PDA

View Full Version : Thambi Songs

girishk14
6th May 2006, 09:51 AM
Thambi was an awesome movie that did very well all over India and in other countries too. This movie can also be considered as the best movie in 2006 so far due to the disappointment of Vijay and Ajith movies.

Recently, we can see that Thambi's awesome songs by Vidyasagar did not become mega hits. Only Sudum Nilavu did well songswise.

However, I feel that two other songs in Thambi are also very good.

Ennama Devi : Awesome music and good/karuthulla lyrics
Summa Kidantha : Actress looks very cute and very nice song

Post ur views and vote for ur favourite Thambi song...

vj_itv
6th May 2006, 09:53 AM
Sudum Nilavu Song Was Really Nice :)

Hulkster
6th May 2006, 10:31 AM
I will end this argument by posting about thambi songs...:D

Summa Kidantha - Beautiful melody by VS who is famous for such melodies. The music comprising of the flute in the prelude and the keyboard just breeze through the whole tune and the movement of the violins in the end of the second interlude has to be commended....the singers just stick to the tune and their singing just compliments the tune further.

Sudum Nilavu - Possibly a inspiration of Azhagana Ratchasiyae and maybe due to the fact that these two songs share the same raagam...you get a carnatic melody fused with westernised rhythms in this song...Vidyasagar has made the song even more catchy with his carnatic instrumentation in the interludes and the westernised backgrounds supporting the tune...great fusion by vidyasagar.

Ennama Devi - This being a fast paced song is very catchy due to the fact that instead of using our koothu drums vidyasagar has gone classical in using thavil and urumi mellam for the basic tune instrumentation. The fusion of this instruments with western drums is an added bonus. A brilliant fusion we can say in terms of pacey songs.

However out of all these songs....two songs which are outstanding are En Kadhal..a minisong sung in a classical raagam style by saindhavi and perhaps the real pick of the album...poovanithil maram which has a fantastic prelude and speaks about the relationship in a family...great album by VS...:clap:

rachel
6th May 2006, 10:37 AM
//Azhagana Ratchasiyae //

what movie??????????????

Hulkster
6th May 2006, 10:39 AM
Rachel its from Mudhalvan.

rachel
6th May 2006, 10:40 AM
Rachel its from Mudhalvan.

oh... :o

m_23_bayarea
6th May 2006, 08:46 PM
Pls add ENNAMMA DEVI JAKKAMAA song to the poll ... Cos that's my favorite ... And also, POOMARATHU THEN UNDU or something like that ... the childhood-family song ... Very touchy-feely !!! :thumbsup:

terminator
7th May 2006, 02:08 PM
Poomarathil song is awesome.. Girish add it..

interz
8th May 2006, 03:57 PM
Thambi songs could have rocked, but only tv stations plays thambi songs, no one wants to hear or see thambi songs on tv. But good to hear THambi is doing good business though (maybe not in rural chennai).

ramky
2nd June 2006, 07:17 AM
my vote goes to "ennamma devi jakkama" - a song full of pathos

dinesh2002
2nd June 2006, 08:23 AM
Suddum Nilave is a good song...though it was a clear inspiration of Azhagana Ratchasiye - Mudhalvan, the starting " aahh ahhh " is def from the line "Aragampulleke Arake Theriyuma,Kozhantha Kumari Naan Aama " and the "Suddum Nillave,Sudhathe Suriyan" is "Azhagana Ratchasiye,Adinenjil kuthikiriye"

and u can listen how VS arrangent the Ghatam for the starting,just to inform us "yes,its from Azhagana Ratchasiye" :P

btw,how come no 1 is talking about the 1 min beauty song,Kanava By Madhushre...i just love that the best in Thambi...!!! :D

inetk
2nd June 2006, 09:41 AM
Dinesh:

Thats really a stretch. In that sense then Azhagana Raatchasiye should be an inspiration from Raja's 'Thayai Kuniyum Thaamaraye' or 'Poo malarnthida' (tik tik tik) or even 'Chinna kannan azhaikkiraan'. Now, the similarities you see are purely from the raagam perspective which is bound to be there since all these are based on Reetigowlai.

Personally, I'd say that Vidyasagar's interpretation is exquisitely beautiful. That the song has beautiful lyrics adds comsiderable value to the tune too!

Karthik

dinesh2002
3rd June 2006, 07:30 PM
Dinesh:

Thats really a stretch. In that sense then Azhagana Raatchasiye should be an inspiration from Raja's 'Thayai Kuniyum Thaamaraye' or 'Poo malarnthida' (tik tik tik) or even 'Chinna kannan azhaikkiraan'. Now, the similarities you see are purely from the raagam perspective which is bound to be there since all these are based on Reetigowlai.

Personally, I'd say that Vidyasagar's interpretation is exquisitely beautiful. That the song has beautiful lyrics adds comsiderable value to the tune too!

Karthik

yo man,ARRahman mentioned during those days [Mudhalvan],that he he faced a problem composing Azhagana Ratchasiye,coz it was so simular with a number from IR [not sure which though] he tried his best to make it sound a lil diff...

i was just pointing out that it sounded simular and never said it was a bad song coz it was inspired !! :wink: we sometimes need to voice our comments,just to share it .... not to push it down...hope u got my point... btw...u seem to be an expert in Raagas...i will need some help from u soon.... thanks!! 8-)