PDA

View Full Version : do opposites attract?

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 04:51 PM
i know quite a number of couples who are opposites.

for eg. a handsome guy with a girl who is pleasant looking but not a beauty.

a really pretty girl with a guy with a passable face. (lots of couples like this)

a really nice helpful guy with a girl who's demanding and expects him to help her and doesn't say thank you when he does (which he does all the time and no complaints!).

a very friendly guy with a girl who doesn't like to mix with others so much at all.

a very intelligent girl with a guy who's brains are not his best asset. (i know 2 couples like this, and for one of the couples, at least the guy is nice, the other guy could improve his behaviour greatly, IMO)

ok, i could go on, but what are ur opinions on this?

Hulkster
24th April 2006, 05:21 PM
Maybe we can consult the law of physics for this matter?..:D

Well in the opposites attract of the looks department...nowadays relationships are based on characters for this type of people and they only go on if they are able to coincide with each others feelings and they are able to understand each other deeply...usually at times it can be the boy asks out the girl and if the girl loves the boy's character she will go on with him and vice versa although girls are more likely to appreciate characters and the manasu.

Usually certain people like the friendly guy or the intelligent girl you mentioned might want to go on a relationship with such people maybe due to their interest in their lovers' characteristics. Some of these people might be attracted to the opposite style of their lovers which may be a reason why they coincide well with each other.

I overall conclude my opinion of why there are such couples based on two factors: Character and mindset.

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:26 PM
i ve seen some beautiful girls with some not so beautiful girls ;-) just to make sure that guys sees only her :lol:

just kidding

selvakumar
24th April 2006, 05:26 PM
I think people with completely different taste adjust themselves to the situation by suppressing the interests of anyone of them.

"Opposite people" - this generally arises b/w people who wants to take the control of the other / wants to spend the life with the other out of curiosity and the need to experience something peculiar.

Hulkster
24th April 2006, 05:28 PM
i ve seen some beautiful girls with some not so beautiful girls ;-) just to make sure that guys sees only her :lol:

just kidding

Joke ellam nalla irukku...but unga views kodunga pa...:D

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:30 PM
Love has no season ... for the matter not even reason !

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:31 PM
hulk ... sila samayam i feel that the joke mentioned above holds true ! :cry:

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 05:34 PM
I think people with completely different taste adjust themselves to the situation by suppressing the interests of anyone of them.

"Opposite people" - this generally arises b/w people who wants to take the control of the other / wants to spend the life with the other out of curiosity and the need to experience something peculiar.

don't understand the first part.

curiosity might be a reason. to find out more abt someone who they can't understand cos the person is so different.

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 05:34 PM
Love has no season ... for the matter not even reason !

so true!

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 05:36 PM
hulk ... sila samayam i feel that the joke mentioned above holds true ! :cry:

ithuvum true. i know my cousin sis is like that. but i prob shouldn't say stuff like that abt her. :oops:

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:37 PM
Hey Fire ... how r u ?

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:38 PM
see Fire ... for obvious reasons we are from a country that practices by keeping a black pottu for a nice fair face ... saying dhrishti pottu !

So adhe ennam is there in general ...

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 05:42 PM
see Fire ... for obvious reasons we are from a country that practices by keeping a black pottu for a nice fair face ... saying dhrishti pottu !

So adhe ennam is there in general ...

i'm fine vasanth. thanks. how're u?

and i don't understand what exactly you mean by that. are u still referring to your joke?

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:44 PM
i said ... the same thought as what i ve mentioned in the post abt the black pottu ... holds good for many other things !

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 05:48 PM
i said ... the same thought as what i ve mentioned in the post abt the black pottu ... holds good for many other things !

i understand the thought, but what other things? r u referring to ur joke?

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:51 PM

Yes .. i did mean about the joke

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 05:53 PM

Yes .. i did mean about the joke

yeah, i guess so.

btw, ur avatar looks nice.

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks !

If opposites attract ... then why do learned guys look for learned gurls.... why do beautiful damsels look for smart dudes ?

still ppl are yet to understand that these dont matter in life !

bingleguy
24th April 2006, 05:59 PM
guess u ve also changed ur avatar ! nice one ! the previous i didnt understand though ;-) was that some window or seomthing !

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks !

If opposites attract ... then why do learned guys look for learned gurls.... why do beautiful damsels look for smart dudes ?

still ppl are yet to understand that these dont matter in life !

they might search like that. but do they end up like that?

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 06:08 PM
guess u ve also changed ur avatar ! nice one ! the previous i didnt understand though ;-) was that some window or seomthing !

it was quite a blur pic, cos i had to get it below 6 kb. but yeah, it was my room window, with my cantilever beam with my lantern hanging from it.

crazy
24th April 2006, 06:40 PM
i think....................opposite attracts! if not how could a smart and genius person like me, could possibly be able to stick in this hub?! :roll: just kidding! heaven knows!
opposite attracts, but how long they stick together is what iam wondering?

Sanguine Sridhar
24th April 2006, 07:01 PM
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhvvvvvvvv!!! :roll:

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:07 PM
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhvvvvvvvv!!! :roll:

what's that mean Sridar?

crazy
24th April 2006, 07:08 PM
propably it means that iam great!

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:08 PM
i think....................opposite attracts! if not how could a smart and genius person like me, could possibly be able to stick in this hub?! :roll: just kidding! heaven knows!
opposite attracts, but how long they stick together is what iam wondering?

hmmmmm......... i'm wondering how it's possible for them to be attracted in the first place?

