PDA

View Full Version : mangoes

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 12:24 PM
i'd like to know the names of mangoes and your suggestions as to which ones i should try!

i absolutely love mangoes and i'll like to try more varieties.

i prob should have started this topic in the indian food section perhaps... but i don't want to read abt indian food when i prob won't be able to get them here. and anyway, this is only abt the fruit. not any recipe for it!

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 12:27 PM
Mangoes.. Interesting..
:thumbsup:

Dig
in my school says i use to call my friends, mangai madayans..

End Dig..

mgb
13th April 2006, 12:38 PM
Alphonso is the variety liked by most people in India. However there will a couple of special varieties depending on which part of India you are purchasing.

hi
13th April 2006, 12:48 PM
Sorry for the digression.. mangoes..remind me of one incident which i read in Women's Era... "Unforgettable incident" section...

This happened during her first night...

As per indian tradition.. they kept.. fruits(mango also).. sweets in the first-nite room.. sumhow the mango.. slip and fall n the bed...

The bridegrrom accidently sat on the mango... which got squeezed and left YELLOW marks.. in his silk dhoti.. :oops:

he felt too embarassed... when she cudn't control her laughter seeing the yellow mark in his dress.. :lol: :oops: :lol:

So... please don't use mangoes.. in the first nite room :roll:

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 01:21 PM
Alphonso is the variety liked by most people in India. However there will a couple of special varieties depending on which part of India you are purchasing.
yeah, i've eaten so many alphonsos. cos they are the ones that are readily available. but i like kalapadi as well. they are small, so you can eat like so many in one day!

oh, and javvadu is so good.

i can't remember all the names of the mangoes i've eaten. the list will continue if and when i remember

mgb
13th April 2006, 02:13 PM
Where i live now, Dashehari is also most sought after variety (it is also a fibreles fruit i guess). There is a variety called Himsagar which comes from West Bengal to North, which is also delicious.
When I was in Coimbatore, i have consumed lots of Malgoa mangoes and they are my favourite until now. Neelam and Banganapalli are famous in Chennai.
There are more than 1000 varieties of Mangoes grown in India. May be other members can help.

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 02:17 PM
Where i live now, Dashehari is also most sought after variety (it is also a fibreles fruit i guess). There is a variety called Himsagar which comes from West Bengal to North, which is also delicious.
When I was in Coimbatore, i have consumed lots of Malgoa mangoes and they are my favourite until now. Neelam and Banganapalli are famous in Chennai.
There are more than 1000 varieties of Mangoes grown in India. May be other members can help.

ok. i shall take note of dashehari and himsagar. i've eaten lots of malgoa as well. i think neelam is ok. i like banganapalli also.

rami
13th April 2006, 03:20 PM
Mango - the very mention of the name is mouth-watering - is now ubiquitous. Mango is the king among fruits. It is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2 and C, and is believed to have originated in India over 4,000 years ago.

India is home to several varieties of mangoes. Each variety has a unique taste and flavour. The commercial varieties of mangoes include: Banginapalli,
Neelam.
Salem
Alphonso,
Rumani,
Totapuri (known locally as `Collector'),
Suvarnarekha(Lalpari),
Kothapalli Kobbari,
Chinna Rasam,
Cheruku Rasam,
Pedda Rasam,
Mallika (all these varieties are available locally),
Kesar,
Langra,
Dashehari,
Fazili,
Chousa,
Ratole,
Kaju,
Mulgoa,
Jahangir,
Himayat,
Khatta Meetha,
Panchadara Kalasa,
Manjeera, Amrapali,
Arkapuneet and
Sindhu.

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 03:39 PM
wow! thanks! i love all the mangoes i've tried and i don't expect that there would be any from that long list that i don't like. but could you make some remarks on some of them, as in which one you like better etc, so i know which ones i should really look out for? thanks!

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2006, 04:34 PM
Anjali,

:rotfl: how sad! how embarassing :rotfl:

I like mangoes. hm.............. I would love them as mango shakes than eating it fully.

We had (we still have) rumaani mango in our backyard at my parents place. We used to pluck baskets and baskets of mangoes and distribute it to neighbourhood and relatives. After that too, there would be one mango per day for atlest a month. It would be very taste except its very fibrous and hence get caught between teeth :oops: (which i hate)

My mom was basically from salem. So when we used to go to my grand mom's place we get to eat more varieties. I like the netted bag in which they would sell mangoes.

The foll are the varieties I love.

Malgova
Rumaani
Banganapalli
Neelam
Alphonso

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 04:44 PM
actually, now that i come to think abt it, i don't like rumani! that's the only mango i've eaten that i don't like.

i like malgova and banganapalli. but javvadu is really nice!

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2006, 04:49 PM
never heard javvadu :? :(

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 05:21 PM
actually, i find most pple haven't heard of javvadu.

i only found out abt it last june. and after i'd bought it once, i had a hard time finding it again, cos most pple didn't know abt it, even mango sellers! in the end, i had to go down to a wholesale market to find it!

great
13th April 2006, 06:23 PM
actually, i find most pple haven't heard of javvadu.

whats this variety and where it can be found :roll: :roll:

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 06:27 PM
i bought it in madras. i don't know where it comes from.

r_o_j_a
13th April 2006, 06:34 PM
interesting .. the one and only mango that i know is indian mangoes.. nice and sweet

i didn't know that there were many many varieties! :(

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 07:05 PM
oh, there are so many varieties of indian mangoes. a mango that is not indian but which i love as well is the thailand honey mango (that's what i've heard it called, but it might have some other name)

great
13th April 2006, 07:29 PM
i bought it in madras. i don't know where it comes from.

Madras :shock:

great
13th April 2006, 07:30 PM
interesting .. the one and only mango that i know is indian mangoes.. nice and sweet

are u not aware of Alphonsa :shock: bein in NR india

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 07:32 PM
why are u so shocked? should i have said chennai?

anyway, i couldn't find it with the normal mango sellers. i had to go down to some wholesale market, i think in koyembetu(not sure of the name). i heard that that market is the biggest in asia (or perhaps the world?) that's where i got it in the first place and then that's where i went when i couldn't find it anywhere else.

r_o_j_a
13th April 2006, 07:40 PM

are u not aware of Alphonsa :shock: bein in NR india
i'm not brought up in india :(

great
13th April 2006, 07:49 PM

anyway, i couldn't find it with the normal mango sellers. i had to go down to some wholesale market, i think in koyembetu(not sure of the name). i heard that that market is the biggest in asia (or perhaps the world?) that's where i got it in the first place and then that's where i went when i couldn't find it anywhere else.

Nope not bcoz of madras , being in chennai i am not aware of that breed thats y :?

Koyambedu is biggest in asia :) [/b]

great
13th April 2006, 07:50 PM
i'm not brought up in india :(

:o oh i thought you are staying in North india

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 07:57 PM

Nope not bcoz of madras , being in chennai i am not aware of that breed thats y :?

Koyambedu is biggest in asia :) [/b]

as i said before, most pple didn't know. when i kept asking many mango sellers and they didn't know, my relatives also thought that i was mistaken. but in the end we found it in the same place we had bought it the first time, i.e. koyambedu market. i was interested in knowing the names of the mango varieties i was trying, that's why i asked for the names when we first bought it. or else i wouldn't have been able to find it again.

Anoushka
13th April 2006, 08:05 PM
How come no one mentioned about the commom "kiLimooku maangai" which is generally eaten raw with chilli powder and salt :) or does it have another proper name?

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 08:08 PM
How come no one mentioned about the commom "kiLimooku maangai" which is generally eaten raw with chilli powder and salt :) or does it have another proper name?

the one that is red at one end right? and hence the name? i'm not sure if i've tried this one before. i've heard of it though.

great
13th April 2006, 08:09 PM

yea!!! that one is good too... Its called as parrot nose mango only

Sanguine Sridhar
13th April 2006, 09:29 PM
Anou,
You mean "Beach Maanga" If you say so i am one of its greatest fan esp with Chilli powder+ Salt mixed...Dont we call also as "Ottu Maanga" or so :? Regarding Mangoes my vote goes to "Bangannapalli" wow!! :P So good and tasty

Lambretta
13th April 2006, 09:40 PM
Anou,
You mean "Beach Maanga" If you say so i am one of its greatest fan esp with Chilli powder+ Salt mixed...Dont we call also as "Ottu Maanga" or so :? Regarding Mangoes my vote goes to "Bangannapalli" wow!! :P So good and tasty
Mangai ode chilli powder+salt-aa??! :shock: :?
I've heard/seen only guavas eaten this way....!

