PDA

View Full Version : Gifts you crave!

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 07:45 PM
Hey hubbers,

< Since everyone was distracted by the statements which were supposed to be JFYI :roll: im removing them >

What do guys want as gifts..what do they think is a good gift..any inputs from you guys?
And of course gals,you are welcome to input what you'd like as a gift and maybbe your hubby/bf/friend will see that and get it for you :wink:

P.S I realise that there is a thread on gifts,but that is what is the best gift you have received thread I think..which is not the same as this rite :roll:

Hulkster
4th May 2006, 07:57 PM
Usually a treat to his favourite restaurant would be quite good or a romantic evening to a place he would like would be ideal more than gifts....Guys like things that are more of the machined/innovative type...even watches with a classy look would be a good gift.

malsi
4th May 2006, 08:10 PM
my lecturer once told us that the best gift a wife could give her husband is a new wife..ehem..:)..and the best gift a husband can give his wife is to say NO to that..:):)

narayanan
4th May 2006, 08:11 PM
Usually guys like something techie/gadgets to tinker around as gifts, or some shirt of his favourite colour.

Depends on your hubby interests too, you'd know better than us :P

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 08:13 PM
well..dont worry abt my hubby..i'll think of something for him.Is there a gift you crave was my question.

selvakumar
4th May 2006, 08:14 PM
Just show your love and affection towards him:

BY choosing a GIFT that will make him remember what happened during your FIRST GET - TO - KNOW MEET :D

will post on this more !!

I presented one of the finest GIFTS of my life to mine.. ...... if u want to know that, PM ME :)

narayanan
4th May 2006, 08:16 PM
SS budget sollunga. adhukku yetha madiri gift solren.

great
4th May 2006, 08:22 PM
need some time :D

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 08:32 PM
take all the time balaji :D
narayanan - budgetA :roll:
Lets put it this way..ur b'day is coming up and you know people are gonna get you gifts.Now what would wish people got you?

narayanan
4th May 2006, 08:47 PM
A smartphone - especially eye Nokia 6600 ;) (but donno if friends would shell out 200 odd bucks for it)

An entry-mid level iPod/mp3 player - price varies depending on capacity and brand name.

Microsoft Streets and Trips with the GPS (costs arnd 120 bucks i guess) - i like travelling/driving and exploring places a lot. if you travel a lot, this is handy stuff.

Some function loaded watch :roll:

good pair of branded headphones - depends on how much he likes to listen music.

these are just few gadgets out of my mind. as i said, if the buget is below 100 bucks. all these wont work. vera edhavadhu thonichuna add panren. i think digicam, DVD, home theater ellam generic

Shakthiprabha.
4th May 2006, 09:04 PM
poetry

card

books

flowers

surprises

what more can one want

narayanan
4th May 2006, 09:10 PM
SP,
guys'ku gift'a flowers'a :roll:

poetry and books..depends on the person whether one is inclined towards that.

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 09:12 PM
hmm..
how abt

jewllery

Nice romantic getaway

A day fun..hmm like a day out doing things which you enjoy with friends/hubby/wife

great
4th May 2006, 09:17 PM
Instead of shirts and usual gifts.. you can go for days off probly movie and lunch/dinner would be fine

Does he likes music

or

Does he reads any book any author to be specific :?:

Shakthiprabha.
4th May 2006, 09:17 PM
:roll:

i thought what we crave......

sorry if its a guy, it cant be generalised. its better to find out what he needs.

Shakthiprabha.
4th May 2006, 09:18 PM
a romantic candle light dinner arranged, with nice poetry written bout him, and a small gift wrapped as surprise, would be more than what a person can ask.

:roll:

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 09:22 PM
nope SP ur rite,It is what we crave.
Endha pasangalukku seriya puriyala :rotfl: :wink:
they cant get past the statement that Im wracking my brains on what to get for my hubby :P

narayanan
4th May 2006, 09:23 PM
Jewelry :roll: defenitely the getaway you suggest would be a good idea. some place where you can keep the surprise of what it is till you reach the destination (ofcourse you should know the way to your destination). that would be something memorable to remember.

Shakthiprabha.
4th May 2006, 09:36 PM
yeah thats what i mean by best surprise.

just a coooooooool drive or trip........ and destination should be a suspense :)

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 09:58 PM
well..dont worry abt my hubby..i'll think of something for him.Is there a gift you crave was my question.
Well, as for me, SS.....u know me pretty well, so u shud know wat gift I crave for (from NEONE) ze most! :mrgreen: 8-)
But um.....not sure if my wife wud find it feasible to find one for me....:roll: she may not even hav heard tat name in her life! :lol:
Unless perhaps her father or sum family member owned one, jus like ur dad did! :wink: :D
Well ok.....on a more um...REALISTIC note (as realistic as I can get atleast :P), one gift I'd like the most for my spouse is a Saree in my or her fav. colour....& I guess the best gift she cud give me is tat she happens to like wearing one.....! :lol:

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 10:00 PM
sorry if its a guy, it cant be generalised. its better to find out what he needs.
I 2nd tat! :D

narayanan
4th May 2006, 10:03 PM
*digr
Lamby,
well you could ask that gift from your father-in-law as dowry ;)

donno if our gen would've lived without knowing ur gift :roll:

/digr*

bingleguy
4th May 2006, 10:06 PM
well ssajinika !

ungala vida vaa avarukku enna pudikkumnnu enagalukku theriyum :roll:

<digr> guys n gals .. just for fun ...

Probable gifts for a married man

Recently Married -
Be with him the whole day
One or Two Years -
Gift him ur wish
three to five Years -
Gift him his wish
Beyond that -

Leave him alone ... he needs a break

:lol:

</digr>

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 10:13 PM
*digr
Lamby,
well you could ask that gift from your father-in-law as dowry ;)
:shock:
CHEEEEE!! ADA ........!! Naan Dowry kezhpenaa!! :evil:
Narayana Narayana.....:oops: :P
Jus bcos enaku vanthu antha gen. le dress pannara mathiri ponnu venum-nu aasai iruntha naan enna antha gen. maapillai mathiri dowry pisasa iruppen-nu nenaikirengla? :roll: :banghead:
Unga reply-e padicha oddane enaku Sivaji/NTR Sr. mathiri melodramatic "ham-acting" pannanu-nu thonithu.....! :oops:
Pochu.....inimei ithe patthi pesave mudiyatha alaguku vanthuteenn.....*sigh* :(

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 10:14 PM
<digr>Beyond that -
Leave him alone ... he needs a break
:lol:
</digr>
:rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
4th May 2006, 10:30 PM
vasanth,

joke aa :roll:

bingleguy
4th May 2006, 10:32 PM
joke nnu munnadiye sonnene ;-)

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 10:33 PM
vasanth,

joke aa :roll:
Hm, appidi thaane thonnarthu.....:? :D

narayanan
4th May 2006, 10:40 PM
Unga reply-e padicha oddane enaku Sivaji/NTR Sr. mathiri melodramatic "ham-acting" pannanu-nu thonithu.....! Embarassed
Pochu.....inimei ithe patthi pesave mudiyatha alaguku vanthuteenn.....*sigh*

Uncle neenga nallavar kettavara ;)
~~~~~
summa un kaala vaara dhaan sonnen. idha ivlooo serious'ava eduthukkardhu. adhaan wink smiley pottene :roll:

bingleguy
4th May 2006, 10:45 PM
well well well guys ... gift pathi pesa kaanumae?

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 11:02 PM
Uncle neenga nallavar kettavara ;)
~~~~~
summa un kaala vaara dhaan sonnen. idha ivlooo serious'ava eduthukkardhu. adhaan wink smiley pottene :roll:
OK relax, naan-um onnum atthellam serious-a vey pesaley....atthan :P emoticon-um poten....innum konjum poturkanum-nu thonnarthu....:? :)

Btw, neenga ennode 1 varsham periyvar...enna poyi neenga Uncle-a eppidi aethukamudiyum?! :? :roll: :lol:

Neways, forget it! :D

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 11:03 PM
well well well guys ... gift pathi pesa kaanumae?
Anna neengle sollunguh.....neenga verai ethavathu gifts-e suggest pannavengla? :)

narayanan
4th May 2006, 11:03 PM
BG,
ideas ellam solliyachu SS kittendhu dhaan sound'aye kaanum.

Btw, neenga ennode 1 varsham periyvar...enna poyi neenga Uncle-a eppidi aethukamudiyum?

adhu Nayagan pada inspiration ba 8-)

svasu_ani
4th May 2006, 11:05 PM
Gold n Diamond... :wink:
my hubby has already presented me lots of Gold jewels n now waiting for him to present me a diamond ring/ stud/ pendant..

Ours was a love marriage and first gift from him was a small gold heart pendant which i treasure a lot
Anitha

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 11:05 PM
*digr
adhu Nayagan pada inspiration ba 8-)
Appidiya......enamo...gynabagam illai...:D
Btw, neenga vanthu 'pa' ku bathulu 'ba' nu sollarenguh......neenga kannada-va?
PS- Itthe chat thread-a matha naan onnum virumbalai, so venumna enaku pm pannunguh! :)

/digr

great
4th May 2006, 11:12 PM
Lamby , thats chennai slang :D :roll: :lol:

Lambretta
4th May 2006, 11:14 PM
*digr
Lamby , thats chennai slang :D :roll: :lol:
Ohh.....got it.....jus like Bathmini for Padmini...? :D
/digr

So gr8, neenga enna gifts vendikirenguh/kudupenguh? :)

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 11:25 PM
NN,naan idea-va ketkalla.Im planning a nice day stay at NYC :mrgreen: .Booked a nice unique place for that.Just wanted to find out what other guys and girls thought were cool gifts :P

narayanan
4th May 2006, 11:31 PM
oh surveyareengala :P oh okie.

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 11:35 PM
Did you know that theres a hotel in NYC where the theme is books?Its called a library hotel.There are rare books there which the guests can read and enjoy. Looked like a nice place,but unfortunately it wasnt available for the weekend :(

narayanan
4th May 2006, 11:51 PM
No idea SS, never lived close to the Big apple :roll:

ssanjinika
4th May 2006, 11:54 PM
hmm...neways if you ever visit the Big apple and is interested in books ,keep this place in mind :D.They also offer packages like mystery package and stuff where they will place clues in and around the room and the hotel and you solve them to get suprise gifts.

ajithfederer
4th May 2006, 11:56 PM
ahaa...... :lol:

my lecturer once told us that the best gift a wife could give her husband is a new wife..ehem..:)..and the best gift a husband can give his wife is to say NO to that..:):)

villan007
5th May 2006, 12:00 AM
my hubby has already presented me lots of Gold jewels n now waiting for him to present me a diamond ring/ stud/ pendant..

Ours was a love marriage and first gift from him was a small gold heart pendant which i treasure a lot
Anitha

Kewl... :)

ssanjinika
5th May 2006, 12:05 AM

Anitha
ohh nice :wink:
kalakunga :D

Ghlli
5th May 2006, 01:07 AM
good useful make up

Jeans

skirt

nailpolish

hair bands

latest hair straightners and curlers

CHOCCA :D :D :D

Accessories (NOT GOLD! H88 IT TO CORE!) silver is the best :thumbsup:

Lots of magazines to do with fashion, looks, trends etc--girly girly type ones

practically anything to make myself look betta :D

rachel
5th May 2006, 06:17 AM
1.clothes :thumbsup:

2.ajith film(theatre) :thumbsup:

3.romantic novel 8-)

i don't like restaurant, jewellery or trips.

and when we plan to give gifts to others, we should make sure what they like..

Alan
6th May 2006, 02:37 PM
Right now, a pack of condoms- lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great
6th May 2006, 02:44 PM
:roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

narayanan
6th May 2006, 02:50 PM
guess the one above me is the first time a comment made the living legend :shock: rather than :poke:

:mrgreen:

great
6th May 2006, 04:11 PM
thats bcoz kid like me are still hubbing :roll:

Ghlli
6th May 2006, 07:14 PM
:shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

narayanan
6th May 2006, 08:22 PM
thats bcoz kid like me are still hubbing

ayyo paavam mulachu 1 1/2 ilai kooda vidalai :( gaayu'va pathavadhu kathukko :P :lol:

Ghlli
6th May 2006, 08:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats bcoz kid like me are still hubbing

ayyo paavam mulachu 1 1/2 ilai kooda vidalai :( gaayu'va pathavadhu kathukko :P :lol:

rachel
7th May 2006, 05:24 AM

nice choice :lol: enjoy :lol: