PDA

View Full Version : Which MD is best suited for Rajini?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ramakrishna
7th May 2006, 11:47 AM
Whose music do u think suits well for Rajini's movies?

Hulkster
7th May 2006, 12:08 PM
Well...Illayaraja can give the best BGM for Rajini's movies and his songs for Rajini's movies are usually class...but if you want to have a rajini intro song then ARR would be best....the rest are quite suitable for his movies.

narayanan
7th May 2006, 01:04 PM
Actually 2 choices:

If Rajini does a mass Rajini-centric movie of the 'Annamalai', 'Basha' kind, I'd hand it to Deva.

Otherwise: Ilayaraja :thumbsup:

Vidyasagar kind of did a poor job in Chandramukhi. Even though Devuda made rounds during those days. Nothing beats the effect created by 'Vandhenda Paalkaran' :notworthy:

rajasaranam
7th May 2006, 01:10 PM
Hulkster,

Which intro song you are talking about :?: Its Raja Who has given Best intro's for rajini ARR stands only next best for Intro songs of rajini. IR's songs gave much pep for the rising superstar in his early years. songs like 'Pothuvaaga enmanasu' 'ennoda raasi nalla raasi' 'velai illathavan thaan' 'rajavukku raaja naanthaan' 'rakkamma kaiya thattu' are some of the songs which gave the lever for Rajini's superstardom. all these songs are evergreen and still popular among Rajini Fans.
Infact most of the Rajini fans are IR fans too and they run a separate website for hosting Raja's songs along with rajinifans.com .
From other MD's the best intro's are 'En peru padaiyappa' ' oruvan oruvan muthalaali' by ARR and 'naan autokaaran' ' vanthenda paalkaaran' by Deva.

rajasaranam
7th May 2006, 01:15 PM
Actually 2 choices:

If Rajini does a mass Rajini-centric movie of the 'Annamalai', 'Basha' kind, I'd hand it to Deva.

Otherwise: Ilayaraja :thumbsup:

Vidyasagar kind of did a poor job in Chandramukhi. Even though Devuda made rounds during those days. Nothing beats the effect created by 'Vandhenda Paalkaran' :notworthy:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

hmmm ya i do agree Deva was better than ARR/IR in introducing Rajini in those songs but still i would prefer a 'othungu othungu' from maaveeran or ' pothuvaaga enmanasu' from murattu kaalai.

Hulkster
7th May 2006, 01:27 PM
Well although IR did the best intro songs for Rajini....remember that he himself got interested in doing such songs and wanted to go completely musical....but as for now the best intro songs are done by ARR but of course IR still has the ability to produce excellent intro songs...ragupathi raagava from Heyram...that one song tells the determination of the main character.

S.Balaji
7th May 2006, 01:55 PM
Given 2 movies I think even ARR did well

Oruvan oruvan mudhalaalee and its preludes .....

Singa nadai potu sigarathil yeru

all songs from both Muthu and padayapaa are super hits.....

it so happened that during Rajini's peak, IR was holding the fort ....

else even ARR would have done well....

However, if you go by history, it was IR only as his records speak volumes

IR had given variety like

1.Sandhana kaatrey sendhamiz ootrey...
2. Pesa koodadhu
3. Yenna sugamaana ulagam
4. Pon oviyam kandenamma engengum
5. Oru poovanathula
6. Oorai therinikitten
7. Ponmaanay sangeetham paadevaa
8. Venmegam mannil vandhu
9. Oru thanga radhathil
10. Aagaaya gangai
11. THE ENTIRE JOHNY SONGS

List is endless !

dinesh2002
7th May 2006, 01:56 PM
IR & Deva will give that typical intro for Rajini,i guess they dont dare to take the risk to experiment on Rajini intro with changing any of the elements of an NORMAL RAJINI INTRO song....ARR has daringly changed many...Oruvan Oruvan had a grand opening,while En Peru Padaiyappa started off with just simple beats and then again Dippu Kumari something grand opening with punjabi flavour & ofcource,Shankar Mahadevan singging the song,instead of SPB.all his intro songs by ARR has neat arrangements & fresh music.Devuda Devuda was 1 of the funniest song i ever heard...see how Vidhyasagar simply followed ARR by using Oruvan Oruvan's intro style & Dippu Kumari's punjabi flavour for it...but he played it safe by using SPB.not sure hows the response for Dippu Kumari in Tamil Nadu...but it was a hit among youths here in Malaysia....still remember how all the indians will sing that song during school days....

S.Balaji
7th May 2006, 01:59 PM
ARR also gave a classy Minsara kanna for Rajini ......

was not far behind........

interz
7th May 2006, 03:42 PM
Any Good music director can suit Rajni, cuz when they do compose songs and music for the movie they work harder than usual. The music directors add pep to the proceedings with special effects.

HOw did you forget Chandrabose?? He was the guy who composed the song "Superstaaru Yaarennu Keatta"

S.Balaji
7th May 2006, 04:18 PM
How far Rajini gets involved in song selection ?? any idea ? I know Kamal is deeply involved in song composition of late

selvakumar
7th May 2006, 05:23 PM
IMHO,

As far as the INTRO & BGM for Rajini is concerned, still Deva is the best (atleast for the recent trend).

who can forget his BGM -- Baatshaa.... Baatsha...

& his INTRO SONGS

1. vandenda paalukkaaran
2. naan auto kaaran auto kaaran
3. Baatsha song
etc

ARR - :roll: Apart from Oruvan Oruvan Muthalali , nothing else.. (IMHO)

IR -- wow.. No one can beat this man if RK needs an INTRO (with village folk etc).. esp "poDuvaaGa eN Manasu thaNgam" which can still raise the blood circulation .. :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
7th May 2006, 05:40 PM
How far Rajini gets involved in song selection ?? any idea ? I know Kamal is deeply involved in song composition of late

nope...Rajini doesnt interfere but the MD & DIR is the 1 will compose the song base on Rajini's super star status... wut i heard lately Rajini is not involving himself in the MUSIC section in Shivaji....he let Shankar & ARR to decide which song & what song...knwing that Shankar & ARR is the best...

thumburu
7th May 2006, 06:37 PM
"IR & Deva will give that typical intro for Rajini,i guess they dont dare to take the risk to experiment on Rajini intro with changing any of the elements of an NORMAL RAJINI INTRO song....ARR has daringly changed many...Oruvan Oruvan had a grand opening" - hello dinesh, the above statements only show your myopic view of this topic. .
"they dont dare to take the risk to experiment on Rajini intro with changing any of the elements of an NORMAL RAJINI INTRO song.. " - Now can you answer me who laid this pattern of so called "Normal iRajini intro song" ? It was MSV and IR. So your "ARR only did this and that" statement rings hollow. MSV's "My name is Billa" and "Naan pollaadhavan" were anthems for the kids of 80's. The same goes for "podhuvaga en manasu". ARR's "oruvan", and Deva's "naan autokaaran" , albeit a grand opening , rode more on the political ipiggyback than solely for Rajini's acting or style or MD's whatever charisma.

thumburu
7th May 2006, 06:45 PM
Btw, my personal favourite is the evergreen, peppy "aasai nnoru vagai"
sung by MV from "adutha varisu"

MADDY
7th May 2006, 06:53 PM
hello dinesh, the above statements only show your myopic view of this topic. .

It was MSV and IR. So your "ARR only did this and that" statement rings hollow. MSV's "My name is Billa" and "Naan pollaadhavan" were anthems for the kids of 80's. The same goes for "podhuvaga en manasu". ARR's "oruvan", and Deva's "naan autokaaran" , albeit a grand opening , rode more on the political ipiggyback than solely for Rajini's acting or style or MD's whatever charisma.

i dunno y but IR fans seem to never come out of the shell.....shell- "I KNOW EVERYTHING"......

dinesh2002
7th May 2006, 07:00 PM
hello dinesh, the above statements only show your myopic view of this topic. .

It was MSV and IR. So your "ARR only did this and that" statement rings hollow. MSV's "My name is Billa" and "Naan pollaadhavan" were anthems for the kids of 80's. The same goes for "podhuvaga en manasu". ARR's "oruvan", and Deva's "naan autokaaran" , albeit a grand opening , rode more on the political ipiggyback than solely for Rajini's acting or style or MD's whatever charisma.

i dunno y but IR fans seem to never come out of the shell.....shell- "I KNOW EVERYTHING"......

not all.... 8-)

but as for thumbhuru maapu....rathatthallai ooririche.... :lol: :lol: :lol: onnum seiya mudhiyathu...if he does changes...it will be the case of " Its a medical miracle" :lol: ...JK!! :wink:

narayanan
7th May 2006, 07:08 PM
Annamalai is <strike>a</strike> the landmark movie of Rajini. It revolutionised the concept, of the 'erangi-kuthu' type intro and a punch transition song. Though he had intros like 'Pothuvaga En Manasu', 'My name is Billa','Aasai Nooruvagai' (quite forgot, was this an intro song?). 'Vandhenda Paalkaran' and 'Vetri Nichayam' were trendsetters for 4 different movies. The songs did create a hype and the movie exceeded all expectations.

Its a joint work by the MD and the director, its upto the MD to live up to that expectations. And in a larger than life Rajini movie I wouldnt look for instruments or anything. These 2 songs (if present) should make me shout 'Thalaivaaaaaa' no matter how silent the theater is ;) :lol: Surely Annamalai, Basha and to an extent Arunachalam too did that.

Agreed Deva is an average MD, he copies blah-blah, but he did, he worked out very well, and so my vote for these kind of movies :thumbsup:

IR would've done it, but he was'nt experimented under this very same condition. He did do many past movies, but post-Annamalai the expectations totally differed.

ARR made a match in 'Padayappa'. 'Singanadai' and 'Vetrikodi Kattu' echoed all across Tamilnadu. Yes 'Oruvan Oruvan' was good too, but I did'nt feel it was the best of the lot, and 'Dippu Kumari' was the forgettable for 3 reasons: that stuppid humming in the start :?, SPB did'nt sing, I did'nt like the tune as much as the other intros. 'Sakthi Kodu' was good, but could be called the best of the lot type.

Here I am talking only about the larger than life portrayals. Sure there are other songs, but IMO for such type stories in a Rajini movie, the movie would live up with/for these 2 songs and if one screws up these songs, no matter how good the other songs are, it would be a disappointment. After all whats the fun in going to a such a movie without that.

I'll writeup another sometime later about why I said Ilayaraja otherwise. Till then I leave this post for counter-opinions :P

PS: no strikethrough tag :? thats what the <strike> tag meant in the first few lines.

Thunderbird
7th May 2006, 07:43 PM

but you should not be the person to talk abt it :wink:

it's the case for lots of ARR fans too :(

rajasaranam
7th May 2006, 08:01 PM
[tscii:b4dadf0eb4]Iam Giving The complete List of Rajini-Raja Combination It should say it all :)

1 1977 Bhuvana Oru KelviKuri - Vizhiyilaemalarnthathu -RaajaEnbaar
2 1977 Gayathri - KaalaiPaniyil -VaazhvaeMaayama
3 1977 kavikuyil - ChinnaKannanAlaikiraan -KuyilaeKaviKuyilae
4 1977 pathinaaru vayathinilae -ManjaKulichi -SevanthiPooMudicha
5 1978 Aval Appadithaan - Uravugalthodarkathai -PaneerPushpanagalae
6 1978 Bairavi - KattapullaKuttapulla -Nanduooruthu
7 1978 Ilamai Oonjalaadugirathu -ThanneeKaruthiruchu -EnnadiMeenatchi
8 1978 Mullum Malrum - RaamanAandalum - SenthaazhamPoovil
9 1978 Priya - DarlingDarling -AkkaraiSeemai
10 1979 AarilirunthuArubathuvarai -Kanmaniyae kaathal -Vaazhkayaevesham
11 1979 AnnaiOarAalayam - Ammaneesumanthapillai -AppanaeAppanae
12 1979 Dharmayudham - AagayaGangai - Oruthangarathathil
13 1979 NaanVaazhavaipen - AagayamMelae -ThirutherilVarumSilayo
14 1980 AnbukkuNaanAdimai -KaatilOrusingakuttiyaam -Kaathodupoovuraasa
15 1980 EllamUnKairaasi - SerikuSevai - AdiOnkaariMaari
16 1980 Jhonny - AasaiyaKaathula -SenoRitaILoveYou
17 1980 Kaali - Vaazhumattum -ThithikkumMuthuCharam
18 1980 MurattuKaalai - PothuvaagaEnmanasu -EnthaPoovilumVaasam
19 1980 NaanPoattaSavaal - NenjeUnAasaiEnna -NattukkuleSila
20 1981 Garajanai - VaruvvaiAnbe -VanthathuNallathu
21 1981 Kazhugu - PonOviyum - KaathalEnnumKoyil
22 1981 Netrikan - Mappillaikku - RamaninMohanam
23 1982 EngaeyoKaettaKural - PattuVannaChelaiKaari -AathoramKaathaada
24 1982 PuthuKavithai - VaaVaaVasanthamae -VaareVaareVaaVaa
25 1982 ThanikaatuRaaja - NaanThaanToppu -SanthanaKaatre
26 1983 AduthaVaarisu - AasaiNooruvagai -PesaKoodathu
27 1983 PaayumPuli - AadiMaasamKaathadikka -PothukittuOothuthadi
28 1983 ThangaMagan - VaaVaaPakkamVaa -RathiriyilPoothirukum
29 1984 AnbullaRajnikaanth -Muthumani sudarae vaa- ThaenPoovaePoovae
30 1984 KaiKodukkumKai - AathaPethalae - ThazhamPoove
31 1984 NaanmaagaanAlla - MaalaiSoodumVelai -UnMelaOruKannu
32 1984 Nallavanukkunallavan - VachukavaUnnaiMattum -Unnaithaanae…
33 1984 ThambikkuEnthaOoru - EnVaazhvilae -KaathalinDeepamOndru
34 1985 KodaiMazhai - ThuppakkiKaiyilEduthu -ThenThoongumPoovae
35 1985 NaanSigappuManithan - EllorumaeThirudange -GandhiDesameKaaval
36 1985 Padikaathavan - SolliAdipaenadi -RajavukkuRaajaNaanthaan
37 1985 SriRagavendra - UnakkumEnakkum -AdalKalaiyae
38 1985 UnkannilNeerVazhinthaal -EnnaDesamo - KannilEnnaKaarkaalam
39 1986 Maaveeran - OthunguOthugu -NeeKoduthatha
40 1986 ManadhilUrudhiVendum -VangalaKadale - ManathilUruthiVendum
41 1986 Mr.Bharath - EnThayinMeethuAaanai -EnnammaKannu
42 1987 Velaikaaran - VelaiIllathavan -ThotathilaePaathi
43 1988 DharmathinThalaivan -Thenmaduraivaigainadhi -Muthamizhkaviyae
44 1988 GuruShishyan - NaarkaalikkuSandaiPodum- VaaVaaVanjiIlamaanae
45 1989 Mappillai - EnnodaRaasiNallaRaasi -UnnaithaanNithamNitham
46 1989 RajadhiRaaja - EnKittaMothathe -MalayaalaKaraiOram
47 1989 Siva - AdaMapillaSumma -AdiVaanmathi
48 1990 AthisayaPiravi - Thaathamthanakummi -AnnakiliyaSornakiliyae
49 1990 Panakaaran - NooruVarushamIntha -UllukkullaChakaravarthi
50 1991 DharmaDurai - Sandahikkuvandhakili -OnnurenduMoonunaalu
51 1991 Thalapathy - RakkammaKaiyaThattu -KaatuKuyilu
52 1992 Mannan - Kumthalakadi -Sandiraniyae
53 1992 Paandian - Ulagathukaaga -PandiyaanaaKokka
54 1993 Ejamaan - EjamaamKaaladi -OruNaaluUunaiMaravaatha
55 1993 Uzhaipaali - UzhaipaaliIllatha -MuthiraiIppothu
56 1993 Valli - DinguDanguRappapo -EnnulleEnnulle
57 1994 Veera - KonjiKonji -VaadiVethalaPaaku[/tscii:b4dadf0eb4]

rajasaranam
7th May 2006, 08:36 PM
As narayanan Has Pointed out Deva has given excellent songs for the 'larger than life ' Superstardom Image Of Rajini. But till he reached this point Raaja in complete 80's and early 90's and probably MSV in early 80's were the Ones who were experimenting with all kinds of songs for him. You can see a Dappankuthu or a disco or a pure melody like 'MalaiyalaKaraiyoram' for Rajini's Intro's. But still Rajini Intro songs were not a necessity then.
Thalpathy should have marked the Arrival of Rajini Being Introduced thro a song But it was not a necessity still. 'Mannan' or 'Veera' didnt have the typical Intro Songs as we see in todays Rajini Movies. Even then IR was experimenting with a 'Ulakathukaaga' in paandian-a typical MGR Intro Song alike. 'Ejamaan' had a 'EjamaanKaaladi' which was way too different for a rajini movie and 'Uzhaipaali' had 'Uzhaipaali Illatha'.
Analysing the songs IR gave for rajini We can naturally come to a conclusion that IR was not stopping anywhere with kuthu songs for Rajini and he was experimenting always.
But Deva knew what was right for Rajini. He just grabbed the oppurtunity and On the lines of 'Pothuvaaga Enmanasu' composed 'Vanthenda Paalakaaran' 'NaanAutokaaran' 'AthandaIthandaa' And established that a rajini intro songs should have SPB and Folk Rhythms.
ARR was a bit behind and started experimenting late but his songs were good too but it was not the right time. Muthu and Padaiyappa were great but 'Dippudippu' with the voice of SM and punjabi rhythms was never welcomed by RajiniFans here in TN period.
And i can only laugh at the sweeping statement like 'IR never experimented and Only ARR experimented'.
Rajini's songs were sung by MalaysiaVasudevan[Pothuvvaaga, Aasainooruvagai], SPB[Rakkamma,RajavukkuRajaanaanthaan], Yesudaas[AagayamMelae], Mano[EnnodaRaasi,EnkittaMothathae] and even Arunmozhi[AathulaAnnakili] at times.
Vishayam theiriyaatha ARR Fans are like Poonai's who keep their eyes shut :notworthy:

rajasaranam
7th May 2006, 08:45 PM
IR would've done it, but he was'nt experimented under this very same condition.

Exactly... :) If done we would've known how much more IR Could've blown up Rajini's Image :thumbsup:

narayanan
7th May 2006, 08:47 PM
Few rajasaranam missed:

3. Kavikuyil = kadhal oviyam kanden
16. Johnny - En Vanile, Katril En Geetham
23 Engeyo Keatta Kural - Ennulil Engo, Thayum Naane
24. Pudhukkavidhai - Vellai Pura Ondru
29. Anbulla Rajinikanth - Kadavul Ullame
31 Naan Mahaan Alla - Kalyanam Vaibogam
32.Nallavanukku Nallavan - Chittukku
35. Naan Sigappu Manidhan - Penmaane, Venmegam
36.Padikkadhavan - Oora Therinjukitten
37 Raghavendra - Rama Naamam, Guruve Saranam
38 Un Kannil Neer Vazhindhal - Malare Malare
42.Velaikkaran - Vaa Vaa Vaa Kanna
45 Mappillai - Ennadhan Sugamo
46 Rajathi Raja - Meenamma, Mama Un Ponna
47 Siva - Iruvizhiyin, Haiya haiya doi
50 Darma Durai - Aanenna, Annanenna, Maasi Maasam
51 Dhalapathi - Sundari
52 Mannan - Rajathi Raja
53 Pandian - Pandianin Rajiyathil, Anbe Nee enna
54 Ejaman - Nilave Mugam, Raaku Muthu, Aalapol
55 Uzhaippali - Kolakkili, Oru Maina
57 Veera - Madathile, Aathula Annaili

rajasaranam
7th May 2006, 09:02 PM
Narayanan I missed them... I tried to give atleast two songs from a movie-If possible a peppy song and a melody thats why i missed them :)

narayanan
7th May 2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah, just felt like giving that list a complete touch ;)

dinesh2002
7th May 2006, 09:17 PM
As narayanan Has Pointed out Deva has given excellent songs for the 'larger than life ' Superstardom Image Of Rajini. But till he reached this point Raaja in complete 80's and early 90's and probably MSV in early 80's were the Ones who were experimenting with all kinds of songs for him. You can see a Dappankuthu or a disco or a pure melody like 'MalaiyalaKaraiyoram' for Rajini's Intro's. But still Rajini Intro songs were not a necessity then.
Thalpathy should have marked the Arrival of Rajini Being Introduced thro a song But it was not a necessity still. 'Mannan' or 'Veera' didnt have the typical Intro Songs as we see in todays Rajini Movies. Even then IR was experimenting with a 'Ulakathukaaga' in paandian-a typical MGR Intro Song alike. 'Ejamaan' had a 'EjamaanKaaladi' which was way too different for a rajini movie and 'Uzhaipaali' had 'Uzhaipaali Illatha'.
Analysing the songs IR gave for rajini We can naturally come to a conclusion that IR was not stopping anywhere with kuthu songs for Rajini and he was experimenting always.
But Deva knew what was right for Rajini. He just grabbed the oppurtunity and On the lines of 'Pothuvaaga Enmanasu' composed 'Vanthenda Paalakaaran' 'NaanAutokaaran' 'AthandaIthandaa' And established that a rajini intro songs should have SPB and Folk Rhythms.
ARR was a bit behind and started experimenting late but his songs were good too but it was not the right time. Muthu and Padaiyappa were great but 'Dippudippu' with the voice of SM and punjabi rhythms was never welcomed by RajiniFans here in TN period.
And i can only laugh at the sweeping statement like 'IR never experimented and Only ARR experimented'.
Rajini's songs were sung by MalaysiaVasudevan[Pothuvvaaga, Aasainooruvagai], SPB[Rakkamma,RajavukkuRajaanaanthaan], Yesudaas[AagayamMelae], Mano[EnnodaRaasi,EnkittaMothathae] and even Arunmozhi[AathulaAnnakili] at times.
Vishayam theiriyaatha ARR Fans are like Poonai's who keep their eyes shut :notworthy:

hello mr rajajalz....it was some people who condemned ARR for not using SPB for Dippu Kumari and that is y they never supported it...from ur own words it shows people was just against Dippu Kumari just coz it was BY ARRAHMAN and not coz its not sung by SPB..so in what ground can they condemn ARR coz he used SM for dippu when IR himself had used other singers too b4....also u telling coz dippu had punjabi rhythms thats y it was not welcome...how do u explain Devuda now???? :roll: ofcource i ws aware IR had used other singers for Rajini's MAIN song b4 but i purposely bring up this matter by tellilng ARR created a trend by using a 'new' singer for Rajini's intro song....coz i knew it would just make u guys burn & u will come up with this...ithe....ithethan naan ethurparthen....

so now tell me...y DIPPU kumari isnt welcomed in TN?? :wink:

Sanjeevi
7th May 2006, 11:38 PM
There are two songs one is folkish and other one is fusion. They are

1) Pothuvaga En Manasu Thangam
2) Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu

None can match Thalapathy's Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu's standard :thumbsup:

MADDY
8th May 2006, 07:18 AM
Even then IR was experimenting with a 'Ulakathukaaga' in paandian-a typical MGR Intro Song alike. 'Ejamaan' had a 'EjamaanKaaladi' which was way too different for a rajini movie and 'Uzhaipaali' had 'Uzhaipaali Illatha'.
Analysing the songs IR gave for rajini We can naturally come to a conclusion that IR was not stopping anywhere with kuthu songs for Rajini and he was experimenting always

wat experiment did ur guy do here???summa kadhula poo suthathinga.......yenya IR yenna pannalum adhu experimenta....'ulakathukaaga' - experimenta?? :shock: ........adhu enaa xperimento, song bit the dust miserably........and wat was so different in 'uzhaipaali Illatha' song???come on RS, i'm :rotfl:

on a serious note no xperiment can match ARR's usage of udit narayan for muthu song......it was a huge risk, if backfired it wud have been curtains for ARR....so there is no doubt that ARR innovates more than others for Rajini.......tell u wat he is himself singing for rajini in shivaji....... :lol:

m_23_bayarea
8th May 2006, 07:57 AM
MSV - Did a lot of popular movies like Billa, Thee, Pollathavan etc etc in the late 70s and early 80s ... :D

IR - Main reason behind the success of Rajini and Kamal in the 80s ... He's done soooooo many movies with Rajini, and almost all of them were Superhits ... :thumbsup:

Deva - Elevated Rajini to Superstar level with his BGM in Annamalai and Baasha !! :thumbsup:

ARR - Reminds me of the saying, "Oru Paana Sothukku Oru Sor Padham" .... Even though he's only composed for 3 movies so far with Sivaji being the 4th, I still feel his is the best suited for Rajini ... He made a normal masala movie like MUTHU look like a classy one just cos of his BGM ... And the intro song Oruvan Oruvan is easily the best for Rajini so far ... The BGMs in PADYAPPA where Rajini gets that snake, and the scene where Ramya Krishnan and Rajini meet after 18 years will have the whole scene (for abt 5 mins) with only BGM and no dialogues ..... And even the flop movie BABA has the record for the highest music seller .... So obviously I came back to GURUNAATHAR + THALAIVAR = BLOCKBUSTER formula !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

HJ - Since I also like Harris, I want Harris to work with Rajini atleast once ... Atleast for this, Rajini should act in the ARM movie next !! :P

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 09:12 AM
There are two songs one is folkish and other one is fusion. They are

1) Pothuvaga En Manasu Thangam
2) Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu

None can match Thalapathy's Rakkamma Kaiya Thattu's standard :thumbsup:

its coz Mani Ratnam was there.... if it wasnt for Mani Ratnam....IR would have composed another tabla/tavil base song... :lol: :lol:

narayanan
8th May 2006, 09:30 AM
its coz Mani Ratnam was there

FYI, Murattukalai was SP.Muthuraman. Rajini did only one movie in the Mani-IR combo. If the combo did'nt work good, there would'nt have been an association for 17 years (Kavikkuyil -> Veera). Infact the first Rahman-Rajini movie was in 1995.

IR would have composed another tabla/tavil base song

So what ? as long as the song is good, why would I be bothered about it ? If the song sucks, would a new instrument invented specifically for the movie make any difference to me ?

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 10:33 AM
its coz Mani Ratnam was there

FYI, Murattukalai was SP.Muthuraman. Rajini did only one movie in the Mani-IR combo. If the combo did'nt work good, there would'nt have been an association for 17 years (Kavikkuyil -> Veera). Infact the first Rahman-Rajini movie was in 1995.

IR would have composed another tabla/tavil base song

So what ? as long as the song is good, why would I be bothered about it ? If the song sucks, would a new instrument invented specifically for the movie make any difference to me ?

FYKI, he was talking about STANDARD...not TASTE...that is why i brought MANI RATNAM in.... there is a big difference between Poduvaga song & Rakamma song...both SOUNDS VERY GOOD...but the STYLE & STANDARD r diff!!!! :roll:

tvsankar
8th May 2006, 10:42 AM
The topic is

WHich MD is best suited for Rajini's Movies !!

ARR worked in 3 movies only.In this list, 2 of them are only suited. Baba is not accepted ny the public.

In the case of MSV,
He also worked in some movies.L don't know the details,

In the case of IR,
He worked a lot of moveis. What is it means?

IR is accepted for Rajini's movies by the public.
At the time, each and every film was expected by the public for IR and Rajini combo !!! This is true !!!

As a reference of the topic, IR is mostly suited for RAjini's movies.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

thumburu
8th May 2006, 02:03 PM
If Maddy doesn't have anything sensible to counter argue,he resorts to his fav pasttime of dragging IR Fans. Give us a break. Will you?and Dinesh, will u pls stop addressing me as "maapu" or thoppu.
Hub etiquette demands it. BTW, Iam not a "he".
Now, coming to the topic,
IR is the only MD who has addressed different dimensions of Rajini as an actor -
[ be it an amma/thangachi sentiment or lost lover or a loverboy lost in love or pining for an unrequited love . his delectable "thimirthanam" [Oh how I miss this Rajini !!!] - you name a mood, Raja would have covered it.
This is a fact that cannot be refuted. ARR or Deva or VS simply wERE not existing during Rajini's golden acting period .
How many varieties can we expect in an uni dimensional super star's films other than "thudipaadalgaL" or boring upadesa paadalGal?
ARR fans can just chill.
It is as simple as how IR can no where figure
if somebody were to discuss a SJSurya's or
Shahrukhkhan's songs or even the great Shivaji's songs

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 05:15 PM
ohhh..thumburu ur a gal va.... :lol: sorry ye... :wink: yes thumburu.... if Rajini's golden days were with IR....so wut about the Rajini NOW???? :wink: its selfish to tell IR was the 1 with Rajini during his best days...coz even untill now Rajini is doing good...infact better than in 1980s...and its ARR & Deva is the 1 composing music for nowdays Rajini.... and ofcource u know wut response were for Batsha,Annamalai,Muthu & Padaiyappa movies & audio.... :wink: infact Deva was the 1 created the trend for a Terrific Theme Music for Rajini.... and ARR improvise that Theme music in many ways.... Baba & Chandramuki might be the weak albums of Rajini albums in since Batsha ....coz both the albums were diff in script ....

S.Balaji
8th May 2006, 05:47 PM
Thumburu and others....

When RK was at his peak, only IR was ruling and obviously the credit went to him but it in noway undermines ARR's abilities as a composer...
Given 3 chances, I think he did extremely well for all the 3 and all were super hits.....

ARR by no means inferior .....

but today , when we see RK movies, most of them were IR and naturally our assessment of best composer goes to IR only

Now someone will open a similar thread for Kamal also !

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 05:53 PM
Thumburu and others....

When RK was at his peak, only IR was ruling and obviously the credit went to him but it in noway undermines ARR's abilities as a composer...
Given 3 chances, I think he did extremely well for all the 3 and all were super hits.....

ARR by no means inferior .....

but today , when we see RK movies, most of them were IR and naturally our assessment of best composer goes to IR only

Now someone will open a similar thread for Kamal also !

superbly answered !!! :clap: :clap:

MADDY
8th May 2006, 06:12 PM
guys guys.......please stop it...thumburu, wat is the need to argue with ppl. who have closed their minds on ARR??

idhu thevaya ramakrishna???? IR v/s ARR fight never ending pola irukku.... :cry:

Balaji, really priviliged to see ur post praising ARR......i guess MSV fans are not that bad either :lol:

Ramakrishna
8th May 2006, 06:15 PM
guys guys.......please stop it...thumburu, wat is the need to argue with ppl. who have closed their minds on ARR??

idhu thevaya ramakrishna???? IR v/s ARR fight never ending pola irukku.... :cry:

Well i am trying to unite IR fans with ARR fans :lol: :lol: :lol:

MADDY
8th May 2006, 06:21 PM
Well i am trying to unite IR fans with ARR fans :lol: :lol: :lol:

ippadiye pesi pesi odamba rana galam aakkitangale........ :lol: :lol: ........kai pilla escapu....

S.Balaji
8th May 2006, 06:26 PM

Balaji, really priviliged to see ur post praising ARR......i guess MSV fans are not that bad either :lol:

Enna Maddy dear

Indha vambu dhaanay vendam engiradhu :thumbsup:

Ennai oru MSV fan endru muthirai kuthiyaagiviteergalaa :oops:
I love both MSV and IR music of the 70s

Oru maadhiri ennai persu categorickku thalli viteenga ...romba aniyaayam :o

Ok..... Lets not forget the fact that it was ARR who broke the IR regime ( 76 to 92 )....and it takes a real champion of a composer to overtake a legend like IR and it was ARR .....( remember IR did the same to MSV in 76 and reached peak in 79-80 )
in the process ARR set a new trend in tamil film music.....
Not only that , ARR went to Hindi filmdom and also became a champion performer there ( though I am not drawing comparisons, the success levels of ARR in Hindi movies were far higher than IR's )
Now ARR has already gone global !

Instead of envying a real outstanding talent, lets salute ARR also for his phenomenal contributions........ :clap: :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 06:54 PM
ofcource i ws aware IR had used other singers for Rajini's MAIN song b4 but i purposely bring up this matter by tellilng ARR created a trend by using a 'new' singer for Rajini's intro song....coz i knew it would just make u guys burn & u will come up with this...ithe....ithethan naan ethurparthen....

'Keezhae Vizhunthaalum Meesailae Maan Ottalae' Party...O avanthaanaa nee :lol:

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 07:02 PM
ofcource i ws aware IR had used other singers for Rajini's MAIN song b4 but i purposely bring up this matter by tellilng ARR created a trend by using a 'new' singer for Rajini's intro song....coz i knew it would just make u guys burn & u will come up with this...ithe....ithethan naan ethurparthen....

'Keezhae Vizhunthaalum Meesailae Maan Ottalae' Party...O avanthaanaa nee :lol:

sorry...i only speak wut i think....i dun lie or hide anything....manasu pure GOLD pa... :lol: :lol: :lol: Chokkathangam

Scale
8th May 2006, 07:31 PM
[tscii:b70e446c64]
BTW, Iam not a "he".

"kalbali – narabali"

How stupid was I explaining you the greatness of that khalbali's experimentation with a technically analysed link (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5110&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120)

Kazhudhaikku theriyuma karpura vasana? (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=252861&highlight=#252861). U demand Hub eloquette rite!hammer (http://beachcave.net/gifs/daemon_hammer.jpg) [/tscii:b70e446c64]

Raghu
8th May 2006, 07:36 PM
Ir & ARR are class and Legendary MDs, Deva is an average MD , IR has give timeless CLASSICS, i just CANT list the endless list!!!

ARR produced classic in 'Oruvan oruvan' , then he messed up big time in baba, by giving dippu dippu to SMD, rather than SPB, even child knows no SPB no SUPER SONG for SUPER *, did not ARR KNOW THIS ???

but Deva DID an excellent JOB in annamalai and Basha!!!, Vanthenta paalkarae and Naa autokaran autokaran were just AMAZINGLY ,
though the DRUM BEATS reminded me so much of Kaatu kuyilu fromThalapthy!!,

IR out of his 90's songs, who on EARTH can beat 'Sundari Kannaal' from Thalapathy, his 80's hits are just TREAT for the Atma, My atma Goes into heaven , when EVER I hear Dr.SPB+Dr.IR songs in the 80's. i JUST CAN NOT EXPLAIN THE FEELING!

so to sum it up, without the MAGICAL MAJESTIC VOICE of Dr.S.P.Balasubhramaniam, any song by any MD is just life less, so a BIG
LAkLAKLAKALKA to Dr.SPB!!!

Ramakrishna
8th May 2006, 07:36 PM
[tscii:ad338e9d8e]
BTW, Iam not a "he".

"kalbali – narabali"

How stupid was I explaining you the greatness of that khalbali's experimentation with a technically analysed link (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5110&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120)

Kazhudhaikku theriyuma karpura vasana? (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=252861&highlight=#252861). U demand Hub eloquette rite!hammer (http://beachcave.net/gifs/daemon_hammer.jpg) [/tscii:ad338e9d8e]

:rotfl: :rotfl:

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 07:42 PM
wat experiment did ur guy do here???summa kadhula poo suthathinga.......yenya IR yenna pannalum adhu experimenta....'ulakathukaaga' - experimenta??

Listen to the prelude and interludes of 'Ulakathukaaga' song and you will know from where ARR got the Idea for 'Oruvan Oruvan SOng' :lol:

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 07:48 PM
wat experiment did ur guy do here???summa kadhula poo suthathinga.......yenya IR yenna pannalum adhu experimenta....'ulakathukaaga' - experimenta??

Listen to the prelude and interludes of 'Ulakathukaaga' song and you will know from where ARR got the Idea for 'Oruvan Oruvan SOng' :lol:

Listen to I Love You - Vedan and u will know from where IR got the idea for " Poopothethe - MX" :lol: :lol:

inspiration comes to everyone....including the great IR too...so dont talk allot ok va....;)

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 07:51 PM
Listen to I Love You - Vedan and u will know from where IR got the idea for " Poopothethe - MX" :lol: :lol:

inspiration comes to everyone....including the great IR too...so dont talk allot ok va....;)

Thanks for accepting that 'Oruvan Oruvan' was inspired from 'Ulakathukaaga' song :notworthy: now go tell that to MADDY :P

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 08:03 PM

Thanks for accepting that 'Oruvan Oruvan' was inspired from 'Ulakathukaaga' song :notworthy: now go tell that to MADDY :P

i never agreed.....coz i never heard of that song... if u have the linke...gimme...ill listen and decide.....and also thank u for accepting IR too inspired from Deva :notworthy: :notworthy:

Raghu
8th May 2006, 08:11 PM
Oruvan Oruvan Muthalai is a Masterpiece, it is insane to compare it with Ulgathukaha from Pandiyan!!!

Dinesh

That song is from the Film Pandiyan

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 08:11 PM
Dinesh how are you able to you wipe off your meesai often :lol:

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 08:14 PM
Here is the link for pandian film
http://rajinifans.com/showurl.asp?url=http://rajinifans55.tripod.com/

Ramakrishna
8th May 2006, 08:37 PM

What nonsense :evil:

Vysar
8th May 2006, 08:42 PM
Chandrabose :)

Aravind_06
8th May 2006, 08:46 PM
I dont know to what extent Superstar involves in the songs. But whoever the MD is, songs are going to be a hit. Even in Baba, I Felt the songs are good.
Amsalekha' songs for Kodi parakkuthu were hit.
Chandrabose's songs for manidhan, raja chinna roja went well with the public. So are A.R.Rahaman, Deva and Vidya sagar. If given a chance, even Iman and Dhina will come good.

But the thing is, Illaiyaraja is the most ideal one to do music for Superstar's film. Waiting for a movie with Superstar & Illaiyaraja combo...

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 08:53 PM
:twisted:
First listen to the music style and orchestration and come back to comment

Ramakrishna
8th May 2006, 09:00 PM
:twisted:
First listen to the music style and orchestration and come back to comment

I had commented only after listening to the song fully.Nothing is similar :evil:

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 09:01 PM

i know this song...great song too....another good intro too....but i dun feel the simularity among this & oruvan oruvan....mabby u got excited coz both has this "Ohhhhh Ohhhhhhh" humming by SPB....both has great lyrics too...this by vairamuthu too???

Raghu
8th May 2006, 09:16 PM

i know this song...great song too....another good intro too....but i dun feel the simularity among this & oruvan oruvan....mabby u got excited coz both has this "Ohhhhh Ohhhhhhh" humming by SPB....both has great lyrics too...this by vairamuthu too???

No, it was not by SPB, it was by Mano

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 09:22 PM

Song was by mano... Iam not saying anything about the tune or lifts by ARR Iam just hinting at the compositional and orchestrational style of both songs. especially the violins and drums combo of the first interlude in 'Ulakathukaaga' are similar to the violins and drums combo in 'Oruvan Oruvan'.
Please read carefully its not a lift Iam talking about its about the musical style

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 10:10 PM
ohhh....goodnes...i taut its SPB....atleast nowdays he dont sound like SPB this much.....but rajasaranam...seriously i still dun find the simularity in the music arrangements....

if u tell me Devuda's starting & Oruvan muthalali is same...thats is truly obvious....but this is really nothing i see....unless u mean using the same instrument is called inspired :P

rajasaranam
8th May 2006, 10:17 PM
Leave it Dinesh Maachaan You wont get it :) get ahead with the topic with IR leading the poll as of now :wink:

thamizhvaanan
8th May 2006, 10:31 PM
I voted for IR :thumbsup:, for one simple reason!

"podhuvaga en manasu thangam"

i dont particularly remember any other intro songs for him by IR, but this one is a standout. I dont normally patronise heroics in films, but in that film when IR churns out those punchy beats as rajni does kambu sandai, i couldnt help but grin at my superhero. Kudos!

I like oruvan oruvan mudalali too, but didn wanna compare, coz it was way beyond doubt for me :) .

Vysar
8th May 2006, 10:41 PM
How about Shankar-Ganesh? MundruMugam, Oorkavalan etc.

Nakeeran
8th May 2006, 11:09 PM

I think oorkavalan is by IR
SG composed for devar films also .thai meethu sathiyam ?

Sanjeevi
8th May 2006, 11:18 PM

I too think Oorkavalan by IR. And MundruMugam's Devamirdham Jeevamirtham is a exact copy of a hindhi super hit song.

Some years before, a chance happened to me to watch a song of SG in a TV channel. What a surprise it was a 100% copy of IR's agni natchathiram's "Roja poo adi vanthathu".

SG was a kollu grandfa of today's Devas

SG :banghead:

tvsankar
9th May 2006, 12:17 AM
Oor kavalan is not by IR!!

It is by SG or Chandrabose !!

Villanga irundha RAjini Hero vaga nadika arambitha pin,

Rajinin characterku oru azhgana dimention and formula vai seidhu kodutha oru perumai nichayaum IR ku undu !!!! Especially in duet songs !!!

Thumburu sonnadhai pol , variety of sentiments

Idhuvum IR film il than parka mudyum.

balaji
9th May 2006, 04:47 AM
OorKavalan is by SG

Bala

narayanan
9th May 2006, 06:57 AM
If this is becoming like a discussion of Rajini and his MDs.

One cant forget Hamsalekha - I remember there was a stringy-pipe BGM in 'Kodi Parakkudhu' that comes when Rajini has stylist encounters Manivannan. If about songs, other than 'Annai Madiyil' both 'Oh Kadhal' and 'Selai Kattum' are largely popular.

The other being Vijay Anand who did 'Naan Adimai Alla' containing the unforgettable 'Oru Jeevanthaan', also there is an obscure nice song 'Vaa Vaa Idhayame' from the same movie too.

These are like one-hit wonders who did that one movie and disappeared away from TFM(although Hamsalekha did compose a few more, atleast I know of one more).

MADDY
9th May 2006, 07:15 AM
that's rite naryanan, Hamsalekha was too gud in "kodi parakkudu".....but he is a successful composer in kannada.......i have seen his name in quite a few kannada movies.....

coming back to the topic, whom does rajini want???? does he want IR at this point of time or ARRahman??? i think his options were wide open for shivaji, he cud have selected anyone but he agreed to ARR........i guess that had to do more with AVM's directive but still rajini prefers ARR over to IR is a open-secret.....

m_23_bayarea
9th May 2006, 07:22 AM
i guess that had to do more with AVM's directive but still rajini prefers ARR over to IR is a open-secret.....

:thumbsup: :clap:

narayanan
9th May 2006, 07:33 AM
Yes Hamsalekha is a known Kannada composer. Also I guess VIjay Anand was a Telugu movie composer.

i guess that had to do more with AVM's directive but still rajini prefers ARR over to IR is a open-secret.....

YOu completely forgot Shankar out of the picture here. It could be recollected that all Shankar-Rahman movies had very good cassette sales.

If Rajini preferred, I dont think Chandramukhi would've had Vidyasagar composing it. The producer is the Sivaji family, not quite distant to Rajini.

BTW was there a AVM production, Rahman composition movie before ? :roll:

m_23_bayarea
9th May 2006, 07:42 AM
Narayan, but both of Rajini's home production movies PADAYAPPA and BABA had ARR right !!! :)

When BABA was made, Rajini was even willing to wait for ARR and get the music offline, all the way from London !! Does that mean something ?? :? :?

Thunderbird
9th May 2006, 07:53 AM
my vote goes to the great IR

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 10:01 AM
Rajni himself a great fan of IR i guess..

IR's amazing songs were important during Rajni's early career path..
I cannot imagine anyone else soring for movies like Murattukalai, Padikkatavan and etc...

MADDY
9th May 2006, 11:22 AM
in that case, raiki, BR and IR were from same village and were family frnds..........but after 1992 all biggies of Indian cinema (except our paramakudi nayagan) preferred ARR bcos he is a directors' man.......he keeps everyone happy (xcept IR fans :wink: )...even MR is a fan of Ilayaraja but cannot think of anyone other than ARR for his movies, that is the level of public-relation that ARR has maintained......

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 11:44 AM
Im not sure about this..
But for me i think he has given his best for Rajni

july
9th May 2006, 11:47 AM
IR has given lot of hits back time ago...cant deny that...
but now A.R.R is best choice for Rajini..

Raikkonen
9th May 2006, 11:50 AM
now..
not forever..

People will hardly remember any songs from Baba or Padayappa in next 10 years...
I agree he is a great composer..
But he never gave his best for Rajni...

I think Sivaji will vanish this talks..
ARR always given his best for Shanker..

Djpak
9th May 2006, 01:14 PM
now..
not forever..

People will hardly remember any songs from Baba or Padayappa in next 10 years...
I agree he is a great composer..
But he never gave his best for Rajni...

I think Sivaji will vanish this talks..
ARR always given his best for Shanker..

Muthu is the biggest one, you forgot man !

rajasaranam
9th May 2006, 01:41 PM
Narayan, but both of Rajini's home production movies PADAYAPPA and BABA had ARR right !!! :)
When BABA was made, Rajini was even willing to wait for ARR and get the music offline, all the way from London !! Does that mean something ?? :? :?

It Doesn't mean anything other than the pathetic situation Rajini is in.
He had Raja Score for his home production 'Ragavendra' and almost a directorial debut 'Valli'. [Rajini Wrote the Story, Screenpaly and dialogues for this movie.]. valli got released in 1993 after ARR's entry.
It is IR who started Rejecting Rajini's movies after 'Annamalai' produced by Kavithalayaa and IR was coaxed a lot to do 'Veera' for the sake of Panju Arunachalam. After that Rajini's attempts to Team up with IR had gone waste and he patched up the realtion just during 'Thiruvasagam' release.
Thats why for the Movies 'Chandramukhi' and 'sivaji' Both IR's and Rajini's fans had huge expectation of Them Working together again. Just before the team's announcement for Shivaji...Shankar was seen in IR's daughter Bava's Marriage function. (Mind it He had never attened any of IR's family functions before.) It shows how much effort Rajini is putting in to Team up with IR again.
But IR's Adamancy is well known :(
and I hope he comes out his shell and team up with all those like Manirathnam, Barathiraja, rajinikanth et all who are dying to do so

rajasaranam
9th May 2006, 01:44 PM
in that case, raiki, BR and IR were from same village and were family frnds..........but after 1992 all biggies of Indian cinema (except our paramakudi nayagan) preferred ARR bcos he is a directors' man.......he keeps everyone happy (xcept IR fans :wink: )...even MR is a fan of Ilayaraja but cannot think of anyone other than ARR for his movies, that is the level of public-relation that ARR has maintained......

Perfetly agreed ARR maintains a good public relation :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

rajasaranam
9th May 2006, 01:46 PM

Forgot the great musical 'Minsaara Kanavu' :?: :)

thumburu
9th May 2006, 01:56 PM
"How stupid was I explaining you the greatness of that khalbali's experimentation with a technically analysed link " -

Scale, Keep up your chauvinistic flag flying high.
We are definitely amused.
If you think I cared to even read your stupid , halfbaked
explanation for an insipid number like "kalbali",
you must be living in a fool's paradise.

"Kazhudhaikku theriyuma karpura vasana?. "- true confessions of a self realized soul . LOL!!!

selvakumar
9th May 2006, 02:00 PM

MinsaaRA KaNavu.. :)

narayanan
9th May 2006, 02:53 PM
Forgot the great musical 'Minsaara Kanavu'

Oh yeah now remember :D Dont quite remember producers for each movie :roll:

People will hardly remember any songs from Baba or Padayappa in next 10 years

Perhaps Padayappa, 'Vetrikodi Kattu' song atleast. 'Singanadai' and 'Minsara Poove' would follow.

Baba is forgettable. 'Maya Maya' and 'Sakthi Kodu' were hearable not something that would remember 1/2 decades down the road.

Muthu is the biggest one

Muthu was the first one, not the biggest. Padayappa defenitely would take the top spot, largely due to the way the movie delivered.

MADDY
9th May 2006, 03:05 PM
stupid , halfbaked
explanation for an insipid number like "kalbali",
you must be living in a fool's paradise

wat's wrong with Khalbali song???it was an amazing path-breaking number :shock: :shock:

thamizhvaanan
9th May 2006, 03:47 PM
yea, I also love Khalbhali. may be it was too revolutionary or drastic for other ppl to digest!!

selvakumar
9th May 2006, 06:22 PM
<dgn>

All songs in RDB are excellant..

It is an excellant album from ARR :D

RDB songs have become a way of life nowadays in many corporate environments :D

Everyday I am seeing people playing this album in the morning esp.. LOOSE CONTROL :clap:

</dgn>

narayanan
9th May 2006, 06:33 PM
Thumburu,
Not all like all genres of music right ? A song may be extraordinary in my taste does'nt need to be the same with you ? Any deal of explanation is'nt going to change either of ours' opinions on it right ?

thamizhvaanan
9th May 2006, 06:40 PM
Thumburu,
Not all like all genres of music right ? A song may be extraordinary in my taste does'nt need to be the same with you ? Any deal of explanation is'nt going to change either of ours' opinions on it right ?

:clap: :thumbsup:

Scale
9th May 2006, 06:59 PM
[tscii:6515efc694]Likeability of a song purely depends on listeners age & mood (now he/she :roll:). How can a **+(age) old (not he) can comment about Khalbali arabic fusioned track. Lata M appreciates Vande Mataram better than her's, MSV appreciates Thottal remix. There is no necessity for them to come forward & appreciate these works which no where matches their era. These legends know the trade and what I can understand while reviewing a song/album one has to set the creator's/script mindframe and analyse personally. Have you watched RDB first & do you know how was it picturised. When you say Roobaroo & Paathshaala are ordinary that's your opinion but to term kalbali as narabali is ridiculous. :evil:

Damn, What am I doing explaining this "moonu kaalu muyalu" who is not even attempting to read what others has to say about it. Adamant!

Please don’t advice anyone here about HUB etiquette without you knowing even the fundamentals. kazhudhaikku theriyuma karpura vaasanai,Inspid, halfbaked, fool's paradise. I know you are musically sound but learn to appreciate other's work if cant leave positive, rectifying comments.
[/tscii:6515efc694]

MADDY
9th May 2006, 07:10 PM
vidunga scale.....tension aagadhinga :D ......we need not prove that khalbali is great, as if it was not gr8 then y wud world-renowned Cheb Mami wud have sung in it....

Ramakrishna
9th May 2006, 07:12 PM
Khalbali is the most popular song in my college.It is the most popular song in Bangalore.Kalbali rocks :thumbsup:

narayanan
9th May 2006, 07:14 PM
Scale,
agreed her words were'nt right. and just bcos Lata Mangeshkar appreciates it, does'nt mean I should too.

selvakumar
9th May 2006, 07:14 PM
Khalbali is the most popular song in my college.It is the most popular song in Bangalore.Kalbali rocks :thumbsup:

beg to differ.. It is LOOSE CONTROL which is rocking Bangalore :thumbsup:

&

ofcourse. ROOPA ROOU.. :D

Ramakrishna
9th May 2006, 07:15 PM

beg to differ.. It is LOOSE CONTROL which is rocking Bangalore :thumbsup:

&

ofcourse. ROOPA ROOU.. :D

Whatever, on the whole RDB album rocks in Bangalore. :wink:

selvakumar
9th May 2006, 07:17 PM
Scale,
You are too rude in your reply to her... I can understand your situation.. But quoting that proverb and indirectly referring to them looks bad..

selvakumar
9th May 2006, 07:23 PM
I know you are musically sound but learn to appreciate other's work if cant leave positive, rectifying comments.

errrrr :twisted:

Scale.. I just got the same feeling when some people who had great knowledge in music ridiculed GODFATHER ALBUM and attacked the movie indirectly

Scale
9th May 2006, 07:23 PM
Rude Me! Where were you when said that earlier! :evil:

narayanan,

What? I do understand whats your point now. "Lata M is the nightingale of India" She & her sisters contributions towards indian/tamil music is something amazing & proud to be forever.

selvakumar
9th May 2006, 07:27 PM
Rude Me! Where were you when said that earlier! :evil:

I can expect such things from thumburu.. But not from you.. Anyhow Leave it..

<dgn>

Many people (whom u respect for music knowledge) ridiculed GODFATHER Album to the core.. and ofcourse the movie and their expectations.. Where were u at that time? Just curious. NO offense meant.. I am seeing this from many people.. who ridicule the album and compare it with parasuraam, etc

</dgn>

Scale
9th May 2006, 07:35 PM
Selva,

Trust me, He is the most dignified hubber here. Most of his posts are eyeopener. Read his GF review again... He defended a lift-claim & genuinely points IR's song similarity. I have seen him several times, different topics postings solely. But he never crossed his limit like narabali, calling nick names against hubbers. He is the one who technically analysed every MD in the industry mostly neutrally.

END. :wave:

MADDY
9th May 2006, 07:50 PM
ramakrishna :evil: .....idhu theavaya......ellam nee start panna topicnaladhan.....unna paarka varuvenla appa paarthukkuran..... :lol:

Ramakrishna
9th May 2006, 08:03 PM
ramakrishna :evil: .....idhu theavaya......ellam nee start panna topicnaladhan.....unna paarka varuvenla appa paarthukkuran..... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vysar
9th May 2006, 08:34 PM
How about Thai Veedu? SG stole all the Hindi tunes from Bappilahari.

m_23_bayarea
9th May 2006, 09:01 PM

It Doesn't mean anything other than the pathetic situation Rajini is in.
He had Raja Score for his home production 'Ragavendra' and almost a directorial debut 'Valli'. [Rajini Wrote the Story, Screenpaly and dialogues for this movie.]. valli got released in 1993 after ARR's entry.
It is IR who started Rejecting Rajini's movies after 'Annamalai' produced by Kavithalayaa and IR was coaxed a lot to do 'Veera' for the sake of Panju Arunachalam. After that Rajini's attempts to Team up with IR had gone waste and he patched up the realtion just during 'Thiruvasagam' release.
Thats why for the Movies 'Chandramukhi' and 'sivaji' Both IR's and Rajini's fans had huge expectation of Them Working together again. Just before the team's announcement for Shivaji...Shankar was seen in IR's daughter Bava's Marriage function. (Mind it He had never attened any of IR's family functions before.) It shows how much effort Rajini is putting in to Team up with IR again.
But IR's Adamancy is well known :(
and I hope he comes out his shell and team up with all those like Manirathnam, Barathiraja, rajinikanth et all who are dying to do so

* What pathetic situation are you talkin abt ? I thought he got himself into a bad situation only after the flop of BABA ... Before that, he was still havin a great time ... Otherwise, the expectations for that movie wouldnt have skyrocketed that much !! :D

* I think you've put it exactly the other way round ... Rajini doesnt have to coax anybody to score music for his movies ... Even if VS does it, the album will still be a best seller for his own brand and image !! :notworthy:

* "IR's adamancy is well known" .. You said it !! :thumbsup:

* Again, BR, MR, and all who once used to team up with IR have found an equivalent if not a better subsitue in ARR !!! :clap:

MusicIsLife
9th May 2006, 09:22 PM
In my opinion, any first movie for RK would be phenomenol for the any MD, coz I guess every director has a story line for RK and way they want to portray it, So expecting Muthu to be good is seriously no-brainer or Chandramukhi by VS for the matter of fact. If I can see consistency ( cannot talk about VS ), IR seems to have the edge. after churning out so many movies he always had the niche of differentiating RK's movie songs (poetic justice). In my opinion, ARR's first was good, padayappa ( i did not like it), baba (a couple of songs were good). Deva was consistently good for the 3 movies.
My vote will go to IR, followed by Deva, and ARR (with regards to consistency), but Sivaji could prove different for ARR as it is shankars movie. Wait and see would be a good thing. most suited-IR has the crown and the edge.

Aravind_06
9th May 2006, 09:59 PM
Iam one of the big fan of IR's music. I hv. a collection of almost all of his songs.

My views are that IR is a natural born genius. Not the one, who puts lot of brains into work like ARR. He does not do anything special for composing. It does come naturally from him and thats why he is gifted.

At the same time, he is not so good in dealing with people. and is very difficult person to move along. If he had used his brains, with his natural born talent, he would hv definitely conquered the world with his enchanting music.(unfortunately, he is foolish).

still, if IR joins hands with the likes of manirathnam, bharathiraja, rajinikant, we will be gifted with everlasting musicals.

rashid2raj
9th May 2006, 11:07 PM
Iam one of the big fan of IR's music. I hv. a collection of almost all of his songs.

My views are that IR is a natural born genius. Not the one, who puts lot of brains into work like ARR. He does not do anything special for composing. It does come naturally from him and thats why he is gifted.

Ennatha sollavaruringa.. ??

Aravind_06
9th May 2006, 11:17 PM
Rahid, Iam talking about Ilaiyaraja's adamancy in working with People like balachander, manirathnam, bharathiraja, rajinikant etc. If he can shed away this, we will get back his music treasure.

MADDY
10th May 2006, 07:52 AM
Rahid, Iam talking about Ilaiyaraja's adamancy in working with People like balachander, manirathnam, bharathiraja, rajinikant etc. If he can shed away this, we will get back his music treasure.

ada paavigala......neengalam thirundhave maatingala :lol: ....

no offence dude, i made that statement cos ARR's era is comin to an end, and u r talking abt IR's comeback.....dude, though IR is genius of genius he cant make half the number of songs hit that his son is making now,......times have changed drastically.....

well said MIL, i guess shivaji can break all this......i think this album should be the Best Ever Musical Album for Rajinikanth

Hulkster
10th May 2006, 08:02 AM
That should be some album as the best ever musical album for rajinikanth happens to be rajathi raja and thalapathy....although im sure of ARR churning out excellent numbers for shivaji and give us another modern melody...to beat albums like thalapathy you need to have something out of the extraordinary in the orchestration and instrumentation of the songs.....well let us all await another musical from ARR with great pleasure...:D

ansa400
10th May 2006, 10:16 AM

At the same time, he is not so good in dealing with people. and is very difficult person to move along. If he had used his brains, with his natural born talent, he would hv definitely conquered the world with his enchanting music.(unfortunately, he is foolish).

still, if IR joins hands with the likes of manirathnam, bharathiraja, rajinikant, we will be gifted with everlasting musicals.

U mean to say he doesn't use his brains while composing music??? Then he uses his kidney or what?

I dont understand one thing. Till ARR's entry he had gud character and had no problems with any directors and maintained gud relationship with them. After ARR became popular he completely transformed himself is it? U ppl say its only because of IR's character that the directors went for ARR. :?

As a fan of IR u should be happy that he is still composing music at this age. U have to accept that his happy days are gone and have to be satisfied with some gud music he gives now & then rather than dreaming for a comeback.

MADDY
10th May 2006, 12:32 PM
I dont understand one thing. Till ARR's entry he had gud character and had no problems with any directors and maintained gud relationship with them. After ARR became popular he completely transformed himself is it? U ppl say its only because of IR's character that the directors went for ARR. :?

ansa that is true to a large extent......ppl. came to ARR bcos of IR's ill-treatment but they never left ARR bcos of his music/humility......BR,Shankar,KB all changed their MDs due to date/time issues and never bcos of ARR's arrogance/ bad music......got to say one thing, IR has a very witty tongue, he criticised his own son in his one-man show.......i really pity YSR from a son's point of view :lol:

Hulk, be ready for a surprise, Shivaji is gonna be better than the best :wink: ....and u very well know ARR can spring earth-shattering surprises :D .....

Nakeeran
10th May 2006, 02:02 PM
Maddy are you getting ready for a defense by admitting that ARR err is coming to an end ? ARR can still dominate for 3 to 5 years .age is on his side

MADDY
10th May 2006, 04:00 PM
yes nakeeran, i really thought ARR was gone in TFM but now i think with shivaji,JOK,Godfather,sakkarakatti he will stay......dunno for how long :D .....he needs a hit like RDBasanti in Tamil...

dinesh2002
10th May 2006, 04:21 PM
quality wise,originality wise, ARR WILL NEVER BE GONE!!! unless bad luck strikes him and make all his movie & songs go flop,then only yes....but i will never say ARR is goin to an end,infact ARR is getting better now only....

Nakeeran
10th May 2006, 05:00 PM
Guys think positive.ARR after all will be working with top producers & directors who will be cautious in thier plans. no way the movie will fail .IMO ARR's funda are strong to sustain for another 5 years unless the tfm fraternity create a cou like what they did to IR
besides ARR is still a craze in Bollywood

MADDY
10th May 2006, 05:19 PM
ARR is at his peak in terms of creativity.......just look at RDB, he has played with almost all conceivable genres of music.....but he needs a HUGE hit in Tamil which will really shut all his detractors mouth (include mine as well here :wink: )

MusicIsLife
10th May 2006, 06:54 PM
Just a simple theory, may be I am wrong:
people who grew up with IR music (peak times) must be in the mid 25's- mid 30's may be 40's, and ARR music in mid 20's. So some memories dont fade away just as quickly as we think, We do attach ourselves with music, time, place and what not, so IR going out completely or ARR going out completely is just a fallacy and will not happen atleast for the next 25-30 years. what do you think?

Scale
10th May 2006, 07:24 PM
25-30 yrs may be their songs not them as MD's still. My wish is that I could hear as many different songs from various MD's.

My Love is for music than a specific MD. Let the youngsters, fresh talents march....

Aravind_06
10th May 2006, 07:52 PM
Dont we like Pithamagan, Virumaandi, Azhagi, Bharathi, Julie Ganapathy, Kasi songs and BGM.

Why cant he give superhit songs for Rajini?

A.R.Rahman is also good, but I think Ilaiyaraja has an edge over him.

rajasaranam
10th May 2006, 09:16 PM
25-30 yrs may be their songs not them as MD's still. My wish is that I could hear as many different songs from various MD's.

My Love is for music than a specific MD. Let the youngsters, fresh talents march....

Good :) why dont we support YSR then he is much younger than anybody in the current lot :wink:

Scale
10th May 2006, 09:20 PM
Ask him to show variety Ist like what IR/ARR did in the early days

A Pudhiya Mugam, Duet, Uzhavan, Kizhakku Cheemayile(folk) or a different sound-trend Roja, TT & A National Award. He havent even composed a pure melody except "Munpaniya" & that too 100% IR'ish

Sure, I dont have problem if he is Maestro's son. But pulikku porandhadhu poonaiya irundha eppadi yetru kolla mudiyum. I am impressed with Bhava/IR on vocals in TIS than KR/YSR in composers list.

rajasaranam
10th May 2006, 09:28 PM
This is the trend now and he is going by it. so why worry. his songs are meant to be in airtime during the film release and its runtime. he is perfectly delivering for the industry standards. so why not you support him ?

m_23_bayarea
10th May 2006, 09:55 PM
ARR is at his peak in terms of creativity.......just look at RDB, he has played with almost all conceivable genres of music.....but he needs a HUGE hit in Tamil which will really shut all his detractors mouth (include mine as well here :wink: )

well said MIL, i guess shivaji can break all this......i think this album should be the Best Ever Musical Album for Rajinikanth

You made my day MADDY !!! Hope your words come true !!! :clap: :thumbsup:

thamizhvaanan
10th May 2006, 10:57 PM
This is the trend now and he is going by it. so why worry. his songs are meant to be in airtime during the film release and its runtime. he is perfectly delivering for the industry standards. so why not you support him ?

RS, ithae ARR panna podhu total IR supporters bashed him ( I mean the posts in the old TFM). I think that time he was deliverig for the industry. He had blazing hits like Arabic kadaloram, Oorvasi etc., but all those people bashed him saying that he is spoiling tamil film music ( It is not like he wasnt doing soulful stuff that time, but some ppl were blind to it). He wasnt doing it like wat YSR is doing now, he was doing music with more variety even then, constantly pushing the envelope. But still ppl were AT him.

I think ARR is still pushing the envelope by accepting projects like Bose, The Rising, LOTR etc., But offlate (maybe bcoz of flops in tamil and string of period films in hindi), he has become more conservative going for easier products like RDB, JOK. I dont say he is going relax with these films, but I mean these projects mean very little progress. It is my honest beleif that if he has to compete with YSR in terms of current form, he has to stoop :( :( :( .

njv
11th May 2006, 07:43 AM
IR & Deva will give that typical intro for Rajini,i guess they dont dare to take the risk to experiment on Rajini intro with changing any of the elements of an NORMAL RAJINI INTRO song....

Well i missed the fun here... First of all every ARR song is a risk to experiment song. Until it comes out even ARR doesnt know the outcome, so he is definitely taking risk there.

Talking about taking risk and intro song - brrrewhhh.. baba ... i cant even laugh. i am seriously following election news. much interesting than talking about risk and experimentation.

- Podhuvaaga emmanasu thangam, oru pottiyinnu vandhuvittaal singham.

MADDY
11th May 2006, 08:19 AM
disgression:

early leads....

njv, looks like color tvs will work for TN ppl. :cry:

end disgression

ansa400
11th May 2006, 09:04 AM
According to Kumudam magazine, rumours are that Hariharan has sung the intro song for Rajini.

njv
11th May 2006, 09:44 AM
disgression:

early leads....

njv, looks like color tvs will work for TN ppl. :cry:

end disgression

yes MADDY :oops: why dont you come to election forum (under misc). having fun over there.

njv
11th May 2006, 09:49 AM
According to Kumudam magazine, rumours are that Hariharan has sung the intro song for Rajini.
thirupathi ezhumalayandava, venkatramana, govinda govinda.

Hulkster
11th May 2006, 10:00 AM
NJV sir...enna kodumai ithu...hariharan singing rajini's intro...well i heard him once in a concert and he did well singing some high tempo songs..but i doubt his voice for rajini's intro...i trust ARR that he will not disappoint with his selection...:)

Scale
11th May 2006, 10:15 AM

I had this doubt right from the beginnning. HH was the first to say that he had sung a song in Shivaji (singapore channel ARR YG)& following blaaze rap. Cant conclude it as a intro song if to believe njv .

Didnt your ppl who saw that picz of Shivaji-SPB song & commented bad wasnt the intro song? :evil: nee vudura reelukku inga alave illaya. MR begged IR for iruvar ? why no replies dude. Wasnt it the other classical composer whom MR actually approached? Infact it was he & ARR to do that . Since he refused ARR composed fully. This was said by MR & was on air that time. But I dont remember his name. Can someone help!

Here is the link to njv's post.
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=387987&highlight=#387987

rajasaranam
11th May 2006, 12:23 PM
Every Rajini Fan wants to see his 'Thalai' to come with a Punchy Aswleas a peppy song in the intro scene. SPB's and MSVD's voices had that punch. Even mano or SM had that punch in their voices. But Does HH's voice have that ?
If ARR want to change the singer for the intro song karthick or even Tippu would be better choices than HH :?

ansa400
11th May 2006, 01:14 PM
I think HH has sung only once for rajini - Arunachalam (Nagumo). Am i right? Vidukathaiya from muthu was just just a background song, not exactly for Rajini.

MusicIsLife
11th May 2006, 11:35 PM
"Until it comes out even ARR doesnt know the outcome, so he is definitely taking risk there"

Is this not a case with any song and MD for any movie, i dont see anything spectacular here!! There is only a certain amount of confidence from the MD to have a mass appeal or a much broader reach. that confidence in an MD varies from one to another.

njv
12th May 2006, 01:04 AM

I had this doubt right from the beginnning. HH was the first to say that he had sung a song in Shivaji (singapore channel ARR YG)& following blaaze rap. Cant conclude it as a intro song if to believe njv .

Didnt your ppl who saw that picz of Shivaji-SPB song & commented bad wasnt the intro song? :evil: nee vudura reelukku inga alave illaya. MR begged IR for iruvar ? why no replies dude. Wasnt it the other classical composer whom MR actually approached? Infact it was he & ARR to do that . Since he refused ARR composed fully. This was said by MR & was on air that time. But I dont remember his name. Can someone help!

1. I dont know if you remember, I stoped replying to you 6 or 8 months back.

2. What I posted regarding SPB song in hyd was true. I was only hoping that it would be an opening song (in general who can open Rajni than SPB), but if the new news is HH, govinda voinda

3. MR begged for IR - Came in Vikatan during Iruvar time. I dont have to proove myself to ppl like you.

Good by scale - for the second time.

njv
12th May 2006, 01:06 AM
Every Rajini Fan wants to see his 'Thalai' to come with a Punchy Aswleas a peppy song in the intro scene. SPB's and MSVD's voices had that punch. Even mano or SM had that punch in their voices. But Does HH's voice have that ?
If ARR want to change the singer for the intro song karthick or even Tippu would be better choices than HH :?

SPB : :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Karthik :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Tippu : :thumbsup:
HJ: :thumbsdown: (common why cant we have emoticons for this)

njv
12th May 2006, 01:09 AM
"Until it comes out even ARR doesnt know the outcome, so he is definitely taking risk there"

Is this not a case with any song and MD for any movie, i dont see anything spectacular here!! There is only a certain amount of confidence from the MD to have a mass appeal or a much broader reach. that confidence in an MD varies from one to another.

When an MD score music he should know what feelings he wants to convey in the song. thats what i meant. Not the end result. End result is in "makkalin kaiyil" (we have see that in 2006 election also :))

njv
12th May 2006, 01:11 AM
<digression>
maddy, what happened 2 u. i didnt c u in election forum. we really had fun comparing all the numbers coming out from different tvs..
</digression>

rajasaranam
12th May 2006, 12:09 PM
3. MR begged for IR - Came in Vikatan during Iruvar time. I dont have to proove myself to ppl like you.

Yeah sure and there was an interview by Karthickraja in Sun TV during those times where they asked about this to him and he replied "Aman avar neraya thadavai en moolamathaan muyarchi pannar Appa iruvar padathukku work pannanumnu aana Appa thaan Othukkave Illai"
And a recent interview in JayaTV from Suhasini also confirms that they are still trying for a rejoiner. her words exactly were " naan oru pakkam bava oru pakkam try panrom rendu peraiyum sethu vaikka kandippa vetri adaivom Maniyum Rajavaum sernthu work pannuvaanga" She never said whose side was unwilling to join... but we all know its RAJA who is refusing :evil:

Sanjeevi
12th May 2006, 02:55 PM
The same scenes has happened for Bharathiraja too. IR should change himself and forgive them if he think they are mistook persons.

selvakumar
12th May 2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah sure and there was an interview by Karthickraja in Sun TV during those times where they asked about this to him and he replied "Aman avar neraya thadavai en moolamathaan muyarchi pannar Appa iruvar padathukku work pannanumnu aana Appa thaan Othukkave Illai"
And a recent interview in JayaTV from Suhasini also confirms that they are still trying for a rejoiner. her words exactly were " naan oru pakkam bava oru pakkam try panrom rendu peraiyum sethu vaikka kandippa vetri adaivom Maniyum Rajavaum sernthu work pannuvaanga" She never said whose side was unwilling to join... but we all know its RAJA who is refusing :evil:

:shock: Thanks for the information RajaSarnam. Could you elaborate more on this? The circumstances that led to this decision by IR. :? I loved IR - MR Combination as much as MR-ARR Combo.

But I would really LOVE IR - MR COMBINATION FOR THE FORTHCOMING TAMIL MOVIES.. (If not Hindi) Seems it won't happen :(

Nakeeran
12th May 2006, 04:59 PM

This shows how down to earth MR is and how HEAD STRONG AND ABSTINATE is IR
Wonder why the so called myth that he is a Ramanarishi worshipper, doing yoga, moved to bakthi etc ? why all these camaflouge ?
He is 60+ now and @ this phase, one should be more matured
IF IF IS REALLY A NYANI, HE SHOULD FORGET AND FORGIVE THE PAST
Piravi gunam maruma ?

MADDY
12th May 2006, 05:26 PM
:roll: :roll: .........i dunt know how far it is true, but there is absolutely no need for MR to beg anyone.....

Nakeeran, u better escape from here b4 ppl. pounce on u :lol:

Nakeeran
12th May 2006, 05:43 PM
:roll: :roll: .........i dunt know how far it is true, but there is absolutely no need for MR to beg anyone.....

Nakeeran, u better escape from here b4 ppl. pounce on u :lol:

Precisely, there is no need for MR to follow fall at someone . there is enough talent available now.
In life everyone has to go through one full circle . IR is no exception to this.

What is disgusting to note here is , IR fans proudly mention that IR is still adamant ?

For me , I admire both IR and ARR but it doesnt mean that one should blindly follow his Idol :oops:

svaisn
12th May 2006, 06:48 PM

antha jaya TV interview

uunga veetule mattum than teleacast aachaa????

buggle
12th May 2006, 07:16 PM
RS, could you brief more on the IR interview on Jaya TV...when it was telecast and what was the show name and who interviewed Suhasini...

Also others can shut their mouth with your answers

thumburu
12th May 2006, 08:08 PM
Nakeeran, the dynamics of kodambakkam are too complex for u and me , as outsiders to even comprehend. So let us leave filmi folk's personal equations aside and judge them only based on their output and nothing else.
svasin,for your info Suhasini remarked whatever RS mentioned during the "IR show" telecast.

Nakeeran
12th May 2006, 08:15 PM
Nakeeran, the dynamics of kodambakkam are too complex for u and me , as outsiders to even comprehend. So let us leave filmi folk's personal equations aside and judge them only based on their output and nothing else.
svasin,for your info Suhasini remarked whatever RS mentioned during the "IR show" telecast.

Thumburu, I have been following the divine music of IR and its a big loss to music lovers if MR-IR , KB-IR, BR-IR doesnt materialise as these are the type of guys who get the best out of IR.
when the other side is willing to shed his ego and looking forward to IR combo again, why not IR move one inch forward .
MARAPOM MANIPOM ENBADHU IRAIVUDAMAI.
Idhai oru Ramanamaharishi Bakthar IR ukku naam sollithara venduma ?

rajasaranam
12th May 2006, 10:08 PM
during Pongal 2006 there was a show titled 'Isaignyaniyudan' and it contained interviews from various personalities who worked with Raja. SPB and Suhasini were one among them. Suhasini elaborated on her experiences with IR and also how IR made her sing in a TeleSerial directed by her.... I think the serial was titled 'PEN' which was telecasted in DD. More she added on how much she liked the combo of MR-IR and she wants them to work again together. And she added the sentence i mentioned in the earlier post.
And this programme was not an exclusive to my home alone and it was telecasted to the whole of TN :P

Nakeeran,

I've been following news regarding IR from 1997 and for the other information regarding the 80's and early 90's I unearth from my own memories. I know i had been an ardent reader of many magazines and watching TV's and I say watever I know is true.
Regarding the MR-IR split i know the main culprit was GV. There was a programme in early 90's in which the then CM JJ was to participate. IR was also an invitee and when he was entering the hall his car was stopped and he was asked to walk down till the entrance as the CM was arriving any minute. He exclaimed 'Naan Yaarkaagavum Erangi nadanthu poga mudiyaathu' and asked his driver to drive till the entrance of the hall. During the function GV said ' sila perukku vetri kedaicha thaan entha thesathukko raajannu nenappu vanthuduthu' in order to please JJ. this hurt IR verymuch and moreover GV persuaded MR to go in for a new MD for his next venture in order to defame IR. they asked Mahesh[ 'Sottu neelam doi' and 'Nammavar' fame] to compose for Roja He rejected in lieu of his cancer condition. Then ARR was introduced to MR in another function and they coaxed him to compose for Roja... for which ARR was reluctant at first. Rest is history.
Moreover we all know how much JJ wanted to crush IR and his family during her tenure and supported ARR by making him to compose for SAF games and her own Adopted son's marriage reception. IR was literally made to a pauper by JJ's atrocious regime. Gangai Amaran's Paiyanoor bunglow was seized at low rated involving Rowdies and State police. IR's home was raided by IT dept. and he was made to suffer a Lot.
I think all these could have made IR to decide not to work with MR anymore.

My personal opinion is IR should forget the past and work with them again as he has made a truce with Jaya TV. And my gut feeling is IR is coming out his shell slowly and have become more free with the press and channels after Thiruvaasagam. He has accepted to work with BR is what i hear. slowly i think he will also accept working with MR. Lets hope for the best :thumbsup:

Nakeeran
12th May 2006, 10:21 PM
rajasaranam

thanks. Me too , well aware of this GV - IR incident but is it not just a spark ?
in what way MR is to be blamed ?
are we not the losers in the process ?
MR-IR would have been a dream combination

Wonder whether MR repents for this disassociation now as he is getting everything from ARR .
All the movies of MR-ARR were splendid hits

Sanjeevi
13th May 2006, 12:10 AM
IR's fans can take steps to happen again the evergreen combos (like IR & MR, IR & BR and IR & BC). I am telling this based on IR's respect and interest on his great fans :D.

I participated the recent two concerts successfully done by IR at Chennai. It was very happy to see IR conversation with his fans during the concerts. He much respect his fans. Definitely he will valuate fans' wishes.

This is my view only.

buggle
13th May 2006, 12:31 AM
Thx RS for the detais.
One point i like to add....IR did met JJ in person to donate for the Tsunami victims and probably after that only Jaya TV came in for the "Andrum Indrm Endrum" show...any comments?

svaisn
13th May 2006, 04:55 AM
svasin,for your info Suhasini remarked whatever RS mentioned during the "IR show" telecast.Dont tell that to me./... Pleaseeeeee

I have the Entire show recorded esp the suhashini's speech....

I have nothing against IR... infact i am a great fan of him

but never say that MR went begging

I will also be moreeee happy if IR and MR do a film.......

thamizhvaanan
13th May 2006, 08:40 AM
this hurt IR verymuch and moreover GV persuaded MR to go in for a new MD for his next venture in order to defame IR. they asked Mahesh[ 'Sottu neelam doi' and 'Nammavar' fame] to compose for Roja He rejected in lieu of his cancer condition. Then ARR was introduced to MR in another function and they coaxed him to compose for Roja... for which ARR was reluctant at first. Rest is history.

This was said by SPB too in one ARR concert in an interview b4 the show. The show was "unity of light" and SPB was talking abt MD mahesh. He said, mahesh was one among the two names considered for composing Roja. That time i cudnt beleive it and i was also dissappointed that its not ARRs talents that made MR look beyond IR, but rather there was an initiative :( . but now thinking abt it, it doesnt matter!
I also hope IR and MR wud work again. But thinking abt it, ARR-MR is too precious a combination to be lost even on IR-MR. One director I would absolutely wish IR to work with is Bharathiraja. All of his films with IR had out of the world music. I guess there was a special rapport between them or IR like BR's style of film making very much that it inspired him to compose awesome numbers. Tamil film industry needs BR back bcoz village oriented films have vanished out of the scene. No one to backup BR more than IR and his music. I seriously wish this combination works again :thumbsup:

MADDY
13th May 2006, 01:25 PM
very gud write-up RS.......but few things are not clear...

1. what MR has to do with this??? i dunt think MR let GV interfere in his creative life.....and that too for a K.Balachander produced movie.....it seems far-fetched......
2. Amma tried to ruin IR's life just for a car parking issue :shock: ??? she let MR go even when his spat with jaya was blown up to a nation-wide issue
3. Why GV was so intent on ruining IR???
4. why did other biggies rite from Bharathiraja to Subash ghai line up to ARR??? dont tell me they were all involved in this....

its hard to believe now cos jayatv promotes so much of YSR,IR,KR and tries to put down ARR whereas dinakaran appreciates ARR and shred IR into pieces with symphony issue....

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 01:49 PM
Ayyo, IR's days are over long long ago. There is no juice at all in his music now a days.
Something is wrong with IR fans if they expect some miracle out of him. the only exception was TIS .
IR should follow the ARR route. just concentrate on a movie and get the best tunes.
IR is no longer the 80s IR to create records.
Just be happy with his old gems . keep on listening to them.

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 02:11 PM
Ayyo, IR's days are over long long ago. There is no juice at all in his music now a days.
Something is wrong with IR fans if they expect some miracle out of him. the only exception was TIS .
IR should follow the ARR route. just concentrate on a movie and get the best tunes.
IR is no longer the 80s IR to create records.

Well said, Nakeeran.. ! His new songs are jus crap..Nothing new, eighter nothing great..

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 02:16 PM
Another fascinating aspect , I wonder whether IR fans will find it hard to digest ,
ARR was / is more successful in Bollywood when compared to IR . WHY ?
Some of IR compositions have gone Bollywood mostly as dubbed or remake movies but I wonder IR could have done it well in Hindi ?

ARR's success in Hindi movies is HISTORY.
Probably the first Tamil music director whose name is immensely popular in North !

Sanjeevi
13th May 2006, 02:21 PM
Another fascinating aspect , I wonder whether ARR fans will find it hard to digest ,
IR was / is more successful in Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam when compared to ARR . WHY ?
Some of ARR compositions have gone Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam mostly as dubbed or remake movies but I wonder ARR could have done it well in Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam ?

IR's success in Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam movies is HISTORY.
Probably the first Tamil music director whose name is immensely popular in entire South India!

Sanjeevi
13th May 2006, 02:24 PM
Ayyo, ARR's days are over long ago. There is no juice at all in his music now a days.
Something is wrong with ARR fans if they expect some miracle out of him. the only exception was RDB???.
ARR should follow the IR route. just concentrate on a movie and get the best tunes.
ARR is no longer the 90s ARR to create records.

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 02:26 PM
Look , the tastes of SI audience are virtually same but Bollywood fans have a different liking which ARR fitted well with consumnate ease. in fact , he changed the hindi music to a new direction. Anumalik, nadim shravan, milind anand etc all look like novice before him.
he is the most celebrated MD in north

ARR could have composed movies in SI languages with his customary ease. he didnt bcas of other commitments. you all know his speed of compositions

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 02:27 PM
Ayyo, ARR's days are over long ago. There is no juice at all in his music now a days.
Something is wrong with ARR fans if they expect some miracle out of him. the only exception was RDB???.
ARR should follow the IR route. just concentrate on a movie and get the best tunes.
ARR is no longer the [b]90s[b] ARR to create records.

RDB kekalaya ?

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 02:32 PM
Another fascinating aspect , I wonder whether IR fans will find it hard to digest ,
ARR was / is more successful in Bollywood when compared to IR . WHY ?
Some of IR compositions have gone Bollywood mostly as dubbed or remake movies but I wonder IR could have done it well in Hindi ?

ARR's success in Hindi movies is HISTORY.
Probably the first Tamil music director whose name is immensely popular in North !

IR's not succesfull in Hindi, cus he doesn't have that wide musical aspect that rahman has. ARR's music appeals to all people of the world. IR's music doesn't. EX: IR can't reach youths in Europe! He can't make a dance track for discos like: Fanaa, Maramkothye, Ilamai, jus 2 mention a few. Even if IR was able to do symphony, he wasn't able to get international recognition!

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 02:34 PM

HAHAHA.. Did you heard about "Saathya" "Boys" "Bombay Dreams" "RDB" ? They all created records..
Those 4 albums sold more than IR last 50 albums in whole India.. U're are up against a wall.. :lol:

Sanjeevi
13th May 2006, 02:37 PM

HAHAHA.. Did you heard about "Saathya" "Boys" "Bombay Dreams" "RDB" ? They all created records..
Those 3 albums sold more than IR last 50 albums in whole India.. U're are up against a wall.. :lol:

Will you agree with my list of 2000 IR's ????

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 02:40 PM

Those 3 albums sold more than IR last 50 albums in whole India.. U're are up against a wall.. :lol:

Will you agree with my list of 2000 IR's ????

Well, then it has to be from IR start till today.. 2000 out of his 5000 movies.. ? Even if i took ARR's hits from start till end, it won't be bigger as IR is old & ARR is youth when compared 2 IR..

Sanjeevi
13th May 2006, 02:44 PM
Hey nakeeeeeraaaa.

The same reason that why ARR won't able to shine SI languages except tamil can be applied to IR too.

Hi rashid2raj

Why did you mention Saathya instead of Alai payuthey. This clearly shows your hindi dominated thoughts. If anyone will get hindi recognizition, he is your hero??? ARR got international recognization and IR did not get the same :roll:, keep your dreams, instead of this we can say ARR is famous amoung NRIs. :wink:

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 02:48 PM
Ippo enna ARR SI movies panlanaa avar dhandama ? chinnapulla thanama irukku ?
gundu chatiyil kuthirai otamal irukanum.

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 02:49 PM
Hey nakeeeeeraaaa.

The same reason that why ARR won't able to shine SI languages except tamil can be applied to IR too.

Hi rashid2raj

Why did you mention Saathya instead of Alai payuthey. This clearly shows your hindi dominated thoughts. If anyone will get hindi recognizition, he is your hero??? ARR got international recognization and IR did not get the same :roll:, keep your dreams, instead of this we can say ARR is famous amoung NRIs. :wink:

Hi Sanjeeevi Anna..

I mentioned Saathya cus of being a BIGGER hit than Alaypayuthey which also was a BIG hit.. But i remember day after Saathya cd's got released that it sold damn crasy.. !! Actually i don't wanna pis you IR fans off. But his new songs are too bad..

Some of his old songs are still rockin' and will always do..

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 02:52 PM
UP AGAINST WALL. DEAD END.

I dont want to put forth my views to IR worshippers here.

ITS A WELL KNOWN FACT TO THEIR HEART OF HEARTS THAT IR'S MUSICAL DAYS ARE OVER LONG BACK

ZINDAGI KE SAFAR MAY GUZAR JATHI YE JO MAKAM. PHIR NAHI AATHEY

BYE

Sanjeevi
13th May 2006, 02:53 PM
Ippo enna ARR SI movies panlanaa avar dhandama ? chinnapulla thanama irukku ?
gundu chatiyil kuthirai otamal irukanum.

hindi movies panlanaa iver dhandamnu neethan ninaikura :wink:

But his new songs are too bad..

His old songs are still rockin' and will always do..

IR fansum itha solluranga :( .

But you will agree when coming to BGM. IR still rulz in that area.

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 02:56 PM
Sanjeevi

oh ippa topic enna BGM aa ??

alai payuthey, roja, pudhiya mugam, minsara kanavu, kandu konden , Indian

idhellam pakalayaa ?

Padayappa when he meets ramya again, the entire 5 minute stretch had BGM ONLY !

Indrum endrum Rajini fans idhai maraka maatargal

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 03:04 PM
Indrum endrum Rajini fans idhai maraka maatargal

True, that's why he's doing SIVAJI now! ..

MADDY
13th May 2006, 03:36 PM
hey guys, we have already wasted tonnes of webspace arguing abt it......so lets stop this IR vs ARR........please......

we all know how much ARR and IR are worth.....nobody will win this arguement....trust me.......this has bcome more of Kashmir/Northern ireland/Iraq issue for this hub i guess :lol:

leave it guys.....just chill and look forward to SHivaji......it sure gonna rock... :wink:

Djpak
13th May 2006, 04:22 PM
Another fascinating aspect , I wonder whether ARR fans will find it hard to digest ,
IR was / is more successful in Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam when compared to ARR . WHY ?
Some of ARR compositions have gone Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam mostly as dubbed or remake movies but I wonder ARR could have done it well in Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam ?

IR's success in Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam movies is HISTORY.
Probably the first Tamil music director whose name is immensely popular in entire South India!

:rotfl:
Telugu/Kannada/Malayalam isen't as Bollywood

Scale
13th May 2006, 07:19 PM
[tscii:86529f0a7c]

1. I dont know if you remember, I stoped replying to you 6 or 8 months back.
2. What I posted regarding SPB song in hyd was true. I was only hoping that it would be an opening song (in general who can open Rajni than SPB), but if the new news is HH, govinda voinda
Good by scale - for the second time.

Baba countdown starts now :lol:

3.Have you seen a beggar? I"ll give you a classic example. KH begged Sridevi for Vikram. This was published in Filmfare magazine. Unmai illaiya, KH ponnu kooda interviewla sonnale…. replacement dimple kabadiapa :lol:

2.govinda govinda… Whats amusing is whoever enjoyed these stuffs forms a satanic avatar here inorder to provide fun & entertainment to their bashers-support. But proven guilty these wise-hubbers couldn't digest it.

1.Why did you reply to this then? Stop behaving like a kid. Next time onwards before taking such drastic decisions consult a third party (good practitioner). He would certainly help whats wrong with your posts,news like RDB has shades of TIS, kalbali tracks resembles yeh yeh shabba sirpi song etc... Linku venuma. Later RBD found a place in yr top list is another different story.

Its pathetic people tends to forget those memorable songs "ennai thaalatta varuvale" , "aval varuvala" from the Maestro himself which were sung to young, upcoming actors no where suits their voices. govinda govinda yellam overa theriyala.. Listen to kannai katti kolladhe, uyire, cindrella, tumjo teri nigavon, colonial cousins and above two songs. HH is a class singer cut above the rest next to SPB. [/tscii:86529f0a7c]

Scale
13th May 2006, 07:28 PM

idhu innum pudusu pa pudusu.. RS, the specialist :thumbsup:. Why didnt you post it earlier.

Karthik, naanum paarthen. ungala maathiri neutrala rendu peru irukkarathaala thaan IR vukke innum mathippu irukku. illana poiyile pirandhu poiyile valarndha pulavar perumaangal enna enna kadha kattuvanga..

Look These ppl applied the logic when SPB announced that MSV has done more than +1800 feature films which is unknown world record in the very same show :shock:

MADDY
13th May 2006, 10:25 PM
i guess the floodgates have opened as far as scale is concerned :lol: ....

did kamal really beg for sridevi for vikram??? :wink: .....

hey dude, actually just chill off man, nobody is gonna accept Kamal's faults or IR's faults here.....even if IR kills a person, ppl. are gonna support that.......that's the level of bias in this forum.......just hang out & enjoy with us(ARR-fans) here :D ......

svaisn
13th May 2006, 11:29 PM
i guess the floodgates have opened as far as scale is concerned :lol: ....

did kamal really beg for sridevi for vikram??? :wink: .....

hey dude, actually just chill off man, nobody is gonna accept Kamal's faults or IR's faults here.....even if IR kills a person, ppl. are gonna support that.......that's the level of bias in this forum.......just hang out & enjoy with us(ARR-fans) here :D ......

Maddy

Kamal sridevi ketta enna ketkalana namakku enna??

we enjoyed imple Kapadia rite ;-)

Free vidunga...............

rajasaranam
14th May 2006, 02:15 AM
Scale is a person who doesn't know about music and IR or even ARR. He once said that that IR doesnt know to play any musical instrument and ARR can play a keyboard which can produce the sound of any musical instrument :lol: and when i gave links about IR getting a gold medal and honors at Trinity college of music in Classical guitar he kept his mouth and ...... shut :rotfl:
Now he is telling my news is 'Pudhusu kanna pudhusu' well when given proper links and proven right he will start worrying and keep his mouth and ...... shut :notworthy:
Its high time we IR fans stop responding to the likes of scale.njv and thumburu has already done that it seems :) Atleast Maddy is more matured being younger than Scale :huh:

buggle
14th May 2006, 05:32 AM
RS, how u say Maddy is mature?
He keeps saying that ARR fans never speak about IR, but in each and every post he tells something or other..also as a kosuru he is adding KH to that list...
is he really mature?

MADDY
14th May 2006, 09:03 AM
well well, stop analysing me and start analysing the topic guys..... :D .....

buggle, u dunno wat it is to be a ARR fan here....yes we speak abt IR when we are made to.....otherwise we dunt speak abt him as we have ARR-puranam to speak for our whole lives.....

svaisn, u r rite- dimple was a treat in that movie.....i promised selva that i wont comment on kamal again but it was too tempting u know :wink:

Scale
14th May 2006, 10:41 AM
Scale is a person who doesn't know about music and IR or even ARR.
:huh:

He once said that that IR doesnt know to play any musical instrument
meendum poi. You said that he can play several instruments with ease. Playing at home for leisure is not ease. I know he can play guitar very well from the pic available in all Raja sites. I asked him to provide articles, live videos or album credit list where he has played guitar,flute, mirudhangam,tabla etc & other instruments. Still....:roll:

Now he is telling my news is 'Pudhusu kanna pudhusu' well when given proper links and proven right
You havent. The fact is MR never realized/approached IR/any other MD after Roja for his movies.

Atleast Maddy is more matured being younger than Scale :huh:
Exactly!. :thumbsup: Absolutely no problems. As far as TFM/IFM is concerned he has got wider spectrum. I observed it well b4 FH registeration & openly accepted it in the early days "ARR A Forgotten Hero". What I am forced to do now & convey him is "ARR truly the redefiner of TFM/IM/fans at his predecessor/fans irrational end."

Live for IR, Die for IR - policy oligha. :hammer: :wave:

Scale
14th May 2006, 10:54 AM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1030&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1875

buggle,

With great interest I do read every post, technical analysis of Songs irrespective of MD's. To make someone shut their mouth you need actuals not imaginations.

Dont talk about maturity here? Being a HCfan doesnt mean you need to shut everything and admit.

Maddy, karthik lets forget that kamal & dimple matteru. Thanks.

Hulkster
14th May 2006, 10:54 AM
Scale is a person who doesn't know about music and IR or even ARR.
:huh:

He once said that that IR doesnt know to play any musical instrument
meendum poi. You said that he can play several instruments with ease. Playing at home for leisure is not ease. I know he can play guitar very well from the pic available in all Raja sites. I asked him to provide articles, live videos or album credit list where he has played guitar,flute, mirudhangam,tabla etc & other instruments. Still....:roll:

Now he is telling my news is 'Pudhusu kanna pudhusu' well when given proper links and proven right
You havent. The fact is MR never realized/approached IR/any other MD after Roja for his movies.

Atleast Maddy is more matured being younger than Scale :huh:
Exactly!. :thumbsup: Absolutely no problems. As far as TFM/IFM is concerned he has got wider spectrum. I observed it well b4 FH registeration & openly accepted it in the early days "ARR A Forgotten Hero". What I am forced to do now & convey him is "ARR truly the redefiner of TFM/IM/fans at his predecessor/fans irrational end."

Scale raasa...every Musician whether ARR or IR or John williams must know the nuances of music making and also how to play instruments to make music. If IR did not know how to play instruments like guitar table mridhangam, he would not have been able to implement them in his songs without complicating the tunes and making them sound so pleasing to the ears...it is not a matter of evidence or proof...this are things the listener can find out by listening to songs of ARR or IR whether they know how to play instruments and looking at the way IR has instrumentated his songs one can sure know he does know how to play this instruments.

PS: Scale JEOK audio album yeppo varum nu theriyuma ungalakku?

Scale
14th May 2006, 11:09 AM
Have you watched/heard a jugalbundhi between a flutist (naveen) & ARR (piano) playing exactly the same chords. Do you mean to say Naveen knows to play piano EASE. For ex: How about Sivamani performing a concert with Guitarist Prasanna, kunnakudi vaidyanadhan, Sitar, ghadam, veenai, flutist, others, etc... Does it mean everybody knows to play the other instruments "EASE".

nuances of music theriyalana composerave irukka mudiyadhu. appa YSR/HJ kku ella instrumentsum ease vasikka theriyumnu solreengha. Cant you feel in what they really lacks/struggling ? Thats how IR/ARR stand as a successor.

vutruppa.. pls

>>PS: Scale JEOK audio album yeppo varum nu theriyuma ungalakku?<< theirjavudane solli anuppuren.

Hulkster
14th May 2006, 11:11 AM
I meant in the context of composers...antha mathirina approm vera vishayamaayidum...naan thaan yega patta request anuppitaenae vidunga vidunga nu...yaaru nammai peichai keikura...kalavaram undakkamal irunthaal seri...:D

Seri seri solli anuppidunga...:)

MADDY
14th May 2006, 03:38 PM

thnx scale but u r very gud in bringing up links and making ppl. eat their words :D ....keep it up scale we need ARR fans like u here and i'm really proud that it was my thread that bought u here.... :thumbsup:

i too oppose it very strongly.........there has been too much of IR-fanatism here and everybody thinks, only they are rite......if there is a comment abt IR and some other actors, it is not taken lightly here........

Scale
14th May 2006, 07:59 PM
http://www.nilacharal.com/enter/celeb/ilayaraja.html

(Carnatic Music and western music, Gold medalist in classical guitar (Higher Local) examination conducted by the Trinity College of Music, London)

IR got his degree with Gold medal and honors when he was a student to Dhanraj master in late 60's itself much before Annakili's release

MADDY,

60's laye londonla conduct panna HL Examla Gold medala. yebba.... therama saalidappa. idhu mattum unmaiya irundha yennanamo TFMla nadathurukum.

http://www.goodnewsindia.com/Pages/content/institutions/musee.html

Many notable names in Indian music have learnt their craft and appeared for examinations at Musee Musical, among them Ilayaraja, L.Shankar, L.Subramanyan and A.R.Rahman.

maddy remember>>> the same "psycho" :lol: will be back with more interesting stuffs.

Dragun
15th May 2006, 10:27 AM
I am a diehard ARR fan, but I prefer IR-Rajini combo to ARR-Rajini. Never been all that impressed with ARR's songs for Rajini, except for a few, but that may be the nature of the films. They don't really lend themselves to ARR's kind of experimentation like a Shankar or Mani Ratnam film.

Sivaji has the potential to be awesome because of the Shankar-ARR combo. Too bad ARR didn't do Anniyan. HJ did a good job, but ARR would have knocked it out of the park.

ansa400
15th May 2006, 01:05 PM
Actually Rajini post ANnamalai and before Annamalai are 2 different phases. He reached the next level in his career with this film. The emphasis on intro song etc.. was more only after this film. IR has done only Uzhaippali for Rajini after Annamalai, which IMO is below the 3 films by ARR, also how the hell can we compare someone like IR who has composed some 'n' no. of films for Rajini over the years with ARR who has hardly 3 films to his credit?

Thunderbird
15th May 2006, 01:42 PM
IR + Rajini combo is the best :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 02:54 PM
http://www.nilacharal.com/enter/celeb/ilayaraja.html

(Carnatic Music and western music, Gold medalist in classical guitar (Higher Local) examination conducted by the Trinity College of Music, London)

IR got his degree with Gold medal and honors when he was a student to Dhanraj master in late 60's itself much before Annakili's release

MADDY,

60's laye londonla conduct panna HL Examla Gold medala. yebba.... therama saalidappa. idhu mattum unmaiya irundha yennanamo TFMla nadathurukum.

http://www.goodnewsindia.com/Pages/content/institutions/musee.html

Many notable names in Indian music have learnt their craft and appeared for examinations at Musee Musical, among them Ilayaraja, L.Shankar, L.Subramanyan and A.R.Rahman.

maddy remember>>> the same "psycho" :lol: will be back with more interesting stuffs.

Phurrrrrrrrrrrr :rotfl: Laughing from somewshere else :rotfl: Keep up the good work this shows you dont even know what is Trinity college of music and wat are their examination procedures and who conducts the Exam in chennai on behalf of Trinity college of music.
Google and search for more links and find out for yourself . :notworthy:
Iam Resigning from the job of teaching you :poke:
All the best for your future :thumbsup:

Nakeeran
15th May 2006, 03:10 PM
Rajasaranam and others.

IR is IR and ARR is ARR. they share mutual respect . why do you all fight on a dead issue now ? lets not exchange fireworks ridiculing each other's limitations or shortcomings

however, it was ARR who took over from IR ( which itself IMHO is a big achievement of sorts ) and changed the taste of music lovers.

both are legends in their own right . Teekhai ??

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 03:35 PM
however, it was ARR who took over from IR ( which itself IMHO is a big achievement of sorts ) and changed the taste of music lovers.

Taking over from IR is not a mere child's play. IR took over from MSV and made him retire in less than 4 to 5 years. Its almost 14 years after the advent of ARR...But IR is still here to Rule and there are many Film Directors and music lovers who wants IR 's music.
Read this review from Hindu for pithamgan
http://www.hinduonnet.com/fr/2003/10/31/stories/2003103101210200.htm

The king is at it again so keep away folks, says Ilaiyaraja's mesmerising rerecording feast. The captivating numbers vouch for the fact that the Raja reigns supreme.

You say about the change in taste of music lovers...Its not yet happened in full and IR's music is still captivating many or why else people who worked with both IR and ARR prefer to comeback to IR :huh: Because they know that the music that IR gives for films is not mere music but it elevates the movie to a different plane.

Only one thing can be accepted in the whole perspective... ARR was able to encapture the minds of northies which no one else could dream off and its a great achievement indeed. But down south he could never win over IR such is the aura that IR has created here. ARR is just a small 'keeral' in the repertoire of Raja. It will go away but Raja will be still here.
'Singanthin Kaalgal pazhuthu pattalum Seetram Kuraivathillai' :)

umaramesh
15th May 2006, 04:49 PM
Taking over from IR is not a mere child's play. IR took over from MSV and made him retire in less than 4 to 5 years. Its almost 14 years after the advent of ARR...But IR is still here to Rule and there are many Film Directors and music lovers who wants IR 's music.
Read this review from Hindu for pithamgan

Yes IR got couple of movies because ARR not concentrated much in Tamil that too he is scoring alongwith Harris jayaraj/Yuvan shankar/Bharadwaj etc. sorry he is not ruling those days are gone.

While MSV was force to retire after 4 years but IR case immediate. To be precise
After CHINNA CHINNA AASAI/URVASI URVASI/ANNAMALA ANNMALA.
RAJAVAI KANNAVILLAI

ramesh

Nakeeran
15th May 2006, 05:02 PM
Rajasaranam

WRONG. just go through IR's movies during 98,99 & 00.
I think his era ended in 98 itself.
SECOND, MSV type of music already was over the hill in 76 ( VIRTUALLY ). Still MSV could give Ninaithalay inikum ( FAG END OF HIS CAREER ), varumayin niram sipapu etc . whereas IR lost his touch long ago.
No more day dreams about IR magic pls.

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 05:03 PM
List of Tamil movies composed by IR from 1992 till 2005
Aavaarampoo
Aboorva sakthi 369
Agni paarvai
Bharathan
Chinna gounder
Chinna pasanga naanga
Chinna thaai
Chinnavar
Deiva vaakku
Devar magan
Endrum anbudan
Innisai mazhai
Ithu namma boomi
Kaaval geetham
Kali kaalam
Kuttrap paththirikkai
Maappillai vanthaachchu
Magudam
Mathurai veeran enga saamy
Meera
Naadodi Paatukaran
Naadodi thendral
Naangal
Onna irukka kaththukkanum
Paandiththurai
Paandiyan
Pangaali
Ponnukkeththa purushan
Puthiya swarangal
Raasukkutti
Rickshaw maamaa
Saamanthippoo
Sembaruththi
Senthamizh paattu
Singaara velan
Thaai mozhi
Thambi pondaatti
Thanga manasuk kaaran
Thirumathi palani saami
Unna nenachchen paattu padichchen
Unnai vazhththi paadukiren
Vaa vaa vasanthame
Vanna vanna pokkal
Villu paatukkaaran
Aathmaa
Aranmanaik kili
Chinna devan
Chinna jamin
Chinna kannammaa
Chinna maapplae
Dharma seelan
Ejamaan
Enga Muthalaali
Enga thambi
Ezhai jaathi
I Love India
Kaaththirukka neramillai
Kalaigan
Kattalai
Kilip pechchu ketka vaa
Koyil Kaalai
Maamiyaar veedu
Maharaasan
Manikkuyil
Marupadium
Paarvathi ennai paaradi
Periyammaa
Pon vilangu
Ponnumani
PoovE pon poovE
Porantha veedaa puguntha veedaa
Raakkaaayi koyil
Sakkaraith thevan
Thaalaattu
Thanga kili
Thuruva Natchaththiram
Udan pirappu
Ulle veliye
Uththama raasaa
Uzhaippaali
Valli
Walter vetrivel
Amaithi padai
Atharmam
Athiradi padai
Honest raj
Kanmani
Magalir mattum
Mahaanathi
Periya maruthu
Priyankaa
Puthu patti ponnuththaayi
Raaja kumaaran
Raasa magan
Saathu
Sakthi vel
Saththiyavaan
Seemaan
Senthamizh Selvan
Sethupathi IPS
Sevvanthi
Thendral varum theru
Thozhar paandiyan
Vanajaa girijaa
Veera
Veetila Visheshanga
Vietnam colony
Aanazhagan
Avathaaram
Chandraleka
Chinna vaaththiyaar
Ellaame en raasaa thaan
Ilaiya raagam
Kattumarakaaran
Kolangal
Maayaabazaar
Makkalaatchi
Mogamul
Muthu kaalai
Nanathavana theru
Oru oorila oru raajakumaari
Paattu paadavaa
Paattu Vaaththiyaar
Periya kudumbam
Raaja enga raaja
Raaja muththirai
Raajavin paarvayile
Raasaiyaa
Sathi leelaavathy
Thedi vantha raasaa
Ezhumalaiyaan mahimai
Irattai roja
Katta panchaayaththu
Naattuppura paattu
Poomani
Poovarasan
Siraichaalai
Vasantham
Devathai
Kaathal rojave
Kaathalukku mariyaathai
Kadavul
Naanum oru indian
Poonjolai
Punniyavathi
Raman abdullah
Thambi thurai
Thenmaangu paattukkaaran
Thenpaandi singam
Vaasuki
Annan
Desiya geetham
Dharma
Kaathal kavithai
Kangalin vaarththaikal
Kanmani oru kavithai
Kannaaththaal
Kavalaippadaathe sakotharaa
Kizhakkum Merkum
Kumbakonam govaalu
Manam virumbuthe unnai
Poonthottam
Senthooram
Thalaimurai
Veera thaalaattu
Anthapuram
Bharani
Chinna thurai
House full
Kaakkai siraginile
Kummi paattu
Mugam
Nilave mugam kaattu
Poonu veettukkaaran
Raajasthaan
Sethu
Thodarum
Time
Chinna raamasaamy periya raamasaamy
Friends
Heyram
Ilaiyavan
Kannaa unnai thedukiren
Kannukkul nilavu
Karisakkaattu poove
Karuvelam pookkal
Thirunelveli
Aandaan adimai
Bharathi
Kaathal saathi
Kaatrukkenna veli
Kutti
Azhagi
Devan
En mana vaanil
Ivan
Kaasi
Ramanaa
Solla marantha kathai
Dhanush
Julie ganapathy
Konji pesalaam
Manasellaam
Pithamagan
Pon megalai
Kamaraj
Karahaattakkaari
Virumaandi
Viswa Thulasi
Athu oru kanaak kaalam
Chithambaraththil oru appaasaami
Kasthurimaan
Mumbai Express
Oru naal oru kanavu
Twinkle twinkle little star

:shock: 200+ is Couple of movies according to UmaRameshji :lol:
And I havent include his Malayalam,Telugu and Kannada movies :huh:

Well wat can one expect from people who claim there are 1800+ movies composed by their favourite MD and when asked for a list they cant come up even with 300-400 movies :notworthy:

Nakeeran
15th May 2006, 05:10 PM
rajasaranam

your heart of hearts will vouch that most of the movies listed by you didnt have the IR magical touch .
You are not giving yearwise data ? why bcas 97-00 was a white wash
The success strike rate of IR went down phenomenally from 95 to 00 ..................................& further.
PLEASE PLEASE LET US NOT VENTURE INTO ARGUMENTS ON IR. HE IS ANOTHER LEGEND BUT HIS MUSICAL DAYS ARE VIRTUALLY OVER LONG BACK.

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 05:16 PM
Rajasaranam

SECOND, MSV type of music already was over the hill in 76 ( VIRTUALLY ). Still MSV could give Ninaithalay inikum ( FAG END OF HIS CAREER ), varumayin niram sipapu etc . whereas IR lost his touch long ago.

Yeah I've agreed to it in another thread that 98-2000 was the period where IR's career ebbed low :x But after 2000 there was a resurgence with Sethu, Kaasi, Azhagi, Ramana, SMK, Pithamagan, Virumaandi becoming hits and with his malayalam movie Manasinakkare bagging a Filmfare award. And moreover his creative force was evident in many other flopped movies like julie ganapathy, AOKK, ONOK, EMV, Konjipesalam, manasellam, Ponmegalai, vishwathulasi, kamaraaj etc.,
If you see the list you could witness some of the movies were made by Debutant Directors. Any Director would wish for the best in his debut movie and they preferred IR over anybody else. This shows how much aura is still in force made by IR :thumbsup:

Nakeeran
15th May 2006, 05:20 PM
If you see the list you could witness some of the movies were made by Debutant Directors. Any Director would wish for the best in his debut movie and they preferred IR over anybody else. This shows how much aura is still in force made by IR

Rajasaranam , IR is my idol but I respect ARR equally as well. Ok , another reason could be that ARR takes lot of time to compose . besides he must have been charging a bounty ?? which might have made new comers' life difficult ?

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 05:23 PM
rajasaranam

your heart of hearts will vouch that most of the movies listed by you didnt have the IR magical touch .
The success strike rate of IR went down phenomenally from 95 to 00 ..................................& further.
PLEASE PLEASE LET US NOT VENTURE INTO ARGUMENTS ON IR. HE IS ANOTHER LEGEND BUT HIS MUSICAL DAYS ARE VIRTUALLY OVER LONG BACK.

Wouldn't agree with this... Lo his best were in 70's and 80's but the magic is still there. And where is the need for me to compare IR with IR. may be he gave his best early in his career and rung low to the standards he set for himself. But when I do compare him with the current crop of MD"s I can only decide he is the Best over here and there is no second thought about it :)

Nakeeran
15th May 2006, 05:28 PM
rajasaranam

Wouldn't agree with this... Lo his best were in 70's and 80's but the magic is still there. And where is the need for me to compare IR with IR. may be he gave his best early in his career and rung low to the standards he set for himself. But when I do compare him with the current crop of MD"s I can only decide he is the Best over here and there is no second thought about it :)

Rajasaranam . Nice :clap: :thumbsup:
TIS gave a new lease of life for IR fans. the Oha oha of Poovar senni mannan - is typical IR ( INNOVATIVE IR )
but some of the other songs ( ofcourse raga based ) resembled another old IR compo only.

ANYWAY, I AM ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO IR MAGIC .

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 05:40 PM
Rajasaranam , IR is my idol but I respect ARR equally as well. Ok , another reason could be that ARR takes lot of time to compose . besides he must have been charging a bounty ?? which might have made new comers' life difficult ?

Hey IR is my Kadavul and I dont respect ARR on equal terms. ARR is a good MD thats it...for a change i can hear him but he will be always way below my Kadavul who has given me so much of music to relish and live and die for this Lifetime.

Why should somebody make a newcomer's life difficult :roll: . ARR is very keen on this-he prefers money and fame over music. He wants his music to be hit hence teams up only with big directors and big banners and charges a lot of money. while IR will work with anybody if the director interests him whether the music will become a hit or not...he doesnt care. His life and breath is music and wants to keep composing.
From his own words

Isai Enabthu ennavendru enakku theriyavillai athai therinthu kollave naan isaiamaipaalar aanen... athu kadavulai adaiyum oar vazhimurai. Isai en thozhil alla athu en Moochu. En udambinul odum ella isaiyayum michamillamal intha jenmathil veliyetrivida vendum endru ninaikiren Aanaal neengal ithuvarai kettathuellam mayirin kanukaal alavu mattumae

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 05:48 PM

The Magic will be created in your Next Superstar's "Naan Kadavul" :)

regarding TIS I agree with your comments that it resembeled some older compositions and isn't that what we want from him---to compose like he did in the 70's and 80's :)

There are two kinds of people over here who say when an IR Album is released 'There is nothing new in it' its the same old Raja and the other who says 'It gives dejavu effect' like listening to his older songs. :shock: ennathaan pannuvaar Raja. athan etha pathiyum kavalapadaaama Vimarsangala puram thalli avar Music pottuttae irukaar. Manasu openaa iruntha anga inga konjam konjam Magic feel pannalaam. :)

The success of Pithamagan, virumandi or TIS shows that he is very much well capable of producing the magic... only that the theme/plot of the movie or the directors storytelling method or the entire project like TIS, should inspire him.

After virumaandi he had no inspirational projects :( Hope Bala Does it in 'Naan Kadavul' :thumbsup:

MADDY
15th May 2006, 06:42 PM
Why should somebody make a newcomer's life difficult :roll: . ARR is very keen on this-he prefers money and fame over music. He wants his music to be hit hence teams up only with big directors and big banners and charges a lot of money. while IR will work with anybody if the director interests him whether the music will become a hit or not...he doesnt care. His life and breath is music and wants to keep composing.
From his own words

Isai Enabthu ennavendru enakku theriyavillai athai therinthu kollave naan isaiamaipaalar aanen... athu kadavulai adaiyum oar vazhimurai. Isai en thozhil alla athu en Moochu. En udambinul odum ella isaiyayum michamillamal intha jenmathil veliyetrivida vendum endru ninaikiren Aanaal neengal ithuvarai kettathuellam mayirin kanukaal alavu mattumae

RS dunt test our patience......should we go into TIS rights details???and his so-called,never-happened RPH symphony?? u like IR, then u keep him on head and dance, dont ever make statements that ARR is money minded and stuff....ARR is a better human being and has better qualities than Ilayaraja and whole world knows it

Scale
15th May 2006, 07:20 PM
RS,

No No.... pls Dont resign :lol: We definetly cant find a teacher like you. Did you educate me anything about IR's gold medal which he really got it in late 60's. :rotfl: What this student knew is there are several affiliates of Trinity college in India. Even there are few private institution who does this where 2 Maestro's are residing near by. naan ennamo NIIT la MSCP, Oracle certification, company, barber shopkku ISO Certification (londonlernthu thaan) vaangura periya complicatedana processonnu nenachitten.

Explain me what is this Higher Level Exam & Gold medal & who exactly conducted it for IR? :lol: Google's first link is what I gave earlier :poke:

Can I skip a low/any level and apply directly for a higher level. Just to save cost vera onnum illai. adhuvum chennailaye ipdi ethavadhu kedaicha vera yenna venum. :lol: :rotfl:

Maddy,

Forget about TIS rights, RPH Symphony? :wink:

Scale
15th May 2006, 07:53 PM
[quote]Isai Enabthu ennavendru enakku theriyavillai athai therinthu kollave naan isaiamaipaalar aanen... athu kadavulai adaiyum oar vazhimurai. Isai en thozhil alla athu en Moochu. En udambinul odum ella isaiyayum michamillamal intha jenmathil veliyetrivida vendum endru ninaikiren Aanaal neengal ithuvarai kettathuellam mayirin kanukaal alavu mattumae

1. avarukke theriylannu solraru paarungha. appa naan endha mulaikku
2. :thumbsup: :clap: :notworthy:

MusicIsLife
15th May 2006, 08:59 PM
Scale
ithayae ARR solli iruntha, humbleness athu ithunnu thooki vechu irupeenga, but IR sonnathale kevala paduthureenga, nalla irukku paa unga double standards.

ennayai porutha varaikkum ARR coming into movies was the biggest turning point, until that time IR was up against IR and it did diminish his creativity. A good competition is always the best to hold up to. Since the ARR's genre and dimensions in music was completely different, I can enjoy both styles of music IR's and ARR. So I am proud to have them from TFM.

Nakeeran
15th May 2006, 09:08 PM
Scale
ithayae ARR solli iruntha, humbleness athu ithunnu thooki vechu irupeenga, but IR sonnathale kevala paduthureenga, nalla irukku paa unga double standards.

ennayai porutha varaikkum ARR coming into movies was the biggest turning point, until that time IR was up against IR and it did diminish his creativity. A good competition is always the best to hold up to. Since the ARR's genre and dimensions in music was completely different, I can enjoy both styles of music IR's and ARR. So I am proud to have them from TFM.

Curious to know one thing. Did IR ever appreciate ARR's music ?? in any forum or interview ?

Dragun
15th May 2006, 09:30 PM
ARR and IR are two very different but great MDs. No need to denigrate one to uplift the other. Let's just forget this nonsense and be music fans.

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 09:51 PM
Curious to know one thing. Did IR ever appreciate ARR's music ?? in any forum or interview ?

NO Never Will he do it unless ARR comes out of loops and prerecorded softwares available in market and compose originally :wink:

app_engine
15th May 2006, 09:58 PM
http://74.52.34.130/kumudamcms/magazine/Kumudam/2006-05-17/pg4.php

Some info on Shivaji songs...though the article itself is not sure whether the news is reliable...

Sanjeevi
15th May 2006, 10:08 PM

NO Never Will he do it unless ARR comes out of loops and prerecorded softwares available in market and compose originally :wink:

RS, IR once told about ARR's music in Kumudam's interview with only two words, that is "Nanraga seikirar".

MusicIsLife
15th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Nakeeran,
My point is not to see who told what, but the quote from IR was misquoted out of context. the meaning behind it was something different to what was expressed as a opinion here in the discussion

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 10:16 PM
RS, IR once told about ARR's music in Kumudam's interview with only two words, that is "Nanraga seikirar".

Yeah but many times he Digs at ARR indirectly 8-)

Nakeeran
15th May 2006, 10:21 PM

Yeah but many times he Digs at ARR indirectly 8-)

RS, this precisely what I HATE from IR . WHY ??
At this age, he should have enough maturity to handle things more diplomatically. IMO, IR IS TOO POOR IN PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MEDIA MANAGEMENT. :oops:

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 10:36 PM
RS, this precisely what I HATE from IR . WHY ??
At this age, he should have enough maturity to handle things more diplomatically. IMO, IR IS TOO POOR IN PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MEDIA MANAGEMENT. :oops:

Vesham Podaliyae Avar :huh: He is open and Says that he doesn't like something when he doesnt like it. wats wrong in it. Iam happy with his attitude regarding this. We dont need any diplomacy in telling truth Right ?!!
Regarding his poor public relations and media maangement skills Read his book titled 'Sangeetha Kanavugal' written in 1980. He has explained it very clearly why he is averted towards keeping up with public relations and media.
Ok given his age factor I agree that he should keep down his anger and emotional outbursts athu avar odambukku nallathu illai :)
Hmmm... naangalum thaan karpanai panrom IR konjam erangi poirundha inga intha vivaathathukku ellam velayae irunthu irukaathunnu :wink:
Enna panrathu Iam accepting him as he is for what he has given me musically. he has made my life more enriched and colorful. There is not even a single mood of mine where i cant relate IR's music. His music is there always running through me whatever be the situation in my life. for this I can accept him however he is. :oops:

Sanjeevi
15th May 2006, 10:58 PM

Super Hits (Mass hits and did well in audio cassette sales)
------------
Thiruvasagam
Kathalukku Mariyathai (Released in 1997 but rocked TN over one year)
Sethu
Bharathi
Friends
Kannukkul Nilavu
Hey Ram
Azhagi
Pithamagan
Virumandi
Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
Devathai
Ramana
Julie Ganapathi (:thumbsup:)

and one more example, mallu movie Rasathanthiram (have you heard it is rocking kerala?)

Hits and Gems
-----------------
Manasellam
Solla Marantha Kathai
Athu Oru Kana Kalam
Veera Thalattu (Hit)
Senthooram
Poonthottam (Hit)
Manam Virumputhey Unnai
Kizhakkum Merkum
Kadhal Kavithai (Hit)
Deesiya Geetham
Kakkai Siraginiley (:thumbsup:)
Kummi Pattu
Mumbai Express
Kadhal Rojave

and few more - Kannathal, Kangalin varthaigal, Anthapuram,

Ponnai kaathai mudikitta mathavanga Oomai agivida mattargal.

IR lost his touch long ago.

You are again wrong. And we don't need dreams because IR is doing and will do majic.

HE IS ANOTHER LEGEND BUT HIS MUSICAL DAYS ARE VIRTUALLY OVER LONG BACK

For us , He is not yet another legend. He is the only original composer currely we (India) have. Take entire world, you can't able to find anywhere a music like Ilaiyaraja's. But in case of ARR :roll: :lol:. Dr. albun and western style of music will tell about ARR's :rotfl:.

I can pet, IR has large number of fans including teens in Tamilnadu than any other MD including ARR, MSV or x, y, z.

Rajasaranam , IR is my idol but I respect ARR equally as well

Anda puLugu. You are so biased on ARR. Acting as a neutral man is now a fashion amoung some semi intellects.

TIS gave a new lease of life for IR fans. the Oha oha of Poovar senni mannan - is typical IR ( INNOVATIVE IR )
but some of the other songs ( ofcourse raga based ) resembled another old IR compo only.

It seems your music sense. IR gives a music and you say like "it is not a new one". But it not IR's fault. And can you tell the old IR song which was used to recreate the song "Polla Vinaiyen" song

Never, you won't until your ear needs a hearing aid machine. :twisted:

rajasaranam
15th May 2006, 11:20 PM
Sanjeevi,
Nakeeran mela enna kovam :shock: He had been resonable in the discussions with me unlike other goshti gaanam gumbals :P
Moreover he has IR's image in his avatar how come you categorised him up in the opposite camp :roll:
AFA Iam concerned he is rasing almost similar questions wat i did when i was immature during the nineties and argued against IR in favor of ARR till some people straightened me and pulled me out from the debris i was in :oops:
I was rationale enough to argue even then and put through my points in a sensible manner unlike most of the ARR fans do here and IMHO Nakeeran is also doing the same... give him sometime till he understand IR and become like me-a faithful follower of IR :)

Sanjeevi
15th May 2006, 11:34 PM
Dear rajasaranam,

I too was a HC fan of ARR duing 1992-1995. Even i have cut the media news about ARR whatever it was article, Q&A, interviews, gossips, etc.

1998-kku mela IR waste-nu Nakkeeran sonnthukku than kovam.

The top 5 melodies given by IR at recent times

Ozhiyile therivathu devathaiya
Ilangathu Veesuthey
Ennakku piditha paadal
Kaatril varum geethame
Nee partha parvaikkoru

And i want to ask nakeeran. What about these songs?

MADDY
15th May 2006, 11:53 PM
Dear rajasaranam,

I too was a HC fan of ARR duing 1992-1995. Even i have cut the media news about ARR whatever it was article, Q&A, interviews, gossips, etc.

Ilangathu Veesuthey
Ennakku piditha paadal
Kaatril varum geethame
Nee partha parvaikkoru

Sanjeevi, u r the 900th IR fan who just says he was ARR fan turned IR fan...very old trick used by IR fans just to create a feel that ARR is getting worse....dude, have a chill-pill and come up with something better...........

RS, ARR has come out of loops and commercial softwares long ago but it is IR and u guys who havent come out of Rahman-hatredness.......

AFA Iam concerned he is rasing almost similar questions wat i did when i was immature during the nineties and argued against IR in favor of ARR till some people straightened me and pulled me out from the debris i was in

RS, dunt talk like kids.....nobody will believe that u supported ARR any time.....again, sanjeevi, now u got wat i meant.....

Enna panrathu Iam accepting him as he is for what he has given me musically. he has made my life more enriched and colorful

i respect it RS.....y the heck dont u respect that ARR has done that for us.......y do u want to force ur view here.....

if there is any neutral guy, just go thru the posts, u'll find RS and sanjeevi writing msgs degrading ARR and i'm just defending ARR here......not in a single post did i write wrong abt IR here.....that clearly shows who ARR is and who IR is.......RS, its high time u stop degrading Rahman

MusicIsLife
16th May 2006, 12:00 AM
ARR is getting better as years pass by.......

Maddy:
Just a simple suggestion:
Please dont do statements like this. everybody in any field has to get better, otherwise, they will not be in that field, it is like "Getting specialized", doctors-becoming MD's and doing more operations, or computer programmers becoming architects!! u know what I mean. Your post could be understood differently.

MADDY
16th May 2006, 12:09 AM
thx MIL for correcting my statement :D ......i know that was the most wrong statement in this whole thread :shock: .....all other posts were very nice/gud post showing respect for a world renowned musician like Rahman :cry: ......i have deleted that statement , pls check 8-) ....

MusicIsLife
16th May 2006, 01:18 AM
Maddy,
I would add that Rahman is much popular in terms of hollywood owing to the Bollywood influence (and recent movies like Bend-it-like beckham, Bride and Prejudice) rather than his musical strength alone (no-offence, that is my opinion). ARR's getting big head way to bollywood has earned him this respect. I can also add that he is in more rythm with Bollywood films than with TFM side of things!! The "Inside Man" has a nice version of ARR's song.
To be honest, the punjabi dance theme has captivated US audiences especially the Club going public, RDB seems to be a naturally in-sync with the crowd (including my friends), but with due respect Fanaa is taking more hearing time (atleast among my friends).

(Purely this is my opinion, anybody can disagree)

Scale
16th May 2006, 10:24 AM
Nakeeran,

YES. Only once. (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=497186&highlight=#497186) never heard, never telecasted in tamilnadu. No replies yet... :( :cry: If you follow my posts I provide proper links for everything, I dont blabber just like others.

Scale

Dear MIL, Ask anyone here. If ARR had said anything like this, I/Many will :hammer: him. We can easily spot the difference between arrogance & humbleness. Many liked ID for HDDCS & Devdas. What happened after that rediff interview (http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/mar/08minter1.htm)and look at the comments section from various fans. How humble is ARR who appreciated his devdas works and led a way to compose kisna. Subash ghai himself said that ARR suggested ID since he was busy in other, intl projects. Moreover his earlier project SG-ARR project was shelved where he already composed 2 songs. Rahman had no dates. Will SG let ARR quit inbetwn! Look the class he has shown in title song, themes & english song.

:thumbsup: :notworthy: With the same spirit I am enjoying every others songs (VS----JS(uyir)) which many yet to come out of this double standard. Their dedication towards his family growth is highly distressing.

umaramesh
16th May 2006, 11:27 AM
200+ is Couple of movies according to UmaRameshji
And I havent include his Malayalam,Telugu and Kannada movies

Well what can one expect from people who claim there are 1800+ movies composed by their favourite MD and when asked for a list they cant come up even with 300-400 movies

OH GOD . leave alone comparison/no of movies etc. Why you guys not accepting the fact? He lost his market in the initial years after ARR entry and not able to rule as he did before? Did world able to prove that Vairamuthu/Manirathnam /Bharathiraja/Rajini/kamal gave big hits without IR? 8-)

Yes you like IR and you have every right to say HE IS BEST but when yu start writing in common forum you shuold accept the fact..
(quite open whether you are accepting or not).

ramesh

Sanjeevi
16th May 2006, 11:51 AM
OH GOD . leave alone comparison/no of movies etc. Why you guys not accepting the fact? He lost his market in the initial years after ARR entry and not able to rule as he did before? Did world able to prove that Vairamuthu/Manirathnam /Bharathiraja/Rajini/kamal gave big hits without IR? 8-)
ramesh

Market pona orutharukku 300 padangal (after 1992) kodukka film producers ellam enna madaiyargala.

Again and again you are wrong

dinesh2002
16th May 2006, 12:12 PM
OMGoodness,could u guys stop it & just get back to the original topic.... this IRfans hatred towards ARR will never end !! its no use explaning to them the fact,its coz they know it but just dun wanna agree it..."tungereven koode yelupidhelam,aanal thungeremathiri nadikeevennu yeluppe kastham" we can only pitty them.....

back to topic.....

MADDY
16th May 2006, 12:26 PM

Yes you like IR and you have every right to say HE IS BEST but when yu start writing in common forum you shuold accept the fact..

ramesh

well said Umaji.....i'm happy that atleast MSV fans acknowledge ARR's contri to TFM in 90's....

well said Dinesh, u r more matured than us man :D .....keep it up...

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur0127006/comments

just go thru the comments by a Japanese author on music of Muthu.....truly, ARRahman's music has a global appeal :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
16th May 2006, 12:42 PM

ramesh

well said Umaji.....i'm happy that atleast MSV fans acknowledge ARR's contri to TFM in 90's....

well said Dinesh, u r more matured than us man :D .....keep it up...

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur0127006/comments

just go thru the comments by a Japanese author on music of Muthu.....truly, ARRahman's music has a global appeal :thumbsup:

Maddy,nakkal thaane??? :lol:

btw,my relative used to work in this Japanese firm,and itseems this Japanese bussinesman :!: seems to praise Muthu songs everytime he meets my relative...it seems Muthu songs were aired in JApanase FM's very often. :clap: and my relative happens to be HCIRF :lol: ....she told me that half-heartedly :lol:

rajasaranam
16th May 2006, 12:52 PM
Ok Back to the topic folks
IR leading the Poll... does that ring any bell in the ignorants ear :P

umaramesh
16th May 2006, 02:03 PM
Hi
coming back to topics IR scored more movies with Rajini during peak time and stick to him only (may be one or two movies with other MD)after IR Rajini use to change MD frequently(Deva/ARR/Vidyasagar). Very difficult analyse as IR scored more number of movies than other MD's.

ramesh

Nakeeran
16th May 2006, 04:21 PM
Dear rajasaranam,

Ilangathu Veesuthey
Ennakku piditha paadal
Kaatril varum geethame
Nee partha parvaikkoru

And i want to ask nakeeran. What about these songs?

Sorry guys for the late entry .

Sanjeevi, so you could list just 5 numbers :oops:

Indeed they are a mild reminiscent of the old IR

Dont expose IR like this :wink: Its a true & self confession ?

I compare IR with his peak period , the 80s and the % of hits in a movie . IR draws a huge blank after mid90s. very little to cheer about. Its an open fact .

Nakeeran
16th May 2006, 04:30 PM
Again, its hard but indigestable fact that IR music went into a decline from mid 90s ( NO RELEVANCE TO THE ARRIVAL OF ARR ) .
He must have got exhausted by that time. after all a continuous musical journey since 76 to 94.
Besides, IR needs quality directors to get the best out of him . If he associates with the likes of MR , Cheran, ( leaving aside his KOBAM ) , we may expect some old magic of his . but I am not sure still.
No need for guys like Sanjeevi to get offended as I havent wrote anything wrong on IR. All indigestable facts only.
Its a phase one has to go through in life.

Nakeeran
16th May 2006, 04:37 PM
Ok Back to the topic folks
IR leading the Poll... does that ring any bell in the ignorants ear :P

Rajasaranam, it goes without saying that IR will ultimately win but the topic got digressed to a shadow boxing between IR - ARR fans which is sad. So, it seems this has been chosen as another arena for continuing the old arch rivalry ? :cry:

My only point to share with is that during rajini's peak days, it was IR only ( HE WAS THE ONLY KING ) and obviously the choice goes to him but it in no way undermines the abilities of ARR as a composer. Given 3 chances, he did really well and all songs were hits. :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
16th May 2006, 05:28 PM
Sanjeevi, so you could list just 5 numbers :oops:
Indeed they are a mild reminiscent of the old IR
Dont expose IR like this :wink: Its a true & self confession ?

He clearly said TOP 5 melodies from IR and you mistook it for just 5

Again, its hard but indigestable fact that IR music went into a decline from mid 90s ( NO RELEVANCE TO THE ARRIVAL OF ARR ) .
He must have got exhausted by that time. after all a continuous musical journey since 76 to 94.

Decline after 94 :!: huh cant reason with you anymore :huh:
Check out the list i gave already for the movies from 1994 till now you can really find many super hit songs aswelas quality songs from him.

My only point to share with is that during rajini's peak days, it was IR only ( HE WAS THE ONLY KING ) and obviously the choice goes to him but it in no way undermines the abilities of ARR as a composer. Given 3 chances, he did really well and all songs were hits.

I wouldn't include BABA it was a miserable failure. Anantha vikatan ridiculed ARR like never before 'Londonla irunthuttu padathukku tune potta eppadi irukkum - ippadithaan irukkum' :lol:
Morevoer how are you able to overlook hit songs from IR after 1994 and without any hesitation say that BABA was a hit? hmmm... :notworthy:

Nakeeran
16th May 2006, 05:33 PM
Rajasaranam

Anandha vikatan's remarks cant be a benchmark for assessing Baba's music

By decline after 94, I mean the volumes of hits when compared to the 80s. Its an established fact RS. the strike rate was definitely lower during this period

MusicIsLife
16th May 2006, 05:45 PM
Dear Scale,
I wish to tell that the quote from IR you took upon is out of context and misquoted and made fun of, which could irritate some df-ers and fans, nothing more, there were other contexts when IR's ego overshadowed his musical genius. In my opinion a musical genius like IR or for any artist should have that kind of ego and pride as long as it is not reflected in the media. (we can argue again and again, Mike Tyson said he is the world best fighter, even though it is true, i thought that was a good motivation, Rasheed Wallace told we will kick bu$$ 2 days back. I like that pride as long as they respect something, Mike T boxing, Rasheed the game of basketball, now the media is having a heck of time). Nobody can diminish the other person by just saying things. We are the ones who are feeling hurt externally, reality might be different.

Media could project things either ways as we know it.

rajasaranam
16th May 2006, 05:46 PM
Rajasaranam

By decline after 94, I mean the volumes of hits when compared to the 80s. Its an established fact RS. the strike rate was definitely lower during this period

Sure AV can't be a benchmark but dont you know that BABA's music was a failure :?: if you dont you are good in acting or just ignorant :huh:

That was agreed earlier itself. But there is a subtle difference in the way you and me are portraying that period. I say there were reasonable no. of hits aswels quality songs post 94 but you portray as though that period was a waste in total and its very hard to digest and all.
you are trying to emphasise on the point that IR's period is well and over from mid 90's.
while we are trying to say 'Vaanavil vaithu vannangalai thooviyum' 'Elangathaai veesi' kondum irunkaar Raja Atha purinjikitta 'unnai vida intha ulagathil usanthathu onnum illa' nnu sandhoshama irukalaam :)

dinesh2002
16th May 2006, 05:47 PM
Rajasaranam,have u ever thought of getting a physiatrist's appointment??? ur taking things too seriously,when u can actually accept Anantha Vikathan's comment!!! all they will do is comment on anything as long thier cheap magazine gets sold....ASAIC,Baba audio was just suitable for its story & screenplay.this AV is just burning to know that ARR composes songs true online,no offence,but try giving that task to any MD at that point,they will come up with a worse album than Baba,and that includes ur IR too!!....infact,i never got a news that AV treats all MD's in same level,they will alwiz crown IR eventhough that album was a dud!!

Sorry Maddy,i take back my words,these guys need people like us to keep on reminding them about facts....!!!! :lol:

dinesh2002
16th May 2006, 05:48 PM
Since when BABA's audio was a flop???!!! just coz it wasnt as popular as Padaiyappa or Muthu doesnt mean its a flop,infact if im not mistaken, it was the HIGHEST selling album that year!!!

Nakeeran
16th May 2006, 05:53 PM
Rajasaranam

Sure AV can't be a benchmark but dont you know that BABA's music was a failure :?: if you dont you are good in acting or just ignorant :huh:

That was agreed earlier itself. But there is a subtle difference in the way you and me are portraying that period. I say there were reasonable no. of hits aswels quality songs post 94 but you portray as though that period was a waste in total and its very hard to digest and all.
you are trying to emphasise on the point that IR's period is well and over from mid 90's.
while we are trying to say 'Vaanavil vaithu vannangalai thooviyum' 'Elangathaai veesi' kondum irunkaar Raja Atha purinjikitta 'unnai vida intha ulagathil usanthathu onnum illa' nnu sandhoshama irukalaam :)

Rajasaranam

ETERNAL OPTIMISM is the only phrase that comes to my mind now about IR's music from now. Raja's decline from the mid90s is history and Raja himself knows this but why you guys keep on harping a dead subject !?
Once in a blue moon, IR may come out with classy numbers but even other MDs have done this .
Indha vishayathil, oru paanai sotrukku oru soru padhamaagadhu RS.

Nakeeran
16th May 2006, 06:27 PM
Rajasaranam

Rajasaranam,

As you got swayed by Vikatan's remarks, let me tell you something about Kumutham's comments when Apoorva ragangal was released. They made such a scathy comment on Rajini that he didnt forget that till date ! :oops:
Magazine comments are not a true representation of what music lovers have in their minds. :D

dinesh2002
16th May 2006, 07:47 PM
Rajasaranam

Rajasaranam,

As you got swayed by Vikatan's remarks, let me tell you something about Kumutham's comments when Apoorva ragangal was released. They made such a scathy comment on Rajini that he didnt forget that till date ! :oops:
Magazine comments are not a true representation of what music lovers have in their minds. :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rajasaranam
16th May 2006, 08:05 PM
Rajasaranam,

There was no such incident and its just your's or anybody else's wild imagination running free.
Think about this :arrow: Rajini was a nobody in 'Apoorva Ragangal' he just opens up a gate in one scene and stands alone listening to Srividya singing in the climax .What will a magazine comment about this :lol:
Well then if the magazines start commenting about every side actor who just flashes by in few frames :huh: they will need to publish a separate issue for writing movie criticism :notworthy:

Anf If magazine comments are not true representation of music lovers who else is a true representative :?: Only you, dinesh, scale and maddy :wink:
On whose comments you people are praising ARR?. There cant be a true representation anywhere any representation is a biased one. We would say the same for ARR that ALW, TLOS, Bollywood, Chinese, filmfare, National awards all cant be true representation.
You people always come up with filmfare or time magazine links to prove yourself right. and when a local Thamizh magazine says something you cant accept it because Magazine comments are not a true representation of what music lovers have in their minds Enna Double standards Keep it up :clap: :thumbsup:

Dinesh you are in Iggy mode :poke: