat atleast once in a week to be able to start calling it comfortable...:)
Like weekends atleast, wen u can be at home for the whole day....?

:lol: but it will be too good after wearing. the major problem is maintenance :cry:
Yes a real task to mantain.....!
Still, I wudnt really find cotton starched sarees suitable for younger women.....:?
Wudnt the synthetic fancy Sarees (the cheaper ones, wich r worn everyday) look/feel much better? I like the feel of those......'keep taking out one from my mother's wardrobe & feeling it against my face every now & then! :P

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 01:11 PM
I would wear one everyday except my mom thinks im crazy...
Quite opp. to here wher if u didnt wear one everyday ur mom wud think ur crazy..:P :)

i wore guju style once..but too shy it shows too much...
Yes, tats true.....also IMO it doesnt look like a Saree tat way, looks more like a ghagra/lehenga....!
But my sis luvs to wear Sarees tat way.....esp. if the pallu has ne design on it.....but I think the 'nivi' style is the best bcos it can be adjusted in many ways as u like, unlike the regional styles....& also the pallu falling behind ur shoulder has the look of a cloak, so it looks royal too! Esp. in case of a silk/crepe silk Saree!
Plus u got to luv the way it flutters like a flag wen u walk in a breeze blowing towards u or even wen ur standing under a fan!
Oohh......tat is like, simply fascinating!!! :D
*sigh* Oh well.....pity abt those who dont like Sarees....(kidding!! :P)

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 01:28 PM
I reckon u'll need to try making tat atleast once in a week to be able to start calling it comfortable...:)

Still, I wudnt really find cotton starched sarees suitable for younger women.....:?
Wudnt the synthetic fancy Sarees (the cheaper ones, wich r worn everyday) look/feel much better? I like the feel of those......'keep taking out one from my mother's wardrobe & feeling it against my face every now & then! :P

i think cotton is good for starting out with. it's more comfortable and easier to handle though difficult to maintain. but not too starched ones.

what do u mean by the cheaper ones for synthethic fancy sarees. my sis and cousin sis buy them for abt Rs.2000. the only chiffon one i have costed Rs.2300. definitely, cotton sarees are cheaper right, only around Rs.800 to Rs.1000. or are u comparing it with silk sarees?

and that's too much anna! i know i do that, but i didn't think guys would do that!

digr: are u a kamal fan?!?

rachel
14th April 2006, 01:35 PM
saree is a ridiculous costume invented by tamils.

first of all you need a lot of practice and patience to wear saree.

blouse should be tight. :evil:
we have to wear long skirt underneath. :evil:
we have to keep thavani in front of blouse always.
when we sit we have to be so careful.
it's hard to walk.
we have to leave middle part of the body exposed :evil:
very hard to manage :evil:

my first experience with saree was so horrible :evil: ...although it looked good on me.. :)

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 01:58 PM
what do u mean by the cheaper ones for synthethic fancy sarees. my sis and cousin sis buy them for abt Rs.2000.
Um.....I'm confused now.....synthetic Sarees for 2000??! :shock:
OK jus did a long google search & found sum pics.....these r the ones I meant, wich r worn as everyday wear:

http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/attire/saree/11427.htm

http://www.indiangarment.com/myshop/justout/20saree.php3

Altho the prices shown in this site r in US$, they r much cheaper of course.....my mother said between Rs. 150-200! Wich is y they r worn everyday I guess......I like them more in red, darker colours ep. black! But w/ designs/patterns on them, else they'd look boring & even too transparent! :oops:
I like these the most bcos they r softer/lighter than cotton/silk sarees & also bcos they indicate beauty in simplicity & I feel give a more 'honest' & 'innocent' image......silk/pattu ones I feel r worn mainly for showing off, even tho they r really uncomfy! :P

and that's too much anna! i know i do that, but i didn't think guys would do that!
:lol: Yea, I know....I guess only I know how much I adore Sarees! :)

digr: are u a kamal fan?!?
Um, yes, but only his early films.....esp. like his hairstyle/attire in '70s films like this one....:)
Began to like him after watching Sagara Sangamam (aka Salangai Oli) as a kid....:)

/digr

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 02:11 PM
saree is a ridiculous costume
Ouch! Tat hurts u know....! :x :oops:

Nope, not nec.....loose, waist length blouses wer a trend too at one time.....esp. in Hyd.
Come to think of tat, u can even wear Sarees w/ shirts/T-shirts..:D

So do u if u wear low hip jeans.....:roll:

it's hard to walk.
Tat again.....! 'been seeing women in Sarees walking jus abt everywher I go out, since as long as I can rem.....:roll:
Many even go for walking every morn./evening by the beach road here......

No u dont HAV TO......who says so....u can wear it even high on the waist & even cover it up fully......except sum cynical ppl. who want Sarees to look 'sexy' comment tat only old ladies wear them so! :evil:
Air-hostesses used to wear them tat way.....until recently of course! :oops:
Saree can be really flexible, comp'd to ne stitched garment......only u got to wear it as frequently as poss' or else it wont let u be happy wenever u wear it!

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 02:11 PM
saree is a ridiculous costume invented by tamils.
:evil: Take back ur word Rachel ! I strongly object the word "ridiculous" being used to mention the Tradition of India !!

first of all you need a lot of practice and patience to wear saree.

