PDA

View Full Version : AR || Sakkarakatti | Kalaprabhu | Shanthanu ||

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

prasana84
20th July 2008, 12:08 PM
You know most of the people except of ARR fans don't know these two reused songs in hindi. So it will be refreshing and new for them. And these two songs are really good. So don't worry.
unga vai mugurtham appadiyae palikatum

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 03:10 PM
You know most of the people except of ARR fans don't know these two reused songs in hindi. So it will be refreshing and new for them. And these two songs are really good. So don't worry.

Chinnama Chilakamma has captured people's attention. My frens who arent Hindi songs follower said Chinnama is a a beuatiful and catchy song :D ....

ohhh 4got to mention, he said its the best album in 2008... [common layman who enjoys every song] :D

rayan36
20th July 2008, 03:39 PM

Chinnama Chilakamma has captured people's attention. My frens who arent Hindi songs follower said Chinnama is a a beuatiful and catchy song :D ....

ohhh 4got to mention, he said its the best album in 2008... [common layman who enjoys every song] :D

Ok, thats a good sign....

prasana84
20th July 2008, 04:07 PM

Ok, thats a good sign....
Yup its the best album of 2008 and im sure arr will get many awards for this movie like sok and shivaji.

MADDY
20th July 2008, 06:58 PM

:notthatway:

ADA is the best album of the decade :)

//disgr//is it madhushree in ur DP dinesh?? if it is her, then wow, she has reduced a lot 8-) //end disgr//

A.ANAND
20th July 2008, 07:18 PM

//disgr//is it madhushree in ur DP dinesh?? if it is her, then wow, she has reduced a lot 8-) //end disgr//
:lol: yes!ada is winner!beatifull melody esp.tum mera hai,hawa sun hawa.meherban,gumsum....wow!mindblowing :musicsmile:
tamil-la dubbing panna intha song ellam ippadi irukkum... :D kanavu kandukittu iruken.palakanum andava!

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 07:18 PM

dinesh avava pathi yosichu yosichu, epadiyo elaka vachutaan paavi... inga elaame maari nadakuthu, avan yosicha avan thaan elakonum, aana inga ava ilachupoitaa! kural elaikaama irunthaa sari! :lol:

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 07:33 PM

dinesh avava pathi yosichu yosichu, epadiyo elaka vachutaan paavi... inga elaame maari nadakuthu, avan yosicha avan thaan elakonum, aana inga ava ilachupoitaa! kural elaikaama irunthaa sari! :lol:

Thineshan.... :lol: :lol: ahaaa... ethanai pere ippedi kelambirekinge..... lol... haha

Maddy, no no...the guy who said it was a Tamil guy... he is not aware of Hindi songs... he meant the best album in Tamil... :D

Yes Maddy, its Madhushree... she has reduced slightly... :P... but if u ask me, if she looses somemore, she might be another supar sareke :D :D ... she has the looks... :P

Thalafanz
20th July 2008, 08:16 PM
Finally bought the Audio... Will come back with my review later... :)

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 08:25 PM

Thineshan.... :lol: :lol: ahaaa... ethanai pere ippedi kelambirekinge..... lol... haha

Maddy, no no...the guy who said it was a Tamil guy... he is not aware of Hindi songs... he meant the best album in Tamil... :D

Yes Maddy, its Madhushree... she has reduced slightly... :P... but if u ask me, if she looses somemore, she might be another supar sareke :D :D ... she has the looks... :P

solla mudiyathu dinesh. in bloga paathuttu, unna impress panurathukaaka madam dietla ponaalum poirupaa. the best thing is its working for u!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

prasana84
20th July 2008, 10:48 PM

Nanum best tamil album of 2008 nu sonnain. But these songs are more entertaining and youthfull. ada is diff.

prasana84
20th July 2008, 10:49 PM
Finally bought the Audio... Will come back with my review later... :)
Yethuva irunthalum oru 10 times kettutu aparuma unga reviewva yeluthunga :D

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 10:53 PM

Nanum best tamil album of 2008 nu sonnain. But these songs are more entertaining and youthfull. ada is diff.

to me i think sakarakatti is the best album of this year (count sivaji, sok, and atm in this list too).

prasana84
20th July 2008, 10:58 PM

to me i think sakarakatti is the best album of this year (count sivaji, sok, and atm in this list too).
These songs are more entertaining taxi taxi, elay, maruthani all these songs are really nice. after boys im enjoying a youthfull album :musicsmile:

thineshan54321
20th July 2008, 11:15 PM

These songs are more entertaining taxi taxi, elay, maruthani all these songs are really nice. after boys im enjoying a youthfull album :musicsmile:

saame! i am enjoying this even more than boys!

sharus1000
21st July 2008, 12:21 AM
Satyam songs..semi arr

Ennanbe Naalu 00:58-1:18 Marghaze poove 3:00-3:20
Paal Pappali 3:49 -4:02 Straberry kaane 3:43- 4:07

dinesh2002
21st July 2008, 06:51 AM

solla mudiyathu dinesh. in bloga paathuttu, unna impress panurathukaaka madam dietla ponaalum poirupaa. the best thing is its working for u!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

prasana84
21st July 2008, 08:01 AM
Sakarakatti also tops in mirchi count down
1. taxi taxi (my fav)
2. om zaare
3. dosthu bada dosthu
:boo:

MADDY
21st July 2008, 08:55 AM
Sakarakatti also tops in mirchi count down
1. taxi taxi (my fav)
2. om zaare
3. dosthu bada dosthu
:boo:

there are lot of orkut profiles already carrying "taxi taxi" in their names like prakash- taxi taxi, simi- taxi taxi :shock: :lol: .....its already playing on FMs too 8-)

directhit
21st July 2008, 10:16 AM
Taxi Taxi ROCKS!!! :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: cant seem to get enuf of this song!!

kham
21st July 2008, 10:36 AM
guys r u all in facebook??? i mean da regular hubbers???

lancelot
21st July 2008, 10:43 AM
hooked beyond hooked, my sis loves the hindi songs, she used to love the Meenaxi album... and i never told her the songs will be remade... i gave her the album when i went home and she was so suprised... and she loved the fact that she understands Ye Rishtha now. hehe

Awesome album ARR, 3 great albums in such a short period... what more can u ask for?

hehe
:D

dinesh2002
21st July 2008, 04:15 PM
guys r u all in facebook??? i mean da regular hubbers???

yea i am... but not so active... im more into frienster.... :) less messy....

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 04:22 PM
I dont know how people are liking this album. I dont think sakarakatti song will become a super hit songs.its very ordinary musical from ARR and nothing interesting.

lancelot
21st July 2008, 04:26 PM
I dont know how people are liking this album. I dont think sakarakatti song will become a super hit songs.its very ordinary musical from ARR and nothing interesting.

first question, how many times did you listen to the songs?

right now humming I Miss You Da... SUPER STUFF!!!

hehe

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 04:33 PM

hehe

Till I get saroja and satyam Music CD I keep playing sakkarakatti music only in my home system. Compare to this I like azhakia tamilmagan which I listen almost thrice in a week. I think people will appreciate what ever ARR present to us.

ansa400
21st July 2008, 04:33 PM

hehe

I don't think he would;ve listened to this album at all.... :wink:

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 04:36 PM

hehe

I don't think he would;ve listened to this album at all.... :wink:
I dont need to prove to you people, I was the first one to get the CD from my regular musical store in my place.

Before asking me , tell me one thing How many people have own copy of this album.

A.ANAND
21st July 2008, 04:37 PM
kaathula ethavathu problem-ma unngalukku! :)

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 04:42 PM

I am telling the fact yaar. I think problem with all your's . Do you people think that ARR does a wonderfull job in sakkarakatti?. I Dont think. its sound very oridinary and also I dont know how all these songs going to support the movie entirly. Dhanu taking risk with his son.

A.ANAND
21st July 2008, 04:53 PM

I am telling the fact yaar. I think problem with all your's . Do you people think that ARR does a wonderfull job in sakkarakatti?. I Dont think. its sound very oridinary and also I dont know how all these songs going to support the movie entirly. Dhanu taking risk with his son.
this is your own opinion!but unnga opinion-la unmai irukutha ennaku thriyala!yaaru melayo ulla kobatha ingga vanthu kottara mathiri than irukku sir!sakkarakatti song super innu unnggala othukkavum nangga sollala.mendum mendum song kelunnga ungalaukku nichayam pidikum sir!

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 04:58 PM

this is your own opinion!but unnga opinion-la unmai irukutha ennaku thriyala!yaaru melayo ulla kobatha ingga vanthu kottara mathiri than irukku sir!sakkarakatti song super innu unnggala othukkavum nangga sollala.mendum mendum song kelunnga ungalaukku nichayam pidikum sir!

Yes I agree anand,Thanks. lets See.

littlemaster1982
21st July 2008, 05:19 PM

Sgsmin,

It's not a fact. It's your OPINION and it is perfectly fine. Let us see how other HIT albums fare :D

SoftSword
21st July 2008, 05:58 PM

Yes I agree anand,Thanks. lets See.

if u feel that its ordinary....
then can u compare it with anyother ordinary albums by ARR which were released before....
based on that we can decide whats goin wrong with u....

or if u say this is worser than all...
then u should take time before concluding...

kutti_anand
21st July 2008, 06:19 PM

I think u r telling this after one time listening. Even after one time listening, anyone should have liked Marudhaani. Andha paata kooda neenga pudikala nu sonna, unga mela paridhaaba padratha thavira vera vazhi illa.... Everyone likes the songs. Ungaluku pudichiruku nu sollunga nu naanga sollala. Listen to it more times and u will really feel ARR magic. As u told, this movie cant be classified as ordinary musical. May be ur sound system is quite old and ordinary....... :D

directhit
21st July 2008, 06:47 PM
---

thineshan54321
21st July 2008, 06:47 PM

I think u r telling this after one time listening. Even after one time listening, anyone should have liked Marudhaani. Andha paata kooda neenga pudikala nu sonna, unga mela paridhaaba padratha thavira vera vazhi illa.... Everyone likes the songs. Ungaluku pudichiruku nu sollunga nu naanga sollala. Listen to it more times and u will really feel ARR magic. As u told, this movie cant be classified as ordinary musical. May be ur sound system is quite old and ordinary....... :D

:lol: :lol:

sgmsin: really u dont like the album? to tell the truth, u r the first one who said they didnt like the album. but its ur opinion, we cant say anything about it. i just wanna make a suggestion for ur good, please listen to the songs many times. its not something to be missed upon after first listen. trust me, u will love all the songs very much. take care.

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 06:50 PM

I think u r telling this after one time listening. Even after one time listening, anyone should have liked Marudhaani. Andha paata kooda neenga pudikala nu sonna, unga mela paridhaaba padratha thavira vera vazhi illa.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :ty: Everyone likes the songs. :fatigue: Ungaluku pudichiruku nu sollunga nu naanga sollala. Listen to it more times and u will really feel ARR magic. :confused2: As u told, this movie cant be classified as ordinary musical. May be ur sound system is quite old and ordinary....... :D[/quote]

Any way :ty: for all your inputs and appreciated. Will try to reconsider. Folks :cool2:

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 06:51 PM

:lol: :lol:

sgmsin: really u dont like the album? to tell the truth, u r the first one who said they didnt like the album. but its ur opinion, we cant say anything about it. i just wanna make a suggestion for ur good, please listen to the songs many times. its not something to be missed upon after first listen. trust me, u will love all the songs very much. take care.

:ty: :2thumbsup:

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 06:52 PM

Sgsmin,

It's not a fact. It's your OPINION and it is perfectly fine. Let us see how other HIT albums fare :D

:goodidea:

prasana84
21st July 2008, 07:42 PM
Songs are rocking man taxi taxi has became my fav now going mad on each sound. elay is better than robaroo xcellent stuff. loving this album thanks u rahmanji for the 2008 gift. :thumbsup:

kutti_anand
21st July 2008, 08:29 PM
sgmsin, if u dont mind orey oru kostin...... Which is the last album that u liked very much? not necessarily from ARR....

prasana84
22nd July 2008, 08:05 AM
sgmsin, if u dont mind orey oru kostin...... Which is the last album that u liked very much? not necessarily from ARR....
Anand enoda first reviewva parunga romba disappoint ayi yeluthiruppain. sakarakatti songs atleast takes 15-20 listens to grow except maruthani. give them time apparumum ethey comment sonna athu avanga thanipatta karuthu remember album is already a huge hit.

thineshan54321
22nd July 2008, 08:13 AM
Anand enoda first reviewva parunga romba disappoint ayi yeluthiruppain. sakarakatti songs atleast takes 15-20 listens to grow except maruthani. give them time apparumum ethey comment sonna athu avanga thanipatta karuthu remember album is already a huge hit.

yes, this is a true arr album. the taking time to grow on u is so true and i realized it fully with this album.

MADDY
22nd July 2008, 10:01 AM
saw promos of sakkarakkatti on sun music......very catchy visuals, with taxi taxi in the background......hope film does well :)

kutti_anand
22nd July 2008, 11:21 AM

I was disappointed only with I Miss you da...... But ippo adhu kooda supera iruku.... But ella ARR album-layum i have one song as my least favourite. i think that goes the same with everyone. Paakalam.... avare thirumba vandhu ella songs-um supera iruku nu sonnalum not a surprise.....

directhit
22nd July 2008, 11:40 AM
esp after knowing its both chinmayi's voice i like that song all the more now with the experimentation thrown in :)

A.ANAND
22nd July 2008, 12:59 PM
i miss u da lyrict is very weird!romba keshapattu chinmayi padara mathiri oru feeling.dialoge padikkara mathiri irukku!

sgmsin
22nd July 2008, 01:49 PM
i miss u da lyrict is very weird!romba keshapattu chinmayi padara mathiri oru feeling.dialoge padikkara mathiri irukku! :smokesmile: yenna anand neengale ippadi sonna yeppadi?!!! :confused2:

A.ANAND
22nd July 2008, 03:21 PM
i miss u da lyrict is very weird!romba keshapattu chinmayi padara mathiri oru feeling.dialoge padikkara mathiri irukku! :smokesmile: yenna anand neengale ippadi sonna yeppadi?!!! :confused2:
i say the lyrict only not the song. :D coment-la nermayum irukanum illaya![matta fans mathiri illa naagga],song evalo 'kanraviya' :lol: iruthalum kalakithanda,konnothanda innu poli vesham podaravannga naanga illa!we r a.r.rahman fans ya,eppavum unmaiyathan pesuvom!!! :cool2:

SoftSword
22nd July 2008, 03:29 PM

:shock:

i miss u da is my favorite in the album...
cos of the voice modulation and rendering...

prasana84
22nd July 2008, 07:26 PM

I was disappointed only with I Miss you da...... But ippo adhu kooda supera iruku.... But ella ARR album-layum i have one song as my least favourite. i think that goes the same with everyone. Paakalam.... avare thirumba vandhu ella songs-um supera iruku nu sonnalum not a surprise.....
Avara vidunga songs ketta ellam supernu solranga 1thar 2per ila. athuva santhosama iruku. But the sad thing is many like chinnama song than anyother original songs:lol: . also taxi taxi.

A.ANAND
23rd July 2008, 06:59 AM
kangal irandal vs maruthani

thineshan54321
23rd July 2008, 09:42 AM

whats kangal irundal

kutti_anand
23rd July 2008, 10:36 AM

whats kangal irundal

Kangal Irandal is a song from Subramaniapuram.... That song is good and its by James Vasanthan, TV anchor..... The tune is very catchy, but comparing it with marudhani is way too much....

A.ANAND
23rd July 2008, 03:00 PM
i'm sure taxi song will be a trend setter in tfm when the movie out.ethani peru intha formula-la copy panna poranggalo!

dinesh2002
23rd July 2008, 06:20 PM
i'm sure taxi song will be a trend setter in tfm when the movie out.ethani peru intha formula-la copy panna poranggalo!

yea...dunno how many people r going to use Vivian for the French portion for their songs.... :lol:

jangofett
23rd July 2008, 07:05 PM
The track I enjoy the most is "I Miss You Da" - I wish there was a male version "I Miss You Dee"!!!

Taxi Taxi is disappointing - reminds me of the Simbu track from Kadhal Virus also with French lyrics. Marudaani and Naa Epoudhu cancels each other out in terms of ballads/melodious tracks.

Elay is OK but not memorable - will be better with visuals.

Chinnamma will be popular among the mass.

But Kuselan has a sure-fire hit Om Zaarare and a melodious track with Sollama... Chaaral is also good - reminds me of Barso Re from Guru..

thineshan54321
23rd July 2008, 07:18 PM
The track I enjoy the most is "I Miss You Da" - I wish there was a male version "I Miss You Dee"!!!

Taxi Taxi is disappointing - reminds me of the Simbu track from Kadhal Virus also with French lyrics. Marudaani and Naa Epoudhu cancels each other out in terms of ballads/melodious tracks.

But Kuselan has a sure-fire hit Om Zaarare and a melodious track with Sollama... Chaaral is also good - reminds me of Barso Re from Guru..

i can accept it if u say u dont like some songs in sakarakatti. but why bring kuselan into this?? this album is the best this year out of all albums (inclusive of kuselan) IMO.

dinesh2002
23rd July 2008, 07:22 PM

u pick the most weirdest song in the album as ur fav and commented negatively on the tracks that r accepted by the majority... :) ...

and u praising Kuselan here....

why should we be considering ur view on it.... ??? :D ...

SoftSword
24th July 2008, 11:34 AM

u pick the most weirdest song in the album as ur fav and commented negatively on the tracks that r accepted by the majority... :) ...

i miss u da is my favorite as well...
but i love the other songs....

now stop calling i miss u da as weird... u speak like a man from a diff camp coming here and calling all innovations and experiments as weird....
just stop with ur opinion about the song... and don say that majority call it weird...

:(

Thalafanz
24th July 2008, 12:37 PM
Sakkarakatti - May Review (Hope its not too late) :wink:

Taxi Taxi
Definately a trendsetter. Blaaze's rap interludes :clap: Viviane's accent cool. At first I thought it was Japanese language. :lol:
The way she prounce 'Taxi' is quite funny.
In short, Blaaze & ARR magic recreated. :thumbsup:

Marudhani
This is the song that one will definately like at first hearing itself. Another awesome melody song in the line of SnehithanE & Munbe Vaa. I wouldn't be surprise if this song becomes song of the year.
AAR's humming in the middle is more than enough for me as I always wanted to hear his voice in all his albums.

Miss U daa
This song started off very well. This is the only song that quite didn't gel with me. Maybe I should say it hasn't. Need more hearings.
Lyrics is quite ordinary which could be the reason of my dislikeness of this song. :huh:

Chinnamma
One of the best ARR's folk song. On par with the original. 8-)

Eley
Looks like ARR has used many instruments and utilised them in a well manner.
"Time machine-il Eri sendru nAmum Hiroshima yuththa azhivai thaduppOm
Charlie Chaplin-ukku tamizh solli tharuvOm..." - cool lyrics

Naan EppOthu
Provides the Hindi song feel. Superb guitar interludes with fine tune. The second song I like from this album after the first hearing itself.

As a whole, I liked Sakkarakatti, in fact I love it. A very youthful & fresh album. All the very best for the movie. :bow:
Now, its all depends on how they have picturised. Looking forward to hear the bgm. :D

dinesh2002
24th July 2008, 01:53 PM

now stop calling i miss u da as weird... u speak like a man from a diff camp coming here and calling all innovations and experiments as weird....
just stop with ur opinion about the song... and don say that majority call it weird...

brother, cool down cool down... just leave it yah [vadivelu's style in Manadhai Thirudivittai ] :lol:

i dunno y u being rude with me with ur comments... but yea, that song is weird.... the template is new.... thats wut my frens said when they heard the song " weird song" .... its coming from Tamil guys who enjoy music without knowing which music director or singer is involved.... so yea... the comment i said came from a diff camp... i dun think its wrong isnt ?? weird doesnt neccassarily means BAD u know.... :roll:

dinesh2002
24th July 2008, 02:08 PM
Sakkarakatti - May Review (Hope its not too late) :wink:

Taxi Taxi
Definately a trendsetter. Blaaze's rap interludes :clap: Viviane's accent cool. At first I thought it was Japanese language. :lol:
The way she prounce 'Taxi' is quite funny.
In short, Blaaze & ARR magic recreated. :thumbsup:

Marudhani
This is the song that one will definately like at first hearing itself. Another awesome melody song in the line of SnehithanE & Munbe Vaa. I wouldn't be surprise if this song becomes song of the year.
AAR's humming in the middle is more than enough for me as I always wanted to hear his voice in all his albums.

Miss U daa
This song started off very well. This is the only song that quite didn't gel with me. Maybe I should say it hasn't. Need more hearings.
Lyrics is quite ordinary which could be the reason of my dislikeness of this song. :huh:

Chinnamma
One of the best ARR's folk song. On par with the original. 8-)

Eley
Looks like ARR has used many instruments and utilised them in a well manner.
"Time machine-il Eri sendru nAmum Hiroshima yuththa azhivai thaduppOm
Charlie Chaplin-ukku tamizh solli tharuvOm..." - cool lyrics

Naan EppOthu
Provides the Hindi song feel. Superb guitar interludes with fine tune. The second song I like from this album after the first hearing itself.

As a whole, I liked Sakkarakatti, in fact I love it. A very youthful & fresh album. All the very best for the movie. :bow:
Now, its all depends on how they have picturised. Looking forward to hear the bgm. :D

good review.... me too feel Marudhani will be the Munbe Va of 2008.... :)

SoftSword
24th July 2008, 02:44 PM

brother, cool down cool down... just leave it yah [vadivelu's style in Manadhai Thirudivittai ] :lol:

i dunno y u being rude with me with ur comments... but yea, that song is weird.... the template is new.... thats wut my frens said when they heard the song " weird song" .... its coming from Tamil guys who enjoy music without knowing which music director or singer is involved.... so yea... the comment i said came from a diff camp... i dun think its wrong isnt ?? weird doesnt neccassarily means BAD u know.... :roll:

am not being rude machi...
chinna kobam avlodhaan.... rendu perum ARR familynra urimaila....

if in that sense u call this song as weird, then "rukkumani rukkumani" from roja might have been more weird than this song in those time...

enna solra ?

Yathu
24th July 2008, 02:59 PM
My super late thoughts on Sakkarakatti:

:arrow: Marudhani

If i'm being honest, on the first few listens I thought this song was a bit boring. Melody wise, it seems a little repetitve. This might be due to the fact that the interludes seem a little rushed, and lack ARRs unique way with interludes! On the flipside, Madhushree's singing has to be appreciated, if not her pronounciation! :D Personally, for me, this song is nothing to rave about. Sorry fans of this song! :S

3.5/5

:arrow: Taxi Taxi

Very cathcy! Blaaze doesn't feel out of place here. Maybe ARR should've used a more interesting reggaeton/ dancehall beat? This is the most over used reggaeton beat EVER! But still its got ARRs stamp all over it! A sure fire hit! :)

5/5

:arrow: Chinnamma

My fave song on the album at the mo. Didn't like it at first, probably because i've heard the Hindi version a few too many times (Thineshan's noise theory! :D)

5/5

:arrow: Naan Epodhu

Again, i'm liking this! Forgotten all about Yeh Rishta now. Not too sure about Reena Bharatwaj's voice though.

4/5

:arrow: Elay

A breezy song, haven't been playing this one as much as the others! Guitars - ok....violins - erm not so sure about the use of them in this song. I like the "ooooooooOOOO mosa mosanu valanthu vittom" bit! I was expecting a really catchy song, especially with the use of Naresh & Krish! Another song that takes time to grow on you maybe?

3/5

:arrow: I Miss U Da...

Hmmm....the most 'hard to digest' ARR song in a while. As someone else has said, it starts of well and then it just gets.....yes.....WIERD! I played this song in my aunts car yesterday and she has banned me from playing it ever again cos she says it gives her a headache! :lol: A really irregular song! Experimentation gone overboard?? MANY MANY more listens required!

UNRATED...

Overall a good enough album from ARR, but I can't help but feel that somethings missing. Maybe its just me?

Better than ATM or Sivaji? :huh:

SoftSword
24th July 2008, 04:03 PM
My super late thoughts on Sakkarakatti:

:arrow: Marudhani

If i'm being honest, on the first few listens I thought this song was a bit boring. Melody wise, it seems a little repetitve. This might be due to the fact that the interludes seem a little rushed, and lack ARRs unique way with interludes! On the flipside, Madhushree's singing has to be appreciated, if not her pronounciation! :D Personally, for me, this song is nothing to rave about. Sorry fans of this song! :S

3.5/5

partly we are in the same view... this song has not impressed me as much as how it has impressed others... for me, the savin grace is the beats, and ARRs divine humming...
:arrow: Taxi Taxi

Very cathcy! Blaaze doesn't feel out of place here. Maybe ARR should've used a more interesting reggaeton/ dancehall beat? This is the most over used reggaeton beat EVER! But still its got ARRs stamp all over it! A sure fire hit! :)

5/5

again i agree on most of ur points... he could have used a diff beat... as this is a very popular beat... but still it gels well with the song...

:arrow: Chinnamma

My fave song on the album at the mo. Didn't like it at first, probably because i've heard the Hindi version a few too many times (Thineshan's noise theory! :D)

5/5

i love this song... both the singers have did a commendable job... and the lyrics... very well done to match the racy folk tune...
:arrow: Naan Epodhu

Again, i'm liking this! Forgotten all about Yeh Rishta now. Not too sure about Reena Bharatwaj's voice though.

4/5

even i like it... but not so much... i always feel it a north indian song...

:arrow: I Miss U Da...

Hmmm....the most 'hard to digest' ARR song in a while. As someone else has said, it starts of well and then it just gets.....yes.....WIERD! I played this song in my aunts car yesterday and she has banned me from playing it ever again cos she says it gives her a headache! :lol: A really irregular song! Experimentation gone overboard?? MANY MANY more listens require!

the song which has made me spellbound... the experimentations... sounds... the fusion are simply awesome... best of the album for me....

UNRATED...

Overall a good enough album from ARR, but I can't help but feel that somethings missing. Maybe its just me?

Better than ATM or Sivaji? :huh:

and u missed elay...
such an easy and simple tune... also the wonderful lyrics... am sure this song will make everyone say elay... i love the guitar and violin pieces...

overall....
i don wanna compare this with sivaji or atm or for that matter not with any of the albums....

this is unconventional and trendsetting...

Yathu
24th July 2008, 04:08 PM
Softsword, thanks for your response!

Just added elay! Don't know how i forgot about it! :oops:

dinesh2002
24th July 2008, 04:35 PM

am not being rude machi...
chinna kobam avlodhaan.... rendu perum ARR familynra urimaila....

if in that sense u call this song as weird, then "rukkumani rukkumani" from roja might have been more weird than this song in those time...

enna solra ?

yes no doubt... but u see, thats what i like in ARR... he alwiz somehow gives 1 song in an album that has a new template... for instance, Style - Sivaji ... when i 1st heard the full song... i was " where is the perlude, interlude and the end of the song??? " :lol:

and then Maaricham - SOK .... this song sounded so weird at 1st, but then later on when we got the template in our minds, its an enjoyable song...same case like our I Miss U Da.... ims sure i would be the next 1 praising the song here soon... :lol:

Chinmayee did an awesome job!! seriously, if i didint see my cd cover i would have guessed that its a new singer... she seems to sing each song in a new voice.... im not sure how she does it, but WOW.... she scores high here... :notworthy: this song would bring a new leash in Chinmayee's career....

YATHUUUUU.... how can u not like Marudhani .... :twisted: :lol:

SoftSword
24th July 2008, 04:43 PM
i agree...
chinmayee is awesome... not even in a fraction of second, she sounds like how she usually sings...

Sanjeevi
24th July 2008, 06:53 PM
I love the first interlude of Taxi song

Neeye neeye neeye illaiyael Na na na na Naan engu povathu. young MDs should get lession about how to bend (tamil) words to sound interesting

and my pick of this album is "Eeley" :thumbsup:

SoftSword
24th July 2008, 07:47 PM

Neeye neeye neeye illaiyael Na na na na Naan engu povathu. young MDs should get lession about how to bend (tamil) words to sound interesting

yes....
eley is churned out very well....

and what is ur opinion about the completely unconventional "i miss u da"

Yathu
24th July 2008, 11:11 PM

:lol: I appreciated Madhushree's voice just for you dude! :lol:

kutti_anand
24th July 2008, 11:21 PM

me too felt the Same..... That was a good creative one.....

Thalafanz
25th July 2008, 08:04 AM
Guys, can anyone translate the french chants from Taxi Taxi pls??? Thanks :)

dinesh2002
25th July 2008, 08:36 AM

:lol: I appreciated Madhushree's voice just for you dude! :lol:

:lol: :lol: ade paavi....

btw.... still cant come out of Marudhani's spell.... how can ARR compose such a brilliant score each and every time.... and this time Marudhani is just toooo goood....... the piano, his humming.... just kiling me.......

hope the picturisation doesnt 'kill' me too though :lol:

people who watched the picturisation during the audio launch, how was it? did anyone went??

arsaregama
25th July 2008, 10:44 AM
yeah a lot of computer graphics for a sad song..its abt the seperation and the pain between the lead pair.. something new to tamil cinema

dinesh2002
25th July 2008, 11:48 AM
yeah a lot of computer graphics for a sad song..its abt the seperation and the pain between the lead pair.. something new to tamil cinema

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

hope it was used propaly and a good computer graphic..... 8-)

A.ANAND
25th July 2008, 03:14 PM
taxi not introdusing song but climax song say's kalaprabu. :D

thineshan54321
25th July 2008, 07:06 PM
taxi not introdusing song but climax song say's kalaprabu. :D

like mustafa!!!

Wibha
26th July 2008, 01:07 AM
just listened to sakkarakatti songs :)

marudhaani :? madhushree again :sigh2:

Elay is really good :D

the others are good too

lyrics :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

ARR paatuku ippadi lyrics-ah :x :banghead:

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 06:27 AM
just listened to sakkarakatti songs :)

marudhaani :? madhushree again :sigh2:

Elay is really good :D

the others are good too

lyrics :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

ARR paatuku ippadi lyrics-ah :x :banghead:

whats so bad bout Madhushree in this song??? :evil:

Thalafanz
26th July 2008, 06:35 AM

I knew u would come :lol:

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 06:37 AM

I knew u would come :lol:

:lol: :lol: Engenge Madhushree peyar're varutho, angenge Dinesh irupan... :lol: :lol:

Wibha
26th July 2008, 09:39 AM

:lol: i was expecting you :P

her voice just gets on my nerves.....more of keech screaming than singing :cry2: :sigh2:

A.ANAND
26th July 2008, 10:05 AM
ethavathu kora sollikitte irukkanum!kora sollati thokkame varathu pola! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wibha
26th July 2008, 10:35 AM
ethavathu kora sollikitte irukkanum!kora sollati thokkame varathu pola! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

appadi enna kora solliteannu ippadi muttikareal :? :roll:

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 10:48 AM

:lol: i was expecting you :P

her voice just gets on my nerves.....more of keech screaming than singing :cry2: :sigh2:

What??? in this song she irritates u too?? Wibha, enna ma.... :lol: r u Sadhana Sargam's fan ??? :lol2:

According to all the reviews i read on Marudhani appreciated her allot [ from the people who condemn her b4, if u must know ]...

Why Wibha, Why???? :lol:

YESS ANAND... paavam yen Madhushree :cry: :huh:

Wibha
26th July 2008, 10:54 AM
What??? in this song she irritates u too?? Wibha, enna ma.... :lol: r u Sadhana Sargam's fan ??? :lol2:

According to all the reviews i read on Marudhani appreciated her allot [ from the people who condemn her b4, if u must know ]...

i'm not SS fan...i'm her admirer :) madhushree konjifies a lot while singing so it's really annoyng..........the one song of her's that i REALLYYY like is pal pal.....and her other songs are just whatever if not for ARR...she reminds me of one old singer whom i reallyy dislike :roll: :x

unga madhushree-ya :lol2: :P

A.ANAND
26th July 2008, 10:56 AM

why!unngalukku theriyatha???

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 11:04 AM

i'm not SS fan...i'm her admirer :) madhushree konjifies a lot while singing so it's really annoyng..........the one song of her's that i REALLYYY like is pal pal.....and her other songs are just whatever if not for ARR...she reminds me of one old singer whom i reallyy dislike :roll: :x

unga madhushree-ya :lol2: :P

Wibha.... who la.... i know Madhushree sounds like SS abit... but old singer?? :? dun tell me Lata Mangeshkar :lol: :lol: ... i feel SS sounds more like LM... SS is like LM of Current Times... XEROX voice... exactly the same voice like LM when LM was younger...

Yes Wibha, Madhushree konjifies allot.... thats one of her strength which no other singers has... :D... maybe a guy will appriciate her voice more becoz of the konjuraning no?? ;)

YESSSS .... yen Madhushree...!!! :twisted: not in a wrong way :lol: , but yea... im an adimai for her voice.... 8-)

Wibha
26th July 2008, 11:07 AM

why!unngalukku theriyatha???

teriyala nu dhaan kekarean!!

Wibha
26th July 2008, 11:10 AM
Wibha.... who la.... i know Madhushree sounds like SS abit... but old singer?? :? dun tell me Lata Mangeshkar :lol: :lol: ... i feel SS sounds more like LM... SS is like LM of Current Times... XEROX voice... exactly the same voice like LM when LM was younger...

Yes Wibha, Madhushree konjifies allot.... thats one of her strength which no other singers has... :D... maybe a guy will appriciate her voice more becoz of the konjuraning no?? ;)
LM and S.Janaki.......a mixture of both........both of them konjify,both of them get a fake voice after a certain pitch :sigh2:

SS has a good high note. she doesn't start squeaking.....madhushree squeaks a little when the note is too high :)

and yea probably it's a guy thing :? to like konjing voices :roll:

YESSSS .... yen Madhushree...!!! :twisted: not in a wrong way :lol: , but yea... im an adimai for her voice.... 8-)

okay :D :lol:

A.ANAND
26th July 2008, 11:12 AM
madhusri pottu intha vanngu vangarinagle atha sonnen! :lol: [dinesh :evil: haha..haa..]antha ponnu ippathan urupadiya etho oru song paadi irukku-innu santhosa patta,nennga vera!

Wibha
26th July 2008, 11:19 AM
madhusri pottu intha vanngu vangarinagle atha sonnen! :lol: [dinesh :evil: haha..haa..]antha ponnu ippathan urupadiya etho oru song paadi irukku-innu santhosa patta,nennga vera!

:rotfl: :rotfl: seri inimeal unmaiya solla maatean.manichukonga :P :lol:

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 11:36 AM

ade paavingala...... Drogis..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ellam poramai la ungalakke.... hahaha...

Anand, Madhushree is a great singer pa... this is not the only song she has sung beautifully..... u should listen to her private album tracks.... HEAVEN.... :)

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 03:02 PM
Any updates on SK's audio sales????

ansa400
26th July 2008, 03:09 PM
Im findin it difficult to place the best song from the 3 tracks Marudhani, Taxi Taxi and I miss u da....

Everytime I listen to MArudhani, think this is the best track..... then when I listen to the other 2 songs I feel tht is the best. :?

I would place "I miss u da" slightly above the other 2 as its a very difficult and unusual composition. The lyrics are not top class but certainly one can easily relate to....Its hard to believe chinmaye has sung the song... :thumbsup:

Yathu
26th July 2008, 07:39 PM
[tscii:13ba7d26d8]'Sakkarakatti' to storm theaters soon
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, July 26, 2008]

Debutant director Kalaprabhu is busy with the post-production works for ‘Sakkarakatti’, a movie which marks the debut of director-actor Bhagyaraj's son Shanthanoo on the silver screen as hero.

Kalaprabhu, son of producer Kalaipuli S Thanu, says, “It is a stylish film”.

'Romance plays a major part of the film involving three prominent characters – Shanthanoo, Ishitha and Vedika. It would be a different film in Tamil cinema'.

On his experience working with A R Rahman for the film, Kalaprbahu says, 'I narrated the story to him for over an hour. He listened to it patiently and finally agreed to do the film. Rahman is a soft natured human being, but then he becomes tough when it comes to work. He agrees for a tune only after several attempts.'

'Shanthanoo is good friend of mine. He has performed with ease and so have my lead heroines. Post-production would be completed soon and the movie would be released as soon as possible', he adds.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/40235.html

[/tscii:13ba7d26d8]

A.ANAND
26th July 2008, 07:46 PM

ade paavingala...... Drogis..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ellam poramai la ungalakke.... hahaha...

Anand, Madhushree is a great singer pa... this is not the only song she has sung beautifully..... u should listen to her private album tracks.... HEAVEN.... :)
dinesh!i'm not hate him!she is good singer also.but i hate his tamil diction[ucharippu] only :( atha mattum konjam sari pannita pothum! :D

Anant
26th July 2008, 08:39 PM

dinesh!i'm not hate him!she is good singer also.but i hate his tamil diction[ucharippu] only :( atha mattum konjam sari pannita pothum! :D

i love madhushree and i think no 1 else could have sung the song better, and for the diction, i think she worked a lot on it, and has improved 2 a great extent, :2thumbsup: madhuuu :P

dinesh2002
26th July 2008, 09:23 PM

i love madhushree and i think no 1 else could have sung the song better, and for the diction, i think she worked a lot on it, and has improved 2 a great extent, :2thumbsup: madhuuu :P

Anand, i agree with u. Some her songs had poor Tamil diction... no doubt.... but Marudhani was good... and people still dun like her surprised me.... :D avalavuthan...

Anant... yaare pa nee... yen pozhappule manne vaari podhure.... Madhushree is MINE!!!!!!!
:twisted: :lol:

Just kidding..... lol..... its good to see another Tamil guy loving her voice...welcome to the club bro... :D

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 08:49 AM

Anand, i agree with u. Some her songs had poor Tamil diction... no doubt.... but Marudhani was good... and people still dun like her surprised me.... :D avalavuthan...

Anant... yaare pa nee... yen pozhappule manne vaari podhure.... Madhushree is MINE!!!!!!!

Just kidding..... lol..... its good to see another Tamil guy loving her voice...welcome to the club bro... :D

i too love madushree;s voice. if i remember right, i think i told you how i initially thought madushrees voice was that of a flute when she first came in in inlamhoke. even in mayilirage (with horrible diction), i loved her voice. the only song (arrs tamil) that i hated her voice was in sanda kozhi (i dunno why but when i hear that song, it just doesnt enter my ears). neways madushree is awesome and i encourage her to take tamil lessons. dinesh, un blogla itha patti ethaachu eluthudaa. she will see it and surely take it positively.

A.ANAND
27th July 2008, 11:45 AM
Ayyyooooooo!ayoooooooo!!madhusri...madhusri :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: pothompa vidunngapa!thanngamudila!!!aluthuruven :cry3:

Anant
27th July 2008, 01:17 PM

i too love madushree;s voice. if i remember right, i think i told you how i initially thought madushrees voice was that of a flute when she first came in in inlamhoke. even in mayilirage (with horrible diction), i loved her voice. the only song (arrs tamil) that i hated her voice was in sanda kozhi (i dunno why but when i hear that song, it just doesnt enter my ears). neways madushree is awesome and i encourage her to take tamil lessons. dinesh, un blogla itha patti ethaachu eluthudaa. she will see it and surely take it positively.

The prelude of mayilirage when she hums mmm... is the best !! awesome !! :notworthy:

prasana84
27th July 2008, 01:33 PM
Ayyyooooooo!ayoooooooo!!madhusri...madhusri :cry3: :cry3: :cry3: pothompa vidunngapa!thanngamudila!!!aluthuruven :cry3:
Evanga vidara mathiri theriyala nan entha forumma vittu velinadai seirain :lol:

dinesh2002
27th July 2008, 03:04 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ok ok Anand.... I hope i wont bring out Madhushree's discussion again here....

but no guarantee la... :lol:

dinesh2002
27th July 2008, 04:04 PM

The prelude of mayilirage when she hums mmm... is the best !! awesome !! :notworthy:

ohh yes that 1.... im not sure if many of u guys know this, but i think i read somewhere that for that humming, Madhushree did many variations, but ARR was not happy with those. It was getting very late and ARR was declining many of Madhushree's style for quite sometime... then Madhushree just hummed it in a very childish way in order to irritate ARR becoz she was getting tired :lol: ... and to her surprise ARR was satisfied with it.... :P

ARR...truly unpredictable... :D

prasana84
27th July 2008, 08:35 PM
Taxi taxi - wat a youthful number. this song reminds me of chikku bukku rahman. the best song of the movie followed by elay and maruthani.

arsaregama
27th July 2008, 09:27 PM
Sakkarakatti surpasses kuselan and saroja in audio sales and is far ahead.

press release

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 10:22 PM

press release

that was expected. i listened to both albums and clearly sakarakatti is miles ahead. so in terms of audio sales sakarakatti is the winner without movie influences. now it all depends on movies. also kuselan should have been mmiles ahead just because of the rajni factor. but i guess arr overpowers em all. where is the source arsaregama?

prasana84
27th July 2008, 11:17 PM

press release

that was expected. i listened to both albums and clearly sakarakatti is miles ahead. so in terms of audio sales sakarakatti is the winner without movie influences. now it all depends on movies. also kuselan should have been mmiles ahead just because of the rajni factor. but i guess arr overpowers em all. where is the source arsaregama?
This album is far better than satyam and sajora.

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 11:19 PM

press release

kuselan?

prasana84
27th July 2008, 11:23 PM

press release

kuselan?
Ethellam nan sollithan theriyanuma...
sakarakatti - Best tamil album of 2008...
But kuselan is good.

thineshan54321
27th July 2008, 11:51 PM

press release

kuselan?
Ethellam nan sollithan theriyanuma...
sakarakatti - Best tamil album of 2008...
But kuselan is good.

hehe. kuselan is a good album only if rajni wasnt associated with it. there is no punch in this album. whatever i got sakarakatti and so all else doesnt matter. hehe

dinesh2002
28th July 2008, 06:04 AM

press release

wow.... thats awesome.... what bout Sathyam, normally Harris albums does well too in the market...

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 06:49 AM

press release

wow.... thats awesome.... what bout Sathyam, normally Harris albums does well too in the market...
harris ayya-vukku sarakku ippo konjam konjama kaali aagittu irukku!ippadiye pona mendum keyboad player-ra rahman kuda poga vendiyathuthan :lol: intha 'cop story musician'

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 07:21 AM
dinesh!THR RAAGAla sakkarakatti song pogutha illaya??minnal fm la pottu kalakaranga!thr raaga ippa 'anti arr'marikittu varuthu.ippa rendu female 'koranngu '[meena kumari,nisha]vanthu arr songs ellam orang katti HJ songs sa pottu santhosa padaraluga
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: namma malaysia arr fans boikot pannanum intha rendu female[anti arr] rj-va :oops:

thineshan54321
28th July 2008, 08:44 AM
dinesh!THR RAAGAla sakkarakatti song pogutha illaya??minnal fm la pottu kalakaranga!thr raaga ippa 'anti arr'marikittu varuthu.ippa rendu female 'koranngu '[meena kumari,nisha]vanthu arr songs ellam orang katti HJ songs sa pottu santhosa padaraluga
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: namma malaysia arr fans boikot pannanum intha rendu female[anti arr] rj-va :oops:

enna karumam aavathu senju muthala antha sengurangungala kaatukku anupunga please. radio station vachirukurathu avangalukku pudicha paatu podava? makkalukku pidachatha podonum. boycott them.

dinesh2002
28th July 2008, 10:49 AM

Anand, i hardly listen to THR.. the times i hear THR is during morning, say 9-10am... and that time i do hear ARR songs getting played....
ohh...these gals r anti-arr??? :shock: ... Anand, do u have their email id....??? u know last time THR had this rj Selvi?? she is hardcore HJ fan and alwiz plays his songs and ignores ARR songs... sometimes she plays ARR songs but not full..... i got her email id from THR website and gave her a peace of mind... and after that she played ARR songs often... but dunno what happen then she is no more in THR.... :P

Ippe intha mondre pengal'lakke aape vepoma?? :D ... we all send email to them bashing them up nicely :P.... any other Msians here???

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 12:48 PM
dinesh u know!selvi-ikku naanum email pannen!she reply my mail.10 masathukku munnala.[trust me]i say 'u is anti arr'??she reply 'who say!i'm great fan of arr ya'

muthal-la athukku meendum oru mail podu!naama yaarunnu kattuvom avalgalukku!

Mahen
28th July 2008, 03:33 PM

Anand, i dont think the songs selection are in their hands..Ellam producer kayil iruku..The producer will decide the song selection for the whole day..The djs just cant pick a song and play whatver they like(i may be wrong)...
Hows raaga top ten chart?Missed it last week... :(
Btw, did u guys hear saroja?Not bad...Im absoutely loving aja mere soniye, my life and dosth bada dhosth

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 04:02 PM

Anand, i dont think the songs selection are in their hands..Ellam producer kayil iruku..The producer will decide the song selection for the whole day..The djs just cant pick a song and play whatver they like(i may be wrong)...
Hows raaga top ten chart?Missed it last week... :(
Btw, did u guys hear saroja?Not bad...Im absoutely loving aja mere soniye, my life and dosth bada dhosth

we are not 'anti hj'but hj ikku kodukkira mukkiyathuvam,yen arr songs ikku kodupathillai!why! :roll: naan ella rj's yum sollala.most female rj's like meena kumari.visha and selvi ivannga panra aniyayan than thangga mudila!1 hour-la 5-6 songs hj song.1 song arr song :oops: [ithu enna koduma]
athukkuthan namma arr malaysia fans ellam senthu ithukku ethavathu oru vali pannanum!

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 04:04 PM
mahen,i dont think all program song sellection by the producer!

A.ANAND
28th July 2008, 06:58 PM
Musicians happy
As far as Indian cinema is concerned, music is its signature.

The list of films that ran mostly for its music is endless. To say that the song "vaalameen...." in a large way contributed to the success of 'Chithiram Pesudhadi' would be no exaggeration.

Because of TV, FM stations and the Internet, audio sales have been greatly affected in recent times. Young composers seem to have tackled the problem. Himesh Reshamiyya's songs for 'Dasavataram' have been greatly welcomed by fans. The audio sales alone come to a few crores.

In just one day, 2 lakh audio of 'Kuselan' songs composed by G V Prakash were sold and created a record. The audio of Harris Jayaraj's 'Dhaam Dhoom,' 'Vaaranam Aayiram' and 'Sathyam' have all been sold for a good price. The hot favorite of youngsters now is Yuvan's 'Saroja' songs. Vijay Antony's 'Kadhalil Vizhundein,' Vidyasagar's 'Raman Thediya Seethai' are also giving good profits.

Ilayaraja's 'Dhanam' songs are being released today and there is great expectation of it. Nowadays it is easy for people to download music from the Internet. At such a time, when audio sales are doing so well, it only speaks for the brilliance of the music composers.

ITHUKKU PERUTHAN VAITHERICHALO! :lol: SAKKARAKATI INNU ORU AUDIO RELEASE ANATHE THERIYATHA CINESOUTH.COM-KU!SIFY.COM ODA VIATHI INGAYUM OTIKICHU POLA!

dinesh2002
28th July 2008, 07:32 PM
Musicians happy

The list of films that ran mostly for its music is endless. To say that the song "vaalameen...." in a large way contributed to the success of 'Chithiram Pesudhadi' would be no exaggeration.

Because of TV, FM stations and the Internet, audio sales have been greatly affected in recent times. Young composers seem to have tackled the problem. Himesh Reshamiyya's songs for 'Dasavataram' have been greatly welcomed by fans. The audio sales alone come to a few crores.

In just one day, 2 lakh audio of 'Kuselan' songs composed by G V Prakash were sold and created a record. The audio of Harris Jayaraj's 'Dhaam Dhoom,' 'Vaaranam Aayiram' and 'Sathyam' have all been sold for a good price. The hot favorite of youngsters now is Yuvan's 'Saroja' songs. Vijay Antony's 'Kadhalil Vizhundein,' Vidyasagar's 'Raman Thediya Seethai' are also giving good profits.

Ilayaraja's 'Dhanam' songs are being released today and there is great expectation of it. Nowadays it is easy for people to download music from the Internet. At such a time, when audio sales are doing so well, it only speaks for the brilliance of the music composers.

ITHUKKU PERUTHAN VAITHERICHALO! :lol: SAKKARAKATI INNU ORU AUDIO RELEASE ANATHE THERIYATHA CINESOUTH.COM-KU!SIFY.COM ODA VIATHI INGAYUM OTIKICHU POLA!

wth...????????? how can they not mention Sakarakatti... :shock:.. this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!

prasana84
28th July 2008, 08:34 PM
Musicians happy

wth...????????? how can they not mention Sakarakatti... :shock:.. this is too much!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know abt other places but in chennai taxi taxi is played everywhere which means the song is super hit. also please someone get the info abt sakarakatti audio sales im sure it will overtake all the other.

kutti_anand
28th July 2008, 11:08 PM
In Coimbatore, out of 4 to 5 FMs, i heard Sakkarakatti songs in any of the FM at anytime. I'd have tuned in to FM atleast 5 to 6 times on saturday and to my surprise, in any of the FM there was Sakkarakatti song.... I think Chinnamma thaan hit among the masses.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th July 2008, 11:24 AM
Sakkarakatti - :thumbsup: Album of the Year

A.ANAND
29th July 2008, 12:13 PM
engga iruthu'yya kelabarangga! :lol: paasakara paya pullaiya irukkanga! :lol:

dinesh2002
29th July 2008, 05:04 PM

am i reading this right???? SKV saying this???? :P

A.ANAND
29th July 2008, 07:25 PM
dinesh,have u send the email to thr??

dinesh2002
29th July 2008, 09:00 PM
dinesh,have u send the email to thr??

yes anand... sent.... ive sent in in a very official way, lets see if she shows any changes or not, if she still being the same , then ill mail her in a very 'koovem' way :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th July 2008, 10:41 PM

whats so wrong? or u worried that i didnt say kuselan??

dinesh2002
30th July 2008, 05:21 AM

whats so wrong? or u worried that i didnt say kuselan??

i was assuming ur going to say Saroja... athan :lol:

Thalafanz
30th July 2008, 06:18 AM

Anand, i hardly listen to THR.. the times i hear THR is during morning, say 9-10am... and that time i do hear ARR songs getting played....
ohh...these gals r anti-arr??? :shock: ... Anand, do u have their email id....??? u know last time THR had this rj Selvi?? she is hardcore HJ fan and alwiz plays his songs and ignores ARR songs... sometimes she plays ARR songs but not full..... i got her email id from THR website and gave her a peace of mind... and after that she played ARR songs often... but dunno what happen then she is no more in THR.... :P

Ippe intha mondre pengal'lakke aape vepoma?? :D ... we all send email to them bashing them up nicely :P.... any other Msians here???

Yep, I'm with u man. :)
PM me her email id. Thanks.

A.ANAND
30th July 2008, 06:42 AM

Yep, I'm with u man. :)
PM me her email id. Thanks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: thank u sir!open your inbox PM!

A.ANAND
30th July 2008, 06:59 AM
Tamil nesan,Malaysia Nanban and Makkal Osai ippadi ella news paper-layum itha patti complain pannaporen!yes i'm very serious! :oops: ithukku oru vali pannama vida porathilla!

Thalafanz
30th July 2008, 07:15 AM
Tamil nesan,Malaysia Nanban and Makkal Osai ippadi ella news paper-layum itha patti complain pannaporen!yes i'm very serious! :oops: ithukku oru vali pannama vida porathilla!

U serious??? U got contacts for Tamil nesan,Malaysia Nanban and Makkal Osai???

A.ANAND
30th July 2008, 07:43 AM
see the last page of all news paper.u will find a telefon number and fax number!

united07
30th July 2008, 09:53 AM
Do we have to resort to this?

Is this what ARR's music needed nowadays? Force a radio station to play his music?

C'mon guys....if THR are not playing the songs its their lost. They are the ones loosing out on listeners not our beloved ARR.

Please refrain from doing this......this will tarnish peace-loving ARR and his music...

A.ANAND
30th July 2008, 11:10 AM
Do we have to resort to this?

Is this what ARR's music needed nowadays? Force a radio station to play his music?

C'mon guys....if THR are not playing the songs its their lost. They are the ones loosing out on listeners not our beloved ARR.

Please refrain from doing this......this will tarnish peace-loving ARR and his music...
eppadiye 'swamigal' mathiri mattum pesitu pongga :oops: aana suppot mattum pannathinga.naanga enna bomb blast-ta panna sollarum.
we just send messanges with rit way but not force a radio station.
entha actor-kagavum innga sanda pottu adichkila.ella md song songs -sum podarangga.why arr song mattum ippadi othukkaranga!??india-la-kuda ipadi illaye!ithu ennamo venumunne 'sabotaj' pannra mathiri thonuthu!

united07
30th July 2008, 11:20 AM
Anand saar....

honestly....their song selections is good. Coz, thats the only radio station that plays 2 - 3 ARR songs (from all his movies) every hour consistently. I don't see other radio stations doing this, including Singapore radio.

By the way, from what I know....THR song selection have been preselected by a system not the DJ's preference.....if you notice...there are no more song request segment..there is only song dedication segment.

So, i guess no dj's are doing it intentionally....but if you still want to proceed...then go ahead bro..

Naan taniya unna virutham irunthikiren! (he he he like Rajni did when Kaveri tanni problem)

:)

A.ANAND
30th July 2008, 11:37 AM
Naan taniya unna virutham irunthikiren! (he he he like Rajni did when Kaveri tanni problem)

paathinngla!neggalum unna virutham irukara alavukku ottukitinnga.appa neengale ottukirel!illaya! :lol:
etho enggaloda chinna muyarchi!just see wat happening.

ThalaNass
30th July 2008, 03:04 PM
Haha anandh :D pm me their emaid ID .. I also want to bash 'em :evil: :twisted:

prasana84
30th July 2008, 07:39 PM
ok guys back to sakarakatti :confused2:

kutti_anand
31st July 2008, 01:07 AM
I asked whats that Sony contract that prevented ARR from singing for Yuvan's chennai 28 and saroja?

A.ANAND
31st July 2008, 06:05 AM
Haha anandh :D pm me their emaid ID .. I also want to bash 'em :evil: :twisted:
thank u 4 support sir! :D i wiil post u later!

A.ANAND
31st July 2008, 10:11 AM
I asked whats that Sony contract that prevented ARR from singing for Yuvan's chennai 28 and saroja?
sony contract innu onnum illai sir!matta md music-la sing pandrathala iruthu escape aaga namma thala potta bit than athu :lol:

SoftSword
31st July 2008, 11:56 AM
sony contract innu onnum illai sir!matta md music-la sing pandrathala iruthu escape aaga namma thala potta bit than athu :lol:

i don think he is a person of that kind...
there must be really some reason....

A.ANAND
1st August 2008, 08:15 AM
good news!sakkarakatti audio doing good bisness say's managing director of sony bgm
in audio launch 'raman thediya seethai'

he say"we are sony bgm group excited the success of dasavatharam and sakkaraktti not in india but all over the world" :2thumbsup:

jaaze
1st August 2008, 09:33 PM
Anand saar....

honestly....their song selections is good. Coz, thats the only radio station that plays 2 - 3 ARR songs (from all his movies) every hour consistently. I don't see other radio stations doing this, including Singapore radio.

By the way, from what I know....THR song selection have been preselected by a system not the DJ's preference.....if you notice...there are no more song request segment..there is only song dedication segment.

So, i guess no dj's are doing it intentionally....but if you still want to proceed...then go ahead bro..

yeah man
THR song selection is much better than Singapore Oli
much2 better

A.ANAND
2nd August 2008, 10:43 AM
Anand saar....

yeah man
THR song selection is much better than Singapore Oli
much2 better
appa neenga ethavum complain pannarathe illaya!eppadiye solli kittu irutha eppadi sir :oops: ethavathu pannanum!

coucou
3rd August 2008, 03:41 PM
[tscii:69bc544fc9]There is no stopping A R Rahman. There is no beating A R Rahman. He is a master musician who has set his own school of music. Every time he makes us smile creating new sounds and experimenting with varied musical outings. With every new offering he outdoes his previous work. For 'Sakkarakatti' he comes with an assorted mix - melody, hip-hop and peppy songs with a youthful feel. Along with Kalaprabhu he has created music for the film that will certainly enchant the listeners.

You just have to listen to the songs once and get glued to them forever. This music album is certainly going to be one among his good works. Taxi, Chinamma will scorch the charts.

Chinmayee sets out with an erotic number ‘I Miss You Da’. Composed brilliantly the track has an enigmatic feel. The harmony and musical interludes are awesome. A kind of number that will stay with you for long.

‘Chinnamma Jhalak UN Nenjil’ sounds reminiscent to Rahman's Chinamma song in 'Meenaxi'. Benny Dayal’s attractive rendition and the pace of the song make it an enjoyable score. The lyrics are in sync with the mood of the track.

Soul soothing music arrives with ‘Elay Ulagam’ in the vocals of Krish and Harish. For this foot-tapping number, violin and the guitars contribute mainly. The singers’ energetic voice adds charm to the track. This is song will soon turn to be an anthem among the youth.

Another brilliant composition follows with ‘Naan Eppodhu’. The uniqueness of the track lies in the amalgamation of different sounds like veena and guitar with rhythm and catchy interludes. A praiseworthy work coming from Rahman.

Get jiggy with ‘Taxi Taxi’. A foot tapping number, this one comes from Benny, Blaze and Vion. The singers deliver a stylish rendition for this energetic number. The kind of music will certainly kick off majorly with the college culture.

The album wraps up with an awesome melodic number ‘Marudhaani’ coming from maestro Rahman. A sweet and soothing number this one relies more on the vocals of Madhushree and Rahman with less instrumentation. Rahman as a singer is fantastic and as a composer he tries his hands in something novel.

Rahman has delivered a very sweet and melodic album with all the tracks sounding fresh.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/9769/0/
[/tscii:69bc544fc9]

MusicIsLife
6th August 2008, 09:26 PM
I love Taxi/Taxi and the Elay (not heard others). I was listening to Porale Ponnuthai and other old melodies gems of ARR. in recent times i have come to believe that ARR is the best in the industry and only person who could revive and revitalize with energetic, fresh and different music
Ex: Ada, Jaanee Tu ...., now Sakkarakati!!

MADDY
6th August 2008, 09:30 PM
I love Taxi/Taxi and the Elay (not heard others). I was listening to Porale Ponnuthai and other old melodies gems of ARR. in recent times i have come to believe that ARR is the best in the industry and only person who could revive and revitalize with energetic, fresh and different music
Ex: Ada, Jaanee Tu ...., now Sakkarakati!!

Hi MIL.....hows u?? nice to see u commenting for sakkarakatti.........

//how do u rate Ada?? i'm going nuts for it//end disgr//

music man
6th August 2008, 11:17 PM
Hi friends!!!! Here is my review on Sakkarakatti....

Romba late thaan....Konjam adjust pannikonga.

http://tamizh-isai.blogspot.com/

MusicIsLife
7th August 2008, 02:52 AM
Hey Maddy,
Hope all is well, i have been here in the forum far and in between.
I love ADA and Jaaan... movies, They are mellifluous, gr8 and awesome.
I did comment on these two movies on their respective forums. But Sakkarakati was just a amazing surprise, until today i did not listen to both the songs, i had it on random in my Jeep, and was driving doing a long distance drive to North Jersey, simply astounded by the music, the flow, melody and vibrancy, i can keep adding on it, but you get it.
ADA and Jaane.. people in hindi should start listening to these movies songs (Jaane... BGM was mindblowing) and prefer to do something different
But the swashbuckling surprise to me was Rock On!! by SEL (this tickled my very high affection towards Hard Rock Music).
Love it and will hear these songs over & over again.

Have you heard the group called "Strings" they are from pakistan, have awesome music, their Koi Aane Waala Hai is awesome.

Hopefully the director makes use of these songs and brings out the youthful feel (like how Shankar did for Gentleman and Kaadhalan).

You take care, write sometimes. if you are in US, just send a note!!, we will meet up.

MusicIsLife
7th August 2008, 02:54 AM
MADDY
Ada/JNTY.. i would rate 9/10 and 10/10 for the quality, range, and freshness to the music.

prasana84
7th August 2008, 06:58 PM
MADDY
Ada/JNTY.. i would rate 9/10 and 10/10 for the quality, range, and freshness to the music.

Ada is the best album 9/10 :shock:

dinesh2002
7th August 2008, 07:46 PM
ei why.... people.... SAKARAKATTI thread... come back to the topic...!!! :lol:

MusicIsLife
7th August 2008, 08:27 PM
Prasana84, it is a personal liking towards some of the music variations that went with Ada/JNTY.. so dont take my word for it.

Yes sorry dinesh for the digression (just got distracted by the beauty of those 2 albums).

prasana84
7th August 2008, 08:29 PM
i really don't like to compare ada n sakarakatti b'coz they are of diff genre. jntjn is a decent album with beautiful music. this taxi taxi song is making me mad... daily im hearing this song at least 25 times... still want to hear moreee

MusicIsLife
8th August 2008, 08:58 PM
Prasana84,
I am not comparing Sakarakatti to anyother album
Just was replying to MADDY, sorry if it led you to believe i was comparing. I should have put digression while answering the question.

I love the two songs neways.

kutti_anand
9th August 2008, 01:39 AM

SOngs ellam romba anubavichu ezhudhi irukeenga pola....... kalakareengo......

coucou
9th August 2008, 02:44 AM
When sakarakatti movie release?? Anyone has an idea? :roll:

Mahen
9th August 2008, 07:08 AM
When sakarakatti movie release?? Anyone has an idea? :roll:

Tentative release date aug22

prasana84
9th August 2008, 11:12 AM
Prasana84,
I am not comparing Sakarakatti to anyother album
Just was replying to MADDY, sorry if it led you to believe i was comparing. I should have put digression while answering the question.

I love the two songs neways.

No no i was not referring u, just explaining the magic of arr songs...

music man
10th August 2008, 08:42 AM

SOngs ellam romba anubavichu ezhudhi irukeenga pola....... kalakareengo......

Thanks Anand..........

prasana84
10th August 2008, 02:57 PM
Rahman has finally fooled his fans in saroja audio release. He said he is a great fan of yuvan. being a rajini fan i was irritated badly by his decisions this also happens with arr now. in forums ir fans saying arr himself declares that raja is raja and u1 is the prince of music. This kind of things is hurting badly its like rajini saying im a great fan of simbu. Being a fan to these ppl is the biggest sin. arr fans sucks

//disgr//exactly my thoughts.......ARR, sorry, needs a good PRO - even his thiruvasagam support to IR was unneccessary........there were so many controversies surrounding that project and ARR taking a stand in favor of IR clearly upset many like the father who lost money on it........

though i feel U1 deserves such accolades, unfortunately ARR-IR fights have a very big history which wont disappear overnight.......yesterday, i felt like slapped hard by rahman......yaarukaaga ivalavu naalu naanga ellam sanda potttom??? edhukaaga?? chaaaaa....anyways, as thineshan pointed out, we shuld let it go, otherwise, it will suffocate us badly......but one more such statement from ARR, he will lose one of his earliest fans :) (big deal anyways) //end disgr//
Saw the show in kalangnar tv. Ar rahman just wishing the team and said two lines about yuvan. athukulla entha media like behindwoods started publishing like rahman a great fan of u1. evanga ellam yepa thiruntha poranga. and ir fans started to celebrate in forums:lol: finally today every1 got the answer. rahman speech was very decent.

Nerd
11th August 2008, 12:21 AM
Paper Ads have only Rahmans picture in them :shock: :clap:
http://i36.tinypic.com/24wc4nb.jpg

Ramakrishna
11th August 2008, 12:27 AM

Kalaprabhu is an ARR fanatic :)

A.ANAND
11th August 2008, 09:25 AM
Rahman has finally fooled his fans in saroja audio release. He said he is a great fan of yuvan. being a rajini fan i was irritated badly by his decisions this also happens with arr now. in forums ir fans saying arr himself declares that raja is raja and u1 is the prince of music. This kind of things is hurting badly its like rajini saying im a great fan of simbu. Being a fan to these ppl is the biggest sin. arr fans sucks

//disgr//exactly my thoughts.......ARR, sorry, needs a good PRO - even his thiruvasagam support to IR was unneccessary........there were so many controversies surrounding that project and ARR taking a stand in favor of IR clearly upset many like the father who lost money on it........

though i feel U1 deserves such accolades, unfortunately ARR-IR fights have a very big history which wont disappear overnight.......yesterday, i felt like slapped hard by rahman......yaarukaaga ivalavu naalu naanga ellam sanda potttom??? edhukaaga?? chaaaaa....anyways, as thineshan pointed out, we shuld let it go, otherwise, it will suffocate us badly......but one more such statement from ARR, he will lose one of his earliest fans :) (big deal anyways) //end disgr//
Saw the show in kalangnar tv. Ar rahman just wishing the team and said two lines about yuvan. athukulla entha media like behindwoods started publishing like rahman a great fan of u1. evanga ellam yepa thiruntha poranga. and ir fans started to celebrate in forums:lol: finally today every1 got the answer. rahman speech was very decent.

eppadi ellam peethiya kelapparanga parunngai'yya!lolprasana sir,u have link to see the show??

A.ANAND
11th August 2008, 09:28 AM

anthan avangga father-re[thanu]certificate kodututare,audio launch funtion-la 'ivan sariyana rahman paithiyam'innu :D

kutti_anand
12th August 2008, 12:40 AM

anthan avangga father-re[thanu]certificate kodututare,audio launch funtion-la 'ivan sariyana rahman paithiyam'innu :D

Post-Sakkarakatti, ARR has made many others his paithiyam....

kutti_anand
12th August 2008, 12:41 AM
I'm in office now, listening to Varaaga Nadhikarayoram from Sangamam..... Yabba saami..... Enna oru song.... evergreen piece......

Nenju dhaku dhaku dhakunguthu.....
Ulla dhikku dhikku dhikkunguthu.....

sat_srini
12th August 2008, 04:56 AM
[tscii:cee4175d50]The release of the movie is said to have been delayed…

We did not want to hurry things up as we had to look into everything. The reports that it was because of A.R.Rahman are just baseless rumours. In fact, the song sequences were done six month before the shooting began.

Not every body gets a chance to work with AR Rahman in their very first movie. How does it feel to be associated with a great man like him?

It feels awesome. It is a dream come true. Where most of the new-comers struggle to work with tycoons like him, I got a chance to work with him in my very first movie! And undoubtedly the music is hitting the charts.

http://www.goergo.in/?p=2053[/tscii:cee4175d50]

lancelot
12th August 2008, 10:03 AM
very sorry for posting this here... but is there any1 here who lives in India and has IT knowledge? i need to find some details. pls help.. IM me

thank you so much
sorry again for posting this here

sat_srini
13th August 2008, 03:53 AM
[tscii:edb065d783] Taxi, taxi… again!

As A. R. Rahman’s score ‘Taxi Taxi’ tops the charts, Sakkarakatti’s crew re-shoots the song with BlaaZe, Shantanoo and French models at Perambur

Imagine re-shooting a song with a totally new look. Well, when A. R. Rahman’s score for “Sakkarakatti” was declared a hit after its release by Sony BMG, V Creations, the producers of the film decided to re-shoot the song “Taxi Taxi…”

The song that’s topping retail charts, radio play lists and ring tone downloads, was re-framed over the weekend with Rap ace BlaaZe, the film’s hero Shantanoo Bhagyaraj and five French models at Perambur. The film, besides its fresh cast, will also bring to the fore a new directorial talent — Kalaa Prabhu, son of producer Kalaipuli S. Thanu.

“Sakkarakatti” has already sold over 1 lakh units. That, despite the audio release of much-hyped films such as “Kuselan”, “Sathyam” and “Saroja.”

“The re-shot version of ‘Taxi Taxi’… will hit music channels by the end of this month, ahead of the release of the film,” says Nandini Raman, marketing head, Sony BMG.

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/08/13/stories/2008081350030100.htm[/tscii:edb065d783]

A.ANAND
13th August 2008, 03:43 PM
ISAI PUYAL INNA CHUMMAVA??? :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
13th August 2008, 05:58 PM
Interview with the Boys of Sakarakatti...

http://sivajitv.com/Item.do?category=ct000005&id=it000445

prasana84
13th August 2008, 07:50 PM
[tscii:5c905a470e]on galatta.com

Taxi song re-shot

Prasanna Singh [August 13, 2008, 12:24:18 PM]

The song ‘Taxi Taxi’ composed by A.R. Rahman for Sakkarakatti, the debut film of Shanthnoo Bhagyaraj, has become a chartbuster and is ubiquitous these days; the song can be heard anywhere you go in Tamil Nadu. The song’s popularity has soared so high that the producers of Sakkarakatti thought the music track overshadows the visual and therefore decided to re-shoot the visual. Last weekend, the song was re-shot with Shanthnoo, Blaaze, and five French models at the defunct B&C Mills in Perambur. This newly-shot song will be aired on music channels pretty soon.

The audio of Sakkarakatti, which is composed by A.R. Rahman, is selling like hot cakes ever since it was launched. It has lived up to the advertisement which said A.R. Rahman’s music in this film will evoke the same feeling that everyone had when they listened to him for the first time in Roja. The audio’s popularity is evident from its stunning sales amidst big-time audio releases like Satyam and Kuselan.[/tscii:5c905a470e]

coucou
13th August 2008, 10:06 PM
Interview with the Boys of Sakarakatti...

http://sivajitv.com/Item.do?category=ct000005&id=it000445

good interview

MADDY
15th August 2008, 03:18 PM
saw sakkarakkatti audio launch function on KTV today......they showed video clippings of songs.......taxi taxi and marudhaani looked brilliant.........chinnamma and miss you da were ok.....i now have some hope from the movie :)

coucou
15th August 2008, 03:54 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/aravind_am/Sak-Ad1.jpg

Rocking add 8-)

A.ANAND
15th August 2008, 03:55 PM
[tscii:ce1783f905]Taxi Taxi reshoot
IndiaGlitz [Friday, August 15, 2008]

A R Rahman's hit number Taxi..Taxi...in 'Sakkarakatti' has been reshoot now.

The song has been declared a big hit and is catching the imagination of youth across the State. V Creations, the producers of the film decided to re-shoot the song Taxi Taxi…

It has been re-framed rapper Blaaze and was shot starring Shantanoo and five French models at Perambur Binny Mills. Kalaa Prabhu, son of producer Kalaipuli S Thanu, is directing the film.

'Sakkarakatti' audio, released by Sony BMG has made it big and is sold in a quick pace.

The re-shot version of 'Taxi Taxi'… will hit music channels by the end of this month.

[/tscii:ce1783f905]

MADDY
15th August 2008, 04:09 PM

Rocking add 8-)

he has been giving ads like this daily 8-)........got to accept, kala prabhu is "just-another-rahman-fan" :D

dinesh2002
15th August 2008, 05:47 PM

Rocking add 8-)

he has been giving ads like this daily 8-)........got to accept, kala prabhu is "just-another-rahman-fan" :D

yupp.... and whats the best part, Sakarakatti audio is the best release of current times, and its the best when it comes to sales as well ... :) .... so Sakarakatti is indeed a sugar cube :)...

my frens, non -ARR fans/lover couldnt stop listenin to Marudhani, Naan Yepothe, Chinnama and Taxi...... they r raving bout these songs.....

Guess_Me
15th August 2008, 10:48 PM
Does anyone see a pattern in the ads? Like the focus shifting to Shanthanu from ARR, slowly. I don't blame the makers. They needed ARR's name to market the movie initially. Now that "Sakkarakatti" has enough publicity, they are slowly taking off ARR and giving space to Shanthanu.

The caption remains focussed on ARR though. Wonder how soon they are going to change that too.

A.ANAND
16th August 2008, 12:00 PM
ennathan ayiram focus pannalum movie hit aganum illaya??
romba overa-vum namma thalaivar mela ad pannalum,movie flop aana 'ennama film kattananunnga,athan mokka pochu'innu solla sila mrjudge's ippave kattu kittu irukangga!ippothaikku movie hit aganum.athu pothum!

Reality
16th August 2008, 01:11 PM
That's the marketing trick..anyway we ar rahman can rejoice atleast to see the movie ads contains ar rahmanface..Lets their marketing wins and the movie too..see even the makers are know the fact that ar rahman fans are not a group of people ..if we count it should be a ocean! that's what SOK,ATM,now the sakkarakkatti uses AR Rahman as one of the STAR in movie :D

prasana84
16th August 2008, 02:19 PM
That's the marketing trick..anyway we ar rahman can rejoice atleast to see the movie ads contains ar rahmanface..Lets their marketing wins and the movie too..see even the makers are know the fact that ar rahman fans are not a group of people ..if we count it should be a ocean! that's what SOK,ATM,now the sakkarakkatti uses AR Rahman as one of the STAR in movie :D
I guess arr is the first music director used to promote a movie. always his name has a power and music has a magic. i have lived in various parts of tamil nadu, in theaters when the arr's name displayed as music directors a huge noise is heard. this achievement is not easy for a music director. however the movie should be nice to become a hit even rajini is involved. but arr support is really important for this particular movie. songs are already a great hit. hope it doesn't become another sok or atm...

Mahen
16th August 2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/top-ten-songs/sakkarakatti.html

SAkarakatti back to no.1 :clap:

coucou
16th August 2008, 11:34 PM
saw sakkarakkatti audio launch function on KTV today......they showed video clippings of songs.......taxi taxi and marudhaani looked brilliant.........chinnamma and miss you da were ok.....i now have some hope from the movie :)

How were these songs picturised?? 8-)

MADDY
18th August 2008, 10:42 AM

How were these songs picturised?? 8-)

pretty good........color patterns in the background were brilliant for marudhaani and taxi taxi..........chinnamma/miss you da- were also good......my worst fears (of a disaster) have evaporated :D

rayan36
18th August 2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/top-ten-songs/sakkarakatti.html

ARR's slow poison is working again....

Ramakrishna
18th August 2008, 05:20 PM
http://www.rahmanism.com/2008/07/sakkarakatti-exclusive-promo-out-now.html

prasana84
18th August 2008, 05:53 PM

ARR's slow poison is working again....
also in radio mirchi the same song is at no.1 continuously for weeks

SoftSword
18th August 2008, 06:21 PM

thanks ram...
but the visuals doesn look so attractive for me....
maybe thats cos of poor quality in youtube???

coucou
18th August 2008, 07:24 PM

thanks ram...

me too :? esp for maruthani song!

dinesh2002
18th August 2008, 08:00 PM

thanks ram...

yessss :cry:

hope the video will look awesome on big screen.... and i hope there is more on Marudhani song.... plz dun spoil my Madhu's song.... :x

Dragun
18th August 2008, 09:00 PM
Not particularly impressed with the snippets so far. They all look like the standard music video kind of picturizations to me. The rooftop scenes of I Miss You Da were kind of cool.

Guess_Me
18th August 2008, 11:12 PM
Where is the girl in Marudhaani video? I thought they would show the girl.

Chinnamma picturisation is disappointing.

prasana84
18th August 2008, 11:17 PM
Where is the girl in Marudhaani video? I thought they would show the girl.

Chinnamma picturisation is disappointing.

Exactly and taxi taxi was also not that great hope the re shoot version will be better and chinnama was very bad. maruthani :( i though it will be the munbe vaa of 2008 but now im not very sure.

sibicalls
19th August 2008, 08:30 AM
I think we should wait for good quality video before passing our comments on the song picturisation.. Let us hope everything will turn out fine and enjoy audio alone as of now :)

prasana84
19th August 2008, 11:15 AM
I think we should wait for good quality video before passing our comments on the song picturisation.. Let us hope everything will turn out fine and enjoy audio alone as of now :)
yup but kalaphabu says the new video of taxi taxi is with a concept and they made it like a top class music video.

kutti_anand
19th August 2008, 12:52 PM

thanks ram...

Marudhaani song, as seen from youtube, i dont think it syncs well. or may be that clippings were not from the song at all. its a female solo, and shantanu is seen in waterfalls disappointed. anyone noticed the fishes jumping? comedy-a irundhuchu. engayachu kuselan la kuttai kulla dolphin utta kadhaya aaga poguthu.....

kutti_anand
19th August 2008, 02:03 PM
Hey, is der any additional song in this album? actually my bro has stored a song in his computer and said that it was a song from sakkarakatti. The song is Good Morning tamilnadu. Sung by harish raghavendra (Appove enaku doubt that it wont be from sakkarakatti)...... any idea?

A.ANAND
19th August 2008, 02:57 PM
Hey, is der any additional song in this album? actually my bro has stored a song in his computer and said that it was a song from sakkarakatti. The song is Good Morning tamilnadu. Sung by harish raghavendra (Appove enaku doubt that it wont be from sakkarakatti)...... any idea?

chanse-se illa sir!good morning not from sakarakati.

kutti_anand
19th August 2008, 04:42 PM

Enakum adhey doubt thaan.... I'm sure that ARR will never use harish raghavendra for his songs.... avan aalum, avan mandayum, avanoda thimirum.... yabba......

Reality
19th August 2008, 06:08 PM

Enakum adhey doubt thaan.... I'm sure that ARR will never use harish raghavendra for his songs.... avan aalum, avan mandayum, avanoda thimirum.... yabba......
That song is spreaded as sakkarakkatti song even before its Audio release..a Fake listing by a fan!

Guess_Me
19th August 2008, 10:46 PM
That song is from the movie Thalaikizh (2008) (http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/thalaikizh-audio-review/)

A.ANAND
20th August 2008, 05:57 AM
Another version of Sakkarakatti's 'Taxi song' filmed
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, August 19, 2008]

Ever since A.R. Rahman's masterful compositions for the film 'Sakkarakatti' was released, all the songs have been making waves literally. Clearly 'Sakkarakatti' the launch vehicle of debutante Santanoo had A.R. Rahman's compositions as the USP of the film. To match with the splendorous mirth of the songs debutante director Kalaprabhu has made it a point to match up with brilliant visualization.

The song 'Taxi' sung by Blaze has come out in such an impressive manner that the filmmakers have decided to shoot one more version for the song and reports suggest that both versions will feature in the film.

'Sakkarakatti' will mark the debut of two star kids. Hero Santanoo is the son of veteran actor-director K. Bhagyaraj while Kala Prabhu is the son of producer Kalaipuli S. Dhanu.

Thalafanz
20th August 2008, 06:01 AM
Anand sir,
2 days ago I asked the shop owner of Veenai in Brickfields about how Sakkarakatti is doing...
He said the only album that makes brisk business this season :thumbsup: along with Dhaam Dhoom being the second :shock:

A.ANAND
20th August 2008, 06:06 AM
Anand sir,
2 days ago I asked the shop owner of Veenai in Brickfields about how Sakkarakatti is doing...
He said the only album that makes brisk business this season :thumbsup: along with Dhaam Dhoom being the second :shock:
ithu pothum sir! :D :2thumbsup:

dinesh2002
20th August 2008, 07:28 AM
Anand sir,
ithu pothum sir! :D :2thumbsup:

wohooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :D 8-) no doubt Sakarakatti songs r awesome!!!!!!! :D Ellay, Marudhani, Taxi, Naan Yepothe, Chinnama are all top class numbers!!!!!!

SoftSword
21st August 2008, 12:37 PM
idhellaam avangala kaettu therinjukkanuma....
i was in spencers chennai yesterday....
while i was roaming around the floors..... i heard the taxi song been played in more than 4 shops...
it has caught the breath of chennai...

A.ANAND
21st August 2008, 03:41 PM
while i was roaming around the floors..... i heard the taxi song been played in more than 4 shops...

malaysia vida chennai-la than sakarakati songs pinnuthu pola! :D

prasana84
21st August 2008, 06:14 PM
ya not only in spencers anywhere in chennai, the song is heard. :D

Mahen
21st August 2008, 07:18 PM
[tscii:7e9d6f97ab]
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14743789

Taxi, Taxi…, the song from Sakkarakati that is topping the charts has been re-shot by director Kalaprabhu.

The peppy song tuned by A.R Rahman and sung by Benny, Blaze and Vion has become an anthem before the release of the film.

In the case of ’Taxi, Taxi..' song, it was only in the background in the original version. When the song became a runaway hit, director Kalaprabhu and his father the leading producer Kalaipuli.S.Thanu decided to cash in on it.

Says Kalaprabhu: "We flew in models from Russia, created a concept around the song and shot it like a top class music video, and roped in Blaaze who sang the song and hero Shanthnoo to feature in it.

The shoot was done at Red Hills and the set resembled a typical Wild West petrol pump you see in American films of the 60's with a sepia look. The song will soon be premiered on a music channel and is said to be one of the major attractions in the film.

Surprisingly this news is coming from sify :D [/tscii:7e9d6f97ab]

A.ANAND
21st August 2008, 08:46 PM
[tscii:f1554a3066]

Taxi, Taxi…, the song from Sakkarakati that is topping the charts has been re-shot by director Kalaprabhu.

The peppy song tuned by A.R Rahman and sung by Benny, Blaze and Vion has become an anthem before the release of the film.

In the case of ’Taxi, Taxi..' song, it was only in the background in the original version. When the song became a runaway hit, director Kalaprabhu and his father the leading producer Kalaipuli.S.Thanu decided to cash in on it.

Says Kalaprabhu: "We flew in models from Russia, created a concept around the song and shot it like a top class music video, and roped in Blaaze who sang the song and hero Shanthnoo to feature in it.

The shoot was done at Red Hills and the set resembled a typical Wild West petrol pump you see in American films of the 60's with a sepia look. The song will soon be premiered on a music channel and is said to be one of the major attractions in the film.

Surprisingly this news is coming from sify :D [/tscii:f1554a3066]

thooka kalakathula yaaravathu theriyama edit panni pottu thanggalo :lol:

Ramakrishna
21st August 2008, 08:50 PM
[tscii:082c917931]

Surprisingly this news is coming from sify :D [/tscii:082c917931]

ungaluku yaen intha kola veri :huh:

kutti_anand
22nd August 2008, 01:24 AM
Padam eppo release?

A.ANAND
22nd August 2008, 01:11 PM
[tscii:b21f914613]

Surprisingly this news is coming from sify :D [/tscii:b21f914613]

engga thalaivarukaga uyirai kodukkavum thayar!avasiyam nerthal
unngalai pottu thallavum thayar! :lol: [just kiding yaar :lol: :lol: ]

A.ANAND
22nd August 2008, 01:13 PM
Padam eppo release?
may be fist week in september!

Ramakrishna
22nd August 2008, 06:55 PM
[tscii:4c379cb141]

Surprisingly this news is coming from sify :D [/tscii:4c379cb141]

engga thalaivarukaga uyirai kodukkavum thayar!avasiyam nerthal
unngalai pottu thallavum thayar! :lol: [just kiding yaar :lol: :lol: ]

oh avalo thairyamaa...edatha neenga theermaanam seyyunga...Mudiva naan theermaanikaren :twisted:

prasana84
22nd August 2008, 07:06 PM
[tscii:29a856b3ac]Sakkarakatti's technical brilliance
IndiaGlitz [Friday, August 22, 2008]

Kala Prabhu, son of noted film producer Kalaipuli S. Dhanu is coming up with his first directorial venture in the form of 'Sakkarakatti'. The film introduces Shantanoo, son of veteran director – actor K. Bhagayaraj as hero.

An interesting aspect of this film is that the technical part has been done with tremendous care to live up to the musical brilliance of A. R. Rahman. The film has the creative energy of two cinematographers in the form of Raja and Andrew. Andrew worked as the cinematographer but unfortunately had to leave because of a prior commitment with a Hindi film. This brought cinematographer Raja into the picture. Reports suggest that the director is happy with the efforts of Raja.

However, Kala Prabhu has a very high opinion of Andrew. 'He will fill the void created by the untimely demise of Jeeva' said Kala Prabhu. A comparison with Jeeva when it comes to cinematography is considered a very great achievement.

Jackie who worked as the art director of 'Paruthiveeran' and 'Poi' has worked for 'Sakkarakatti' as well. He is known to be a creative person who has the ability to sketch out stunning designs as soon as the 'feel' of the scene is described by the director. Truly a lovely talent.

'Sakkarakatti' is expected to be loaded with Computer Generated Imagery and all technical facets have come out very well. The film releases in September.[/tscii:29a856b3ac]

sat_srini
22nd August 2008, 09:54 PM
Song: Taxi...Taxi...
Film: Sakarakatti
Music: Mozart of Madras

First I read about this song in 'The Hindu - Metroplus' then listened to it in a
car on my way back to Chennai from Kancheepuram. And then went to 'Music World'
in Pondy Bazaar and bought the CD. I picked it up immediately on entering the
shop and then was leisurely browsing through the other sections. I suddenly had
an urge to buy an international English album. I am no great fan of English
songs or anything, but I thought that listening to Tamil songs alone was not
good enough.(Especially when you have a Sony 5.1 Music system to listen). I
wanted to feel sophisticated. Upmarket. Class. Whatever. But I had no clue as to
what to purchase. All English albums were priced above 400Rs whereas
'Sakarakatti' had cost me a mere 99Rs. This made the urge to buy one of them,
even stronger. Upmarket.Sophisticated. Class.

Queen. MLTR. Safri Duo. Bob Dylan. Enigma. Pink Floyd. Deep Purple. Eminem.
Yanni. Linkin Park......

It was then that an elderly couple entered the shop. They were foreigners but I
could not make out what language they were speaking. I think it was Dutch. Or
German. Or something else.

The lady went straight to the section where they had listed Tamil albums in
popularity-wise order and pulled out a copy of 'Sakarakatti' from the first slot
where it was perched. She pointed to the picture of A.R. Rahman and said
something to her attentive husband in an excited manner. They paid the bill and
left.

I let out a deep breath and left after paying for 'Sakarakati'.

Courtesy : Gopal ARRYG

A.ANAND
27th August 2008, 05:59 AM
yahoooooooooo!!my complain regarding rj's in thr.raaga[malaysian tamil fm radio]publish in malaysia nanban news paper today![page5] :D :bluejump: :swinghead: vetri!!!!

Thalafanz
27th August 2008, 06:01 AM
yahoooooooooo!!my complain regarding rj's in thr.raaga[malaysian tamil fm radio]publish in malaysia nanban news paper today![page5] :D :bluejump: :swinghead: vetri!!!!

Bro, scan it & upload it here pls... :roll:

A.ANAND
27th August 2008, 07:37 AM

konjam wait pannunga brother :D i will upload!

dinesh2002
27th August 2008, 08:26 AM

Anand!!!!!!!!!!! awesome man....!!!!!!! quickly upload the scanned file..!!!! :yes: :victory: :cool2: :2thumbsup:

A.ANAND
27th August 2008, 09:26 AM

Anand!!!!!!!!!!! awesome man....!!!!!!! quickly upload the scanned file..!!!! :yes: :victory: :cool2: :2thumbsup:

thanks bro! :D :D konjam wait pannunga!i'm now
on theaway to seremban.i will upload soon! :D :D :D

dinesh2002
28th August 2008, 02:07 PM
guys.... Anand has sent me his scanned article , which his complain on THR raaga appeared in Malaysian Tamil news paper, Nanban. Since Anand is busy, he sent me the file to me so ill upload and share it here... 8-)

here it is :

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5578/scan0001yk9.jpg

Anand, kalakitthe po! :lol:

MADDY
28th August 2008, 06:11 PM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5578/scan0001yk9.jpg

Anand, kalakitthe po! :lol:

great work Anand..........aniyayathha thatti ketkura manapaanmai paaratta thakkadhu :clap:

A.ANAND
29th August 2008, 06:21 AM
thanks for your all support!namma thalaivar fans irukkum varaikkum ellame vetrithan :cool2:

SoftSword
29th August 2008, 11:07 AM
anand...
i never thought that u know thamizh so good....

A.ANAND
29th August 2008, 11:13 AM
anand...
ha..ha... appadiya :D i'm from tamil school sir!

k_vanan
29th August 2008, 04:48 PM
anand cumma kalaikittu appu :2thumbsup:

yeppadi anand yeppadi unnale :D

Thalafanz
29th August 2008, 05:00 PM
anand...
ha..ha... appadiya :D i'm from tamil school sir!

I thought u sent them in English & they translated in Thamizh. :P
Glad that u know Thamizh :clap: 8-) :D

P.S Hope the radio station will realize after this...
அவர்களுக்கு இது ஒரு பாடமாய் அமையட்டும் :yes:

A.ANAND
29th August 2008, 06:32 PM
naan konjam kuda ethir paarkave illa namma thalaivar fans kitta irunnthu evalo support!

etho nammala mudijathu!ella pugalum namma
arr fans-ke :thumbsup: :lol:

A.ANAND
29th August 2008, 06:38 PM
thalafanz sir,naan mattum english-la sent panna,news editor mandaya pottu odichikuvaru! :lol: anthalavukku kevalama irukkum.athan unmai!
i'm weak in english!

prasana84
29th August 2008, 11:28 PM
sakarakatti remains at no.1
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/top-ten-songs/raman.html

ARR - :notworthy:

prasana84
30th August 2008, 12:22 PM
also ar rahman tops the top 10 music directors of kollywood

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/music/a-r-rahman.html

arr always no 1 :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
31st August 2008, 11:36 AM
There is a news in Today 's Daily Thanthi on ARR 's Taxi taxi "In the past 15 years, about 1125 films.... 5625 songs.... ARR 's Taxi taxi is placed as No. 1 " Check this site for knowing more http://www.aircheck india

SOURCE:ARR FANS @YAHOOGROUP

Ramakrishna
2nd September 2008, 12:14 AM
Making of Sakkarakatti Songs - An interview with ARR
On September 3rd, 5pm IST on Sun tv

baba88
2nd September 2008, 12:52 AM
There is a news in Today 's Daily Thanthi on ARR 's Taxi taxi "In the past 15 years, about 1125 films.... 5625 songs.... ARR 's Taxi taxi is placed as No. 1 "

What does this sentence mean ? I don't understand the sense. Can anybody explain please ?

A.ANAND
2nd September 2008, 09:40 AM
Making of Sakkarakatti Songs - An interview with ARR
On September 3rd, 5pm IST on Sun tv

malaysia time 7.00pm :D :bluejump:

dinesh2002
2nd September 2008, 07:17 PM
There is a news in Today 's Daily Thanthi on ARR 's Taxi taxi "In the past 15 years, about 1125 films.... 5625 songs.... ARR 's Taxi taxi is placed as No. 1 "

What does this sentence mean ? I don't understand the sense. Can anybody explain please ?

dun think this news is true, coz dun think any songs near future can break "Chinna Chinna Aasai", "Chikku Bukku" or "Muqala Muqabala" song's fame.......

littlemaster1982
2nd September 2008, 07:27 PM
I guess this ad is about airtime in FM channels. Not sure how authentic it is or how they did get this result :?