PDA

View Full Version : 'UYIR' by Joshua Sridhar

rajasaranam
20th April 2006, 02:15 PM
Saw the announcement of the album CD's release today...Any reviews?

Uyir (2006)
MUSIC: Joshua Sridhar
CAST: Srikanth, Bhavana

Convent Sollitharum - Tippu, Natash, Dhanni, Chandrika

Udhadum Udhadum - Karthik, Chandhini

Aarum Ponnum - Joshua Sridhar, Shalini, Mahathi

Kann Simittum Nerame - Haricharan, Shalini, Mahathi

Theme - Joshua Sridhar

Kanne Kadhal Nilame - Pradeep, Joshua Sridhar, Harini

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000796.html

rashid2raj
20th April 2006, 02:57 PM
Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhuuu... JS Back again :clap: Is it released?

rajasaranam
20th April 2006, 03:02 PM
JS may be uniting factor for rashid and myself i believe :)
The Cd's are releasing today and Iam keeping my fingers crossed... He is pretty much impressive in the current lot of Md's Let us see how he has faired in 'Uyir'
More movies are in the offering there was an AD for a movie called 'Aran' starred by SarathKumar and Jeeva produced by RBchoudary.
Hope he lives upto the expectation he created in 'Kaadhal'

slperson1
22nd April 2006, 04:40 AM
Uyir songs are out and JS proves that he isnt a one hit wonder.
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000796.html

rajasaranam
22nd April 2006, 05:24 AM
Listened to good quality files from Tamilnapster.com :)
Sounds good in the first listening have to listen more to tell exactly what its like.
One thing I noted was Joshua Sridhar's voice is very much alike ARR's and YSR's. Is this a criteria for success :oops:
It seems YSR and JS are gonna rule the nxt generation

rajasaranam
22nd April 2006, 05:57 AM
On second Listening:
Though the soul stirring music of Kadhal is missing here... it never fails to impress.
Aanum pennum, udhadum udhadum, kan simittum and kaadhal nilame will be the pick of the album and all these four songs are gonna be definite hits.
YSR will face a tough competition from JS in the oncoming days... If JS catches up with the speed of Yuvan :wink:

july
22nd April 2006, 09:16 AM
Uyir album rocks...
JS voice like Arr man !!!!
Aanum Pennum sound a bit like Uyire - Santhosa Kanire (Arr Album) ...

any idea wht is JS next album ??

dinesh2002
22nd April 2006, 03:59 PM
great songs....but many lifts also ican listen :lol:... the aanum penum had the touch of Sandhosha Kaneera and also 1 direct line of that Sandhosa Kaneere beeing used here ....

and the Kan Simittum Neram can be said as JS's version of Ella Jogappa - Jogi... 1 direct line from Jogi - Ella Jogappa [Kannada]...it goes..."Krishna inabamena...Rama udukuno sitena...nina koduko mita ivanena" its used as " Kan Simittum nerame...Kadhalukum pothume...Minalai Vanthuvidume..."

not beein a fault catcher...but felt i should share this with u guys....enjoy!!! he some how has a bright future ahead....

ezy0265
22nd April 2006, 04:30 PM
Have you all noticed this phenomenon??!!!

As long as anyone other than ARR comes with good music, which incidently has been the only case in recent times, as our friend is busy giving sappa albums only, our dear friends, like you know who, will come with a claim that it sounds like some older ARR song theory. I think this 'ezhaveduttha' phenomenon is a vyaathi by itself. Just don't have the exact medical term for it....any doctors out there???

dinesh2002
22nd April 2006, 04:35 PM
Uyir album rocks...
JS voice like Arr man !!!!
Aanum Pennum sound a bit like Uyire - Santhosa Kanire (Arr Album) ...

any idea wht is JS next album ??

i think yes...a movie produced by Shankar if im not mistaken!

inetk
22nd April 2006, 07:00 PM
100 words!
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

balaji
22nd April 2006, 07:53 PM
Kanne Kadhal Nilame and Kann Simittum Nerame are good, Though the former sounds too ARR-ish and the latter sounds too familiar, not sure of the resemblance

This guy provides decent interludes.

Wish JS all the best.

Bala

slperson1
23rd April 2006, 12:37 AM
ezy0265,
in the case of HJ yeah he does blatantly lift ARRs old stuff.

I dont hear the resemblence to Kaneerai.

Kannai Kadhal Nilame is an awesome song but i dislike the last qtr of it cuz the high notes dont suit Joshua Sridhar's voice.

njv
23rd April 2006, 03:25 AM
100 words!
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

interesting review. So konjam arr, konjam harris ondraka saerthaal JS, konjam vs, konjam karthink ondrai cherthaal uyir music!

rashid2raj
23rd April 2006, 02:12 PM
Aanum Pennum & Kanne Kadhal Nilame rocks.. 8-) Especially Kanne Kadhal Nilame. Daaamn, JS's voice sounds like ARR's voice, more than YSR's voice do..

interz
23rd April 2006, 03:39 PM
These songs could have rocked bollywood, they sound very north indian.

shan7785
23rd April 2006, 08:05 PM
hey guys u can get UYIR mp3s at http://www.2ktamilonline.com

slperson1
23rd April 2006, 10:45 PM
what surprised me most about this album were the type of songs in it.i was expecting more melodious numbers since this was a srikanth movie.

jibi
24th April 2006, 06:08 AM
he is doing music for malayalam movie 'Keerthichakra' directed by major revi.. mohan lal playing as a major .. shooting started in kashmir... and thirunavakarash is the cameraman...

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 04:45 PM
Full of zest now
IndiaGlitz [Monday, April 24, 2006]

Remember music-director Joshua Sridhar? The man whose tunes in Kadhal won him appreciation from music lovers and went on to top-charts. He disappeared briefly after allegedly eloping with his girl friend.

Joshua is now back with vigor. A re-energized Joshua is currently working in over half-a-dozen movies which includes Uyir, Aran, Ninaithu Ninaithu Parthen, Pulan Visaranai II, Koodal Nagar, Chennai Kadhal among others.

Adding more, Joshua is making his entry in Kannada too. He would be scoring music for a Kannada movie titled Arasu featuring Puneeth Rajkumar.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/21990.html

sureshmehcnit
24th April 2006, 10:53 PM
Here is my opinion

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/04/notes-on-uyir-music.html

Ramakrishna
28th April 2006, 07:36 PM
Joshua's voice is very similar to ARR's voice :o :o

Ramakrishna
28th April 2006, 07:58 PM
I feel Joshua is the one to compete with Yuvan and Harris for the no.2 spot

rashid2raj
28th April 2006, 08:18 PM

Definetely.. He's 2ND... :wink: Kanne Kadhal Nilame, ROCKS...

THK
29th April 2006, 04:40 AM
Kanne Kadhal Nilame, SOUNDS like ARR's music in 90's

:D

dinesh2002
29th April 2006, 09:50 AM
after few listenin...songs really sounds very good...im looking foward it to have a good picturisation....hope they dun kill the songs by its cheap/medicore picturisations......normally Srikanth starer movies have simple picturisation in the park or sea side...:P...

THK...when we reach 2010s...that time they will repeat ARR's 2001-2006s style... :lol:

dinesh2002
29th April 2006, 09:54 AM

think its too fast to put him in second slot....he just released 2 albums no....where else YSR is considered Senior,knowing he is in the field for 11 years??? [am i rite??Arivindhan released 1995 rite?]
and HJ is in the field for 5 years....with having many hits which he has more chances to be 2nd [though i dun like it :lol:] lets see how this fellow turns up...with kadhal,he had ARRs style...here,he has ARR's music/tune in his song....:P

Ramakrishna
29th April 2006, 04:32 PM

think its too fast to put him in second slot....he just released 2 albums no....where else YSR is considered Senior,knowing he is in the field for 11 years??? [am i rite??Arivindhan released 1995 rite?]
and HJ is in the field for 5 years....with having many hits which he has more chances to be 2nd [though i dun like it :lol:] lets see how this fellow turns up...with kadhal,he had ARRs style...here,he has ARR's music/tune in his song....:P

Even his voice is similar to ARRs.I hope he follows ARR even in his success pattern too. :P

rashid2raj
29th April 2006, 04:38 PM

The thing is i liked the songs on first hearing.. In YSR case i didn't even noticed his movies in the beginning (Like his Junior Senior & like that) So for, JS it is 100% with kadhal & Uiyr.. But, yeah, let's see.. I hope he continues.. doesn't he have a half dozen of movies in hand.. ?

Djpak
29th April 2006, 06:46 PM
ARR : ROJA
HARRIS : MINNALE
JOSHUA : KADHAL

ALL BIG ALBUMS, AND REMBER THAT HARRIS AND JOSHUA WERE IN ARR CREW, BEFORE THERE SOLO :)

jibi
29th April 2006, 09:23 PM
except for arr .. and somewhat to harris...

Joshua might be clicking good with this album.. but he has to go with his distinct music or create .. because the song udhadum udhadum bgm is full VS... the flute interludes are full from his mallu movie 'maravathoor kanave (1997) '

i believe he might have worked with VS before

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2006, 05:28 PM
Joshua is biggest fan of Ilaiyaraja even his musical god is Ilaiyaraja.

Antha reasonnukkaga Joshuvaku oru :clap:
And Uyir Albuthuku oru :clap:

dinesh2002
3rd May 2006, 05:46 PM

athane parthen....since when u ever apriciated work which has nothing to do with IR or without mentioning his name :lol: :lol: typical BHCF.....

Sanjeevi
10th May 2006, 11:30 PM
Kan simittum neramae
Kathaluku pothumae
Minnalai vanthu vidumae

:thumbsup:

Joshwa Sridhar & Na. Muthukumar combo win again

rashid2raj
11th May 2006, 12:38 AM

This is ridiculous.. !

Okay Sanjeevi, I remember Baradwaj too said in an interview that he was an Ilayaraja fan.. Go and make a clap for that too.. :lol:

Vysar
11th May 2006, 12:59 AM
ARR : ROJA
HARRIS : MINNALE
JOSHUA : KADHAL

ALL BIG ALBUMS, AND REMBER THAT HARRIS AND JOSHUA WERE IN ARR CREW, BEFORE THERE SOLO :)

ARR was in IR troup before he made it BIG and that too BIGGER than IR. I don't think that would happen with HJ or JS since they don't have a unique style of music.

dinesh2002
11th May 2006, 07:53 AM

This is ridiculous.. !

Okay Sanjeevi, I remember Baradwaj too said in an interview that he was an Ilayaraja fan.. Go and make a clap for that too.. :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: rashid,next sanjeevi will say " y not,baradwaj is a GREAT composer too....." :rotfl: ithu theveiya namakku...who eva praises IR is like semi-god to him.... :rotfl:

dinesh2002
11th May 2006, 07:55 AM
Kan simittum neramae
Kathaluku pothumae
Minnalai vanthu vidumae

Joshwa Sridhar & Na. Muthukumar combo win again the hearts

no offence...but listen to Yello Jogappa - Jogi [Kannada - 2005] those lines u meant were direct ripp from that Kannada song.... so the combo that wins ur geart goes to Gurukiran & Na.Muthukumar :rotfl:

rashid2raj
11th May 2006, 05:13 PM

This is ridiculous.. !

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: rashid,next sanjeevi will say " y not,baradwaj is a GREAT composer too....." :rotfl: ithu theveiya namakku...who eva praises IR is like semi-god to him.... :rotfl:

Haha.. :D

rashid2raj
11th May 2006, 05:15 PM
Kan simittum neramae
Kathaluku pothumae
Minnalai vanthu vidumae

no offence...but listen to Yello Jogappa - Jogi [Kannada - 2005] those lines u meant were direct ripp from that Kannada song.... so the combo that wins ur geart goes to Gurukiran & Na.Muthukumar :rotfl:

Do you know where 2 listen the kannada song.. ? Jus curios.. If JS's copying too, then he's no better than the others in industry 2day.. :?

dinesh2002
11th May 2006, 06:22 PM
Kan simittum neramae
Kathaluku pothumae
Minnalai vanthu vidumae

Do you know where 2 listen the kannada song.. ? Jus curios.. If JS's copying too, then he's no better than the others in industry 2day.. :?

here it is :

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/18/s/movie_name.7846/

click on Ello Jogappa by SM & Sunitha...

its a cool song :D

Sanjeevi
11th May 2006, 07:17 PM
Hi dinesh, yes i found the tune and music similiarities.

Do you know JS has copied in his first venture "Kadhal" an song from a english album. Once i read in "Dinamani" about this. In a college programme, a student asked about this with source cd evidence to the director Balaji and the dir told "Joshwa Sridhar ennaiyum emathittar" :lol:

I know JS's copying ability. 8-)

Sanjeevi
11th May 2006, 07:24 PM
But JS know the technique to output music with his own style even though he copied tune/music etc.

Am i right??

dinesh2002
11th May 2006, 08:33 PM
not sure bout JS,but i really think this Vijay Anthony has something new...he doesnt have any IR or ARR style with him...he has something fresh....anyone noticed that???

dinesh2002
11th May 2006, 08:35 PM
Hi dinesh, yes i found the tune and music similiarities.

Do you know JS has copied in his first venture "Kadhal" an song from a english album. Once i read in "Dinamani" about this. In a college programme, a student asked about this with source cd evidence to the director Balaji and the dir told "Joshwa Sridhar ennaiyum emathittar" :lol:

I know JS's copying ability. 8-)

:lol: :lol: yea,i remember some1 mentioned bout this b4 too...was it u or NJV?? and i also mentioned that i wished that student does th same technique to Shankar about Anniyan's Theme beeing lift from Passion of Christ's Resurrection.... :lol:

probably JS was so hooked to this kannada song no....thats y he got inspired while composing for Uyir... :wink:

rashid2raj
11th May 2006, 10:33 PM
Kan simittum neramae
Kathaluku pothumae
Minnalai vanthu vidumae

here it is :

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/18/s/movie_name.7846/

click on Ello Jogappa by SM & Sunitha...

its a cool song :D

U're right Dinesh.. :? Not good Joshuar..

Yaa, it's true that Vijay Anthony got his very own sound, this far.. What is his forthcoming movies?

dinesh2002
12th May 2006, 08:42 AM
rashid,i think Illamai,which has Vikrant as the lead hero...

Sanjeevi
12th May 2006, 10:58 AM
Ilaimai has been dropped.

NormalMan
16th May 2006, 08:21 AM
Rocks ...

Vysar
26th May 2006, 08:45 PM
Waiting for JS next "Chennai Kadhal" with Vikraman.

rashid2raj
26th May 2006, 11:05 PM
Waiting for JS next "Chennai Kadhal" with Vikraman.

Mee tooo.. Hehe :)