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:11 PM

oh! :o

even if that's true, y the sudden reaction from him now?

crazy
24th April 2006, 07:12 PM
[quote="Fire111999
hmmmmm......... i'm wondering how it's possible for them to be attracted in the first place?[/quote]

yaarukku theriyum, indha kandraavi ellam enakku theriyaadhu!iam just guessing.....................
maybe she is like electrons and he is like protons and then they attract each other! or they have some magnetic field in their body?!

crazy
24th April 2006, 07:13 PM

oh! :o

even if that's true, y the sudden reaction from him now?

u know that it take some time! all of sudden his good thoughts about me, just came out! :lol: :roll:

ssanjinika
24th April 2006, 07:18 PM
After a point the physical attributes become ignorable IMO.Then the mental compatibility is what counts.Mentally when 2 individuals are compatible they can make a success of the relationship.This does not mean that they have to be similar in all aspects ..in fact that might become boring..but agree on what is important for them in life.

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2006, 07:19 PM
i know quite a number of couples who are opposites.

for eg. a handsome guy with a girl who is pleasant looking but not a beauty.

a really pretty girl with a guy with a passable face. (lots of couples like this)

a really nice helpful guy with a girl who's demanding and expects him to help her and doesn't say thank you when he does (which he does all the time and no complaints!).

a very friendly guy with a girl who doesn't like to mix with others so much at all.

a very intelligent girl with a guy who's brains are not his best asset. (i know 2 couples like this, and for one of the couples, at least the guy is nice, the other guy could improve his behaviour greatly, IMO)

ok, i could go on, but what are ur opinions on this?

does this mean that i will get a beautiful girl :lol2: :lol2: and an intelligent girl too!!! well that is a really tuff combination :lol:

Hulkster
24th April 2006, 07:26 PM
TV sir...any views on why opposites attract?

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2006, 07:40 PM
It is called chemistry, like wat that fellow in Kanda naal mudhal says. Chemistry is strange, so is love (I never gotta understand any of those :P)

Chemistry deals with chemical reactions where two or more or less chemical substances are forced to collide in such a way that the bonds that hold them together break down and new bonds form, creating a new chemical, or several new chemicals, or more commonly mass destruction. For example two utterly useless compunds like water and grape juice combine together to form a wonderful compound called wine!

Likewise, Love deals with reaction between human beings (of the same polariy or different polarity- although the former is viewd with gr8 disgust). It also combines two useless ppl, to form a worthless couple, which eventually leads to increase in moron's population by the way of a child birth.

Precautions in chemistry are simple, wear goggless, avoid direct contact. Same for love, but bigger the goggles better :? Excessive colouring agent called makeup is also a gud way of avoiding perils of love.

OK the current topics deals with wether "Unlike poles attract". well IMO it all depends. I have seen very similar couples and dissimilar as well. watever be the category, the disease is the same, Love :P

It is said that "love is the folly of the wise and wise of the folly". Fire, watever u said may belong to the former category. We all suffer from sudden stroke of derangement, or else certain ppl will never get a chance (I am waiting for mine :rotfl: )

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:45 PM
After a point the physical attributes become ignorable IMO.Then the mental compatibility is what counts.Mentally when 2 individuals are compatible they can make a success of the relationship.This does not mean that they have to be similar in all aspects ..in fact that might become boring..but agree on what is important for them in life.

yeah, i definitely agree.

Hulkster
24th April 2006, 07:45 PM
yeppa overa chemistry padichirukkaenge polarakku...vitaal the fella is hydrogen and the girl is sulphuric oxide and their mixture creates hydrogen sulhpate nu sollvaenge polarakku....

In other words when you think like that from a scientific point of view...we can also explore their feelings as well from a mind psychology point of view....yaen pa eppadi solluraenge..naanum thaan waiting...anaal only after 21 years..:lol:

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2006, 07:46 PM
TV sir...any views on why opposites attract?

:roll: :roll: hmmm, i am not gud at physics neither at psychology, or it can also mean that i cant form my own opinion :shock: :shock:

OK OK, i think it has got something to do with ambitions of every person to improve himself/herself. we all know that we wud like to change certain things regarding us, we feel dissatisfied towards ourselves. may be thats wat we desire from our parter too!!i really dunno

PS: pls dont call me sir. "TV sir" :shock: :shock: do i look like a 21 inch flat screen to u??? :evil: :evil: :evil:
ok just kidding, u can continue to call me TV, just make sure that u tell ppl that it is actually a person not a device :)

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:47 PM
does this mean that i will get a beautiful girl :lol2: :lol2: and an intelligent girl too!!! well that is a really tuff combination :lol:

aiyoooo! ungala pathi neengale thaalthi pesreengale! :lol:

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:49 PM
It is called chemistry, like wat that fellow in Kanda naal mudhal says. Chemistry is strange, so is love (I never gotta understand any of those :P)

Chemistry deals with chemical reactions where two or more or less chemical substances are forced to collide in such a way that the bonds that hold them together break down and new bonds form, creating a new chemical, or several new chemicals, or more commonly mass destruction. For example two utterly useless compunds like water and grape juice combine together to form a wonderful compound called wine!

Likewise, Love deals with reaction between human beings (of the same polariy or different polarity- although the former is viewd with gr8 disgust). It also combines two useless ppl, to form a worthless couple, which eventually leads to increase in moron's population by the way of a child birth.

Precautions in chemistry are simple, wear goggless, avoid direct contact. Same for love, but bigger the goggles better :? Excessive colouring agent called makeup is also a gud way of avoiding perils of love.

OK the current topics deals with wether "Unlike poles attract". well IMO it all depends. I have seen very similar couples and dissimilar as well. watever be the category, the disease is the same, Love :P

It is said that "love is the folly of the wise and wise of the folly". Fire, watever u said may belong to the former category. We all suffer from sudden stroke of derangement, or else certain ppl will never get a chance (I am waiting for mine :rotfl: )

very amusing thamizh!

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2006, 07:50 PM

aiyoooo! ungala pathi neengale thaalthi pesreengale! :lol:

enakku thannadakkam konjam jaasthi, athaan :wink:

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:53 PM
PS: pls dont call me sir. "TV sir" :shock: :shock: do i look like a 21 inch flat screen to u???

ial! and i absolutely love the part abt precautions in chemistry from your previous post!

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2006, 07:53 PM
yeppa overa chemistry padichirukkaenge polarakku...vitaal the fella is hydrogen and the girl is sulphuric oxide and their mixture creates hydrogen sulhpate nu sollvaenge polarakku....

In other words when you think like that from a scientific point of view...we can also explore their feelings as well from a mind psychology point of view....yaen pa eppadi solluraenge..naanum thaan waiting...anaal only after 21 years..:lol:

no, I suck at chemistry. My school sir will give testimony :lol:

rachel
24th April 2006, 07:54 PM
i'm not sure about this...

i think in marriage couples may have some opposite qualities..but i think they should have some similar qualities too...

Hulkster
24th April 2006, 07:56 PM
Seri seri....ungalai nambugiraen....right will call you thamizh sir...athuvae seri..:D

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 07:56 PM

i think in marriage couples may have some opposite qualities..but i think they should have some similar qualities too...

could one say that they are attracted to each other despite their differences rather than becos of them? but it could be becos of them too!

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2006, 07:57 PM
PS: pls dont call me sir. "TV sir" :shock: :shock: do i look like a 21 inch flat screen to u???

ial! and i absolutely love the part abt precautions in chemistry from your previous post!

did u mean aiyyaaa???? does ur status msg say "God is a girl?" :shock: :shock: u are unbeleivable Fire. :)

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:00 PM

did u mean aiyyaaa???? does ur status msg say "God is a girl?" :shock: :shock: u are unbeleivable

no, ial = i actually laughed! and ial again! :rotfl:

and yes, my signature does say that God is a girl. but it is not to be taken to be seriously. cos God has no sex or any form for that matter.

rachel
24th April 2006, 08:01 PM

could one say that they are attracted to each other despite their differences rather than becos of them? but it could be becos of them too!

i think there will be some similarities between them...not in physical appearence though....other things :roll:

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:02 PM

i think there will be some similarities between them...not in physical appearence though....other things :roll:

yeah, i'm talking abt other stuff too. character, behaviour, intelligence .... i don't know, you name it, they might be different in that aspect too.

rachel
24th April 2006, 08:03 PM
and yes, my signature does say that God is a girl. but it is not to be taken to be seriously. cos God has no sex or any form for that matter.

i think god is a man.. :roll:

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:07 PM

i think god is a man.. :roll:

whatever, ur opinion. i think God doesn't have any form and is all encompassing. but i pray to God in the female form. but i think it would actually be best to pray to God with no form at all. but to help us concentrate we portray God as Shiva, Vishnu, Parvati, Lakshmi, Mother Mary, Jesus, etc and pray to God.

Thirumaran
24th April 2006, 08:11 PM
I dont think the opposites attracts in several cases as mentioned the thread owner. It could be true for certain people.

Normally if you see a guy or gal attracted towards opposite probably for the following reasons.

For a girl the first Male attraction is always her father. Then brother if any. Her first liking is always towards them only. If she comes across a male with the qualities(color/ attitude / habits/, etc..) of her father/brother then many times she is attracted towards that guy.
In case is does not get the love of father/ brother or if they are not good, then she may start liking a person who is quite opposite to them and shows kindness towards her.
The same is applicable to a guy too.
This is what maximum time the state of many i think. :)
any opinions on this :roll:

rachel
24th April 2006, 08:12 PM

yeah, i'm talking abt other stuff too. character, behaviour, intelligence .... i don't know, you name it, they might be different in that aspect too.

from my experience...i love intelligent guys than pretty guys...

i think i'm intelligent(80%) and pretty(80%)...i was told :roll:

i can't stand stupid guys and their stupid talks .. :evil:even if they have pretty manly looks

if somebody(some of my brothers friends) tries to impress me with their stupid talk, i normally agree to everything they say ..just to make them feel better.. :roll:

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:15 PM
I dont think the opposites attracts in several cases as mentioned the thread owner. It could be true for certain people.

Normally if you see a guy or gal attracted towards opposite probably for the following reasons.

For a girl the first Male attraction is always her father. Then brother if any. Her first liking is always towards them only. If she comes across a male with the qualities(color/ attitude / habits/, etc..) of her father/brother then many times she is attracted towards that guy.
In case is does not get the love of father/ brother or if they are not good, then she may start liking a person who is quite opposite to them and shows kindness towards her.
The same is applicable to a guy too.
This is what maximum time the state of many i think. :)
any opinions on this :roll:

what you're saying seems extremely reasonable! real nice!

rachel
24th April 2006, 08:21 PM

exactly..you could be right...

i have 2 brothers..both are opposite in character...one is outdoor person and has a lot of friends he's good attractive face......

other brother is loner...he always stays home with us..he is intelligent than my other brother...he's not handsome..but i like this brother a lot..and i ll like a guy who is like this brother

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:23 PM
--------post is not relevant------

Fire111999
24th April 2006, 08:24 PM

exactly..you could be right...

i have 2 brothers..both are opposite in character...one is outdoor person and has a lot of friends he's good attractive face......

other brother is loner...he always stays home with us..he is intelligent than my other brother...he's not handsome..but i like this brother a lot..and i ll like a guy who is like this brother

well, i don't have any brothers, and i haven't found a guy like my dad yet!

hi
25th April 2006, 07:55 AM
hmmmmm......... i'm wondering how it's possible for them to be attracted in the first place?

It's not 100% they r opposite in characters.. there might be some similarities which bring them closer :) :wink:

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 08:17 AM
and yes, my signature does say that God is a girl

110 Reasong why God is a man :

1. He is intelligent.
2. He is omniscient.
3. He is omnipresent, especially outdoors.
4. He invented hunting (sports) to be the main source of food for his creatures.
5. He doesnt talk, unless it is needed in an extraordinary situation like, moses trying to convince Israelites or kurukshetra or... Thamizhvaanan's dream
6. His office hours are infrequent, usually held on mountain top.
7. When any of his experiments went awry, he usually tries to cover them up by drowning his subjects or eliminate them by a mysterious process called evolution.
8. He writes books which no one reads (well, most of them)
9. He invented the theme "Fight for survival".
10. He hides the rest of the 100 reasons and still maintain it as a secret.

:lol: :lol:, this is just for fun, hope none of the female hubbers takes this seriously :)
I dont have to mention abt boys, they generally understand :wink: .

DISCLAIMER:
I hereby declare that any of the details provided here are true only to the best of my fictitious imaginations or else not true at all. If at all, there arises any allegations of emotional distress or presonal displeasure, please forward them to God. He only made me write this, and I am only an innocent bystander.

Along the same line, I remember reading this joke
"Little Johnny asks his father, "Daddy, is God a man or a woman?"

The father, as they are wont to do, goes into a long lecture on the nature of
God and how mankind has associated human characteristics with the Almighty in
an attmpt at better understanding, etc. He ends with the observation that God
is neither male nor female, black nor white, straight nor gay, to which Johnny
responds ... "Oh, is God Michael Jackson, then?" "
:rotfl: :rotfl:

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 08:26 AM

I have two sisters. My elder sister gave birth to a girl recently. Before that she was saying that she wants a boy like me :oops: . I am not sure wether she wanted her husband to be like me. But it is quite true that our family members influence us a lot when it comes to choosing partners. I am not sure wether this can be generalized, this seems to be true for Indians atleast.

Does, this mean that opposites like each other . No. I second thirumaran, it is just a sample out of the whole population. While other couples may easily escape our attention, it is these contrasting couples that we overtly take notice of. I dunno the reason behind their choice but it all boils down to individiual choice, which definitely cannot be patternised for the whole population.

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 09:31 AM

Interesting Rachel.

I have no brothers or sisters. So, I have no idea on whom I will like.

But sometimes, We might like a person who is just the opposite of our character.

For eg, I like people who are calm, polite and dignified.. and those who resolves any issues in an amicable way rather than in an aggressive(like me) way :)

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 09:34 AM
Good selva, so u do agree on the topic :)

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 09:53 AM
Good selva, so u do agree on the topic :)

yes.. Thamizh.. I do agree with it. An aggressive person might like a guy / girl of the opposite nature. :D

This is a fact. and I have seen several examples.

:)

I agree with the topic completely. But if it is dealt in the marriage / couple level, I have difference of opinion since arranged marriage has the capability to demolish / sustain the same :)

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 09:55 AM
Take this scenario for example: A Boy who is intelligent is told by his friends that only a intelligent girl can gel with him. This makes him want to prove his friends wrong that he can gel with any girl and so chooses to indulge in a relationship with a girl who is not that smart.

This can be termed as the effect of the surroundings in which the person wants to get into a relationship purely to prove others wrong.

Another case is this: Person A is very good looking and is undertandably popular...however he wants to go out with a average looking girl who understands him and possibly someone who is not attracted to his good looks

In this case it is more of the desire of the person or as selva sir pointed out curiosity which takes place where the fella wants to just try out a relationship with someone who is not attracted to him and at the same time is not that good looking.

Like Thamizh sir pointed out the general appreciation of family members can also play a part in their relationship..but however for some girls/boys it can be different. In singapore from a analysis done on teenage relationships it is found that 83 percent of teenagers choose their partners with their own criteria/basis which is not affected by love for any family member/inspiration.

If your topic meant opposites attract as in naturally without any desire,curiosity or any other things then we can safely say that those people are attracted to people completely opposite of their character as it seems a entirely different proposition then going out with someone like them.

bingleguy
25th April 2006, 10:05 AM
hulk ! hmn

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 10:07 AM
Naan kastha pattu kaiyi valichi type adicha postukku oru hmn thaana?...:x

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 10:15 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: hmmm ....

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 10:18 AM
Thamizh sir...neengalum yerkanavae pathi yeriyira vayirukku extra oil yethuraengela?..:x..enimel naan unga ellarum kitae pesa mattein.

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 10:24 AM
I guess hmn is also one among those internet jargons, like the one that Fire pulled out yesterday. I have a tuff time decrypting them. My CAM paper was a lot better, it had a lot fewer acronyms than this.
i dunno know wat hmn means but it can mean a variety of things ranging from Hi man to Hulk means nonsense!!! :(

just a guess, better check it out with bingleguy

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 10:26 AM
Thamizh sir...neengalum yerkanavae pathi yeriyira vayirukku extra oil yethuraengela?..:x..enimel naan unga ellarum kitae pesa mattein.

aiyayyooo, naan indha vambukkae varala. Hulk, neenga paesatti intha forumla oru periya pulliyae illada mathiri aadyidum :P ennai mannichidunga

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 10:27 AM
Aaha...rombo nalla yennai pugalnthaenge...athukaaga ungalai mannikiraen...:D

rachel
25th April 2006, 11:30 AM

Interesting Rachel.

I have no brothers or sisters. So, I have no idea on whom I will like.

But sometimes, We might like a person who is just the opposite of our character.

For eg, I like people who are calm, polite and dignified.. and those who resolves any issues in an amicable way rather than in an aggressive(like me) way :)

selva,, i'm calm, polite and dignified person. i resolve any issues in an amicable way rather than in an aggressive way... :lol2:

Alien
25th April 2006, 11:33 AM

selva,, i'm calm, polite and dignified person. i resolve any issues in an amicable way rather than in an aggressive way... :lol2:
And, I'm quite loner and very intelligent , like ur brother ......
:rotfl: :lol2:

rachel
25th April 2006, 11:36 AM

And, I'm loner and very intelligent , like ur brother ......

really..u like kamal. i don't :cry:

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 11:54 AM
Rachel selva sirukku routu poduraengela?....:lol:....seringa pa...Jana any views on why opposites attract?

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 12:51 PM

Exactly... YOu can be HER BROTHER (PERFECTLY) :lol2: :rotfl:

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 12:53 PM

Is it true? I don't think so.. :rotfl: :lol2:

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 12:56 PM

oxymoron :cry:

:lol:

P.S: Selva to himself -- I must have replaced "like" with "love" :lol2: :rotfl:

swathy
25th April 2006, 01:00 PM
Rachel selva sirukku routu poduraengela?....:lol:....seringa pa...Jana any views on why opposites attract?

meen kodi theril manmadha rajan oorvalam pogindran

nice song :wink:

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 01:04 PM
:rotfl: :lol:

"Adi 15 ponathu 16 vanthathu
Thaavani paarthen, message vanthathu
thadavi paarthen, PM PONATHU

unnaalae"

P.S: summa IMAGINATIVE situation song..

hi
25th April 2006, 01:04 PM
I am 100% sure..opposite attracts :P

swathy
25th April 2006, 01:07 PM
:rotfl: :lol:

"Adi 15 ponathu 16 vanthathu
Thaavani paarthen, message vanthathu
thadavi paarthen, PM PONATHU

unnaalae"

P.S: summa IMAGINATIVE situation song..

:rotfl:

Kann munne yethani nilavu kadhalile

swathy
25th April 2006, 01:08 PM
I am 100% sure..opposite attracts :P

same here :wink:

hi
25th April 2006, 01:08 PM
Selva,

Doubtful that girls get attarct to Virtual DADA's :lol:

Swathy,
:o :wink:

swathy
25th April 2006, 01:09 PM
Selva,

but confirmed to manmadhan :lol:

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 01:11 PM
Selva,

Swathy,
:o :wink:

do u mean to say girls like only REAL dadas :lol:

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 01:11 PM
i guess selva will try to become one :rotfl:

swathy
25th April 2006, 01:14 PM
mm dada not sure

but girls may like rowdies but sure not porukkis :lol:

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 01:17 PM
rowdies ???? :shock: :shock: :bewildered: :amazed: :unbeleivable: :wtf: (see our hub is seriously short of emoticons )

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 01:19 PM
if that view is based on the assumption that opposite attracts, dont tell me that i am goin to get a proposal from sorna akka :(

villan007
25th April 2006, 01:22 PM
if that view is based on the assumption that opposite attracts, dont tell me that i am goin to get a proposal from sorna akka :(

kandiban
25th April 2006, 01:37 PM
fire what joke what joke ..... how can u think like this ? are u one of them :roll:

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 01:42 PM
Selva,

But you have seen the TRUTH .. that contradicts your fact.. Right :lol:

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 01:44 PM
Selva,

but confirmed to manmadhan :lol:

Exactly !!

VAMBUKKU THAAN DADA

ANBUKKU EPPAVUM (ILAM KANNIYARUKKU MATTUM) MANMADHAN !!

Manmadha LeeLaiyai VendraVar YaarIngae
sonnavan NaaniLLae MKT ee

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 01:46 PM

Hope you didn't get it !!

BE IT VIRTUAL WORLD PLAYGROUND OR YOUNG GIRLS HEARTS

IT IS DADA @ MANMADHAN ALL THE WAY !!

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 01:48 PM
mm dada not sure

but girls may like rowdies but sure not porukkis :lol:

Opposite attracts!!

bingleguy
25th April 2006, 01:54 PM
rowdies kkum porukkies kkum enna difference ?

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 01:58 PM

Hope you didn't get it !!

BE IT VIRTUAL WORLD PLAYGROUND OR YOUNG GIRLS HEARTS

IT IS DADA @ MANMADHAN ALL THE WAY !!

Yes, I didn get it :D

mannichukkonga manmadan sir :notworthy: :notworthy:

but please keep distance from simbu's influence :banghead: very contagious :D

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 02:00 PM

orangekkum saathukudikkum ulla difference thaan :wink: not much

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 02:04 PM
Yetho ellarum views kodukuraanga nu paarthaal...dadakkum ponnungalakkum aagum nu oru debate ah naduthuraenge...:banghead:...mavanangala yenukkum aruvaal irukku...naanum oru dada...yennai kattikka kuda vendam..naanae kidnap pennikittae pogiraen...:D

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 02:07 PM
mavanangala yenukkum aruvaal irukku...naanum oru dada...yennai kattikka kuda vendam..naanae kidnap pennikittae pogiraen...

ungaLaaLa mudinchathaa.... Police thorathi vandu adikka poguthu Hulk (just kidding)

Thamizh,
I referred that in the usual sense.. Not with simbhu.. (I never treat him as an object) :lol: I wanted to avoid MKT style of singing.. That's all :D :lol:

hi
25th April 2006, 02:08 PM

Rowdies.. sum are gud-hearted .. like nayagan kamal
Porukkies - sariyana poruki dhan :roll:

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 02:09 PM
OK, it seems that dadas are hot property among women :shock: so wat next? any more views

huTlk, i didn get ur last line :roll:

swathy
25th April 2006, 02:12 PM

:clap: :lol:

rocketboy
25th April 2006, 02:14 PM

I didn't participiate in this thread till now because the topic being discussed doesn't befit me.

but the question raised by bingle is worth answering.

a rowdy is a person who resorts to violence to have things done his way.

a porukki on the other hand is an immoral person.

a rowdy need not be a porukki.

a porukki need not be a rowdy.

hope this explanation helps.

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 02:14 PM

:P :P Thanks a lot !! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Exactly Anjali.. Selva maari naalu per irukkurathu naala thaan ULAGATHILA MAZHAIYAE PEIYUTHU :D :D

swathy
25th April 2006, 02:16 PM
Well dressed ,descent, educated porukkis are there.

Many rowdies are not porukkies like pandiyan in kakka kakka

cinema paarthu kettu poi thiriyurom hahaha

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 02:17 PM

:P :P Thanks a lot !! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Exactly Anjali.. Selva maari naalu per irukkurathu naala thaan ULAGATHILA MAZHAIYAE PEIYUTHU :D :D

Athey nerathilae yennai mathiri 5 peru irupethu naala Ulagathilae tsunamiyae varathu :D

As for the last line i said i will not be into relationships with the girls...being a dada i will safeguard my honour by kidnapping them instead of wasting time wooing them.

Police yennai thoratthinaal approm yennai perusu mathiri encoutnerleh pothu thalliduvaangala?..:cry:

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 02:18 PM
Alright let go of the rowdies and porukkis topic...anybody else have any opinions on why opposites attract?

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 03:00 PM
huTlk
adhaiye ethanaa vaatti thaan kaetpeenga?, innaikku adhu yeannu therinjikkama vidapoarathilla polirukku :lol:

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 03:19 PM
:lol:....athu ellei pa...ellarum off topic poga kudaathu nu appadi sollirukkaen.

thamizhvaanan
25th April 2006, 03:21 PM
nee thaan ya unmaiyaana hubber :clap:

un sincerity pullllarikkkudu :lol:

Hulkster
25th April 2006, 06:46 PM
Enna iruthaalum over nakkalu...:D...seri vidunga...yengae intha thread arambicha theivathai?...oru responsum kaanum avangittu irunthu

Fire111999
25th April 2006, 10:23 PM
fire what joke what joke ..... how can u think like this ? are u one of them :roll:

oh pls no! i'm not pretty. so i'll be one of the other girls only! :wink:

Fire111999
25th April 2006, 10:25 PM

i'm not around for a day and this topic has gone haywire!

Fire111999
25th April 2006, 10:26 PM
Enna iruthaalum over nakkalu...:D...seri vidunga...yengae intha thread arambicha theivathai?...oru responsum kaanum avangittu irunthu

thank you!

sorry. was busy the whole day today!

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 05:49 AM
Oh alright....get in before like you said the topic goes haywire...or who knows they might be discussing about perarasu in this thread.

thamizhvaanan
26th April 2006, 06:34 AM
Yea Fire devathai, compared to the first few pages, this topic has definitely gone haywire. But i vow, I am in no way responsible for that. I was trying to bring ppl back to track. huTlk will agree with me I guess, right huTlk?

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 06:40 AM
Yes...naan othukkuvaen..except for the nakkalu...:x...seri seri...vera yethavethu views irukka?

Alien
26th April 2006, 07:04 AM
Ok, back to the topic .... (Hulkster thaan unmaiyaana hub-magan :lol: ... asked for my views ...)

I would agree with the title ... though not in the context (handsome and not so handsome ... or ... Intelligent & dull ...rowdy & etc., ) :lol:

But in the perspective , of opposite natures/characters/preferences ..
Say , I would like a girl with contrasting taste/nature against me ... like a girl, who moves well with new ppl or is quite forward .... (coz I'm quite shy & quiet .... :roll: :lol: ) .... A girl who is very talkative ...
I feel that quite contrasting characters make a better pair .... Life'd b more interesting then, more fights , "oodals", "koodals" , etc., .... ! ....... :P :wink: ... If both are alike then it'd b very boring ...... :roll: .......
So, I'd more like a girl who doesn't like Kamal ..... :lol: :wink: ... ring a bell ..... :lol:

thamizhvaanan
26th April 2006, 07:08 AM
:clap: :clap: i think that explains most of it

thamizhvaanan
26th April 2006, 07:12 AM
I'd more like a girl who doesn't like Kamal ..... ... ring a bell .....

so that u can argue for kamal's sake with her :lol: I think ur requirements arent that tuff to be met :)
like being talkative - very common, chumma kanna moodittu pick, 9 outta 10 times u will get such a girl :lol:

Alien
26th April 2006, 07:18 AM
:notworthy: ..... :lol:
Thamizh , There r more too , other than being talkative ..... :wink:
and that Kamal & ring a bell , is to refer an earlier post in this thread .... Some1 said that she doesn't like Kamal .... :lol: .... Just 4 fun, am just mucking arnd ...... :)

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 07:20 AM
Well girls who dunt like kamal would be those who do not like his way of presenting movies(the kissing scenes, angae thoduruthu engae thoduruthu)...that sort of girls will be the innocent ones who will prefer guys who are kadi-jokers and are decent to move with...Alien neenga vote podulam anaal ungalai paarthaal sandai kaarana theriyuthae.

Thamizh sir neenga rombo experienced polarakku girls matter leh...9 out of times ah?..probability equation kodunga paarpom..:lol:

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 07:23 AM
Yes this will drop in the desires in opposites scenario i mentioned earlier(yennai paarka periya analyser mathiri irukkum..kandukathaenge) Intha mathiri to see how you can gel with a opposite character can also be definedd in many ways like how alien sir mentioned. Vera yaaruvethukku ithey stylae vera views irukka?

thamizhvaanan
26th April 2006, 07:29 AM
huTlk, naanum gavanichitte varaen, ungalukku idhae vealaiya poachu, neenga edhuvume pesama, yaaravadhu pesunga, yaaravadhu pesunga nnu sollittu irukeenga :lol:

just kidding, nothin i meant seriously :wink:

Alien
26th April 2006, 07:35 AM
:lol: ....hulk Alien sir endu koopida vendaam ! :twisted: I'm not old, just 3 years elder than u :twisted: ....... just Alien or Jana would do ..... :) ...
Ok am off for now

thamizhvaanan
26th April 2006, 07:37 AM
I am just 1 year older than him, he wont listen :(

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 07:47 AM
Seri thamizha and Jana....santhosama?...:lol:...poithu vaanga Jana...ellei yaena naan yerkanavae 1 page size leh rendu post koduthuthaen...unnum post penaal hub vittae thookiduvaanga...athu naal thaan mattavangalai post penna solraen...

Fire111999
26th April 2006, 06:39 PM
ok, so we don't really know y one person is attracted to another person. might be opposite stuff or similar stuff that's causing the attraction, right?

selvakumar
26th April 2006, 06:42 PM
:lol: ....hulk Alien sir endu koopida vendaam ! :twisted: I'm not old, just 3 years elder than u :twisted: ....... just Alien or Jana would do ..... :) ...
Ok am off for now

Jana... Thanks for that :)

:twisted: Hulk... --- PERIYAVARAE.. UNGA IMSAI THAANGA MUDIYALA.. :twisted:

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 06:51 PM
ok, so we don't really know y one person is attracted to another person. might be opposite stuff or similar stuff that's causing the attraction, right?

Evala kashtupattu ithanai explanations...ithanai scenarios koduthu why opposites attract nu pothirukkaen...still dunno nu pothu naan 1 and a half pageku yeluthiya postai veena aakitaengelae...:cry:..intha kodumaiyai keika oruthunum elleiya?

selvakumar
26th April 2006, 06:59 PM
:notworthy: ..... :lol:
Thamizh , There r more too , other than being talkative ..... :wink:
and that Kamal & ring a bell , is to refer an earlier post in this thread .... Some1 said that she doesn't like Kamal .... :lol: .... Just 4 fun, am just mucking arnd ...... :)

Jana..She referred about her BROTHER'S QUALITIES !! :?: :idea: :!:

P.S: Seems you are interested to BE HER BROTHER :wink: :lol:

Alien
26th April 2006, 08:13 PM
Jana..She referred about her BROTHER'S QUALITIES !! :?: :idea: :!:

P.S: Seems you are interested to BE HER BROTHER :wink: :lol:
:rotfl: ... kathai keTTuthu pO .... :rotfl:
She said she LIKES guys with her brother's qualities ...... :lol:
Anyway, like i said, i was just mucking arnd ..... :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
27th April 2006, 03:07 PM
Yes. Opposite characters attract. I dont think its true regarding physical looks though.

thamizhvaanan
27th April 2006, 04:15 PM
that is bad news for me :(

selvakumar
27th April 2006, 04:27 PM
that is bad news for me :(

why :huh:

Do u mean to say that you won't find a BIRD WHICH WILL BE SIMILAR TO THE ONE IN YOUR AVATAR :huh:

Soon u will get it if u walk along :lol2:

thamizhvaanan
27th April 2006, 04:35 PM
i am looking for one particular kinda birds . they are called chicks :wink: :lol:

selvakumar
27th April 2006, 04:48 PM
i am looking for one particular kinda birds . they are called chicks :wink: :lol:

I guess this topic is abt oppsite attraction within same species and not acress species. :rotfl:

U have a bird in ur avatar which never correlates with chicks.. (R u not a SevaL (male chick) :lol:

Hulkster
27th April 2006, 06:23 PM
Thamizh sir kavalai vendam....unga nalla manasakku antha mahalakshmiyae yerungi vanthu kalyanam penna proposal kodupaanga....:wink:

I forgot to put my conclusion to one and a half page posts...well let me say opposites do attract in terms of the desire of the person(e.g. i would like to go out with a person who has opposite characteristics with me)...as for looks they do not naturally attract...most probably if they find the character nice to go with they will have a relationship but rarely do we see natural attraction to those who have opposite looks to us.

Sinthiya
27th April 2006, 09:07 PM
of course, opposites attract, that's what we learned in Chemistry, Physics and Biology in high school....:roll:..:oops:....

ok....i think opposites attract, because there is something about that person that you don't have or would like to have that attracts you to him/her....at the same time, you also need some similarities because that keeps you grounded to know the other person has some similar personalities, attitudes, likes/dislikes, etc.

a mix of both is good...:)...but it depends on the individual and their values...

i prefer that my partner has different interests and likes because that just makes the relationship more meaningful and allows for better communication...but i also prefer him to have some similarities so we can always acknowledge that we have something in common when we get into fights so we can make up...:lol:....

Raikkonen
27th April 2006, 09:20 PM
Ithu ore nalla point

Fire111999
27th April 2006, 10:44 PM
yup, i agree with sinthiya, a mix of differences and similiarities is good!

thamizhvaanan
28th April 2006, 09:05 AM
Thamizh sir kavalai vendam....unga nalla manasakku antha mahalakshmiyae yerungi vanthu kalyanam penna proposal kodupaanga....:wink:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

un vaayila chakkaraiya alli poadanum :lol:

thamizhvaanan
28th April 2006, 09:08 AM
ok, i dunno wether it is the fact that wether the other person is similar or not that drives us. basically i wud like to outline wat i wish from my partner, and when i compare those with wat i think i am, i do feel that it is a combination of both :)

thamizhvaanan
28th April 2006, 09:25 AM
I think I understand (or try to understand) ppl very much (unless it is an intentional neglect :P) . I am also a lot flexible and somewat openminded. I do expect a certain degree of these qualities from my partner. she doesnt need to be a lot flexible, may be a little adamant but i dont mind :) obviously i wud like her to be caring, which i hope I am.

I talk a lot when i am with my friends, blabber a lot, churn out useless jokes mechanincally :lol: but at home, with my family I maintain an aristocratic silence. My mom says that i am a very caring member of the family, my sisters havent said anything like that, but i suspect that they feel i am a bit cold-natured :( . my partner, shud be able to look at me beyond this, understand wat i am actually. she's gotta put up with my weird sense of humour :lol:. I dont mind her being talkative, afterall i need some entertainment :P

looking back at the post, i know i've blabbered a lot, but i am not sure wether these qualities are similar to mine :roll: ...... to hell with the opposites and similar concept, i just want a ****ing woman with these qualities :lol:

Alien
28th April 2006, 09:41 AM
Thamizha , .... :rotfl: ... ithu enna matrimonial site-a ? :lol:

Just kidding :D ...... Nice post .... :thumbsup: .. my description also would quite b the same ....

Shekhar
28th April 2006, 09:44 AM
Take it from me.. opposite natures between men and women don't attract. A relationship between a man and a woman with too many opposites does not last long.

Hulkster
28th April 2006, 09:49 AM
Thamizh sir antha kadeisi statement varikkum matrimonial ad mathiri irunthichi..athu vanthonu english matrimonial ad mathiri irunthichi....enna irunthaalum unga manasu velipadiya pesiyethukku oru :thumbsup:

Since everyone i saying what they look for in their partner let me classify the characteristics.

First and foremost my partner must be a Woman

Secondly she must be frank

Thirdly she must be someone who does not believe in yen purushan yennodeiya kadavul,purushan sonnuthu ellameiyum keipaen theories. In other words she must not let herself be enslaved in marriage.

Intha moondru criteria irunthichi na yeppa...antha ponnu yenukku thaan doi..:D

Hulkster
28th April 2006, 09:51 AM
Take it from me.. opposite natures between men and women don't attract. A relationship between a man and a woman with too many opposites does not last long.

Thats a true reflection but certain people might look at opposite characters as a attraction..so its not entirely through that opposite natures dunt attract...good post :thumbsup:

rachel
28th April 2006, 10:27 AM
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) nice posts

thamizhvaanan
29th April 2006, 05:08 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: dude, did any other option exist before,like i mean wether u had other ideas b4 :?: :lol:

thamizhvaanan
29th April 2006, 05:10 AM
Thamizha , .... :rotfl: ... ithu enna matrimonial site-a ? :lol:

Just kidding :D ...... Nice post .... :thumbsup: .. my description also would quite b the same ....

now, dont make me feel embarassed and edit my post also :oops: :oops: :cry:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 10:49 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: dude, did any other option exist before,like i mean wether u had other ideas b4 :?: :lol:

Ellei pa....yerkanavae naan male or female nu yega patta santhaegams...athaan partner woman nu sollitaen...:lol:

villan007
29th April 2006, 10:51 AM
Ellei pa....yerkanavae naan male or female nu yega patta santhaegams...athaan partner woman nu sollitaen...:lol:

:shock:

ippo chandrasekar ku ipdi oru sogama ? :cry:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 10:53 AM
Aahaa.....yentha threadku ponaalum naayi mathiri pinnadi vanthu torture pennuraanga pa...:banghead:...aiyo kaduvulae...yenukku eppadi oru sothanaiya?..:cry:

villan007
29th April 2006, 10:54 AM
ippo chandrasekar , wat do u think ?

do opposites attract ? :roll:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 10:58 AM
Naturally in terms of looks no....but they can attract due to the desire of either person or if it is just curiosity....read my posts in the earlier pages...nalla explain penniruppaen...:D

thamizhvaanan
29th April 2006, 11:28 PM
so that does it for this thread, everyone satisfied? hulk neenga satisfied?

azhagi
30th April 2006, 12:13 AM
Opposites do attract-I am a living example-I am known to be fire and my husband Ice

Ghlli
30th April 2006, 12:15 AM
my last crush was opposite :rotfl: a horrible gangster :rotfl: my latest crush is similar...well more similar than my last one.....:roll:

Hulkster
30th April 2006, 12:20 PM
Yenukku satisfaction thamizh....

ghili horrible gangster - Palakku Paandi?

latest one - kanduvatti gopaalu?

ellam nalla opposite attraction thaan...neenga naduthunga gaayu...:thumbsup:

bingleguy
30th April 2006, 12:37 PM
my last crush was opposite :rotfl: a horrible gangster :rotfl: my latest crush is similar...well more similar than my last one.....:roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

thamizhvaanan
30th April 2006, 02:49 PM

no wonder u live in vijay's world :lol:

anyway, i just have one doubt, is Ghlli a spelling mistake of ghilli or something else?? seems quite strange

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 05:30 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no no not palakku paandi...its patasu balu :lol: :lol: :lol:

latest one is cute :P

Yenukku satisfaction thamizh....

ghili horrible gangster - Palakku Paandi?

latest one - kanduvatti gopaalu?

ellam nalla opposite attraction thaan...neenga naduthunga gaayu...:thumbsup:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 05:30 AM
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 05:32 AM
:hammer: i live in vjs world...thats why everythings so normal :D

ya ya it was a typo when i registered :D oh well it makes people remember my ID well :wink: see its a special technique :rotfl:

no wonder u live in vijay's world :lol:

anyway, i just have one doubt, is Ghlli a spelling mistake of ghilli or something else?? seems quite strange

thamizhvaanan
1st May 2006, 07:44 AM
i knew it :) :lol: why dont our forum let us change our id? why are we left to repent our minute of insanity forever ?

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 07:47 AM
we can change our ID if we pm the mods :D but ghlli makes people remember the ID for longer since it has a mistake...so its good...i'll be remembered foreva :lol:

i knew it :) :lol: why dont our forum let us change our id? why are we left to repent our minute of insanity forever ?

thamizhvaanan
1st May 2006, 07:56 AM
oh seems that u've changed it once already. if u go and ask once againg probably they will chase u :lol: now, shud i change my id. coz it seems more likely that many of my friends might join the forum in near future,... hmmm gets a little tricky. we'll see. thanks for the info gaayni :wink:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 07:59 AM
its up 2 u....actually i didnt change my ID, my old ID got banned due to some stupid behaviour :rotfl: it got banned two times :rotfl: and i'v had 2 warnings for this ID too :rotfl:

thamizhvaanan
1st May 2006, 08:06 AM
:shock: phew!!! thats not a gud way to change one's id :shock: ok one option out of my checklist!!!!

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 08:08 AM
:rotfl: just pm Nov...he will change ur ID...yes getting banned is definately not a wonderfull way of changing ur ID :rotfl:

thamizhvaanan
1st May 2006, 08:11 AM
oh thanx, i will think abt it :)

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 08:12 AM
:thumbsup: