PDA

View Full Version : what would u do on "doomsday"?

c4ramesh
19th May 2006, 06:49 PM
read this first

Mark your calendar for Sunday, April 13, 2036. That's when a 1,000-foot-wide asteroid named Apophis could hit the Earth with enough force to obliterate a small state.The odds of a collision are 1-in-6,250. But while that's a long shot at the racetrack, the stakes are too high for astronomers to ignore.For now, Apophis represents the most imminent threat from the worst type of natural disaster known, one reason NASA is spending millions to detect the threat from this and other asteroids.A direct hit on an urban area could unleash more destruction than Hurricane Katrina, the 2004 Asian tsunami and the 1906 San Francisco earthquake combined. The blast would equal 880 million tons of TNT or 65,000 times the power of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.Objects this size are thought to hit Earth about once every 1,000 years, and, according to recent estimates, the risk of dying from a renegade space rock is comparable to the hazards posed by tornadoes and snakebites. Those kind of statistics have moved the once-far-fetched topic of killer asteroids from Hollywood movie sets to the halls of Congress."Certainly we had a major credibility problem at the beginning - a giggle factor," said David Morrison, an astrobiologist at NASA's Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif.

"Now, many people are aware this is something we can actually deal with, mitigate and defend against."In 1998, lawmakers formally directed NASA to identify by 2008 at least 90 percent of the asteroids more than a kilometer (0.6 mile) wide that orbit the sun and periodically cross Earth's path. That search is now more than three-quarters complete.Last year, Congress directed the space agency to come up with options for deflecting potential threats. Ideas seriously discussed include lasers on the moon, futuristic "gravity tractors," spacecraft that ram incoming objects and Hollywood's old standby, nuclear weapons.To help explore possible alternatives, former Apollo astronaut Rusty Schweickart has formed the B612 Foundation. The organization's goal is to be able to significantly alter the orbit of an asteroid in a controlled manner by 2015.

source: Bradenton Herald (http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/local/14580508.htm)

ok, don't panic I read from another source, to be specific MSNBC, that the orbit of Apophis has been refined as a result of redar measurements. The chances of a collision in 2036 now stand at 1 in 24,000, and this is expected to improve with further measurements. so the chance of this happening it is very remote.

But lets assume thats going bang on earth, and more alarmingly at a place where u live and u know if that happens thats the doomsday for you and u get this info too late that u can't possibly escape... so wat would u want to do with the few hours u have been left with? give in ur ideas on how u will spend that time, hubbers!

c4ramesh
19th May 2006, 07:01 PM
what I would do is eat as much as I could and go to sleep. and probably I can't sleep under this scenario, in that case I would try to make the people around me happy after all I am not the only one who is going to die... :lol2: there is nothing I could within my capability to save myself or others so why worry about something out of ur hands?
(unless Bruce willis and his trusted pack of "oil diggers" bail us out!:lol2:)

crazy
19th May 2006, 07:28 PM
[tscii:6d13278ecc]I will thank/pray God coz

1 ending my pain on thir earth
2 letting me come to him
3 if i have a minute or two, i will think of each and every good and bad people i have been trough my life(i pray God that i want to die with the memories of my beloved friends and good souls, hope he bless me with that tiny wish)
4 pray God for making others die quickly( i dont want them to go trough a lot of pain)
5 i will die as quickly as possible( i cant stand watch pëople dying in front of me)
6 pray for not giving me another life on this earth.
7 and try to forgive those who harmed me
8 wish the very best for those who loved me
9 try to die by whispering his name(GOD'S)
10 and ................................i think its all, if there is anything left, i will put it later!

i cant even imagine how glad i will be! HOPE GOD BLESS ME AND SO DOES U ALL![/tscii:6d13278ecc]

c4ramesh
19th May 2006, 07:58 PM
[tscii:3eb0160149]
I will thank/pray God coz

ok, hmm..

1 ending my pain on thir earth

and hope for a direct hit by the Asteriod, so that u die instantly without feeling the pain!

2 letting me come to him

and also giving u a lot of company during the journey!

3 if i have a minute or two, i will think of each and every good and bad people i have been trough my life(i pray God that i want to die with the memories of my beloved friends and good souls, hope he bless me with that tiny wish)

actually, u have 30 yrs, surely, u can afford this!

4 pray God for making others die quickly( i dont want them to go trough a lot of pain)

how sweet??:)

5 i will die as quickly as possible( i cant stand watch pëople dying in front of me)

Now, honestly, you are flattering me!

6 pray for not giving me another life on this earth.

obviously.

7 and try to forgive those who harmed me

and u too. for those, u harmed! that would be very few I guess.

8 wish the very best for those who loved me

Bon voyage :?:

and so, u know his name? I have been thinking abt this for eternity. could u please tell his name? I am expecting another philosophical reply, seriously!

10 and ................................i think its all, if there is anything left, i will put it later!

I don't quite get it!

i cant even imagine how glad i will be! HOPE GOD BLESS ME AND SO DOES U ALL!

GLAD! oh surely, I will be glad to die :wink:

sincierly, i liked ur reply. I was expecting a philosophical reply like urs was always on the cards. some how I like this kind of philosopical persons. part of ur reply is so sweet! [/tscii:3eb0160149]

Hulkster
19th May 2006, 08:56 PM
Kaduvul nammai kupiduraaru nu oru santhosam...azhivai ninaithu santhosa paduvathaal naam vaalvethu verum saavuruthukku thaana?...Kaduvul ovvuruthunum uruvaakuvethu kadeisi nerathilae kuppiduvethukku ellei...avan vaazhkai pathi enna arainthirukaan/arainthirukaal yenbatheiyum seitha thavarugalirinthu naam athai thadukka enna seithirikkirom yendru kanakku pennuvum thaan....maranam kaduvulai paarka porom endru santhosama irukka kudaathu...namma vaazhntha vaazhkaiyil enna sathanai seithom endra oru sinthanai....:)

Neither can i ask GOD why this is happening...nor can i ask how to stop this...all i can do is try to get everybody around me and within my reach out of the danger and just die with the impact.

Anyway...i dunt think we need a doomsday like that as already we are destroying ourselves in the name of violence and religion.

c4ramesh
19th May 2006, 09:20 PM
[tscii:7ebeaaf61a]

Anyway...i dunt think we need a doomsday like that as already we are destroying ourselves in the name of violence and religion.

spot on!

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” (Blaise Pascal, mathematician, 1670)

isn't Mr. Pascal right?
[/tscii:7ebeaaf61a]

nms
20th May 2006, 12:42 PM
adhu modhuradhukku oru 3 - 4 hours munnadi oru vuyaramaana building maela poi vaedikka paarpaen.
These Celestial Delights are rare...LOL

crazy
20th May 2006, 04:09 PM

and so, u know his name? I have been thinking abt this for eternity. could u please tell his name? I am expecting another philosophical reply, seriously!

sincierly, i liked ur reply. I was expecting a philosophical reply like urs was always on the cards. some how I like this kind of philosopical persons. part of ur reply is so sweet! [/tscii]

dear, God doesnt need a name, u can call him the way u want!
i dont think he/she/they will be upset by the way u call him/her/them!

u said i have 30yrs................hm iam 19 now in 30yrs i will be 49.........i dont want to live so long and suffer on this earth, hope i die before that!

anyway ellam siva mayam.

c4ramesh
20th May 2006, 06:12 PM
dear, God doesnt need a name, u can call him the way u want!
i dont think he/she/they will be upset by the way u call him/her/them!

But won't God be upset when he is called by some *****(keep it whatever u want) on whose name mahyem is spread throught this world. So I don't find the logic in calling God so and so. my own version of god is blur or may be to complex for me to formulate. I am better of as an Atheist! no hard feelings :)

u said i have 30yrs................hm iam 19 now in 30yrs i will be 49.........i dont want to live so long and suffer on this earth, hope i die before that!

anyway ellam siva mayam.

So, we both are 19 yrs :)

ok! 19 yrs isn't long enough to judge life by any stretch of imaginiation to be frank u r just begining to enter into ur real life. though I don't believe in GOD, u believe in him. so, why must he give you some thing that you don't want to use? what makes u think being born as a human being or for that matter any being is to suffer?

"akkariiku ikkarai patchai" every thing is just prespective there is nothing called "absolute". God, if he there gave us brain to use it. if something is difficult or makes u suffer we have to use our brain to change it arround. god, if he there doesn't reward u for being foolish ( :wink: ). never go behind death! let it come. we all are going to die one day, the thing is what did u do in this life time? waiting for death?...:? oh come on.

I seemed to like ur philosohpy, but I find a big flaw in it, after having a closer look.

crazy
20th May 2006, 06:22 PM
But won't God be upset when he is called by some *****(keep it whatever u want) on whose name mahyem is spread throught this world. So I don't find the logic in calling God so and so. my own version of god is blur or may be to complex for me to formulate. I am better of as an Atheist! no hard feelings :)

So, we both are 19 yrs :)

ok! 19 yrs isn't long enough to judge life by any stretch of imaginiation to be frank u r just begining to enter into ur real life. though I don't believe in GOD, u believe in him. so, why must he give you some thing that you don't want to use? what makes u think being born as a human being or for that matter any being is to suffer?

I seemed to like ur philosohpy, but I find a big flaw in it, after having a closer look.

whats the flaw?
iam 19,but i am turning 20 this july!

i dont find any problem calling him the way i want, who cares? neitehr i nor god himself!
life ..............iam a strong person............iam surviving............what i meant was just i wanted to die as soon as possible!
i want to reach him, i never run away from reality nor my duties!

c4ramesh
20th May 2006, 06:25 PM
Well, the biggest flaw is thinking life as a suffering!

c4ramesh
20th May 2006, 06:27 PM
And naming god is not my cup of coffee, but every one has his or own opinion abt GOD. I am no one to interfere in others opinion.

crazy
20th May 2006, 06:29 PM

sorry............iam not an atheist.............i believe in my religion so do in buddhism...................no no buddha!
life is pain, life is suffering .............ok ok ..i will stop now, or others might come and cheer me up!

c4ramesh
20th May 2006, 06:34 PM

sorry............iam not an atheist.............i believe in my religion so do in buddhism...................no no buddha!
life is pain, life is suffering .............ok ok ..i will stop now, or others might come and cheer me up!

well, to my knowledge, Buddha never told he was from god, I mean he was a prophet. neither did he preach any God. All he did is told
"life is pain, life is suffering" but gave an eight fold path to make life fun. yeah life is pain, suffering if humans live the way they are living now! to an extent Buddha was an atheist. correct me if I am wrong.. :)

crazy
20th May 2006, 06:39 PM
well, to my knowledge, Buddha never told he was from god, I mean he was a prophet. neither did he preach any God. All he did is told
"life is pain, life is suffering" but gave an eight fold path to make life fun. yeah life is pain, suffering is humans live the way they are living now! to an extent Buddha was an atheist. correct me if I am wrong.. :)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
naan enga buddhava kadavul endren? buddhar thanna kadavul endru sollavilla, naama thaan avara kadavul endrum kadavul thudar endrum......isthathukku sollrom! even if i call him god? does it make any difference
buddha quoted

"ur vision is ur GOd"............in my vision he is god, so is everybody and everything on this earth! i see God in all! ellam siva mayam!

c4ramesh
20th May 2006, 06:49 PM
"life is pain, life is suffering" but gave an eight fold path to make life fun. yeah life is pain, suffering is humans live the way they are living now! to an extent Buddha was an atheist. correct me if I am wrong.. :)

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
naan enga buddhava kadavul endren? buddhar thanna kadavul endru sollavilla, naama thaan avara kadavul endrum kadavul thudar endrum......isthathukku sollrom! even if i call him god? does it make any difference
buddha quoted

"ur vision is ur GOd"............in my vision he is god, so is everybody and everything on this earth! i see God in all! ellam siva mayam!

well, where did I say that "u had said buddha as god". and it doesn't make any diff. if u call him God, coz my nearest definition for god is anyone who cares for us w/o expecting something in return.

yeah, he was right. what ever is ur vision thats ur GOD. bcoz we follow in our vision. but what if ur vision is wrong? buddha never said ur vision is true. he said "doubt everthing find ur own light", we have done just that ( i hope so) and that is y I am an atheist and that is y u r a beliver. though the question who has found the right path? thats unanswerable at this moment for me!

Ghlli
20th May 2006, 07:06 PM
doomsday i will laugh :roll:

Lambretta
20th May 2006, 11:07 PM
doomsday i will laugh :roll:
Hmm...happy-go-lucky arent u, gaayu? :wink: :D

Ghlli
20th May 2006, 11:13 PM
yup yuppp :lol: i can start worrying once i'm older :rotfl: no point worrying right now :lol:

Lambretta
20th May 2006, 11:18 PM
yup yuppp :lol: i can start worrying once i'm older :rotfl: no point worrying right now :lol:
U *worry* abt nething, girl?? Naaah.....I doubt it! :P :wink: :lol:

Ghlli
20th May 2006, 11:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: although i start worrying if my make up starts running out...thats me real doomsday :lol:

malsi
21st May 2006, 06:20 PM
why wait for asteroid to hit ??..even your house roof can come falling on you...so just live your life..and face things as they come..

c4ramesh
21st May 2006, 06:24 PM
why wait for asteroid to hit ??..even your house roof can come falling on you...so just live your life..and face things as they come..

no no, these are quite unexpected things, but we r talking abt things that u know i.e what u will do to spend the last day when u are sure this is the end :cry:

shalitha
22nd May 2006, 01:01 AM
I'll cry on DOOMSDAY. I only know to :cry:

Surya
22nd May 2006, 01:28 AM
I'd go around with my SHOTGUN killing anyone I didnt' like! :twisted: JUST JOKING!!! :roll:

Seriously....

I spend my time with my loved ones. My parents, my siblings, and their kids, my friends, my Girlfriend, and just wait for the end to come.

What else could u do? :huh:

shalitha
22nd May 2006, 01:30 AM
I'd go around with my SHOTGUN killing anyone I didnt' like! :twisted: JUST JOKING!!! :roll:

Seriously....

I spend my time with my loved ones. My parents, my siblings, and their kids, my friends, my Girlfriend, and just wait for the end to come.

and your kids. :wink:

Surya
22nd May 2006, 01:31 AM
I'm not married. :huh: :)

shalitha
22nd May 2006, 01:43 AM

Then Bachelor. :roll: You've long days to live. On your DOOMSDAY you'll have KIDS (dozen kids). GOOD LUCK!!!! :P

ramky
22nd May 2006, 02:48 AM
But lets assume thats going bang on earth, and more alarmingly at a place where u live and u know if that happens thats the doomsday for you and u get this info too late that u can't possibly escape... so wat would u want to do with the few hours u have been left with? give in ur ideas on how u will spend that time, hubbers!

Well, stop doing everything a few hours before, and think of God !

thamizhvaanan
22nd May 2006, 11:25 AM
I will sleep :roll:

crazy
22nd May 2006, 03:51 PM
I will sleep :roll:

i thought u was sleeping already :roll:

Hulkster
22nd May 2006, 05:56 PM
I think that this asteroid can be certainly prevented...how can you all forget the supernatural powers of our gaptun vijaykanth...avar vanthu moondru dialogues vitaal podum...intha asteroid mettum ellei yentha asteroidum earth pakkam varaathu.

shalitha
23rd May 2006, 12:40 AM
I think that this asteroid can be certainly prevented...how can you all forget the supernatural powers of our gaptun vijaykanth...avar vanthu moondru dialogues vitaal podum...intha asteroid mettum ellei yentha asteroidum earth pakkam varaathu.
:)

Surya
23rd May 2006, 04:05 AM

Then Bachelor. :roll: You've long days to live. On your DOOMSDAY you'll have KIDS (dozen kids). GOOD LUCK!!!! :P

Thanks! :D I plan to have atleast 35! :rotfl: :lol: JK! :P OBVIOUSLY! :)

rami
23rd May 2006, 10:22 AM
1.Will go to my fav temple (A road side Pillyar temple near Tambaram)
2.I will call up friends ... have a nice chat with them..
3.Will hear my fav songs (Andhi mazhai..Un perai sonnale, Ragaseamai.. etc)
4. Will have my fav food and lots of icecream
5. Will hug my loved ones.. (Who knows I might even have a grand child then)
6. I will look at all the photos, diaries, greeting cards and autograph books I have(memories )
7. I will say sorry to people whom I think I was harsh with
8. I will thank people who have been with me in my ups and downs..
9. I will meditate..
10. I will sleep (Till I die)

Its always my wish to die while sleeping..

Braandan
23rd May 2006, 02:19 PM
I will be 73 years old if I am alive.. no worries!

mgb
23rd May 2006, 02:36 PM

Nice thoughts. But please don't wait for the dooms day. Do it today :)

Hulkster
23rd May 2006, 07:43 PM
1.Will go to my fav temple (A road side Pillyar temple near Tambaram)
2.I will call up friends ... have a nice chat with them..
3.Will hear my fav songs (Andhi mazhai..Un perai sonnale, Ragaseamai.. etc)
4. Will have my fav food and lots of icecream
5. Will hug my loved ones.. (Who knows I might even have a grand child then)
6. I will look at all the photos, diaries, greeting cards and autograph books I have(memories )
9. I will meditate..
10. I will sleep (Till I die)

Its always my wish to die while sleeping..

Akka keika nalla irukku..anaal kanakku penni paarthaal ithu ellam seiruthukku oru 5 hours yedukkum....antha asteroid stop pennuruthukku traffic light ellei...straight come..straight hit..straight sangu...so unga listai naan censor penna vendiyethu irukku...ithink the sorry part will be the best one..:D

Ghlli
23rd May 2006, 11:52 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously....

Ghlli
23rd May 2006, 11:56 PM
i dont believe in the friday 13th curse thing....but...........

every friday 13th i allllllllwayssssssss start fighting with my family :roll: my msn messenger stops working or starts going spaz....or i get warnings.......my ipod and cd player brake, then i find biggggg bigggg spiders in my bathroom....and my hair goes all spaz....i fall asleep in the lessons :roll: reallyy weird.....

and oh yaa my make gets ruined :roll:

shalitha
29th May 2006, 03:58 AM

every friday 13th i allllllllwayssssssss start fighting with my family :roll: my msn messenger stops working or starts going spaz....or i get warnings.......my ipod and cd player brake, then i find biggggg bigggg spiders in my bathroom....and my hair goes all spaz....i fall asleep in the lessons :roll: reallyy weird.....

I dont believe the #8. .. 8, 17, 26. I get bad things on that day... I also fight with my family. I hate that number. :oops:

crazy
29th May 2006, 12:14 PM

I dont believe the #8. .. 8, 17, 26. I get bad things on that day... I also fight with my family. I hate that number. :oops:[/quote]

8 i was born on that date :cry:

mgb
29th May 2006, 12:23 PM

I dont believe the #8. .. 8, 17, 26. I get bad things on that day... I also fight with my family. I hate that number. :oops:

8 i was born on that date :cry:[/quote]

all good things happen to me on 1 and 8 and on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

crazy
29th May 2006, 12:27 PM

nijamava? 1 is ok, but 8............dont know. i have heard that nr brings lot of unluck :cry:
according to my numerology my lucky nr 5, but i will fall for those who r 1,4 and 8, somehow its true most of my friends are 1 and 4.....................and few 3's!

mgb
29th May 2006, 12:36 PM

nijamava? 1 is ok, but 8............dont know. i have heard that nr brings lot of unluck :cry:
according to my numerology my lucky nr 5, but i will fall for those who r 1,4 and 8, somehow its true most of my friends are 1 and 4.....................and few 3's!

I am 1. 8 i have observed to be lucky to me though not by any logic. You don't worry, i guess 8 is lucky for atleast people who are born on 8.
Crazy.. at the end of it, it is our confidence that sails us through rough waters not these numbers. :)

crazy
29th May 2006, 12:38 PM
I am 1. 8 i have observed to be lucky to me though not by any logic. You don't worry, i guess 8 is lucky for atleast people who are born on 8.
Crazy.. at the end of it, it is our confidence that sails us through rough waters not these numbers. :)

yeah it is. i cant just sit and blame 8 for my bad luck :)

Ghlli
30th May 2006, 03:43 PM
aww :cry:

Ghlli
30th May 2006, 03:44 PM
8 is a v gd number crazy! well it does gd things to me....and suprisingly most my crushes have some connection to the number 8 :lol:

c4ramesh
30th May 2006, 05:33 PM
june 8th is my B'day too... :lol2: I hope 8 isn't unlucky for ppl born on 8th. whether its lucky or not . I love the no. 8 very much, for no reason of course.... (may be jus' bcoz I was born on 8th)

thamizhvaanan
30th May 2006, 07:41 PM
26th is my bday. does that count as 8? :roll: now wat does this got to do with doomsday?

mgb
30th May 2006, 07:54 PM
26th is my bday. does that count as 8? :roll: now wat does this got to do with doomsday?

I think, 8 number is saneeshwaran's number as per numerology. So only others should be afraid of you guys 8-)

thamizhvaanan
30th May 2006, 08:11 PM
i think they are :roll: :lol:

thamizhvaanan
30th May 2006, 08:18 PM
I was born on a saturday too! :roll: seems that saneeshwaran likes me a lot :P

great
30th May 2006, 08:56 PM

Saturday is lord balaji`s day !!!

but people use to say SANI ponam thaniya pogathu :oops: :lol:

Nakeeran
30th May 2006, 09:17 PM

Saturday is lord balaji`s day !!!

but people use to say SANI ponam thaniya pogathu :oops: :lol:

Anne,

innaikku neenga oru NAYAGANA kalakareenga :D

Neenga GREAT anne :D

Thalaivar Ulaganayagan Great Balaji vaazga vazga

Avar seyyum project vetri peruga :D

mgb
30th May 2006, 09:54 PM
Just find out whether Black is the luckier color to you. If so then you are spot on :lol:

ramky
30th May 2006, 10:59 PM
Just find out whether Black is the luckier color to you. If so then you are spot on :lol:

ganesh : ye khabar unke liye "San Sani " hOga !

mgb
1st June 2006, 10:37 AM
Ramky.. Tamizh ninga sonnadha edho keeta vaathainu nenachutaar pola.

Tamizh.. The translation is " This news will be "Sensational" for you.

shalitha
3rd June 2006, 04:47 AM

:lol:
:roll:

thamizhvaanan
3rd June 2006, 10:41 AM
Ramky.. Tamizh ninga sonnadha edho keeta vaathainu nenachutaar pola.

Tamizh.. The translation is " This news will be "Sensational" for you.

enakkum hindi konjam theriyum annae! I dunno abt lucky colors but kalaila ezhunthu en moonja patha anniki vilangina madhiri than! in that sense black is unlucky :P

mgb
3rd June 2006, 10:50 AM
kalaila ezhunthu en moonja patha anniki vilangina madhiri than!

unga nelamaiye apdina?? :roll: unga moonjula mathavanga muzhicha, avanga kadhi :shock:
naan kk nagar pakkame varamaatane inime :lol: