PDA

View Full Version : AR || Sakkarakatti | Kalaprabhu | Shanthanu ||

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Mahen
2nd September 2008, 08:25 PM
Making of Sakkarakatti Songs - An interview with ARR
On September 3rd, 5pm IST on Sun tv

malaysia time 7.00pm :D :bluejump:

Anand, astro namba mudiyathu...Dont be surprised if theres no special programs tomorrow...Just like on aug15...

A.ANAND
3rd September 2008, 06:50 AM

Anand, astro namba mudiyathu...Dont be surprised if theres no special programs tomorrow...Just like on aug15...

yes,true mahen!munnellam live-ah sun tv telecast pannanga,ippa
ella special program-mum record panni saturday sunday-la settu venchi podaranunnga! :cry:

directhit
3rd September 2008, 07:00 AM
On September 3rd, 5pm IST on Sun tv che oru 7:30 pm kku vakka koodadhu :(

Ramakrishna
3rd September 2008, 08:55 AM
On September 3rd, 5pm IST on Sun tv che oru 7:30 pm kku vakka koodadhu :(

don't worry yevanaavathu record pannuvaan :P

directhit
3rd September 2008, 09:13 AM
yeah tube tamil/tech satish madhri websites vaazhga :P - aanalum mudhalil paakara thrill varuma :oops:

Mahen
3rd September 2008, 09:35 AM

yes,true mahen!munnellam live-ah sun tv telecast pannanga,ippa
ella special program-mum record panni saturday sunday-la settu venchi podaranunnga! :cry:

Anand, the interview is at 5pm.....just checked the astro guide.. :) Astro is soooo unpredictable...But i still cant watch :evil:

NOV
3rd September 2008, 11:52 AM
On September 3rd, 5pm IST on Sun tvsame day, same time on SunTV Malaysia.

VC'kku special progs on suntv - interview with namitha :frightened: thamirabharani, naan avan illai and one kandraavi saththyaraj kandraavi movie. :banghead:

A.ANAND
3rd September 2008, 12:17 PM
thanks mahen!appa office-la irunthu 4.00 maniyoda veetukku odida vendiyathu than! :swinghead:

music man
3rd September 2008, 06:20 PM
Friends!!!!
Just now saw our ARR program...Its one of the worst programs I had ever seen...I dunno what made ARR to do an interview....He could have best avoided the entire interview...

The questions were the same old age questions....(What is the difference between the ARR of 1992 and now and like)There was no life in it...Rahman was uninterested for the most part of it...

The clippings of SAKKARAKATTI was not promising...I expect someone to extract something on a technical front from him..Like techniques of mixing..Usage of instruments...they can ask him to play a few songs in his synthesizer...Tat will be gr8....He will too love it...

Half an hour--->Waste of time....Just watched the program because of A.R.Rahman... :evil:

A.ANAND
4th September 2008, 09:36 AM
Friends!!!!
Just now saw our ARR program...Its one of the worst programs I had ever seen...I dunno what made ARR to do an interview....He could have best avoided the entire interview...

The questions were the same old age questions....(What is the difference between the ARR of 1992 and now and like)There was no life in it...Rahman was uninterested for the most part of it...

The clippings of SAKKARAKATTI was not promising...I expect someone to extract something on a technical front from him..Like techniques of mixing..Usage of instruments...they can ask him to play a few songs in his synthesizer...Tat will be gr8....He will too love it...

Half an hour--->Waste of time....Just watched the program because of A.R.Rahman... :evil:

it's your opinion.for me,program not worst at all but may be much better.but the intruduction given by mahesh[asatha povathu yaaru]
super :thumbsup: clippings romba pottu interview kammi akkithangga :banghead: valakkama kelvithan but rahman konjam vithiyasama bathil sonna mathiri irunthathu! :D

A.ANAND
4th September 2008, 09:46 AM
delete

Mahen
4th September 2008, 04:43 PM
Rahman's interview
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=6091d623291902ac36e7

prasana84
4th September 2008, 08:35 PM
Friends!!!!

that is b'coz of tat person. stupid ?'s. but 15 yearsa namalala parka mudiyatha rahmanna avaru parthutaru :cry:

MADDY
4th September 2008, 08:40 PM
i was floored by his answer for a dumb question like "wats the difference betn ARR of Roja days and now"? i always consider i know zero :notworthy:

prasana84
4th September 2008, 10:35 PM
[tscii:6530176bfa] Ram Gopal Verma to Thanu to A R Rahman
September 02, 2008
Sakkarakatti, the maiden venture of Kala Prabhu, son of leading producer Kalaipuli S Thanu has Shantanu, son of K Bhagyaraj in the lead role with Vedhika as heroine. Music for this film is scored by A R Rahman and the songs are already a chartbuster. The best among the lot is said to be the peppy number ‘Taxi Taxi’ sung by Benny Dayal, Blaze, Javed Ali and Viviane Chaix who have brought in oodles of energy with style in this specific track.

This song has apparently impressed Bollywood director Ram Gopal Verma who had sent a laudatory message to producer Thanu who on the other hand has handed over the appreciation letter to Rahman. In a field where open congratulations are a rarity, RGV should certainly be lauded for such a positive feedback. [/tscii:6530176bfa]

directhit
5th September 2008, 06:52 AM
i donno how the heck they come up with such ppl to interview a legend!! stupid channels - the other day to interview kamal in kalaignar tv, it was priyadarshini or someone and she was :roll: on when kamal was mentioning magnolia/kubrick etc etc :lol2:

ARR shud boycott such stupid interviews!!

littlemaster1982
5th September 2008, 10:54 AM
i donno how the heck they come up with such ppl to interview a legend!! stupid channels - the other day to interview kamal in kalaignar tv, it was priyadarshini or someone and she was :roll: on when kamal was mentioning magnolia/kubrick etc etc :lol2:

ARR shud boycott such stupid interviews!!

I still remember ARR's interview by Vijayasarathy on Aug 15, 2007 :banghead: "Sivaji-la work panna anubavatthai patthi sollungalaen" kinda questions :evil: :grrr:

Thalafanz
5th September 2008, 11:03 AM
I still remember ARR's interview by Vijayasarathy on Aug 15, 2007 :banghead: "Sivaji-la work panna anubavatthai patthi sollungalaen" kinda questions :evil: :grrr:

What's wrong with that question??? :confused2: :roll:

littlemaster1982
5th September 2008, 11:35 AM
Yoga,

SUN TV interviewers had been asking these same questions for a long time. Quite boring :sigh2:

Thalafanz
5th September 2008, 11:40 AM
Yoga,

SUN TV interviewers had been asking these same questions for a long time. Quite boring :sigh2:

Oh I see. But, ARR will go through different expeciences during his involvements in various projects. So, I guess answers will be different... :)
Don't we wana know them???

A.ANAND
5th September 2008, 11:41 AM
Intha interview-ke ippadi thupparangga,konja naal munnadi pepsi uma namma aalukitta interview pannappa oru 'interligent'question kettanga,'mono sound'and 'stereo sound'inna enna innu :banghead: atha vida ithu evlo better.

Thalafanz
5th September 2008, 11:44 AM
:lol:

littlemaster1982
5th September 2008, 12:20 PM
Yoga,

Oh I see. But, ARR will go through different expeciences during his involvements in various projects. So, I guess answers will be different... :)
Don't we wana know them???

It's not that interesting, strictly IMO. :)

Yathu
5th September 2008, 07:57 PM
Rahman's interview

Quite a good interview. Not as bad as people were making out. Some questions could have been avoided and the unnecessary over the top praising the interviewer did could have also been avoided! The bhangra-ish version of Taxi Taxi in the new trailer sounds cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IECQThDhoUs

:D

A.ANAND
6th September 2008, 12:30 PM
Rahman's interview

Quite a good interview. Not as bad as people were making out. Some questions could have been avoided and the unnecessary over the top praising the interviewer did could have also been avoided! The bhangra-ish version of Taxi Taxi in the new trailer sounds cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IECQThDhoUs

:D :cool2:

prasana84
13th September 2008, 04:03 PM
sakarakatti remains at no.1

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-2/top-ten-songs/sakkarakatti.html

:clap:

A.ANAND
13th September 2008, 09:36 PM
ippadiye ellorum clap panni kittu irutha eppadi :roll: movie eppa release agum innu therilaye??? :confused2: ad mattum bayanggarama vanthu kittu iruku!!! :(

baba88
13th September 2008, 10:33 PM
Movie is realising on 26. September.
Confirmed by Ayngaran.

Yathu
14th September 2008, 02:52 AM
Movie is realising on 26. September.
Confirmed by Ayngaran.

Yup:

http://www.ayngaran.com/newsdetails.php?newsid=63

Can't wait to see it!

directhit
17th September 2008, 07:54 AM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2008/september/160908b.asp
இதுவரை எத்தனையோ படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்திருந்தாலும், எந்த ஆடியோ வெளியீட்டு விழாவுக்கும் தனது அம்மாவை அழைத்த வந்ததில்லை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். சக்கரக்கட்டி விழாவுக்கு அம்மாவோடு வந்தது மட்டுமல்லாமல், அவரை மேடையில் ஏற்றியும் சந்தோஷப்பட்டார். இந்த சந்தோஷம் இன்னும் அதிகமாகி, தனக்கு வேண்டிய நண்பர்கள் பலரிடமும் ஒரு பாடலை இப்படிதான் படமாக்க வேண்டும். அவ்வளவு அற்புதமாக படமாக்கியிருக்கிறார் கலா பிரபு என்று கூறி வருகிறாராம். இந்த ஒரு சந்தோஷம் போதும். என் மகன் பெரிய இயக்குனர் ஆகிவிட்ட மாதிரியே ஃபீல் பண்ணுகிறேன் என்கிறார் தயாரிப்பாளர் தாணு. இந்த கலாப்பிரவு தாணுவின் வாரிசு என்பதை சொல்ல வேண்டுமா என்ன? ஒரு முறை பாக்யராஜிடம் கேட்டாராம் தாணு. "நீங்கள் நினைத்தால் ஷங்கர், மணிரத்னம் என்று உங்கள் மகனை பெரிய இயக்குனர் படங்களில் அறிமுகப்படுத்தியிருக்க முடியும். ஆனால், என் மகனிடம் எதை நம்பி ஒப்படைத்தீர்கள்" என்றாராம். அதற்கு பாக்யராஜ் என்ன சொன்னார்?

"இந்த பையன் எங்கிட்ட கதை சொல்லும் போது, இதில் பத்து சதவீதத்தை திரையில் காட்டினாலே இந்த படம் ஹிட் ஆகும்னு நினைச்சேன். ஆனால் சொன்னதை விட, பத்து மடங்கு அதிகமாக திரையில் காட்டியிருக்கிறார். நிச்சயம் இந்த படம் ஹிட்" என்றாராம்.

கேட்கும்போதே சக்கரக்கட்டியாக இனிக்கு இன்னொரு செய்தி. படத்தின் பாடல் காட்சிகளை மட்டுமே பார்த்துவிட்டு முன்னணி நிறுவனங்கள் சில, கலா பிரபுவுக்கு அட்வான்ஸ் கொடுக்க முன் வந்திருக்கிறதாம்.

8-) 8-) ippove kanna kattudhe :oops:

lancelot
17th September 2008, 08:33 AM
translation please
hehe

A.ANAND
17th September 2008, 10:56 AM
lancelot sir!traslation in english

" So long, Rahman had composed music for so many films, but he hasnt brought his mother to any Music release function. A.R. Rahman , not only brought his mother, but also made her climb the stage and felt happy. This happiness still increased manifold, and to all his close friends, he has been telling that a song has to be puicturised in this fashion. Kalaprabhu has picturised it so well. This happiness alone is enough for me. I feel that my son has become a big time director, with this praise, says Producer Kalaipuli Dhanu. Should anyone be told that this son Kalaprabhu is the son of Dhanu ??!!. Once Dhanu asked Bhagyaraj , " If you would have thought, you could have introduced your son with veteran directors like Maniratnam or Shankar. On what basis, did you leave him with my son ??". Bhagyaraj replied, " When this boy narrated the story to me, I felt that even if we showed 10% of the story of the film in the screen, it would become a hit. But he has shown it ten times more than what he narrated to me. The film is gonna be a sure hit". There is one more news associated with this Sweetness. Just by seeing the picturisation of the songs, some frontline production houses have approached the Director Kalaprabhu with giving advances for their forthcoming films.
http://www.tamilcin ema.com/CINENEWS /Hotnews/ 2008/september/ 160908b.asp

rayan36
17th September 2008, 11:51 AM
lancelot sir!traslation in english

" So long, Rahman had composed music for so many films, but he hasnt brought his mother to any Music release function. A.R. Rahman , not only brought his mother, but also made her climb the stage and felt happy. This happiness still increased manifold, and to all his close friends, he has been telling that a song has to be puicturised in this fashion. Kalaprabhu has picturised it so well. This happiness alone is enough for me. I feel that my son has become a big time director, with this praise, says Producer Kalaipuli Dhanu. Should anyone be told that this son Kalaprabhu is the son of Dhanu ??!!. Once Dhanu asked Bhagyaraj , " If you would have thought, you could have introduced your son with veteran directors like Maniratnam or Shankar. On what basis, did you leave him with my son ??". Bhagyaraj replied, " When this boy narrated the story to me, I felt that even if we showed 10% of the story of the film in the screen, it would become a hit. But he has shown it ten times more than what he narrated to me. The film is gonna be a sure hit". There is one more news associated with this Sweetness. Just by seeing the picturisation of the songs, some frontline production houses have approached the Director Kalaprabhu with giving advances for their forthcoming films.
http://www.tamilcin ema.com/CINENEWS /Hotnews/ 2008/september/ 160908b.asp

SO will he be associated with our master again....i really hope soo....

united07
17th September 2008, 01:09 PM
I thought for "Ah aa" audio release, SJ surya's mum released the first Cd to ARR's mum. So, how come they say "So long, Rahman had composed music for so many films, but he hasnt brought his mother to any Music release function. A.R. Rahman "

SoftSword
18th September 2008, 11:59 AM
I thought for "Ah aa" audio release, SJ surya's mum released the first Cd to ARR's mum. So, how come they say "So long, Rahman had composed music for so many films, but he hasnt brought his mother to any Music release function. A.R. Rahman "

yes, i hav the same point...

dinesh2002
18th September 2008, 08:24 PM
[tscii:59d5d93e40]'Sakkarakatti' for the sweet tooth on 26th
IndiaGlitz Exclusive [Thursday, September 18, 2008]

'Taxi…Taxi' is the most widely hummed song of the recent times from the movie 'Sakkarakatti'. Set to tunes by AR Rahman the peppy number has made a clean sweep at the chart busters with its foot tapping music for which Blaze rapped. The movie starring seasoned actor K Bhagyaraj's son Shaanthanu is set to hit screens on 26th of September.

Shaanthanu makes his debut venture as a hero in this flick is pitted against Vedika and Ishita. The movie is being directed by Kala Prabu, son of Kalaipuli S Dhanu who produces this feature film.

The first time director lauds the songster A R Rahman for composing scads of theme music for the movie which bolsters its already high reputation by the songs. Kala Prabu promises that the re-recording has emerged as a wonderwork which is sure to render a mellifluous effect for the audience and especially for Rahman's die hard fans.

'Sakkarakatti' with a tag line a choo chweet will be true to its words as this movie will be a treat for Rahman fans with its fabulously luster opera. The songs have been a promoting asset to the film which is being produced by Kalaipulu S Dhanu who is acclaimed for his slick promotion.

A ban proclaimed on promoting the films with gigantic hoardings and banners might no way suppress the ace producer Kalaipulai Dhanu in luring the audience for the movie.

Let's keep our fingers crossed to find out what's in the store shortly!!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/41619.html[/tscii:59d5d93e40]

pure bliss
23rd September 2008, 02:21 PM
Leading producer Kalaipuli .S.Dhanu had said that if his film gets censored on Monday (September 22), it will positively get released on Friday (Sep 26).

However the film is yet to be censored and it looks like it is making way for Sun Pictures Kathalil Vizhuenthen, which has booked all the screens. Dhanu and Kalanithi Maran are now best of friends due to recent political happenings, and obviously they did not want to clash.

Remember Kathalil Vizhuenthen has the hit song Nakku Mukka…, which is being aggressively promoted by Sun TV. At the same time Sakkarakatti has the chartbuster Taxi, Taxi…, which Sun has the satellite rights and it makes sense for Dhanu to hold back the release as they are sure to promote its music.

The film is the launch pad of K Bhagyaraj's son Shaanthanu, and Dhanu's son Kala Prabhu as director. The buzz around the film is positive especially after the "Taxi, Taxi…" song tuned by A.R Rahman became a chartbuster.

Shaanthanu is pitted against two hot girls Vedika and Ishita in the film which is a" youthful musical entertainer", according to its director Kala Prabhu.

For a film with newcomers, Dhanu has been able to sell the film to distributors at a high rate on the strength of Rahman's music. Sakkarakatti will take a super opening if it gets a solo release

viraajan
23rd September 2008, 02:27 PM
Anyone read ARR's interview in The Hindu today? :roll:

SoftSword
23rd September 2008, 02:45 PM
wats that all about...

viraajan
23rd September 2008, 03:13 PM
wats that all about...

The new sound techniques he has used in SK song and his Tamil, Hindi and international projects. The interview is really cool. Especially the 1st paragraph in which the author has described ARR as a person :D

Will post it here soon :D

baba88
23rd September 2008, 06:17 PM
I think Sakkarakatti will be an average grosser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76mFsg3rsuc

baba88
23rd September 2008, 06:20 PM
[tscii:cf9b56110a]Down-to-earth A. R. Rahman
It's hard to pin down what exactly it is about A.R. Rahman that makes him so appealing in person. Maybe it's the absence of airs of any kind. Maybe it's the refreshing lack of ennui or cynicism. Or, maybe it's just plain old n iceness, of a simple, down-to-earth variety that's hard to come by these days.
Whatever it is, it works just as effortlessly on the six winners of a Sony music-organised 'Sakkarakatti contest' who get to meet the maestro in his front office late one evening as it does on yours truly. They all go from hushed reverence to easy, happy smiles within minutes. And although he's in the middle of recording for Mani Ratnam's "Ravan", he makes sure everyone's got the pictures they want with him before they leave (see what I mean about nice?).
When we finally sit down for our chat, we start off by discussing the music of "Sakkarakatti", which has now spent over 20 weeks at the top of the charts. "It's interesting to work with this new generation of directors," says Rahman, referring to first-time director of "Sakkarakatti", Kalaprabhu S Dhanu. "They don't carry the same sort of baggage other directors do — they're willing to let go of things that could make a product old and go in a new direction, with new influences."
Possibly no one understands this generational shift in movies and music better than Rahman, who's been part of the industry since he was a child. "In a sense, I've crossed three generations," he says. "I started playing when I was 11 for the older generation of music directors such as M.S. Viswanathan and Ilayaraaja, then came my generation, and I'm embarking on the next one now."
And the key to surviving these shifts is constant reinvention. "I think it's very important to drop certain things and attain a newer mindset," he says. "That's why I'm thrilled to see that "Sakkarakatti" is doing well — because most of the songs are next generational."
How so? He expands on his theme: "For instance, 'Muqabala' was a popular song of the nineties, while 'Taxi Taxi' is what's popular now. For melodious songs, the essence of melody remains, but the shell changes, as with 'Marudaani'. And 'I miss you da' has futuristic touches within a traditional structure."
Of course, it isn't all about the new and futuristic. One of the most talked about projects that Rahman is currently working on is period film "Marmayogi", which sees a reunion of sorts between him and Kamal Haasan. "Well, this is first time I'm working with him when he's directing — earlier, he was a spectator to the process, whereas now, his own taste and essence is emerging," he says. And how is that working out? Rahman says with a chuckle, "I think it took us a while to tune up, but now we're vibing!"
He describes it as a "period movie that's contemporary in every sense, with a '300'-ish quality about it." Then there's Gautam Menon's "Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam", Shankar's "Enthiran", "Ravan", Subhash Ghai's "Yuvraj", not to mention Danny Boyle's "Slumdog Millionaire" that just won the People's Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival. . Whew! And that's not even the entire list.
"Fortunately or unfortunately, I work on three different planes now with Tamil, Hindi, and international projects," he says, adding ruefully, "So it's like I'm trying to keep everyone happy. My kids are growing up as well and I need to spend more time with them. It's hard, sometimes exhausting, but all the love I receive keeps me going."
Indeed, he does look tired, but he poses obligingly next to a pair of keyboards, a mixer and a recorder mounted on the wall of his office as we wrap up the interview. That set of equipment has a special place in his heart, it turns out — it's what he used for his breakthrough hit "Roja". "I used it all the way up to 'Vande Mataram'," he says, as I get a few goosebumps at the thought that I'm looking at a little piece of cinematic history.
Then, although it's nearly 9 p.m., it's back to the studio for him — "Ravan" awaits — and I take my leave. [/tscii:cf9b56110a]

thineshan54321
23rd September 2008, 06:36 PM
[tscii:422e9648ab]Down-to-earth A. R. Rahman
It's hard to pin down what exactly it is about A.R. Rahman that makes him so appealing in person. Maybe it's the absence of airs of any kind. Maybe it's the refreshing lack of ennui or cynicism. Or, maybe it's just plain old n iceness, of a simple, down-to-earth variety that's hard to come by these days.
Whatever it is, it works just as effortlessly on the six winners of a Sony music-organised 'Sakkarakatti contest' who get to meet the maestro in his front office late one evening as it does on yours truly. They all go from hushed reverence to easy, happy smiles within minutes. And although he's in the middle of recording for Mani Ratnam's "Ravan", he makes sure everyone's got the pictures they want with him before they leave (see what I mean about nice?).
When we finally sit down for our chat, we start off by discussing the music of "Sakkarakatti", which has now spent over 20 weeks at the top of the charts. "It's interesting to work with this new generation of directors," says Rahman, referring to first-time director of "Sakkarakatti", Kalaprabhu S Dhanu. "They don't carry the same sort of baggage other directors do — they're willing to let go of things that could make a product old and go in a new direction, with new influences."
Possibly no one understands this generational shift in movies and music better than Rahman, who's been part of the industry since he was a child. "In a sense, I've crossed three generations," he says. "I started playing when I was 11 for the older generation of music directors such as M.S. Viswanathan and Ilayaraaja, then came my generation, and I'm embarking on the next one now."
And the key to surviving these shifts is constant reinvention. "I think it's very important to drop certain things and attain a newer mindset," he says. "That's why I'm thrilled to see that "Sakkarakatti" is doing well — because most of the songs are next generational."
How so? He expands on his theme: "For instance, 'Muqabala' was a popular song of the nineties, while 'Taxi Taxi' is what's popular now. For melodious songs, the essence of melody remains, but the shell changes, as with 'Marudaani'. And 'I miss you da' has futuristic touches within a traditional structure."
Of course, it isn't all about the new and futuristic. One of the most talked about projects that Rahman is currently working on is period film "Marmayogi", which sees a reunion of sorts between him and Kamal Haasan. "Well, this is first time I'm working with him when he's directing — earlier, he was a spectator to the process, whereas now, his own taste and essence is emerging," he says. And how is that working out? Rahman says with a chuckle, "I think it took us a while to tune up, but now we're vibing!"
He describes it as a "period movie that's contemporary in every sense, with a '300'-ish quality about it." Then there's Gautam Menon's "Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam", Shankar's "Enthiran", "Ravan", Subhash Ghai's "Yuvraj", not to mention Danny Boyle's "Slumdog Millionaire" that just won the People's Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival. . Whew! And that's not even the entire list.
"Fortunately or unfortunately, I work on three different planes now with Tamil, Hindi, and international projects," he says, adding ruefully, "So it's like I'm trying to keep everyone happy. My kids are growing up as well and I need to spend more time with them. It's hard, sometimes exhausting, but all the love I receive keeps me going."
Indeed, he does look tired, but he poses obligingly next to a pair of keyboards, a mixer and a recorder mounted on the wall of his office as we wrap up the interview. That set of equipment has a special place in his heart, it turns out — it's what he used for his breakthrough hit "Roja". "I used it all the way up to 'Vande Mataram'," he says, as I get a few goosebumps at the thought that I'm looking at a little piece of cinematic history.
Then, although it's nearly 9 p.m., it's back to the studio for him — "Ravan" awaits — and I take my leave. [/tscii:422e9648ab]

nicely written. and the first time i listened to sakarakatti, i knew it was a trendsetter. loving miss u da. very futuristic and random, yet so musically powerful and heart-touching.

lancelot
24th September 2008, 09:47 AM
He describes it as a "period movie that's contemporary in every sense, with a '300'-ish quality about it." Then there's Gautam Menon's "Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam", Shankar's "Enthiran", "Ravan", Subhash Ghai's "Yuvraj", not to mention Danny Boyle's "Slumdog Millionaire" that just won the People's Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival. . Whew! And that's not even the entire list. :2thumbsup:

:omg:! i cant wait!!!!

hehe

Yathu
24th September 2008, 04:17 PM
'Sakkarakatti' sweeps a clean U certificate
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, September 24, 2008]

'Sakkarakatti' with its post production work complete, made it to the censor board for certification. The movie starring Shanthanu opposite Vedhika and Ishita is set to hit the silver screen on Friday, 26th September.

The movie acclaimed laurels for its brilliant musical composition done by AR Rahman. Being directed by producer Kalaipuli S Dhanu's son, Kala Prabhu the movie has generated expectation because of its producer, whose earlier records holds a series of blockbusters.

The flick holds some awesome theme music composed by the songster which will be a treat for die hard Rahman fans as preened by the director.

Nearing the date of release, the movie was screened for the committee members of the censor board recently. A clean 'U' certificate was issued to the movie without any deletion of footage. The cast & crew are elated by this and are eagerly awaiting the release of the movie shortly.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/41781.html

Good news, I can see the movie with my younger cousins. :)

No news from Ayngaran yet about release in UK tho....I don't think were gonna get it on 26th September. :(

A.ANAND
24th September 2008, 04:33 PM
Nakku Mukka.. takes on Taxi Taxi..!

Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 24 September , 2008, 11:17

It is a classic confrontation this week at the box- office.

Two films with debutants and having chartbusting songs- Kathalil Virunthe and Sakkarakatti are going for each others throat, as they try to woo youth audiences.

The producers of both the films are good friends on the same side of the political divide and have tried desperately not to clash. But both want their films to have at least a four-week run before Diwali, so are forced to release on Sep 26.

On Tuesday (Sep 23), Sakkarakatti got cleared by the censors, with a clean 'U' certificate. The producer of the film, Kalaipuli S Thanu, says he is planning the biggest ever release for his film this Friday.

MADDY
25th September 2008, 08:47 AM
booked tickets for first day evening show in Santham......keeping fingers crossed :) .....hope movie will be sittable atleast :lol:

A.ANAND
25th September 2008, 03:31 PM
'sittable'-la illama iruntha kuda parava illai!but kathir movie mathiri illama irutha pothum! 'setthum'

heroin intruducing agum bothu,kavithai paadi,malar thoovi....[vaitha kalakuthu nenechale...] :shaking: :shaking:

A.ANAND
25th September 2008, 08:50 PM
[tscii:d52316b984]Sakkarakkatti gets U certificate
Prasanna Singh [September 24, 2008, 5:04:56 PM]

The Censor Board has cleared Sakkarakkatti (starring Shantnoo Bhagyaraj, Ishitha and Vedhika) with a U certificate and without even a single cut.

Sakkarakkatti is the debut vehicle for hero Shantnoo (Bhagyaraj’s son) and director Kala Prabhu (Kalaipuli Dhanu’s son).

Sakkarakkatti became famous for its song ‘Taxi Taxi? which was an instant hit. Its sheen and popularity even compelled the filmmakers to reshoot the original video. A.R. Rahman, before starting to compose for this film, promised that his work in this film will make everyone undergo the same pleasant feeling they had when they listened to him for the first time in Roja. Well, the maestro has fulfilled his promise.

Sakkarakkatti will be a wholesome youthful entertainer with its peppy music by A.R. Rahman, incredibly beautiful narration by Kala Prabhu, fresh and young faces and excellent cinematography by Andrew.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Sakkarakkatti_gets_a_U_certificate_18866.html

[/tscii:d52316b984]

A.ANAND
25th September 2008, 09:00 PM
'Sakkarakatti' release tomorrow
http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/25092008-3.shtml

SoftSword
26th September 2008, 11:05 AM
The movie is not released in bangalore today....
kaadhalalil vizhundhaen managed to get released...
wat the hell is happening..!!!

baba88
26th September 2008, 11:46 PM
after reading all the movie reviews it seems like the movie is going to be one of the biggest flops of the year. If the movie becomes still a success it's just because of A.R.Rahman. Wait and see

Yathu
27th September 2008, 01:34 AM
:sigh2:

\All that expectation\ All that anticipation\ All that excitement\ All that hope\

All down the drain.

:cry:

:argh:

thineshan54321
27th September 2008, 07:07 AM

\All that expectation\ All that anticipation\ All that excitement\ All that hope\

All down the drain.

:cry:

:argh:

r u kidding me?

MADDY
27th September 2008, 07:58 AM
please read my review from tamil film section.......sorry guys, it was so bad that u cant even call it a "movie" .......it was more like a amateur guy's work on a camcorder

orkut ARR fans are ripping apart the movie and are totally pissed with rahman sir........this easily becomes the worst movie of ARRahman's career :x if this is what frndship with ppl. like dhanu, kadhir, AM.Rathnam going to give us - then i dont think sir needs such frndships :evil:

Ameer, such a wonderful talent longing to work with ARR and he works with a guy who doesent even know direction - kalaprabhu.......i'm afraid, even ARR's reputation will undergo some damage because of choosing this movie.......

thineshan54321
27th September 2008, 09:13 AM
please read my review from tamil film section.......sorry guys, it was so bad that u cant even call it a "movie" .......it was more like a amateur guy's work on a camcorder

orkut ARR fans are ripping apart the movie and are totally pissed with rahman sir........this easily becomes the worst movie of ARRahman's career :x if this is what frndship with ppl. like dhanu, kadhir, AM.Rathnam going to give us - then i dont think sir needs such frndships :evil:

Ameer, such a wonderful talent longing to work with ARR and he works with a guy who doesent even know direction - kalaprabhu.......i'm afraid, even ARR's reputation will undergo some damage because of choosing this movie.......

how is the picturization maddy? and wow i am totally shocked hearing this. was it that bad?

MADDY
27th September 2008, 09:23 AM
how is the picturization maddy? and wow i am totally shocked hearing this. was it that bad?

graphics for marudhani song, can u imagine :lol: .....this talks a lot abt the quality of song picturisation

Mahen
27th September 2008, 09:46 AM

Really? In the saroja function, ameer spoke like as if ARR turned him down..Ameer is always with yuvan from day one and i dont understand why he said that..It is not that ameer approach ARR with a script and ARR turned him down but the problem is Ameer did not even APPROACH ARR for his music..

dinesh2002
27th September 2008, 10:28 AM

Really? In the saroja function, ameer spoke like as if ARR turned him down..Ameer is always with yuvan from day one and i dont understand why he said that..It is not that ameer approach ARR with a script and ARR turned him down but the problem is Ameer did not even APPROACH ARR for his music..

:exactly: my thoughts!!! im still not sure what is/was Ameer's problem with ARR .... :huh:

A.ANAND
27th September 2008, 11:05 AM
sakkarakatti, ais kattiya oarnji pochu!ARR inimel avoroda close friends kaha padam pannuvathai vittu, nalla padaipali kalukku mukkiya thuvam tharum.esp.in tamil!

sakkarakatti innoru kathal virus pola! :banghead:

A.ANAND
27th September 2008, 11:21 AM

:exactly: my thoughts!!! im still not sure what is/was Ameer's problem with ARR .... :huh:

ameer arr approch panna vitham than sariyilla!mattapadi ulla arr-roda pannanum innu asai illama irukkum.

music man
27th September 2008, 02:46 PM
Once again....Great A.R.Rahman music let down by a poor movie......(As per the reviews, I think the movie is not at all good) :argh:

There is a sense of deja vu regarding ARR's movies failing at the B.O.

1) Suddenly a news comes that ARR is going to score in an un named movie....and the director says that the movie is going to be a greatest hit...

2) Then we ARR fans write lengthy articles and discuss about the plot, music even before the starcast are finalised...

3) Then few articles will come in newspapers that Rahman has given two rocking numbers and is working on the other songs...

4) Then the movie progress goes silent...

5) By this time 1 year would have gone...

6) Suddenly there will be a leaked news that audio is going to be out....

7) We again predict the songs, discuss about the probable songs...

8) Atlast after three or four months wait, audio releases and overnight audio will be declared a hit....

9) Finally the overhyped movie gets released and the movie bombs in the B.O...Poor ARR...He has to appoint some advisor to select good scripts...
Great songs going down with the movie...

How many times can we see this happening...See Kadhalil vizhunthen..The music was grt and movie promo was attractive and was given wide publicity whereas Sakkarakatti had no publicity and the promos were pathetic....

Sorry Rahman... :cry3: :argh:...This is just my opinion... :(

music man
27th September 2008, 02:49 PM
Many of them didn't have an idea that the movie was released or not...Thanks to Thaanu :banghead:

A.ANAND
27th September 2008, 03:40 PM
Once again....Great A.R.Rahman music let down by a poor movie......(As per the reviews, I think the movie is not at all good) :argh:

There is a sense of deja vu regarding ARR's movies failing at the B.O.

1) Suddenly a news comes that ARR is going to score in an un named movie....and the director says that the movie is going to be a greatest hit...

2) Then we ARR fans write lengthy articles and discuss about the plot, music even before the starcast are finalised...

3) Then few articles will come in newspapers that Rahman has given two rocking numbers and is working on the other songs...

4) Then the movie progress goes silent...

5) By this time 1 year would have gone...

6) Suddenly there will be a leaked news that audio is going to be out....

7) We again predict the songs, discuss about the probable songs...

8) Atlast after three or four months wait, audio releases and overnight audio will be declared a hit....

9) Finally the overhyped movie gets released and the movie bombs in the B.O...Poor ARR...He has to appoint some advisor to select good scripts...
Great songs going down with the movie...

How many times can we see this happening...See Kadhalil vizhunthen..The music was grt and movie promo was attractive and was given wide publicity whereas Sakkarakatti had no publicity and the promos were pathetic....

Sorry Rahman... :cry3: :argh:...This is just my opinion... :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: music man ayya,innum ethavathu irukka illa.....konjam micham vainnga!pothunda sami! :ashamed:

baba88
27th September 2008, 04:34 PM
I think Dhanu paid alot for A.R.Rahman. That's the reason why he accepted the movie.

dinesh2002
27th September 2008, 06:16 PM
I think Dhanu paid alot for A.R.Rahman. That's the reason why he accepted the movie.

:notthatway: ARR accepted this film solely becoz of Dhanu being a good friend of his... and he wanted to promote young talents.... esp Dhanu's son........ but ended up like this :?

thineshan54321
27th September 2008, 07:40 PM

:notthatway: ARR accepted this film solely becoz of Dhanu being a good friend of his... and he wanted to promote young talents.... esp Dhanu's son........ but ended up like this :?

everyone (bagyaraj, dhanu, arr) said that the way he narrated the story was amazing... i mean arr has no control over making the movie good other than to give great music and mindblowing BGM (which he did). hopefully this guy gets better with his direction. still appreciate him for getting good tunes from ARR which we are enjoying at the moment. i still hvnt seen the movie, maybe thats why i am so easy on this guy. if it's as bad as u guys tell me, ill go to chennai, find this guys house and serupalayae adichu konuduvan. but i know one thing for sure. there were many movies that flopped with arrs music but the music still remains rooted deeply in everyone's heart. thats the power of his music and we should be proud of that.

lancelot
27th September 2008, 08:15 PM
Funny how i don't really care about the movie, always knew it will flop, its come to a place where i just look forward to the music, PERIOD! Tamil movie are... no offense... SHIT..

only way ARR is gonna give good music to good movies is in Hindi, iv lost all hope for Tamil movie except for Mani, :(
sad but that truth

hehe

thiru_iyer
27th September 2008, 11:25 PM
That's not true lancelot. There's a lot of great Tamil movies - and yes, while I agree that Mani Rathnam is whom I look to the most, there are other quality directors that do pump out good movies. This is more of A.R.R.'s poor script choice than Kollywood being worse than Bollywood or Hollywood. There are a lot of solid movies, like Unnale Unnale, and then there are also beautiful artsy films like Katradhu Thamizh. Sure it may not come in copious quantities; but they exist, and A.R.R. should hire someone to find him those films.

prasana84
28th September 2008, 12:16 AM
That's not true lancelot. There's a lot of great Tamil movies - and yes, while I agree that Mani Rathnam is whom I look to the most, there are other quality directors that do pump out good movies. This is more of A.R.R.'s poor script choice than Kollywood being worse than Bollywood or Hollywood. There are a lot of solid movies, like Unnale Unnale, and then there are also beautiful artsy films like Katradhu Thamizh. Sure it may not come in copious quantities; but they exist, and A.R.R. should hire someone to find him those films.
once arr movies were all(most of) hits esp in 90's. now atm, sok, sakarakatti, kadhal virus, kkk, pp etc were all flops. i think he deosn't knows the current trend or will not watch other tamil movies to go with the current trend. but the future coming projects are promising in tamil. chennaiyil oru malai kalam, ravan, robot, marma yogi. so i think arr is escaped for the next three years :)

thineshan54321
28th September 2008, 12:25 AM
ARR is in a situation where ne one in the industry is willing to work with him (literally). so there is no excuse why he cant find good films. i am sure most of u will agree that there is atleast one or two films in tamil that are really good, i mean really good. ARR can easily choose those films.

baba88
28th September 2008, 01:04 AM
I think he tries to choose subjects where he knows that the music is going to be a hit. E.g. love movies. SOK and Sakkarakatti are romantic films so the songs were outstanding hits. ATM was just for the case of Vijay.

A.ANAND
28th September 2008, 11:41 AM
arr-rai vidungga,1 movie flop aana 4 movie panna producer,director irukkanga!but konja naalaikuu new directors kuda music pannuvatha avoid pannanum.because all movie with new directors are flop!

E20U18-JOTHI KRISHNA[FLOP]
SOK -KRIHNA [AVERAGE]
ATM -BARATHAN [AVARAGE]
SAKKARAKTTI-KALA PRABU[FLOP]

santhanu-va nenecaha than pavama irukku.pavam antha paiyan!fist movie ippadi flop aana,raasi illathavan innu oorang kattiduvanunnga!

thineshan54321
28th September 2008, 11:56 AM
arr-rai vidungga,1 movie flop aana 4 movie panna producer,director irukkanga!but konja naalaikuu new directors kuda music pannuvatha avoid pannanum.because all movie with new directors are flop!

E20U18-JOTHI KRISHNA[FLOP]
SOK -KRIHNA [AVERAGE]
ATM -BARATHAN [AVARAGE]
SAKKARAKTTI-KALA PRABU[FLOP]

santhanu-va nenecaha than pavama irukku.pavam antha paiyan!fist movie ippadi flop aana,raasi illathavan innu oorang kattiduvanunnga!

r u guys rushing it by saying sakarakatti is gonna flop? maybe like arrs slow poison, the movie might also catch up? or is it really that bad that u know its gonna flop?

Ramakrishna
28th September 2008, 01:27 PM
Thineshan,
It is not a movie at all. :lol:

Yathu
28th September 2008, 02:47 PM
I'm so glad I didn't go to watch this film with my family. I was telling them its gonna be great!

This happened with SOK last time. :lol:

baba88
28th September 2008, 03:06 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhyedLHwBSo

Dragun
29th September 2008, 04:54 AM
Baba88, what an awful picturization!

MADDY
29th September 2008, 08:26 AM

thats the best picturised song amongst others :)

sloshed
29th September 2008, 08:49 AM
Funny... Bhagyaraj.. the script God of Indian Cinema...said that if this guy is able to bring out 10% of what he told him this will be a super hit.. and then at the end he said.. he has brought out 10 times more than what he narrated.... arethe 'oldies' loosing it.. first BR, then KB now him??? Hope his 'Puthiya Varpugal ' is good..

sat_srini
29th September 2008, 08:57 AM
This might be a better picturisation of the song!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPs9zKPEAwQ

A.ANAND
29th September 2008, 09:05 AM
sakkarakkti-ke ippadi 'vuudu' katti adikiranungga,sultan vantha 'KLCC TOWER'-ra katti adipanngalo! :ashamed:

Thalafanz
29th September 2008, 09:15 AM
:lol:

Wibha
29th September 2008, 09:17 AM
This might be a better picturisation of the song!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPs9zKPEAwQ

are u serious :banghead: :banghead: i was expectiong SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

it's like watching freaking happy feet in tamil :banghead: :banghead:

i feel SOO BADDD :cry2: :cry2:

maddy,master all of you who watched it in the theatre :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Thalafanz
29th September 2008, 09:23 AM
it's like watching freaking happy feet in tamil :banghead: :banghead:

Happy Feet was nice... :x

A.ANAND
29th September 2008, 09:30 AM
moderator, please lock this tread!thangga mudiyilada sami! :huh:

Wibha
29th September 2008, 09:33 AM
just saw PARTS of ARR's INTERVIEW

kala parabhu's dad :evil: stop blowing your son's trumpet :evil: :hammer:

who's that guy who says he wrote taxi taxi lyrics with Na.muthukumar? :? :?

ARR is so humble :notworthy:

A.ANAND
29th September 2008, 10:07 AM
settupona snake-ka innum ethana periya adipinnga!

directhit
29th September 2008, 10:10 AM
Anand Sir - Kalaprabhu ungalukku biriyani packet vangi tharaara :roll: why tensan - venumna indha thread title um mathiduvom :P

Thalafanz
29th September 2008, 10:18 AM
Anand Sir - Kalaprabhu ungalukku biriyani packet vangi tharaara :roll: why tensan - venumna indha thread title um mathiduvom :P

I don't think it's tension but frustration... :sigh2:

A.ANAND
29th September 2008, 10:24 AM

briyani-ya??? :banghead: oru bottle veshatta kodukka sollunga!
avan[kala pirabu] overa interview-la pesumbethey nenechen :oops: :oops:nalla songs -sa mavane ippadi kavuthtayeda! :cry3: ella pugalum namma thalaivarukke :lol:
ippadi oru story-ya choose pannathukku!

directhit
29th September 2008, 10:26 AM
:lol: guess we can settle with some wonderful remixed youtube videos instead
Taxi Taxi was in my most awaited list :sigh2:

Wibha
29th September 2008, 10:37 AM

it's worse thaan vaan nila, new york nagaram picturisations :evil: :evil: :evil:

cha sheer disappointment!!!

Mahen
29th September 2008, 12:11 PM
just saw PARTS of ARR's INTERVIEW

kala parabhu's dad :evil: stop blowing your son's trumpet :evil: :hammer:

who's that guy who says he wrote taxi taxi lyrics with Na.muthukumar? :? :?

ARR is so humble :notworthy:

Blaaze

prasana84
1st October 2008, 12:08 AM

it's worse thaan vaan nila, new york nagaram picturisations :evil: :evil: :evil:

cha sheer disappointment!!!

Even mani ratnam or shankar didnt get such a peppy no from arr recently. this guy totally spoiled. to say the truth, after seeing the picturisation im nt able to listen to the song only the bad picturisation is upsetting me.

dinesh2002
1st October 2008, 12:12 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anand, neenge paadam pathethingala? hows the response here in Malaysia??

thineshan54321
1st October 2008, 05:53 AM
KARUMMMMMMMMMAMMMMMMMMM enangada ithu???????????
this picturization is enuff to speak volumes about this movie. cant believe the mukala of the 2000s is been spoiled by bad picturization. onnu nalla iruntha matathu nalla irukuthilayae! thalavithiya arrukku?

prasana84
1st October 2008, 02:43 PM
this picturization is enuff to speak volumes about this movie. cant believe the mukala of the 2000s is been spoiled by bad picturization. onnu nalla iruntha matathu nalla irukuthilayae! thalavithiya arrukku?
gud songs of arr like new york, munbe vaa, shivaji songs had some worst picturisation. sakarakatti songs :oops: matha music directors even average songs are picturised well. dono y this is happening only to arr. recently the only arr song picturised well is maduraiku pogathadee. :)

NOV
1st October 2008, 06:14 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anand, neenge paadam pathethingala? hows the response here in Malaysia??appavE sonnEn ... ular... ular... :lol2:

music man
2nd October 2008, 08:59 AM
Friends!!!!

Dont forget that the song was reshot again...

Reshoot panna song eh ivvalavu mosama irrukku....Appa firstu ivanga shoot panna vidham evalavu mosama irunthirukkum????? :hammer: :banghead:

music man
2nd October 2008, 09:00 AM
I was refferring to the Taxi Taxi song :oops2:

A.ANAND
3rd October 2008, 07:42 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anand, neenge paadam pathethingala? hows the response here in Malaysia??

innum illai! :ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:

A.ANAND
3rd October 2008, 08:19 AM
Many more prints for 'Sakkarakatti'

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/01102008-2.shtml

SoftSword
4th October 2008, 02:11 PM
gud songs of arr like new york, munbe vaa, shivaji songs had some worst picturisation. sakarakatti songs :oops: matha music directors even average songs are picturised well. dono y this is happening only to arr. recently the only arr song picturised well is maduraiku pogathadee. :)

thats according to u... ;)
for many of us its "Adhiradee" the best pirctuization....

Mahen
4th October 2008, 07:48 PM

:twisted: :hammer: Shankar will be crying if he reads this...For me, style,sahana and vaji vaji were brilliantly picturized..

baba88
4th October 2008, 09:26 PM
Why are not they doing any promotion for this Movie ? I thought Proudcer Dhanu would do the biggest promotion for a movie ever as this is the first movie of his son. But there is no ad in Sun Tv or Kalaigner Tv. They could easily get some more viewers to the theater through the songs. For example Sun Tv is promoting their movie Kadhalil Vilunden very aggressively. In 10 you will see the ad like 20 times on Sun Tv.

prasana84
4th October 2008, 11:43 PM

:twisted: :hammer: Shankar will be crying if he reads this...For me, style,sahana and vaji vaji were brilliantly picturized..
Sahana i felt the feel in the tune was missing in the picturisation. behind some 5 womens shaking the feathers was stupid and artificial. the set was also not tat great. style was average. forgot to say vaa ji vaa ji was brilliant. also athiradee was good. but the regular shankar picturisation was missing. balleilakka :banghead:

prasana84
4th October 2008, 11:45 PM

thats according to u... ;)
for many of us its "Adhiradee" the best pirctuization....
true even i stand with u. athiradi comes first. :)

SoftSword
5th October 2008, 02:14 PM

Sahana i felt the feel in the tune was missing in the picturisation. behind some 5 womens shaking the feathers was stupid and artificial. the set was also not tat great. style was average. forgot to say vaa ji vaa ji was brilliant. also athiradee was good. but the regular shankar picturisation was missing. balleilakka :banghead:

I agree with respect to sahana.... ballelakka was above average...
but adhiradee the stylish ever rajni song...

dinesh2002
5th October 2008, 04:58 PM

I agree with respect to sahana.... ballelakka was above average...
but adhiradee the stylish ever rajni song...

And Vaaji Vaaji is no doubt the best picturisation of Shankar's film.......

dinesh2002
5th October 2008, 06:12 PM
btw... wanted to share this here....

i wasn't so happy with the covers for sakarakatti in malaysia, so i made 1... hehe....

do check it out and comment on it..

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1530/sakarakatticdcovermadebsj7.th.jpg ('http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sakarakatticdcovermadebsj7.jpg')

NOV
5th October 2008, 06:37 PM
[html:6ecc8a8658]
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1530/sakarakatticdcovermadebsj7.jpg
[/html:6ecc8a8658]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: DINESH SCARED :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mahen
5th October 2008, 07:11 PM
btw... wanted to share this here....

i wasn't so happy with the covers for sakarakatti in malaysia, so i made 1... hehe....

do check it out and comment on it..

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1530/sakarakatticdcovermadebsj7.th.jpg ('http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sakarakatticdcovermadebsj7.jpg')

Not so bad.. :) My wild imagination design would be two giant ants eating up ARR's pic...hehe...Saw taxi taxi clip on sun music...Quite good..The choreography, imo, was good..energetic dance steps..

SoftSword
6th October 2008, 12:38 PM
yeah even i saw taxi taxi song in tv...
though it was not so great... its good and catchy....

and the background scores for a few clips shown were also good...

k_vanan
6th October 2008, 02:21 PM
Why Marudhani cliping not shown in SUNTV :( BTW now Chinnama song :2thumbsup: is my favorite :thumbsup: but the picturation :banghead:

ARR :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

dinesh2002
6th October 2008, 06:16 PM
thanks for the comments guys....

NOV!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

A.ANAND
8th October 2008, 09:54 AM
WOOW!SUPERB PERFORME BY CHINMAYEE AND BENNY 'CHINNAMMA CHILAKAMMA'SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwoRs834Xkc
chinmayee :lol2: enna thalukku enna nalukku! :lol:

Yathu
10th October 2008, 12:36 AM

:shock: They're miming to the track ON A SINGING CONTEST. Shocking.

Why couldn't they have just sang it live (minus the dancing)? :? :|

thineshan54321
10th October 2008, 07:07 AM

:shock: They're miming to the track ON A SINGING CONTEST. Shocking.

Why couldn't they have just sang it live (minus the dancing)? :? :|

i guess chinmayee's got plans for acting? go back to old old black and white movie days where heroines sing/dance/act :lol: :lol: that was very awkward for me too. if u r gonna dance, atleast take off the mic. anyone can figure out live singing for track singing especially since its ARRs tracks. no one can match the voice processing he does live.

united07
10th October 2008, 10:56 AM
Vijay TV aired Sakkarakatti sirappu parvai...followed by 'Poi Solla Varom' sirappu parvai.

To be honest, the latter is more youthful and interesting than Sakkarakatti.

Can someone please smack Kala prabooo and tell him he has not delivered a 'Nayagan' (the maniratnam version) nor has he delivered 'Boys'...so please shut up.

and do you guys notice, he is still claiming 'everyone liked the way i narrated the story and immediately liked it' so far, he never said 'they liked the outcome of the movie'. Why?

I guess he had something else in mind and delivered a half baked movie!

baba88
11th October 2008, 12:55 AM
Taxi Taxi is said to be the most downloaded Ringtone is the past 6 years.

A.ANAND
13th October 2008, 12:22 PM
thirai vimarsanam [sun tv]sakkarakatti review

http://www.techsatish.net/2008/10/06/05-10-
08-thirai-vimarsanam/

poruthar boomi alwar! :lol:

SoftSword
13th October 2008, 12:34 PM
I watched sakkarakkatti in pvr with my friends guys..
i dono wat intentions this director had in mind while directing the movie...
looks like a video album...
in between he filled in some scenes among those 6 songs...

but the background score is really too good... i was really enjoying it... thought the scenes doesn deserve that...

also... there were two bit songs... kinda ful english which comes once while introducing the heroine... and one while showing the college... anybody know anything more abt these songs... both of them were really good...

and one more happiest news:
after the movie ended, taxi taxi full song was shown again... i was more than happy... and everyone left the theatre after the repeat song was over, though they might hav been waiting for the movie to end...

Yathu
29th October 2008, 03:09 AM
Vote for Chinnamma in the SS music chart:

http://www.ssmusic.tv/top10.php

Thineshan, I'm promoting your cause (as you're not here!) :lol:

Mahen
29th October 2008, 07:34 AM
Bought sakarakatti vcd... The opening bgm was really good...Why the heck marudhanni was picturized on the hero? :banghead: :banghead: Weird...It was suppose to be a girl's song...Have not watched the 2nd cd

nickraman
29th October 2008, 10:39 AM

To be honest, he's spends at least 70% of the film's budget on songs. And he should be crying because he's only focused on that more than the story/screenplay. Rahman makes his films run half the time (or in this case, flock the crowd) coz Kadhalan had great songs, crappy story. Jeans follows the same suit. Mokka director and hype. Like Jeans/Kadhalan, now Sakkarakatti followed suit.

BGM was better than the OST ,but I expected better from ARR. I'm not crossing hopes for Enthiran.

ajaybaskar
14th November 2008, 12:15 PM
Sakkarakatti celebrates 50 days today in 3 theatres in Chennai.

Kudos to ARR and team...

ajaybaskar
14th November 2008, 01:20 PM
'Sakkarakatti' runs a sweet 50
IndiaGlitz [Friday, November 14, 2008

Director Kala Prabhu and actor Shanthanu's maiden venture 'Sakkarakatti' has gone ahead to complete a successful 50-day run across theatres.

The movie produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu and directed by his son Kala Prabhu had musical score by A R Rahman. Catchy numbers Taxi Taxi, Chinamma was the craze among the youngsters. The music itself gave it a grand opening and pulled the crowds to the theatres.

Though the movie received average reviews from the mass and the media, Sakkarakatti has now gone ahead to run 50-days. The good news is that the daddy Thanu has roped in his son Kalaprabhu to do another movie for his Kalaipuli International.

Kalaprabhu has completed the story and screenplay and search is on for the star cast.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/43004.html

A.ANAND
14th November 2008, 04:53 PM
theater canteen vela seiravanaga otti irupanngalo!

ajaybaskar
14th November 2008, 04:59 PM

Honestly, the film is running in chennai alone and that too bcoz of the songs and Thanu's hold with the theatres.

A.ANAND
14th November 2008, 05:08 PM

Honestly, the film is running in chennai alone and that too bcoz of the songs and Thanu's hold with the theatres.
appa,kala prabu next with arr again! :roll:

thineshan54321
16th November 2008, 07:44 AM
enna karumammaiyaa!! enna padamada saami... no respect at all. i finally got around to seeing this film and if it wasnt for ARRs music, this will easily be the worst movie ever created in history. surprised it completed more than 10 days. i think the movie would have done way better if kalaprabhu just made 6 videos and just released it as a "movie".

MADDY
16th November 2008, 04:09 PM

Kudos to ARR and team...

thalaivar-kku kumbaabhishekam-e nadathhanum....... :notworthy:

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 06:42 AM

Kudos to ARR and team...

sakkarakati movie-ya choose pannathukagava?? :lol:

rayan36
17th November 2008, 07:31 AM

Kudos to ARR and team...

thank god for the songs....but really...50days ku celebrationa?

thineshan54321
17th November 2008, 07:37 AM

Kudos to ARR and team...

thank god for the songs....but really...50days ku celebrationa?

i think maddy is saying that because its just ARR thats keeping hte moving running for 50 days. so this accomplishment goes to ARR alone and to make a movie run 50 days just using hte music is a huge accomplishment. equivalent to a good director/actor making a movie run for 250 days. :notworthy:

MADDY
17th November 2008, 11:56 AM
i think maddy is saying that because its just ARR thats keeping hte moving running for 50 days. so this accomplishment goes to ARR alone and to make a movie run 50 days just using hte music is a huge accomplishment. equivalent to a good director/actor making a movie run for 250 days. :notworthy:

adhe adhe :D

rayan36
17th November 2008, 12:53 PM
yeah i 100 percent agree on that, i just hope the organizers of this function realizes that too....

A.ANAND
17th November 2008, 07:50 PM
ithuvaraikum entha tv channel-layum sakarakati song ithuvaraikum pakkave mudiyala.sun tv-la 'kathalii vilunthen'song mattum than kekka mudiyuthu.vanthi vara alavukku pottu kollaranunnga :banghead:

dinesh2002
17th November 2008, 07:59 PM
ithuvaraikum entha tv channel-layum sakarakati song ithuvaraikum pakkave mudiyala.sun tv-la 'kathalii vilunthen'song mattum than kekka mudiyuthu.vanthi vara alavukku pottu kollaranunnga :banghead:

they play taxi taxi.... i saw once.. but not full....

NEVER saw Marudhani as yet... :(.... beautiful song vanished.... damn the dir!!!! :x :x

kutti_anand
25th November 2008, 02:21 PM
"The good news is that the daddy Thanu has roped in his son Kalaprabhu to do another movie for his Kalaipuli International. "

-----> Idhu Dhanu ku bad news aache....

A.ANAND
25th November 2008, 03:38 PM
"The good news is that the daddy Thanu has roped in his son Kalaprabhu to do another movie for his Kalaipuli International. "

appa title 'mannvetti'than!

kutti_anand
25th November 2008, 08:44 PM

appa title 'mannvetti'than!

Namaku mudi kottama irundha seri....

enakennamo Dhanu avlo muttal illa nu thonuthu.... apdiye andha news unmaya irundhalum, arr wont be a part of it..... CONFIRMED-NGA!!!!!

ajaybaskar
4th January 2009, 09:30 AM
[tscii:7885766c38]"The leader of 2008 Tamil Music"

As every year comes to the end, arm-chair critics and jobless young men everywhere come up with their own choice for "the song of the year". I belong to the second category. Here’s my take on which song had the maximum impact in Tamil Nadu in 2008.

Harris Jayaraj came up with four albums this year. Bheema and Sathyam turned out to be damp squibs which reminded one of his old tunes. Dhaam Dhoom had one very good track in Anbe En Anbe. Then came one extraordinary album in November. Vaaranam Aayiram was an all-hit album with the first rock song in adiye kolluthe. Nenjukul peidhidum showcased Hariharan at his zenith. Ava enna enna became a big hit with great choreography, touching lyrics and Karthik's voice which gave the number apt support.

Yuvan too had a great year. Hey salaa was a cracker of a song with energetic dance by Ajith. Dosth bada dosth became a half-anthem for friendship (one other song which hit the charts at the same time eclipsed it completely, though). Where is the party? was a big favourite in all radio stations. Yaaradi nee mohini too had some nice tunes.

Vijay Antony came up with a song which was the rage for quite some time. He "Nakka Mukka-ed" his way to success. Thozhiya en Kadhaliya was a popular caller tune.

Himesh Reshammiya's debut in Kollywood Dasavatharam was very much average.

That brings me to choosing the best album of the year:

Its surprising to see a fresher coming up with such a riveting album. The TV anchor of yesteryears, James Vasanthan, came up with a breezy album with complete variety in the middle of the year. Subramaniyapuram had 5 songs, each one in a different plane. Madura Kulunga was full of folk beats. Kangal Irandal was a touching melody with nice lyrics. Kadhal siluvayil had Shankar Mahadevan's sonorous rendition. Theme Song was a cross between folk and rap. Theneeril Snegitham had the talented Benny Dayal in it. Though it had nothing to do with the movie, it was highly catchy.

Now for the ultimate accolade-song of the year:

Harris may have had 4 albums...Yuvan may have had 4 albums...But one song from the Mozart of Madras eclipsed them all. One song which has applied to THE LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS for being played more than 450 times in radio stations within 30 hours. One song which made the worst movie of the year run for 50 days. One song for which the entire audience waited for two excruciating hours in a torture of a movie. One song which was very popular in spite of the ordinary picturisation. One song which was the most used caller tune of the year. One song which was fitted uncomfortably in a movie with a bad hero, very bad heroines, very very bad director. A complete fun song on friendship with simple lyrics, rocking music and hot rap by Blaaze. Only AR RAHMAN can do such magic."Taxi Taxi" is, by quite a distance, the song of the year.

Objections, anyone????

By Umesh,
2nd year BE ECE,
PSG TECH,CBE
umesh.psg@gmail.com

From behindwoods.com[/tscii:7885766c38]

ajaybaskar
4th January 2009, 09:31 AM
Sakkarakatti completes a 100 day run in Chennai..

MADDY
4th January 2009, 10:20 AM
Sakkarakatti completes a 100 day run in Chennai..

oorengum thalaivar posters says "indraya golden globe-kku, naalaya oscar-kku vaazthukkal" or something similar :bow: .....tamil papers/media dhaan rahman-oda golden globe nominations/possible oscar victory-a pathhi janangalukku sollala atleast kala prabhu is doing that.........i'm sure a average tamilian will be very proud if he knows achievements of rahman.......thanks kiddo :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
4th January 2009, 10:33 AM
Tamil media/papers have a long way to go,maddy. My opinion on this would ignite lots of counter arguments which would be needless at this point. So we'l discuss this in person...

MADDY
4th January 2009, 04:22 PM
Tamil media/papers have a long way to go,maddy. My opinion on this would ignite lots of counter arguments which would be needless at this point. So we'l discuss this in person...

UP/Bihar/MP-la oru popular newspaper - dainik baskar - put ARRahman as one of the persons to watch out for in 2009......vidunga, avarukku namma irukkom :)

A.ANAND
4th January 2009, 04:52 PM
tamil media/paper namitha-vukkum 9tara-vukkum namma tamil makkal koil katta simen,manalu pattala innu 'live report'kudukka poithanggalam! :lol: tamil nadu media 200% politic media!

thineshan54321
6th January 2009, 11:14 PM
i just noticed something Ramakrishna. after the movie has been released all our threads will have AR in front of it. what a coincidence. :)

Ramakrishna
6th January 2009, 11:34 PM
i just noticed something Ramakrishna. after the movie has been released all our threads will have AR in front of it. what a coincidence. :)

hehe..true

ajaybaskar
1st February 2009, 01:20 PM
Heroine Intro song from Sakkarakatti..

http://www.mediafire.com/?dniiydmyymj

ajaybaskar
12th February 2009, 04:49 PM
Suntv telecasts Sakkarakatti this saturday... Best thing is that they give the ad as "Indhiya tholaikaatchiyil mudhal muraiyaaga, A.R Rahman Isaiyil...."

Yathu
12th February 2009, 07:05 PM
Suntv telecasts Sakkarakatti this saturday... Best thing is that they give the ad as "Indhiya tholaikaatchiyil mudhal muraiyaaga, A.R Rahman Isaiyil...." :cool:

A.ANAND
13th February 2009, 05:49 AM
Suntv telecasts Sakkarakatti this saturday... Best thing is that they give the ad as "Indhiya tholaikaatchiyil mudhal muraiyaaga, A.R Rahman Isaiyil...."

nalla velai 'indhiya tholaikaatchiyil mudhal muraiyaaaga,a.r.rahman isaiyil t.v serial'innu sollama ponangale! :lol:

ajay, unnga signature! :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
15th February 2009, 12:58 PM
Thanx,Anand :D

jaaze
15th February 2009, 11:11 PM

nalla velai 'indhiya tholaikaatchiyil mudhal muraiyaaaga,a.r.rahman isaiyil t.v serial'innu sollama ponangale! :lol:

ajay, unnga signature! :notworthy:

:rotfl:
but seriously. the movie is worse than a tv serial
or to say, looks like some school's annual function drama
dunno why arr even agreed to compose for this
hope he avoids such movies now. he's of a different calibre altogether

Yathu
16th February 2009, 01:12 AM
ARR said in one of his interviews he was bowled over by the way he conveyed his script and the guy did wait ages (a couple of years I think) for ARR to do the music. I suppose his dad added a bit of weight to the argument too. You never know he might even work with ARR again, Kadhir does!