Obviously, for many other things u need practice n patience, when u need to recover from a severe bed ridden act, u need patience n practice...

says who, dont see sarees worn only by actresses ... u dont get carried away by that !

we have to wear long skirt underneath. :evil:
Hello, i guess u havent read the answers in the thread earlier

we have to keep thavani in front of blouse always.
:lol: what do u think ? keeping it behind would help :lol: funny expression...... ofcourse, for that matter dont u think ppl expose while wearing a jean n sitting in a bike n leaning over the person whos driving .. whats this yaar ....

it's hard to walk.
very hard to manage :evil:

Hello, tis only nowadays after seeing all movies, ppl do that ...earlier if u would have observed, ppl wore shirt like blouses ... See how great leader dress, thats decency in saree ... dont complain seeing all ppl who wantedly expose

my first experience with saree was so horrible :evil: ...although it looked good on me.. :)

Ultimately u were right on point ... everybody starts like this n ends like this only :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

swathy
14th April 2006, 02:18 PM

weekly oncea kashtam than
wearing in the week end at home is good idea.
if I get used to do some household chore wearing saree then no probs :lol:

yah garden sarees.

when ever i lie on my mother's lap, i used to cover my face with saree. it will be so soft.

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 02:23 PM
Hello, tis only nowadays after seeing all movies, ppl do that ...earlier if u would have observed, ppl wore shirt like blouses ... See how great leader dress, thats decency in saree ... dont complain seeing all ppl who wantedly expose
Exactly, BG! :thumbsup:
And even film actresses used to wear Sarees in a decent way if u look at the B/W movies (until around mid '60s)....they even wore high-neck blouses......
Even I dont see wats all the fuss abt Saree exposing the midriff & all tat.....if it shows too much, jus pull it up on ur waist to cover it more & spread out the pallu a bit on the front....tats it!
And still, y take only women who seem to expose as a standard......look at Lata M, MSS....also Mother Theresa & Sonia Gandhi (who r foreigners!).....do u get the impression of Saree as a 'sexy' outfit wen u see ne of them clad in it??
I sumtimes feel really depressed to think abt the -ve generalisations our own ppl. (inc. women!) make abt Sarees! :(

Ultimately u were right on point ... everybody starts like this n ends like this only :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yea ends like this only unless they get used to wearing Saree...wich not many do nowadays.......so the same feeling remains....! :huh:

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 02:25 PM
yah garden sarees.

when ever i lie on my mother's lap, i used to cover my face with saree. it will be so soft.
AAAH YES! Tats wat they r also called, Garden Sarees! :D
Altho I always thot tats a brand name & not the material....? :?

swathy
14th April 2006, 02:26 PM
Revathy wears sarees without exposing a bit. :clap:

Its not a must to expose :-)

swathy
14th April 2006, 02:28 PM
yah garden sarees.

AAAH YES! Tats wat they r also called, Garden Sarees! :D
Altho I always thot tats a brand name & not the material....? :?

no lamby material is synthetic i believe sorry im not sure. brand name is garden. :D

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 02:34 PM
infact i didnt want to mention names Lamby .. tats y i said great leaders .... :-)

Sorry if i had been a little harsh on, Rachel .... THE word RIDICULOUS really disturbed me ! saree was not invented n worn by tamils alone. IT is our INdian tradition ! When the whole world takes pride n looking at our tradition, we ourselved condemning the same is really a sad thing !

Guys, lets take pride in our tradition ! Forget how cinema exposes it, it sometimes shows what we are, it is just the shadow of our reality ... many a times, cinema show what we do in life ... also it happens that more ppl try to do the same seeing that on the silver screen !

Well there is no necessity to show this saree a sexy dress, low hip, jannal jacket, see thru ... all these come only n cinema, nowadays tis happenning on roads too ! Pathetic !

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 02:35 PM
very good replies guys! i support all of them!

anna, i was confused. i was thinking abt the fancy sarees. u said synthetic fancy saress, so i got confused.

but now i understand which ones you mean. and no, i don't like them. since they are not cotton they are not comfortable. can get very warm i think. i think cotton sarees are the best for everyday wear.

digr: i also like kamal in his earlier movies, but i don't think for the same reasons as you.

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 02:38 PM
no lamby material is synthetic i believe sorry im not sure. brand name is garden. :D
Yes yes it is synthetic only......
I guess garden became a famous brand name so used as the name of the Saree.....jus like Novalgin was once another name for headache tablets, rather than a brand name! :)

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 02:49 PM
I just remebered a song .... just for a joke, dont take it seriously

Senthamizh naatu thamizh acchiye
sela udutha thayanguriye
nesavu seiyyum thirunaattil
neechal udaiyil alai yiriyae

kanavan mattum kaanum azhagai
kadaigal pottu kaaturiye .......

;-) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 02:50 PM
infact i didnt want to mention names Lamby .. tats y i said great leaders .... :-)
Um, nope not all I mentioned r leaders! :)

Guys, lets take pride in our tradition ! Forget how cinema exposes it, it sometimes shows what we are, it is just the shadow of our reality ... many a times, cinema show what we do in life ... also it happens that more ppl try to do the same seeing that on the silver screen!
Um......BG, jus curious, no offence......do u like Sarees bcos of their appearance, virbance etc. or bcos they r a part of our tradition? :)
Bcos as for me, I felt tat its not fair to say I like them from the traditional point of view, bcos then comes the qsn. shudnt guys all care abt tradition by wearing dhoti/veshti as well? So I guess tat argument wudnt fit... :oops:
And it cant be guaranteed either tat only a Saree-clad woman wud like to follow/maintain our traditions/culture....! :)

Well there is no necessity to show this saree a sexy dress, low hip, jannal jacket, see thru ... all these come only n cinema, nowadays tis happenning on roads too ! Pathetic !
Eyah! It sure is! :evil:
Cant bleieve tat a Saree is considered indecent & provocative today, comp'd to short & tight tops/skirts!
Those cinema/media/fashion guys sure hav done more than enuff damage, havnt they?! :x :(

swathy
14th April 2006, 02:53 PM
It depends on the way we wear it.

My S-I-L taught me how to tie saree and she gave lot of tips .

the first tip is never adjust ur saree in the public.

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 02:53 PM
sela udutha thayanguriye

I jus had my mother read/explain this (as I'm not too literate in pure Tamizh! :P)
Semma paatu!! :thumbsup: :lol:
But yea, no offence, all.......as long as its taken as a joke! So Peace! 8-)

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 02:54 PM
It depends on the way we wear it.

My S-I-L taught me how to tie saree and she gave lot of tips .

the first tip is never adjust ur saree in the public.
Yea, tat can be a bit attention-grabbing......or depends on how much/how long u happen to adjust....! :huh:

OK, Saapda poganum! Been typing away here well past lunchtime! :lol:
BRB.....

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 03:02 PM
Um, nope not all I mentioned r leaders! :)
ok accepted, atleast a few were !

Um......BG, jus curious, no offence......do u like Sarees bcos of their appearance, virbance etc. or bcos they r a part of our tradition? :)
Bcos as for me, I felt tat its not fair to say I like them from the traditional point of view, bcos then comes the qsn. shudnt guys all care abt tradition by wearing dhoti/veshti as well? So I guess tat argument wudnt fit... :oops:
And it cant be guaranteed either tat only a Saree-clad woman wud like to follow/maintain our traditions/culture....! :)

I like them bcoz of all these ! not just tradition .... ofcourse by tradition coz nobody else has this kind of dress ! Why do we have saree-worn air hostesses on Air India, why do we welcome a foreign delegate with saree-worn women giving them a TILAK on their forehead... why dont we wear jean n tee to the temple ... coz we consider them as our tradition ... i guess by this way, we cant deny the fact of tradition coming here :-) isnt it ?
well saree tradition is followed throughout India ... but not Dhoti :-) tis as simple as that ... tht does not form a part of the ques ! :-)
ofcourse then why do political parties wearing dhoties ?

Eyah! It sure is! :evil:
Cant bleieve tat a Saree is considered indecent & provocative today, comp'd to short & tight tops/skirts!
Those cinema/media/fashion guys sure hav done more than enuff damage, havnt they?! :x :([/quote]

Enough ! the media has done enough damage ! :evil: today ppl start talking that saree is exposing just bcoz of whom ?
common ppl who wantedly show and also the media which shows them that way ! Pathetic !

I really feel why GIRLS n WOMEN talk against this dress !

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 03:25 PM
very good replies guys! i support all of them!

anna, i was confused. i was thinking abt the fancy sarees. u said synthetic fancy saress, so i got confused.

but now i understand which ones you mean. and no, i don't like them. since they are not cotton they are not comfortable. can get very warm i think. i think cotton sarees are the best for everyday wear.

digr: i also like kamal in his earlier movies, but i don't think for the same reasons as you.

isn't this true? that's y my mum prefers cotton.

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 03:30 PM
sorry guys ... i ve made some mistakes in the html... corrected them !

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 04:30 PM
I like them bcoz of all these ! not just tradition .... ofcourse by tradition coz nobody else has this kind of dress ! Why do we have saree-worn air hostesses on Air India, why do we welcome a foreign delegate with saree-worn women giving them a TILAK on their forehead...
Yes yes all tat is true no doubt......!
Altho um, from wat I'd heard (& faced on my trips!) recently, AI hostesses arent really traditional on the inside nemore.......now tats one reason y I said even if they wear Saree ther cant be gurantee.....:(
Not tat I'm trying to argue w/ u abt maintaining tradition....jus saying wat I've been reflecting on lately.....:)

i guess by this way, we cant deny the fact of tradition coming here :-) isnt it?
Yes of course, wen u think of Saree, it does bring a traditional atmosphere into the pic. w. or w/out u intending to think of it! :)

well saree tradition is followed throughout India ... but not Dhoti :-) tis as simple as that ...
Yes of course dhoti doesnt commonly exist in the South excpt maybe AP & Karnatka......even many Telugu men wear veshti (eg. late Ghantasala the playbacksinger), only they call it pancha..:)
But outside the south no-one even herd of these I guess....!

Saree is def. more popular except in Punjab, colder states.....

I really feel why GIRLS n WOMEN talk against this dress !
Oh well.....I guess wen they do, they see it more as an individual's point of view & tat culture isnt goin2 be affected by wat they as 1 individual think......but once too many think against it, it starts affecting......

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 04:38 PM
Lamby ! :-)

Following tradition is in our hands ;-) isnt it ? if we dont do it then there is no use of talking about others .... As such we are attracted by the west n they are attracted by us ........ :-) simple fact ! we think that is good ... they think this is better !

i cant help AI women not wearing saree ... ;-) we hve nothing to say after seeing KF airlines :lol: so AI must also think about marketing .... :lol: namma nilamai ippadi aaga vendam ... we market killin our own custom n culture ;-)

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 04:48 PM
I like them bcoz of all these ! not just tradition .... ofcourse by tradition coz nobody else has this kind of dress ! Why do we have saree-worn air hostesses on Air India, why do we welcome a foreign delegate with saree-worn women giving them a TILAK on their forehead... why dont we wear jean n tee to the temple ... coz we consider them as our tradition ... i guess by this way, we cant deny the fact of tradition coming here :-) isnt it ?

i second that! but don't talk abt indian air hostesses!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 04:50 PM
Lamby ! :-)

Following tradition is in our hands ;-) isnt it ? if we dont do it then there is no use of talking about others .... As such we are attracted by the west n they are attracted by us ........ :-) simple fact ! we think that is good ... they think this is better !
Yea no doubt.....but see BG, the disadvantage of this is, if we keep on citing tradition as a reason then it'd tend to create misunderstandings in women abt us too......like, if u talk of tradition, y dont u all wear veshtis/lungis etc.....I've herd of many reacting this way.....!
And neways, in my case, wenever I see neone in a Sari, all tat comes to my mind is the colour, pattern, material etc. & the beauty of these rather than oh, shez a very traditional lady.....only shez maintaining the culture etc....

i cant help AI women not wearing saree ... ;-) we hve nothing to say after seeing KF airlines :lol: so AI must also think about marketing .... :lol: namma nilamai ippadi aaga vendam ... we market killin our own custom n culture ;-)
No no, they still r very much wearing! :D
Atleast they wer last time I travlled on their flights 2 yrs ago.....wat I ment is, they r not maintaining the hospitality tat they wer known for......wen I got into the flight, they seldom stand at the entrance & put a 'namaste'......rather they'd appear from inside & mutter in a bored voice 'morning or 'evening.....! :roll:
And in Ind. Airlines (domestic) flights the way they wear their Sarees now (ughh! :x ) looks totally unprofessional, unlike b4!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 04:51 PM
Indian in the sense Indian airlines or on all flights from India (inc. AI)?
Yea I think I know wat u meant.....! :x :oops:

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 04:53 PM

I didnt get that !

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 04:58 PM
Yea no doubt.....but see BG, the disadvantage of this is, if we keep on citing tradition as a reason then it'd tend to create misunderstandings in women abt us too......like, if u talk of tradition, y dont u all wear veshtis/lungis etc.....I've herd of many reacting this way.....!
And neways, in my case, wenever I see neone in a Sari, all tat comes to my mind is the colour, pattern, material etc. & the beauty of these rather than oh, shez a very traditional lady.....only shez maintaining the culture etc....

that's a very good qn! so instead of answering it, u avoid it!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:00 PM

I didnt get that !

i meant tt i also like sarees cos they r beautiful, etc, as well as because they are traditional; meaning i agree with u.

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:02 PM
Indian in the sense Indian airlines or on all flights from India (inc. AI)?
Yea I think I know wat u meant.....! :x :oops:

on all flights from india! i'm not sure if u know what i mean, but i can't be bothered to explain.

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 05:02 PM

Saree is obviously our Nation's tradition yaar .. we cant say veshti or lungi or for that matter anything else in that place .... :-)
it will not create any misunderstanding ... can we say Jean is our tradition ... we can only laugh at ppl who say that :lol:
Ofcourse u ll think about the color, pattern n material .. but ur subconcious mind also accepts the fact that Saree also represents Indian Culture n Tradition ! u need not think the person is maintaining tradition or some blah blah ... but u will surely think that we own the pride of wearing something invented by us ... instead of using somebody elses invention :-) hope u agree with this !

No no, they still r very much wearing! :D
Atleast they wer last time I travlled on their flights 2 yrs ago.....wat I ment is, they r not maintaining the hospitality tat they wer known for......wen I got into the flight, they seldom stand at the entrance & put a 'namaste'......rather they'd appear from inside & mutter in a bored voice 'morning or 'evening.....! :roll:
And in Ind. Airlines (domestic) flights the way they wear their Sarees now (ughh! :x ) looks totally unprofessional, unlike b4 !

Thats Great to hear ! but Ys ... they could improve their hospitality ! seriously ..... Hospitality means .. i guess Japanese flights, KLM n many others stand as examples ......

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 05:08 PM

Cmon yaar ....

am talking about Nation's tradition ...

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 05:15 PM
it will not create any misunderstanding ... can we say Jean is our tradition ... we can only laugh at ppl who say that :lol:
Hmm.....now tat I think of it, I guess it wont create ne misunderstanding in those who LIKE to wear Sarees come wat may? 'cos if they do then they wudnt be bothered to compare w/ the men & all tat....they'll wear it neways......:)
So yea, 'think it ultimately boils down to whether they like it or not.....

Ofcourse u ll think about the color, pattern n material .. but ur subconcious mind also accepts the fact that Saree also represents Indian Culture n Tradition ! u need not think the person is maintaining tradition or some blah blah ... but u will surely think that we own the pride of wearing something invented by us ... instead of using somebody elses invention :-) hope u agree with this!
Well, now tat I think of it (again), u do hav a point! :D
Right, I guess we cant help thinking abt tat wen we see a Saree (ie, unless of course we r like those guys who see it a 'sexy' outfit & see how much it shows etc.....!)
I guess I jus got a sorta guilt complex wenever I tried to appreciate it on the basis of tradition/culture.....! :? :)

*digr

Thats Great to hear ! but Ys ... they could improve their hospitality ! seriously ..... Hospitality means .. i guess Japanese flights, KLM n many others stand as examples ......
True....in KLM/JAL the AHs r very particular abt not only their own but also passengers' attitude.....in AI, many (male) passengers behave as they like.....!
Hav herd sum really despicable stories of the same! :x
/digr

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 05:16 PM
If I wer to, the only way I cud avoid it wud be by stop supporting Sarees then....:huh: :(

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:22 PM
If I wer to, the only way I cud avoid it wud be by stop supporting Sarees then....:huh: :(
no, you are avoiding it by claiming that u don't think abt indian tradition when u think abt the saree! can't u accept that more guys should wear a veshti as well to keep up the tamil (or indian?) tradition?[/b]

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 05:22 PM
So yea, 'think it ultimately boils down to whether they like it or not.....
Ys it does !

Well, now tat I think of it (again), u do hav a point! :D
Right, I guess we cant help thinking abt tat wen we see a Saree (ie, unless of course we r like those guys who see it a 'sexy' outfit & see how much it shows etc.....!)
I guess I jus got a sorta guilt complex wenever I tried to appreciate it on the basis of tradition/culture.....! :? :)

we really cant make them stop thinking like that ... till we stop showing it !

swathy
14th April 2006, 05:23 PM

:cry:

rachel
14th April 2006, 05:26 PM

Sorry if i had been a little harsh on, Rachel .... THE word RIDICULOUS really disturbed me ! saree was not invented n worn by tamils alone. IT is our INdian tradition ! When the whole world takes pride n looking at our tradition, we ourselved condemning the same is really a sad thing !

Guys, lets take pride in our tradition ! Forget how cinema exposes it, it sometimes shows what we are, it is just the shadow of our reality ... many a times, cinema show what we do in life ... also it happens that more ppl try to do the same seeing that on the silver screen !

i think saree was invented once upon a time. then people's life was so slow...they usually had so much time in dressing up.

these days world is running so fast..we can wear a jeans , t-shirt and shoe in 3 mins.

but for saree it's impossible... :roll:

oh..you expect us to wear like pattis... :o
low hip is very important to look pretty.
blouse should be with low neck and tight.

swathy
14th April 2006, 05:29 PM
:hammer:

rachel
14th April 2006, 05:31 PM

sela udutha thayanguriye

i think you can show more when you wear saree than other dresses..

enna kanavan mattum kaaum azhgai.. :x

do you expect us to wear like arabian countries? :x

kanavan enda periya ithuva :x

guys are soo............................. :evil:

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:34 PM

i'dn't agree with u there rachel. i'd say that low hip doesn't necessarily equal sexy. and it helps with the sari flow when you wear low hip but it's not very important to look pretty. and i think that the blouse should be moderately low neck but not with jannal, etc and the blouse should be slightly looser than correct fitting, or else you're going to be so uncomfortable!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:39 PM

sela udutha thayanguriye

i'm not agreeing with the song. but i feel that any dress u wear, it is possible to show more. but the point is you shouldn't want to!

and i don't understand your sentence abt kanavan endral periya ithuvu. of course, u'd show more of yourself to your husband to the rest of the world. that doesn't mean u have to wear like in arabian countries! u have to have your own level of decency.

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 05:40 PM
i think saree was invented once upon a time. then people's life was so slow...they usually had so much time in dressing up.
these days world is running so fast..we can wear a jeans , t-shirt and shoe in 3 mins.

I accept that Jeans can be worn in a short span of time !
When spending hours together in the Facials make sense
When spending hours together in the hair coloring make sense
When spending hours together in the shaping nails make sense

why not spending few extra minutes on saree make sense :-)

:lol: ur wish ... u r not goin to change ur way of dressing coz i said, will u ? then why this question .. we are talking about sarees n other materials .. n not about me insisting u wearing it ;-)

:lol: well low looks pretty, for any guy to look at on the road ! (sorry for saying this)

I doubt u being a girl :lol: with u supporting Navel show, Low Neck show and tight fit show ... why did u leave see thru ;-) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hello guys ... i dont understand the above say ... a girl sayin all these ! well today anything like this may happen :roll:
Do all girls accept the above mentioned ! Is rachel speaking on behalf of all Ladies/women/filles/girls ???????? :roll:

swathy
14th April 2006, 05:44 PM
bingle epdi porumai irukku idhukku ellam answer panna enakku ratham kodhikkudhu

:hammer: inimel yedhachum thread create pannuviya

swathy
14th April 2006, 05:46 PM

:lol: ur wish ... u r not goin to change ur way of dressing coz i said, will u ? then why this question .. we are talking about sarees n other materials .. n not about me insisting u wearing it ;-)

:lol: well low looks pretty, for any guy to look at on the road ! (sorry for saying this)

I doubt u being a girl :lol: with u supporting Navel show, Low Neck show and tight fit show ... why did u leave see thru ;-) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hello guys ... i dont understand the above say ... a girl sayin all these ! well today anything like this may happen :roll:
Do all girls accept the above mentioned ! Is rachel speaking on behalf of all Ladies/women/filles/girls ???????? :roll:

guruvayurappa

how can u ask that question when im here

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:49 PM
hello bingleguy! konjam vitta, ennallaam sollreenga? first read my other post.

and to expand on that, below the navel doesn't necessarily mean sexy. my aunt wears it like that. y, even my paatti wears it like that. my mum doesn't cos she doesn't feel comfortable. but to each, their own! below the navel doesn't mean u're showing ur navel as well! cos the saree will be infront!

and i would have a much lower neckline (at the back) for my saree blouse than in any of my western tops. but that's cos that's accepted! not sexy. of course, i wouldn't have jannal, etc.

and what's wrong in wearing a fitting blouse? how does your mother wear it? how abt ur sisters?

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 05:52 PM

:lol: it depends on how u are ! if u wanna show, u can .. if u wanna be decent ... u really can ... see the previous threads for examples on this Rachel !

Its so obvious, u do share certain things more with ur hubby than anybody else :-)

Doesnt mean that u have to wear like arabian countries ... u say saree can expose more... u also say that do u want to wear like arabian countries .... :lol: ungala purinjukkavae mudiyala

idhukku michavanga dhaan badhil sollanum ... mahajanangale
indha thread ai vidaamal paarthu kondirukkum ganavaangale
bharathi kanda pudhumai idhu dhaana ?

Be happy about guys who say "dont expose !"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: enna yaaraavadhu idhai paaakireengala illaya ?

terminator
14th April 2006, 05:52 PM

Good points BG :clap:

Ithu konjam illa rombave over...

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:53 PM

guruvayurappa

how can u ask that question when im here

hello! i don't think what she said is sufficient to warrant such low comments. that's due to sth wrong with his understanding her comments! and no need for u to go guruvayurappa! that would mean that u are agreeing with him talking abt her in such a lowly way! which is such a horrible thing to do!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:55 PM

i'dn't agree with u there rachel. i'd say that low hip doesn't necessarily equal sexy. and it helps with the sari flow when you wear low hip but it's not very important to look pretty. and i think that the blouse should be moderately low neck but not with jannal, etc and the blouse should be slightly looser than correct fitting, or else you're going to be so uncomfortable!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:55 PM

sela udutha thayanguriye

i'm not agreeing with the song. but i feel that any dress u wear, it is possible to show more. but the point is you shouldn't want to!

and i don't understand your sentence abt kanavan endral periya ithuvu. of course, u'd show more of yourself to your husband to the rest of the world. that doesn't mean u have to wear like in arabian countries! u have to have your own level of decency.

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:56 PM

and to expand on that, below the navel doesn't necessarily mean sexy. my aunt wears it like that. y, even my paatti wears it like that. my mum doesn't cos she doesn't feel comfortable. but to each, their own! below the navel doesn't mean u're showing ur navel as well! cos the saree will be infront!

and i would have a much lower neckline (at the back) for my saree blouse than in any of my western tops. but that's cos that's accepted! not sexy. of course, i wouldn't have jannal, etc.

and what's wrong in wearing a fitting blouse? how does your mother wear it? how abt ur sisters?

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:57 PM
bingleguy, before u continue commenting on other pple, read what others have to say first! (i.e. read my last few posts that i reposted again to get them to your attention)

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 05:57 PM

If u observe, i ve talked only about the word necessity ... n not what u have understood ! Haiyo Rama ! sonnadhellam thappa purinjikitta naan yenna pannuven

LOW va pesarena ? naanaa ?
yamma ! avanga sonna points a ye thirumba solli question panninathukku naan low va pesaren nnu peru verayaa ? :-(

rachel
14th April 2006, 05:59 PM
1.saree ladies do more make up than jeans ladies...mr.bingle

2.we can hide navel area with thavani..mr.bingle.

3.low neck will end at the correct border. it won't go too low...
thavani will hide that too..mr.bin :evil:

4.what's wrong with see through blouse..? :shock:

neenga suttha pattikadu...cha... :oops:

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:02 PM
I think CUTE GIRLS are sexy in Sarees and Jeans than other outfits.

Skirts are irritating to the core :banghead:

rachel
14th April 2006, 06:04 PM

there are sexy skirts selva :lol:

selvakumar

AS the name implies, SEE THROUGH itself says everything :hammer:

great
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: so many pages within 5-6 hours .......

Is it worth reading ???? whats the discussion(todays) all about? :roll: :roll:

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 06:06 PM
ammama naanga pattikaadu, neenga bharathi kanda pudhumai penn

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok time for me to start ... :wave:

Rachel, Fire ... i am yet to reply to ur posts ;-)

Fire111999

If u observe, i ve talked only about the word necessity ... n not what u have understood ! Haiyo Rama ! sonnadhellam thappa purinjikitta naan yenna pannuven

LOW va pesarena ? naanaa ?
yamma ! avanga sonna points a ye thirumba solli question panninathukku naan low va pesaren nnu peru verayaa ? :-(

yeah, i also replied to her talking abt it being very important. but i don't see myself saying sth like

with u supporting Navel show, Low Neck show and tight fit show ... why did u leave see thru

or like

for any guy to look at on the road !

huh? ithukku enna sollreenga?[/quote]

rachel

AS the name implies, SEE THROUGH itself says everything :hammer:

i really don't understand :? you mean see through blouse.right...
what's the problem? i could not think of any :?

great
14th April 2006, 06:07 PM

funny argument

:banghead:

whats right with see through blouse :roll:

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:07 PM

There are lots of differences between being SEXY and BEING :oops:

Sarees - MangaLa karaMaana Look. (Like Asin with Veenai Avatar)

Skirts - Nayantara in X-MACHI song.

Which one would you prefer rachel? :lol:

I seriously believe that you WOULD LOVE TO SEE ASIN IN NAYANTARA OUTFIT

rachel
14th April 2006, 06:08 PM
ammama naanga pattikaadu, neenga bharathi kanda pudhumai penn

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ok time for me to start ... :wave:

Rachel, Fire ... i am yet to reply to ur posts ;-)

yeah..barathi kooda ungalai vida smart..

grow up quickly :poke:

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 06:09 PM
Hi Great, Selva

It is really worth reading those pages .... believe me ! :-) good time pass n u can get to know so many interesting facts ....

If u accept Rachel's says then u r a CITY vaasi
illai u r a kaatu vaasi ..sorry Patti kadu ;-)

:wave: see u all !

rachel
14th April 2006, 06:10 PM

funny argument

u are the one who's complaining..i'm not :roll:

great
14th April 2006, 06:11 PM
Hi Great, Selva

It is really worth reading those pages .... believe me ! :-) good time pass n u can get to know so many interesting facts ....

If u accept Rachel's says then u r a CITY vaasi
illai u r a kaatu vaasi ..sorry Patti kadu ;-)

:wave: see u all ! :lol: :lol: and who segregated the city and pattikadu

so you fall under kaatuvaasi is it :lol: :lol:

Fire111999
oh god! u guys! rachel means to say that with a see through blouse, although the material is see through, since it's next to your skin, u wouldn't be able to see through it! unless it's very transperant ladies don't have any lining when they stitch their blouse and it's still ok. of course, with chiffon type of extremely translucent material, they use lining. otherwise, it's ok.

selvakumar

The problem is everyone can SEE THROUGH except the one who is wearing it.

Kadavulae :banghead: Neram, ItheLLam post panna vendi irukku :banghead:

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 06:15 PM

funny argument

u are the one who's complaining..i'm not :roll:

oh, wait! rachel, i can't understand what u're saying anymore. u seem to be implying sth that i would never agree to!

rachel

There are lots of differences between being SEXY and BEING :oops:

Sarees - MangaLa karaMaana Look. (Like Asin with Veenai Avatar)

Skirts - Nayantara in X-MACHI song.

Which one would you prefer rachel? :lol:

I seriously believe that you WOULD LOVE TO SEE ASIN IN NAYANTARA OUTFIT

one more thing...why did you ask mods to ban me? huh?

FYI naaum mods um onnukkulae onnu

selvakumar
oh god! u guys! rachel means to say that with a see through blouse, although the material is see through, since it's next to your skin, u wouldn't be able to see through it! unless it's very transperant ladies don't have any lining when they stitch their blouse and it's still ok. of course, with chiffon type of extremely translucent material, they use lining. otherwise, it's ok.

what ? :rotfl:

Fire,

Oxymoron :lol:

The second one..

1. Instead of correcting the FOUNDATION, people try to correct the floor with some patch works

crazy
14th April 2006, 06:16 PM
good lord,
i just read all those post, so interesting
saree why not? saree udukkalam athukku enna, sareeya saree madhiri udutha sari, ippolam sareee udukkirom endra peyeralil etho thundhai uduthukiraanga, sahikkalai :roll:

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:17 PM

Rachel,
If you and MOD are ONNUKULLA ONNU, then SELVA MUST BE THE ONLY MOD AVAILABLE HERE

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 06:18 PM
deleted

crazy
14th April 2006, 06:19 PM

The problem is everyone can SEE THROUGH except the one who is wearing it.

Kadavulae :banghead: Neram, ItheLLam post panna vendi irukku :banghead:

selva i do remeber i asked my teacher why she(grown females) wear blouse so transparent
all i got was yell and anger, not the answer! :cry:
i dont get why they wear like that, i feel its quite uncomfortable!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:20 PM
<dgn>

Rachel won't be banned..

Rachel, I was just kidding

I felt that your comment on that incest thread was irritating to the core :oops:
</dgn>

great
14th April 2006, 06:20 PM

Rachel,
If you and MOD are ONNUKULLA ONNU, then SELVA MUST BE THE ONLY MOD AVAILABLE HERE

:rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rachel
14th April 2006, 06:21 PM

Rachel,

what? :? :? :? :? are u mod? :roll:

great
14th April 2006, 06:22 PM

Rachel,

Rach, you could not follow that :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:22 PM
selva i do remeber i asked my teacher why she(grown females) wear blouse so transparent

Exactly !

If we point that one, they might reply us with something reg FEMALE FREEDOM etc blahblah

:cry:

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 06:23 PM

what ? :rotfl:

Fire,

Oxymoron :lol:

The second one..

1. Instead of correcting the FOUNDATION, people try to correct the floor with some patch works

no, it's quite true actually. if the material is only slightly translucent, then u don't need lining for the blouse cos it's next to your skin, i.e. tight-fitting.

and i don't understand the second part. but anyway, i was only supporting rachel (and that too, not totally, if u read my comments to her earlier posts) before i read her post with
u are the one who's complaining..i'm not

since then, i feel that she might be implying sth that i'll never support!

actually, i was not never really supporting rachel. i was yelling at bingleguy abt his posts!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:23 PM

No Rachel.. I meant "BOTH OF US ARE ONNUKULLA ONNU :wink: "

I knew that you are a TUBELIGHT :D

but now got that you are a MERCURY BULB :cry:

rachel
14th April 2006, 06:24 PM

Rachel,

Rach, you could not follow that :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

athu than theriyumae..u are smarter than me.. :roll:

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:25 PM
and i don't understand the second part. but anyway, i was only supporting rachel (and that too, not totally, if u read my comments to her earlier posts) before i read her post with

I meant "Instead of going for the KILL and then Adjusting it to look somehow perfect is not a 100% correct SOLUTION :D

rachel
14th April 2006, 06:25 PM
<dgn>

Rachel won't be banned..

Rachel, I was just kidding

I felt that your comment on that incest thread was irritating to the core :oops:
</dgn>

what? :? incest thread :?

crazy
14th April 2006, 06:27 PM

Exactly !

If we point that one, they might reply us with something reg FEMALE FREEDOM etc blahblah

:cry: :roll:

selva iam girl myself, but i dont get why they mix such things with female freedom and stuffs.
freedom doesnt necesserily means that u have to dress so "transparent" freedom doesnt depands on what men let u wear, but how that treat u!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:27 PM
Rachel,
That incest thread is > SISTER IN LAW THREAD :banghead:

------------------

I think Saree is a symbol of TAMIL WOMEN.. NOt only TAMILS, MALAYALIS are awesome in Sarees. (MANGALAKARAM)

I would prefer a KERALA TYPE OF SAREE FOR ANY GIRL TO LOOK PERFECT and like a MAHA-LAKSHMI.

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:29 PM
selva iam girl myself, but i dont get why they mix such things with female freedom and stuffs.
freedom doesnt necesserily means that u have to dress so "transparent" freedom doesnt depands on what men let u wear, but how that treat u!

Exactly Crazy.. I felt :lol: when I read something on BHARATHI KANDA PUDUMAI PEN type of comments here.

As you said, people should clearly distinguish from FREEDOM and CUSTOMS :D

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 06:32 PM

I meant "Instead of going for the KILL and then Adjusting it to look somehow perfect is not a 100% correct SOLUTION :D

ok, i understand what u mean. but i thought that i was clarifying what rachel was saying and i thought she meant the blouses that are a bit translucent but not obviously so when u are wearing it. but then, i think i was the one who was misunderstanding her, it seems!

rachel
14th April 2006, 06:33 PM
Rachel,
That incest thread is > SISTER IN LAW THREAD :banghead:

------------------

I think Saree is a symbol of TAMIL WOMEN.. NOt only TAMILS, MALAYALIS are awesome in Sarees. (MANGALAKARAM)

I would prefer a KERALA TYPE OF SAREE FOR ANY GIRL TO LOOK PERFECT and like a MAHA-LAKSHMI.

oh..that :)

ok..guys..there is a girl she looks like maha-lakshmi
there is other girl she looks like illeana in modern dress..

who would you guys choose? :roll:

crazy
14th April 2006, 06:33 PM

Exactly Crazy.. I felt :lol: when I read something on BHARATHI KANDA PUDUMAI PEN type of comments here.

yes selva actually i was about write something unconvenient, then i thought it doesnt fit here!

nowadays womens dont know what is freedom and customs
one song comes to my mind

"senthamizh naadu thamizhachiye................."

he actually took a lot of good stuffs in that song!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 06:35 PM

definitely! wearing indecent stuff doesn't equal freedom! i totally agree with you two.

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 06:37 PM

yes selva actually i was about write something unconvenient, then i thought it doesnt fit here!

isn't it this song that started all this mess in this thread?

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:40 PM

Yes Crazy !

That is one song which will suit this thread very much !

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:41 PM

First one - As wife ! :D

Second one - For sight ! :D :D

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 06:46 PM

first choice: good choice. second choice is questionable however. sight adikkamal irukkalaam!

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 06:52 PM
first choice: good choice. second choice is questionable however. sight adikkamal irukkalaam!

Second choice - The FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT OF EVERY MALE SPECIES ON EARTH :lol:

&

ALL MEN ARE ADMIRERS OF ALL FORMS OF BEAUTY :lol2:

crazy
14th April 2006, 06:55 PM

&

ahaha!!!!!!!!??????

crazy
14th April 2006, 06:59 PM

appadiya?!

rachel
14th April 2006, 07:03 PM

&

ahaha!!!!!!!!??????

i see :rotfl:

rachel
14th April 2006, 07:05 PM

oh.. :o

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 07:05 PM

&

oh ho! aptiya? aptina, ponnunga kamcha paapeengala? why don't u look away? oh god! if the girl doesn't dress decently, that's no reason for u to lower ur morals and stare!

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 07:07 PM

appadiya?!

yup! rachel took exception to some of the lines cos she gave the lines more meaning than was meant!

rachel
14th April 2006, 07:08 PM
shut up

crazy
14th April 2006, 07:09 PM

appadiya?!

yup! rachel took exception to some of the lines cos she gave the lines more meaning than was meant!

ivalo miss pannidena enna? idhukku thaan sollurathu ovaru naalum mayyam varanum endreu :lol:

selvakumar
14th April 2006, 07:13 PM
oh ho! aptiya? aptina, ponnunga kamcha paapeengala? why don't u look away? oh god! if the girl doesn't dress decently, that's no reason for u to lower ur morals and stare!

Fire,
I was posting something funny. But this comment of you turned me upside down.. Infact, a bit rude.. (to be precise)

------------------------------

For this, Let me Tell you

"PAARKIROEMNNU THERIUTHULLA, APURAM AEN SEE-THOROUGH ETC FITTINGS VACHI, KAAMIKUREENGA..

eVALAVO NALLA DRESS IRUKKAE.. Atha eLLam poda maateenga.. naanga mattum SUMMA IRUKKANUMAA"

crazy
14th April 2006, 07:16 PM

Fire,
I was posting something funny. But this comment of you turned me upside down.. Infact, a bit rude.. (to be precise)

------------------------------

For this, Let me Tell you

"PAARKIROEMNNU THERIUTHULLA, APURAM AEN SEE-THOROUGH ETC FITTINGS VACHI, KAAMIKUREENGA..

eVALAVO NALLA DRESS IRUKKAE.. Atha eLLam poda maateenga.. naanga mattum SUMMA IRUKKANUMAA"

nalla kelvi thaan :lol: