PDA

View Full Version : AR || Sakkarakatti | Kalaprabhu | Shanthanu ||

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

thineshan54321
24th February 2008, 08:47 PM
Pretty interesting... I also force myself not to listen to an ARR soundtrack sometimes (i.e. allow myself to listen to it only during WE) in order to keep the feelings the songs provide me for as long as possible.

:yes: :exactly: The initial feeling of elation you get when you first discover the intricacies of an ARR song (e.g. first few listenings of Mayil Iragae, I used to get goosebumps everytime. I've had a similar thing with In Lamhon). However, these songs lose their effect if you over-listen to them. ARR should be enjoyed in small measures...you can't have too much of a good thing. :lol:

alavukku minchina amuthamum najuthaan. :lol: i remember mayilirage, i was in india when that released. i used to listen to that in a dark room with an air conditioner and a very rapid spinning fan. summa chillunu irunthuthu! everytime i listen to mayilirage, i get that same chilling effect.
I dont know about mayilliragae but old arr songs like malargaley, en mel viluntha mali thuli, ennavaley, thoda thoda, pennala etcccccc are evergreen. for these songs ur proverb "alavukku minchina amuthamum najuthaan" wont suit. :D

yep tru. but what i meant is they are no longer as fresh as when they were released, i think thats what yathu was saying too because we listen to it so much that we know everysingle sound in there, yet sometimes even we are surprised to hear those "hidden" sounds. :)

thineshan54321
24th February 2008, 10:54 PM
recent evergreen song imo is munbe vaa. i listened to it almost 500 times, but everytime i put it on, its the same feeling i got when i first listened to it. amazing stuff. i just want an album from arr with 6 munbe vaa's. :lol: that will last me for years.

A.ANAND
25th February 2008, 03:57 PM
recent evergreen song imo is munbe vaa. i listened to it almost 500 times, but everytime i put it on, its the same feeling i got when i first listened to it. amazing stuff. i just want an album from arr with 6 munbe vaa's. :lol: that will last me for years.
SAME ME TOO :musicsmile:

thineshan54321
25th February 2008, 06:27 PM
pls vote:
http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php

rayan36
27th February 2008, 12:27 PM

500 times :shock: wow, your parents must be proud of you :lol: just kid'ng :wink: ...i'm resisting NOT to listen as much, just savoring it for my precious moments

thineshan54321
27th February 2008, 07:08 PM

500 times :shock: wow, your parents must be proud of you :lol: just kid'ng :wink: ...i'm resisting NOT to listen as much, just savoring it for my precious moments

yep, i remember it released in 2006 summer and all summer this was the song. i initially listened to NYN and Munbe Vaa but then munbe vaa took over and still its as fresh as new. i was expecting this kinda melodies from sivaji and ATM both of which didnt give. lets see if sakarakatti does the trick.

prasana84
27th February 2008, 07:40 PM
Sakarakatti eppa audio release? :(

SoftSword
27th February 2008, 07:44 PM
1,000,000$?

Ramakrishna
5th March 2008, 09:29 PM
March 14th :roll:

rayan36
5th March 2008, 09:57 PM
Where did you dig that RM, is it reliable? :wink:

Ramakrishna
6th March 2008, 02:01 AM
Not sure :?

Yathu
6th March 2008, 03:41 AM

:yes:

Only (9 + n) days left!

(where n = undefined number of days/months)

thineshan54321
6th March 2008, 04:04 AM

:yes:

Only (9 + n) days left!

(where n = undefined number of days/months)

haha so true, we know it cant be any earlier than 14th but we also know it can be very much after 14th. :lol:

A.ANAND
6th March 2008, 05:44 AM
somebody says[arr yahoo group] the movie conferm release in jun.audio may be release in april or mei!

kutti_anand
14th March 2008, 11:18 PM
is sakkarakatti audio released?

Ramakrishna
15th March 2008, 04:46 PM
Kutti :roll:

thineshan54321
15th March 2008, 08:12 PM
yathu n>1 :lol:

Yathu
16th March 2008, 02:36 AM

yup definately. :lol: hopefully n < 30

thineshan54321
16th March 2008, 04:17 AM

yup definately. :lol: hopefully n < 30

just hope n<365 :!: i remember n was around 370 (more than a year) when varalaaru finally released. i am sure the music would rock. did u guys notice ever since sivaji, the presence of other MDs faded away? hope it stays the same .

thineshan54321
16th March 2008, 08:45 PM
ne updates guys? did ARR finish composing the songs? a while ago, it was reported that a song was still pending.

Yathu
17th March 2008, 12:04 AM
ne updates guys? did ARR finish composing the songs? a while ago, it was reported that a song was still pending.

I think the BGM and shooting of the songs is happening now...

I have a really good feeling about this film for the following reasons:

- ARR compared this director to Shankar (early Shankar [another Kaathalan maybe? :D ])
- and because of the directors determination to to use ARR for the project, he's waited quite a while for him to do the BGM!

Yathu
17th March 2008, 12:21 AM
I've just found this blog (http://inside-report.blogspot.com/2008/03/sakkarakkatti-1-song-download-link.html) claiming that the following is a song from Sakkarakati :S:

Good morning Tamil nadae:

http://rapidshare.com/files/99413684/Sakkarakatti_-_Good_Morning_Good_Morning_Tamilnadae.mp3.html

I SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY doubt this is a song from the film....but just thouhgt I'd post it.... :lol:

(sorry if this is the same fake song that was posted on Uyirvaani.com!)

thineshan54321
17th March 2008, 01:21 AM
I've just found this blog (http://inside-report.blogspot.com/2008/03/sakkarakkatti-1-song-download-link.html) claiming that the following is a song from Sakkarakati :S:

http://rapidshare.com/files/99413684/Sakkarakatti_-_Good_Morning_Good_Morning_Tamilnadae.mp3.html

I SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY doubt this is a song from the film....but just thouhgt I'd post it.... :lol:

what a cheesy song. def not ARR! :lol: i have a really good feeling about this movie too. i am sure that if he waited this long for ARR, then he has such a respect for him to picturize the songs properly and i heard ARR really liked the script that a 20 min meeting script telling was extended to 1.5 hrs and that he was really interested. lets keep our fingers crossed for like yathu said, kathalan. :)

Mahen
17th March 2008, 05:45 AM

what a cheesy song. def not ARR! :lol: i have a really good feeling about this movie too. i am sure that if he waited this long for ARR, then he has such a respect for him to picturize the songs properly and i heard ARR really liked the script that a 20 min meeting script telling was extended to 1.5 hrs and that he was really interested. lets keep our fingers crossed for like yathu said, kathalan. :)

Thinesan, arr oda script sense namba mudiyathu..He's the one who said that he was impressed with atm script..

thineshan54321
17th March 2008, 06:29 AM

Thinesan, arr oda script sense namba mudiyathu..He's the one who said that he was impressed with atm script..

tru... but arr himself said that some directors when they tell the story/script, it sounds exceptional but when they put it on screen its a complete mess. on the other hand he also went on to say that shankar is one director who does exactly what he said he would and now ARR is comparing kala prabhu to shankar. lets wait and see.

Yathu
18th March 2008, 12:55 AM
Yeah he said he saw clips of the film and thats what reminded him of early Shankar. :D

A.ANAND
19th March 2008, 07:47 AM
சக்கரகட்டி... பாக்யராஜ் சந்தோஷம்!
இலவச நியூஸ் லெட்டர் பெற

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்பாக்யராஜின் மகன் சாந்தனு முதல் முறையாக நாயகனாக நடிக்கும் படம் சக்கரகட்டி. இந்தப் படத்தை இயக்கி வருபவர் படத்தின் தயாரிப்பாளர் தாணுவின் மகன் கலாபிரபு.

ஹீரோயின்களாக வேதிகா, மும்பையைச் சேர்ந்த இஷிதா ஆகியோர் நடித்துள்ளனர்.

பிரமாண்டமான முறையில் எடுக்கப்பட்டு வரும் இப்படம் கிட்டத்தட்ட முடிவடைந்துவிட்டது. விரைவில் பாடல்கள் வெளியாக உள்ளன.

இப்படத்தின் முதல் காட்சியை இயக்குநர் பாக்யராஜுக்கு போட்டுக் காட்டினாராம் தயாரிப்பாளர் தாணு. பார்த்து முடித்த பாக்யராஜ், படத்தின் இயக்குநரான கலாபிரபுவை வெகுவாகப் பாராட்டினாராம்.

"இந்தப் படத்தை பார்க்க வரும் முன் என் மகன் கதாநாயகனாக நடிச்ச படத்தைப் பார்க்க போறோம் என்ற நினைப்போட வந்தேன். ஆனா படத்தைப் பார்த்த பிறகு உங்க பையனோட படத்தைப் பார்த்த திருப்தியோட போறேன்.

அவ்வளவு சிறப்பா பண்ணியிருக்காரு உங்க மகன் கலாபிரபு இந்தப் படத்தை. வாழ்த்துக்கள்..." என்று வாய்விட்டுப் பாராட்டினாராம் பாக்யராஜ்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் இசை, தாணுவின் தயாரிப்பு என பிரமாண்டங்களுக்குப் பஞ்சமில்லாத சக்கரகட்டி கோடை விருந்தாக திரைக்கு வரவுள்ளது.
source:www.thatstamil.com

prasana84
20th March 2008, 10:39 PM
Any updates :(

Yathu
21st March 2008, 01:21 AM
I wish this so called "ARRs official website" ( http://www.arrahman.com/ ) would keep us updated on stuff like this! Also, the sites sooo hard to navigate! They should've kept it simpler!

prasana84
21st March 2008, 03:28 PM
I wish this so called "ARRs official website" ( http://www.arrahman.com/ ) would keep us updated on stuff like this! Also, the sites sooo hard to navigate! They should've kept it simpler!
Yup the loading takes too much time anyway thanks yathu

baba88
21st March 2008, 06:47 PM
[tscii:748d55bccc]'Sakkarakatti' is ready for release. The movie, in which K. Bhagyaraj’s son Shanthanu makes his debut as hero and Kalaippuli Thanu’s son Kalaprabhu as director, has been delayed for a long time for many reasons. The film has now been completed and ready for release.

Bhagyaraj, who saw the first show of film said to Thanu, who arranged the show that, “I came here to see the movie in which my son acts as hero. Now I go back with the satisfaction of seeing the film of your son”. Thanu took this complement from the master script writer and successful director as a prestigious award for his son.

The highlight of the movie is A.R. Rahman’s music. Thanu wants to have the audio release function in March itself and plans to bring the music wizard as chief guest.[/tscii:748d55bccc]

thineshan54321
21st March 2008, 07:08 PM
[tscii:570544eb3f]'Sakkarakatti' is ready for release. The movie, in which K. Bhagyaraj’s son Shanthanu makes his debut as hero and Kalaippuli Thanu’s son Kalaprabhu as director, has been delayed for a long time for many reasons. The film has now been completed and ready for release.

Bhagyaraj, who saw the first show of film said to Thanu, who arranged the show that, “I came here to see the movie in which my son acts as hero. Now I go back with the satisfaction of seeing the film of your son”. Thanu took this complement from the master script writer and successful director as a prestigious award for his son.

The highlight of the movie is A.R. Rahman’s music. Thanu wants to have the audio release function in March itself and plans to bring the music wizard as chief guest.[/tscii:570544eb3f]

awesome!!

Yathu
21st March 2008, 09:01 PM
Yes, release the audio this month! Thanu seems like a very wise guy, I think i've become a fan of him already! :lol:

selvakumar
21st March 2008, 09:37 PM
Yes, release the audio this month! Thanu seems like a very wise guy, I think i've become a fan of him already! :lol:
Ya.. Let us wait and see whether Thanu gives us a hero who clicks like maddy :D with arr and not someone like Manoj (taj mahal) :oops2: :lol:

thineshan54321
22nd March 2008, 02:33 AM
Ya.. Let us wait and see whether Thanu gives us a hero who clicks like maddy :D with arr and not someone like Manoj (taj mahal) :oops2: :lol:

all i want is a modern mustafa in the album :)

Yathu
22nd March 2008, 02:59 AM

:o hey whats wrong with Manoj? :lol:

Yathu
22nd March 2008, 03:14 AM
[tscii:5ffdb23bfe]So we know the titles of two of the songs:

1. I Miss You Da - This is the 2 crores song, set in New York 500 years from now. Also supposedly featuring 10 French models. :wink: :lol:

2. Jhalak Jhalak Un Nenjil - Song picturised with Shantanu and Ishita Sharma, in MGR Film City.

I read somewhere that Kala Prabhu worked as a graphics artist for a company called Pentamedia before coming into directing. So I'm guessing the graphics will be of a good standard in the film!

What Rahman has said about Kala Praphu”He reminds me of director Shankar in his early days. The way in which the songs are canned by Kala Prabhu has surprised me. He has immense potential”.[/tscii:5ffdb23bfe]

thineshan54321
22nd March 2008, 06:13 AM
[tscii:0a5382b922]So we know the titles of two of the songs:

1. I Miss You Da - This is the 2 crores song, set in New York 500 years from now. Also supposedly featuring 10 French models. :wink: :lol:

2. Jhalak Jhalak Un Nenjil - Song picturised with Shantanu and Ishita Sharma, in MGR Film City.

I read somewhere that Kala Prabhu worked as a graphics artist for a company called Pentamedia before coming into directing. So I'm guessing the graphics will be of a good standard in the film!

What Rahman has said about Kala Praphu”He reminds me of director Shankar in his early days. The way in which the songs are canned by Kala Prabhu has surprised me. He has immense potential”.[/tscii:0a5382b922]

jhalak jhalak un nenjil sounds really good! imean the words, idont have songs yet so dont ask for a sendspace link :lol: but yathu, where did you get this info from?

Mahen
22nd March 2008, 07:20 AM

ARR shares a good rapport with thanu..Thats the main reason why he did sakarakatti...Moreover thanu's son is debuting as a director, so he wants the best team for his son's first venture..

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2008, 12:01 PM

:o hey whats wrong with Manoj? :lol:

:o u got to ask what is not wrong with Manoj :lol:

rayan36
22nd March 2008, 03:59 PM
[tscii:29c66c0269]So we know the titles of two of the songs:

What Rahman has said about Kala Praphu”He reminds me of director Shankar in his early days. The way in which the songs are canned by Kala Prabhu has surprised me. He has immense potential”.[/tscii:29c66c0269]

Reliable sourcesa Yathu, cause I don't want to spread the wrong news like what happen when Sivaji got released

Yathu
22nd March 2008, 06:27 PM
Thinesh, Rayan i thought this was stuff that we already knew? I just thought it'd be good to summarise it. I'll try and find the sites to back up my claims. :lol:

Yathu
22nd March 2008, 06:33 PM
"I miss you da"

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/18246/Sakkarakatti-Two-crores-song.html

"Jhalak Jhalak un nenjil"

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/previews/preview-sakkarakatti/

I'm sure theres other sites that reported the same things. :D

Rayan now you can tell your friends confidently. :lol:

thineshan54321
22nd March 2008, 06:43 PM
"I miss you da"

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/18246/Sakkarakatti-Two-crores-song.html

"Jhalak Jhalak un nenjil"

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/previews/preview-sakkarakatti/

I'm sure theres other sites that reported the same things. :D

Rayan now you can tell your friends confidently. :lol:

ahhh old newsa? i thot things were heating up because album is going to release soon. well thanks neways yathu.

rayan36
22nd March 2008, 09:38 PM
JHALAK JHALAK EN NENJIL

thineshan54321
27th March 2008, 08:06 PM
march is almost over guys... whats going on?

Ramakrishna
27th March 2008, 08:13 PM
Let us wait. Thats all we can do

SoftSword
27th March 2008, 08:51 PM

march pona april...
wait panradhu namakkenna pudhusa boss.... :)

Ramakrishna
27th March 2008, 08:52 PM
aamaa neenga ellaam ethukkaaga wait panreenga :huh:

thineshan54321
27th March 2008, 09:53 PM

march pona april...

well there is this one song in LOTR (bonus, i didnt send u guys since its not in the CD) that will last me another 10 days, but after that?

Ramakrishna
27th March 2008, 10:18 PM

march pona april...

well there is this one song in LOTR (bonus, i didnt send u guys since its not in the CD) that will last me another 10 days, but after that?

Listen to the old sakkarakattis of our Thalaivar :wink:

thineshan54321
27th March 2008, 11:08 PM

march pona april...

Listen to the old sakkarakattis of our Thalaivar :wink:

:) tru

SoftSword
28th March 2008, 11:39 AM

march pona april...

share it across thinesh...

baba88
28th March 2008, 06:26 PM
In the latest interview ARR told that he has just finished the last song. And that the makers are using a lot of animations that is the reason for the delay.

sat_srini
28th March 2008, 07:35 PM
I think he was talking about Sultan (Chakravathi). Sakkarakatti composing should have been already completed.

thineshan54321
29th March 2008, 01:40 AM
I think he was talking about Sultan (Chakravathi). Sakkarakatti composing should have been already completed.

no i think it is sakarakatti he is talking about. there is a lot of graphics being used in the movie which is prolly why post-production is taking long. for example, NY in 500 yrs cant be done with just cut outs, it has to be CGI. hope the director does a good job with the movie.

thineshan54321
29th March 2008, 01:42 AM

march pona april...

share it across thinesh...

hey its part of th DVD, so ripping the audio takes some time unlike CD and i am kinda busy with a lot of work, when i find time, ill give it to u guys. but if u live in UK, its a must buy, its fantastic.

k_vanan
31st March 2008, 06:38 AM
currently the song recording done in jaipur and they plan to release album in april... :clap:

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/kolly/default.asp

thineshan54321
31st March 2008, 06:58 AM
currently the song recording done in jaipur and they plan to release album in april... :clap:

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/kolly/default.asp

y in jaipur? because he went there for the concert? but then isnt it better to do it back in chennai?

-->
From march to april to may to june,
Will we get atleast a tune
Any time soon?

hey i became a poet just by waiting for ARRs album. :lol: enake sakikala

a detailed translation would b appreciated.

Yathu
31st March 2008, 04:18 PM
A few pics from the film:

http://www.chennai365.com/movies/sakkarakatti-movie-photo-gallery/

Doesn't look that grand. :lol: Maybe i'm expecting this guy to be too much like Shankarji.

Yathu
1st April 2008, 04:06 PM
[tscii:5c9d03a136]Kollywood and the music directors
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, April 01, 2008]

Many films are desperately waiting for the music tracks to be completed.

‘Sakkarakatti’, for example, is waiting for the music wizard A.R. Rahman, who is yet to compose three more songs for the film. The film marks the entry of Shanthanu, son of K. Bhagyaraj. Incidentally it is also the debutant vehicle for Kalaippuli S. Thanu’s son Prabhu as director. Both are eagerly awaiting the release of the movie.

Jeeva’s ‘Dhaam Dhoom’, starring Jayam Ravi, is waiting for Harris Jayaraj, who has to complete a song. Director Selvaraghavan has replaced his favorite music director Yuvan Shankar Raja with G.V. Prakash Kumar for ‘Ayirathil Oruvan’, as Yuvan allegedly delayed too much to compose the music.

Some music directors, on the other hand, are craving for opportunities. Sirpi, who has given many hits, doesn’t have any film on hand. Soundaryan is banking on ‘Malarinum Melliya’ for his comeback but the film is struggling to get released. Though Karthikraja has earned good name in the industry as a music director, he doesn’t get much offers. He has now got a film after a long time in director Shankar’s production.

While Dheena, Devi Sri Prasad, and Imman are doing well, it is Srikanth Deva, who is leading the race. Reason? He demands less and delivers fast.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/37595.html

FALSE NEWS BY INDIAGLITZ or are they April Fooling us? :o

[/tscii:5c9d03a136]

Yathu
9th April 2008, 02:14 AM
How I'm feeling about Sakkarakatti:

:( > :roll: > :x > :evil: > :argh: > :rant: > :hammer: > :cry3: > :sigh2: > :( > :| > :shhh: >>> :smokesmirk: > :lol: :lol: :lol: > :sigh2:

How I want to be feeling:

:D > :redjump: > :boo: > :2thumbsup: > :musicsmile:

thineshan54321
9th April 2008, 03:46 AM
How I'm feeling about Sakkarakatti:

:( > :roll: > :x > :evil: > :argh: > :rant: > :hammer: > :cry3: > :sigh2: > :( > :| > :shhh: >>> :smokesmirk: > :lol: :lol: :lol: > :sigh2:

How I want to be feeling:

:D > :redjump: > :boo: > :2thumbsup: > :musicsmile:

:notworthy: producer apparently waiting for ARRs date for audio function. lets see.

vibinrajmani
15th April 2008, 12:27 PM
guys, what's happening?? So no audio this month either??? :banghead: :banghead: :bangcomp: :bangcomp: :idontgetit: :idontgetit:

when they start printing out ads in local tamil papers, then I'll start to believe that the audio release is close by!!

Till then :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rayan36
26th April 2008, 07:15 AM
Kalaipuli Dhanu on ARR - Sakkarakatti news

After the producers decided abt producing the film, Kala Prabhu ( son of Danu ) decided if they could ask Rahman for scoring the music. So I decided to approach ARR. I met him and said, " Isaye ( Music), Listen to the story. If you like it, do the music. Dont accept it because my son is directing it.". The next day, Rahman listened to the story, and said, " Wonderful Story. Give me six months. I will compose the music myself and give. But when he came for the Puja, due to some influence in his mind, he started composing within 3 months time. It was decided that there would be 4 songs for the film. Kalaprabhu picturised the song that was given by Rahman, and Rahman did additional two songs after seeing the same.

When Maniratnam was associated with Illayaraja, and when Rahman was working with Illayaraja at that time, and when some directors used to approach, he used to play those songs of Mani and exclaim , how well these have been picturised. After seeing the songs of Sakkarakatti, Rahman is calling his friends, his team of people, and showing them how well the songs are picturised. Rahman has popularised the songs, even before it has hit the screens.

thineshan54321
26th April 2008, 07:24 AM

After the producers decided abt producing the film, Kala Prabhu ( son of Danu ) decided if they could ask Rahman for scoring the music. So I decided to approach ARR. I met him and said, " Isaye ( Music), Listen to the story. If you like it, do the music. Dont accept it because my son is directing it.". The next day, Rahman listened to the story, and said, " Wonderful Story. Give me six months. I will compose the music myself and give. But when he came for the Puja, due to some influence in his mind, he started composing within 3 months time. It was decided that there would be 4 songs for the film. Kalaprabhu picturised the song that was given by Rahman, and Rahman did additional two songs after seeing the same.

When Maniratnam was associated with Illayaraja, and when Rahman was working with Illayaraja at that time, and when some directors used to approach, he used to play those songs of Mani and exclaim , how well these have been picturised. After seeing the songs of Sakkarakatti, Rahman is calling his friends, his team of people, and showing them how well the songs are picturised. Rahman has popularised the songs, even before it has hit the screens.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! this guy a mix of mani ratnam and shankar? this is gonna be amazing. first they decided on 4 songs? that would have been dissapointing. good thing ARR decided to give 2 more. amazing. release panungada!

dinesh2002
26th April 2008, 05:05 PM

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! this guy a mix of mani ratnam and shankar? this is gonna be amazing. first they decided on 4 songs? that would have been dissapointing. good thing ARR decided to give 2 more. amazing. release panungada!

Yup, lets see whether do we have another BOYS in 2008. ARR seems to give good tunes to New comers.. Sillunu Oru Kadhal, Azhagiya Tamizh Magan, Ennaku 20 Unnake 18. Lets hope this joins the list...... can anyone get us the release date ??

A.ANAND
28th April 2008, 07:51 AM
audio release fist week of mei-source:vannathirai weekly

thineshan54321
28th April 2008, 08:35 AM

cant be! u mean the upcoming week??????? anand anna, ithu mattum unmaya iruntha neenga ennum 100 extra years valuveenga! who gave the news? from an interview or what?

A.ANAND
28th April 2008, 11:07 AM

cant be! u mean the upcoming week??????? anand anna, ithu mattum unmaya iruntha neenga ennum 100 extra years valuveenga! who gave the news? from an interview or what?ayyooo!!unmaiya illanna apparam ennai 'saabam'vittudathingga sami :lol: 'rahman pavan pollathathu 'thinesan :lol: :lol:

Dragun
28th April 2008, 12:13 PM
Hope for May, expect it to arrive in December :)

thineshan54321
28th April 2008, 05:54 PM

cant be! u mean the upcoming week??????? anand anna, ithu mattum unmaya iruntha neenga ennum 100 extra years valuveenga! who gave the news? from an interview or what?ayyooo!!unmaiya illanna apparam ennai 'saabam'vittudathingga sami :lol: 'rahman pavan pollathathu 'thinesan :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: kavalapadatheenga. release aana elaa pugazhum ungaluke, aagaati elaa sapabum produceruke!

SoftSword
28th April 2008, 06:03 PM
i don have any big expectation from this director....
i expect only the songs to be great...

baba88
28th April 2008, 06:08 PM
Heard that it is gonna be released on May 2. Dunno for sure.

SoftSword
28th April 2008, 06:27 PM

aaha...
may 2nd i would be on tour with my friends....
would be great to play the cd with pride in the van...
:)

thineshan54321
29th April 2008, 12:25 AM

aaha...
may 2nd i would be on tour with my friends....
would be great to play the cd with pride in the van...
:)

that tour will become etched in ur mind forever. happened to me at the time of jeans release. i went on a tour through all of south india and the cassette was literally on loop for that month.

directhit
20th May 2008, 11:57 AM
'Sakkarakatti' audio from June

The much awaited of 'Sakkarakatti', set to tunes by A R Rahman will be released this June.

The movie starring Bhakiyaraj's son Santhanu in the lead role is produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu. His son Prabhu is directing the movie. Interestingly the movie's audio track has six songs which is a mix of classical and hip-hop numbers.

We have completed canning the talkie portion. Only one song has to be shot. It will be completed soon. Rahman has come up with a catchy musical score and is sure the USP of this youthful enntertainer, says Prabhu.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/38663.html

thineshan54321
20th May 2008, 11:59 AM

The much awaited of 'Sakkarakatti', set to tunes by A R Rahman will be released this June.

The movie starring Bhakiyaraj's son Santhanu in the lead role is produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu. His son Prabhu is directing the movie. Interestingly the movie's audio track has six songs which is a mix of classical and hip-hop numbers.

We have completed canning the talkie portion. Only one song has to be shot. It will be completed soon. Rahman has come up with a catchy musical score and is sure the USP of this youthful enntertainer, says Prabhu.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/38663.html

this has to be a dream!!! there is no other way. i am going to wake up and come back to reality (one ARR per year). there is no way this can be happening.

lancelot
20th May 2008, 12:02 PM
3 albums within weeks... there goes all the studying...

this is a curse!!!!

hehe
:D

A.ANAND
20th May 2008, 01:31 PM
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, May 20, 2008]

Dragun
20th May 2008, 09:47 PM
Expect delays!

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 07:09 AM
Expect delays!

JULY 2008 :lol: ...

no, im serious ! :wink: lets keep it safe..... whats the rush anyways, we have Ada and Jaane....... 18 tracks..... :D

SoftSword
21st May 2008, 12:28 PM
august'la vandhaalum ok....
cos we are fed with enough biscuits for now... for that matter... we are fed with a double feast actually... :)

mahen01
21st May 2008, 02:01 PM
I dont listen to Hindi music. So for me its still 1 album this year from ARR. Arr is ratio in tamil is bad 4 or 5 hindi almbum : 1 Tamil album. :(

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 02:12 PM
august'la vandhaalum ok....
cos we are fed with enough biscuits for now... for that matter... we are fed with a double feast actually... :)

enna pa..... dog range'ke kondevanthinge.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahaha... but its true..... we can go on for months with these 2 albums... that too 18 tracks....

as for Tamil album, yea..... the ratio is dropping down, but hey, didint we only have Sivaji and ATM last year? didint we survive with those 2 albums even until now??? [not counting Guru and Jodha Akhbar's dubbing coz dubbing work was bad].

Scale
21st May 2008, 03:18 PM
:omg:

Mahen, in simple terms "Music itself beyond provincialism and that too ARR's music is beyond all -ism's" :lol: anubhavikkanum ippadiellam kaaranam solla koodadhu. naangayellam enna Hindi panditsa?

Tune, Vocal, instruments arrangements are adequate to enjoy good music. Language is complimentary and you can seek translation.

Now I am listening to WOHE - Chinese version. That female voice,accent express everything. What more you ask?

dinesh2002
21st May 2008, 05:01 PM
:omg:

Mahen, in simple terms "Music itself beyond provincialism and that too ARR's music is beyond all -ism's" :lol: anubhavikkanum ippadiellam kaaranam solla koodadhu. naangayellam enna Hindi panditsa?

Tune, Vocal, instruments arrangements are adequate to enjoy good music. Language is complimentary and you can seek translation.

Now I am listening to WOHE - Chinese version. That female voice,accent express everything. What more you ask?

the Mandarin version was the BEST !! Loved how she sung it and the lyrics were more sweet to listen with the music. And the meaning of the lyrics r beautiful!! The part where she pauses, each line had amazing meanings.... when u know the meaning, u will know why did ARR had some pauses inbetween the tune... beautiful!!

sha
21st May 2008, 05:42 PM
even my hindi is poor..
but not listening to music because of language is stupidity :)

lancelot
21st May 2008, 08:00 PM
even my hindi is poor..
but not listening to music because of language is stupidity :)

all i know in hindi are movie names... even then i dont know what they mean... but am loving the songs.. :)

hehe

Ramakrishna
21st May 2008, 10:14 PM
subtitle pottu padam paakkra kaalam ithu. ippo enna language problem.

baba88
22nd May 2008, 01:08 AM
There is no need to dig up the history and try to explain how the songs composed by A.R.Rahman in a lot of movies have went on to become youth anthems and how the expectations about a film increase and also add pages to its publicity when the news break out loose that the Mozart of Asia is composing the music for the songs in it.

The unit of the new film 'Sakkarakatti' can be assured of peppy, spicy, groovy and addictive music to do service to the ears of the audience as Rahman's compositions have done several times before being a big support factor to the success of the movie.

Getting A.R.Rahman to use his skills in a film is a very difficult task given his busy schedule and if the music maestro selects a movie then definitely he must have found something fascinating in the story of the film.

So the Job of building an aura around the potential of 'Sakkarakatti' a movie targeted at the youth has already been half done.

And when Rahman goes for something, he makes it the best.

A Singer Veena Bharatwaj was flown specially from London to record a song in this new film.

Other singers are Naresh Iyer, now a Rahman regular, Madhu sree, and Benny among others.

The audio tracks of a perfect blend of classical and hip hop music boasts of a song titled "I Miss U Da" which has been given sounds and tones that has never been heard before in Indian Films.

The director of the film himself admitted to have got hooked up with a youthful and inspiring ambiance in A.R.Rahman's studio when the songs were recorded.

The director of this youth oriented and colourful movie Prabhu who also happens to be the son of the famous producer Kalaipuli.S.Dhanu has taken a bold step in directing a movie just with the film making Knowledge that he has gained from his father and not by being an assistant to other directors.

The boldness to take the plunge just on their self belief shown by certain young directors in Kollywood has certainly triggered off a trend among the younger lot of aspiring directors to follow their dreams with oozing self confidence.

Director Prabhu follows the marks left back by the success story of another filmmaker who also happens to have "Prabhu" in his name.

The first time lucky director of 'Chennai 600028', Venkat Prabhu is already wrapping up his second project after hitting the Jack pot in his first attempt itself, that too without any prior experience to back up.

A.R.R's music comes as bonus in the true sense for any soon to be released movie.

Same in the case of this film too, but still it has a heavy luggage of making careers of two.

Other than a new director the film also marks the entry of Santhanu, son of the acclaimed actor/director Bhagyaraj into the film world as the leading man.

The audio C.D of the film comprising of 6 tracks will hit the music stores on June.

The countdown has started as all the scenes except the video of a song have been canned.

Wait and watch to see how the new Prabhu has tried to hit the bull's eye with his directorial debut.

sat_srini
22nd May 2008, 03:55 AM
[tscii:2f3a39d411]Rahman's Sakkarakatti to be released in June
22 May 2008, 0028 hrs IST,TNN

AR Rahman. (TOI Photo)
AR Rahman is back with a brand new score. The musical genius, who has composed some fantastic tunes for Sakkarakatti, will release the audio in June.

The film has six songs which is a mix of classical and hip-hop numbers.The movie marks the debut of Bhagyaraj's son Santhanu and has been produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu. His son Prabhu is directing the movie.

The filmmakers have finished shooting the talkie portion of the movie and all that is left is one song. Rahman has come up with a catchy musical score. The song Taxi Taxi is sure to be a superhit.

Santhanu’s father previously launched his sister Sharanya amid much fanfare in the film Paarijatham, but the actress has not delivered a hit after that. Let’s hope that things turn out to be different for Santhanu at least.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Rahmans_Sakkarakatti_to_be_released_in_June_/articleshow/3060043.cms

[/tscii:2f3a39d411]

dinesh2002
22nd May 2008, 10:57 PM
cant wait for this now.... another BOYS in the making??? :D

SoftSword
23rd May 2008, 10:54 AM

i guess after confirming ARR for music, they have decided the title to be sakkarakatti....
apt is the word...

dinesh2002
23rd May 2008, 02:34 PM

i guess after confirming ARR for music, they have decided the title to be sakkarakatti....
apt is the word...

no doubt.... i like it when ARR teams up with New Dirs. He gives us a new flavour of music, like E20U18, Sillunu, Azhagiya Tamizh Magan and such... Cant wait !!!!!!!!!! :D

baba88
23rd May 2008, 03:43 PM
Finally the hype for Sakkarakatti has started.

mahen01
24th May 2008, 03:28 PM
Dinesh,

Mahen, in simple terms "Music itself beyond provincialism and that too ARR's music is beyond all -ism's" anubhavikkanum ippadiellam kaaranam solla koodadhu. naangayellam enna Hindi panditsa?

I can listen to any music other than hindi. Hindi speaking people think that Indian movies means Hindi movies Hindi songs.. no other language can compete with Hindi. I hate the fact even films or music dubbed from Tamil to hindi is considered as Hindi songs/ movies.

I just want Tamil songs done by arr. Dont listen to ARR's hindi songs or any hindi songs. Thank god there are heaps of good mds in Tamil field to give good music.

dinesh2002
24th May 2008, 03:49 PM
Dinesh,

Mahen, in simple terms "Music itself beyond provincialism and that too ARR's music is beyond all -ism's" anubhavikkanum ippadiellam kaaranam solla koodadhu. naangayellam enna Hindi panditsa?

I can listen to any music other than hindi. Hindi speaking people think that Indian movies means Hindi movies Hindi songs.. no other language can compete with Hindi. I hate the fact even films or music dubbed from Tamil to hindi is considered as Hindi songs/ movies.

I just want Tamil songs done by arr. Dont listen to ARR's hindi songs or any hindi songs. Thank god there are heaps of good mds in Tamil field to give good music.

:? i didint said that..... it was Scale.... :lol:

hmmm....but ur answer is new... who cares about the Hindi people man, i listen it for A.R.Rahman........ and the good tamil mds u mentioned CANT compose even 1/4 of wut ARR has composed in Hindi if u must know..... :wink:

Devar Magan
24th May 2008, 04:56 PM
like this, ARR develops the stature of Hindi among Tamils. Hindi, the language is lucky..

dinesh2002
24th May 2008, 05:07 PM
like this, ARR develops the stature of Hindi among Tamils. Hindi, the language is lucky..

it should be.... A.R.Rahman is composing music for it man!! :lol:

Dragun
24th May 2008, 06:38 PM

Music is universal, man. Don't bring that kind of politics into it.

MADDY
25th May 2008, 01:17 PM

where did u and other "thamizh kaavalargal" go when hindi people bought tamil cassettes and hummed in tamil just bcos of ARR??? have u guys ever appreciated it??? ARR aatriyadhu tamil thondu, avara neenga thundu-nnu dhaane nakkal panneenga.....vandhutaanga ippa :evil:

rayan36
25th May 2008, 05:33 PM

where did u and other "thamizh kaavalargal" go when hindi people bought tamil cassettes and hummed in tamil just bcos of ARR??? have u guys ever appreciated it??? ARR aatriyadhu tamil thondu, avara neenga thundu-nnu dhaane nakkal panneenga.....vandhutaanga ippa :evil:

can i know for which album??

baba88
27th May 2008, 06:51 PM
Is it true that A.R.Rahman has reused his hindi songs in Sakkarakatti ?

thineshan54321
28th May 2008, 12:05 AM
Is it true that A.R.Rahman has reused his hindi songs in Sakkarakatti ?

impossible... he would never do that...

kham
30th May 2008, 09:20 AM
Guys,

Sakkarakatti songs have been leaked in Sri Lanka n its bein playing in Sooriyan FM n some other channels... Managed to get a glimpse of a song yesterday morning... Were peppy no...

Probabaly will be relasing soon then...

Lancelot - Did u manage to listen???

SoftSword
30th May 2008, 09:44 AM
Guys,

Sakkarakatti songs have been leaked in Sri Lanka n its bein playing in Sooriyan FM n some other channels... Managed to get a glimpse of a song yesterday morning... Were peppy no...

WHAT???
how the fcuk?? :evil:

dinesh2002
30th May 2008, 10:01 AM
Guys,

What ??? When??? How?? :shock:

how was the songs???

mahen01
30th May 2008, 10:41 AM
MADDY
where did u and other "thamizh kaavalargal" go when hindi people bought tamil cassettes and hummed in tamil just bcos of ARR??? have u guys ever appreciated it???

Mota thalikum mulang kalukum mudichu podureenga maddy.
1st of all All the Tamil People did appriciate arr from his first movie Roja and (still appriciating). If not Roja would'nt ve been a huge hit. When did hindi people bought Tamil casset and hum it in TAMIL? Arr already gave the songs in hindi lyrics. And now its hindi songs. not tamil. so why do they hum in Tamil? Even minsara kanavu songs are considered as hindi songs by hindi speaking people.

Doesnt matter about the quality ARR gives to hindi music. We just expect quality songs in Tamil. Support Tamil mds who gives u quality songs in Tamil. Doesnt matter whether they can compete with ARR's hindi songs or not. If not you will only keep humming Hindi songs for the rest of ur life.

SoftSword
30th May 2008, 10:54 AM
MADDY
where did u and other "thamizh kaavalargal" go when hindi people bought tamil cassettes and hummed in tamil just bcos of ARR??? have u guys ever appreciated it???

Mota thalikum mulang kalukum mudichu podureenga maddy.
1st of all All the Tamil People did appriciate arr from his first movie Roja and (still appriciating). If not Roja would'nt ve been a huge hit. When did hindi people bought Tamil casset and hum it in TAMIL? Arr already gave the songs in hindi lyrics. And now its hindi songs. not tamil. so why do they hum in Tamil? Even minsara kanavu songs are considered as hindi songs by hindi speaking people.

Doesnt matter about the quality ARR gives to hindi music. We just expect quality songs in Tamil. Support Tamil mds who gives u quality songs in Tamil. Doesnt matter whether they can compete with ARR's hindi songs or not. If not you will only keep humming Hindi songs for the rest of ur life.

mahen... there are people...
one of my colleague who is a north indian settled in bangalore has a library of all arr songs...
u know i have borrowed the ATM cd from him and yet to return ;)
BTW he says he started buying tamil songs since "may madham"...

and moreover... after getting to know that the NI are all interested in ARRs tamil tunes, they have started dubbing them in hindi... and he started got direct hindi offers... maybe now the hindi guys have their own arr albums to listen to....

u know, may madham and a few albums were dubbed in hindi after almost 5 yrs of its release in tamil...

kham
30th May 2008, 10:59 AM
Guys,

how was the songs???

Well yesterday morning my friend called n asked me to tune the channel n managed to listen to the last part of the song & another song after that.

Songs r youthful no's it seems (Through word of mouth)

Well these guys somehow the other get it early to create a competitive edge with other radio stations...

God knows from whr... Eitherwway lucky to listen to the songs... :)

lancelot
30th May 2008, 11:32 AM
Guys,

how was the songs???

Well yesterday morning my friend called n asked me to tune the channel n managed to listen to the last part of the song & another song after that.

Well these guys somehow the other get it early to create a competitive edge with other radio stations...

i dont listen to sooriyan FM or Shakthi FM, as a matter of fact i dont listen to any of the tamil radio stions in SL. coz i cant stand listening to the kooththu crap.. anywayz... since they are playing Sakkarakatti..

i will listen today.. its 103.2FM or 97.0FM if you guys are interested. an listen between 16:00 - 20:00 SL time, thats when they shoudl play it

ill let you guys know if i do listen

hehe

kham
30th May 2008, 12:39 PM
Guys,

how was the songs???

i dont listen to sooriyan FM or Shakthi FM, as a matter of fact i dont listen to any of the tamil radio stions in SL. coz i cant stand listening to the kooththu crap.. anywayz... since they are playing Sakkarakatti..

i will listen today.. its 103.2FM or 97.0FM if you guys are interested. an listen between 16:00 - 20:00 SL time, thats when they shoudl play it

ill let you guys know if i do listen

hehe

100% true... Just when ARR tamil movies get relaesed can listen to them in order t have a first glimpse... :)

MADDY
30th May 2008, 12:42 PM

sorry for the late reply man, i have seen many guys in mumbai having thiruda thiruda and roja tamil cassettes in their house.............

btw, is that news 100% true kham, i mean, how r u sure radio station is not bluffing :)

baba88
31st May 2008, 07:00 PM
So is Sakkarakatti released ?

mahen01
2nd June 2008, 01:51 PM
I heard the so called sakkarakatti song "Good mornng Tamil Nade" It does sounds like ARR song. But if that is sakkarakatti song.. i am so dissappointed. and its not worth the hype and wait.

sha
2nd June 2008, 07:04 PM
is it this one ?

http://www.tamilmusica.com/index.php?p=2008%2FSakkarakatti

SoftSword
2nd June 2008, 08:35 PM
is it this one ?

http://www.tamilmusica.com/index.php?p=2008%2FSakkarakatti

this is not ARR's.

rayan36
2nd June 2008, 10:03 PM

sorry for the late reply man, i have seen many guys in mumbai having thiruda thiruda and roja tamil cassettes in their house.............

The reason I asked is that, yeah most of my friends too feel that Rahman being to Hindish & they CLAIM in anger that ARR only gives his best to hindi movies, now ADA & JTYJN released,they got really mad cause they said it was better than ATM :roll:

I just hope Sakkarakatti & COM clicks

thineshan54321
3rd June 2008, 12:27 AM
for those that think this is by ARR, i am very dissapointed! all these years of drenching ur ears to His music should have made them instantantly tell when its not bby ARR.

Dragun
3rd June 2008, 03:32 AM
The reason I asked is that, yeah most of my friends too feel that Rahman being to Hindish & they CLAIM in anger that ARR only gives his best to hindi movies, now ADA & JTYJN released,they got really mad cause they said it was better than ATM :roll:

I think that simply shows what kind of films Tamil filmmakers are offering ARR vs. Hindi filmmakers. In Tamil he gets some dumb Vijay film and in Hindi he gets a youthful kind of film by an up-and-coming filmmaker.

thineshan54321
3rd June 2008, 05:05 AM
after thinking about it for a long time, it finally appeared to me. the new sound that arr was referring to is i think the continuum fingerboard! this will be the first time neone has ever used this in india (even abroad, not many ppl have used this instrument). keeping my fingers crossed

mahen01
3rd June 2008, 06:56 AM
I agree with rayan36. I too feel ARR giving his best to hindi films. Also he is giving preference to hindi films.

dinesh2002
3rd June 2008, 07:51 AM
Lol, its funny to compare ATM with Ada and JTYJN.... infact i feel JTYJN has too many resembles from outside Rahman songs which im not comfortable at all... Ada on the other hand was composed in 2002, it sounds very Kadhal Virus kinda album.... well, these same Tamilans didint appreciate Kadhal Virus then, and now they praising ADA...... who r to blame here now???

Besides , i feel ARR saves his 'new' style for Tamil industry, check out since Boys up to ATM, did all the albums sounds the same?? No...each had EACH ONE STYLE. Where else in Hindi he gives his same 90s touch, be it Mangal, Kisna, Ada, Jodha, and wut so eva.....

Now u guys tell me.... touch ur heart and tell me.... Which album did had different STAMP in each song???? Tamil or Hindi?????

mahen01
3rd June 2008, 08:27 AM
I dont hear hindi so I cant say which is better. But quantity vise ARR gives more hindi albums than tamil. probably 2 hindi albums to 1 tamil album.

Dragun
3rd June 2008, 11:04 AM
Dinesh, what about Parasuram, Udaya, Varalaru, and New/Naani? Nothing too amazing there, save for one or two tracks on each. I do agree that ARR has done too many period films in Hindi and forgot to have some fun, but other than Mani Ratnam and Shankar, who is making films to inspire ARR in Tamil?

Hopefully Sakarakatti and Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkalam will be good and popular. SOK had good songs but the movie flopped.

SoftSword
3rd June 2008, 11:21 AM

I think that simply shows what kind of films Tamil filmmakers are offering ARR vs. Hindi filmmakers. In Tamil he gets some dumb Vijay film and in Hindi he gets a youthful kind of film by an up-and-coming filmmaker.

chilll guys...
maybe ARR is churning out more albums in hindi than tamil...
but the best are always reserved to tamil...

for ur info:
do you have these kinda unique songs in hindi...

1. new york nagaram
2. munbe vaa
3. adhiradikkaaran
4. style
5. valayappatti
6. madhuraikku

rahman has not only reserved these kinda songs... but also certain instruments which he used for these songs, he did not even care to touch while doing hindi music...

july
3rd June 2008, 03:33 PM
Guys i got this song from one site,
claiming this is from sakkarakatti.
http://rapidshare.com/files/119747173/Good_Morning_Tamilnade.mp3.html
can anyone confirm.

SoftSword
3rd June 2008, 03:55 PM
no its not...
cos the arrangements look incomplete...

thineshan54321
3rd June 2008, 04:41 PM
^ not just arrangement. even the tune is very very amateurish! def not arr.

rayan36
3rd June 2008, 11:09 PM
Dinesh, what about Parasuram, Udaya, Varalaru, and New/Naani? Nothing too amazing there, save for one or two tracks on each. I do agree that ARR has done too many period films in Hindi and forgot to have some fun, but other than Mani Ratnam and Shankar, who is making films to inspire ARR in Tamil?

Hopefully Sakarakatti and Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkalam will be good and popular. SOK had good songs but the movie flopped.

No matter what you or my friends think, but I luv all of the albums mentioned above, maybe from these I'll minus a couple of tracks but overall I love it. You know what I'm doing? usually I'll play the so-called unpopular albums deliberately whenever I'm with my friends, so that they'll notice, :D , sometimes it works,indirect marketing.

And dude I can't believe GF is in your list, why dude why...

dinesh2002
4th June 2008, 12:35 AM

Hmmm...Dragun, i personally loved Udhaya alloot.... its one of ARR's good album if u ask me, it just dropped becoz of the bad timing and stale movie...... i dun find any songs in Udhaya average.... every song was 5/5.... Ajanam....wut a number...and wut a waste!! :)

Sakarakatti im not too sure..... but i have 100% confident COM will do amazing stuffs for ARR again in Tamil..... I like Gautham's sense of music... very ARRish.... :).....

Ramakrishna
4th June 2008, 12:46 AM

Hmmm...Dragun, i personally loved Udhaya alloot.... its one of ARR's good album if u ask me, it just dropped becoz of the bad timing and stale movie...... i dun find any songs in Udhaya average.... every song was 5/5.... Ajanam....wut a number...and wut a waste!! :)

Exactly. I still listen to Udaya. My fav is Pookkum malargal

thineshan54321
4th June 2008, 02:28 AM

Sakarakatti im not too sure..... but i have 100% confident COM will do amazing stuffs for ARR again in Tamil..... I like Gautham's sense of music... very ARRish.... :).....

my instincts tell me that sakarakaatti will be fresh, youthful, and young just like boys was.

Dragun
4th June 2008, 04:50 AM
I tried to listen to Udaya again not too long ago to see if I had changed my mind but I didn't care for it. However, I feel that ARR has been coming out of a slump in the past few years.

A.ANAND
4th June 2008, 05:44 AM
gautham arr-roda COM-la music pannuvathu patti perusa naama arpattam panna thevai illai-innu nenakiren.because intha oru movie[COM]mattum than gautham rahman music panna,ithula santhosa pada enna irukku!

thineshan54321
4th June 2008, 06:29 AM
gautham arr-roda COM-la music pannuvathu patti perusa naama arpattam panna thevai illai-innu nenakiren.because intha oru movie[COM]mattum than gautham rahman music panna,ithula santhosa pada enna irukku!

imagine if this becomes a mind blowing hit. then we will see them coming together again and maybe again and again... :)

dinesh2002
4th June 2008, 06:59 AM

imagine if this becomes a mind blowing hit. then we will see them coming together again and maybe again and again... :)

Thinesh, i really doubt that will happen.... that Gautham will continue with ARRahman.... but it is a happy moment when u come to think of it that the fact Gautham is working with A.R.Rahman once!! We wanted ARR to work with current crop isnt it? esp these Selva, Bala, Gautham, Ameer and wut not.....when it happens we get these kinda answers.... i dunno wut to say.... i mean, u dun expect the dirs that ARR is going to work with SHOULD continue doing projects with him isnt it?? that is pure selfish.... Leave Shankar alone, he started his career with ARRahman, its ARR's director! :) .... even Mani was a second hand product.... [in a good way ofcource :lol: ] for ARR, as Mani used to use IR only before he intro ARR into the field....say about 10 films with IR??

Lets just see how Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam turn out to be.... the audio ofcource, im quite sure the audio will be a blast! ..... as i said, Gautham's musical sense is very ARRish.... :wink:

thineshan54321
4th June 2008, 07:20 AM

Thinesh, i really doubt that will happen.... that Gautham will continue with ARRahman.... but it is a happy moment when u come to think of it that the fact Gautham is working with A.R.Rahman once!! We wanted ARR to work with current crop isnt it? esp these Selva, Bala, Gautham, Ameer and wut not.....when it happens we get these kinda answers.... i dunno wut to say.... i mean, u dun expect the dirs that ARR is going to work with SHOULD continue doing projects with him isnt it?? that is pure selfish.... Leave Shankar alone, he started his career with ARRahman, its ARR's director! :) .... even Mani was a second hand product.... [in a good way ofcource :lol: ] for ARR, as Mani used to use IR only before he intro ARR into the field....say about 10 films with IR??

Lets just see how Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam turn out to be.... the audio ofcource, im quite sure the audio will be a blast! ..... as i said, Gautham's musical sense is very ARRish.... :wink:

oh no i wasnt being selfish... its just that why should a really talented director like gautham not continue to work with ARR if he really likes to do that?

dinesh2002
4th June 2008, 09:26 AM

oh no i wasnt being selfish... its just that why should a really talented director like gautham not continue to work with ARR if he really likes to do that?

thinesh, chill... only the 1st 3 lines were answering u.... 8-)

A.ANAND
4th June 2008, 10:09 AM
ennakku ennamo COM success analum gautham rahman kitta povaru-innu nambikai illa.his next film with ajit, harris is md.[but politik mathiri cinema-la ethuvum nadakalam]

thineshan54321
4th June 2008, 10:17 PM

hey wasnt getting mad or nething hehe... i know you would want gautham to work with arr just as much as i do. :) on a different note, do you guys think bombay jeyashree will be singing for ARRs tune? its always (well most of the time) in gauthams movie that she lends her voice. i would LOVE to hear bombay jeyashree singing a beautiful carnatic peppy song for ARR.

Movies
5th June 2008, 07:25 AM

hey wasnt getting mad or nething hehe... i know you would want gautham to work with arr just as much as i do. :) on a different note, do you guys think bombay jeyashree will be singing for ARRs tune? its always (well most of the time) in gauthams movie that she lends her voice. i would LOVE to hear bombay jeyashree singing a beautiful carnatic peppy song for ARR.

Bombay Jaysree was introduced by to Tamil FIlm world by ARR. She had sung Narmugye with Unni Krishnan in IRUVAR. Incidentally this has been the only song she sounds good in!!!!!

littlemaster1982
5th June 2008, 07:52 AM
Bombay Jaysree was introduced by to Tamil FIlm world by ARR. She had sung Narmugye with Unni Krishnan in IRUVAR. Incidentally this has been the only song she sounds good in!!!!!

She was introduced by IR in Vietnam Colony.

A.ANAND
5th June 2008, 08:19 AM
ippa rahman-oda 1 movie tamil-la panna ,piragu hindi-la panna romba easy-ya irukkum innu gm nenachi irukklam!

thineshan54321
5th June 2008, 06:26 PM

oh ya i know... i just want ARR to use her again. she is got a beautiful voice and her singing talents are (i dont even have the capacity to say it).

A.ANAND
6th June 2008, 12:51 PM
she is veryyyyyyyy ego person!

dinesh2002
6th June 2008, 06:09 PM

yes.... she has a very bad character...i remember she kinda insulted Vaseegara song being nothing special in .... i mean.. .come on...thats the song brought u to limelight....wut about being thankful for it isnt it..... i never liked her since then.....

thineshan54321
6th June 2008, 07:16 PM

yes.... she has a very bad character...i remember she kinda insulted Vaseegara song being nothing special in .... i mean.. .come on...thats the song brought u to limelight....wut about being thankful for it isnt it..... i never liked her since then.....

after devoting her life to carnatic music and being so affected by it, a movie song is not that special... I mean the sophistication and complexity and beauty of a carnatic song cannot be matched by vaseegara whether it brought her to limelight or not. on the other hand, narumugayae was on par with a carnatic song and she did a totally amazing job and i think she was glad to have sung it.

dinesh2002
6th June 2008, 08:36 PM

after devoting her life to carnatic music and being so affected by it, a movie song is not that special... I mean the sophistication and complexity and beauty of a carnatic song cannot be matched by vaseegara whether it brought her to limelight or not. on the other hand, narumugayae was on par with a carnatic song and she did a totally amazing job and i think she was glad to have sung it.

i still think its not appropriate to say things like that... just becoz u got knowledge in carnatic doesnt gives u the rights to comment harshly on some songs, esp the song that made u whom u r ... ohh well, its CINEMA world after all.....

I think B.J has sung this other number just as good.... " Theenda Theenda" from Thulluvadho Illamai.... she has a separate number for her, a Solo number... thats a mindblowing number too.... i liked her allot in that song, other than Narumugayee ....

thineshan54321
7th June 2008, 07:35 AM

i still think its not appropriate to say things like that... just becoz u got knowledge in carnatic doesnt gives u the rights to comment harshly on some songs, esp the song that made u whom u r ... ohh well, its CINEMA world after all.....

I think B.J has sung this other number just as good.... " Theenda Theenda" from Thulluvadho Illamai.... she has a separate number for her, a Solo number... thats a mindblowing number too.... i liked her allot in that song, other than Narumugayee ....

i completely agree with u. but some carnatic musicians are like that. it is very hard to please them with music other than carnatic because they are drenched from head to toe with that stuff (not that it is a bad, thing, but ya u r right, they should be open-minded and appreciate things that are good).

Guess_Me
7th June 2008, 07:01 PM
[tscii:dedb7cbf42]Extreme graphics in 'Sakkarakatti'
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/39170.html

Santhanu, the son of master screenwriter and director K. Bhagyaraj is starring in a film titled ‘Sakkarakatti’. Another famous son Prabhu (son of producer Kalaipuli Dhanu) debuts as director with this film.

The movie has extensive Computer Generated Imagery for the song sequences. A. R. Rahman has composed the songs. A song titled Chinnamma has been with graphic designers and animators for the past 13 months. Such is the magnitude of the CGI part of the song that is being planned with detailed storyboarding and precision.

Another song titled 'I miss you da….' also has tremendous graphics portions and graphic designers are working on it for 7 months and are still at it.

This kind of planning and execution is creating a lot of expectations for the film.

Certain illegal music portals have been carrying a song called 'Good Morning Tamilnadu' and claim it is from the movie ‘Sakkaraikatti’. However, the filmmakers have told Indiaglitz exclusively that this is not true and are denying it vehemently. :2thumbsup: [/tscii:dedb7cbf42]

thineshan54321
7th June 2008, 07:10 PM
[tscii:5092094fa7]Extreme graphics in 'Sakkarakatti'

Santhanu, the son of master screenwriter and director K. Bhagyaraj is starring in a film titled ‘Sakkarakatti’. Another famous son Prabhu (son of producer Kalaipuli Dhanu) debuts as director with this film.

The movie has extensive Computer Generated Imagery for the song sequences. A. R. Rahman has composed the songs. A song titled Chinnamma has been with graphic designers and animators for the past 13 months. Such is the magnitude of the CGI part of the song that is being planned with detailed storyboarding and precision.

Another song titled 'I miss you da….' also has tremendous graphics portions and graphic designers are working on it for 7 months and are still at it.

This kind of planning and execution is creating a lot of expectations for the film.

Certain illegal music portals have been carrying a song called 'Good Morning Tamilnadu' and claim it is from the movie ‘Sakkaraikatti’. However, the filmmakers have told Indiaglitz exclusively that this is not true and are denying it vehemently. :2thumbsup: [/tscii:5092094fa7]

now go read my above posts. i think i even said that i will give up listening to ARRs music, if this was true since i certainly knew it wasnt by ARR. and the CGI work done looks like it is professional not like amateur mayilirage :lol: or even sonaalum ketpathillai. this director will reach sky high and we can certainly see him acting with ARR again. now when is the audio going to be out?

dinesh2002
7th June 2008, 07:50 PM
[tscii:075bef4f97]Extreme graphics in 'Sakkarakatti'

Certain illegal music portals have been carrying a song called 'Good Morning Tamilnadu' and claim it is from the movie ‘Sakkaraikatti’. However, the filmmakers have told Indiaglitz exclusively that this is not true and are denying it vehemently. :2thumbsup: [/tscii:075bef4f97]

Didint some1 from ARRYG said that a song from 'Meenakshi' was re-used in Sakarakatti ???.... could it be the same tittle track from it?? " Chinnama Chilakkama" ??? :?

Hope it is not........ Any idea when the audio is slated to release??

thineshan54321
7th June 2008, 07:57 PM
[tscii:906acc4c96]Extreme graphics in 'Sakkarakatti'

Certain illegal music portals have been carrying a song called 'Good Morning Tamilnadu' and claim it is from the movie ‘Sakkaraikatti’. However, the filmmakers have told Indiaglitz exclusively that this is not true and are denying it vehemently. :2thumbsup: [/tscii:906acc4c96]

Didint some1 from ARRYG said that a song from 'Meenakshi' was re-used in Sakarakatti ???.... could it be the same tittle track from it?? " Chinnama Chilakkama" ??? :?

again, i am sure ARR didnt reuse. its the same title but we have seen same titles before that had tunes that were poles apart. Roja Janeman vs. Roja Roja...

dinesh2002
7th June 2008, 08:44 PM
[tscii:bb4b69434c]Extreme graphics in 'Sakkarakatti'

Certain illegal music portals have been carrying a song called 'Good Morning Tamilnadu' and claim it is from the movie ‘Sakkaraikatti’. However, the filmmakers have told Indiaglitz exclusively that this is not true and are denying it vehemently. :2thumbsup: [/tscii:bb4b69434c]

again, i am sure ARR didnt reuse. its the same title but we have seen same titles before that had tunes that were poles apart. Roja Janeman vs. Roja Roja...

true... :D i just got abit dizzy reading the 'reusing' thing again after such a horrible experience in 2001 with Star and Alli Arjuna.....

still no news on the release date of the audio huh.... couldnt bare to listen to any latest Tamil songs..... so dull and stale....

thineshan54321
7th June 2008, 08:46 PM
[tscii:ac8827c866]Extreme graphics in 'Sakkarakatti'

Certain illegal music portals have been carrying a song called 'Good Morning Tamilnadu' and claim it is from the movie ‘Sakkaraikatti’. However, the filmmakers have told Indiaglitz exclusively that this is not true and are denying it vehemently. :2thumbsup: [/tscii:ac8827c866]

true... :D i just got abit dizzy reading the 'reusing' thing again after such a horrible experience in 2001 with Star and Alli Arjuna.....

still no news on the release date of the audio huh.... couldnt bare to listen to any latest Tamil songs..... so dull and stale....

ya lol... arr will never let star and alliarjuna happen again.. those were nightmares even tho the songs were top class, it didnt sound good simply because we were used to hindi.

Guess_Me
7th June 2008, 09:09 PM

There were similar rumours with Godfather and even Sivaji (Khalbali -> Vaaji Vaaji) too. The re-usages that happened so far have been mostly due to request from the directors themselves. So far reports on Kala Prabhu are showing lots of promise. I don't think he will settle with a re-usage for his much hyped debut.

thineshan54321
7th June 2008, 09:15 PM

There were similar rumours with Godfather and even Sivaji (Khalbali -> Vaaji Vaaji) too. The re-usages that happened so far have been mostly due to request from the directors themselves. So far reports on Kala Prabhu are showing lots of promise. I don't think he will settle with a re-usage for his much hyped debut.

my expectations r reaching that of a shankar or a mani ratnam movie for sakarakatti. something tells me this is gonna break spells!

Ramakrishna
7th June 2008, 09:42 PM
Don't expect too much :D

thineshan54321
7th June 2008, 10:16 PM
Don't expect too much :D

ya u r right. :)

baba88
7th June 2008, 10:37 PM
Even Style took only 12 months for CG work.

rayan36
8th June 2008, 10:01 AM
Gawd, please get it over with it. You're right Dinesh, all the songs in Tamil now are so lame. yuck

thineshan54321
8th June 2008, 11:26 AM
Even Style took only 12 months for CG work.

but CGI work is much more time and brain consuming if they are aiming for a good job, which i think they are.

jangofett
8th June 2008, 07:16 PM
A song is available:
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.9769

Ramakrishna
8th June 2008, 07:36 PM
Thats not from Sakkarakatti

prasana84
12th June 2008, 09:34 PM
So when is the audio release?

baba88
15th June 2008, 01:05 AM
IT'S OFFICIAL !!!

SAKKARAKATTI AUDIO RELEASE: 11 July 2008

littlemaster1982
15th June 2008, 01:40 AM
Where did you get this news :shock:

thineshan54321
15th June 2008, 03:55 AM

this is the thing with baba lol. he tells us an amazing news but doesnt reveal the sources.

this is from indian express... (courtesy yfg)

littlemaster1982
15th June 2008, 05:35 AM

this is the thing with baba lol. he tells us an amazing news but doesnt reveal the sources.

this is from indian express... (courtesy yfg)

:ty: Thineshan. It's gonna be a b'day gift for me from ARR :victory: :redjump:

rayan36
15th June 2008, 09:30 AM
A month away hmmm :roll:

muzammil_fr
16th June 2008, 03:48 AM
we have 18 tracks in our heads, so one month not so long time, hmm anyway we have a officiel date :)

A.ANAND
16th June 2008, 07:18 AM
AR Rahman's next Tamil project after Azhagiya Tamil Magan, Sakarakatti, will reach the stands, finally, on July 11.

Directed by Prabhu, the son of Kalaipuli Dhanu, Sakarakatti will launch Backiaraj's son Shantanu as a hero. The movie has six songs and the music rights have been bagged by Sony BMG. One of the songs in the movie I love you Da, shows how New York would look 500 years from now. Shantanu and Vedhika will fea ture in this song with 10 French models. The song is being shot at an estimated cost of $ 5,00,000.

http://epaper. newindpress. com/

A.ANAND
16th June 2008, 07:45 AM
இஷிதா-வேதிகா-சாந்தனு.. பாட்டு

மேலும் புதிய படங்கள்இயக்குநர் கே.பாக்யராஜின் மகன் சாந்தனு ஹீரோவாக அறிமுகமாகும் சக்கரக்கட்டி படத்தின் ஆடியோ ஜூலை 11ம் தேதி வெளியிடப்படுகிறது.

இயக்குநர் கே.பாக்யராஜின் மகள் சரண்யா ஏற்கனவே நடிகையாகி விட்டார். இந்த நிலையில் அவரது மகன் சாந்தனுவும் ஹீரோவாகியுள்ளார். அவர் முதன் முறையாக நாயகனாக நடித்துள்ள சக்கரக்கட்டி படத்தின் பாடல் ஜூலை 11ம் தேதி வெளியிடப்படுகிறது.

தயாரிப்பாளர் கலைப்புலி தாணுவின் புதல்வர் கலாபிரபு இப்படத்தை இயக்கியுள்ளார். கலாபிரபுவுக்கும் இது முதல் படம். படத்திற்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்துள்ளார். மொத்தம் 6 பாடல்கள் படத்தில் இடம் பெறுகின்றன.

சோனி பிஎம்ஜி இப்படத்தின் பாடல் உரிமையை வாங்கியுள்ளது. இப்படத்தில் இடம் பெற்றுள்ள ஐ லவ்யூ டா பாட்டுக்காக பெருமளவில் செலவிட்டுள்ளனராம். இப்பாடலில் நியூயார்க் நகரம் 500 ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு எப்படி இருக்கும் என்பதை கற்பனையாக காட்டியுள்ளாராம் கலா பிரபு.

ஏற்கனவே படம் சிறப்பாக வந்திருப்பதாக பாக்யராஜ் பாராட்டியுள்ளார். பாடல்களிலும் ரஹ்மான் ரகளை செய்திருப்பார் என நம்பலாம்.
www.thatstamil.com

MADDY
16th June 2008, 09:33 AM
wow, so july 11th is confirmed as of now :D .....but i'm apprehensive since they didnt mention the year......i presume its 2008 :)

SoftSword
16th June 2008, 11:13 AM
July maadham vandhaal...
paattu paadum manasu....

prasana84
16th June 2008, 08:10 PM
Good news for A.R. Rahman's fans
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
June 16, 2008

Great news for A.R. Rahman's fans! While the maestro is gearing up for the audio release of his next venture Chakkara Katti, which is slated for release on July 11th, good news for the film's unit comes in the form of Sony BMG. For, the audio major has lapped up the audio rights of Chakkara Katti. The film will be the launch pad of Shantanu, son of actor-director Bhagyaraj. Incidentally, Chakara Katti is directed by Kala Prabhu, son of legendary producer Kalai Puli Thanu.

prasana84
16th June 2008, 08:16 PM
'Sakkarakatti' audio release on July 11
IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 16, 2008]

The much awaited audio release of the movie 'Sakkarakatti' with music by one of India's finest talents A. R. Rahman is slated to take place on the 11th of July.

The Tamil film industry is abuzz with excitement with the fact that extensive graphics are being created for the movie's song sequences, which is literally running close to a year.

Reports also suggest that a crore of rupees have been spent for picturizing just one song. The intensity and effectiveness of the songs composed by A. R. Rahman is said to be the reason behind the filmmakers' going through such an effort.

Another interesting piece of information is that A. R. Rahman has hummed for a song titled 'Maruthanni' which has been rendered by Madhushree. It can be recalled that all the songs that have the musician's humming have gone on to be huge chart toppers like 'Chinna Chinna Aasai' in 'Roja' and 'Sanda Kozhi' in 'Aayutha Ezhuthu'.

'Sakkarakatti' has Santhanu, son of writer, director, actor K. Bhagyaraj as hero and yet another film personality's (Kalaipuli Dhanu) son Kalaprabhu as the director.

Ishita and Vedhika play the leading ladies and the film is produced by Kalaipuli Dhanu.

thineshan54321
17th June 2008, 02:32 AM

The much awaited audio release of the movie 'Sakkarakatti' with music by one of India's finest talents A. R. Rahman is slated to take place on the 11th of July.

The Tamil film industry is abuzz with excitement with the fact that extensive graphics are being created for the movie's song sequences, which is literally running close to a year.

Reports also suggest that a crore of rupees have been spent for picturizing just one song. The intensity and effectiveness of the songs composed by A. R. Rahman is said to be the reason behind the filmmakers' going through such an effort.

Another interesting piece of information is that A. R. Rahman has hummed for a song titled 'Maruthanni' which has been rendered by Madhushree. It can be recalled that all the songs that have the musician's humming have gone on to be huge chart toppers like 'Chinna Chinna Aasai' in 'Roja' and 'Sanda Kozhi' in 'Aayutha Ezhuthu'.

'Sakkarakatti' has Santhanu, son of writer, director, actor K. Bhagyaraj as hero and yet another film personality's (Kalaipuli Dhanu) son Kalaprabhu as the director.

Ishita and Vedhika play the leading ladies and the film is produced by Kalaipuli Dhanu.

again mark my words guys, this is gonna be big! real big! hang on tight!

Yathu
17th June 2008, 02:34 PM

:yes: I have a REALLLLY good feeling about this movie too! It should be out by the time I go on holiday to India so I can watch it there! :D

dinesh2002
17th June 2008, 02:57 PM

YESSSSSSSSS.... cant wait for " Maruthanni " number :D :D :D :D :D .... its gonna be sooooparrr!!!!! 8-)

thineshan54321
17th June 2008, 04:23 PM

YESSSSSSSSS.... cant wait for " Maruthanni " number :D :D :D :D :D .... its gonna be sooooparrr!!!!! 8-)

ada paavi dinesh... madushree peyar vantha pothumae. enakku ipalaam santhegama irukku. neenga arr fana ilathu madushree fanandu! :lol: but all kidding aside, i cant wait for that number too, hopefully its a munbe vaa

rayan36
17th June 2008, 07:02 PM
AAHA... :D Ippo Tamilla ennaku pudicha varthai - Maruthani

dinesh2002
17th June 2008, 07:48 PM

ada paavi dinesh... madushree peyar vantha pothumae. enakku ipalaam santhegama irukku. neenga arr fana ilathu madushree fanandu! :lol: but all kidding aside, i cant wait for that number too, hopefully its a munbe vaa

hahahahahha.... konjum Madhushree pakkam naan sanjethen.... :lol: j.k...... :D im def a fan of both :D fav MD and fav Singer ...
:wink: u know, i dun think it will become another munbe va, becoz i think its a solo number by Madhushree, and humming was done by ARR.... something like Sandai Kozhi - AE and not a duet number like munbe va. :)

Rayan, nakkala..... :lol: :D

thineshan54321
17th June 2008, 10:11 PM

hahahahahha.... konjum Madhushree pakkam naan sanjethen.... :lol: j.k...... :D im def a fan of both :D fav MD and fav Singer ...
:wink: u know, i dun think it will become another munbe va, becoz i think its a solo number by Madhushree, and humming was done by ARR.... something like Sandai Kozhi - AE and not a duet number like munbe va. :)

Rayan, nakkala..... :lol: :D

remember it can be like snehidane. dont foget that and instant of the netrru mun iravil chant by the male choir, we might get something from arr? I JUST CANT WAIT!!! i wasnt this excited for both ada and jtyjn and ja combined!

baba88
17th June 2008, 10:30 PM
It's going to be a big clash of audio releases this summer.

Saroja, Sathyam, Vaaranam Aayiram, Kuselan vs. Sakkarakatti.

lancelot
17th June 2008, 11:13 PM

who are the MDs if these movies? other than sakkarakatti, which i already know.. hehe..

hehe

Ramakrishna
17th June 2008, 11:15 PM

who are the MDs if these movies? other than sakkarakatti, which i already know.. hehe..

hehe

Saroja - Yuvan
Sathyam - Harris
VA - Harris
Kuselan - GVP

A.ANAND
18th June 2008, 05:56 AM
sakarakatti-expetation-na ethukkum konjam korachi kollvathu nallathu,appram songs ellam ivalothana- innu polambama irutha sari!

thineshan54321
18th June 2008, 06:40 AM
sakarakatti-expetation-na ethukkum konjam korachi kollvathu nallathu,appram songs ellam ivalothana- innu polambama irutha sari!

its just one of those things u cant control... i am trying to reduce exp tho... its just that everything from the title to the subject, is so sweet. and its these kinda movies where ARR delivers, delivers BIG! jeans, roja, sok, kkkk, ap. all sweet romantic films.

sat_srini
18th June 2008, 08:09 AM
The latest edition of the Score Magazine has some info about the music of Sakkarakatti.

Check it out (page 8) -

http://www.bluetoad.com/take_emailtoview.php?magazineid=1389&issue=4568&taken=1

A.ANAND
18th June 2008, 09:16 AM
The latest edition of the Score Magazine has some info about the music of Sakkarakatti.

Check it out (page 8) -

:ty: :ty: :ty:

SoftSword
18th June 2008, 10:13 AM
dinesh machi...
enakku ennamo nee pora route sarinu padala... edhukkum konjam safea irundhukko... pinnala prachinai varaadhu....

dinesh2002
18th June 2008, 02:24 PM
dinesh machi...
enakku ennamo nee pora route sarinu padala... edhukkum konjam safea irundhukko... pinnala prachinai varaadhu....

hahahah.... :lol:

dun worry... everything is under control ..... :devil:

thineshan54321
18th June 2008, 02:49 PM

Check it out (page 8) -

ipadi elaam news vantha, expectations eguraama enavaam panum>?

SoftSword
18th June 2008, 03:02 PM
dinesh machi...

adhennappa UNDER control...
UPPER control'nu onnu irukka enna??? :roll:

A.ANAND
18th June 2008, 03:32 PM

Check it out (page 8) -

ipadi elaam news vantha, expectations eguraama enavaam panum>?
neenga solluvathum vasathavam than! :)

dinesh2002
18th June 2008, 03:42 PM
dinesh machi...

SS, enna pa aache ungalakke.... ???? :lol:

Ramakrishna
18th June 2008, 04:35 PM
dinesh machi...

:lol: Softy, Kyaa hua :lol2:

lancelot
18th June 2008, 05:53 PM
seems like SS is very excited... super machchi!!

hehe

SoftSword
18th June 2008, 06:13 PM
dinesh machi...

:lol: Softy, Kyaa hua :lol2:

ram enakku onnum aagala...
namma dinesh'ala madhusree'ku edhum aagida koodadhunu dhaan solraen...
yaen en nalla manasa yarum purinjukk matendreenga....

lancelot...
"itthana album release aagiyum excite aagalena apram adha enatthukku kaekkonum...."

read in "aaru round adichum mubbu yaeralena... apram andha karmatthu ennatthukku kudikkonum...." style...

ThalaNass
18th June 2008, 06:54 PM

Ippadithaan ATM ku sonningga :poke: But songs were blockbuster hits :redjump: :bluejump: Cant wait anymore for Sakkarakatti... July 11th, come faster :D :D :P

A.ANAND
19th June 2008, 06:03 AM

Ippadithaan ATM ku sonningga :poke: But songs were blockbuster hits :redjump: :bluejump: Cant wait anymore for Sakkarakatti... July 11th, come faster :D :D :P
oru velai naan ippadi sonna songs ellam hit agumo! :lol:

thineshan54321
19th June 2008, 06:12 AM

oru velai naan ippadi sonna songs ellam hit agumo! :lol:

chocolatenna wait pannithaama aganum... sinna vayasilla oru chocolate vangithara appa amma romba nerom edukura mathiri thaan intha sakarakattiyum... i just hope we dont get diabetes!

united07
20th June 2008, 01:05 PM
I hope it is another BOYS...
or at least another E20U18....

sat_srini
20th June 2008, 07:29 PM
Track listing out on ARR's website - www.arrahman.com

sat_srini
20th June 2008, 07:40 PM
Looks like there is going to be 2 songs from Meenaxi - Chinamma and Yeh Rishta.

Guess_Me
20th June 2008, 07:57 PM
Sakkarakatti Track Listing

Taxi Taxi
Benny Dayal, Blaaze, Viviane, Chaix, Javed Ali

Marudaani
Madhushree, A R Rahman, Hentry

I Miss You Da
Chinmayi, Indai Haza

Chinnamma
Benny Dayal, Chinmayi

Elay
Krish, Naresh Iyer

Naan Epoudhu
Reena Bharadwaj

Guess_Me
20th June 2008, 08:02 PM
Thats right. In Sakkarakkatti track listing, those 2 songs credits have been given to Owais Hussain. I just checked my Meenaxi CD and noticed his name mentioned as writer.

It's a re-usage then :(

thineshan54321
20th June 2008, 08:10 PM
Thats right. In Sakkarakkatti track listing, those 2 songs credits have been given to Owais Hussain. I just checked my Meenaxi CD and noticed his name mentioned as writer.

It's a re-usage then :(

i am sure if they gave credits to the writer (lyricist), then they r using parts of those lyrics for these songs. i just done see why ARR would reuse those songs and even if he did, why the credits to a lyricist?

Guess_Me
20th June 2008, 08:12 PM
i am sure if they gave credits to the writer (lyricist), then they r using parts of those lyrics for these songs. i just done see why ARR would reuse those songs and even if he did, why the credits to a lyricist?
No no. He is not the lyricst. Owais Husain is the Associate Director / Writer of Meenaxi.

thineshan54321
20th June 2008, 08:13 PM
No no. He is not the lyricst. Owais Husain is the Associate Director / Writer of Meenaxi.

but even still why the credits to an associate director/writer?

Guess_Me
20th June 2008, 08:15 PM

Sorry again. It says courtesy and not credits. I suppose ARR wants to thank him for the re-usage. Still it puzzles, why not thank the producer or director?

Anyway, we still have 4 fresh tunes to look forward to and 2 of them are already hyped (I miss you da and Maruthani).

thineshan54321
20th June 2008, 08:17 PM

Sorry again. It says courtesy and not credits. I suppose ARR wants to thank him for the re-usage. Still it puzzles, why not thank the producer or director?

Anyway, we still have 4 fresh tunes to look forward to and 2 of them are already hyped (I miss you da and Maruthani).

i can still not believe this news is true. will not believe till i have heard them!

Guess_Me
20th June 2008, 08:21 PM
i can still not believe this news is true. will not believe till i have heard them!
Gopal has confirmed it thineshan. We have to accept it.

Still, won't it be lovely to hear Yeh Rishta in tamil? Chinnamma, right from the opening lyrics, has a south flavour all along. Lets hope it came out even better than the hindi version.

thineshan54321
20th June 2008, 08:38 PM

Still, won't it be lovely to hear Yeh Rishta in tamil? Chinnamma, right from the opening lyrics, has a south flavour all along. Lets hope it came out even better than the hindi version.

:( :cry2: its just thats reuse memories are still haunting me and i just cant get over it. hopefully the songs have a completely different flavour to them. it still puzzles me why arr would do such a thing? maybe pressure from director like desam (using baba song)?

Reality
20th June 2008, 09:25 PM
Finally those two excellent tracks will get appreciation from mass..i hope the song picturaisation will come up with quality..

sat_srini
20th June 2008, 11:17 PM
Sakkarakatti (2008)

Music: A..R.Rahman
Lyrics: Na Muthukumar, Vaali, Pa Vijay
Studio: V Creations
Producer: S. Thanu
Director: Kalaprabhu Thanu
Stars: Shantanu Bhagyaraj, Ishita, Devika
Label: Sony BMG

Tracks:

1. Taxi Taxi

Singers: Benny Dayal, Blaaze, Viviane Chaix and Javed Ali
Lyrics: Blaaze, Na Muthukumar, Viviane Chaix

2. Marudaani

Singers: Madhushree, A R Rahman, Hentry
Lyrics: Vaali

3. I Miss You Da

Singers: Chinmayi, Indai Haza
Lyrics: Na Muthukumar

4. Chinnamma

Singers: Benny Dayal, Chinmayi
Lyrics: Pa Vijay

5. Elay

Singers: Krish ,Naresh Iyer
Lyrics : Na Muthukumar

6. Naan Epoudhu

Singers: Reena Bharadwaj
Lyrics : Pa Vijay

Credits:

Chinnamma and Yeh Rishta, courtesy: Owais Hussain
Guitars and Mediterranean Strings: John Themis
Additional Vox for Marudani: Darshana, Shwetha, Janani
Vocal Supervision for Marudani and Naan Epoudhu: Shreeni and Srinivasa Murthy
Indian Rhythms: Laxminarayan, Raju, Vedachalam, Neelakandan, T.Raja
Additional Programming: Krishna Chetan and Hentry Kuruvilla
Additional Programming for Chinnamma: KJ Singh
Recorded at Panchathan Record Inn and A M Studios, Chennai.
Mixed by K J Singh at Panchathan Record Inn
Mastered at A M Studios, Chennai by S. Siva Kumar
Musicians Fixer: R Samidurai
Co-Ordination: Noel James

Courtesy : Gopal, ARRYG

ansa400
21st June 2008, 12:51 AM
Guess the 2 songs which are re-used is fair enough cos those are lovely songs which somehow dint get popular among the ppl.. so ARR is doing the right thing by re-producing in Tamizh....as long as Tamizh ppl havent listened to the original songs(which I presume), it should be ok...but yeah for us its kinda difficult to digest at the beginning... neways if the songs have come out well, we should be able to get over it... Whatever, these 2 songs are worthy enough for a 2nd life cos I have always loved Meenaxi songs and still wonder why the heck this album is not popular inspite of awesome music, so our boss has come out with a solution...

Mahen
21st June 2008, 08:02 AM
cool..2 reused tracks and 4 new tracks :clap: :thumbsup: the 2 reused tracks are my favorites esp chinama..I hope they will retain the telegu lines and the same voice 'Chinama chilakama chudu chudu, chinama kutchama aadu aadu, kutchama kuruvaama etc.......

ansa400
21st June 2008, 08:21 AM
cool..2 reused tracks and 4 new tracks :clap: :thumbsup: the 2 reused tracks are my favorites esp chinama..I hope they will retain the telegu lines and the same voice 'Chinama chilakama chudu chudu, chinama kutchama aadu aadu, kutchama kuruvaama etc.......

Yeah Mahen, also it was nicely sung by Sukhwinder..hope Benny has done a good job in this version... 'm more upbeat in hearing the Yeh rishta song in tamil cos the voice of Reena bhardwaj was mesmerizing ....'m not sure why she hasn't done many songs after that...to my knowledge she has sung one in Mangal Pandey..has she been used in any other films guys??

Mahen
21st June 2008, 08:42 AM
NOOO..I just realized something under the credits..'Additional Programming for chinama'... :( I dont want CC to have any changes...I love the original....
Btw ansa, reena has sung in baba and varalaru and a few bharadwaj albums..

ansa400
21st June 2008, 08:58 AM
NOOO..I just realized something under the credits..'Additional Programming for chinama'... :( I dont want CC to have any changes...I love the original....
Btw ansa, reena has sung in baba and varalaru and a few bharadwaj albums..

Thx Mahen....Baba song was a complete one than the Varalaaru song....neways looking fwd to this number...

dinesh2002
21st June 2008, 02:42 PM

this is truly disappointing....!!! really, wut eva it is, i dun wan any reused tracks from ARR anymore..... oh God..... this is not happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not for a Tamil album again!!!!!!!

mahen01
21st June 2008, 02:50 PM
I am so dissappointed. Once again ARR proves that her prefers to spend more time for hindi than tamil.

united07
21st June 2008, 03:25 PM
hey...did u guys noticed the similarity of JTYJN and Sakkarakatti?

JTYJN =
debut director
debut hero
producer related to hero
Youthful subject

SK =
debut director
debut hero
producer related to director
Youthful subject

Hope SK will have the same success as JTYJN...

dinesh2002
21st June 2008, 03:26 PM
hey...did u guys noticed the similarity of JTYJN and Sakkarakatti?

JTYJN =
debut director
debut hero
producer related to hero
Youthful subject

SK =
debut director
debut hero
producer related to director
Youthful subject

Hope SK will have the same success as JTYJN...

notice the big difference??? JTYJN have original tracks while SK have 2 reused songs.....

ansa400
21st June 2008, 04:19 PM
Dinesh..don't u trust ARR bro??? He must be aware of all these....im sure he would've felt that these 2 songs have the potential to be hit and would've done justice to it...One way its good that the expectation level has slightly come down...

dinesh2002
21st June 2008, 04:27 PM
Dinesh..don't u trust ARR bro??? He must be aware of all these....im sure he would've felt that these 2 songs have the potential to be hit and would've done justice to it...One way its good that the expectation level has slightly come down...

trust u say??? this is 1 thing i wish/hope that will never ever happen ..... a reused track...... not only it will bring bad impression, but think about it.... 2 years in making and ARR just give us back the songs we enjoyed before??

no one can predict which song is going to be Hit, my dear brother. I remember reading last time they were aiming "Style" from Sivaji to be the HIT number from Sivaji, but its the least enjoyed track in it.

let us pour our disappointments here man, where else to share this view????

ansa400
21st June 2008, 04:49 PM
yeah, may be for us ARR fans its hard to digest initally, but other ppl dont have a clue as to what this album has in store...I mean they dont know if the song is re-used or not cos the songs aren't popular ones... come on Dinesh, how often we fans used to be disappointed when brilliant compositions like these ones get unnoticed... so here's an opportunity for them to be heard among the mass....so keep cool and look forward to the album...

dinesh2002
21st June 2008, 05:28 PM
i just have no comments man... nothing right now seems right to me... just need to put this aside.... it totally spoilt my mood of the day, which initially was going on fantastically.... :(... as u said, im the in 1st stage of unable to digest this news... was having roaring expectations like another Boys... and this reused matter just brought me back to this horrible experience in 2001....

hope ARR has done some changes in the song, and not just reuse the song as it is... coz ive never heard ARR doing changes to his reused Hindi songs in Tamil ... its alwis the exact copy back... except maybe Oone Oone - Alli Arjuna having some minor changes here and there.....

i see ARR has arranged people to guide Madhushree and Reena on their numbers... hoping to see perfect pronunciations from them....

united07
21st June 2008, 05:41 PM
hey bro....chill man...
Doli Saja Ke Rkahna was not marketed well..hence we had Jodi...

Meenaxi songs were marvelous...but didn't reach out widely due to MF Hussain's ego to pull out the entire movie when there were protest against Noo-un-Allah song alone....

Hence ARR is re-marketing these 2 songs. I always felt, Chinnama Chilakka will be better lapped by south indians due to its andra flavour....

Yeh rishta...is a stunning melody..... i don't mind tamil lyrics to it.....

if Manburu Mangaye can sound good in tamil....i'm sure Yeh Rishta will too...

Cheers....

prasana84
21st June 2008, 08:15 PM
Whats happening? 2 years arr can give time to only 4 songs. But this time i hav only 1 satisfaction, the 2 reused tracks are excellent songs. Ana everu kitta irukura oru ketta palakam ethuthan...

Ramakrishna
21st June 2008, 08:49 PM
Whats happening? 2 years arr can give time to only 4 songs. But this time i hav only 1 satisfaction, the 2 reused tracks are excellent songs. Ana everu kitta irukura oru ketta palakam ethuthan...

It is actually not like that. Few minutes back i saw his interview on NDTV Good Times channel and in that they asked him this particular question as to why he reuses his tracks from other language. Rahman clearly specified that it is purely director's choice and he never likes doing it. He told that he even tries to convince the directors sometimes.
So, based on his interview, we can assume that the director Kalaprabhu and Kalaipuli Dhanu must have forced him to do this.

baba88
21st June 2008, 08:59 PM
i think when the movie started and arr was committed they fixed that there will be 4 songs. But later on they wanted 2 more songs for which they chose those of meenaxi.

Mahen
21st June 2008, 10:01 PM

trust u say??? this is 1 thing i wish/hope that will never ever happen ..... a reused track...... not only it will bring bad impression, but think about it.... 2 years in making and ARR just give us back the songs we enjoyed before??

no one can predict which song is going to be Hit, my dear brother. I remember reading last time they were aiming "Style" from Sivaji to be the HIT number from Sivaji, but its the least enjoyed track in it.

Dinesh, who knows maybe the director wanted the 2 songs badly...If not, why suddenly arr reused meenaxi of all albums which was released a few years ago??...Doesnt make sense...Probably its just like how Ashutosh insisted on having the baba song in swades

Mahen
21st June 2008, 10:10 PM
If i were the director i would have asked ARR to reuse 2 songs from ada, 2 from JTYJN, 1 from earth and 2 from water :D There you go a perfect rocking album...

prasana84
21st June 2008, 10:13 PM

It is actually not like that. Few minutes back i saw his interview on NDTV Good Times channel and in that they asked him this particular question as to why he reuses his tracks from other language. Rahman clearly specified that it is purely director's choice and he never likes doing it. He told that he even tries to convince the directors sometimes.
So, based on his interview, we can assume that the director Kalaprabhu and Kalaipuli Dhanu must have forced him to do this.
:cry: Entha directors en epadi panranga... they should have the attitude of getting a better one than the existing one which they want.

prasana84
21st June 2008, 10:15 PM
If i were the director i would have asked ARR to reuse 2 songs from ada, 2 from JTYJN, 1 from earth and 2 from water :D There you go a perfect rocking album...
Nalla velu nenga directora agala :lol:

prasana84
21st June 2008, 10:16 PM

Dinesh, who knows maybe the director wanted the 2 songs badly...If not, why suddenly arr reused meenaxi of all albums which was released a few years ago??...Doesnt make sense...Probably its just like how Ashutosh insisted on having the baba song in swades
They made some changes (baba song) in swades hope the same would happen for sk. making some refinement would be better

dinesh2002
22nd June 2008, 08:03 AM

:cry: Entha directors en epadi panranga... they should have the attitude of getting a better one than the existing one which they want.

athane.... enna director'ro..... :roll: we should praise dir krishna in this matter [sok] for getting awesome songs from ARR... atleast he didnt ask ARR to reuse his songs.... :roll:

dinesh2002
22nd June 2008, 08:06 AM
Mahen, this shows the director is just weak in extracting tunes from ARR......

ade paavi Mahen, u want another Alli Arjuna and Star?????? if u didnt realize, the songs in Alli Arjuna and Star were excellent songs by itself in Hindi. Look what happen when u compile it to a Tamil album....

NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!

jangofett
22nd June 2008, 08:16 AM
What started with a Telegu original song being reused in an original Hindi movie back in 1995 as continued to occur and will happen again in the future. If ARR could come up with new songs for ATM (except for the remix which was wanted by the director/producer), why not for this movie? Probably due to the director/producer. I agree that it's up to the director/producer to get what they want from ARR. For example, when the Baba song was reused in Swades, ARR did not have to use that song, Swades had excellent new tunes and yet he had to bring in an old tune but why?

I want to think that it's due to the director/producer but ARR at this point in his career should be able to dictate the terms and the conditions. Nowadays, I believe Hindi ARR is better than Tamil ARR even though it was Tamil ARR that started his fame and fortune in the eyes of the film industry - so I think ARR should start to give something back to the Tamil Film Industry maybe by producing a film with all new tunes from him.

Guess_Me
22nd June 2008, 07:10 PM
There is an interesting development about Sakkarakatti. Gops, in his latest message, reveals something.

I am sure it will warm the hearts of the 'Tamil fans" here to know that ARR was pencilled into this project without his knowledge or consent and then emotionally blackmailed into doing it. He had the choice of kicking up a fuss, saying No and walking away. He did not. Instead, he chose the path of dignity.

Hmmm. What does this mean?

Ramakrishna
22nd June 2008, 07:22 PM
I think the director was adamant in getting ARR for this. So he might have used his father's influence rather than the director impressing ARR with his story telling.

ansa400
22nd June 2008, 07:22 PM
There is an interesting development about Sakkarakatti. Gops, in his latest message, reveals something.

I am sure it will warm the hearts of the 'Tamil fans" here to know that ARR was pencilled into this project without his knowledge or consent and then emotionally blackmailed into doing it. He had the choice of kicking up a fuss, saying No and walking away. He did not. Instead, he chose the path of dignity.

Hmmm. What does this mean?

If this news is true, this shows how much they are dependent on ARR for the outcome of the film...lets hope the director has done his part to compliment the good work of ARR ( as a music director as well as a human being)...

ansa400
22nd June 2008, 07:35 PM
I think the director was adamant in getting ARR for this. So he might have used his father's influence rather than the director impressing ARR with his story telling.

Yeah there's a huge difference between a new movie with ARR's name and a new movie without ARR's name but I don't find any reason as to why ARR wouldn't accept the project if the project hadn't excited him..... may be he refused to do it cos of the dates and later on the producer would've pressurized him to go for it... Just to think of it even if any of us were to direct a film in the future, we would surely want to have ARR in it somehow, so I reckon this guy is one of the many fans of ARR and was so adamant to have ARR in his film...

slperson1
22nd June 2008, 11:51 PM
if anyone had a good memory. they would remember that when the movie was first announced that they said there was going to be 4 songs. Thus 4 new songs and 2 old songs because later the director or producer asked for 2 more songs. So old ones were given or they requested the old ones.

prasana84
23rd June 2008, 12:04 AM
if anyone had a good memory. they would remember that when the movie was first announced that they said there was going to be 4 songs. Thus 4 new songs and 2 old songs because later the director or producer asked for 2 more songs. So old ones were given or they requested the old ones.
yeah man i remember but 4 songsoda vituduntha oru complete album ayirukum but anyway let see...