PDA

View Full Version : Mor koozhu(Upma)

sanravi
15th May 2006, 07:24 PM
Hi friends,

here is the delicious,quick and simple upma made of rice flour.

Ingredients :

1 cup rice flour
salt
butter milk
asafoetida
curry leaves
urad dhal
mustard seeds
green chillies

Preparation :

To 1 cup of rice flour add butter milk and mix it in such a way that there are no lumps.prepare it in the form of dosai batter consistency.Add salt as required.

In a pan,add sufficient oil,add mustard seeds,wait until it splutters then add urad dhal,once it turns golden brown in colour add green chillies,asafoetida and curry leaves.then add the batter and keep stirring continously under low flame,if it is not stirred continously then lumps may be formed which spoils the taste,keep stirring until it solidifies like smooth thick paste.thats it,delicious,mouth watery koozhu is ready.

It can be had as such without any side dish.

SmileAlways
19th May 2006, 11:09 AM
Hi Sanravi

Nice recipe....but i have a query.

Would this upma have a sour taste since u add buttermilk??

I dont like curd and associated stuff....their sour taste puts me off..and hence the query??

also is this the same upma tht can be made into a kozhakattai and steamed in a idly cooker...thus double cooking it??

I remember my mom making kozhakattai upma...but am not sure if this is the upma she used to make it with.

bingleguy
19th May 2006, 11:29 AM
my dad n granddad likes this very much

SmileAlways
19th May 2006, 11:32 AM
Binglyguy@ Caught the K syndrom from watching too much Kabhi saas bhi bahu thi...kahani ghar ghar ki.....?? lol...

Nice Kavidhai tho!!

bingleguy
19th May 2006, 11:36 AM
:lol: nopes ... i dont watch Hindi or Hindi dubbing serials ;-) infact no serials ...

this is my way of scribbling :-) all starting with the same letter !

i do this n my Pudhiyadhor Padaippu thread too ! :-)

btw smile ... wats that Central jail :roll: ?

bingleguy
19th May 2006, 11:39 AM
Smile ....

this tastes a little different from the normal upma but not sour ! coz of buttermilk !

nope kozhakattai prep is a little different !

SmileAlways
19th May 2006, 04:02 PM
Bingle@ central jail theiryadha...?? :?:

On your way to the Central station in Chennai.......From anna Salai..u will travel through a bridge....If u look at the left..just before u hit the station..u will c the Central jail!! Still Wonder why they keep the Jail right next to the station.....tempting me escape!! :D

Thanx for the info abt the Upma!!

bingleguy
19th May 2006, 04:04 PM
Central Jail theriyum sir ... naan dhaan niraiyaa padam paakirene :P but neenga anga enna panreengannu ketten :-)

Jail kulla ippo ellam inet vasadhi irukkaa :roll: :lol: Just kidding