PDA

View Full Version : Mother in law VS dau in law

kandiban
15th May 2006, 03:41 PM
who suppose to be incharge of the finance and carry the key , when the son is married ? and why also have marumagal and mother in law case ? hi pls talk about this ? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

rachel
15th May 2006, 03:45 PM
because son hasn't grown up yet... mentally :oops:

trisha_krish
15th May 2006, 03:45 PM
this thread shud be in misc section :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 05:12 PM
Excuse me,

Can someone enlighten me why is this thread opened in films section?

BTw,

Finance is common. veetula aaNi irukkula...... athula key maatirunga. yaarukkku paisa thevaiyo avanga eduthupaanga. ithukku ethukku maamiyar marumagaLnu potti.

nowadays nobody wears sarees, so that they sorugify keys in their idippu and make scenes :roll: :oops:

girishk14
15th May 2006, 07:05 PM
Kandiban..................U are the best hubber man :thumbsup:

MODs , please send Kandiban a list of the HUB rules and which thread should be opened in which section

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 09:26 PM
What do you mean Finance?Keys? :?
Thought that each individual had their own almirah where they kept what ever money they had along with the money their respective hubbies had.When ever the mom wanted some money she would ask either her hubby or her son and they would give her.In the DIL's case,she would has her hubby.Edhula confusion enna?

Raikkonen
15th May 2006, 09:46 PM
Kelunga Maaamiyare Neengalum Marumagalthan

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 09:58 PM
ss,

everything is fine. I agree wiht ur seperate almirah. I guess thats how it is in most joint families.

but, why should they ASKKK their hubby or son?

Should not the right word be CONSULT and take money.

Finance is not a dept which someone grants and someone subsides. I believe, It should be a shared responsibility.

Unicorn
15th May 2006, 09:59 PM
sp :roll: hows ur marumagal :D

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:00 PM
navin,

:evil: :twisted: :P

I dont have one as of now. Even if it is, it would be years later and its MARUMAGAN :D

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 10:01 PM
ss,

everything is fine. I agree wiht ur seperate almirah. I guess thats how it is in most joint families.

but, why should they ASKKK their hubby or son?

Should not the right word be CONSULT and take money.

Finance is not a dept which someone grants and someone subsides. I believe, It should be a shared responsibility.
Didnt mean it that way..I meant in case where wives dont work..and they need money.If the wives work,well thats a no brainer aint it?

dsath
15th May 2006, 10:06 PM
First of all there is no 'VS'. This might be a very feminist view but still here goes.
Men for ages have been trying to dominate our human species. We women should iron out our differences and stand untied to reduce this domination.
This whole topic is highly overhyped and the mega serials these days don't help.

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:07 PM
ss,

Working or not working does not make one the decider or authority of finance.

Its a house, where resp are shared.

One earns another saves.
One wins the bread and other makes it.

Why is there a differentiation between women who work
and women who sit at home?

Would I be assuming it right, that all housewives
NEED TO ASKK money

and all women who work

can CONSULT how it needs to be spent?

I am sorry, thats pretty insulting for home makers.

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 10:17 PM
dont get worked up SP.When you dont work,I assume your husband gives you money for household expenses rite?When that money gets over,dont you ASK/DEMAND him for money?You afterall have a household to run rite.How can you run it if there is no with you and you shouldnt ask for money ?As for the working wives,when they have an arrangement with the hubbies which transferes their salaries to the hubbies account,they too ask their hubbies for money.Hey here ASKING != PERMISSION!!
Asking = Demanding
Dont see why you should be insulted by this :?

ajithfederer
15th May 2006, 10:18 PM
del......

ajithfederer
15th May 2006, 10:19 PM
del........

great
15th May 2006, 10:20 PM
all maamiars and marumagals should be fitin all day........so that we boys can kulur kaanjufy in their fites...... :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

This prove you are wrong :poke:

Be like me or atleast try to imitate me

The future guru 8-)

ajithfederer
15th May 2006, 10:22 PM
del....

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 10:22 PM
all maamiars and marumagals should be fitin all day........so that we boys can kulur kaanjufy in their fites...... :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
-deleted-
:cry:

great
15th May 2006, 10:23 PM
IYER BALAJI DINNER ENNA CHICKEN AA? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This prove you are wrong :poke:

Be like me or atleast try to imitate me

The future guru 8-)

Illa stanley prasanna mutton :poke:

ajithfederer
15th May 2006, 10:26 PM
del.....

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:27 PM
Most housewives these days has money transfered to their acccount, which they operate using credit cards.

Fine I got ur point that

asking != permission.

What I try to stress here is the USAGE OF WORD. Money is not a phenomenon that only men grant and women ask or DEMAND. (or vice versa too)

Its not merely running day to day household exp, EVERY SINGLE EXP, I believe if its a family need to be CONSULTED for spending.

A man if he needs to spend money, NEED TO CONSULT HIS WIFE. and obviously vice versa.

ofcourse

ASKING != DEMAND too

its mere consulting.

I do not wanna diffentiate bet men and women
or
differentiate between working women and hosuewives(which I ofcousre understood u did not differentiate too)

Its not just money, any DECISION MAKING process, is an event which needs to be UNANIMOUSLY consulted.

and ..

No! I aint getting worked up. I am just stressing/sharing my stand or view point. nothing more than that.

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:28 PM
sp akka velai seyyarathu illainu kuthi kaamikureengalaa? :wink: :lol:

ithula enna sirippu vendi kidakku :D
ungalukku hammer adi kudukalainnu great romba varuthapadaraar. kuduthudara :wink: :lol:

great
15th May 2006, 10:28 PM
That will never happen........

Wait till you get married and your wife and your mom involves you in their fights :oops:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

yean uNNAkku ponnu kudukka maatangala :poke:

ajithfederer
15th May 2006, 10:32 PM
del.......

great
15th May 2006, 10:32 PM
sorry da :(

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:33 PM
af,

sirichu pesittu irukkum pothu.....
sentimentala pesiteenga.

sorry bout it af.

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:33 PM
:(

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 10:35 PM
I dont know about consulting for the small things shakthi.Big items like buying a flat panel TV or a Recliner I understand :) but small things like flowers for the house or even an inexpensive dress for yourself,I dont think needs consultation.What if you want to suprise your hubby with a new shirt for him.You dont have to consult them to use money for that rite.I do get your point and thats definitely valid for any big use of money.Otherwise its not that big a deal rite :)

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 10:37 PM
oops!!
Reallly really sorry about that AF :(.
I wounldnt have brought something like that up if I had known it :(
I'll edit that post and request anyone who has quoted me to delete the posts too.

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:42 PM
ss,

I suppose we do talk about big issues of finance here. Day to day normal expenditure is something which wont be termed under the huge consideration as 'FINANCE'

Obviously buying flowers or choclates or curry leaves or mangoes dont need a phone call for consultation.

When petty-cash gets over on these expenses, obiously anyone goes and draws money without need for explicit explanation or account shown to other party or even ASKING or CONSULTING for further need of money.

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:46 PM
okei.......

i need to concentrate on delegates and events now :D

would post or disucss later :D

:P

ssanjinika
15th May 2006, 10:48 PM
rite SP,just my point.But when petty cash gets over(im here going by my family only),my mom used to ask my dad to get some money and keep it at home(once again for day to day expense) This is what I meant when I said ask hubby for money :P.Even today my MIL does that.
When it comes to big things..then I guess the entire family has to talk it through..dunno abt that actually.Though I would think if it comes to buying a TV or something either the son and DIL decide to get it or if the FIL is working/has enough money he and his wife decide to get it.Dunno if all 4 of them as a family discuss it and go to get the TV :?

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 10:57 PM
hmm earlier generation did it. (askin)

nowadays some egoistic women who dont actually work too(who is also useless except talking :D ) believe in consulting.

Also, it surprises me when women just go shell out money on exp jewellries and dresses without consulting their better halvs. Most are housewives who belong to upper middle class has this as their hobby :roll:

I suppose CONSULTING OR ASKING members who earn, IS basically because of concept THEY KNOW WHERE the financial status of the family stands, whether spending on something would pinch somewhere else later. Basically managing accounts.

If everybody has that sense, to know where to spend, and where to cut, to keep the house running smoothly, then all stands are equal.

So much said and done, ONCE MY HUSBAND GOT HOME THEATRE without even consulting me :roll:

Guess he wanted to surprise me.

HE DID REALLY SURPRISE ME. :D .
It took time for me to digest the surprise though :lol:

Concepts at times need to be flexible too. So I grinned and enjoyed his surprise though my grey cell was not involved in the decision making process :roll:

okkkkkkkkkkkk would seriously post later :P :wave:

Lambretta
15th May 2006, 10:57 PM
Wasnt ther a thread w. exactly the same topic here b4 (sumtime arnd last yr)?? :? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 11:02 PM
ss,

in joint families.......... may be dunno.......
if all members sit and discuss regarding money issues.

mainly MEN decide.

:evil:

romba kovama varathu. but i suppose thats how it is in many places....... :evil:

Thunderbird
15th May 2006, 11:05 PM
mainly MEN decide.

:poke:

:roll:

Shakthiprabha.
15th May 2006, 11:09 PM
hammer vangatheenga. poidunga :twisted: :grrrrrr:

Ghlli
16th May 2006, 03:04 AM
omg what an intresting topic :rotfl:

Lambretta
16th May 2006, 09:37 AM
How come u find it so??! :? :lol2:

Unaku enikaathu marimagal aganum-nu iruka?! :poke: :lol:
Appidi nee analum, I reckon w/ a DIL like u, its ur MIL who'd be in a vulnerable position rather than u! :P :rotfl:

Raikkonen
16th May 2006, 09:48 AM
ippatikku marumagathan
after 30 yrs. Mamiyar...

Unicorn
16th May 2006, 09:50 AM
:roll: which means ull be switching genders after 30 yrs :mad: :banghead:

ippatikku marumagathan
after 30 yrs. Mamiyar...

Raikkonen
16th May 2006, 09:52 AM
No now im supporting my mom's marumaga..
After 30 yrs, i will support my Mamiyaru...

Lambretta
16th May 2006, 03:36 PM
ippatikku marumagathan
after 30 yrs. Mamiyar...:roll: which means ull be switching genders after 30 yrs :mad: :banghead:
:shock: :rotfl:

Sorry NTR garu! :D

crazy
16th May 2006, 04:32 PM
hope i find a very kind mother in law! some one cooks for me..............no no someone who taught my fut husband to cook!

Raghu
16th May 2006, 08:57 PM
who suppose to be incharge of the finance and carry the key , when the son is married ? and why also have marumagal and mother in law case ? hi pls talk about this ? :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

ithuku thaan solrathu over-a cinema ellam paakakoodathenu :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lambretta
16th May 2006, 09:03 PM
ithuku thaan solrathu over-a cinema ellam paakakoodathenu :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:lol:
Raghu, ippo ellam cinema le kuda ithu nadakarthu kammi......ithu vanthu Mega serials over-a paatha case mathiri theriythu! :wink:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Raghu
16th May 2006, 09:11 PM
Raghu, ippo ellam cinema le kuda ithu nadakarthu kammi......ithu vanthu Mega serials over-a paatha case mathiri theriythu! :wink:

haha

Raikkonen
16th May 2006, 09:21 PM
Kelunga mamniyare neengalum marumagathan..

Ghlli
17th May 2006, 02:35 AM
cos i see these probs in everysnigle tv serial possible...i don't watch them much...but there is never an episode without this type fight :lol:

i used to watch something called "chinna paapa, periya paapa" :lol: :lol: :lol: it was hillariousssssssssss
MIL vs DIL..omg it was soo funny

yes yes if i was the DIL my MIL will definately be in a devestating position :lol:

How come u find it so??! :? :lol2:

Unaku enikaathu marimagal aganum-nu iruka?! :poke: :lol:
Appidi nee analum, I reckon w/ a DIL like u, its ur MIL who'd be in a vulnerable position rather than u! :P :rotfl:

Ghlli
17th May 2006, 03:02 AM
thats an oldddd seriall....i remember watching it with my muma :shock:

Kelunga mamniyare neengalum marumagathan..

Thunderbird
17th May 2006, 03:16 AM
Gaayu'll be a maamiyaar one day :roll:

:rotfl: :poke:

Ghlli
17th May 2006, 03:21 AM
wouldn't you feel sorry for my DIL? :lol:

nms
17th May 2006, 04:18 PM

Finance inchargaa? romba chinnathanamaa irukku..
MIL - DIL problem is a conflict of egos.

Ovvoruvarku matravargal kitta oru ethirpaarppu vundu.Ethirpaarppugalh illadha manidhargalh illai..adhay pola ellorudaya edhirparpugalaum poorthi panna mudiyaadhu.

avargal edhirpaarpula oru nyayam irundhaa ..adhai niraivaethalaam...
matra padi niraivetra mudiyaadha ethirpaarpugalai avunga puriyura maari sollanum..puriya vaikkanum...
so adipadai thevai idhu dhaan:
good communication skills... pala prachanaigalukku kaaranamae nam karuthukkalai chariyaaga solladhadhu dhaan....naam onru solla avargal thappa purijikkitta prachanai dhaan...

understanding the situation and acting accordingly....Idam ,porulh ,aeval paarkkanum..

aduthavar vunarvugalukku madhippu kodukka vaendum.... (arguments are different from fight.).. everyone has their right to think

priority mukkiyam...sila naerangalil manaiviyin karuthukku mukkiyathuva kodukka vaendi irukkum..sila naerangalil ammavukku..endha soolhnilaila yaarukku mukkiyathuvam kudukkanumnu irukku..

TV serials paarkkama irundhalae nalladhu..full of -ve thoughts and emotions..it will curb the energy and will spoil the spirit n mood and corrupt the mind.

konjam psychology knowledge irundhaa better....aduthavar manasai,soozhnilayao ennangalai purinjikka usefulla irukkum.

idhu almost ellorukkum porundhum..not only for MIL-DIL.

shalitha
22nd May 2006, 01:24 AM
Interesting Topic. :thumbsup: Maamiyaar/ Maamanaar vs Marumagal / Marumagan. It only happens in significant families. It doesnt happen in foreign countries.. It does but not in all countries... TV sereials are showing maamiyar / marumagal fights... I only see maamiyar marumagal fights in serials.

ramky
24th May 2006, 07:32 PM
It doesnt happen much nowadays bcos the DILS have got more Dil than before, and the MILs are Mothers In Limbo - they cant complain to their sons about the DIL like before !

ramky
24th May 2006, 07:33 PM
It doesnt happen much nowadays bcos the DILS have got more Dil than before, and the MILs are Mothers In Limbo - they cant complain to their sons about the DIL like they used to before !