PDA

View Full Version : Living in India

girishk14
29th April 2006, 11:26 AM
Hi everybody. The thread I previously openind about India was closed as it had some negative comments and was rather impolite. Lets continue with the thread here.

Share ur experiences and tell how u feel about livingin India. What are the main problems u face in India? Do you like living there?

As all of u know, I will be migrating from Singapore back to India next moth. I will then be studying in a school in Bangalore. I don't know how India will be like. Please educate me on how India will be?

Students can share their school life experinces. I really want to know what I will see and can expect from Bangalore and India.

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 11:43 AM
Girish you can refer to terminator's School and college galattas of school experiences. Read them there...if you want information on school life you can ask them there too..:D

girishk14
29th April 2006, 12:21 PM
Please use this thread to convey ur feeling about India...

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 12:43 PM
Lemme start with weaknesses

1. DIRTY ROADS
2. pollution
3. bad commuting system
4. population

thats bout it

strengths

1. great ppl / friendly
2. India is lively and fun
3. good food
4. Good education
5. Economical depending on place u stay

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 12:52 PM
Lemme start with weaknesses

1. DIRTY ROADS
2. pollution
3. bad commuting system
4. population

thats bout it

Nope...wat abt deteriorating values? (wich r apparently resp. for bringing abt a -ve impression abt India on 'outsiders' like poor Girish here!)....

strengths

1. great ppl / friendly
2. India is lively and fun
3. good food
4. Good education
5. Economical depending on place u stay
Hmm.....a bit skeptical abt no. 4.....:)

great
29th April 2006, 12:55 PM
Lamby, why are you skeptical with that 4th option !!! I am sure what she said is rite.

girishk14
29th April 2006, 12:57 PM
Lamby, why are you skeptical with that 4th option !!! I am sure what she said is rite.

I really hope it is correct...

Tell me anyway, do students in Bangalore carry handphones and IPODS with them? I am referring to the richer type of students who study is expensive schools with fees around 25000 rupes per year..

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 12:58 PM
Lamby sir not sure if you have read the news but current education experts have done a survey and found out that india's education system is the best in the world...most of their students are very logical and very fast in accepting new trends in education.

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 01:06 PM
Ille gr8....wat I mean is, its good in the sense, making us professionally/intellectually competent but morally empty & more material-inclined.....! :(
Neways, tats my view! :)

great
29th April 2006, 01:11 PM
I agree with ur moral point :)

Girish, Guess for school level they wont allow handset and ipods

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 01:13 PM

Tell me anyway, do students in Bangalore carry handphones and IPODS with them? I am referring to the richer type of students who study is expensive schools with fees around 25000 rupes per year..
Sheesh! Man, u sound like a real ipod/handph. freak! :roll: :lol:
Do u like to collect them as a hobby or sumthing?! :lol2:
But abt ur qury on expensive schools, is tat the type of school wher u really wnat to study? No doubt such schools may appear "high-class" w/ state-of-the-art technology to aid teaching & all tat.....but most of the students in such schools come from rich cosmo backgrounds & tend to grow up in a carefree manner at home as well as in the school so they end up being spoilt......like, its common in their circle to get into unwanted pursuits like GFs/BFs/smoking/etc. wen they r still in school!
This trend is slowly spreading out into upper class students even in the supposedly well-reputed convent schools nowadays....!
So make sure u get a lot of inputs on the types of schools u want to go for.....

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 01:15 PM
Lamby sir....that is because handphones and ipods are allowed in all schools in singapore provided they dunt use them in classrooms or during school time...they can be used at canteens though.

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 01:23 PM
Lamby sir not sure if you have read the news but current education experts have done a survey and found out that india's education system is the best in the world...most of their students are very logical and very fast in accepting new trends in education.
Anna hulk....I'm well aware of the 'developments' tat many edu. institutions here claim to hav nowadays......for eg. even my ex-school is known to be the 1st school in Hyd'bad to get an ISO 9002 certification.....also ther r int'l schools coming up even in level 2 cities likes Vizag here......all this sounds impressive no doubt, but as I said, its only developing students intellectually to the extent of coming up professionally after they finish their education.....but the system continues to be unsuccessful in strengthening the moral fibre of the youth who r educated in it. The main result today is an imbalance in the moral/cultural aspect in our youth, who r undermining private morals & acceptable norms of behaviour in their everyday life...:(

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 01:23 PM
i suppose many richer class DO CARRY such gadgets.

LAMBRETTA,

I TOTALLY DISAGREE with u as regards moral view. Where in world, do u think they have soooooooooo many moral restrictions imposed?

we talk about not abiding by it cause, WE HAVE THOSE VALUES. Not in many countries such values are even spoken about.

PPL WHO TALK BAD OR IS STUNNED ABOUT INDIA'S DECREASING VALUES are mainly indians settled abroad, who visualise india in its own 70z or 80z trend.

Globalization, mtv, vtv, internet, and u think INDIANS ARE DOLLS to sit quietly. It has impact in every country INDIA is not an exception too. After all INDIANS are humans.

SPARE THEM.

girishk14
29th April 2006, 01:27 PM

Sheesh! Man, u sound like a real ipod/handph. freak! :roll: :lol:
Do u like to collect them as a hobby or sumthing?! :lol2:
But abt ur qury on expensive schools, is tat the type of school wher u really wnat to study? No doubt such schools may appear "high-class" w/ state-of-the-art technology to aid teaching & all tat.....but most of the students in such schools come from rich cosmo backgrounds & tend to grow up in a carefree manner at home as well as in the school so they end up being spoilt......like, its common in their circle to get into unwanted pursuits like GFs/BFs/smoking/etc. wen they r still in school!
This trend is slowly spreading out into upper class students even in the supposedly well-reputed convent schools nowadays....!
So make sure u get a lot of inputs on the types of schools u want to go for.....

My parents have already paid donation and entrance fees for a school.

Does that mean I cannot have GFs in Bangalore, India?? :(

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 01:28 PM
Akka vidunga...everybody has their own opinion...maybe Lamby sir is sad at the prospect of the students leaving the country to try their fortunes elsewhere instead of serving their own country..and it is true in a way.

btw Akka offtopic...MTV kelvi pattirukkaen..athu enna VTV?...

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 01:30 PM
BISHOP cottons is a very posh hep schoool here.
pleawse be careful with ur habits and friends u acquire.
yup if u look out for one, u can get many gfs in bangalore. not to worry bout it.

What u do with ur life is up to u.

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 01:33 PM
LAMBRETTA,

I TOTALLY DISAGREE with u as regards moral view. Where in world, do u think they have soooooooooo many moral restrictions imposed?
Sorry SP, but imposing moral restrictions at a later stage serve to be futile wen the foundation itself isnt strongly reinforced.....
Neways, I've gone too much in depth here.....my main point of mentioning this is bcos many parents today (NRIs as well as locals) r highly impressed by "International" or "high-tech" schools coming up everywher in India, thinking those alone r guaranteed to give their kids "best" education as opposed to sum xyz public schools tat they've so far known.....but they dont realise tat more than the physical standards to wich institutions r raised, its the emphasis on the values early on tat is goin2 mould their kids as good future citizens.

Globalization, mtv, vtv, internet, and u think INDIANS ARE DOLLS to sit quietly. It has impact in every country INDIA is not an exception too. After all INDIANS are humans.
SPARE THEM.
It has impact on every country no doubt.......but as u said, the values tat we supposedly hav r not even spoken abt in many of those other countries.....so obv. it does hav an effect on them more than it does on us.....but whether we accept or not, the transparency in the value system wich we take for granted in our proclaimed good education is allowing the said deterioration to creep in. :)

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 01:39 PM
My parents have already paid 1.5 laks of donation and entrance fees for a school namely Bishop Cotton's Boys School in Bangalore. Anybody know this school??
:shock: :roll:
U must be a happy-go-lucky or sum kind of whizkid if u cud be concerned abt nething/everything except ur studies, man! Tat too if ur goin2 study in Indian edu. system, wher u hav to put in a lot of hard work w/ the competition! :lol:
Neways, since u'd be new to the Indian system, u'll hav to put in a little more effort esp. for ur 10th board exams, compared to those who r already used to the system.....so I asure u, u'll be far too busy to think abt GFs as yet! :wink: :P
Besides, ur only 14 man! Dont tell me u've had GFs already....!
But yea, no probs. getting GFs in b'lore as SP says..... :roll: :oops:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 01:42 PM
yup if u look out for one, u can get many gfs in bangalore. not to worry bout it.

Well girish...whether your friends are the good or abit not good type..if you can watch over urself and know what is right and wrong..you should be ok..:)

gfs ah?....ennamo avan angae matrimonial advertisement naduthuraan...neenga avan kitae solluraenge ponnunga ellam kideikuma elleiya nu...thu..:D

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 01:43 PM
Lamby sir...even twelve year olds have gfs here in sg...so its not really a big issue....:lol:

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 01:51 PM
Akka vidunga...everybody has their own opinion...maybe Lamby sir is sad at the prospect of the students leaving the country to try their fortunes elsewhere instead of serving their own country..and it is true in a way.
Illa hulk....nan athu patthi onnum pesale inge....:)

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 01:58 PM
Unnumae elleiya....seri...naan tappa ninaichithaen polarakku...:oops:

great
29th April 2006, 02:09 PM

:? :roll: :lol: :oops: :roll: :lol: Romba nalla doubt :P Concentrate on your studies !!!

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 02:10 PM
Great sir athaan....nalla edutthu solli vidunga avar kitae...:D

Lambretta
29th April 2006, 02:38 PM
:? :roll: :lol: :oops: :roll: :lol: Romba nalla doubt :P Concentrate on your studies !!!
:lol:
Gr8, avar etthe poi 'study' pannarthuku concentrate pannararo theriythu illeya?! :wink: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:25 PM
lemme break the news.

Ive heard in some posh schools few students are into drugs.

PLEASE BE WARE OF IT. Nothing else is a problem.
That is what one should be careful about :(

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:29 PM

Well girish...whether your friends are the good or abit not good type..if you can watch over urself and know what is right and wrong..you should be ok..:)

gfs ah?....ennamo avan angae matrimonial advertisement naduthuraan...neenga avan kitae solluraenge ponnunga ellam kideikuma elleiya nu...thu..:D

Friends who are girls if understood in right sense would be not a taboo to talk. Friends who are girls in special way i suppose school kids are too young to talk about. Nevertheless they talk. We cant go and conduct lecture to every school kid, to talk what we want.

Life would teawch them better things and give them worthy lectures.

I have highlighted the words u posted above, I suggest u to use better words and mannerisms when conversing or arguing with anybody as regarding any topic.

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 04:30 PM
Drugs ah?...english dictionary leh yenukku pidikaatha word....akka sometimes peer pressure and stress can force someone to take drugs..im not sure if such things(peer pressure etc) happen at school....even if it does one must be able to stand up to such atrocities but at the same time when one is mentally down...they might listen to anything that seems good to them.

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 04:33 PM

Friends who are girls if understood in right sense would be not a taboo to talk. Friends who are girls in special way i suppose school kids are too young to talk about. Nevertheless they talk. We cant go and conduct lecture to every school kid, to talk what we want.

I have highlighted the words u posted above, I suggest u to use better words and mannerisms when conversing or arguing with anybody as regarding any topic.

Akka ennai manichidunga...naan joking sense leh thuppinaen...enimel appadi oru tappu seiyavae mattein...yes girlfriends are actually just our friends...but i can see from what girish says its more of the relationship kind.

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:33 PM
lambretta, I again stress, the question is about HOW IS life in india.

While comparing previous indian standards moral values have deteriorated, IT IS STILL INTACT whne comparing with general or rest of the world.

I hope u get my point.

Yeah, public schools are looked down upon and international schools are welcomed because of the reach, it has globally. When u are in the stream, one has to swim along with it, unless its absolute filth we are swimming in.

Tell me, how many of u, tommorrow when u have ur kids would be too willing to make ur children study in any local school, when u have all financial and economical ability to give them international education?

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:38 PM

Akka ennai manichidunga...naan joking sense leh thuppinaen...enimel appadi oru tappu seiyavae mattein...yes girlfriends are actually just our friends...but i can see from what girish says its more of the relationship kind.

thats okei hulk. I felt lil hurt, as the mannerism depicted there was not very welcoming.

'mannichudunga'nnu solli, u make me embarassed. Nevertheless I THINK U OWE one.

It, in the best manners is not advisable to do such act, I know u did not mean anything there. I quoted this cause, u seem to have good talkin or debating skills with nice ideas. When u convey ur idea, it should reach the opponent in a pleasing way.

:)

kovapadatheenga. What I said must have hurt u yet i am sure it would do u good in long run.

btw,

I meant FTV, unarchi vasa pattu vtv nnu pottuten :roll:

I know ive hurt u, unfortunately I am right, so ..... I guess I wont ask sorry for it :)

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 04:41 PM
Kovama..cheh cheh...intha mathiri storm in a tea cup vishayathukku ellam enakku kobam varaathu...partly my fault as my usual chatting expertise(IRC) we do talk like that as in a non serious way so i guess it caught on with me here as well....ithukkellam hurt ah...ada neenga onnu..periyavanga solvethilum keikunum allava?..:wink:

oh ftv ah....Akka yenukku FTVyum theriyaathu...FTV na enna..:oops:

great
29th April 2006, 04:41 PM
Gr8, avar etthe poi 'study' pannarthuku concentrate pannararo theriythu illeya?! :wink: :lol:

He looks worried about GF !!! :roll: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:43 PM
Drugs ah?...english dictionary leh yenukku pidikaatha word....akka sometimes peer pressure and stress can force someone to take drugs..im not sure if such things(peer pressure etc) happen at school....even if it does one must be able to stand up to such atrocities but at the same time when one is mentally down...they might listen to anything that seems good to them.

yup. Some ppl told me so. I am not sure of the statistics or names of instts which has max statistics. Yet its prev in some schools esp in posh schools.

I dont think its cause of peer pressure. What big resp they have except to study and excel in studies? That should not lead to pressure. I suppose its PLEASURE derived from these, which drives them to such alarming decisions :( It really pains, when I mention this.

Young students, smoking, takin drugs, alcohol etc SHOULD BE SEVERELY, LEGALLY punished. People who are inspiring them into these should be severely punished and dealth with :(

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Kovama..cheh cheh...intha mathiri storm in a tea cup vishayathukku ellam enakku kobam varaathu...partly my fault as my usual chatting expertise(IRC) we do talk like that as in a non serious way so i guess it caught on with me here as well....ithukkellam hurt ah...ada neenga onnu..periyavanga solvethilum keikunum allava?..:wink:

hulk, when in a informal gathering, say with my close friends gang or yahoo messenger friend, i use jovial words or similar words like wht uve said.

Its not that I am budda bikshuni. I stressed on this as this is a public forum. Our talking or debating style should vary based on where we are or which threawd we post :D

oh ftv ah....Akka yenukku FTVyum theriyaathu...FTV na enna..:oops:

:rotfl: anyaya innocent elarum. enakkum ftv nna enannu theriyathu. etho oru flow la vanthiduchu . vitrunga :lol:

great
29th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Intha great mathiri utharmar( :roll: ) irrukura kaalathula sila DHustargalum irrukaragal :evil:

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 04:49 PM
Akka neengalae avangalakku death penalty koduthiduvaenge polarakku..:lol:...This is a global issue we need to address...I and you know that all we need to focus on our studies and there is nothing else expected from them...but in the process they make friends who might force them into drugs..i just hope people realise what drugs can do their lives by watching these documentaries on them...i go by this comment.

"Punishments should not destroy a person...they should reform him"

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:49 PM
Intha great mathiri utharmar( :roll: ) irrukura kaalathula sila DHustargalum irrukaragal :evil:

inga yaaru uthamar?
yaaru dushtar?

great
29th April 2006, 04:51 PM
inga yaaru uthamar?
yaaru dushtar?

Great uthamar :roll: :P

Dushtargala great kaiyala type panna maatar :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:52 PM
Akka neengalae avangalakku death penalty koduthiduvaenge polarakku..:lol:...This is a global issue we need to address...I and you know that all we need to focus on our studies and there is nothing else expected from them...but in the process they make friends who might force them into drugs..i just hope people realise what drugs can do their lives by watching these documentaries on them...i go by this comment.

"Punishments should not destroy a person...they should reform him"

I suggest severe punishment FOR PPL WHO INSPIRE such things(example dealers who resort to these knowin about the consequences)
not for ppl who are into it. They can come out of it only with love and care shown by close friends and relatives.

you are true, when u say punsihment should reform a person and not destroy them.

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 04:52 PM
Great sir neenga thaan uthamar of the century....:notworthy:....intha Greatai pidikathavanga ellarum dushtar thaan..:evil:

great
29th April 2006, 04:53 PM
Great sir neenga thaan uthamar of the century....:notworthy:....intha Greatai pidikathavanga ellarum dushtar thaan..:evil:

appa !!! chandrashekarum uthamar pa :o

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 04:53 PM
Akka yes...those who inspire such things should be severely dealt with..paravalae naanae thambi stylae ellarum adichi pothu thiruttura mathiri dialogues solluraen...enna solraenge akka?..:D

Shakthiprabha.
29th April 2006, 04:58 PM
thiruthara mathiri dialogue sollunga. :thumbsup: :D

adichu podatheenga :scared: :D

girishk14
29th April 2006, 05:01 PM
I really need a final reply on handphones and I-Pods. Do u people I should buy a better model to bring to India? It is not for collecting and is for entertainment. But...is it is stolen?

What do u guys think?

Hulkster
29th April 2006, 05:06 PM
seri adikka mattein...anaal yenukku anniyan mathiri kobam vanthaal naan adippaen...:D...girish its not really important to have a hp now....you can bring your hp and ipod there and let me remind you that no matter where you go such classy items do get stolen...its not a only-happens-in-one-country thing...hope you understand whats important and whats not..:)

villan007
29th April 2006, 05:08 PM
I really need a final reply on handphones and I-Pods. Do u people I should buy a better model to bring to India? It is not for collecting and is for entertainment. But...is it is stolen?

What do u guys think?

Ya... the Mobile phone prices are quite high here.. better buy in sg 8-)

make sure it supports GSM 900/1800 spectrum :P

girishk14
29th April 2006, 06:00 PM
-deleted-

NOV
29th April 2006, 07:27 PM
Moderator's note: One more demeaning post like the above and you will be banned without further ado.

girishk14
29th April 2006, 07:43 PM
Moderator's note: One more demeaning post like the above and you will be banned without further ado.

I forgot...what did I post??

azhagi
29th April 2006, 09:55 PM
Girish,I posted in your earlier deleted thread also,

I thought I won't post here,same questions you are asking again and again....

Tell me,are you going to India to study or for something else....you are actually not bothered about studies at all...you are concerned about phones,ipods,GFs---things that are really not concerned with schools or studies.... :twisted: .

When you have such negative opinions even before going there,nothing is going to improve once you land there..... :evil:

Ghlli
29th April 2006, 11:49 PM
girish seems like ur more intrested in blanking ur teachers by ipods and getting girlfriends rather than studying and making friends :rotfl:

girishk14
30th April 2006, 06:49 AM
No..its not like I am really interested in IPODS and GFs. I am not bothered about studies as I am already quite ok in it. Furthermore, I have bought books from India and I have read through those. I feel I can manage my studies to an extent.

But it is these other issues which I am worried about. If I go to India, I won't be able to buy Ipods and Handphones as it will be too expensive there.

Sanguine Sridhar
30th April 2006, 07:07 AM
Girish!! :lol: So this is your concern!! Ipod-s and Mobiles are must for the students :roll: .. Please buy it.Will you smoke?drink? If not please practise because it is must for the students..You have any girl friends? If no please have one(..or more) because if you dont have girlfriend while you are studying its a big sin :o .. What then? You come here for studying right!! Do that also..Paavam-la ungga appa/amma..Konjam konjam padikavum seyngga :twisted:

girishk14
30th April 2006, 07:29 AM
Girish!! :lol: So this is your concern!! Ipod-s and Mobiles are must for the students :roll: .. Please buy it.Will you smoke?drink? If not please practise because it is must for the students..You have any girl friends? If no please have one(..or more) because if you dont have girlfriend while you are studying its a big sin :o .. What then? You come here for studying right!! Do that also..Paavam-la ungga appa/amma..Konjam konjam padikavum seyngga :twisted:

omg..dun be so bad...that was evil

Lambretta
30th April 2006, 02:25 PM
While comparing previous indian standards moral values have deteriorated, IT IS STILL INTACT whne comparing with general or rest of the world.
I hope u get my point.
Ok....got tat....:)

Yeah, public schools are looked down upon and international schools are welcomed because of the reach, it has globally. When u are in the stream, one has to swim along with it, unless its absolute filth we are swimming in.
Tell me, how many of u, tommorrow when u have ur kids would be too willing to make ur children study in any local school, when u have all financial and economical ability to give them international education?
Well, if u literally mean MY children....to be honest, I wudnt really care wat kinda school they studied in or how they study......:lol:
OK, jokes apart, I'd think it enuff if they didnt hav to go to one o the Govt. schools (:oops:)......I'd studied in convents & finally in a 'normal' pvt. school.....I found all of them pretty good afa teaching & discipline wer concerned atleast......& I guess parents shud be equally concerend abt tat aspect not jus abt how far across the world this school reaches or how posh its considered to be.....
Wat I meant was, at the end of the day wud it make ne difference if u spent a little extra so ur kid is impeccable in vocabulary & comes from a school w/ worldwide recog. if hez picked up the wrong sort of crowd ther mainly due to peer influence?
One of our ex-hubbers, He3walrus, had also stressed on a similar point in another thread.....convents esp. (even expensive, posh ones) wer originally known for their impeccable standards of discipline, as opposed to govt. schools then, until they turned more cosmopolitan & focus shifted towards infrastructure & material development.....
And even u mention here tat drugs r now quite prevalent in the 'posh' schools.....so? :)
Not tat therez of course ne guarantee tat no students from 'ordniary' schools wud fall into these traps....jus commenting on the myth of fascination tat ppl. hav abt 'high funda' edu. institutions....:)

Lambretta
30th April 2006, 02:29 PM
Aama, avarode avtaar-e paathale avar itha patthi etthana serious-nu theriythu ! :wink: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
30th April 2006, 04:58 PM
Aama, avarode avtaar-e paathale avar itha patthi etthana serious-nu theriythu ! :wink: :lol:

:lol: :oops:

paavam vitrunga. chinna payyana ellaaruma ivlo kindal panreenga. :oops:

Lambretta
30th April 2006, 05:03 PM
OK ok....puttin the brakes here! :D

girishk14
30th April 2006, 05:33 PM
ok..forget all the gf thing. Its damn lame

Lets continue about India....

girishk14
30th April 2006, 06:31 PM
Hey..people, I am not going to insult any country.

But..could u just tell me what to expect in India.

And how are students there?
How should I get along with them?

rocketboy
30th April 2006, 07:07 PM
India is a great country. It is the home to the best brains in the world. So you are going to have a hard time competing with indian students . lol ! just kidding. but from the numerous posts of yours i can infer that your interests lies elsewhere :sigh: .

Sanguine Sridhar
30th April 2006, 07:16 PM
You can expect Very good and bright students for sure..

crazy
30th April 2006, 07:31 PM
i can guarantee u will love living india! i felt the same thing when i moved from norway to india! schools were ofcourse not much good! both not the buildings that give u education, its the teacher and ofcourse sorroundings!

i was 10 yrs when i joined indian school........hmm that was pretty scary, they beat students, something even parents can do in countries like norway!
but i started loving india so much, ofcourse u cant use ipod/mp 3 and not cell! i dont know whether thay got changed or not!
students will be very loving and sometimes annoying, but students r just the same across the world!
ha u cant call ur teachers my first name.what else?????????????????

anyway iam sure, u will love india and school!
hope u find a lots of friend!
GOOD LUCK!

girishk14
30th April 2006, 07:32 PM
India is a great country. It is the home to the best brains in the world. So you are going to have a hard time competing with indian students . lol ! just kidding. but from the numerous posts of yours i can infer that your interests lies elsewhere :sigh: .

It doesn't lie elsewhere..it lies everywhere

I do all sorts of things. At present, I am not bothering too much about my studies as I am doing well here in Singapore now. I have been successful inbeing in top 3 throughout the year.

That is why my concerns are on other things about India..

Hulkster
30th April 2006, 07:37 PM
Girish good to know that your very good in your studies but please remember that your competing with the best education system in the world(said by educational experts)....and generally foreign students from india excel in our education system without any fuss or problem...in fact they say the papers are not a big deal compared to their standards.....so you better brace yourself for a tough battle...:)

Lambretta
30th April 2006, 11:23 PM
Girish good to know that your very good in your studies but please remember that your competing with the best education system in the world(said by educational experts)....
Best or otherwise, the fact is tat its a by & large different education system......so u'll need to make up to get adjusted to tat......& altho teachers r mostly good, they can only help u to a certain extent.....ultimately, everyone has to confirm to the system (in this case, syllabus).......so girish, plse be serious abt tat.

and generally foreign students from india excel in our education system without any fuss or problem...in fact they say the papers are not a big deal compared to their standards
I donno how to react to this- :oops: :( or :P :lol:

:huh:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 05:26 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

if i was moving to another country i will be worrying about the neighbours, people, friends, teachers, weather etc.....:rotfl:

ur worrying about ipods :rotfl: sorry i find it too funny :rotfl: :oops: :rotfl: i'm sure u can get one of ur friends from singapore to send u stuff to india...and u can pay them...

No..its not like I am really interested in IPODS and GFs. I am not bothered about studies as I am already quite ok in it. Furthermore, I have bought books from India and I have read through those. I feel I can manage my studies to an extent.

But it is these other issues which I am worried about. If I go to India, I won't be able to buy Ipods and Handphones as it will be too expensive there.

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 05:27 AM
OMG UR SOO FUNNY BECKS! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

girishk14
1st May 2006, 06:09 AM
I just found out something after looking thrrough this thread. I only made one post on this whole GF thing and people developed and created a misimpression on me. About this handphone and Ipod, I just want to know because they are cheap here in Singapore. So, people, get rid of this impression of urs that I am a very modern and hi-fi kind of person.

AAnyway, Miss Ghilli has just given me more ideas for questions to ask about India..

girishk14
1st May 2006, 06:11 AM
What is the weather in Bangalore like?

What kind of clothes should I buy from here?

How should I get along with the people there?

How do I make a good first impression on the teachers?

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 06:23 AM
oh great :lol:

i guess just buy ur female teachers a bow of chocolates and male teachers a bottle of beer and they will give u A star grades :lol:

WARNING! : I GIVE THE MOST STUPID IDEAS! DONT EVA LISTEN TO ME! I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!

I just found out something after looking thrrough this thread. I only made one post on this whole GF thing and people developed and created a misimpression on me. About this handphone and Ipod, I just want to know because they are cheap here in Singapore. So, people, get rid of this impression of urs that I am a very modern and hi-fi kind of person.

AAnyway, Miss Ghilli has just given me more ideas for questions to ask about India..

Sanguine Sridhar
1st May 2006, 12:47 PM
I do all sorts of things. At present, I am not bothering too much about my studies as I am doing well here in Singapore now. I have been successful inbeing in top 3 throughout the year.

Are you sure sir? Is that Confidence or Over-Confidence.If it is Confidence thats really good! If it is Over-Confidence its as bad as 'that really good'..So be neither confident or over-confident because India is a land of mystery!!

girishk14
1st May 2006, 12:52 PM
I was just wondering..what is Gilli's age??

Sanguine Sridhar
1st May 2006, 12:58 PM

Mr.Hi-Fi can you please clarify me how much modern or Hi-Fi you are?? Because i am not very much sure how far you fit in this conservative country? Whatever, India welcomes all
Intellectual Idiots..Intellectual or Idiots..Intellectual and Idiots....or simply Idiots!! Welcome anyway!! 8-)

girishk14
1st May 2006, 01:04 PM
I am both intellectual and idiot...

girishk14
1st May 2006, 01:55 PM
So..lets stop talking about all this nonsence.

Just tell me about India..

villan007
1st May 2006, 02:11 PM

shes youger than you :roll:

girishk14
1st May 2006, 02:14 PM
she seems rather mature for her age. The language she uses seems to good for such a tender age...

Sanguine Sridhar
1st May 2006, 02:49 PM
So..lets stop talking about all this nonsence.

Just tell me about India..

Which one is nonsence? You are intellectualy Idiot that one? :o

thamizhvaanan
1st May 2006, 04:54 PM
u shud never ask a female her age :evil:

great
1st May 2006, 04:58 PM

who is female here !!! oh oh oh you meant lil chandramukhi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 06:35 PM
dont insult me or i'll give u nightmares :lol: :lol: :lol: raa raa sarusuka raa raa :evil: :lol: dont get too scared i wont bite u :lol: mwaaaaa laklaklaklaklaka.

i'm 6 :roll:

who is female here !!! oh oh oh you meant lil chandramukhi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy
1st May 2006, 07:30 PM
i'm 6 :roll: ][/u]

oh dear!

girishk14
1st May 2006, 07:47 PM
dont insult me or i'll give u nightmares :lol: :lol: :lol: raa raa sarusuka raa raa :evil: :lol: dont get too scared i wont bite u :lol: mwaaaaa laklaklaklaklaka.

u are 6?? :roll: :roll:

crazy
1st May 2006, 07:53 PM
she is kidding i guess!

azhagi
1st May 2006, 09:05 PM
I am sure Ghilli is kidding....if I am not wrong,the girl in her avatar could even be her daughter :wink:

Girish,you said ,we will not talk about GFs,why do you want to know her age then :roll:

I support Beckham's views....you seem too over-confident and I would like to add...proud too...what did you think....all Indian students are fools?

You are too good in studies,will talk only about the rich students in the richest schools,etc etc....

Please,with this mindset,you will find it difficult to gel into our society...more than that,other students will shun you once they realise your pride...

Sanguine Sridhar
1st May 2006, 09:08 PM
What is the weather in Bangalore like?
Only south indian city which has better climate..No problem you can survive!

Ofcourse Pant,Shirt! Other than this you can also try Dhoti! Here is a great craze for a Hi-Fi guy to wear Dhoti! 8-)

Easy!! Thru a warm handshake and smile!! :D

Avoid using Mobiles,IPODS,Girlfriends :roll: before them for somedays!! :wink: ...

crazy
1st May 2006, 09:13 PM
[

Ofcourse Pant,Shirt! Other than this you can also try Dhoti! Here is a great craze for a Hi-Fi guy to wear Dhoti! 8-)

Avoid using Mobiles,IPODS,Girlfriends :roll: before them for somedays!! :wink: ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 09:18 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm 6 :roll: ][/u]

oh dear!

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 09:18 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: MAY 1ST'S FOOL :lol:

u are 6?? :roll: :roll:

crazy
1st May 2006, 09:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: MAY 1ST'S FOOL :lol:
[/quote]

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 09:21 PM
hell ya!

she is kidding i guess!

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 09:22 PM
DAUGHTERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am sure Ghilli is kidding....if I am not wrong,the girl in her avatar could even be her daughter :wink:

Lambretta
1st May 2006, 09:44 PM
DAUGHTERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: :lol: :lol:
Ho maaaaaaaan!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jus browsing thru the hub...didnt feel like signing in until I saw this........:rotfl: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Sorry gaayu! :oops: :D

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 09:45 PM
:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: 12 year old kida orae postla 25 year old mother akita antha azhagi :oops: :cry: :lol:

:shock: :lol: :lol:
Ho maaaaaaaan!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jus browsing thru the hub...didnt feel like signing in until I saw this........:rotfl: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Sorry gaayu! :oops: :D

Lambretta
1st May 2006, 10:03 PM
Handshake I'd say ok w/ gents only.....but yes, smile is MUST in front of EVERYONE! Melts the miles away.......:smile2: (I'd prefer :D but tat seems more like a grin in a toothpaste ad...hmm...)

If u hav ne who wear Sarees, I'd suggest u complement them (abt their Sarees only I mean! :lol: :D)......
Disclaimer: The individual offering the above-stated suggestion is not responsible for the consequences in the case of anyone actually having taken this suggestion seriously......as nobody is expected to in the first place! :roll: :P
OK jokes apart, follow the usual courtesies/mannerisms tat the local students follow in front of teachers (psst- nvr mind even if u may not really mean it, they wudnt really know neways! :P).....just an idea- make an attempt to be extra-courteous in front of them, such tat u'd seem to beat even the locals in this regard....for all u know, it may win sum of them over to give u an extra mark or 2 atleast like, once in a while.....:)
& avoid answering back, altho u cud feel sum get really mean/unfair at times....
Also, from my own experience (:oops:), if u happen to get bad marks in a tough subject sumtime, dont ever blame the system in front of them!

Lambretta
1st May 2006, 10:05 PM
:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: 12 year old kida orae postla 25 year old mother akita antha azhagi :oops: :cry: :lol:
Ayyo paavame! :oops: :P :lol2:

Shakthiprabha.
1st May 2006, 11:07 PM

yeah ....... unless some are FOOLS to tell about it themselves

:rotfl: :lol: :D

Lambretta
1st May 2006, 11:09 PM
yeah ....... unless some are FOOLS to tell about it themselves
:rotfl: :lol: :D
U once told me urself, the yr u wer born! :rotfl: :lol: :poke:
:D
Sorry :oops: :lol:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 11:11 PM
:rotfl: haiyoo SP akka :rotfl: sorry :oops: :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
1st May 2006, 11:24 PM
lambretta,

:twisted:

gaayu,

:P :twisted:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 11:24 PM

Sanguine Sridhar
1st May 2006, 11:25 PM
Look i am talking and explaining you the importance of studies and i gave you some valuable tips!! But see you are concerned about the age of a female? You have to be more serious :|

Shakthiprabha.
1st May 2006, 11:27 PM
:)

Lambretta
1st May 2006, 11:29 PM
*digr
lambretta,
gaayu,
Hey, how come I get less emoticons than Gaayu? :(

Or wer u impressed by her CHUBBY cheeks in her pic.? :P :lol:

/digr

Shakthiprabha.
1st May 2006, 11:32 PM
lambretta

to be FRANK, I AM VERRRRRRRRRRRRY IMPRESSED by her chubby cheeks :lol:

I was calling her gog, after seeing her pic It changed to gaayu, gaayu kutty, gaayu cutie etc.

She better keep her cheeks away from me :lol: :oops:

kididng please. :P

ssanjinika
1st May 2006, 11:34 PM
:roll:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 11:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*digr
lambretta,
gaayu,
Hey, how come I get less emoticons than Gaayu? :(

Or wer u impressed by her CHUBBY cheeks in her pic.? :P :lol:

/digr

Lambretta
1st May 2006, 11:39 PM
lambretta

I was calling her gog, after seeing her pic It changed to gaayu, gaayu kutty, gaayu cutie etc.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ghlli
1st May 2006, 11:41 PM
WARNING FROM MOD... EXCESSIVE USE OF EMOTICONS...

WILL U PINCH MY CHEEKS LIKE MY PHYSICS MASTER? :|

they wau he teaches me physics...omg :rotfl: he was going through last years work on heat..and conduction....radiation...convection etc and then he asked me which sense does heat give u? and i'm like whtttt..cos i wasnt listening and he then poked my hand and said...u feel tht its cold right...and then HE PINCHES MY CHEEKS SO HARD and says now did that feel warm/hot and i go yaaa...and my cheeks are just paining so badly and he goes see now heat gives u the sense of touch...AND I'M LIKE OHHHH WOOW WHAT A GREAT WAY OF TEACHING :banghead: :lol:

lambretta

Lambretta
2nd May 2006, 12:03 AM
he was going through last years work on heat..and conduction....radiation...convection etc and then he asked me which sense does heat give u? and i'm like whtttt..cos i wasnt listening and he then poked my hand and said...u feel tht its cold right...and then HE PINCHES MY CHEEKS SO HARD and says now did that feel warm/hot and i go yaaa...and my cheeks are just paining so badly and he goes see now heat gives u the sense of touch...AND I'M LIKE OHHHH WOOW WHAT A GREAT WAY OF TEACHING :banghead: :lol:
Is this lecturer like, Indian or local? :?

Does he usually 'teach' girls in this way? :roll: :oops:

Ghlli
2nd May 2006, 01:00 AM
OMG U'V GOT THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT MY MASTER!!! NO HE'S AN OLD MAN! HE'S DECENT! he just likes tp pinch my cheeks just like other people and so he taught me it that way......!!!! he used to teach in a famous school in sri lanka and now he's moved to england...and he gives private tutions, and since he knows my dad from sri lanka he gives me private tutions on physics and chemisty.

he was going through last years work on heat..and conduction....radiation...convection etc and then he asked me which sense does heat give u? and i'm like whtttt..cos i wasnt listening and he then poked my hand and said...u feel tht its cold right...and then HE PINCHES MY CHEEKS SO HARD and says now did that feel warm/hot and i go yaaa...and my cheeks are just paining so badly and he goes see now heat gives u the sense of touch...AND I'M LIKE OHHHH WOOW WHAT A GREAT WAY OF TEACHING :banghead: :lol:
Is this lecturer like, Indian or local? :?

Does he usually 'teach' girls in this way? :roll: :oops: