PDA

View Full Version : G.V.Prakash

MADDY
14th April 2006, 05:20 AM
hey guys, just check this link...

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/1620/news/veyilshootinginmadurai.html.

i dunno how old is the link....

it says GVPrakash is gonna compose music for a movie called veyil...and in one of the tamil dailies i saw him as the MD for a movie called "auto"... mannn is this the small guy who used to irritate with his singing in chikku bukku rail, kuchi kuchi rakkama and many other ARR songs....

tell me somethin guys, if all these yuvans and prakash's are gonna jump into the field, then how will a normal guy with gud musical talent can break into the scene??? we may miss a prospective ARRahman,Ilayaraja in this process.....

aruvi
14th April 2006, 08:25 AM
I agree with you. But isn't that the state of any industry. Anyhow, ARR's father is an MD too. But at least, ARR has/had real talent and didn't enter in the name of his father. Both KR/YSR and now GV Prakash were probably signed on the basis of names associated with them.

MrJudge
14th April 2006, 12:48 PM
How do you forget Srikanth Deva/Bhava/your MD's sister?

Even if you they come to the industry just becasue their name associated with big heads in the industry, only if they have real talents, they will stand out in the crowd. This is applicable in any profession, not just music industry. They will fade away if no sarakku in hands.

baba88
14th April 2006, 04:24 PM
A.R.Rahman has two daughters. Both are learning Music.
I am sure that they will create magic like their father in 10 years.

july
14th April 2006, 04:43 PM
with just their from Arr family does'nt mean... song will be like Arr...
Arr sister Machi album sound really crap....

lets wait and see how GV album will sound when released.... then can judge...
my answer NO ... 8-)

dinesh2002
14th April 2006, 09:51 PM
yes....Machi was 1 of the crappiest album i ever heard :P :lol:

Poda Poda loose....nee sellathe kaasu.. :lol:

god,i pitty that movie's crew :P

baba88
15th April 2006, 02:58 AM
But his daugthers grw up with exellent music. So they have this sense.

Scale
16th April 2006, 06:39 PM
yes....Machi was 1 of the crappiest album i ever heard :P :lol:

Poda Poda loose....nee sellathe kaasu.. :lol:

god,i pitty that movie's crew :P

Thanks to ARR. Even if he poked in the least form his SISTER would have been in the leagues of YSR, Bhava,Sabesh-Murali, Srikanth Deva as a composer.

puriyudha :lol:

MADDY
16th April 2006, 07:03 PM
the biggest concern for me in this regard is that they are blocking gud talented ppl. from coming in.....i accept that if the star-kids dont have sarakku then they dunt survive but they are blocking ppl. from coming in only......producer of aravindhan wud have gone for a Harris jeyaraj in 97 only if there was no YSR that time........

MrJudge
17th April 2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks to ARR. Even if he poked in the least form his SISTER would have been in the leagues of YSR, Bhava,Sabesh-Murali, Srikanth Deva as a composer.

puriyudha :lol:

I think becasue of his behind the screen involvement only, the album came out crappy, IMO :lol:

MrJudge
17th April 2006, 10:34 AM
the biggest concern for me in this regard is that they are blocking gud talented ppl. from coming in.....i accept that if the star-kids dont have sarakku then they dunt survive but they are blocking ppl. from coming in only......producer of aravindhan wud have gone for a Harris jeyaraj in 97 only if there was no YSR that time........

This is another joke. There are close to 20+ new mds have come to tfm in the last couple of years. There is an article came out in a magazine recently about new talents coming into the TFI.

MADDY
17th April 2006, 01:16 PM
This is another joke. There are close to 20+ new mds have come to tfm in the last couple of years. There is an article came out in a magazine recently about new talents coming into the TFI.

true judge, but none of them can afford to work in 5 odd films for first 3 years(out of which 1 was a musical hit) and still survive like YSR has done......nobody can afford to plan their careers like YSR can.......

moreover, new mds are getting not-so-good openings because of these star-kids........but if they are really gud then they cant be kept out............ex: Harris Jeyaraj and Vijay Antony.....

judge, dunt think i'm against IR family, i will oppose Kathija(if she comes one day) as much i oppose YSR....

(FYI, Kathija is ARR's daughter)

ever_siva
17th September 2006, 10:17 AM
Hi friends,

i just heard veyil songs by gv prakash.
The songs are excellent.Surely he didnt spoil our boss' name like
his sister did.

He has the capability to become one of the leading md's , i believe.

-siva

Dragun
26th September 2006, 09:22 AM
Veyil is alright, but I wasn't bothered to listen more than once or twice. Still, I think GVP shows potential. I liked the use of harmonica in one of the songs. Let's hope he can get better with time.

inetk
9th May 2008, 06:40 AM
Ullasamga Uthsahamga - GV Prakash Kumar's Telugu debut.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/05/09/ullasamga-uthsahamga-telugu-gv-prakash-kumar/

vigneshram
16th May 2008, 11:20 PM
G.V.Prakash is overestimated in TFM.
Is he really worth it?
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2008/05/is-he-really-worth-it.html

Renault
17th May 2008, 04:48 PM

true judge, but none of them can afford to work in 5 odd films for first 3 years(out of which 1 was a musical hit) and still survive like YSR has done......nobody can afford to plan their careers like YSR can.......

moreover, new mds are getting not-so-good openings because of these star-kids........but if they are really gud then they cant be kept out............ex: Harris Jeyaraj and Vijay Antony.....

judge, dunt think i'm against IR family, i will oppose Kathija(if she comes one day) as much i oppose YSR....

Just for records.. YSR hasn't worked with the so called big banners like Shankar's S-Films or Oscar Ravichandran's films or Rajinikanth's Kuselan.

So, it's not the star-kids stuff alone.

Look at KR, for instance.. your statement will look like an oxymoron.

Unfortunately nondescript stuff is what people like these days and we run with this tide, now.

MADDY
7th November 2008, 10:08 AM
Selvaraghavan's Idhu maalai nerathhu mayakkam started rolling with GVP's music....

a major generation shift from Kasthuriraja's son by moving closer to ARRahman family.........why are Dharan or Vijay Antony not considered?

A.ANAND
7th November 2008, 05:28 PM
Selvaraghavan's Idhu maalai nerathhu mayakkam started rolling with GVP's music....

a major generation shift from Kasthuriraja's son by moving closer to ARRahman family.........why are Dharan or Vijay Antony not considered?
daran ok!good choice but vijay anthony :roll: [nakka mukka song pothata,tholla thangga mudiyala :lol: ]

viraajan
7th November 2008, 05:59 PM

daran ok!good choice but vijay anthony :roll: [nakka mukka song pothata,tholla thangga mudiyala :lol: ]

IMO, dharan has not established himself. His songs are impressive but there is a long way to go to compose music for Selva.

thamizhvaanan
8th November 2008, 01:44 PM

Just for records.. YSR hasn't worked with the so called big banners like Shankar's S-Films or Oscar Ravichandran's films or Rajinikanth's Kuselan.

So, it's not the star-kids stuff alone.

Look at KR, for instance.. your statement will look like an oxymoron.

Unfortunately nondescript stuff is what people like these days and we run with this tide, now.

So you are suggesting that YSR is more talented than KR? :)

vasanth2006
24th December 2008, 11:35 AM
GV Prakash in good times
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, December 23, 2008]

GV Prakash has composed the tunes for 'Aayirathil Oruvan' starring Karthi, Reema Sen and Andrea. Directed by Selvaraghavan, the movie has a total of 10 tracks in all. Lyricist Vairamuthu has penned down the lines for eight of the songs while the other two are theme songs. For the first time, the background theme songs has been extensively choreographed and canned for the movie. It is being said that the director pins high hope on four of the songs which he believes will be massive chartbusters.

Speculated to be a period movie, yesteryear classic songster PB Srinivas has voiced a song with Bombay Jayashree after a long period. The said song starts like 'Pemmane' penned after a god's name is set in the period of 13th Century. Also, a remix of "Adho andha paravai" retaining TMS's voice has been done.

Adding to the splendor is a hip-hop song, "Un mela Aasai" by the star couple Dhanush and Aishwarya Rajinikanth. Music director GV Prakash who has worked only for other music directors, has now sung a song along with Andrea in his own composition. He is also crooning for a number in 'Angadi Theru' which is yet to be launched. Karthik has lent his voice for one of the tunes.

On an exclusive talk to Indiaglitz.com, songster GV Prakash said, "When it comes to music, director Selvaraghavan is the best filmmaker I have worked with so far. I was delighted to compose for him as he is quite aware of music and knows what he wants. I am confident that this new genre of music in 'Aayirathil Oruvan' will sure escalate to me a greater level."

The music of 'Aayirathil Oruvan' has been tentatively planned for a release by the end of January, 2009. Apart from this, GV has been signed up for a line of movies including Selva's next movie 'Ithu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam' starring Dhanush and Andrea, a yet to be titled movie with director Vetrimaaran by producer Kathiresan and 'Madras Pattinam'. The last said movie is a period flick to be produced and enacted by Arya which will be directed by Vijay of 'Kireedom' fame.

GV Prakash has also got a few more offers in Telugu, after his recent hit 'Ullasamga Utsamga'. The young songster who's making it big is sure to attain a niche for himself.

It is increasing hype for AO....After hearing AO, we can easily know the height of his talent.....Lets see.......

Tamilan
24th December 2008, 02:49 PM
10 songs in a thriller movie?

raghudev
24th December 2008, 03:44 PM
Instead of blaming , i feel any person who has talent, either an outsider or nephew or any relation to any existing musicians, should be given change to provde.

GVP has definitely done good music, his recent release of Vellithirai, Seval, Ananda Thandavam (yet to release) are very good, though picture not good.

vasanth2006
17th March 2009, 07:14 AM
Vijay Antony is composing some of the songs in Angadi theru.....Vasantha balan told GVP is very busy.....

This guy has some good partnership with the directors like Selva, Vasantha balan, Vetri maran, Ganthi krishna and etc....

R.Latha
24th March 2009, 02:50 PM
[tscii:19d907f533]G.V. Prakash on Rahman and Aayirathil Oruvan
March 20, 2009

Aayirathil Oruvan, which has been in the making for a long while, is said to have come out exceedingly well. According to the film’s music director G.V. Prakash, one of the reasons for the delay is because of the inclusion of several new facets and experimentation. He added that the team, which has been concentrating on the music, will leave for New York for the sound mixing.

When questioned about his Uncle A.R. Rahman’s

G.V. Prakash
achievement, Prakash said that he was happy about it, but people have started expecting more from him after Rahman brought home the Oscar Awards. Aayirathil Oruvan, directed by Selvaraghavan, has Karthi, Reema Sen and Andrea in the leading roles.

[/tscii:19d907f533]

R.Latha
8th April 2009, 02:12 PM
Cowboys for children
April 07, 2009
Irumbukkottai Murattu Singam is a period film that is set in the 18th century.

Music is by G.V Prakash, lyrics have been penned by Vairamuthu, and editing is by Raja Mohamad. Western Comics, a popular name in the comics industry, is stepping into the movie circuit with IMS.

R.Latha
8th April 2009, 02:13 PM
Cowboys for children
April 07, 2009
Irumbukkottai Murattu Singam is a period film that is set in the 18th century.

Music is by G.V Prakash, lyrics have been penned by Vairamuthu, and editing is by Raja Mohamad. Western Comics, a popular name in the comics industry, is stepping into the movie circuit with IMS.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-09-02/irumbukkottai-murattu-singam-07-04-09.html

viraajan
8th April 2009, 02:22 PM
GVP is extremely busy with hands full of project it seems. In fact, the films he is working under now have proven directors and offer good scope for music. :)

Aayiratyil Oruvan'a seekiram release pannungappa... :P

vasanth2006
10th April 2009, 09:44 PM
[tscii:a08b4eeb78]I think this gonna be GVP's best....

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14880089

Music director GV Prakash is upbeat about the songs he has composed for Selvaraghavan’s upcoming film Aayirathil Oruvan.

The album has 10 rocking songs, which is sure to be lapped up by the youth.

G.V Prakash says: “ I have never worked so hard for any film and today, I am so satisfied with the album that my happiness knows no bounds. We mixed the songs at the Sterling sounds, in New York and its come out so well.”

Meanwhile the buzz is that Selvaraghavan is planning to have a grand audio launch on May 1 at Nehru Stadium where he will have a live performance of the songs by singers.

The film is undoubtedly going to be one of its kind as such action adventure films are rare to Tamil audiences.

[/tscii:a08b4eeb78]

interz
13th April 2009, 02:52 PM
GV Prakash had probably two hit movies, and rest were flops. Seems like the he doesnt like to change his trend...Vellithirai..Kuselan..Seval.. Anantha Thandavam.

You can praise AO all you want GVP, but I have serious doubt in your abilities and the talent to etablish as a very good MD

vasanth2006
13th April 2009, 07:56 PM
You can praise AO all you want GVP, but I have serious doubt in your abilities and the talent to etablish as a very good MD

We mentioned during Kuselan that we have to wait to judge his abilities...But people took it in wrong way.... :)

I think we have to wait and see the AO output....Then we can judge his talent.... :)

R.Latha
15th April 2009, 01:07 PM
[tscii:e098ea1948]GV Prakash, world music and Indian classical
[ April 15, 2009]

While uncle Rahman might have seldom left a leaf unturned when it comes to music, G V Prakash is trying his best to give quality and different music for his films. Currently working on different projects like 'Madharasapattinam', 'Aayirathil Oruvan' and 'Aadukalam', the music director has said he is interested in giving sounds and music unheard of, recently. “Aayirathil Oruvan has given me scope to use a lot of old instruments like the Rudraveena and Yaazh, apart from making my favourite singer PB Srinivas sing,” he says, adding that the film’s music will have both contemporary and period music.

And for 'Madharasapattinam', he is geared up to explore a lot of Indian classical music, and says ragas that have been long forgotten will be revived.

Here’s wishing the young composer luck!
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/46198.html
[/tscii:e098ea1948]

viraajan
4th June 2009, 09:08 PM
[tscii:829a870c55]Aayirathil Oruvan was tough, says GV Prakash
June 04, 2009

Finally, the Selvaraghavan-directed Aayirathil Oruvan’s audio launch is scheduled to take place on June 14th. Speaking about his experience with the director, composer GV Prakash Kumar said that working with Selvaraghavan was very challenging as he has good knowledge of music and hence wanted the best.

Prakash is also working on another project, Madarasapatnam, which he considers to be very taxing. In fact, the music composer states that composing music for any period film would be a difficult task because one has to take care of the music of that period and also keep up with the expectations of the present generation.

Madarasapatnam has Arya in the lead and is touted to be a period film. [/tscii:829a870c55]

viraajan
27th December 2009, 10:42 AM
HVP's Irumbukottai Murattu Singam audio is out. Anyone heard?

inetk
27th December 2009, 11:43 AM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/12/27/music-review-irumbu-kottai-murattu-singam-tamil-gv-prakash-kumar/

interz
28th December 2009, 12:38 AM
My doubts on GVP has increased a lot after listening to Irumbu Koottai Murattu Singam songs.

Even Arai En 305il Kadavul had better songs than this.

Is it GVP or Simbudevan who is to be blamed for the poor result??

viraajan
28th December 2009, 10:47 AM
Songs are average.

Liked that "Theme Music" very much :thumbsup:

Guess, the album gave a good scope for Experimenting. GVP failed to use it. Had hopes in this album as this comes out after the smashing AO. (I'm not considering AT here as 'Experimental').

vijayr
29th December 2009, 09:07 AM
Even AO songs seem to be running on pure pre-release hype, and are probably banking on the movie's success. GV was on Coffee with Anu recently talking a lot about his composing sessions. I hope he lets his music do the talking in the future.The guy has been hit or miss since Veyyil, with quite a few duds like Kuselan in between.

MADDY
29th December 2009, 09:38 AM
Even AO songs seem to be running on pure pre-release hype, and are probably banking on the movie's success. GV was on Coffee with Anu recently talking a lot about his composing sessions. I hope he lets his music do the talking in the future.The guy has been hit or miss since Veyyil, with quite a few duds like Kuselan in between.

//sir, where have u been - we missed you for 2008 - arguably, gr8est year of rahman and oscars :D ......now vinnaithandi varuvaya is releasing, pls post ur views once u get to listen to the album in our section :D //

Mahen
29th December 2009, 10:32 AM
My doubts on GVP has increased a lot after listening to Irumbu Koottai Murattu Singam songs.

Even Arai En 305il Kadavul had better songs than this.

Is it GVP or Simbudevan who is to be blamed for the poor result??

Whats the big deal? :huh: Some composers come up with crap once in a while i.e yuvan,VS,vijay athony..I think its not about the songs, its more like your personal hatred towards GVP...

AravindMano
29th December 2009, 02:42 PM
GV was on Coffee with Anu recently talking a lot about his composing sessions. I hope he lets his music do the talking in the future.

:exactly: konjam jaaasthiyaavae pesinaar.

viraajan
29th December 2009, 02:51 PM
GV was on Coffee with Anu recently talking a lot about his composing sessions. I hope he lets his music do the talking in the future.

:exactly: konjam jaaasthiyaavae pesinaar.

I watched an interview during his Veyil days. Felt he was talking too much. After I watched couple of other interviews, i confirmed it. Konjam overa thaan pEsuvar....

baba88
29th January 2010, 11:35 PM
GVP is doing the Selvaraghavan - Vikram movie.

Saagar
30th January 2010, 10:34 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14929416

"Un mela aasai" thaan is super dooper hit.. But it has the resemblance of Sarvam Intro song? y so?
bcos i made music for the video which was shot b4 but i avoided how much ever i could ... but anyways ours is a wayyyy bigger hit

viraajan
31st January 2010, 09:04 AM

"Un mela aasai" thaan is super dooper hit.. But it has the resemblance of Sarvam Intro song? y so?
bcos i made music for the video which was shot b4 but i avoided how much ever i could ... but anyways ours is a wayyyy bigger hit

Yeah. Read this.

over attitude!

Vivasaayi
31st January 2010, 09:07 AM

appo kooda credit yuvanku thana poganum..thambri innum pakkuva padanum

viraajan
31st January 2010, 09:19 AM

appo kooda credit yuvanku thana poganum..thambri innum pakkuva padanum

There was another Question Vivs.

Q: In tamil film ANGADI THERU,you have worked along with Vijay Antony,How was it to work for the same film with another composer
A: i dont prefer it .... it was bcos of timing issues but i love my 4 songs really gud ones i did for balan

Mahen
31st January 2010, 10:21 AM

Yeah. Read this.

over attitude!

Vidunga..Chinna payyan :) Ariyatha vayasu :lol:

Vivasaayi
31st January 2010, 01:46 PM
virajan,

in angadi theru they have used two music directors???

hmm..anyway "un perai sollum podhe" is an awesome number.

viraajan
31st January 2010, 02:05 PM
virajan,

in angadi theru they have used two music directors???

hmm..anyway "un perai sollum podhe" is an awesome number.

It sure is :)

Yeah Vivs. Vijay Antony and GVP. VA is in charge of bgm.

Scale
31st January 2010, 02:12 PM
Sofar,have you ever been blamed of copying any western tunes....
once for vellithirai .... i still regret only bcos of directo viji .... i still fight with him for that ... i will never ever in my life do it ever

Mahen
31st January 2010, 08:53 PM
Sofar,have you ever been blamed of copying any western tunes....
once for vellithirai .... i still regret only bcos of directo viji .... i still fight with him for that ... i will never ever in my life do it ever

What a relief :) I was disappointed when GVP copied Keith Urban's Somebody Like you..Ippothaan unmai terinjathu :D