PDA

View Full Version : Deep condolences to Vaishnavi's Family..

rami
19th April 2006, 11:42 AM
[tscii:4abaf4af03]CHENNAI: Small screen actor and television anchor Vaishnavi allegedly committed suicide at her Anna Nagar residence on Monday.

Her father Thanigai Nathan had found her hanging from the ceiling fan using a shawl, in her room around 2 PM, police said.

This is the third case of suicide involving a prominent television personality in recent times.

Nearly a year ago, Charukesh, another upcoming actor who had performed meaty roles in many popular television serials had ended his life by throwing himself before a speeding suburban train at Nanganallur.

In another incident, Shalini, who acted in tele serials and some films, had committed suicide at her residence.

In Vaishnavi’s case, the police, based on initial inquiries, suspected that the young starlet may have been a victim of mental stress as she had to simultaneously attend to her education and career.

The 20-year-old Vaishnavi had starred in a popular television serials including K Balachander’s Anni on Jaya TV and Manaivi on Sun TV, besides hosting Kondattam, a cinema comedy show on Sun TV.

She had managed to impress many a television viewer with her childish performance as Anjali in Anni in which she used to utter her trademark Enakku Iyyonnu Irukku whenever she got emotional.

She had also acted in the Rajnikanth-starrer Baba as one of the sisters of leading lady Manisha Koirala.

Sources close to the actor were full of praise for her.

One of them described Vaishnavi as a ‘‘sound girl and a successful star, hailing from a well-educated family’’.

The police are investigating the cause for her suicide. Her body was taken to Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital for post-mortem

Sorce: Indian Express

May her soul rest in peace.[/tscii:4abaf4af03]

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 11:45 AM
oh my god ! not again !
evvalavu suicides indha industry la ... :(

Deep condolences to her family n fans !

rami
19th April 2006, 11:45 AM
She acted in Anni as Anjali.

I really loved the innocence of the character.. even I was saying "Iyyonnu irukku" copying her..

Even in presenting Kondattam, she was lively..

Cute girl .. I wonder wat made her to make such a rash decision..

RR
19th April 2006, 01:27 PM
rami,
Seems ditched by lover (Devanand - acts in Malargal). See yesterday tamilmurasu.

Arthi
19th April 2006, 01:42 PM
Oh my lord I cann't believe this :cry:
such a shocking news. She acted pretty well as anjali in ANNI serial.
Deep condolences to her family :cry:

rami
19th April 2006, 02:19 PM
[tscii:8020e86484]Vaishnavi was the victim of a failed relationship’

The emotional stress of her relationship with a married co-star is being touted as the cause for the death of popular young TV star Vaishnavi. According to sources in the industry, the actress was involved with her co-star Dev Anand, who was paired with her in the Tamil serial Manaivi. Even her family has held the actor responsible for her death, and named him in a complaint to the police as the cause for her suicide.

A production hand claimed that their relationship began on the sets of Manaivi, where Dev Anand played her husband. However, the actor is allegedly married with a child. One of their co-stars said that though they appeared to be very friendly, no one knew for sure if they were involved. “But now there are rumours that she took her life because he wouldn’t give her a commitment,” added the actress who did not wish to be named. Ironically, in the serial, Vaishnavi married him against her parents wishes.

The Anna Nagar police said that they will be questioning Dev Anand based on the complaint from Vaishnavi’s father. “Though her family members have named him as the reason for her death, no suicide note was found,” the police added. Investigations are on and the police is trying to get details of her cell phone conversations just before her death. “We want to know who she was talking to before she decided to kill herself,” a police officer said. They have however ruled out any foul play, and stated that it is a case of suicide only.

The 20-year-old hanged herself at her residence in Anna Nagar, when the family was away. According to sources close to the family, Dev Anand did not even turn up on hearing the news of her demise. Vaishnavi had acted in serials like Anni, Muhurtham and Malargal besides Manaivi. CJ.Bhaskar, director of the serial Manaivi, which was aired on Sun TV, said, “Vaishnavi was a talented actress and such a fun-loving person. I am not able to digest her death. I don’t really know why she took this extreme step. In fact, I was planning to cast her in my current serial Penn.”

Hansraj Saxena, VP, Programming of Sun TV, said that Vaishnavi joined the channel when she was in Class 10. “She started anchoring a weekly comedy programme called Kondattam which was a top rated one. She was very dedicated and was always accompanied by her mother. She was a well behaved, soft spoken girl. The channel sincerely feels sorry for her untimely demise. We have lost a talented anchor.”

Source: Deccan Chronicle[/tscii:8020e86484]

aanaa
19th April 2006, 05:44 PM
Deep condolences to her family n fans !

May her sole rest in peace

swathy
20th April 2006, 10:52 AM
I think she acted in the movie whistle.

May her soul rest in peace

rami
20th April 2006, 03:32 PM
Her "lover" Dev Anand arrested.

chennai_rulz
20th April 2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/Apr/20/4.htmL

dinakaran e-paper

ssanjinika
20th April 2006, 10:40 PM
english link illaya?
Anyway why is he being blamed for the actions taken by that girl? He didnt ask her to die rite :roll:

chennai_rulz
21st April 2006, 04:45 AM
the article says that hes been married and also has two kids.. but he hid all this from vaishnavi... when she came to know the truth and started to avoid him he'd told vaishnavi that he'l marry her as the second wife... he'd threatened to kill himself with a broken bottle when she tried to avoid him on listening to her parents.. she'd tried to commit suicide twice after meeting with him.. her friends had stopped her and advised her... n then she'd hung herself .. everythin happened the same day.. her mom had filed a complaint against dev anand that he'd led her daughter to commit suicide.. n he'd confessed to meeting with vaishnavi .. n all this the police came to know from interrogating him for two days.. mathiya sirai.. i think central jail?.. under the custody of the court for 15 days..
this is just a gist of it..

gta129
21st April 2006, 06:10 AM
Deep condolences to her family

I found that Dev Anand her co-star in Manavi has been arrested on April 19th because of her relation with him.

Here the site.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaishnavi

P.S Who is Dev Anand?

ssanjinika
21st April 2006, 08:19 PM
gta
Dev Anand is the guy who acted as her husband in Manaivi.In Muhurtam ,he was the guy Vidya(Vaishnavi) runs away with in the begining(the brother of the bad guy)

Thanks Chennai_rulez for the translation :) !

chennai_rulz
21st April 2006, 08:33 PM
ur welcom sanjinika :)

Lambretta
22nd April 2006, 12:06 AM
Sad to hear abt her! May her soul rest in peace....

And these r the ppl. who r envied by commonfolk......many of us dont realise not all of them r always happy w/ life despite being on a higher pedestal than the rest of us!

Btw, who did she act as in Manaivi? I cant seem to rem....:?

The wikipedia site she also acted in Muhurtam.....

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd April 2006, 02:05 AM
No idea about serials! But i have seen her in 'Kondattam' Shocked by the news indeed!! :( My amma was watching the repeat telecast of 'Manaivi'.I saw a scene in which she was speaking to Dev anand

Dev : Yen oru maadhri irrukka
Vaishnavi : Naan onna vittu poga poreynla
Dev : -----
Vasihnavi (Holding his hand) : I love you!!

How Sad!! :(

chennai_rulz
22nd April 2006, 02:33 AM
hey lambretta.. vaishnavi is the character 'neelaveni' in manaivi.. the younger sister of kausalya.. she was shown as a talkative gal in the serial.

azhagi
22nd April 2006, 03:36 AM
Actually,the chemistry between the two was quite evident in 'Manaivi'. Even when she eloped with him in 'Malargal',it looked so natural...even while watching that,I had this inner feeling that something was going on between the two in real life.Now it has been proved.

It irks me when a married guy takes an innocent girl for a ride...but reading through all the reports in the various media about Dev Anand,I am too confused :roll: Is dev anand childless, or does he have 1 kid or 2.

chennai_rulz
22nd April 2006, 04:48 AM
i agree... each source has a diff story to tell.. but the fact that hes involved seems obvious

Lambretta
22nd April 2006, 01:14 PM
hey lambretta.. vaishnavi is the character 'neelaveni' in manaivi.. the younger sister of kausalya.. she was shown as a talkative gal in the serial.
OMG! Her?!! aka Janani in Muhurtham! :shock: :oops:
Tats sad.....she was quite a good actress......& so young! Poor thing! :(

She shudnt hav taken such an extreme step! But tat Dev Anand guy isnt tat good-looking either, IMO! Plus of course, married!

ramky
22nd April 2006, 08:32 PM
My condolences to the bereived family. :( It will take many years for them to recover from the death of this young girl in the prime of her life.
She was so bubbly while presenting Kondattam on sun tv and also did well in Manaivi which I used to watch sometimes. So sad that so many actors are resorting to suicide nowadays. Or.... maybe its because that when an actor commits suicide the news gains prominance ? Whatever may be the reason, its a very sad incident.

ssanjinika
22nd April 2006, 08:57 PM
Lamby ,according to one news article,apparantly she didnt know that he was married.Its really sad.

Lambretta
22nd April 2006, 09:03 PM
Lamby ,according to one news article,apparantly she didnt know that he was married.Its really sad.
Yea but how cud tat be?! If she was really close to him, even if He himself didnt tell her, she must've herd abt it from sumone or the other in their circle...! :? :(

Raikkonen
22nd April 2006, 09:06 PM
Nadaga nadigar nale apdi oru drama pottutaru pola..

Braandan
2nd May 2006, 01:07 PM
The heading of the thread says "condolences to Vaishnavi",
I thought condolences are given to near and dear of the dead not to the dead itself!!!

rami
2nd May 2006, 04:45 PM
Braandan,, Thanks for pointing out...
Corrected..

soccer_gal
24th May 2006, 01:16 AM
Wow I really liked her acting especially in Manaivi. A terrible loss to the tv-serial industry. :(

By the way who is this Charukesh who died a year ago? :? Apparently he acted in popular dramas... :roll:

ramky
24th May 2006, 04:17 AM
Wow I really liked her acting especially in Manaivi. A terrible loss to the tv-serial industry. :(

By the way who is this Charukesh who died a year ago? :? Apparently he acted in popular dramas... :roll:

By a sad & strange coincidence, Charukesh was the actor who initially acted as the bad character, who later becomes Vaishnavi's ( "Neelaveni" ) lover in "Manaivi". It was after his suicide last year ( attributed to not being able to repay some loans he had taken ) that Dev Anand started doing that role.

soccer_gal
24th May 2006, 07:38 AM
wow...the irony.