PDA

View Full Version : Pramod Mahajan Passes Away

bingleguy
3rd May 2006, 05:12 PM
BJP General Secretary Pramod Mahajan passed away at 4:10 pm (IST) on Wednesday after his condition took a turn for the worst.

Mahajan's health worsened due to acute respiratory disorder and he suffered multiple organ failure.

Doctors had earlier ruled out any further medical intervention.

On hearing the news of Mahajan's deteriorating condition, BJP leaders had gathered outside the Hinduja Hospital. Shiv Sena chief Balasaheb Thackeray was among the first few leaders to visit Mahajan.

BJP leader Sushma Swaraj also visited the hospital.

"When I heard of his deteriorating condition, I rushed from Chennai," she said.

Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and senior BJP leader L K Advani are expected to arrive in Mumbai in a short while.

Mahajan, who was shot and critically injured by his younger brother Pravin on April 22, had undergone three surgeries in the last 11 days.

Political journey

Mahajan was born on October 30 in Mahububnagar, Andhra Pradesh. He was the eldest child of his parents, with two brothers Prakash and Pravin and two sisters Pradnya and Pratibha.

He is survived by his wife Rekha, a son and a daughter.

Mahajan began his three decade long political career in 1978 as an RSS worker in Aurangabad.

His political journey had its highs and lows but in the end, he managed to overcome all controversies and doubts about his leadership.

At the time of his death, he was General Secretary of the BJP's parliamentary board as well as its central election committee, the two highest policy making bodies of the party.

Controversial tenure

In the NDA regime, Mahajan was considered to be an effective Parliamentary Affairs Minister but as Telecom Minister, he was hounded by controversies over his proximity to certain industry players.

Things got worse for Mahajan after he was blamed for the party's debacle in the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, especially the failure of the BJP's 'India Shining' campaign, which was his brainchild.

But Mahajan was canny enough to take responsibility for it.

He managed to drag himself back from there and in the past six months his clout within the party grew until it was being said that it was Mahajan who was calling the shots within the party.

He was also given charge of a plum state like Maharashtra.

In the end, Mahajan even won back his credentials as the BJP's best election manager when he virtually camped in Assam during the recent assembly elections.

Courtesy : NDTV.com

great
3rd May 2006, 05:15 PM
Deep condolences from Mr.Great :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

crazy
3rd May 2006, 05:21 PM
so sad :cry:

how old was he?

Shakthiprabha.
3rd May 2006, 05:39 PM
my deepest condolences

MADDY
3rd May 2006, 05:55 PM
this is very sad.......a very charming leader who represents the dynamic face of BJP.......
very sad for BJP........this will surely weaken BJP......i dunno wat will bring BJP back to track....GOD please save BJP from perishing..... :cry:

selvakumar
3rd May 2006, 06:23 PM
:roll:

Alan
3rd May 2006, 06:24 PM
:cry: :(

great
3rd May 2006, 06:29 PM

Enna machi "" :roll: ""

selvakumar
3rd May 2006, 06:43 PM

Machi ! Several famous people died in the past few months !

Our people are interested in opening threads of Mahajan :banghead:

Where were these people when great social workers departed this world?

I am not complaining about BG.. But it has become a trend.. That s it :D

vj_itv
3rd May 2006, 09:23 PM
cha paavam avaru :cry:
aniyayama ippadi pannitaanga :evil:

Roshan
3rd May 2006, 09:24 PM

Correct !!!

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 12:30 AM
'didnt know he was originally from AP!

Neways,
May his soul rest in peace!

c4ramesh
4th May 2006, 12:43 AM
so sad :cry:

how old was he?

57!

Braandan
4th May 2006, 08:48 AM
He did not pass away! He was killed by his younger brother.
(sent not passed).

jaiganes
4th May 2006, 02:22 PM
Pramod Mahajan had ambitions and never hid them from public view. He was one of the very few politicians who never minced with words and gave a frank opinion about things. IMHO he was a sure PM candidate after 10 years. He would have made a good PM. Sadly his ambition and life were cut short cruelly by his own brother who felt enraged by neglect and sidelining. Contrasting event as politicians of our days are usually very keen on spreading the wealth and power quickly to their families.

sgokulprathap
4th May 2006, 02:34 PM

Atleast u cud hav started some threads for those several people. :P

selvakumar
4th May 2006, 03:08 PM

I thought that this forum is for people who are living :roll: on earth :oops:

sgokulprathap
4th May 2006, 03:12 PM

I thought that this forum is for people who are living :roll: on earth :oops:
Illa Selva, edhukku eduthaalum thread start panradhu inga hobby maadhiri aayiduchu. Adhaan chumma ungalayum thread aarambikka sonnen.