Oh well.......to each their own! :)
Yup I luv Banganapalli too.....:thumbsup:
U may know they r from AP....altho in Hyd. the name's pronounced by locals as 'Baganphali'! :)

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 09:44 PM
hey guys, i agree that banganapalli is really nice. but u guys should try javvadu, which most pple don't know abt and is quite hard to find. but if u do try it, u wouldn't talk abt banganapalli again! it's that nice!!!

ssanjinika
13th April 2006, 09:49 PM
killi mooku manga :sigh: brings back memories of hot afternoons and walking back from school.There used to a vendor there who used to sell this and pineapple.How I used to love this :sigh:

Lambretta
13th April 2006, 09:51 PM
I rem. wen I was in 8th class at school, yrs ago....we had a lesson on fruits......while writing qs. ans., ther was this qsn. in our text bk. abt the varieties of mangoes u knew.......I knew only Banganapalli/Baganphali, so wrote tat.....then I rem. I peeped into the notes of a boy sitting beside me & he wrote names like Aapas, Himasagar & Fozli (cant rem. exact spelling!).....neone know of these varieties? I never ccame across them personally..... :?

Lambretta
13th April 2006, 09:55 PM
*DIGR

killi mooku manga :sigh: brings back memories of hot afternoons and walking back from school.There used to a vendor there who used to sell this and pineapple.How I used to love this :sigh:
Walking back?? Say, um....didnt ur dad ever pick u up/drop u in his Herald?? Atleast on hot days?? :wink: :D
Now tat wud've been a memory I'd relish equally w/ tat of mangoes (except maybe spilling the juice all over the seats & getting the car messy, wich I wudnt like, esp. not in a Herald!)......
Oh well.......I shud control my emotions more, huh?! :P :huh: :lol:

/DIGR

Fire111999
13th April 2006, 09:57 PM
I rem. wen I was in 8th class at school, yrs ago....we had a lesson on fruits......while writing qs. ans., ther was this qsn. in our text bk. abt the varieties of mangoes u knew.......I knew only Banganapalli/Baganphali, so wrote tat.....then I rem. I peeped into the notes of a boy sitting beside me & he wrote names like Aapas, Himasagar & Fozli (cant rem. exact spelling!).....neone know of these varieties? I never ccame across them personally..... :?

Himayat and Fazili are on the list on page 1. not sure if these are what u mean. but i haven't tried them before as well.

Lambretta
13th April 2006, 10:00 PM
Himayat and Fazili are on the list on page 1. not sure if these are what u mean. but i haven't tried them before as well.
Aah yes, those r the ones.....yup, got them all wrong! tks for refreshing me on those! :)

Querida
14th April 2006, 12:38 AM
here's some mango history...seriously have no patience to read thru it all...know how roja kinda feels cause been stuck eating imported south american/florida mangoes here...of course these pale in comparison to what your India has...quality and quantity....well it is one of my chinna aasai to pick my own mango..will see about it soon :wink: sorry not great with names...only had the yellow oblong one and the reddish green one....pooh this is peanuts compared to the delectable feast you have...im envious :P

fisrt time i heard about so many mangoes was from a book, "the house of blue mangoes"...seriously you all should revive the old tradition of mango-tasting festivals if you haven't continued it! I know I'd participate! :P

acad. mango histoire.
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/mango_ars.html

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 12:45 AM
couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing. just got names of more varieties of indian mangoes from it. thanks. and the pix were nice!

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 12:58 AM
Que,
incidentally, while looking at the pics. & descriptions, the name 'Mangifera indica' jus rang a bell, bringing me memories of my Biology lessons at school wher I'd read (& learnt by-heart for exams :P) this name.....I think this is called as the generic name or sumthing....! :)
This thread also brings me memories of our old house at Hyd....or rather in this case our neighbour's house! :P wher they had a huge mango tree in their backyard (wich faced the side of our house; our plots wre both at right-angles).......half of the branches of tat tree spread growing into our compound, just reachable from our terrace!
But altho this tree stopped giving ripe mangoes early on, I liked it very much for its greenery & the mango leaves, many wich we'd gladly pluck to make a 'thoranam' over the doorways wenever we had a festival! :D

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 01:17 AM
i've forgotten all my bio a long time ago!

but the tree story reminds me of how we used to steal mangoes from our neighbour's tree as kids. when we were in india, there used to be this big mango tree in the house next door. and we used to hit the mangoes with stones etc. and then once we got a mango to fall down, we would go tell our neighbour that our ball fell over the wall into their side and we need to fetch it. during the mango season, we were doing this so often and the neighbour found out, but he was so nice abt it! he gave us a device (a long stick with a hook-like thing at the end, if i remember right) for gathering the mangoes and told us to have as much as we want! since that time, it was the same every year (meaning he would give us loads of mangoes, not that we would steal them every year)

ssanjinika
14th April 2006, 01:46 AM
*DIGR

Walking back?? Say, um....didnt ur dad ever pick u up/drop u in his Herald?? Atleast on hot days?? :wink: :D
Now tat wud've been a memory I'd relish equally w/ tat of mangoes (except maybe spilling the juice all over the seats & getting the car messy, wich I wudnt like, esp. not in a Herald!)......
Oh well.......I shud control my emotions more, huh?! :P :huh: :lol:

/DIGR
*DIGR CONT*
Well now that would have been difficult .He would be at work you see :lol:.
His office was in Porur thats outskirts of madras(in those days am not sure now)and we lived in Adyar :).
In fact I dont think hes ever come to pick me up from school :roll:
and my school used to get over by 1.50pm..so it was quite out of the question :)

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 12:05 PM
*DIGR CONT*
Ohh...ok, yea tat wud've been difficult for ur dad....! :)
Even I wasnt picked up/dropped at school by my dad in car except wen I was in LKG......wen we wer in Hyd. the school I studied until 10th was in the same colony wher we lived, so jus walking distance! :)
Then in the other places we lived I used to go by school bus.....:)
1.50pm huh? U were lucky! (same system here in Vizag).......at Hyd. we had school until 3.30pm! :(

/DIGR

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 12:07 PM
adhukkulla mangoes a ? naan innu maagaaye kannula paakala ....

rachel
14th April 2006, 01:10 PM
Mangoes.. Interesting..
:thumbsup:

Dig
in my school says i use to call my friends, mangai madayans..

End Dig..

:lol:

terminator
14th April 2006, 03:36 PM
Mangai ode chilli powder+salt-aa??! :shock: :?
I've heard/seen only guavas eaten this way....!

Oh well.......to each their own! :)
Yup I luv Banganapalli too.....:thumbsup:
U may know they r from AP....altho in Hyd. the name's pronounced by locals as 'Baganphali'! :)

It is very taste. pulippu+kaaram+uvarppu .. wow

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 03:39 PM
drinking coffee after taking maanga plucked from the tree directly with uppu n kara podi mixed ....

adeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeengappa ! SUPER :-)

terminator
14th April 2006, 03:48 PM
BG My mouth is watering. :lol:

We have a mango tree. During my shcool days summer vacation, maanga marathula thaan vilayadarathu..

Salt and chilli powder pack panni vachippom marathulla yeari manga parichittu.. melaya ukkathunthu sapptutte iruppom..

Athukku appurom thanni kooda kudikka mudiyathu.. pallu koosum.. :lol:

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 03:54 PM
MOuth watering aa .... enakkum dhaan :-)
we too have a mango tree ... ;-) but no mangaais ...
hmn ... i need to really eat mangai .. whenever i see them ...

keethu pottu adhulla uppu milagai podi poottu .....yabba ! super machi

Lambretta
14th April 2006, 04:02 PM
Hmm........oh, ok! :)

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 04:34 PM
Hmm........oh, ok! :)

i haven't tasted that too. but i think i'll prefer sweet paluttha mampalam!

swathy
14th April 2006, 04:38 PM
mangai oorugai irundha i can take curd rice all the time.

aiyo ninaikkum podhe pulikudhu

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 04:42 PM
hahhahha :lol: swathy !

maangai la niraiyaa oorugai irukku

Maangai thokku
Maangai vadu
Maangai thundam
Maangai avakkai
etc etc ........................... :-) tasty tasty

Avakkai ..that too Andhra avakkai ... that too house made andhra avakkai ... mari pappu podi .....wow ela untadhi telusaa ....

pramaadham pramaadham !

naaku chaala istam ! :-)

swathy
14th April 2006, 05:04 PM
binmgle : ipdiya officela mouth watering

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 05:04 PM
oh pls guys! pls don't start talking abt stuff made with mangoes. this is not the recipe section. i think just mangoes are much nicer than anything made from them.

bingleguy
14th April 2006, 05:19 PM
:lol: enna panradhu swathy ... maangai nna avvalavu ishtam ;-)

summa maangai sambandhapattadhellam sonnen ... avvalavu dhaan .. maangai illama maangai thokko avaakaiyo varaadhu illaya ;-)

Eelavar
14th April 2006, 06:58 PM
Do you know that the english word "Mangoes" directly come from the Tamil word "Mangai" ??

There are a lot of examples like that.

Arisi become Rice..
Kattamaram become Cattamaram...

Tamil traders gifted many of their words to Europeans...

Fire111999
14th April 2006, 07:24 PM
Do you know that the english word "Mangoes" directly come from the Tamil word "Mangai" ??

Arisi become Rice..

very interesting! but perhaps more suitable to the tamil section! :D

phil
16th April 2006, 08:24 AM

Arisi become Rice..

I dont think the west has recognized this awesome fruit. The comedy is that west eats oranges for vitamin C, apples for fibers, bananas for potassium etc. The fact is that they can eat just one fruit mangoes and still get all the nutrients in them right. Infact even in taste aspects mangoes are as tasty as pineapple and peaches put together

My four grand parents are so healthy even after 70 years, now i know its due to their healthy life style.

phil
16th April 2006, 10:28 AM
BG My mouth is watering. :lol:

We have a mango tree. During my shcool days summer vacation, maanga marathula thaan vilayadarathu..

Salt and chilli powder pack panni vachippom marathulla yeari manga parichittu.. melaya ukkathunthu sapptutte iruppom..

Athukku appurom thanni kooda kudikka mudiyathu.. pallu koosum.. :lol:

dude that is called a life of fun. Kanyakumari which is a border of kerala is the place i am talking about. Mango trees , cashew trees ,jack friuit trees, lots of place to play, clean air,a nice bath in the wild river was like heaven for me when i was a kid . Man i need to go back to that place :lol:

Querida
17th April 2006, 10:44 PM
Oh no Phil they have recognized it, it is praised still for its exoticness why else would there be so many varieties of Florida mangoes? If you go thru the link I posted earlier you will see my point. This reminds me of how my friend and I were musing that instead of the apple it should have been the mango that was the tempting fruit of knowledge in the garden of eden. :D

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 10:58 PM
Oh no Phil they have recognized it, it is praised still for its exoticness why else would there be so many varieties of Florida mangoes? If you go thru the link I posted earlier you will see my point. This reminds me of how my friend and I were musing that instead of the apple it should have been the mango that was the tempting fruit of knowledge in the garden of eden. :D
yeah, so much more tempting!

NM
18th April 2006, 07:18 AM
I really love mangoes..yummy yummy! But, don't know the names.. :cry: i got to know of bagnapilli last year thru this hub and bought and ate that when i went shopping in penang..yummy yummy but very costly... :cry: but there're two varieties in Thailand that are simply delicious!! One of them we call it elephant tusk, cos' of the shape and it had very thin seed. that is yummy! and the Thais make mango salad with a green mango variety, not the sour type! I do miss that salad!! :)

Querida
19th April 2006, 02:14 AM
and the fruit connoisseur wrote with flair: Yummy! :D

Alan
19th April 2006, 11:13 AM
I like the varities "Priyoor" and "Neelan" (which is soooooo sweet) - got to know these from Keral;ite friends! YUMMY!

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 11:16 AM
wat about malgova ????? hehehhe

neelan is very sweet ys ... kerala la innum nalla varum ... Salem lendhu dhaan enga oorukku mambazham varudhu ... salem lendhu naer la poin vaangikittu varunga enga chitappa ! very sweet ... many types ...alphonso is also avail here !

NM
19th April 2006, 12:02 PM
I like the varities "Priyoor" and "Neelan" (which is soooooo sweet) - got to know these from Keral;ite friends! YUMMY!Alan :shock: I thought you've gone on yr honeymoon??

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 12:04 PM
wat about Kallamani mangai n mambazham ... enakku romba romba pudichadhu ;-)

Lambretta
19th April 2006, 01:52 PM
Hi all,
Wow this thread sure is going in top gear! :D

Neways, I bought 3 small-ish Banganapalli mangoes y'day for Rs. 20 (total)....he had bigger ones also but didnt bother buying those.....first thot of trying out the smaller (& cheaper) ones b4 deciding to buy more.....they r really good! :D

*digr- Hey BG, wats w/ the current avtaar? (nice one, btw!)... :D Ungaluku vara pora Mrs. eppidi irukanum-nu katarthuku-ka? :wink:
Same here......altho too lazy to hunt for a similar pic. at the moment! :P :lol:

/digr

vj_itv
19th April 2006, 05:28 PM
wat about Kallamani mangai n mambazham ... enakku romba romba pudichadhu ;-)
oru vaelai thirudina manga'va irukkumo :wink:

Fire111999
20th April 2006, 08:21 PM
oh, i didn't realise that i wasn't watching this topic. anyway, when does the mango season start?

terminator
20th April 2006, 08:49 PM
Fire It is started. Mangaikal ippothu kidaikindrana.
Mambalangal adutha maatham muthal kidaikkum :D

Lambretta
20th April 2006, 08:58 PM
Tat reminds me of sumthing I was wondering abt earlier- did Mambalam (T Nagar) in Madras get its name bcos ther wer mango groves growing ther earlier? :D
I've asked my mother but shez got no idea abt it....!

Incidentally, in Hyderabad, we lived close to this area called Tarnaka (wher the well-known Osmania Univ. is located).....it got its name from the fact tat ther originally used to be mango orchards ther tat belonged to the Nizam of Hyd.......to prevent theft/vandalism in his groves, he had cordoned the whole area w/ barbed wire fencing & had a checkpost w/ secuity to guard the place & monitor those who passed by tat area......hence the name Tar (barbed wire) + Naka (checkpost)......:)

Fire111999
20th April 2006, 08:58 PM
oh no! but i'll only be in india in june! will there still be mangoes ard then?

Lambretta
20th April 2006, 09:01 PM
oh no! but i'll only be in india in june! will there still be mangoes ard then?
June huh?! Nice to hear tat......:)
How long r u planning to stay?

Hmm.....I think mangoes will very much be ther....

I now wish I cud make mango milkshake! :D

Fire111999
20th April 2006, 09:41 PM
cool! i knew tt there would most prob still be mangoes then. cos last june that's all i had for all my meals the whole time i was in india.

i'll be in india till end of august. my cousin sis's wedding is on the 28th aug.

Anoushka
24th April 2006, 06:32 PM
No mention of Imampasand? :)

Anoushka
24th April 2006, 06:35 PM
Anyone remember the nursery rhyme

mAmbazhamam mAmbazham
malgOva mAmbazham
salathu mAmbazham
alvaa pOla mAmbazham
koodi sErnthu anaivarum
pangu pOtu uNNalam

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 06:38 PM
No mention of Imampasand? :)

oh yeah. nice!

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 08:15 PM
Whenever ppl say mangoes..O
Only one thing pops in my mind..

Manga Madayan, thats how my friends call each other 5-6 yrs back...

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:28 PM
Whenever ppl say mangoes..O
Only one thing pops in my mind..

Manga Madayan, thats how my friends call each other 5-6 yrs back...

ithaiye ethana thadavai solveenga. iniya antha kaala ninaivukal, is it?

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 08:29 PM
Ya..
I love mangoes that time around..

Will say to my friends..

Dei Mangaa......... Edutu Sappidu...

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:33 PM
Ya..
I love mangoes that time around..

Will say to my friends..

Dei Mangaa......... Edutu Sappidu...

yen, ippa kidaiyaatha?

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 08:36 PM
Ippayum irukku..
But the taste is awkward nowadays,,,

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:45 PM
Ippayum irukku..
But the taste is awkward nowadays,,,

what? awkward-a? what do u mean?

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 08:48 PM
Nowadays Mango rusiyave ille..
My native place in Andhra famous for Apple Mangoes..
here... :cry:
nothing....

Sinthiya
24th April 2006, 08:54 PM
hi Raikonnen...:)...enna ungala Tamil Films section la kaanom...
i have a mango for lunch today...:P...
my favourite is green mango....with some salt and spice...haven't had that in years....:(

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:55 PM
i c. what abt when u visit india?

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 08:57 PM
Hi Sinthiya, i just dont want involve in any kind of problems there..
And about Mango.. Ayyo vai ooruthe...

Fire..
Ya.. Maybe at the end of the year, i may follow my mom to Rajamundhry...

Sinthiya
24th April 2006, 09:04 PM
Hi Sinthiya, i just dont want involve in any kind of problems there...
hey...why are you worried about getting into a problem?
just post what you think....if it offends someone, so what? ignore them....who cares?
we appreciate each other's different opinions...whether we like it or not....

don't worry about it.....:) ...come and post something....

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 09:06 PM
Paravalla..
Thanks for ur concern....

I have found something about Andhra Mangoes,
Mango icecream haha
Nice one...

http://www.andhrakitchen.com/showrecipe.php?catid=25&strow=0&id=392

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 09:08 PM
thanks for the link! but i like mangoes rather than anything made from them!

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 09:09 PM
oh, and btw, anything wrong?

Sinthiya
24th April 2006, 09:10 PM
Paravalla..
Thanks for ur concern....
ok...:roll:
at least post in Madhavan or Sada thread....:rotfl:....that's all i ask....

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 09:11 PM
Oh Really..
You seems to be a ardent fan of mangoes..
Cool..

Ya AP is largest producer of Mangoes in India, so i can say thats one of the reason why i love mangoes..
But sometime u know after eating mango, pallu ellam koosura mari irukkum..
U cant talk fluently...

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 09:17 PM
Oh Really..
You seems to be a ardent fan of mangoes..
Cool..

yeah, i am! :D when i went to india last june, i ate mangoes only the whole time. and one glass of milk in the evening cos they say sth abt mangoes being too hot. and i gained weight from eating mangoes only!

Ya AP is largest producer of Mangoes in India, so i can say thats one of the reason why i love mangoes..
But sometime u know after eating mango, pallu ellam koosura mari irukkum..
U cant talk fluently...

i didn't know both these things. i've never had sth like that happen to my teeth before.

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 09:19 PM
O..
Maybe Inga mangoes le virus podaranungalo ennavo?

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 09:20 PM
O..
Maybe Inga mangoes le virus podaranungalo ennavo?

virus-a? :lol: inga-na? in malaysia?

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 09:21 PM
oh, and btw, anything wrong?

Raikkonen
24th April 2006, 09:22 PM
Ya..
Malaysia than..
Manga saptu oru 2-3 weeks avautu

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 09:31 PM
Ya..
Malaysia than..
Manga saptu oru 2-3 weeks avautu

:lol: the way u say it is so cute!

Raikkonen
25th April 2006, 08:34 PM
Here Mango ve uppula pottu taruvanga..
Very Nice...
70 cents....

Nowadays not nice..
Theyre adding vinegar..
Yukkie...

Fire111999
25th April 2006, 11:28 PM
Here Mango ve uppula pottu taruvanga..
Very Nice...
70 cents....

Nowadays not nice..
Theyre adding vinegar..
Yukkie...

i c. i guess u must be looking forward to when u come to india then. i know i can't wait!

Raikkonen
26th April 2006, 07:03 AM
Ya.
But must wait for 7-8 months tough..
:cry:

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 11:01 AM
but 7 ot 8 months later, the mango season will be over!

bingleguy
26th April 2006, 11:03 AM
inga maangai kidaikka aarambichidhuchu ..... mango will come anytime !

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 11:14 AM
inga maangai kidaikka aarambichidhuchu ..... mango will come anytime !

yup, i know. and i;ll be there in june! it's gonna be wonderful!

btw, vasanth, check your pm!

bingleguy
26th April 2006, 11:19 AM
Mampazhammmmmmmmmmmmm

Raikkonen
26th April 2006, 11:33 AM
Ayyo Cheh...
Namma Tatatva vuttu Andhravule Manga parika vedithan

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 11:48 AM
Ayyo Cheh...
Namma Tatatva vuttu Andhravule Manga parika vedithan

what?

Raikkonen
26th April 2006, 12:58 PM
Tatta - Granpa

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 01:02 PM
oh, thatha! :lol:

Raikkonen
26th April 2006, 01:04 PM
OO..
Namma slang apdi

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 06:30 PM
tatta = bye!

selvakumar
26th April 2006, 06:35 PM
MAANGA THREAD FROM MAANGA :lol2:

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 06:37 PM

don't understand! :?

selvakumar
26th April 2006, 06:40 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:rotfl:

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 06:52 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:rotfl:

athan maanga-va? :lol:

selvakumar
26th April 2006, 06:54 PM

Gotcha !! U Got it maangoe :wink: :lol:

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 07:02 PM

Gotcha !! U Got it maangoe :wink: :lol:

:lol: i wasn't aware of all these meanings for maanga and mambalam!

Ghlli
27th April 2006, 11:20 PM
MANGOOOOOOO :D i luv this fruit...yummy yummy yummy :D