PDA

View Full Version : Puberty Ceremony

Kavitha Ravi
17th April 2006, 11:20 PM
What type of ceremony do we conduct when a girl comes of age.?
What do we do on the first day, how is the ritual done.
I will be very glad if someone can enlighten me on this subject.
Thanks

Shakthiprabha.
17th April 2006, 11:46 PM
:roll: :| :huh: :?:

Alien
18th April 2006, 12:06 AM

:banghead: ..... sheesh ..... :oops:

azhagi
18th April 2006, 01:03 AM
I think you are talking about 'manjal neeratu vizha'.

I only know about this since I spent all my life in Tamilnadu.I don't know much about the ceremony though.Frankly,I used to hate it...why advertise when a girl attends age.

azhagi
18th April 2006, 01:03 AM
I think you are talking about 'manjal neeratu vizha'.

I only know about this since I spent all my life in Tamilnadu.I don't know much about the ceremony though.Frankly,I used to hate it...why advertise when a girl attends age.

:oops:

ssanjinika
18th April 2006, 03:02 AM
EXxxxxxxxxxxxxcccccccccuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssseeeeee ee mmmmeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o
sheesh :huh:

sanguine
18th April 2006, 03:25 AM
:shock: :oops: :|

rajraj
18th April 2006, 04:51 AM
Kavitha: Here is a link.

http://www.indiatraveltimes.com/society/dec02.html

There is nothing to be embarrassed or surprised. This is a ritual common in rural Tamilnadu. In rich families it is celebrated like a wedding. It is a joyous occasion for the parents of the girl and the parents of the suitor, usually a maternal uncle's son.

Kavitha: If you need more information let me know. I will ask my wife. :)

r_kk
18th April 2006, 05:11 AM
[tscii:0e576540b8]Some of the traditional functions do not hold any of its intended purpose these days. The “Manjal Neeratu Vizha” is one of them. Earlier days, many of the people in villages were not wealthy enough to afford good food. In my village, once the girl attains the age, all her relatives will come with lot of edible oils and sweets (might be aimed to make her healthy) adequate enough for 20~30days. Her “Murai mappillai” (if she has) used to make a “thatch” for her to stay next few days. It indirectly shows that she has “murai mappillai” and he will be given first preference in marrying her (if she interested). This function is used as an announcement to declare they have a girl in their house who is eligible enough to marry. The girl will start wearing “Thaavani” regularly after the “manjal neeratu vizha” and restrict herself mixing with childhood boy friends. In my villages, some rich people celebrate as big function, even with “Karakattam” and other folk dances and food is served to entire village. In my village (in general, most of the villages) life before birth (vlaikappu), birth, “samithal”, marriage and even death at proper age are celebrated. We never had a bad feeling about this function since we never thought it from different angle like some people here.[/tscii:0e576540b8]

ssanjinika
18th April 2006, 05:36 AM
I know exactly what it means!!I was born and brought in TN afterall and in how many movies have they shown it.I was suprised first coz this is not something you ask in a public forum and secondly that someone is actually asking this.It is in my opinion an unwanted function which serves no purpose in todays world.Its probably extremely embarassing for the girl also.

pavalamani pragasam
18th April 2006, 08:17 AM
It is a vanishing/diminishing feature in our rich social fabric of glitter and gold. A woman is immensely pleased at any "seer" from her pirantha veedu. And there are many occassions for getting publicly a grand "seer varisai" from the parents. Having a daughter gives more oppotunities for getting gifts. It is a genuine pleasure to invite the pirantha veettu sonthangkal for the functions of "mottai poduthal", "kaathu kuththuthal", "pallikku anupputhal", "sadangku" & kalyaanam. These functions encouraged greater interactions between sambanthikal families and strenghtened a healthy bond of affection. In today's world of false values, heartless pursuit of money and new practices of leaving children in creche, old parents in old age home meaning of many good old practices is lost.

a.ratchasi
18th April 2006, 08:45 AM
It is a vanishing/diminishing feature in our rich social fabric of glitter and gold...

PP maam, I have to agree with you on this! :)

Sadanggu is normally the first event that allows a girl experience saree. Besides, the fuss cooked by her mom and atthais on that day makes her cherish all the attention given to her!!

selvakumar
18th April 2006, 09:08 AM
Thanks

I know one such thing in the case of Boys :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 01:33 PM
ss,

:| . well...... u were explicit. I was not.

I assume, its mainly to announce a woman is ready for marriage.

:|

Chappani
18th April 2006, 03:39 PM
I think apart from telling the world, the girl is ready for marriage, it is also tellling the Girl herself that she is no more a kid and there are certain new behaviour she needs to adhere to.

I think this is in one way good for the young girls, as the mental changes associated with Puberty will not come on day one itself, it will take itsown time and its always good to advice them the dos and donts, the good touch and the bad touch. Nowadays where the child abuse is a very commonly heard term which calls for Sex education for youngsters to curb this menace, our ancestors had this meaningful ceremony which would naturally educate the youngster.

a.ratchasi
18th April 2006, 03:43 PM
Rather than a marriage announcement, sadanggu is done more for the riddance of 'theetu'. This event, if not done within a certain timeframe after maturing, is included in the pre-wedding 'nalunggu'.

selvakumar
18th April 2006, 04:16 PM
I know exactly what it means!!I was born and brought in TN afterall and in how many movies have they shown it.I was suprised first coz this is not something you ask in a public forum and secondly that someone is actually asking this.It is in my opinion an unwanted function which serves no purpose in todays world.Its probably extremely embarassing for the girl also.

Exactly SS.

Nowadays, several threads are coming up to discuss whether women should be taken in the same way like men when it comes to drinking and smoking.

recent one - from SP.. Ethical values..

I want this puberty function to be held for both male and female :lol: rather than for females alone. :rotfl:

eNgaLukku mattum VeeTukkuLLa ukkanthukittu LATTU, JILAEBI, etc ithellam thinnu theekkanummnu aasai irukkaathaa eNNa :?: :twisted:

so, cancel it or conduct it for both

great
18th April 2006, 05:27 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: ithu enna threadppa .....
:x :x :x
:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sanguine Sridhar
18th April 2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks

Idhukku oru thread!!! Hmm...Ennamo pongga...Lungi,Saree,Mango ippo idhu??? :roll:

Sinthiya
18th April 2006, 07:19 PM
I want this puberty function to be held for both male and female :lol: rather than for females alone. :rotfl:
eNgaLukku mattum VeeTukkuLLa ukkanthukittu LATTU, JILAEBI, etc ithellam thinnu theekkanummnu aasai irukkaathaa eNNa :?: :twisted:
ennanga Selva, ithaan unga chinna aasaia? :rotfl:...niravethita pochu..laddum jilaebium... (no offence) :rotfl:

i agree with you :lol:...this function should be held for male and female...:twisted: ...let the guys go through a similar function too...:rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
18th April 2006, 07:23 PM
selva,

:rotlf: :rotfl: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
18th April 2006, 08:23 PM
In certain communities the name for this function is "puttu suththuthal". I was invited for one by a neighbour when we were in Tanjore. The maternal grandmother does some rites to her beloved granddaughter giving her abundant blessings along a lot of gifts. In the feast the first item was rice & dal & ghee. A lot of thought from wise elders go into such ceremonies, healthwise, culturalwise & relationshipwise. The mother is the best person to guide the daughter on into the newly blossoming womanhood which continues to grow prettier till the end.

Kavitha Ravi
18th April 2006, 09:23 PM
OH I am sorry if I asked anything that is embarassing. Actually I am writing an article on this sadanggu for our ladies club.
Most of the ladies are in the dark as to what are the rituals. I thought I might enlighten them on how it was done. Thanks.

Kavitha Ravi
18th April 2006, 09:25 PM
OH I am sorry if I asked anything that is embarassing. Actually I am writing an article on this sadanggu for our ladies club.
Most of the ladies are in the dark as to what are the rituals. I thought I might enlighten them on how it was done. Anyway thanks to all those who contributed.

Alien
18th April 2006, 09:46 PM
Selva, Sinthiya
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup:

temporary sori-Observer
18th April 2006, 10:28 PM
A woman is immensely pleased at any "seer" from her pirantha veedu. And there are many occassions for getting publicly a grand "seer varisai" from the parents. Having a daughter gives more oppotunities for getting gifts. It is a genuine pleasure to invite the pirantha veettu sonthangkal for the functions of "mottai poduthal", "kaathu kuththuthal".
[tscii:b2ef2a0dd2]¸ø¡½õ, ¾¢ÕŢơ, ¯ÈÅ¢É÷ ÜÎõ ¦¸¡ñ¼¡ð¼í¸û þ¦¾øÄ¡õ Åó¾¡ Áì¸û Ä×ð ŠÀ£ì¸÷¦Ä À¡ðÎ §À¡ÎÅ¡í¸. ŢơŢø º£÷ÅÆí¸ô ¦À¡Õò¾Á¡ º¢Ä À¡ðÎ §¸ìÌõ.

¿£ ÅÇò¾ Å¢ºÂõ ±øÄ¡õ
±ýÉ¢¼ò¾¢ø «¼íÌõ.
º£÷ ¦¸¡Îò¾¡ Å¡í¸¢ì ¦¸¡ûÇ
þýÛ¦ÁýÉ ¾Âì¸õ?

(second)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.5595/[/tscii:b2ef2a0dd2]

pavalamani pragasam
18th April 2006, 11:23 PM
[tscii:070bd91919]"§Ãʧ¡" Å, º£Ã¢Âø ¨ÄðÎ §À¡ðÎ, °¨Ã ÜðÊ ¸ø¡½õ ¸î§ºÃ¢, º¼íÌ ¿¼ò¾¢É ¸ûÇí¸ÀÊøÄ¡¾, ¯È׸§Ç¡¼ «Õ¨Á ¦¾Ã¢ïº ¿õÁ ãò¾ ¾¨ÄӨȸ¨Ç þ¨ÇÂÅ÷¸û ÒâóÐ ¦¸¡ûÇ ÓÊ¡¾Ð ÅÕò¾§Á![/tscii:070bd91919]

pavalamani pragasam
18th April 2006, 11:36 PM
Kavitha, this is a very complex topic, since the rituals are many & varied in different sections of society. Thaay maaman's wife is the person chosen to give the girl a "chinukkari", the one who also bathes her pouring water on the girl's head. On a particular day 'theettu kaziththal' is done by 'kolli kadaththal", which is stepping over burning wood('viragu'), andmany more such rituals mixed in blind beliefs about warding off evil spirits & wise healthy dietary practices. If anyone seriously chooses this as a topic for thesis he or she is sure to be amazed by the ocean of information that should surface on research, a definite sign of the richness of our ancient culture.

ssanjinika
19th April 2006, 12:43 AM
No offence Kavitha.
Its my personal opinion that such sadangus are probably more embarassing than anything else for the girl.Its a very private thing in a girls life and the very thought of publicly announcing to the world that very private part of your life is very :oops:
Its natural..why not just leave it at that instead of showcasing it.

azhagi
19th April 2006, 03:42 AM
Agree with SS,

When I was in school,one of my friends had attended age and her mother was adamant that they do this ritual,but my friend was very embarrased and she was so much against it.This is the case of one friend.

I know of another girl who wanted her ceremony to be conducted in a 5 star or 3 star hotel and she wanted everyone to be invited.Why? because her classmate had attended age a few days back and she had her ceremony done in a grand way so for this girl it was prestige issue!! :roll: :roll:

goodsense
19th April 2006, 07:36 AM
Puberty ceremonies are common among Jews, especially for the boys. It's the time they cut the hair which has been growing since birth. I don't know what they do to or for the girls.

rajraj
19th April 2006, 08:21 AM
goodsense: I think you are referring to Bar mitzvah for jewish boys after their 13th birthday and Bat mitzvah for girls after their 12th birthday. This has nothing to do with puberty. It is to tell them that they have to assume the responsibility of adults and follow their religion. I have attended both. It is a ceremony held in a synagogue in the morning with a dinner in the evening. People refer to it as coming of age for jewish boys and girls.

selvakumar
19th April 2006, 11:11 AM
ennanga Selva, ithaan unga chinna aasaia? ...niravethita pochu..laddum jilaebium... (no offence)

i agree with you :lol:...this function should be held for male and female...:twisted: ...let the guys go through a similar function too...

Sinthu,
Due to the biological reasons, MALES are realatively free from the pressures in that functions.

what all, we (MALES) can do in that function compared to the other things is

* SITTING IN THE WINDOW CORNER AND do the job of "SIGHTING" (in the whole period) :D :D

* and ofcourse TAKING some nice breakfast, dinner, lunch all the time without doing any work :D

* Eating all the delicious one prepared by MOM

* watching all the CHANNELS available in the TV.

:D :D :D

Do u think we(MALES) ll have some problems in that function? :lol:

No chance.. We will enjoy with the above mentioned things. :D :D

:rotfl:

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 11:19 AM
:lol: selva .... eppadi pa eppadi ?

great
19th April 2006, 11:23 AM
Selva, Latest movie enna EVAN padam pathiya enna :lol: :lol: :lol:

selvakumar
19th April 2006, 11:25 AM
vasanth :D -- adu vaa varuthu ! :D :D

great machi !! :lol:

-- I haven't seen THIRUPATHI.. Otherwise, I might have added some flavour based on the topic :lol:

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 11:28 AM
oh my god ... selva ... tirupathi eppo inga release aarudhu ... ? PVR la ad paathen ... but release date paakala ? this is the first time i ve ever noted the director name Perarasu ... enakku avar pathiye theriyaadhu ... naan inga vandhu endhan thamizh padamum paakala .. theatre la .. infact nearly all the movies which came after 2003 ..... :(

selvakumar
19th April 2006, 11:35 AM
oh my god ... selva ... tirupathi eppo inga release aarudhu ... ? PVR la ad paathen ... but release date paakala ? this is the first time i ve ever noted the director name Perarasu ... enakku avar pathiye theriyaadhu ... naan inga vandhu endhan thamizh padamum paakala .. theatre la .. infact nearly all the movies which came after 2003 ..... :(

ya.. with CDs available for Rs10.. who will go to the theatre to see the movie :lol:

Vasanth, You can watch Thirupathi in anyone of the following theatres
* Poornima
* Balaji (vivek nagar) etc

Avoid PVR.. coz it is a mass film :D

Also, WATCH OUR GODFATHER IN PVR :P :P

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 11:52 AM
<digr>
well ... Poornima theatre ...andha market area va ... chancey illa ... no company to come to that kind of theatres ... probably Natraj la yo illa Sampige la yo vandha try pannalaam .... PVR la 100 rs koduthu paathu veruthu poga vendaamnnu solreengala ;-) :lol:

why God Father in PVR ???? ;-)

</digr>

swathy
19th April 2006, 12:32 PM

ya.. with CDs available for Rs10.. who will go to the theatre to see the movie :lol:

Vasanth, You can watch Thirupathi in anyone of the following theatres
* Poornima
* Balaji (vivek nagar) etc

Avoid PVR.. coz it is a mass film :D

Also, WATCH OUR GODFATHER IN PVR :P :P

selva this thread is for puberty function :-)

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 12:38 PM
sorry swathy ... digr !

rami
19th April 2006, 12:44 PM
:shock: :x :evil: :twisted: :oops: :( :o

Y such a thread .................. Its just a biological change in a woman.. Y make a mess of it..

Shakthiprabha.
I agree with SS. Its kinda embarassing. It never is a big fucntion in our family culture. So, when one of my friend, (not so close, yet close enough) had her function, I was called by her parents to attend the function. She was seated in a seperate chair and both men and women came and CONGRATULATED HER :roll:. She took it normally, I was the one turning crimson as it was kinda embarassing being congratulated on the eve of becoming a woman! :shock: :|

selvakumar
selva this thread is for puberty function :-)

I think the very purpose of this thread is over..

Why should we bring it again and again..

IF u want, u can post something which we don't know regarding this function.

anyhow, ending the digression :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 12:49 PM
WHETHER IT IS SAREE, OR PUBERTY FUNCTION, we find MEN DISCUSSING IT more seriously :roll:

rami
19th April 2006, 12:55 PM
Even I have seen my friends seated in big swans, peacocks dressed up in Silk sarees jewels and all.. One of my friends was really very upset regarding the whole show. She was a very outspoken and a free person.. But after that she became very reserved and confined to herself..

swathy
19th April 2006, 01:01 PM
In those days it was a must. Its not necessary for the current generation .

This is an opportunity for maternal uncle (Thaimaman) to show their love and power. :-)

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 01:01 PM
idhu opinion dhaane Shakthi ... so wats wrong in men discussing it ?

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 01:03 PM
Men can also be their Fathers and to be husbands ... so i guess men can discuss about this ...

idhu enna nnu therinjukkiravangalaiyum namma thadukka mudiyaadhu ,, appadi thadukkanum nna idhu thread a vandhirukka koodaadhu ,.,..

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 01:04 PM
love fine. i underrstand

what do u mean power :shock:

rami
19th April 2006, 01:04 PM

This is an opportunity for maternal uncle (Thaimaman) to show their love and power. :-)

Wat I told happened in 1998.. Is it "those days or that generation" ..?

rami
19th April 2006, 01:05 PM
BG unga avatar super...

Nadhiya Nadhiya nile nadhiya..

swathy
19th April 2006, 01:05 PM
love fine. i underrstand

money power

seer seiyanumla :D

swathy
19th April 2006, 01:06 PM

Wat I told happened in 1998.. Is it "those days or that generation" ..?

I didnt read ur post rami. this is my general opinion :-)

rami
19th April 2006, 01:06 PM
:)

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 01:08 PM
vasanth

theriyama solliten. ennai mannichu vitrunga.

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 01:11 PM
love fine. i underrstand

money power

seer seiyanumla :D

oh antha power aa :lol:

money power...... :lol:

sari. :P

selvakumar
19th April 2006, 01:40 PM
WHETHER IT IS SAREE, OR PUBERTY FUNCTION, we find MEN DISCUSSING IT more seriously :roll:

and be it

SMOKING

DRIKING

DRUG etc

We see women seriously THINKING about it :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 02:03 PM
:roll: :huh:

saree, pb function pertain to CELBRATION OF WOMANHOOD

drinking, smoking i assume pertain exclusively to the detriment of MANHOOD!?!?!

Lambretta
19th April 2006, 02:07 PM
IMO, not MANHOOD but MANKIND itself! :(

selvakumar
19th April 2006, 02:07 PM
:roll: :huh:

saree, pb function pertain to CELBRATION OF WOMANHOOD

CAn u put some light into this? :lol:

You meant the discussion.. I am also referring to the same :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 02:16 PM

leawve it selva. u win :P :evil:

I meant to say, IT DOES NOT CAUSE Any havoc (saree or pb)

aiwa
19th April 2006, 03:05 PM
[tscii]I oppose to the celebration of the function. Vehemently oppose to it . Seriously .

This is my case . I am brought up abroad and I am the first grandchild . So I have never seen any of my cousins go through this foolish function before mine .

When I came of age , I didn’t even know what it was. My mom just explained to me in a few minutes and told me a function will be held the same day in our flat . One Aunty , ( a family friend was going to be like an Athai for me) , came and poured that dirty Turmeric water over me in the bath tub in the bathroom of my house. That day , I didn’t know what the hell it was and what they were doing .

Later , almost two months later , when we came for vacations to India , my grandfather , since I am the first grand child arranged a huge function . We had some 500 guests. My grand-dad ran a stupid loss making transport business and all the drivers didn’t know what present to give . Finally they all pooled in money and got posters for my function . All over my district , that stupid function was advertised . ( *cries) .

Even then I didn’t understand what the function was all about .
I got a three CD’s full of video and two huge album full of pictures .In one album it was written , Pupunintha Neeratu Vizha and on the other , it was written PUBERTY in bold letters

The first day , one witch , ( I would replace the “w” with a “b” and call her that ….I hate that lady soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much . ) came and was the make up lady for me . She is a total fool and used some cheap make up and fake jewelry . I was dressed in all the possible Hindu goddesses and also Shakuntala and a typical “Village” get up . Oh , I can’t forget the “Malayali” style , “Marathi” , “Guju” style Sari.

I feel like slapping that lady even today . I wish I can boil her in hot oil and spices . Not only that . She went around telling everyone . “ That girl didn’t co-operate . But still I managed to do a good job.”
I would rather say , I managed to look good , not that she managed to use her third rate quality stuff to create a “Mona Lisa” out of me . I be honest , I am not Photogenic and I looked like a Jothika in that “Ra ra” song from Chandramuki .

More so , coz I was almost crying. So much of jewelry and heavy lighting and people shouting at me to wear this and that . I went mad . Really Mad . In the photo , however , It was okay . The video , you can make out I had tears in my eyes .

In my place , even if you cough in one place , the entire district will know within a few minutes . Tirunelveli is the last place , any body should visit. The people are just too much . I was actually shouting at my MOM(coz I didn’t like the heavy jewelry and lighting …and I wanted to tell some one about it …..and I was angry …..i kept screaming at my Mom…). The fact that I didn’t co operate ( actually it was good of me to have resisted kicking that crazy female for two days . ) went around the whole district. My function album was sent around and many people liked it . Of course , my dad paid the photo guy a lot and he did a good job . But people though this female is an exellent make up lady . In any function , they started calling this female any function I attend I see this woman again and again . Thanks to me , she got her popularity .

The first day ( Photo shot day was over .)
The second day was the actual function .

Then the usual family problems will come .My mom’s eldest brother was not there. Only his wife was present . Moreover , she has had some miscarriages in the past. So my mom’s second brother and his wife did all the Crap formalities for me .
They are not very well off and I did like them buying an expensive sari for me.

This was some time when I was in class six . Two or three years later , I realized the absurdity of the function
One day , some labor guys were at my house and after finishing the work , they were playing with my little sister . My sister was watching Tv and opened the cupboards and started showing all her favorite cartoon CDs and this function CD showed up. My sister came to me went and put that CD and played it .

God , I was soo embarrassed . It is okay in India , Not here .

Even in India , I can’t envisage showing a guy that. I hid the Cd’s with my diaries . I would have actually thrown it away . But my dad had spent a lot .

In the end , it was a talk of the town , that the total expenditure on that stupid function was 2 lakh and a half rupees.

If I ever become a politician , once I get on to power , I will ban the public celebration of such a function. I can be held privately in the house and with only the essential people to be invited . You can ban the function on the whole , coz it is a tradition , but public celebration is to be banned , banned , banned .

It is highly provocative to a women’s privacy . Imagine men knowing the fact that you have come of age . Yuck ( into a million times) .

There is nothing wrong in Men talking about it . I study in a CBSE school here . We have only Indian students and teachers . It is as good as saying I am studying in India. But as addition education , for classes six to nine they separate boys and girls and give “sex education”. In class Ten , it is learnt as a subject in Biology .There , both boys and girls are in the same room as they teach it .It removes the eccentricity of discussing a topic like that . (till ninth , they just talk about puberty . Only in tenth , they talk about sex )

The girls start the classes in class six and boys only in class seven .It is not openly told , as “ sex education” . They just tell the guys , “You get a free lesson” and call all the girls to talk about puberty .Later they do it the guys . .I remember how excited they got , when they were called . They came back smiling and sniggering like it was a big joke .

But in the long run , it was different. If some girl was just quiet or not feeling well . They would not make a big issue. They’ll go call some other girl. Had it been earlier , if a girl was sick, and didn’t have any one around to accompany to the Nurse room , they would go like , “ what you are getting constipated or what ?”

The first time , we were actually told about sex , it was in class ten .We had it in Biology classes and additionally in those “so called sex education classes .” It was the whole class and not separated as boys and girls .

Some of us were irritated and some excited. Some keenly interested . Later , the teacher hung a chart with the reproductive organs diagrams and went out of class .

I still remember some guy saying , “Damn , ours is more complicated to draw than you girls’ man !” and the entire class went like “stooooooooooooooooppp it”.

In the long run , it is not wrong or disgusting . Here guys don’t excited . Guys and girls talk or joke about it together . In some places in India , it is a hush hush thing.
If guys don’t know what it is , they will get more inquisitive and that ends up , in them watching Porn , which is highly misleading.

But public declaration and celebration of a girl’s maturity , when the girl is not even aware of It , is very stupid and a huge waste of time and money .

It may be against tradition . But people should understand the ramifications of such a function .Think about it rationally and try to follow the tradition as simply and quietly as possible or avoid it altogether . And please , today girls are aware of many things and we like to dress according to our taste. No girl today dresses to impress some one else.(If she does , she does not morally belong to the current generation ). We have our style and comfort as top priority . So please don’t restrict girls to some traditional clothes . Definitely , you can impose restrictions on vulgarity.
Last but not the least, even if it is expensive , buy good make up . Never buy cheap ones or call any Make up artiste , unless the girl is okay with it . Many girls today know how use make up . Leave it to them with some good quality resources. Cheap make up , affects the skin . If that is not affordable , no make up is better than cheap make up .
After all , even a plain Jane looks great !

NM
19th April 2006, 03:18 PM
MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCH a long post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 03:41 PM

I laughed @ nm's post :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
19th April 2006, 03:43 PM
aiwa,

i am in a hurry now. I would look into ur post and share my comments later :)

Lambretta
19th April 2006, 03:43 PM
*digr
MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCH a long post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :roll:
Yea, this one sure is too! :P :lol:

/digr

a.ratchasi
19th April 2006, 03:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

swathy
19th April 2006, 05:30 PM
:lol: :rotfl:

somepeople will arrange the function just a day before marriage.

great
19th April 2006, 05:55 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Aiwa, Such a long post :|

ssanjinika
19th April 2006, 06:53 PM
Aiwa though its a really long post,it must have felt good to get all that of your chest :P .
Chalk it up to one not so good experience in your life and put it in the far recess of your mind :).Def not a good experience!

narayanan
19th April 2006, 09:41 PM
ammadiyov aiwa'ku aniyaya (A'naku A'na ;) ) porumai.

IMO the ceremony lost its original pupose long back, even during our grandparent times. None of my 1st degree or 2nd degree relatives seemed to have married within a relative. In a country where there is enough problems for a girl's parents and the girl to worry about, why 'oora kooti' put the girl in an awkward postition :-/. Morover having a ceremony and lot people itself adds unwanted curiosity and attention from the people in that area.

The ceremony although highly irrelevant in the present day is still followed largely due to grandparental pressure. The problem is, not many parents hear to what the 10 and odd year old, they themselves being under pressure.

Hopefully the current toddlers should be free from it, with their parents being sensible enough to give up their old fashioned thoughts or talk their parents against this.

But hey, some are exact opposite of aiwa, they seem to like all the attention and gifts. avanga ellam pannalena konnuduvanga :lol:

Alan
19th April 2006, 10:28 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never heard of such absurd functions around my area- like when my sister came off age, ( I think I was in std 4 & she is std 7 then) I didn't know a thing about all this- some relatives gave her gold & silk salwaar khameez/lehangas etc & I kept wondering why no one gave me anything! :roll: It was much later I realised all this.
But it was a strict family affair- no videos or anything Good Lord!

aiwa, I understand how frustrating & embarrasing this whole experience has been for you! 2.5 lakhs for this function??? :shock: :shock: :shock: - why ! a modest wedding can be held at that cost!!!!!

I see no reason why such functions should be held? Is it a kind of warning, "My daughter is mature now- keep away from her." or " My daughter is fit for reproduction now- Suitors are welcome to ask for her hand & extend their lineage."????????

Lambretta
19th April 2006, 11:12 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never heard of such absurd functions around my area- like when my sister came off age, ( I think I was in std 4 & she is std 7 then) I didn't know a thing about all this- some relatives gave her gold & silk salwaar khameez/lehangas etc & I kept wondering why no one gave me anything! :roll: It was much later I realised all this.
But it was a strict family affair- no videos or anything Good Lord!
Say, Alan, r such ceremonies for adolescent girls conducted even in the North?
Tat reminds me, did u see the movie 'Anadi' (*ing Telugu actor Venkatesh), u know......wen the 3 bros. come to know their sis. has reached puberty, they conduct a grand ceremony for her.....but I've heard them being conducted commonly only in the South.....
But yea, I agree.....y the need to make this a public event at all?
It can be like, a simple private function w/ only family members (even close relatives I wudnt count unless a joint family) who KNOW of this b4hand.....IMO no need to make this known to 10 ppl.....! :)
Incidentally, I rem. many yrs ago a colleague of my father had once invited us to a similar ceremony he was conducting wen his daughter reached tat age.....but my mother declined to let me come along as she didnt think it right for an adolescent boy to attend a function wher a girl's adolescence was so obviously made known.....

ssanjinika
19th April 2006, 11:18 PM
*DIGR*

Hey Lamby! Long time no see :)
Been busy huh?
*End DIGR*

Lambretta
19th April 2006, 11:34 PM
*DIGR*

Hey Lamby! Long time no see :)
Been busy huh?
*End DIGR*
*DIGR*
Hi SS! :D
Hm...yea, u cud say I've been busy! :lol:
Actually preparing for my IRDA exam for next month, plus More imp.! helping a friend (in pune) buy a rare Lambretta over here.....getting it into our hands isnt as smooth as we'd expected...but keeping my fingers crossed! :)
But altho I havnt been participating in ne discussions here, I've been a silent spectator of the recent posts...jus been sitting & reading most of them for 5-6 mins the last few days...! :)

/DIGR

azhagi
20th April 2006, 12:28 AM
I am really feeling sad...sad for myself. :( :(

Nobody acknowledges my presence in this forum..I keep giving comments in many threads but nobody even mentions it :cry:

See now I've graduated from Newbie to Junior,still no comments...

Yaarukum enne pidikale nenaikiren...ok,yennaku enamo vayase konjum adhigam thaan(33) aanna adhkagge enne ippadiya odhiki vakaradhu... :roll:

Idhukku kooda yarrum oru comment kudikalenna,apparam na indha foruthukku Tatannu than solanum.. :wave:

Sanguine Sridhar
20th April 2006, 12:32 AM
Cool down Azhagi!! :D You know it happens!!! :roll: Hey yaaruppa ingga Azhagiyoda pesa ma irrukuradhu :evil: ..Pesungappa!! 8-)

azhagi
20th April 2006, 12:34 AM
Thank you,Sridhar,

now I have some hope... :D

Sanguine Sridhar
20th April 2006, 12:41 AM
No Problem!!! Enjoy hubbing!! :D :D Keep on posting..Adhuellam yosikkavey koodathu :lol: Yaaru reply pannina enna pannulana enna..Ungga manasula ulladha ellam sollungO!! :D

swathy
20th April 2006, 08:59 AM
Azhagi ungalukku avatar pathi thania pm anuppinenla ennai gyabagam irukka? :roll:

bingleguy
20th April 2006, 09:06 AM
indha topic innum odudhaa ?

Arthi
20th April 2006, 09:16 AM
Hi Azhagi how are u? am fine :) am Arthi.

Have a nice day
Sandhoshama eppa ungalukku. :D

Lambretta
20th April 2006, 10:00 AM
*digr
Hi Azhagi how are u? am fine :) am Arthi.

Have a nice day
Sandhoshama eppa ungalukku. :D
R u 'fine' or Arthi? :?
Jus kidding! :wink: :D

So Azhagi, howz life? :)
Btw, wher r u from & wher in CA do u live? My sis used to live in San Jose.....:)

/digr

bingleguy
20th April 2006, 11:29 AM
digression dhaan oduthu ..... :roll:

great
20th April 2006, 12:03 PM
digression dhaan oduthu ..... :roll:

This thread itself a digression :banghead: :banghead:

aiwa
20th April 2006, 01:44 PM
Well ..i know my Post is very LOOOOOONNNGGG ...

but ...surely ...if people read it ..it will convice them to NOT celebrate the thing ..

Seriously ...it is not just my story ...it voices the concerns of the present teen-girl community ....

Shakthiprabha.
20th April 2006, 01:49 PM
I am really feeling sad...sad for myself. :( :(

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii azhagi. we are all there. dont feel sad :)

Nobody acknowledges my presence in this forum..I keep giving comments in many threads but nobody even mentions it :cry:

u have such a beautiful name. HOW COME NOBODY NOTICED U :roll:

:P

See now I've graduated from Newbie to Junior,still no comments...

wowwwwww. does not that need celebration azhagi?
I like calling ur name. As its cute :)

Yaarukum enne pidikale nenaikiren...ok,

enakku romba pidichirukku :D esp unga peru :P

yennaku enamo vayase konjum adhigam thaan(33)

hahahaha :lol: :rotfl:

veliya solli mattikatheenga. apram vayasaana pattam kattida poraanga.
btw, naanum 34 years :)

aanna adhkagge enne ippadiya odhiki vakaradhu... :roll:

cha cha..... naan kooda vayasu athigam thaan. ennai yarum othukara mathiri therila. APDIYE OTHUKKINAALUM, NAAN MARUPADI VANTHU ATHAI PATHI KAVALIYEEEEEEEEEEE PADAMA VERA POST PANNUVEN :D :rotfl:

Idhukku kooda yarrum oru comment kudikalenna,apparam na indha foruthukku Tatannu than solanum.. :wave:

dont go dame. I like ur name. STAY BACK :P

selvakumar
20th April 2006, 01:51 PM
Well ..i know my Post is very LOOOOOONNNGGG ...

but ...surely ...if people read it ..it will convice them to NOT celebrate the thing ..

Seriously ...it is not just my story ...it voices the concerns of the present teen-girl community ....

Hey Aiwa.. NO offense meant.. all are just kidding :wink:

I went through your post. It just explains your mental agony and frustration towards these functions (which are conducted against ur will)

This reminds me one incident:

It was the puberty ceremoney of my friend's sister. She was not blood related to him but it is like Chitthi(aunty)'s daughter etc.

He bought a costly present for the function. We were away from our home town at that time. We went to the function before some 30 mins. Both of us entered the room and were kidding our sister.

Then my friend with great happiness and smile on his face tried to give that gift to his sister. Suddenly a hand stopped that and said

"ONly that murai maaman (mother's brother) should give the first gift and stopped that one" My friend felt sad and was irritated to the core.

We waited for the time. I was anxious to see the MURAI MAAMAN. They announced his arrival. There I saw a MIDDLE -AGED MAN (in his 45+) , fat, SHORT etc.. arrived like a ROMIO in Veshti-Shirt etc..and presented his gift :rotfl:

We felt like "Idukku thaan ivvalavu scene ah" :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
20th April 2006, 01:54 PM
selvakumar,

Maternal uncle (maama) should give the gift.
If the poor guy is 45, whats his fault? Does it mean, he needs less attention? :D

aiwa
20th April 2006, 01:55 PM
Well .. i was more fristrated ..becoz of the hype ..and hue .....during the function ..

only later did i realise why the function was held ...

Even as guys .....don't u'll feel ...embrassed to go to a girl's function ....especially if u know the girl ... ? ....

selvakumar
20th April 2006, 01:57 PM
selvakumar,

Maternal uncle (maama) should give the gift.
If the poor guy is 45, whats his fault? Does it mean, he needs less attention? :D

IMHO, It is one more stupid law to promote marriages within the realtion itself :banghead:

He doesn't deserve attention from others coz HE WAS THE LARGE ATTACTION on that day :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
20th April 2006, 02:03 PM
[tscii:fde3d92218]

One Aunty , ( a family friend was going to be like an Athai for me) , came and poured that dirty Turmeric water over me in the bath tub in the bathroom of my house. That day , I didn’t know what the hell it was and what they were doing .

:D Cant it be a CLEAN TURMERIC WATER? :roll:

Later , almost two months later , when we came for vacations to India , my grandfather , since I am the first grand child arranged a huge function . We had some 500 guests. My grand-dad ran a stupid loss making transport business and all the drivers didn’t know what present to give . Finally they all pooled in money and got posters for my function . All over my district , that stupid function was advertised . ( *cries) .

oh goddddddddd :roll: :( :(
We understand ur embarassment :(

She is a total fool and used some cheap make up and fake jewelry . I was dressed in all the possible Hindu goddesses and also Shakuntala and a typical “Village” get up . Oh , I can’t forget the “Malayali” style , “Marathi” , “Guju” style Sari.

Was that some entertainment :roll:

She went around telling everyone . “ That girl didn’t co-operate . But still I managed to do a good job.”

:(

I be honest , I am not Photogenic and I looked like a Jothika in that “Ra ra” song from Chandramuki .

:lol: :D

More so , coz I was almost crying. So much of jewelry and heavy lighting and people shouting at me to wear this and that . I went mad . Really Mad . In the photo , however , It was okay . The video , you can make out I had tears in my eyes .

:) Try and forget it aiwa. Very bad memories indeed. :(

The second day was the actual function .

:shock: :roll:

the total expenditure on that stupid function was 2 lakh and a half rupees.

:mad: :evil:

I am clueless what to say. I perfectly understand. ALL THIS MONEY, could have been donated to poor instead of............ :( never mind....... :roll:

It is highly provocative to a women’s privacy . Imagine men knowing the fact that you have come of age .

:( :mad: yup

In the long run , it is not wrong or disgusting . Here guys don’t excited . Guys and girls talk or joke about it together . In some places in India , it is a hush hush thing.
If guys don’t know what it is , they will get more inquisitive and that ends up , in them watching Porn , which is highly misleading.

I agree iwth ur view coMPLETELY

aiwa, these functions are not encouraged much these days. Esp the make up part, I understand how much pis*sed off u are. Kewl it and forget it like a bad dream.

You should be happy to know, THESE CUSTOMS are much on decreasing side. [/tscii:fde3d92218]

aiwa
20th April 2006, 02:15 PM
Well ..definately ...i forgot it totally ....
it was long back ....

Thank GOD .....in my family ..that murai maman marriage does not exist and never existed in the past ....

I am soo glad ....at least ...

Imagine marrying your uncle ....

sme people call their sister;s husband as mama ...in my family .. they say mappilai ....or athan ....

Shakthiprabha.
20th April 2006, 02:22 PM
yeah.......its......... weird thought

I dont subscribe to cousins too (athai payyan maama payyan etc)

nilavupriyan
20th April 2006, 03:02 PM
Well .. i was more fristrated ..becoz of the hype ..and hue .....during the function ..

only later did i realise why the function was held ...

Even as guys .....don't u'll feel ...embrassed to go to a girl's function ....especially if u know the girl ... ? ....

yeah!..... but what if she feel sad for not seeing me!...may be its a sign for us to love :lol: :lol: ..just kidding!

anyway....i hate this function and i havent gone to any of these relative's festivals even when my parents call....

what did they do when we guys come of age...naanga mattum poganuma...rediculous...idiots :evil: :twisted:

Lambretta
20th April 2006, 03:41 PM
what did they do when we guys come of age...naanga mattum poganuma...rediculous...idiots :evil: :twisted:
Oho...so athu naale thaan ungaluku intha function kanda pudikatha??! :lol:

nilavupriyan
20th April 2006, 03:51 PM
:lol: just kidding lamby!

its embrassing

crazy
20th April 2006, 03:55 PM
God i hate this puberty function! its so awkward!
i told my parents that i dont want such crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but they wasnt listening to me at all! i even cried, but no use. stupid ppl! :evil:
i still wonder why they make such a scene when a girl get age attend!
if i get married and if i have a daughter! i wont do these stupid puberty function inviting ppl at all!

crazy
20th April 2006, 04:00 PM
Well ..definately ...i forgot it totally ....
it was long back ....

Thank GOD .....in my family ..that murai maman marriage does not exist and never existed in the past ....

I am soo glad ....at least ...
Imagine marrying your uncle ....

sme people call their sister;s husband as mama ...in my family .. they say mappilai ....or athan ....

yes aiwa, its incest marrying ones own uncle!(sorry if i hurt anyone, but it is)
i always used to wonder what kind of tradition this is!
we dont even call akkas husband as maama, we call athaan! and we dont even call ur uncles sons as maama, they r also athaanas!

great
20th April 2006, 04:08 PM
SP, is that emotions enough :roll: :roll: :roll: :?

nilavupriyan
20th April 2006, 07:20 PM

she is lady anniyan....appappa face expressiona maathuvaanga...

apparama nalla saapiduvaanga yaarukkum micham vaikkama

Hulkster
20th April 2006, 07:42 PM
While some of the girls here hated your puberty functions...i presided over my sister's puberty function and there were no bad vibes or aftermath
reactions from my sister about the function...the function was celebrated like a huge bday party and since Singapore is multiracial...some of her chinese and malay friends dropped in as well to see how a puberty function is appreciated(btw sometimes they dance to the songs posted there...its really celebrated like a party there)

I feel that due to the upbringing of children in a multiracial society and the way girls and boy mix has like put off the thoughts of embarassment or any other bad vibes from the puberty functions. Most teens here take the coming of age inseriously and actually think of it as a nice event in our culture(the chinese and malays are in awe of it).

Sometimes the way we perceive our surroundings and how we see the opposite sex might affect the way we have puberty functions...some people might enjoy the attention while some may not like having other boys knowing coming of their age...it really depends on the individual.

After reading some of the girls posts and comparing it with my sister's function..i believe that it was due to the way the functions are perceived that had affected them and make them think of the puberty functions like that.

great
20th April 2006, 08:38 PM

apparama nalla saapiduvaanga yaarukkum micham vaikkama :lol:

Fire111999
20th April 2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks

Idhukku oru thread!!! Hmm...Ennamo pongga...Lungi,Saree,Mango ippo idhu??? :roll:

i agree that this is a horrible thread. but what's wrong with a saree or mangoes?

azhagi
20th April 2006, 08:51 PM
Hi Swathy,yes,ofcourse I remember you,my first friend in this forum!

Arthi,Lambretta and SP 'akka'(neenga 34 naan 33 thaan),thanks for welcoming me to this forum.I should say thanks to Bay anna (or is it thambi) for welcoming me in the 'Puthandu vazhthukal' thread.

Now I am sure to stick to this forum like glue. :D

Sanguine Sridhar
20th April 2006, 08:58 PM
Sir-a marandhuteenga :( ...Eppadiyo nalla irrundha seri!! :D ...Neengalum Shakthiprabha(Ennakku KM) maadhiri very very young pennO? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
20th April 2006, 09:22 PM

:evil: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :evil: :mad:

apparama nalla saapiduvaanga yaarukkum micham vaikkama

:hammer:

ellaam GREAT aala vanthathu :mad:

Shakthiprabha.
20th April 2006, 09:25 PM
Arthi,Lambretta and SP 'akka'(neenga 34 naan 33 thaan),thanks for welcoming me to this forum.I should say thanks to Bay anna (or is it thambi) for welcoming me in the 'Puthandu vazhthukal' thread.

IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD????????????

OH MY GOD.

orE oru vayasu
only one year
sirf ek hee saal ka farak

and u call me akkaaaaaaaaaa? :roll:

azhagi........ ithu nyayama? :evil:

enodu real peru -----------------------secret!
I am a Keralite brought up in Chennai married to a Tamilian(he was my boss at work!).

wow. interesting ! :)

Worked in Chennai in a MNC for 10 yrs,now in U.S for the last 1 yr,husband got transferred here.I am now at home taking care of my 3 1/2 yr old son.Well,that's me.

Interesting again.

Please tell bout urself in GETTING TO KNOW U thread :)

Lambretta
20th April 2006, 09:28 PM
DIG

OH MY GOD.

orE oru vayasu
only one year

:lol: :lol:

/DIG

ssanjinika
20th April 2006, 09:41 PM
yup...azhagi I think u would have gotten more responses in the getting to know you thread :)
Ana engaum nalla start than :).
Welcome to the hub..and pls keep posting.Controversial post aga irrunda odana notice pannduvom ellana konja time edukkum avalothan difference :D :wink:

narayanan
20th April 2006, 09:45 PM
Well I had a thought which I forgot to mention the previous time...Whats wrong in expressing your thoughts on a puberty ceremony under a reasonable anonymity of a forum ? Are'nt we all grownup enough (4 donkey age :lol:) to talk without much embarassment?

As aiwa said, making sex education hush-hush just makes it worse for the people causing more embarassment. after all everyone gets to know about puberty and sex some point of time. Its a responsibility of the parent to let them know at the right time without making them feel uncomfy.

Lambretta
20th April 2006, 10:17 PM
Are'nt we all grownup enough (4 donkey age :lol:) to talk without much embarassment?
Nope not all of us r tat grown up! :oops: :lol:

As aiwa said, making sex education hush-hush just makes it worse for the people causing more embarassment. after all everyone gets to know about puberty and sex some point of time. Its a responsibility of the parent to let them know at the right time without making them feel uncomfy.
Um....but how wud knowing abt sex hav nething to do in this case? Its jus abt making a girl's puberty known rite....? :?

azhagi
20th April 2006, 11:04 PM
Sridhar Sir,Naan ungale marapenna...neenga thaane ennakku first ray of hope kuduthathu... :D

Aamman,unga avatharile,yen Dravid etikaliye pidikarar :roll: :roll:

Sir-a marandhuteenga :( ...Eppadiyo nalla irrundha seri!! :D ...Neengalum Shakthiprabha(Ennakku KM) maadhiri very very young pennO? :roll:

azhagi
20th April 2006, 11:08 PM
Lamby,

I am in Sacramento...anybody knows Sacramento---well,it is the capital of California.

Everybody knows Los Angeles and San franscisco ,but nobody knows Sacramento.

[quote="Lambretta
So Azhagi, howz life? :)
Btw, wher r u from & wher in CA do u live? My sis used to live in San Jose.....:)

/digr[/quote]

Lambretta
20th April 2006, 11:14 PM
*digr
Lamby,

I am in Sacramento...anybody knows Sacramento---well,it is the capital of California.

Everybody knows Los Angeles and San franscisco ,but nobody knows Sacramento.
Yea I've heard abt tat place from my sister...she'd been ther a no. of times. :)

/digr

Sanguine Sridhar
21st April 2006, 12:42 AM
Sridhar Sir,Naan ungale marapenna...neenga thaane ennakku first ray of hope kuduthathu... :D

Aamman,unga avatharile,yen Dravid etikaliye pidikarar :roll: :roll:

I can also understand English Azhagi!! :? :(

NM
21st April 2006, 03:45 AM
aiwa :
I can understand your embarassment :oops:
But, your post was such a long one that it took me some time to digest it :roll: and I don't agree with yr 'dirty turmeric water' exp....turmeric water is good for cleansing....... :wink: Anyway, spending so much for this kind of function irks me...when the money could be aptly spent elsewhere on the needy....

shakthi : azhagi ungala akka-nu sollraanggalE, athu OK. aunty-nu sollalEyE... :P athu innum mOsam illeiyaa??

azhagi :
welcome to the hub! intha maathiri-la kavalai pada koodaathu!! enakkum antha experience undu :D enjoy, have fun.. Paattukku paattu pakkam konjam vaangga...bEshaa irukkum! :D

azhagi
21st April 2006, 04:26 AM
OK, Sridhar Sir,I will now write in English only.

NM, Paatu threadiku vandhita pochi,avalo thaane....sorry.....I will put it in English...Song thread,I will come,is that all!! ..... :rotfl:

SP,pardon me ...mannichudunge...Iwill never call you akka again...Vaadi,podi okaya... :wink:

Sorry for spoiling your thread with my own introduction,Kavitha,let's discuss the original topic.So, have you got what you wanted...

Sanguine Sridhar
21st April 2006, 07:05 AM
Beauty!! I dont really get what you said about Dravid :roll: Can you put that in English please??

temporary sori-Observer
21st April 2006, 07:19 AM
:?:

temporary sori-Observer
21st April 2006, 07:30 AM
Aamman,unga avatharile,yen Dravid etikaliye pidikarar

etikali - ettukaali - spider-nu ninaikkiREn !

crazy
21st April 2006, 01:08 PM
While some of the girls here hated your puberty functions...i presided over my sister's puberty function and there were no bad vibes or aftermath
...it really depends on the individual.

After reading some of the girls posts and comparing it with my sister's function..i believe that it was due to the way the functions are perceived that had affected them and make them think of the puberty functions like that.

hulk what r u trying to say? do u mean that ur sister enjoyed the function!
it is not only the way the celebration was held i hate, i hate the whole tradition of making fus of when a girl get "matured"! :twisted:
i dont feel there is any thing to celebrate at all! whats so big deal, a girl get age attend, so what, is it some sort of wonder, every girl does, every girl has done ever since human evolution!!!!!!!!
before giving the girl what that is, how she has to go trough this, how she has to do all sort of things, ppl make a call and pass this "filthy" news to the world!
iam not totally against it, if its written in ur religion( :?: ) or it is a tradition then do it. invite some very close female reletatives and do all those stuffs which has to be done in ur home, instead of waisting money and annoying the girl!

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 01:28 PM
As i said...it depends on how people see this functions...yes my sister didnt mind the function at all..she did not enjoy it due to her sitting at one place all the time...:D

crazy
21st April 2006, 01:34 PM
As i said...it depends on how people see this functions...yes my sister didnt mind the function at all..she did not enjoy it due to her sitting at one place all the time...:D
how old was she then?(answer if its alright only)

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 01:38 PM
14 Vayathinilae.....

great
21st April 2006, 01:41 PM
enodu real peru -----------------------secret!

Nice name secret !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome to the hub secret :P

great
21st April 2006, 01:43 PM
:hammer:

ellaam GREAT aala vanthathu :mad:

Naan ennap panean :roll: :roll: :roll: oru innocent meLa ippadi pali podreenga :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 01:44 PM
Great...unga nakkalakku oru alavae kideiyaatha?..:D

great
21st April 2006, 01:44 PM
:D

great
21st April 2006, 01:45 PM
-duplicate

selvakumar
21st April 2006, 02:02 PM
This thread reminds me one scene from Ajith's movie "Rettai Jadai VAyasu"

Ajith and koundar will be travelling in a boat. They will find something covered with the screen. They will ask the conductor regarding this.

He will say that since their Judge's daughter had attained age, she is behind the screen and is being protected

Ajith will express his wish to koundar for seeing that girls face. But due to the situation, they ll avoid it and will try the other way.

Ajith will sing that beautiful song "KAANCHI PATTU SELAI KATTI" to attract that girl (by telling his wishes & expectation no his furture wife)

At the end,

SOMEONE WILL CALL >> MAMA ..:rotfl: BOTH OF THEM WILL DISAPPEAR @ THAT MOMENT ITSELF.. :lol:

great
21st April 2006, 02:05 PM

OH MY GOD.

orE oru vayasu
only one year

:rotfl: :lol:

bingleguy
21st April 2006, 02:08 PM
:lol:

seri ... indha section aarambicha andha Kavitha Ravi ...enga kaanum ... escape ???? :roll:

crazy
21st April 2006, 03:20 PM
14 Vayathinilae.....

but what do she feel now, does she have any opinion about puberty functions! is she with or against such functions!(try do ask her, if thats ok)!!!!!!!!!!!!

great
21st April 2006, 03:25 PM
14 Vayathinilae.....

but what do she feel now, does she have any opinion about puberty functions! is she with or against such functions!(try do ask her, if thats ok)!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead: is that important

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 03:26 PM
Well teens here forget functions like this and treat like some normal bday party......I have asked her about it before and she jokingly said she will avoid all guys now..she was normal both before and after the function.

Hulkster
21st April 2006, 03:27 PM
Nah she is not against such functions..as i said they treat it like a normal function...no excitement...or no embarassment..just normal..

crazy
21st April 2006, 03:33 PM
hulk then i have nothing more to say!
but i hate such functions and iam totally against it!i feel its like some sort of discrimination!

GREAT: i asked her age and what she feels now, b'coz i wanted to understand how teen girls feel about puberty functions!

ssanjinika
21st April 2006, 08:11 PM
Selva,
Thappa eduthukathenga..ana andha Ajith story nejamavE rasikara madiri ella :oops:

Lambretta
21st April 2006, 08:14 PM
Selva,
Thappa eduthukathenga..ana andha Ajith story nejamavE rasikara madiri ella :oops:
Yea, esp. tat song.....:oops:

nilavupriyan
21st April 2006, 08:27 PM
sari..indha threadoda mudivu enna...puberty function venuma vendama..sollungappa

azhagi
21st April 2006, 09:00 PM
I think I got tamil spelling wrong-I meant Spider....

Beauty!! I dont really get what you said about Dravid :roll: Can you put that in English please??

Querida
22nd April 2006, 06:28 AM
Here it's a big popularity contest...who goes into more debt making their girl's ceremony bigger :roll: really it's significance is gone...and it's embarrasing...I hate when people call it the Puberty Ceremony it sounds soo yucky! I would call it a coming-of-age ceremony...so much more decent sounding....I mean it's ok if it tradition something within immediate family members, but just doing it to show you can make it more grander...pathetic :roll:

hey just for fun guys should get a ceremony when they are able to grown mustache...isn't that how the song goes...."vaadaa machchan vayasukku vandhuteah meesa molachchu munnukku vandhuteah" :lol:

temporary sori-Observer
22nd April 2006, 07:10 AM
Azhagi akka,

neenga ezhuthinathe kashta pattu understand paNNi, naanum spider-nu thaane sonnen? adhe neenga kaNdukkavE illai :twisted:. Neenga mattum yaarum neenga post paNrathe padikkarathe illennu solreenga !

temporary sori-Observer
22nd April 2006, 07:15 AM
should get a ceremony when they are able to grown mustache...isn't that how the song goes...."vaadaa machchan vayasukku vandhuteah meesa molachchu munnukku vandhuteah" :lol:

Vayasu vandhathum meesai vandhathaa,
Meesai vandhathaal vayasu vandhathaa?

(third)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.5149/

Querida
22nd April 2006, 07:24 AM
i was just kidding temp-so :)

nilavupriyan
22nd April 2006, 11:34 AM
Here it's a big popularity contest...who goes into more debt making their girl's ceremony bigger :roll: really it's significance is gone...and it's embarrasing...I hate when people call it the Puberty Ceremony it sounds soo yucky! I would call it a coming-of-age ceremony...so much more decent sounding....I mean it's ok if it tradition something within immediate family members, but just doing it to show you can make it more grander...pathetic :roll:

hey just for fun guys should get a ceremony when they are able to grown mustache...isn't that how the song goes...."vaadaa machchan vayasukku vandhuteah meesa molachchu munnukku vandhuteah" :lol:

:roll: :roll:

selvakumar
22nd April 2006, 12:17 PM
yup..

Querida,

If you are able to see more PIMPLES with some small hairs above the lips, then we can assure that one for the guys.

But to be honest, That will become 100% perfect if he THINKS, WALKS, TALKS ETC about a BEAUTIFUL GIRL. :wink:

Here is the perfect song

"Adi 15 ponathu 16 vanthathu
Thaavani paarthen, meesai vanthathu
Thadavippaarthaen, parukkal irunthathu
uNNaaaLae"

"அடி 15 போனது 16 வந்தது
தாவணி பார்த்தேன், மீசை வந்தது
தடவிப் பார்த்தேன், பருக்கள் இருந்தது
உன்னாலே"

This is the ultimate song.. for that :D

pavalamani pragasam
22nd April 2006, 12:37 PM
paruvum meesaiyum vanthu "periya manushan" aagurathukkum(poonaikkum thaan meesai irukkunnu oru paattu kooda vanthaachche!), poo onru malarnthu kaayththu kaninthu inaththai thazaikka vaikka thayaaraanathai arivikkum "periya manushi" aavatharkum (vizaa eduththu koNdaada thakkathaay iruppatharkum) evvaLavu viththiyaasam? muzu palanukku aaNin pangku vENdumthaan, aanaal "sumakkum" baakkiyam peNkaLukkE!

selvakumar
22nd April 2006, 12:59 PM
PooNaikkae meesai irukkirathu.. aaNaaL paLaRukku athu kooda iLLayae..

Meesai is not the only critieria. But is is one among those. If we compare those things, then everything will be the same (age etc) for both the gender.

azhagi
22nd April 2006, 09:33 PM
Azhagi akka,

neenga ezhuthinathe kashta pattu understand paNNi, naanum spider-nu thaane sonnen? adhe neenga kaNdukkavE illai :twisted:. Neenga mattum yaarum neenga post paNrathe padikkarathe illennu solreenga !

Sori,ennai manichudunge.....neenga correcta thaan sonnega..neenga sorijikitteirupengannu nenaichen,adhunaale kandukemaatengannu nenechen.. :lol:

Querida
22nd April 2006, 10:18 PM
oh geez guess you can't post a joke these days without being in the jokes thread :roll: :P

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd April 2006, 10:44 PM
Oru decency-kkaga pasangalukku meesai oru minimum qualification-a solluraanga..but plainly speaking guys eppo vayasukku varanga? Eppo oru ponna amma-vakka mudiyumo appo thaan!! Hope this covers the hidden truth which cant be expressed in a public forum :wink:

Braandan
23rd April 2006, 07:32 AM
When I read the postings of Temporary-sori observer, I remember an old hubber called "TamilNattan". Is he the same?
I miss him very much. He always gives link from music India online.

Braandan
23rd April 2006, 07:33 AM
When I read the postings of Temporary-sori observer, I remember an old hubber called "TamilNattan". Is he the same?
I miss him very much. He always gives link from music India online.

temporary sori-Observer
23rd April 2006, 07:58 AM
Braandan,

I am a new hubber. There is a belief that there will be seven people like us in this world (Upendra is another person who is like me). I like songs also. So I give musicindia links often :-)

(second)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4428/

pavalamani pragasam
23rd April 2006, 08:04 AM
Braandan, you are correct!!! I see both mischief & guileless innocence in the avatar's laughter!!! Also intelligence and wit!!!

Ghlli
29th April 2006, 03:07 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
omg ur soo funnny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: u'll have to eat raw eggs and u'll be forced to drink oil and some sorta mashed leaf, and all these yucky food :rotfl: and hardly any meat except chicken..im sure u'd love it :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Priyankak
29th April 2006, 04:08 AM
omg ur soo funnny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: u'll have to eat raw eggs and u'll be forced to drink oil and some sorta mashed leaf, and all these yucky food :rotfl: and hardly any meat except chicken..im sure u'd love it :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gaayu, neegal ellam athu eat paniteengala. :roll: illai enimal thano. :razz:

azhagi
29th April 2006, 04:11 AM

Nesamava :( namba mudiyallaye :roll:

Ghlli
29th April 2006, 04:17 AM
:oops: no answer

Priyankak
29th April 2006, 04:19 AM
:oops: no answer

ennachu. :roll: i got it. just kidding ma.

Ghlli
29th April 2006, 04:19 AM
enaa? :roll:

Nesamava :( namba mudiyallaye :roll:

Ghlli
29th April 2006, 04:20 AM
ur scary priya i'm nt answering to u

Priyankak
29th April 2006, 04:21 AM
ur scary priya i'm nt answering to u
hehe. aiyoooooooo. dont take it serious. im kidding

rachel
29th April 2006, 05:11 AM

:oops: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

rachel
29th April 2006, 05:13 AM
Oru decency-kkaga pasangalukku meesai oru minimum qualification-a solluraanga..but plainly speaking guys eppo vayasukku varanga? Eppo oru ponna amma-vakka mudiyumo appo thaan!! Hope this covers the hidden truth which cant be expressed in a public forum :wink:

WHAT???????????????????????????? :shock:

pm me about this hidden truth :P

thamizhvaanan
29th April 2006, 05:53 AM
really?? do u need a pm for this :shock:

Ghlli
29th April 2006, 06:05 AM

temporary sori-Observer
29th April 2006, 06:33 AM
Eppo oru ponna amma-vakka mudiyumo appo thaan!! Hope this covers the hidden truth which cant be expressed in a public forum :wink:

WHAT???????????????????????????? :shock:

pm me about this hidden truth :P
[tscii:7fd5ec0a92]±ýÉí¸ þÐ! ´Õ ¦Àñ¨½ ±ô§À¡Ð «õÁ¡Å¡ì¸ ÓÊÔ§Á¡ «ôÀ¾¡ýÛ ¦ÅÇ¢ôÀ¨¼Â¡¾¡¦É º¢Ã£¾Õ ¦º¡øÄ¢Õ측ôÒ¦Ä? «ÐìÌ §Á¦ÄÔõ Å¢Çì¸õ ÌÎýÉ¡ «Ð «ìÌÚõÒ þø¦Ä? ÀÅÇ¡ƒ£, ±ýÉ þó¾ Ò¾¢Â (¦ÁõÀ÷) Á¡¾Å¢¸§Ç¡¼ «ìÌÚõÒ ¾¡í¸ ÓÊÂÄ¢§Â? :twisted: [/tscii:7fd5ec0a92]

temporary sori-Observer
29th April 2006, 06:55 AM
:lol: u'll have to eat raw eggs and u'll be forced to drink oil and some sorta mashed leaf, and all these yucky food :rotfl: and hardly any meat except chicken..im sure u'd love it :rotfl:

[tscii:6157caf519]±ýÉí¸ þÐ! «ó¾ º¢ýÉ ¦À¡ñϸ¢ð¼ §À¡Â¢ ¿£ ÅÂÍìÌ ÅóÐð¼Â¡í¸È «÷ò¾ò¾¢¦Ä §¸ûÅ¢ §¸ì¸È£í¸? þÐ «ìÌÕÁÁ¢ø¦Ä? [/tscii:6157caf519]

pavalamani pragasam
29th April 2006, 07:33 AM
[tscii:60df434ab5]TSO,¦Åð¸í¦¸ð¼¾ÉÁ¡ þÇÅÂÍ ¬Ïõ ¦ÀñÏõ §ÀÍȾ §¸ðÎ §¸ðÎ ¸¡Ð ÒǢò¾¡ý §À¡îº¢! ±ýÉ¡ò¾ ¦ºö¢ÈÐ! ⼸Á¡, «Æ¸¡, «÷ò¾ò§¾¡¼, ú¨É§Â¡¼, ¯ñ¨ÁÂ¡É ÌÚõ§À¡¼ "«ò¾¨É' Å¢ºÂÓõ ¸¨¾ì¸ ÓÊÔõÛ þÅí¸ÙìÌ ¦¾Ã¢ÂÄ¢§Â! þÐ즸øÄ¡õ ÀûÇ¢ìܼÁ¡ þÕìÌ? ±ó¾ Á¡¾¢Ã¢ §ÀîÍ Á¾¢ô¨À ¦¸ÎìÌõ, ±ó¾ Á¡¾¢Ã¢ «ÏÌÓ¨È Á⡨¾Â¡, þí¸¢¾Á¡ þÕìÌõÛ ¦¾Ã¢ïº¢ì¸¢ÈÐ ¿¡¸Ã¢¸õ¸¢ÈÐ «ó¾ì¸¡ÄòÐÄ ÁðÎÁ¢øÄ ±ó¾¸¡ÄòÐÄÔõ ¦ºøÖÀÊ¡Ìõ![/tscii:60df434ab5]

rachel
29th April 2006, 07:36 AM

yeah...please guys help me

ssanjinika
29th April 2006, 08:17 AM
Rach,edhukku enna pm??:shock:

great
29th April 2006, 08:29 AM
Is this thread still alive :banghead:

Alien
29th April 2006, 02:19 PM

yeah...please guys help me
:banghead: :banghead:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 02:22 PM
:banghead:...jana neenga mandaiyai muttikuruthu leh tappae ellei...rachel it is something to do with baby making..hope this puts you off the pm...kaduvulae kapaathu

Alien
29th April 2006, 02:26 PM
Hulk :lol: .... she will ask for more clarifications for ur post too , I bet .... :twisted:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 02:27 PM
Ennathu clarification ah...oru ponnai yeppadi amma aakuvethukku clarification ah...kaduvulae inimel intha thread pakkamae vara mattein...:oops::D

Alien
29th April 2006, 02:31 PM
Ayoo :lol: .... neenga sonnatha thaan , sridhar tamil-le solli irunthaar. Athukku clarification kEttavanga thaane rachel .... :oops:
:lol:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 02:47 PM
Aaha...oru ponnu keikura clarification ah athu?...nalla velai sridhar PM pennulae...ellei na gathi kilinchirukkum...:oops:

crazy
29th April 2006, 06:46 PM
HULK : havent left yet!

Ennathu clarification ah...oru ponnai yeppadi amma aakuvethukku clarification ah...kaduvulae inimel intha thread pakkamae vara mattein...Embarassed

Sanguine Sridhar
29th April 2006, 06:50 PM
Ennathu clarification ah...oru ponnai yeppadi amma aakuvethukku clarification ah...kaduvulae inimel intha thread pakkamae vara mattein...:oops::D
Ay!! Ithoda :twisted: