http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000797.html

njv
11th May 2006, 07:30 AM
Very good songs. Heavy IR influense.

Naalai Indha Kaalam - Definite IR song

I hope Karthik get some break soon.

MumbaiRamki
13th May 2006, 02:03 AM
KR does comes back with a reasonable bang.SOunds like a IR has gone into YSR's body and has again come thru KR's keyboard :)

That is how i would describe the songs .

1.AAradi dhooraththil - The reason i still like KR songs .Its the difference ,his original style though it resembles IR and YSR in parts .U can't compare any song with this .Quite unique.

2.Oru Maatram-trademark KR melody.The percussion accompanying is damn intresting.

3.Kattamoban-KR's version of "dei namma" from pattiyal.that would be apt.

4.NaaLai indha Kaalam -One more trademark KR melody .Pallavi alone sounds like IR.Rest all ISI KR.Piano Interlude in first piece is good.

5.Idhi Maayalogam-dhristi song.thats it.

On teh downside ,synth beats sometimes are not good.

slperson1
13th May 2006, 02:43 AM
I think it is UNFAIR to say KR has gone into YSR's body! Go listen to Ullasam or Naam Iruvar Namaku Iruvar at the fast paced numbers. You will see who learned from who.

MumbaiRamki
13th May 2006, 10:42 AM
i did'nt mean KR is following YSR .KR has his own unique stamp which i admire ..I just wanted to give a feel of the songs ..thats it .

inetk
13th May 2006, 05:53 PM
100 words on Naalai. At least for the sake of so many people who think he's really cut out for better success, KR should focus on his career and do something about it. It may sound as if I'm biased towards this guy, but I genuinely believe he's capable of fantastic work and really want him to succeed. When he does, we'd be the beneficiaries.

http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

MumbaiRamki
14th May 2006, 09:22 PM
On repeated hearings ,except for malgudi subha's songs ,all songs are superb .Arai adi from NaaLai and Pushidhai are sure to be chartbusters ...if the movie succeeds

Sanjeevi
14th May 2006, 11:09 PM
Happy to see Karthik Raja again with 2 filme (Naalai, Manathodu Mazhaikaalam). BTW Naalai is a bilingual film released in tamil and telugu on the same date.

Sanjeevi
17th May 2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/22475.html

Karthikraja back in full flow
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 17, 2006]

Maestro Ilayaraja's legacy in Tamil film music continues in the form of his sons Karthikraja and Yuvanshankarraja.

The former began with a bang in movie Ullasam. Unfortunately he lost his steam in between and a few bad outings did not help his cause.

In contrast, Yuvan had a good start and followed it up with successive hits teaming up with directors like Selvaraghavan and Vishnuvardhan.

But Karthikraja seems to have found his bearings now.

He has got Naalai and Manadodu Mazhaikalam lined up for release . Interestingly tunes have come good in both the albums and they are reporting good sales.

Karthikraja is thrilled with his new found fame.

He is all keen to continue the good run.

MusicIsLife
18th May 2006, 12:00 AM
Naalai was movie name that was supposed to be released long time back, it was produced by some south african team, but it never got the limelight, hope the new naalai has phased out all legal battles.

MusicIsLife
18th May 2006, 10:39 AM
I take back my word, i spoke to my friend who acted in movie titled Naalai, it was released only South Africa!
So the current one is OK.

Sanjeevi
18th May 2006, 09:44 PM
நாளை கேட்டேன் :lol: நாளை கேட்கிறேன் :D நாளை கேட்பேன் :thumbsup:

மீண்டும் மீண்டும் கேட்டுக்கொண்டே இருக்கின்றேன். டும் டும் டும் கொடுத்த திருப்தியை இந்த தொகுப்பில் மீண்டும் கொடுக்கிறார் கார்த்திக் ராஜா. மனதை மயிலிறகால் வருடும் அட்டகாசமான மெலடிகள் இரண்டு மற்றும் அதிரடி பாடல்கள் மூன்று என எதிலும் சோடை போகவில்லை. இன்று முண்ணனியில் இருக்கும் அனைத்று இசை அமைப்பாளாகளுக்கும் நிச்சயம் சவால்தான். படம் வெற்றி பெற்றால் பாடல்கள் நிச்சயம் பட்டையைக் கிளப்பும். இல்லாவிட்டாலும் நல்ல பெரிய வாயப்புகளை கார்த்திக் ராஜாவுக்கு பெற்றும் தரும்.

மிக முக்கியமான ஒரு விசயம் சில பேரால் மட்டுமே தர முடிகிற ஒரிஜினாலிட்டி. எல்லா பாடல்களிலும் மிக அழுத்தமாக கார்த்திக் ராஜா முத்திரை.

double :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
18th May 2006, 10:27 PM
என்ககு பிடிக்காத குரல் என்றால் அது மால்குடி சுபா குரல்தான். ஆனால் டும் டும் டும் படத்தின் அத்தான் வருவாக பாடலின் மூலம் அசத்தினார். கார்த்திக் ராஜாவிடம் என்ன மாயமோ தெரியவில்லை மால்குடி சுபா மீண்டும் அசத்துகிறார் (especially after "நம்பாதே நம்பாதே நண்பா நீ நம்பாதே"). I couldn't believe my eyes oops ears.

இது மாயா லோகம் சூப்பர்

Sanjeevi
18th May 2006, 10:30 PM
3.Kattamoban-KR's version of "dei namma" from pattiyal.that would be apt.

May be but Kattabomman is much better than YSR's "dei numma"

==============

Four songs has sung by Tippu and Two by Karthik and Ranjith. Female voices given by Malkudi suba and Ritta.

nilavupriyan
18th May 2006, 10:49 PM
naalai songs are good!

sureshmehcnit
19th May 2006, 10:00 AM
Sanjeevi: Well said, Both Naalai and MM are completely satisfying albums. Hats off to Karthik Raja.

MumbaiRamki
21st May 2006, 04:04 AM
SOme point abt NaaLai

1.Kattboman -Who else but Tippu or Shankar Mahadevan would sing an intro song of a Rowdy .One thing that instantly impresses you is the apt lyrics ,esp in the charaNam part .The base lines ,and the accompanying arrangments in the song ,the 'Oyee maame" ,vibrant charNam are more than sufficent to put in the top of the charts .Added to that is some cool singing by Tippu .Thankfully its not just yet another dappanguthu !!

2.Arai Adi Dhooraththil -the song starts with " i would ike to raaja to be different" kind of start - i really would have clicked my mouse ,but for the punch KR -the song literally takes a 100degree turn .I can say this first of kind of song from KR and probably in tamizh movies for quite somebody.if you play the charanam and the pallavi to100 folks at two different times,i bet 90 would not be able to guess its from the same song -A song for everybody !!Simply superb!

3.Oru Maatram - Trademark KR song .The charnam just melts you down and the orchestration does go straight to your heart .Equal credit has to go the lyrisct for this song .Karthik's singing of the hindustani stuff is superb.The second interlude faithfully follows IR's legacy .Interludes have trademark KR stamp.My personal fav among the two albums

4.NaaLai intha KaaLam-except for teh synth Rthym ,i love this song very much .Karthik -KR songs seem to be trend in this movie .Again Karthik's singing is just too good .Great Going.One thing that instantly impresses is the simplicity of the interludes (after hearing to ARR,YSR ,DSP) this is welcome relief .

5.Idhi Maayalogam - For the part "nambaathe" and decent orchestration and other songs ,iam ready to hear this song :)

Somehow i like NaaLai more than MM ,simply becuase ..I liek all of them :)

sureshmehcnit
21st May 2006, 08:36 AM
Karthik Raja is the man of the moment in TFM with his two albums "Naalai" and "Manadhodu Mazhaikaalam" releasing one after the other with too good songs.

Here is a little write-up in general on Karthik Raja's compositions

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/05/karthik-raja.html

Sanjeevi
21st May 2006, 12:12 PM
SOme point abt NaaLai
2.Arai Adi Dhooraththil -the song starts with " i would ike to raaja to be different" kind of start - i really would have clicked my mouse ,but for the punch KR -the song literally takes a 100degree turn .I can say this first of kind of song from KR and probably in tamizh movies for quite somebody.if you play the charanam and the pallavi to100 folks at two different times,i bet 90 would not be able to guess its from the same song -A song for everybody !!Simply superb!

The music at the end of the song is simply superb.

5.Idhi Maayalogam - For the part "nambaathe" and decent orchestration and other songs ,iam ready to hear this song

Definitely the song is more than Maickam's "Rakkamma Rakkamma" which was a hit song.

And in the second interlude "nisa nisa neesa" humming is sung by Ilaiyara???

Sanjeevi
21st May 2006, 12:20 PM
Karthik Raja is the man of the moment in TFM with his two albums "Naalai" and "Manadhodu Mazhaikaalam" releasing one after the other with too good songs.

Here is a little write-up in general on Karthik Raja's compositions

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/05/karthik-raja.html

Suresh i am happy with your article which analyze KR's music quite deeply. I think he is in the end 7.5 sani period like me :wink: . Hope he will get his correct place soon.

MumbaiRamki
21st May 2006, 01:47 PM
[/quote]And in the second interlude "nisa nisa neesa" humming is sung by Ilaiyara???[/quote]

IS it ranjith ???

Renault
21st May 2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for this thread guys. Karthik Raja is long-time due for a big break. Hope he gets that now.

The song "Oru Maatram" really Rocks!!! Wonderful composition and has the KR stamp in it.

Sanjeevi
21st May 2006, 05:40 PM
Music Review

Naalai - The other one too delivers
IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 15, 2006]
After a long gap, Karthikraja is back with some brisk scores. A talented music composer, Karthikraja is still awaiting a major break which may propel him to stardom. Naalai has all the essential ingredients to provide him the right start towards achieving the same.

A mix of fast and melodious numbers, the songs of the movie has got the blend right

Karthikraja, unlike his brother Yuvanshankar Raja, seems to be inspired more by Indian classical music and uses them at appropriate places to create a new flavour.

Kattabomman ( Tippu)

A brisk number with a rocking and groovy music. Tippu is at his best rendering with his ususal grace. With the right fusion of percussion and the heavy instruments, the song grows on you like cold on a damp morning. The lyrics glorifying friendship is worth a special mention.

Naalai Indha kalam (Tippu, Karthik)

This is the title song and appropriately soothing and melodious. Karthikraja seems to have been inspired by his father Ilayaraja's tunes of late 90s in coming out with this number. An alapana in between adds sheen and enhances the essential appeal. Giving more space for lyrics, Karthikraja has used very few instruments. Karthik certainly is in fine form. And in comparison, Tippu, who is constricted in his range, comes short.

Idhu Maya Logam (Ranjith, Tippu, Malgudi Subha)

The rocking number in the album. A typical fast and a peppy song with a vibrant Malgudi Subha vocalizing, there is an enigmatic appeal. Karthikraja, who hitherto known for his melodious stuff, has come out all guns blazing. Seemingly inspired by the folk tunes of coastal areas of Andhra Pradesh, Karthikraja has added some quaint touches. Ranjith is in fine fettle. Set for the chart-busters, surely.

Arai Adi Thorathil (Ranjith, Rita)

A song inspired by western interplay of instruments with guitars and the drums dominating all through, this again underscores the ability of Karthikraja. He gets the mood and momentum right. He also lets the strength of the singers (Ranjith and Rita) get ample amplification.

Oru Matram (Karthik)

A romantic song, it has soft music with catchy lyrics accompanying them. This is right of Karthik's alley, and also Karthikraja's. Both have an intuitive flair for melody and lily. And it shows brilliantly in this simple number.

All in all, the other Raja too seems to have arrived.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7995.html

and more

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/3327/

vasanth2006
25th May 2006, 05:23 PM
very excellent album from karthik raja.

surprise....

surprise....

i did'nt expected this much from karthik raja.
i know he is capable of giving good music ( ullasam, ullam kollai poguthey, dum dum dum and etc).
but i really forgotten him in recent times.

Naalai intha kalam, oru matram are my picks.

"arai adi thoorathil" pallavi's music has the style of "ivan kattil kattu" from kalvanin kadhali.(particularly the lady's humming and voice).
i am saying about the music style only. (guys do you feel?)

but sad part is
this is not big banner/big budget/much awaited film.

he could have give this music to some big films when he gets.

Vysar
25th May 2006, 07:05 PM
Manikkam and Kadhala Kadhala are good too. If he learns to be consistent I am sure he will be with Big Wigs soon.

MumbaiRamki
25th May 2006, 09:12 PM
I first liked MM more -but on repeated hearings NaaLai is just superb!!!!

esp the second interlude and the way it starts "bhumiyile' in "Oru Maatram" .the energy in "kattaboman" is terrific !!!

great
26th May 2006, 11:21 AM
KarthikRaja is back with a bang !!!!

Naalai is simply rocking .

Expecting more album like this from KarthikRaja :thumbsup:

MumbaiRamki
9th June 2006, 03:24 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7995.html
15 15-sec trailers ....
first look ,NaaLai does seem to be impressive ...picturisation of songs is'nt bad either .....

Sanjeevi
5th July 2006, 10:48 PM
I am happy with notable success of Naalai and KR :D

thumburu
7th July 2006, 07:06 PM
iS "nAAlAI" A HIT? eVEN THIS WEEK'S KALKI CARRIES AN INTERVIEW WITH THE kAADHAL Virus infected poor hero Richards!!! But the new reviewer by name "Lajjavathi" sseems to ask "music kilo enna vilai" . Where is the music savvy "Visual daasan"? I miss his reviews :(

vasanth2006
11th July 2006, 05:34 PM
The Hindu's todays edition claims the following news.
after the small level success of Naalai, Naalai director udhayapanu maheshwaran is going to direct the next film "asan". MD is KR.

i think it is the good news for KR and his fans.

rajdes
12th July 2006, 02:00 PM
If I know Karthik Raja correctly, he will be dropped from this movie also before recording starts/during recording.
Hope I am wrong.