PDA

View Full Version : Do women like their men doing domestic work?

blahblah
30th October 2004, 11:47 AM
Hi guys,Did you really think your wife will appreciate you sharing her work at home? Read this:I went home a couple of days back early from work than usual.Since I knew that my wife was having a busy day at work I decided to help her out. :) I cleaned up the house,arranged the bed,made some snacks and tea for her.When I was washing the utensils I noticed some soaked clothes to be washed.I further proceeded to wash them all, which to tell you the truth :oops: included some of her clothes as well. :lol: When she came back she was quite happy to see the tea and snacks and the room cleaned.But when she saw that I have washed her clothes,she was hurt and embarrassed.Now she says she doesn't want me to do any work at home! :o Well now, do you think that was a genuine expression?If so what is the reason why she is hurt when she finds me working?Do atleast some women consider it more manly to be proud and lazy? :? You ladies are also welcome to answer. :idea:

Shakthiprabha.
30th October 2004, 02:16 PM
blah blah,

ITS ABSOLUTELY FINE, for a man to do domenstic job,
or share soem domestic burden.

Whilst doing domestic work, there is no question of
who is ENTITLED TO DO IT. The only concern should be
WHO IS FREE to it.

period.

My husband occassionaly helps with dish washing. (Though
he does not dare to investigate on his other skills...esp cooking!)

May be I REPEAT MAYYY be, ur wife was hurt, because,
some specific job which u did, might have embarassed her. :oops:

Good luck all to domestic workers (Remember Sex no bar!)

Hemant Trived1
30th October 2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Blah2,
Women do like men doing domestic work .
But they hate to give them credit for that.

Especially in cooking !!!.
This poor soul never gets the due credit . :(

All Glory is cornered by wife when guests praise the dish prepared by me....sob...sob...sob...!! :evil:

Just kiddin,
Yes, they hate to share the limelight.

nirosha sen
30th October 2004, 05:21 PM
Blah2 : We're brought up to clean our underwear because of menses!! Perhaps, that's why she was so embarassed by your kind gesture. Sigh ...
we Indians find all sorts of excuses not to say a plain THANK YOU!!

Even in movies, I find it ridiculous when wives feel slighted to have husbands apologise or thank them. No wonder we are doomed as door-mats!

Cygnus
30th October 2004, 08:56 PM
Quite true Nirosha, women even after many years of marriage have this self-imposed unequal status by virtue of which they think it's awful to have one's husband wash their clothes or do what is "rightfully" their chore :(

I think as Shahkthi pointed out as before, helping with dishes and general cleaning should be split among husbands and wives, may be based on who is free to do it at the time.

Hemant, please we do share the limelight with husbands, for most women, it's the female members of the in-law household thay they have a problem with!

And absolutely no, I don't know of any contemporary woman who thinks being lazy is manly!!

Tea, snacks, clean house, washed clothes would just floor me, as they do often :) :wink:

Shekhar
31st October 2004, 10:30 AM
blah blah,

You have an excellent wife who minds your doing house hold work. Why do you want to spoil her, and endanger freedom of other husbands by setting a very dangerous example? !!

And don't listen to Shakti for whom ITS ABSOLUTELY FINE, for a man to do domenstic job. ( my sympathies to her husband!)
My wife also tried to reform me! But my selective deafness has saved me so far!! :)

nirosha sen
31st October 2004, 11:22 AM
Mine doesn't help in the kitchen either. But to be fair, with the kids, he's wonderful! My daughter who is 6, still prefers to bathe only when her Acha herds her into the bathroom. So at least, he helps out in something. And yes, he's good at squeezing out murukkus too.

So, a bit of help from a spouse is much appreciated!!

Shakthiprabha.
31st October 2004, 08:14 PM
And don't listen to Shakti for whom ITS ABSOLUTELY FINE, ( my sympathies to her husband!)

:evil:

:P Believe me he is very happy helping me. He feels its the purpose
of his life :lol: :oops:

My wife also tried to reform me! But my selective deafness has saved me so far!! :)

:lol: My sympathies for ur selective deafness and yeah ur better half who puts up with the selective deafness :lol:

It is not WHAT HELP THEY DO, itis AT WHAT TIME THEY DO WHICH MATTERS.

Help of one human being to another. No man vs woman talk .

:wink:

I am happier when my husband helps me in dusting and taking caer of my kid, RATHER THAN cooking, which he is scared to try his skills.

Off the track....

(Nirosha, I thought u are 'SEN' so how do SEN'S do murukku? Is it 'chakki'
u refer to?)

:cry: Till now, I never get those twists in perfect south indian, murukku
which I try to make. :cry:

Cygnus
31st October 2004, 10:20 PM
The inevitability of such topics as this, is that eventually some self-righteous preserver of the 'old order' is going to claim that men have yielded their bastions to the fair (read weak) sex and that they are to be pitied for their pathetic existence. No wonder at all that it should happen here :x

Hemant Trived1
1st November 2004, 05:44 AM
I would hate to call you DEAR ANBU so just Anbu will do, :evil:

Most evolved hunter in animal kingdom (After hman beings) are Lions and Hyenas. 8)

It would do you good if you know that 90 times out of 100, it is lionesses that hunt and Lions come and literally drive away lionesses first to have their first bellyful.

Same way, Hyenas do not have a place for males in the inner circle where females rule the roost.
Males have no part in their society except procreation. :lol:

So may be in natur's matrix, being female dominated society means better evolution....Who knows?

Hemant

blahblah
1st November 2004, 11:19 AM
:D Hi all,I welcome all your views.I think we better agree to disagree.So I consider this Anbu fellow,the guest who makes her boy friend do all her er.. works :oops: and the real men, :twisted: Shekhar and Cygnus the same.Cygnus says the weaker sex should be pitied for their pathetic existence.That they are physically weaker is the very reason I help her at home. :D Physical power was the rule for success in the stone age.It is no more valid.You don't win even your woman's heart with that.

NOV
1st November 2004, 12:14 PM
I would hate to call you DEAR ANBU so just

Dear Hemant and others
Please do not respond to the trouble-monger, who has masqueraded as someone else (Surya, Anbu, and a few other names as well.)

Cygnus
1st November 2004, 05:41 PM
:D Hi all,I welcome all your views.I think we better agree to disagree.So I consider this Anbu fellow,the guest who makes her boy friend do all her er.. works :oops: and the real men, :twisted: Shekhar and Cygnus the same.Cygnus says the weaker sex should be pitied for their pathetic existence.That they are physically weaker is the very reason I help her at home. :D Physical power was the rule for success in the stone age.It is no more valid.You don't win even your woman's heart with that.

blahblah, please read both my posts again, I am a woman and proud of it!!! :) My second post was a comment regarding Shekhar's stereotypical views :)

"....they are to be pitied......."
'they' here is the men who have yielded to the women according to the 'preservers of the old order' :)

Shekhar
2nd November 2004, 10:07 AM
Cygnus,

My remarks to blah blah was in a lighter vein not to be taken at face value. Shakti understands me well.

If you want to really know my opinion..

I have nothing against a husband doing house hold chores. It is my house as well. What I cannot digest is the wife claiming it a bounden duty of the husband to help her in chores. I go out to earn livelihood for the family. I have my work and stresses and strains which are never less than the stresses and strains of my wife at home. I look after my daughter right to tying her shoe lace, not because it is my duty but because I love to do it.
And there are many work in the house which needs a man to do. I do all that. Women need not scoff at my resentment to cook or wash dishes. All this presuming the wife doesnot go out for work. If she does then it is between them to decide who does what.

By the way I couldnot understand your being proud to be a woman. I can be proud of what kind of a man I have made myself to be, not simply that I am born a man.

Shakti, do you really know your husband cannot cook well? May be he is pretending not to get into a permanent trap. :) Let me tell you, any man who can cook, can cook well!! :D

Roshan
2nd November 2004, 10:27 AM
shekhar,

That was a nice post :) and I enjoyed reading your previous post too. It was really funny with your usual sense of humour :lol:

cyg,

Shekhar is an old hubber and a good friend of us. I had always envied his great sense of humour :)

and shekhar,

I think i should introduce cygnus to you. She is relatively a new hubber and a member of our home thread 'ulagam enbathu ethhtani pEr' :)

Roshan
2nd November 2004, 10:36 AM
I can be proud of what kind of a man I have made myself to be, not simply that I am born a man.

That was the quote of the day Shekhar!

Roshan
2nd November 2004, 10:47 AM
And I'm sure, Cygnus (and all the other women hubbers here including myself) is proud of what kind of a woman she has made herself to be, not simply that she is born a woman.

Am I right Cyg ? :)

blahblah
2nd November 2004, 11:01 AM
Hi Cygnus,Sorry,I understood the mistake as soon as I wrote it. :oops: I have forwaded an apology to your private inbox yesterday itself.
And For Shekhar,we all understand that your remarks were in lighter mood :lol: and that's why I would like to see you again on this thread. :D

Shekhar
2nd November 2004, 05:51 PM
Hi Roshan,

Nice to see you here. :D It's a pity you all drove me out of Ulgam thread!

Btw, where is smiley!!

Bdolf Hilter
2nd November 2004, 10:38 PM
XYZ

Cygnus
3rd November 2004, 12:40 AM
Firstly, blahblah, apologies accepted, I did not see your message when I posted my reply :)

Secondly, Shekhar, your explanation of the 'humorous remark' is appreciated. I often don't see the humor in such comments that refer to "poor husbands" in the context of the wife being an equal in the marital relationship. On the other hand, "poor wives" are not meant to be funny but are only used to denote serious issues. The fact that words such as "uxorious" and "hen-pecked" have to be coined for a doting and considerate husband when no such equivalent terms exist for a loving and devoted wife, is beyond my comprehension. So, there are limitations to the love extended to a wife by her husband but not vice-versa :?: :roll:

I do tend to over react sometimes given that I have seen quite a few instances where the "humor" has been un-called for, so there... :)

Without the kind of self-assertion that comes with the unique set of experiences in one's life, one cannot declare being proud of what he/she is, so I can't be just proud of being born a woman, although I should say that growing up with only brothers and no sisters made me wish I had been a boy, certainly not any more :)

Roshan, thank you for the formal intro. I have indeed, read Shekhar's discussions in the ulagam thread and elsewhere. :)

Roshan
3rd November 2004, 09:47 AM
Hi Roshan,

It's a pity you all drove me out of Ulgam thread!

Hey!!! When did we do that :?: :shock: and how can we do that to you Shekhar? :o We'd love to see you there, with your excellent humour and pearls of wisdom. Please do drop in when ever possible :)

Shekhar
4th November 2004, 09:44 AM
No No Roshan, you didn't do anything intentionally. You all went on and on in swahili and I quietly left.

Cygnus,

We all see what we want to see. We believe the partial truths that we have seen, as the complete truth. That's why being a bit cynical about hard perspectives helps us in exposing our mind to broader realities.
I spice my remarks with humour because I want to erase ego and add tentativeness to my vision of life, so that it doesn't hurt anybody.
Forumhub is an opportunity for us to open up our closed minds and broaden our horizons. But instead we foolishly fritter away this opportunity by involving in assertions of our own views derived on limited life experiences.

blahblah
4th November 2004, 01:20 PM
Hi B or C :twisted: dolf Hitler,If you don't want to iron or wash,simply don't do that :wink: .Why should you burn your on shirt :?: Doing some domestic work and cooking etc.. is for people who really want to do it 8) and who really want to see less working load on their women.

Bdolf Hilter
5th November 2004, 12:01 AM
XYZ

blahblah
5th November 2004, 11:06 AM
Dear er...Hilter :twisted: ,I didn't see that misplaced 'L' :lol: .Any way I think you have got a case too. :lol: Proceed.

Shakthiprabha.
5th November 2004, 01:18 PM
It is HILTER and not that DELETEDevil Führer

Ahaa!! :roll:
Yet another OPITICAL ILLUSION :lol:

Sandeep
5th November 2004, 11:48 PM
I am Bachelor. Is it really so tough to lead a married life.

Any tips

Shekhar
6th November 2004, 09:51 AM
Dear Sandeep,

Getting into marriage is like getting into a circus. Whether you become a trapeze artist, or a joker or a handy man depends upon you and your luck! More skillful you are, better are your chances of survival :)

blahblah
6th November 2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Sandeep,May be Shekhar has his own experience :twisted: .From my experience,it is anything but a circus.Marriage is the union of two hearts which understand each other :) .For people who can share and forgive it is sheer bliss and fulfilment of life :D .For those who are selfish and think their wants should always be satisfied,it may be hard to enjoy the relationship :roll: .

Bdolf Hilter
7th November 2004, 01:41 AM
XYZ

Shekhar
8th November 2004, 09:52 AM
Marriage is the union of two hears which understand each other. For people who can share and forgive it is sheer bliss and fulfilment of life :D . .

Sure!! We understand each other perfectly. :) My wife always shares mine, and I always forgive :D

Sandeep
8th November 2004, 08:12 PM
Marriage is the union of two hearts which understand each other :). For people who can share and forgive it is sheer bliss and fulfilment of life :D .For those who are selfish and think their wants should always be satisfied,it may be hard to enjoy the relationship :roll: .

More skillful you are, better are your chances of survival

I think i will try blahblah's advise (share and forgive technique) 8) . If it doesnt workout Shekar's plan will come handy (skillfully make my wife feel I am all for 'share and forgive' :idea: ).

nirosha sen
9th November 2004, 05:51 AM
Haha......You guys crack me up this early in the morning. I'm with coffee in hand and it's sloshing all over the place! So I better hurry out of here, harrassed husbands! This wife is too amused to stay. But I shall start my day with a chuckle or two instead!!

Have a nice ahem "harrassed and bemused" Day, y'all!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

blahblah
9th November 2004, 10:24 AM
Nirosha,This is too much :lol: .But who made the coffee?Yourself or your hus? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Alisha
9th November 2004, 10:56 AM
I am glad that this thread on domestic housework was started. This issue has been increasingly popular among young couples to seek for a divorce.

My husband and I recently counseled a couple and one of issue raised was on domestic house work.

It is hard to believe but it's true!!!!

blahblah
9th November 2004, 11:57 AM
You see Alisha,smart guys know what to talk about! 8)

Bdolf Hilter
10th November 2004, 11:53 PM
XYZ

geno
11th November 2004, 01:52 AM
Why are we talking about domestic work done by men. I swear you men are even better pregnants. :lol:

:D :D

But seriously bdolf! We'd be on the double to start working on the homefront, ever ready to acquiesce to HER majesty's orders! wont we?!! :wink:

BUT where is the wife? :cry: :cry: :cry:

gimme that hanky bdolf! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey ho!! u need that to wipe ur tears?!!!! tch tch tch!

:D :D :D

Bdolf Hilter
12th November 2004, 01:55 AM
XYZ

Bdolf Hilter
16th November 2004, 09:31 PM
XYZ

Gayathri
17th November 2004, 08:45 PM
The topic should be "Do women like their domestic work"?

To be honest, I dont like doing domestic work ;)

I like cooking though and the cleaning.. hate the cleaning, but he's good at it!!

Hemant Trived1
17th November 2004, 09:19 PM
Hello Dear Hubbers,

Don't know about what you all call as Domestic Work, but as an unwritten agreement, I look after the Kitchen in the evenings and My wife does the cooking in Mornings.
Even though she has never said that I am a good cook :D
But I know she loves my cooking .

Bdolf Hilter
17th November 2004, 10:51 PM
Hello Dear Hubbers,

Even though she has never said that I am a good cook :D
But I know she loves my cooking .

The most important thing is she cooks you during the night. :lol:

blahblah
18th November 2004, 10:32 AM
This fellow Bdolf is unbearable :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Bdolf Hilter
18th November 2004, 01:32 PM
This fellow Bdolf is unbearable :lol: :lol: :lol: .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why, I weigh only 63 Kg and am 180 cm tall or short, depending on your own height. I do bear my self. :lol: :lol:

Bdolf Hilter
18th November 2004, 03:52 PM
Hey folks,
don't be sad. I ahve decided to leave the forum and delting all my postings done before the 17.nov.

I have given the reason why in the ulagam enpathu ... thread.

Please don't get mad at me. :cry:

Roshan
18th November 2004, 04:09 PM
hey bdolf !!

Take it easy friend :) Please dont leave the Hub :) We do enjoy your humorous posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bdolf Hilter
18th November 2004, 04:39 PM
hey bdolf !!

Take it easy friend :) Please dont leave the Hub :) We do enjoy your humorous posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have already deleted my previous postings done before the 17th Nov.

I have asked this [deleted] admins and mods to explain their actions . Not a single word yet. Then I started the topic "Hub and Humour" and I told there that this page won't last atleast a day. They allow this [deleted] to post any shit. So I better keep off from this place. This Admins and mods don't have the ability to differ between assault, humour, black humour, sarcasm, ironie and RSS ideology.

In two days I'll even delete this posting!

I am really :cry: sorry :cry: for that!

But you don't know me, I'll go to RSS sites and give them headaches. Be sure about it.

blahblah
19th November 2004, 10:59 AM
Bdolf,stay here.I am only 56 kg and 160 cm tall[read short],but mind you, just last week I have beaten up one fellow who was 68 kg and uhm.. 180 cm tall :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .

nirosha sen
19th November 2004, 12:52 PM
Bdolf - At the expense of inciting your ire further, what is so wrong with the RSS??? Like the neo-Nazis of Germany, why don't we just acknowledge what some of these folks say as less than humbug????

I mean why not agree to disagree, agreeably?????? :)

Bdolf Hilter
20th November 2004, 12:16 AM
Bdolf - At the expense of inciting your ire further, what is so wrong with the RSS??? Like the neo-Nazis of Germany, why don't we just acknowledge what some of these folks say as less than humbug????

I mean why not agree to disagree, agreeably?????? :)

Have you been in the car and was set alite? If yes, you won't ask this question and already accompanying Graham Staines and sons. :cry:

Not the german neo-nazis are the only problem, there are more than a few.
Starting with the Blood And Honour (GB), Club 88 (8th letter in the alphabet is H, this means Club HH or Club Heil Hitler), Le Pen (Front Nationale, french democratic party gaining avg. about 15 %), Silvio Berlusconi, NPD (German Nazis). The tendency is climbing like it did after the reunification in 1990. Do you follow what is going on in The Netherlands at the moment?
The problem is not the nationalism anymore it is the global threat of this Racists. They are afraid that there is only 6-8% of whites among the Global population and therefore they have to be guarded before they disappear. Thats why Bettina dumped me, I guess. She wants to keep her folk free from backward dravidian genes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS
About Bettina it is a joke! She would even laugh at it, even now though the hardship is over. :lol:

Bdolf Hilter
20th November 2004, 12:26 AM
Bdolf,stay here.I am only 56 kg and 160 cm tall[read short],but mind you, just last week I have beaten up one fellow who was 68 kg and uhm.. 180 cm tall :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .

56 is a little bit too much for 160 I think. But better than 65 I guess.
It was not me because I weigh only 63 Kg. You could use me easily as a propeller and lift up boy. Anyway how did you tackle the height difference, used a pair of high heels?:lol: :lol:

davie
20th November 2004, 04:51 AM
i will not make my wife do chores or other house hold work (except cooking some days)
i will ask the babysitter to do such kind of work. life is not to work hard (except at the gym). live life the way it goes.
I am not married. my mom always scolds my dad for not cleaning the house or not taking part when she does work to maintain the house or gardens. Some times they both make a big issue of it.

Shekhar
20th November 2004, 09:59 AM
i will not make my wife do chores or other house hold work (except cooking some days)
i will ask the babysitter to do such kind of work. life is not to work hard (except at the gym). live life the way it goes.

davie, you should get married soon. you would make an ideal husband. And you should deckup grandiosely in the marriage! Well, sacrificial lambs are always decorated, aren't they?!! :D

nirosha sen
20th November 2004, 10:08 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Shekhar! Why do you guys insist on making me laugh this hard!!! You're terrible men!!!!

blahblah
20th November 2004, 10:48 AM
Davie,what if your baby sitter is on this hub too? :lol: Who will do the household work for her?Will you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surya
20th November 2004, 11:44 AM
:lol: @blahblah

Sandeep
22nd November 2004, 11:31 PM
I am not married. my mom always scolds my dad for not cleaning the house or not taking part when she does work to maintain the house or gardens. Some times they both make a big issue of it.

Will you at least let your wife earn to pay the baby sitter.:?: Pure gal she will also want to somehow contribute to your family :cry:

Querida
23rd November 2004, 11:50 AM
:D :lol: @ Shekhar and Blahblah...too much....much too much! :D :lol:

awwwww how sweet Davie...i guess you already have learned the art of over flattery.... :P but remember flattery gets you nowhere...but compromise might....you're on the right road to an extensive pre-nup for sure.... :wink: :P

Alisha
24th November 2004, 10:35 AM

Will you at least let your wife earn to pay the baby sitter.:?: Pure gal she will also want to somehow contribute to your family :cry:

Sandeep,

That was a good one.

mandangi
16th February 2005, 08:35 PM
I am not married. But if i get married i dont object if my wife ask me to help her in her work.

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2005, 10:03 PM
//Do atleast some women consider it more manly to be proud and lazy? //

high hopes :)) high hopes!

Pride is in doing things, NOT OBSTAINING FROM DOING IT.

Laziness well, women have it too... its not necessarily a man's quality.

Well NO PROBS, FOR MOST WOMEN FOR HER MAN TO SHARE THE WORK.
(IFFF HE SHARES I MEAN!)

mandangi
17th February 2005, 11:17 AM
There is nothing wrong in husband helping wife in house work. Husband who have real love on wife do not object to help his wife in any work.

lordstanher
25th February 2005, 02:35 PM
There is nothing wrong in husband helping wife in house work. Husband who have real love on wife do not object to help his wife in any work.

Yea I agree.....but unftly most Indian hubbies don't really hav tat inclination......this I've repeatedly felt, is due to the status of 'God' tat was imposed upon them by our culture.....hence most of them thot it below dig. to help their wives in housework....fortunately my dad wasn't tat way.....helped my mum in the kitchen when he cud :wink:
He even knew how to cook (but gave up after developing cataract and other ailments recently :cry: )....one of the reasons I felt the urge to learn cooking (besides the fact tat I'm living alone at present).....wudn't mind cooking even after I'm married, but only as an additional/occasional help to the other half :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2005, 02:54 PM
//this I've repeatedly felt, is due to the status of 'God' tat was imposed upon them by our culture.....//

Now,I new men thought themselves superior....

WHEN DID THEY START TO THINK THEY ARE GOD????????

Is this what is called godman? :))

__

Culture did not say Man is god or WOMAN is a slave.

Just like how we need to respect mother, father, guru, for caring, protecting, enlightening ..

man was considered superior because of his bread earning
capacity. Woman is supposed to be treated with UTMOST respect
by a man, because she nurses the man.

It is in this culture women were respected too. Unfortunately
though times changed, attitudes did not change.

Breadwinner is man(and/or) woman these days. When she shares
a man's work, a man is DUTIFULLY BOUND to share the work of his woman.

No question of anyone superior or inferior or any work superior or inferior. If working in kitchen is inferior, how come men take up catering and are successful caterers.

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2005, 02:55 PM
//Now,I new men thought themselves superior.... //

to be read as

now, I knew :(( :banghead:

a.ratchasi
25th February 2005, 03:16 PM
Sorry ladies.
I have to admit that I wont allow any man to do the chores!
Call me old fashioned...but...ratchasi is just another Indian gal who wants to take care of her home sweet home....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man cleaning?cooking? :lol: :lol:
I dont want one 'mess' to take care of another!
:lol: :lol: :twisted:

jaiganes
25th February 2005, 03:35 PM
Ratchasi ji!
If i remember correctly, you were the person who starved and then ordered a pizza, not knowing what to do in the kitchen. right? :?:

a.ratchasi
25th February 2005, 03:43 PM
JG, I dont know whether you are like this due to your congenital disease or bcos of the blonkings that you are 'showered' with daily.

Perhaps, it is the disorder that affects xy species only......

jaiganes
25th February 2005, 03:54 PM
I guess the right answer is all of the above :lol:

Coming back to the question why women are not professional caterers and why men are leading in that field, it is very simple to answer.
If a woman cooks at home, the other hapless members of the family have no go but to eat that. No escape for them.
If she goes to a hotel and cooks there, then the customers will escape and business will be doomed. That is the simple reason why women are allowed to get away with cooking at home. :idea: :lol: :lol:

Shekhar
25th February 2005, 03:55 PM
.this I've repeatedly felt, is due to the status of 'God' tat was imposed upon them by our culture

Status of God, My f**t
In which planet and in which period of history are you living in Lord!
We have surrendered everything to the wives!! We are only struggling not to get lowered to the status of handymen...
:D :roll: :lol:

You get married buddy, you will come to know that Lord doesn't rule the home, not to think of world!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2005, 04:02 PM
//We have surrendered everything to the wives!! We are only struggling not to get lowered to the status of handymen...//

Nice to know wise ppl like shekhar EXIST, to enlighten
the young folks :D

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2005, 04:04 PM
//Coming back to the question why women are not professional caterers and why men are leading in that field, it is very simple to answer.
If a woman cooks at home, the other hapless members of the family have no go but to eat that. No escape for them.
If she goes to a hotel and cooks there, then the customers will escape and business will be doomed. That is the simple reason why women are allowed to get away with cooking at home. //

Talkin seriously do u know why men make better cooks?

Cause, they POUR oil so liberally that the food SWIMS in oil.
Extra salt, chillies and what not, to make the food EXTRA
tasty.

There is somethign called nutrition and dietics. To cook
healthy and eat healthy. Men always
FAIL THERE. They can only be GOOD AS COOKS .period.:D

Health? what is thaaaaaaat? :P

a.ratchasi
25th February 2005, 04:27 PM
:lol: :lol:

JG, your post belongs to the joke a day thread!

Why are there more male 'professional' chefs around-that's your question, right?

Well, that's because he cooks with all the needed ingredients and apparatus provided forehand. There is no additional cleaning up involved before or after cooking. Btw, just for your info, chefs have kitchen help.

The chef do not require to serve food, do they?
Nor do they wash the dishes later?
Think not!

And once he gets back from home, my dear, do you seriously think he cooks at home, too?

You might say that a female chef gets the same privileges too.
Yes of course.
However, she gets back home does the cooking, cleans the kitchen, serves food, feeds the children and the overgrown one too.
Besides washing the dishes and what not.
Oh yeah, forgot other household chores that she has to do.

And what she gets in return: my amma makes better curry!
:evil:

jaiganes
25th February 2005, 08:24 PM
For the laughs:

Ratchasi wrote:

And what she gets in return: my amma makes better curry!
ahem.. correction. My appa makes better curry! :lol:

For some serious discussion...

SP ji!

I didn't just mean the professional chefs, All catering parties are dominated by men only. For proof please visit any sabha during chennai sangeetha kutcheri season and check for yourself.

Again to conclude on a funny note:
When it comes to cooking for large number of people, the person cooking also should be large hearted and not petty minded.
ahem....
naarayana naarayana
walks off in naaradhar touch

hehehewalrus
25th February 2005, 08:57 PM
Talkin seriously do u know why men make better cooks?

Cause, they POUR oil so liberally that the food SWIMS in oil.
Extra salt, chillies and what not, to make the food EXTRA
tasty.

I use the least amount of oil and spices when I cook. In fact i prefer eating most vegetables raw as that is healthier.

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2005, 10:24 PM
//When it comes to cooking for large number of people, the person cooking also should be large hearted and not petty minded.
ahem....
naarayana naarayana
walks off in naaradhar touch //

(Hey thx for calling SP ji..hopefully ppl dont mistake me as SP BALASUBRAMINAM :lol: high hopes !!)

I fail to get u there!? What exactly u mean by saying, petty mindedness is of no help when it comes to large quantities?

Woman knows HOW MUCH TO COOk, not only how HEALTHY TO COOK.
Men can cook, they make delicious cooks, no negating that fact.
They cook in large quantities which sadly lands up
at garbage bin next day. (Carry over the left overs? aw shucks!
Never haerd of that have we?)

hw,(thats hehehewalrus)

//I use the least amount of oil and spices when I cook. In fact i prefer eating most vegetables raw as that is healthier.//

Thats GREAT! There are exceptions everywhere aint not? I remember one dd drama which goes this way.... (translated in english)

x: I need to eat healthy food, cook a greens on monday, b greens
on tues, raw veg on wed, salad on thurs, fruits on friday, and mix veg with least oil and half boiled on sat..

y: I have a better suggestion, like how u eat fruits and
raw veg, why DONT U go and graze around the garden and finish
off ur greens?

:)

Happy cooking hw :)

lordstanher
26th February 2005, 11:25 AM
Status of God, My f**t
In which planet and in which period of history are you living in Lord!

Shekhar Babu,
Assuming by ur name tat u r a hindu, surely u must've heard tat until um- not too long ago, women in our religion were required to consider their hubbies as God cos he was usually the eldest in his successive family plus he was the sole provider of the entire family.....now u understand y all those women wud touch their hubbies' feet & even call em as 'Swami' (eg. in AP)....? :P
Even had a discussion on this in the thread titled "Indian culture" if u r inclined to chek out.....

We have surrendered everything to the wives!! We are only struggling not to get lowered to the status of handymen... :D :roll: :lol: !

Tat's true :wink:
u try askin ur wife to consider u as God here onwards and she'll turn into the sole provider, ie, providing u the sole of her sandal :wink: :lol:

You get married buddy, you will come to know that Lord doesn't rule the home, not to think of world!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fyi, I always opposed the belief of wife considering her hubby as God neways...... :roll:.....thot tats wat I conveyed even in my comments here!

lordstanher
26th February 2005, 11:30 AM
Now,I new men thought themselves superior....
WHEN DID THEY START TO THINK THEY ARE GOD????????

As I've told Shekhar, u'll find a discussion I had w/ sum o the other members on this in the thread titled "Indian culture"....

Culture did not say Man is god or WOMAN is a slave.
Just like how we need to respect mother, father, guru, for caring, protecting, enlightening ...................

Its ok, relaaaax :wink:
this belief doesn't exist nemore- afa I know! So peace!

NM
27th February 2005, 07:42 PM
I don't see any problem with this topic..
My mom is an excellent cook. Dad cooks very well. My brothers are good cooks too, one of them make very good cakes!! Hey...don't mistake me (msg to JG :lol: ) - I do cook, too..
I don't think it's a crime to let men cook or for men to learn cooking.
As long they don't mess up the kitchen/ fridge etc after cooking, of course!!! :evil: :evil:

Lordstanher,
I too have read abt what you've said abt treating husbands as GOD (IN THE PAST!!) ..thank God, it's not the case now... :D :D

jaiganes
28th February 2005, 09:26 AM
NM wrote:

I do cook, too..
And who eats that????
I hope and pray to GOD that it is for self consumption... :lol: :wink: :lol:

a.ratchasi
28th February 2005, 09:31 AM
Prarie ke teriyumma camphor vaasanai?

NM
28th February 2005, 09:35 AM
Prarie ke teriyumma camphor vaasanai?Theriyaathu poleirrukkuthu, ratchasi..! :lol:

jaiganes
28th February 2005, 09:41 AM
Ratchasi wrote:

Prarie ke teriyumma camphor vaasanai?
for your info ladies!
prarie has one of the best sense of smell in the animal kingdom.
It is quite possible that people consuming NM's recipes have questionable sense of taste!! :wink: :lol:

NM
28th February 2005, 09:55 AM
for your info ladies!
prarie has one of the best sense of smell in the animal kingdom.
It is quite possible that people consuming NM's recipes have questionable sense of taste!! :wink: :lol: yeah..for those who have not tried....here it is...
i) Cut up JG to six square pieces and marinate with blah blah's sauce :lol: :lol:
ii) Boil shekhar in a pan for 4 hours
iii) Add walrus (cut in 20 portions) to taste
iv) finally, add the marinated JG and mix well before baking int he oven!! This is to be served in a very large oval plate for the femmes to enjoy.... :poke: :poke:

Roshan
28th February 2005, 09:59 AM
hahaha good one NM :lol:

Shekhar boiling for 4 hours !! :shock: that's very interesting :lol:

a.ratchasi
28th February 2005, 09:59 AM
Here's a less 'gory' reply to JG:

It is quite possible that people consuming NM's recipes have questionable sense of taste!! :wink: :lol:

I am sure NM's recipes are are meant for people, JG, not for a grass/shrub eating prarie like you.

And for your best sense of smell :lol: :lol:, do you want me to list your consumption list?

Anyways, NM, your 'secret' recipe it will put the boys back in place! :wink:

NM
28th February 2005, 10:03 AM
hahaha good one NM :lol:

Shekhar boiling for 4 hours !! :shock: that's very interesting :lol: yes, roshan, as I was writing this up, it reminded me of the famous Singapore Curry murder case ages ago!! Woman accused of cutting up her hubby and cooked curry ...!! :roll: :shock: :shock:

jaiganes
28th February 2005, 10:03 AM
Praries theorem:

It is quite possible that people consuming NM's recipes have questionable sense of taste!!

Proof :

According to NM:

finally, add the marinated JG and mix well before baking int he oven!! This is to be served in a very large oval plate for the femmes to enjoy....

Hence proven! :wink:

NM
28th February 2005, 10:04 AM
Praries theorem:

It is quite possible that people consuming NM's recipes have questionable sense of taste!!

Proof :

According to NM:

finally, add the marinated JG and mix well before baking int he oven!! This is to be served in a very large oval plate for the femmes to enjoy....

Hence proven! :wink:
Hi JG, how is HELL?? Bet you're there right now... :roll: :roll: :twisted:

jaiganes
28th February 2005, 10:06 AM
Roshan wrote:

Shekhar boiling for 4 hours !! that's very interesting
No Roshan! thats called "being married".

Ratchasi wrote:

do you want me to list your consumption list?
No Thanks Ratchasi! you can't smell most of them. :wink: :wink:

jaiganes
28th February 2005, 10:10 AM
NM wrote:

Hi JG, how is HELL?? Bet you're there right now...
Yep! I guess I am there. I see a lot of women cooking men! :lol: :wink:
NM also wrote:

Woman accused of cutting up her hubby and cooked curry ...!!
Lucky guy! Didn't have to live with one! he he he :lol: :wink: :lol:

Roshan
28th February 2005, 10:13 AM
hahaha JG,

Good ones !! :lol:

NM
28th February 2005, 10:16 AM
NM also wrote:

Woman accused of cutting up her hubby and cooked curry ...!!
Lucky guy! Didn't have to live with one! he he he :lol: :wink: :lol:Very good analysis, indeed!!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

scorpio
28th February 2005, 10:17 AM
I use the least amount of oil and spices when I cook. In fact i prefer eating most vegetables raw as that is healthier.

Hi hhhw,

Usually, I keep the hub window minimized so as to only read the posts ( It is a bit disturbing for others in office to see all avataars you see!). When I read yr post, I thought it was by Mandangi for that typical assertiveness, what-I-do-is-always-right type of attitude and punchy with few words. Bit shocked to see it is by hehehewalrus.

hehehe!

jaiganes
28th February 2005, 10:20 AM
NM wrote:

Very good analysis, indeed!!!
Thanks! we are men you see...
Takes a virtual bow

Cinefan
28th February 2005, 10:44 AM
Jai,kalakkungappa,kalakkunga,naa intha discussion- ke varale. :)

blahblah
28th February 2005, 04:45 PM

Hi hhhw,

Usually, I keep the hub window minimized so as to only read the posts ( It is a bit disturbing for others in office to see all avataars you see!). When I read yr post, I thought it was by Mandangi for that typical assertiveness, what-I-do-is-always-right type of attitude and punchy with few words. Bit shocked to see it is by hehehewalrus.

hehehe!

Yes,that was a typical mandangi from walrus.Now!Is this the.....? :?
Who knows what's going on in this hub! :twisted:

scorpio
28th February 2005, 04:51 PM
Blahblah,

Did u notice the absence of an extraordinarily confident and beautiful member from the hub today? :wink:

blahblah
28th February 2005, 04:58 PM
I stopped digging up graves Scorpio!There are no pearls on corpses.By the way there are substitues for occassional fun,right? :wink:

Shekhar
28th February 2005, 05:19 PM
Boil me for four hours!!

What do you think my wife has been doing to me all these years. I have become a well cooked, seasoned husband... :lol: :lol:

When women who could boil Shekhar, cut up walrus, fry JG, are chasing the innocent, beautiful person, how can he stay however confident he is!! :lol: He must have run for his life...
Congrats Scorpio.... :P :P :lol:

NM
28th February 2005, 05:41 PM
We had real FUN, Shekhar :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

a.ratchasi
1st March 2005, 06:17 AM
Roshan wrote:

Shekhar boiling for 4 hours !! that's very interesting
No Roshan! thats called "being married".:

:lol: :lol: JG, that was witty!!

Ratchasi wrote:

do you want me to list your consumption list?
No Thanks Ratchasi! you can't smell most of them. :wink: :wink:

As though I wished! :poke:

jaiganes
1st March 2005, 08:38 AM
Ratchasi wrote:

As though I wished!
Even if your wishes were NM's flying horses, they can't smell camphor and the same for you! :notworthy: :poke: :tongueout:

a.ratchasi
1st March 2005, 08:53 AM
Aawww, JG, poor prarie.....I will stop here alright...certainly I have limits. :D :wink: :wink:

jaiganes
1st March 2005, 10:18 AM
This is a joke I read in kumudham couple of weeks back. IT is in line with the topic under discussion. For ppl who can't follow Thamizh in english, I am sorry coz there is no fiz in the translation
Woman #1: why do u call your husband "Dhanda Kozhambu"
Woman #2: coz he cooks rice well, I can't call him "Dhanda soaru"

Querida
1st March 2005, 10:26 AM
:lol: thanx i'll keep that in mind :P

jaiganes
8th April 2005, 03:48 PM
do they or don't they?

scorpio
8th April 2005, 03:55 PM
They do as long as it doesn't mean more work for them (like clearing up the mess etc) :wink:

jaiganes
8th April 2005, 03:58 PM
Lazy women.... :wink:

hehehewalrus
8th April 2005, 04:12 PM
This is a joke I read in kumudham couple of weeks back. IT is in line with the topic under discussion. For ppl who can't follow Thamizh in english, I am sorry coz there is no fiz in the translation
Woman #1: why do u call your husband "Dhanda Kozhambu"
Woman #2: coz he cooks rice well, I can't call him "Dhanda soaru"

:rotfl:

hehehewalrus
8th April 2005, 04:13 PM
They do as long as it doesn't mean more work for them (like clearing up the mess etc) :wink:

my mother used to say that my efforts to help only resulted in double work :P

jaiganes
8th April 2005, 04:17 PM
walrus wrote:

my mother used to say that my efforts to help only resulted in double work

So much for all that ocean engineering study! :roll: :lol:

blahblah
8th April 2005, 04:35 PM
my mother used to say that my efforts to help only resulted in double work :P

Nothing unusual.My wife says that all the time.

JG,Don't take examples wrongly and through garbage all over your place with the hope of skipping work.If your wife is good enough you may have to work on that too then. :lol:

jaiganes
8th April 2005, 09:44 PM
Hello I am not the one who uses other members of the family as clothes stand. OK ?