PDA

View Full Version : Regrets in Life..and its effect on present..

bytezone
30th April 2006, 10:50 AM
Does any one here have regrets in life which is spoiling u r present life. Have u ever thought what is the solution..???As of me..
I did BE in CS in inida and did MS in US and now inot software prefiesion in US.

I sometime feel that...had i been more serious in life then i could have graduated from very good UNI in india(IIT) and in US also and could have been in a reuputed companies by now. I regret becasue i took education very lightly. Untll i started my job, after MS ..i never use regret on this...now that the options of buliding my career is closed(as i need to get married & start a new life, i feel i should settle in life now).

I work for a state givement company in US and job is permannet...But when ever i come across friend who r in good companies...that night i end up regretting a lot . I know i ahve to find a soltuon to this..i don't want to be like this after marriage.

Can any one tell me how to tackle this kind of situations..???

I apprecite it

bytezone

bingleguy
30th April 2006, 11:21 AM
Hello bytezone !

Firstly n ofcourse, i would love to say .... LOVE ur current career .! i know u regret about having a JOB but for a career ! But it wasnt an external force ... it shld have been ur decision,whether taking studies lightly or moving out from s/w .... but it is ur decision !

There are so many who have taken some professions/studies out of sheer force ! so u r in a better position than them !

U r very well learned and u know ur position well ! dont worry ! LOVE ur current career ... consider this as ur career n not job !

Hulkster
30th April 2006, 01:22 PM
Bytezone...have confidence and belief in yourself...this belief will take you to any meets that are even impossible...regrets are part and parcel of our life....in every human's life there will be a chapter where he will stand up to face his regrets and will be judged by his ownself whether he can make the grade or not.

My friend reading from your statement i find that your plain regret is not about taking education seriously...but more on the worrying side...worrying if your life will be good and prosperous and your reputation amongst people will be good...it seems you want to prove to people that you are very well in charge of a life that is looking very bright.

Like BG says...love your career...remember that a successful person is not someone who is doing a very high class job...but someone who enjoys and takes benefits from the job he is doing.

Everyone can educate themselves well and go for the best jobs...but the thing you should ponder is, are these jobs satisfactory to you?..Do they seem beneficial to those around you and you yourself excluding money and fortunes? Are you sure you can still emotionally and morally be happy with your family by doing these jobs? My friend, not all of us might get the best jobs...but if a job suits us and our life/family life is undeterred by it and we are very happy...then that job is best for us.

Currently your problem is facing your worries...i have no doubts that you will settle in your life...but my friend, the problem is your seeing these good jobs taken up by your friends as a negative aspect. Think positively, even if your friends are doing these good jobs, your ahead of them by doing a job that is permanent and that is not destroying your social and family life...remember that there are alot of people with high class jobs who take risks to be internally displaced from their people/social life and everything...and if anything happens in this sort of high class jobs, their peace is also destroyed within and at the same time ensuring depression.

So remember...you may not be leading a great job..but your life is good and your future is looking bright and you have no problems with your job...so just prepare yourself for family life and be prepared to tackle any other unforeseen obstacles with your family instead of pondering about a job that is better than yours.

A saying for you : "Life is not decided by regrets and incidents, it is defined by our decisions"

Enjoy your life, bytezone..:thumbsup:

bingleguy
30th April 2006, 01:31 PM
:clap: HULK !

Hulkster
30th April 2006, 01:35 PM
Intha clap ellam yenukka?...mikka nandri makkalae..:notworthy:..ithu naalae naan CM aaga election leh nikka poraen...clap adicha ellarum vote pennunga pa...:D

bingleguy
30th April 2006, 01:39 PM
<digr>
heheheh romba dhaan aasai .... indha clap urupadiyaa oru vishayam sonnadhukku ... naan mattum dhaan clap panni irukken
</digr>

crazy
30th April 2006, 07:21 PM
regret, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats the only thing iam doing!
anyway iam suppossed to CHEER U UP!, so dont worry.
iam sure u will make it perfect, u may have a better carrier waiting for u, or u may find urself satified in that job u r having now!

i dont know how cheering my words r, but iam sure u will find ur job very satisfying! :P :P :P :P

may God bless u!

terminator
30th April 2006, 07:51 PM
Me too took the studies lightly.. I always regret it.

Upto 10th I was an above average student. In 12th I was an average.. I was interested to join BE. But my family's financial conditions didnt let met to join.

Made my mind to do a improvement. But it went wrong.. Ingayum padikkaratha lighta eduthuttean :cry:

After wasting a year, I joined B.Sc Maths. Maths is favourite subject. So I took it very light. As a result list of Arrear papers increased..

B.Sc mudichittu MCA pannalamnu mudivu panninean. Gnanam final yearla vanthuchu.. aana athu romba late. i had passed only 7 papers out of 20 at that time..

5th sem current papers + 9 clear panninean..

then final semla current +4 la 7 thaan clear achu..

TANCET examla nalla mark vangi irunthean aana 2 paper arear vizhunthuchu..

Marupadiyum 1 year waste...

Kidacha Chances ellam waste pannittean.. :cry:

crazy
30th April 2006, 07:58 PM

i though we should be cheering bytezone, inga ellarum ore soga mayama irukkaanga!

anyway termi i cheer u up then!eh enn solla? :idea: good luck, maybe something is waiting for u!

great
30th April 2006, 08:00 PM

i though we should be cheering bytezone, inga ellarum ore soga mayama irukkaanga!

anyway termi i cheer u up then!eh enn solla? :idea: good luck, maybe something is waiting for u!

thats sounds nice and actually its true :D :D

crazy
30th April 2006, 08:03 PM
[quote="great
thats sounds nice and actually its true :D :D[/quote]

great personally i dont believe in that, i just wanted to cheer them up, rather telling them my own story!

ANYWAY I WISH/PRAY/HOPE U ALL FIND PEACE!

great
30th April 2006, 08:07 PM
Naah crazy!!! if one door is closed , defn some other good thing is awaitng for you. You have to be postive always and more importantly you should believe in yourself.

AND DONT COMPARE YOURSELF WITH SOME X OR Y !!!!

crazy
30th April 2006, 08:13 PM
Naah crazy!!! if one door is closed , defn some other good thing is awaitng for you. You have to be postive always and more importantly you should believe in yourself.

AND DONT COMPARE YOURSELF WITH SOME X OR Y !!!!

oh great its good to hear, but hmm anyway i dont want to say anything more and i dont want to make any one feel sad b'coz of me. i guess iam surviving!

so lets cheer bytzone! thank u again for ur sweet words!

terminator
30th April 2006, 09:28 PM

Thanks Crazy and Great..

Kidacha chances thaan miss pannittean. Sometimes varuthama irukkum. But i didnt give it up. Inimel kidaikkara chancesa kandippa miss panna koodathunu oru vegam irukku.. :thumbsup:

crazy
30th April 2006, 10:40 PM
Kidacha chances thaan miss pannittean. Sometimes varuthama irukkum. But i didnt give it up. Inimel kidaikkara chancesa kandippa miss panna koodathunu oru vegam irukku.. :thumbsup:

well then, good luck in future :)

bytezone
1st May 2006, 02:46 AM
Thanks Hulkster and everyone for giving me u r valuable suggestions.

Infact i was looking or this kind of form form a long time...this is great.

I will work on my weakness and will try to get out of the problem. Nothing is impossible..i jsut need to see the darker side of my life.

When i am happy with the kind of job i do, i should not ask for more.

Thanks everyone again...

bytezone..

Hulkster
1st May 2006, 04:51 PM
Bytezone..dunt thank others..thank yourself for continuing on...have a good life ahead my friend..:thumbsup:

Shakthiprabha.
1st May 2006, 10:59 PM
I have lots of regrets.

One among that is I wanted to be an entrepreneur (I mean in a very big way). It never happened (for fleeting period of 3 years I did some freelance job though). Its too late to happen too.

I should say, I had always loved fame and power.
I wanted it badly. I never took any steps for it.
Even if I had wanted to strive, my surroundings and situation did not allow me to. I have accepted the fact, i cant have fame or power.

Sometimes its nice to be born as a normal human being and die as one. :)

Anyway, I had always regretted to be a homemaker. I despised it too much before. Now, I have accepted it.

Lambretta
1st May 2006, 11:54 PM
One among that is I wanted to be an entrepreneur (I mean in a very big way). It never happened (for fleeting period of 3 years I did some freelance job though). Its too late to happen too.
I should say, I had always loved fame and power.
I wanted it badly. I never took any steps for it.
Even if I had wanted to strive, my surroundings and situation did not allow me to. I have accepted the fact, i cant have fame or power.......Anyway, I had always regretted to be a homemaker. I despised it too much before. Now, I have accepted it.
Hmm....yea, I did often think u had sum sort of unfulfilled aspiration/ambition behind u.....u never sounded to me like the kind of person who liked/accepted the kind of lifestyle she presently has..:)