PDA

View Full Version : Best of Harris & discuss his music

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2006, 06:23 PM
this is a poll and a thread to discuss of harris jayaraj's music

MADDY
19th May 2006, 04:19 PM
rediff has reviewed Aparachit - Anniyan's hindi version......the reviewer has gud words for HJ's music..... :thumbsup:

i'll quote what he had said....

Tamil cinema seems used to these extremely colourful visual standards, featuring tulip fields and millions of extras, and while one was filmed imaginatively in an extremely hip setting, they mostly seem pasted onto the film regardless of plot-point or aptness -- and this coming from someone who sits through at least one mindless Hindi film a week. No, these folks make some truly over-the-top songs, making Mumbai's efforts pale by comparison.

this inspite of Himesh doing a amazing job in Bollywood......still they think TFM is ahead of HFM.....but i wud have liked to see a small mention of HJ's name........

villan007
19th May 2006, 04:39 PM
minnale and kaakha kaakha ... :P

Nakeeran
19th May 2006, 04:42 PM
VASIGARA made everyone look at him with awe !

rashid2raj
19th May 2006, 07:51 PM
The Lieko Liema, theme music from Ullam Ketkume is superb! ROCKS.. 8-)

Raikkonen
19th May 2006, 08:30 PM
He is the best

At copying

buvana
22nd June 2006, 08:20 PM
He was at his best in Kaakha Kaakha..

Alien
22nd June 2006, 09:33 PM
For me, Minnale is his best :P closely followed by Kaaka Kaaka & Leysa Leysa .... All 3 r of top notch :thumbsup: among others .... 8-)

rajasaranam
22nd June 2006, 09:47 PM

Vaseegara was stolen from ARR's database and was a well known fact then. when the issue came up ARR was gentleman enough to go in for a out of the court settlement instead of pulling HJ to court and ruining his career :huh:

MusicIsLife
22nd June 2006, 09:57 PM
Though Minnale/KK/LL were too good of an accomplishment for HJ, i started to like Suttum vizhi sudare from Gajini.

RS:
Thats a great info

rashid2raj
22nd June 2006, 10:35 PM

Vaseegara was stolen from ARR's database and was a well known fact then. when the issue came up ARR was gentleman enough to go in for a out of the court settlement instead of pulling HJ to court and ruining his career :huh:

RS, is this true? Never heard this one.. :?

MADDY
22nd June 2006, 11:03 PM

if this is true, then it is a big blow to base of HJ's fame :oops: ....

interz
23rd June 2006, 01:40 AM
Minnale is probably the best so far. Majnu songs were very good to.

umaramesh
23rd June 2006, 04:40 PM
Vaseegara was stolen from ARR's database and was a well known fact then. when the issue came up ARR was gentleman enough to go in for a out of the court settlement instead of pulling HJ to court and ruining his career

Very sad . HJ got some status after this song only. ARR proved that he was gentleman but this guy kept quiet all these years.
No need to discuss about him if the news is genuine.

ramesh

bingleguy
23rd June 2006, 04:50 PM
Minnale n 12B are his BEST !

bingleguy
23rd June 2006, 04:52 PM
Vaseegara was stolen from ARR's database and was a well known fact then. when the issue came up ARR was gentleman enough to go in for a out of the court settlement instead of pulling HJ to court and ruining his career

Very sad . HJ got some status after this song only. ARR proved that he was gentleman but this guy kept quiet all these years.

ramesh

stole from Rahman's DB :shock:

dinesh2002
23rd June 2006, 05:09 PM
yes guys,that news is very true i guess,i remember the news came out during 2001 end,i got this news from a very close assosiate to ARR. ARR's family was eager to bring HJ to court but it was ARR that asked them to let it go.....

dinesh2002
23rd June 2006, 05:12 PM

ramesh

stole from Rahman's DB :shock:

try singging vaseegara's starting line & hum Bombay Dreams's Bombay Awakes or Bombay Sleeps....

rajasaranam
23rd June 2006, 06:40 PM
yes guys,that news is very true i guess,i remember the news came out during 2001 end,i got this news from a very close assosiate to ARR. ARR's family was eager to bring HJ to court but it was ARR that asked them to let it go.....

I got the news from a music troupe organiser in which unnikrishnan and jeyachandran sings often. ARR settled in for an amount of Rs.30 lacs despite he could have got more if gone to court and also defamed HJ :notworthy:

Nakeeran
23rd June 2006, 06:47 PM

I got the news from a music troupe organiser in which unnikrishnan and jeyachandran sings often. ARR settled in for an amount of Rs.30 lacs despite he could have got more if gone to court and also defamed HJ :notworthy:

RS

God :cry: What a start this guy had through this song ! :twisted:
If this is true, shame on his part for having STOLEN .
I would rather rank even the copy cats & inspirers , somewhat in a better platform but STEALING IS THE MOST HORRIBLE THING TO DO

Now JH would have already earned much more than 30 Lacs as he is well settled now

Nice to hear that ARR had maintained a studied silence :)

dinesh2002
23rd June 2006, 07:02 PM
RS,would like to know more on this,did HJ stole the WHOLE song or only a certain part?? really curious about this.......

rajasaranam
23rd June 2006, 07:05 PM
RS

God :cry: What a start this guy had through this song ! :twisted:
If this is true, shame on his part for having STOLEN .
I would rather rank even the copy cats & inspirers , somewhat in a better platform but STEALING IS THE MOST HORRIBLE THING TO DO

Now JH would have already earned much more than 30 Lacs as he is well settled now

Nice to hear that ARR had maintained a studied silence :)

This is a corporate world and all these kind of things are happening in every field. People fake resumes. steal some information/database from a company when leaving and joining another or when starting off on their own.
Hmmm... the sad part is it has penetrated into the field of ART's too :cry:

selvakumar
23rd June 2006, 07:07 PM
Rajasarnam,
:shock: Thanks for the information. But anyhow would like to know the source. (any) :D I am sure you will give that to us.

If that is the case, then I must hear

Minnalae
&
RHTDM from here onwards with the mindset that

THE REAL COMPOSER IS ARR and not HJ :(

rajasaranam
23rd June 2006, 07:26 PM
RS,would like to know more on this,did HJ stole the WHOLE song or only a certain part?? really curious about this.......

I dont know :huh: why dont you enquire from your source and let me know :)

jokes apart >
we all know the working style of ARR> He primarily composes the tune and and gets inputs from various sources like Naveen, Shivamani or a commercial loop/software. He keeps tweaking, adding layers and when he is satisfied with the final outcome the song comes to us. All these informations are stored in his PC via MIDI. sometimes he asks Additional programmers to tweak more on the song until he is satisfied and feels perfect. And ARR keeps doing this even when he is not composing for any film. when an idea strikes him he immtly inputs it into his system as a scratch and when the right oppurtunity arrives he uses that. One such example is 'Tamizha Tamizha' from Roja which he had already composed and was ready in his database.

HJ was one such Additional programmer. May be ARR would've set the tune and added some layers and asked HJ to do some programming on it. and maybe this guy stole it from the database when he found a right oppurtunity. All IMO only because ARR doesnt come up with the final output until lyrics are added to it. He introduces new punches and tweakings even after the singer's input.

Whatever... the song vassegara's charm was its nonchalant pace and mood of the tune rather than any additional programming into it. And I have enough reasons to believe It was an original ARR style tune :wink:

rajasaranam
23rd June 2006, 07:33 PM
source. (any) :D I am sure you will give that to us.

How are you sure about that :roll: I wont :!: and if I disclose it here I may not get informations from that source anymore :wink:

dinesh2002
23rd June 2006, 07:36 PM
true RS,think it should be that way....seriously vaseegara had the typical ARR touch...

ps : btw,my 'source' already lost contact with me... thats y i asked u...

selvakumar
23rd June 2006, 07:59 PM
source. (any) :D I am sure you will give that to us.

How are you sure about that :roll: I wont :!: and if I disclose it here I may not get informations from that source anymore :wink:

idu veraya :lol: Anyhow, THANKS Rajasarnam for the info :D

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2006, 08:03 PM
Shocking info indeed :shock:

rajasaranam
23rd June 2006, 08:07 PM
Well we have digressed too much i believe. Let me bring back the topic.
I do love some of the songs from HJ
My best picks are Mazhai mazhai from PEPSI [is it?] and muthar kanavae from Majnu. Especially 'muthar kanavae' was so close to my heart and whenever i listen to this song i get goosepimples :oops:

rajasaranam
23rd June 2006, 08:10 PM
Shocking info indeed :shock:

not shocking for me it came as a rumour at the time of Minnale's hit itself and i thought then that it was being spread by ARR fans in Vayitherichal :P until i got a solid confirmation from a closely industry linked person a year before :o

Alien
23rd June 2006, 08:42 PM
not shocking for me it came as a rumour at the time of Minnale's hit itself and i thought then that it was being spread by ARR fans in Vayitherichal :P
I too heard it as a rumour & didn't mind it then...... :shock:

My most fav of his songs are Venmathi venmathiyE , Uyirin uyirE, AvaL ulaga azhagiyE, Azhagiya theeyE, EthO onRu, Vaseegara etc .... in that order ....
Esp Venmathi venmathiyE , I just don't get enuf of that song :oops: :P , scinitllating ....!!
I really loved his works till the horrible Anniyan :banghead: ....

MusicIsLife
24th June 2006, 08:35 AM
I just watched Thotti Jaya, the bit song is kind-a cool. I liked it, it was far better than any song in that movie.

I believe HJ has some talent otherwise, why would people keep choosing him? Ullam Ketkumey songs were listenable but not the best kinds (Mazhai Mazhai was awesome, is it the same movie PEPSI?)

Alien
24th June 2006, 08:46 AM
I believe HJ has some talent otherwise, why would people keep choosing him? Ullam Ketkumey songs were listenable but not the best kinds (Mazhai Mazhai was awesome, is it the same movie PEPSI?)
Yeah, PEPSI was ultimately retitled as Ullam Ketkumey ! The album was released in 2003 October or so, when the title was PEPSI .... but the film came out only on last year June .....

muzammil_fr
24th June 2006, 01:31 PM
I like lot of songs in Hj Composing, As it's look like ARR songs :)
But There is a Song Deap to my Heart, that's Uyire En Uyire Song From Thotti Jeya. when i was in india, this albem released, so i heard there first two times, but when i heard even now, i felt like i am in india, and it make me feel .

so Hj Best is Uyire En Uyire.

Scale
24th June 2006, 02:36 PM
Rs. 30 lacs :roll: yaaru kudutha? Minnale producera! :lol:

There are still rumors that this was composed by ARR along with Udaya title song, Snehidhane(AP-MR interview). Never proven b4 clearly. But now RS post is another cracker, if needs to be believed.

[PS: Also please check this Track 28 - Piano Old French song Op:39 No:16' (http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/music/B000003FAM/samples/702-7476336-1980850) by Tchaikovsky". Can anyone help with a link for full version? Another one played in guitar (http://www.yatesguitar.com/tchaikovsky/tchaikovsky.html))

dinesh2002
24th June 2006, 02:48 PM
scale,u meant vaseegara was composed by ARR when he was composing Sneghidene & Udhaya Udhaya???it was mentioned in an interview is it??? :?

Scale
24th June 2006, 03:06 PM
confirma theriyala rumoura (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/32379) thaan irukkum. thala suthudha ARR,HJkke velicham.

dinesh2002
24th June 2006, 05:47 PM
yes,and the message was posted by me..... :D and the sad part no 1 answered me :(

but i really think the 1st 1 is really absurd...coz ARR would never use another person's idea/tune for his own project...if that was true,even mani ratnam wont respect ARR ..... he wont be selecting ARR for movies after Alaipayuthey,if thats what ARR did for Alaipayuthey... rite???

Scale
25th June 2006, 10:43 AM
:lol: :rotfl: nee dhaana adhu :banghead: Where did you get this info? (It was from MR interview) :roll:

dinesh2002
25th June 2006, 01:58 PM
:lol: :rotfl: nee dhaana adhu :banghead: Where did you get this info? (It was from MR interview) :roll:

i think some guy from yahoo groups told me...so i was confused i quickly posted that message to get a clear answer,esp from Gops or Vij Iyer,but no 1 replied..... :shock:

cadburyboy
15th March 2007, 12:03 AM
pls check:

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-05/14-03-07-harris-jayaraj.html

crazy
15th March 2007, 12:15 AM
nice!

selvakumar
15th March 2007, 03:59 PM
pls check:

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-05/14-03-07-harris-jayaraj.html

Congrats dude ! That was a nice one indeed :thumbsup: Keep it up !

madhu
15th March 2007, 04:09 PM
good one ! :clap:

cadburyboy
15th March 2007, 07:53 PM
thanks a lot!!!