PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on Hindhi Movies

Surya
21st May 2006, 04:02 AM
Just give ur revies for hindhi movies here.

I just saw Being Cyrus Startting Saif. AWESOME MOVIE!!! 8-)

Very good plot, surpricing ending, briliantly shot, etc etc

It ROCKS!! 8-)

Aandavan
22nd May 2006, 06:24 PM

It ROCKS!! 8-)being cyrus is an english movie.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

nickraman
23rd May 2006, 01:51 AM
According to Oscar Ravichandran, Aparichit (Anniyan's hindi dub) is a super-hit. Vikram, Prakash Raj, Sada and Vivek became an instant success. Vikram recently went to Mumbai for the reaction and he said it was marvelous. People still think Aparichit/Anniyan is a larger-than-life hero. Unlike Nayak, Aparichit proved it's mettle successfully. People were applauded by Vivek's humor that critics wondered why Priyadarshan (comedy director) never sought to him (course he did in the south ala "Lesa Lesa".)

Surya
23rd May 2006, 04:16 AM

It ROCKS!! 8-)being cyrus is an english movie.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I meant Bollywood! :roll: :roll:

Anywayz,
have u seen it? I thought it was excellent! 8-)

romio
28th May 2006, 12:30 AM
Faana is just an average movie ok first half lots of songs +points kajol perfomance - mark movie is 3.10 hrs :x and a bad climax
HE(Aamir Khan) & KAJOL are dying in the end .

Surya
28th May 2006, 02:04 AM
:o :( :cry: :P

In that case, I guess it's good that Fanaa and Krrish didn't clash, It would have been a very greusome death for Fanaa. :cry: :P :P

great
28th May 2006, 08:57 AM
:o :( :cry: :P

In that case, I guess it's good that Fanaa and Krrish didn't clash, It would have been a very greusome death for Fanaa. :cry: :P :P

:lol: :lol: Machi ekada chudandi

On the whole, FANAA is a beautifully written, effectively acted and meticulously crafted effort that is likely to remind many viewers of a simple axiom: A movie doesn't have to be groundbreaking to be compelling. At the box-office, the film has already embarked on a record-breaking start and thanks to [i] the massive print count, [ii] the 12-14-16 shows being performed at movieplexes every single day and [iii] the inflated ticket rates will yield rich dividends in days to come. The first weekend business will be historic, the first week billing will be unprecedented and in the wake of no major oppositions for the next two weeks, FANAA will attain the 'Hit' status in a matter of days. In short, FANAA is yet another landmark film in the remarkable and enviable repertoire of Yash Raj

:thumbsup: fanaa is rocking

Sandeep
29th May 2006, 02:26 PM
Most reviews are saying Kajol is the only thing to watch. Even Amir is said to be uninspiring. :(

Movie may succeed in Box office because of the hype, but dont think even average filmgoer will enjoy.

romio
29th May 2006, 03:13 PM
Fanaa :? review

Starring: Aamir Khan, Kajol

Director: kunal Kohli

Alright, so it's finally here, the film we've been discussing for days now and the film we've been eager to see for some months. Hum Tum director Kunal Kohli's Fanaa starring Aamir Khan and Kajol is this week's big new Bollywood release.

At its heart, it's a love story between a blind girl from Kashmir and a tour guide she falls for on a trip to Delhi. They sing songs, they do some sight-seeing, they make love -- and then he vanishes, convincing her that he's dead.

Seven years later he runs into her again. By now she's regained her sight, she has a son from her relationship with him, but she doesn't recognise him. Oh and yes, there's one more hitch -- he's a terrorist and she doesn't know it.

Eventually he reveals to her that he's the man she loved and the father of her son, and that he's never stopped loving her. She hasn't either. The couple marries, but she still doesn't know what he does for a living. When she does stumble upon his real identity, she must ask herself if this is really the man she's always loved.

The problems in Fanaa start pouring out from the very start of the film, and most of its flaws arise from its careless script and its fractured screenplay. Now I've complained incessantly about how films like Pyare Mohan and Tom Dick And Harry are insensitive towards the handicapped, and in Fanaa, I find that the problem's a little different, but it's there nonetheless.

Kajol's mother Kiron Kher practically badgers her blind daughter into finding a soulmate when she leaves for the Capital. It seems almost obligatory for this blind girl to come back with a partner who will have her. So much so that nobody even blinks an eyelid when she's being wooed passionately by an incorrigibly flirtatious tour guide.

In fact, her friends encourage her to respond to his advances, and the parents are overjoyed when she tells them she's found a partner. I could be wrong but I find that this attitude is completely regressive...

The film's first-half in particular is campy as hell, with Aamir spouting cheesy shayiri and the kind of one-liners that make you cringe with embarrassment. And then, I suppose in these times of instant coffee and instant noodles, nobody finds it strange that this couple meet, they fall in love, and they even sleep together ALL in seven days!

Fine, but I'm not going to overlook the fact that the film is full of all these creative liberties or freakish coincidences -- call them what you may. Whether it's the fact that she miraculously gets her eyesight back after one random surgery, or that years later when he's battling for life and death whose doorstep does he land up on but hers.

Even the fact that she doesn't recognise him from his voice when she meets him years later. You know your typical Hindi films are full of such inaccuracies and liberties, but this is hardly the stuff you expect from an Aamir Khan picture which is always positioned as being more real and smarter than the rest!

My most basic problem with Fanaa really is that it's so darn boring. The film drags on and on without either purpose or plot. It's dull and it's slow and it really tests your patience because you know exactly what's going to happen, yet you have to wait for the film to unfold at it's own leisurely pace.

The screenplay is littered with songs that aren't particularly hummable and they only further slacken the film's pace. Now of the actors, Aamir Khan is efficient, but he's saddled with such a poorly-written character that you can't even blame him for failing to rise above the script.

After all, till the end of the film he seems this wishy-washy guy who can't decide if his heart is really set upon the mission that he's on, or if he's doing it because he's being made to. It is undeniably Kajol who steals the show -- not because of a sterling performance because there's no great histrionics expected here -- but because she has this presence on screen that's unparalleled by her contemporaries.

She looks a million bucks and she infuses life into that role. As for their chemistry together, alas, it just isn't there! In the end, as you leave the cinema after a screening of Fanaa, you feel almost like you're coming back from war.

It's been a loooong three hours in there, and what you remember at the end are the glaring inconsistencies... Shot remarkably by cinematographer Ravi K Chandran, the film is neatly packaged but it completely lacks soul. Then that's two out of five and a thumbs down for director Kunal Kohli's Fanaa, a film that fails to engage you. It's a disappointment, no question about it.

Rating: 2 / 5 (Average)

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/im-not-saying-sorry-aamir-khan/11521-3.html

ssanjinika
30th May 2006, 07:22 PM
romio ,I understand that you were dissappointed in the movie..but that does not give you the rights to spoil the movie for the people who are interested in watching it!!!!Why would you post a spoiler and reveal the climax for people like me who doesnt even read reviews because they give away too much !!!
Really a horrid thing to do!!!!

Surya
31st May 2006, 05:33 AM
Fanaa.....:( :? :D :huh:

Surya
31st May 2006, 05:38 AM
I saw a 3 Hindhi Movies @ my friends place this weekend since she has a huge collection of them

I saw

Family - Starring Big B, Akshay Kumar, and Bhooms.

Hulchul - Akshay Kanna, Kareena Kapoor, Sunil Shetti etc.

Ek Ajnabee - Big B.

I liked Family, it was a good movie. I'd recommend it to many. I liked how the movie starts somewhere, and goes somewhere completly different. 8-)

I didn't like Hulchul. It was the usual south indian Love type movie. It IS Priyadharshan so yeah...Kinda boring...Kareena Kapoor is CUTE though!! :P :P

Out of the 3 movies I saw this weekend, I liked Ek Ajnabee the BEST!!! EXCELLENT!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!! AWESOME!!!! 8-)

It's a remake of the Dezel Washington starrer Man On Fire. Ek Ajnabee is a MUST SEE FOR ALL INDIANS!! The MOVIE ROCKS!!! 8-)

Big - B as an avenger, Bodyguard, Colonel.....WOW!! HE ROCKS!! 8-)

EK AJNABEE...A MUST SEE!! 8-)

romio
31st May 2006, 11:02 AM
Sanjinika Sorry dear :(
Next time i will put on my review a [Spoiler Alert!] ]Before i give information gives detailed hints :lol2:
Fanaa :huh: :banghead: If you still decide to go watch it, good luck. After all I've warned you already..

Surya macha Did Abhishek Bachan make a guest appearance in Ek Ajnabee ? :)

Surya
31st May 2006, 11:07 AM
Romio Machi,

Yeah!! For the last 4 seconds of the movie....

Amithabh Bachan: So Who is Your Bodyguard?

The Girl: There.

The Camera Pans to a Black Mervedes Benz. A Well Dressed man Steps Out ( the face is yet to be seen ) *Background Music:: They Don't Know...Who Is He...."* They show a pistol in this hip gun holster, and the camera pans to his face, and it's Abishek Bachan! Little Bachan! 8-)

It was completly irrelevent to the plot of the movie, but it was still pretty cool. 8-) :P

romio
31st May 2006, 11:28 AM
Cool 8-)

Abhishek's Upcomming Movies

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna - KaranJohar
Guru - Maniratnam
Umrao Jaan - J.P. Dutta
Dhoom 2
Sarkar 2 - RGV

Back TO Back Blockbusters ? :roll:

ssanjinika
31st May 2006, 07:50 PM
Its ok romio..you were just pouring out your frustrations.I understand that somtimes some movies get to us.But next time pls do put a spoiler alert.
WAs planning to watch it this weekend,but now I think i'll wait for the DVDs.A lot of sites have not given a good verdict for the movie :(
Too bad I was expecting a great movie :cry:

selvakumar
31st May 2006, 07:58 PM
THALAIVI KAJOLUKKAAGAVAE ETHANAI THADAVAI VENAALUM PAARKALAAM :P :P

Surya
6th June 2006, 12:15 AM
I saw Taxi Number 9100 (or something) - Starring Nana Patekar & John Abraham.

It looks like it's a remake of the Ben Affleck, Samuel L Jackson Starrer "Changing Lanes" I liked it. 8-) Not bad. It was different, entertaining, and thought provoking. 8-)

I also saw BLUFFMASTER. 8-) - Abhisek Bachan, Nana Patekar and Priyanka Chopra. 8-)

It was a mixture of a couple of Hollywood Flicks.

It's screenplay, BGM, and Dialouges seem like they were deeply inspired by "Ocean's Eleven" starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Julia Roberts.

Story wise, it seems to a like a lift off of the Micheal Douglas starrer "The Game" The last few mins of BLUFFMASTER is almost an exact copy of "The Game" I didn't like BLUFFMASTER that much, because it wasn't original at all! :roll:

I"m gonna watch "Zinda" sometime this week. 8-)

ssanjinika
6th June 2006, 12:34 AM
Watched Gangster * Emraan Hashmi,new girl and shiney Ajuha.

The story is not bad.Something different and well acted out.What puts one off the movie is the cinematography..Agreed its a gangster movie but is there any reason not to show any color in a gangster movie??Its all dark..no brightness at all.
Cant truely say I liked the movie..but its def worth a watch.
BTW the songs are just awesome!!Really really good!!

Arthi
7th June 2006, 05:35 PM
Has anyone seen FANNA Picture?
I want to know abt this picture.

Surya
7th June 2006, 11:28 PM
I hear that it's a dissappointment. :(

Ramakrishna
7th June 2006, 11:37 PM

First half is too good
Second half is a rubber

Surya
7th June 2006, 11:39 PM
Oh ok..

HOw is it Revenue wise? Hit? Average? Flop?

Ramakrishna
7th June 2006, 11:42 PM
Oh ok..

HOw is it Revenue wise? Hit? Average? Flop?

Revenue wise hit in bangalore.

Surya
8th June 2006, 12:01 AM
Cool. 8-)

Arthi
8th June 2006, 10:04 AM
Oh it is :cry:, Kajol looks pretty :) ...

Arthi
8th June 2006, 10:11 AM
Surya: unga sign :thumbsup: :clap: :D

Surya
8th June 2006, 11:48 PM
Surya: unga sign :thumbsup: :clap: :D

Thanks! :D :D :D

Sandeep
13th June 2006, 09:28 AM
My friend went for Fanaa on Sunday. He said its ok but too long (3hr 20 mins with no interval!!!). He had gone after hearing all the bad reviews.

He gave me scene to scene commentary of the movie and I felt like I am watching Fiza. Almost the same story !!! Remember Fiza of Karishma and Rithik

romio
13th June 2006, 10:18 AM
[tscii:987bda404b]Priyadarshan's Chup Chup Ke Review 8-)

By Taran Adarsh, June 9, 2006 - 10:14 IST

Priyadarshan is a brand. Although the accomplished storyteller has tackled various genres in the past, somehow, the very mention of his name on billboards conjures images of a film that promises loads of laughter.

Priyan's new endeavor, CHUP CHUP KE, also follows the same route that his earlier films embarked upon. Sure, the film is a laugh-riot, in the first hour at least. But a strong and gripping drama, so vital to balance the proceedings, keeps you equally riveted in the post-interval portions.

CHUP CHUP KE works, and works big time primarily because Priyan balances the two extremes -- comedy and drama -- with gusto. Of course, there's no denying that the comic portions leave a stronger impact, but the emotional quotient in the penultimate 30 minutes of the enterprise also takes the film to an all-time high.

A remake of the Malayalam movie PUNJABI HOUSE [1998; Dileep, Mohini] and Telugu movie MAA BALAJI [1999; Naveen, Maheshwari], CHUP CHUP KE is a comedy of errors that has the power to keep you thoroughly entertained from start to end. In short, CHUP CHUP KE is as invigorating and revitalizing as an ice-cold, fresh watermelon juice in scorching heat.

Jeetu [Shahid Kapoor] is a small-town guy who is constantly in debt and dodging creditors and moneylenders. His father [Anupam Kher], a retired school teacher, and his fiancée Pooja [Sushma Reddy] are made to suffer the consequences of his instability and his debts. Pooja's father [Manoj Joshi] also feels that Jeetu is not worthy of Pooja and encourages her to marry someone else, which she doesn't agree to.

Jeetu tries to commit suicide by jumping in the sea, so that his family gets to claim his insurance and pay off his debts. But Jeetu is found entangled in fishing nets by a pair of fishermen, Gundya [Paresh Rawal] and Bandya [Rajpal Yadav], at an altogether new destination: Kolkata.

Gundya owes money to Prabhat Singh [Om Puri], a shrewd Gujarati businessman. On discovering Jeetu caught like a mermaid in their nets, Gundya and Bandya discover a note in Jeetu's pocket that leads them to assume that he is a millionaire. Later, Gundya keeps Jeetu and Bandya at Prabhat Singh's palatial home in exchange for the money that he owes.

All this while, Jeetu pretends to be deaf-mute. Complications develop when Prabhat Singh's niece Shruti [Kareena Kapoor] also turns out to be mute, not deaf. Her over-protective elder brother, Mangal [Suniel Shetty], has fixed her marriage to an affluent businessman in Gujarat.

Jeetu's secret is revealed one night when Shruti and her cousin Meenakshi [Neha Dhupia] discover him singing. They agree to keep his secret, in return he is asked to play a part in getting a greedy bridegroom to cancel his marriage to Shruti. For this, he has to pretend to be Shruti's lover.

Mangal, Shruti's brother, gets to know of the romance. He forces Jeetu to marry Shruti. But there are complications. Jeetu's family gets to know that he is alive and the family wants him back. Jeetu finds himself at crossroads. On one hand is Shruti and on the other, Pooja.

Making people laugh in a dark auditorium is not everyone's cup of tea. But Priyan has mastered the art beautifully. Check out the sequences soon after Shahid and Rajpal Yadav are appointed to do the odd jobs at Om Puri's home and you'd agree, there're very few storytellers who can make you laugh at the right points.

In fact, the entire first hour can be best described in one word: Howlarious. And you ought to put your hands together for Rajpal Yadav for contributing enormously in making the first half thoroughly entertaining. It's not that Shahid, Paresh or Om Puri don't contribute. It's just that Rajpal is lucky enough to get those sequences and he also carries them off brilliantly.

The post-interval portions do a complete somersault. If you expect the second hour to be outrageously funny, you're mistaken. The second hour gets into an altogether different lane, which talks of relationships and emotions. The families, especially Shahid's, re-enter the picture at this juncture and the focus is on parivaar and rishte.

However, the second hour is not without its share of deficiencies. The romantic track between Shahid and Kareena could've been developed far more convincingly. It looks too sudden, frankly. Also, the song and dance routine cuts short an interesting story. But, thankfully, the story resumes yet again towards the climax and the concluding reels compensate for the slackness.

CHUP CHUP KE is amongst Priyan's finest efforts. His choice of the story is perfect, but the reason he scores brownie points is because he successfully juxtaposes the light moments with dramatic portions. Himesh Reshammiya's music is pleasant. 'Ghoomar' and 'Dil Vich Lagya' are two songs that gel well with the mood and setting.

Tirru's cinematography is up to the mark. The usage of white color throughout the film gives each frame that certain freshness. Dialogues [Neeraj Vora] play to the gallery. A few one-liners are truly hilarious, especially the ones delivered by Rajpal Yadav.

Shahid is in complete form this time. The youngster was always considered a dependable actor, but after watching him in CHUP CHUP KE, you realize that he has grown tremendously over the passage of time. He stands tall against veterans like Paresh, Rajpal and Om Puri all through the enterprise -- and that's no small achievement. Besides, he dances with passion in the songs.

Kareena looks a million bucks despite no make-up look all through. But there's more to the actor than gorgeous looks. She emotes through her eyes, so vital for a character that has no lines to deliver.

Like every Priyan film, the film also has an assorted mix of character actors, but they're no props. But the one who stands out is without doubt Rajpal Yadav. He actually carries the entire first hour on his shoulders, stealing the show from one and all. Yet another milestone in this supremely talented actor's repertoire.

Suniel Shetty is excellent. His last few films didn't really offer him roles that would make him sit up and deliver, but he sinks his teeth in the role and tackles the no-nonsense bade bhaiya part with élan. Paresh Rawal, sporting a funny hairdo, is flawless yet again. His interaction with Om Puri at the start of the film is remarkable, especially the pahelwaan fight. Om Puri is superb. The character demands that he scream his lungs out and he does that with conviction.

Neha Dhupia is effective, getting substantial footage this time. A few more roles like the one in CHUP CHUP KE will only rejuvenate her career. Sushma Reddy is quite good, but she needs to take care of her makeup. Anupam Kher is just right. Shakti Kapoor is equally hilarious. His scenes with Rajpal Yadav are sure to bring the house down. Manoj Joshi is brilliant in the scene when he confronts Anupam Kher in the pre-climax. Asrani is fair.

On the whole, CHUP CHUP KE is yet another enjoyable joyride from Priyadarshan. While the comedy in the first hour will bring the house down, the emotional quotient in the second hour is sure to pull your heart's strings. At the box-office, CHUP CHUP KE has all it takes to join the ranks of HUNGAMA, HULCHUL, GARAM MASALA and MALAMAAL WEEKLY. A complete family entertainer… Must watch!

3.5/5[/tscii:987bda404b]

romio
13th June 2006, 10:19 AM
[tscii:18f7b10749]Phir Hera Pheri Review :D

By Taran Adarsh, June 9, 2006 - 16:29 IST

Comedy is the flavor of the season. And sequels are rare in India. So if a dream merchant decides to make a sequel to an immensely popular laughathon, you fasten your seat belts and wait with bated breath for reels to unfold on the screen.

PHIR HERA PHERI is the sequel to HERA PHERI involving the famous trio -- Raju [Akshay Kumar], Shyam [Suneil Shetty] and Baburao [Paresh Rawal]. Only thing, the film has not been directed by Priyadarshan [who directed HERA PHERI], but Neeraj Vora, who has penned a number of Priyadarshan movies.

The question uppermost on everyone's lips is, Does PHIR HERA PHERI pale when compared to the predecessor? Or does it provide more laughs, gags and punches and lives up to the humungous expectations?

Before we answer the question on whether or not PHIR HERA PHERI works, let's get one thing straight. In keeping with the trend of laughathons that are the order of the day [NO ENTRY, GARAM MASALA, MALAMAAL WEEKLY et al], PHIR HERA PHERI also embarks on an identical route. Meaning, don't look for logic in the film, leave your thinking caps at home, never look for answers, rationale or reasons…

PHIR HERA PHERI doesn't promise to be different. It packs in ample laughs, illogical situations, rib-tickling sequences and witty one-liners in those 2.30 hours. In fact, writer-director Neeraj Vora borrows everything available on the shelf and comes up with a plot that may sound silly to a few, but nonetheless succeeds in its endeavor of making people laugh.

Comparisons with HERA PHERI are inevitable. However, since there has been a substantial gap between the two parts, PHIR HERA PHERI still stands out as a comic caper that's amusing and entertaining. Watch the frolics of the three buffoons [Raju, Shyam, Baburao] and how they goof up yet again and you'd agree, PHIR HERA PHERI is a sure-shot paisa-vasool entertainer!

HERA PHERI ended with the trio [Raju, Shyam, Baburao] receiving a hefty sum in the end. So what did the trio do with all the money? Did they live happily ever after? Or did they become greedy for more? PHIR HERA PHERI takes off from here…

Raju comes across a scheme of doubling his wealth in a matter of weeks. But for Raju's plan to materialize, he needs to invest a minimum of Rs. 1 crore with a chit-fund company [Bipasha Basu]. While Shyam and Baburao are initially reluctant, they give in subsequently. Raju, Shyam and Baburao contribute Rs. 10 lacs each, but there's a shortfall of Rs. 70 lacs now to complete the Rs. 1 crore figure.

Raju bumps into a street-smart goon [Rajpal Yadav], who also contributes Rs. 20 lacs. As for the remaining amount of Rs. 50 lacs, Raju sells the bungalow [owned by the three] to a Parsi gentleman [Dinesh Hingoo], thus fulfilling the criterion of the chit-fund company.

Three weeks later, Raju, Shyam and Baburao realize that the chit-fund company was actually a big scam and has duped a number of investors. The goon also finds himself in troubled waters since he had borrowed money from a dreaded gangster, Tiwari [Sharat Saxena], who will eliminate him if he does not pay up.

In their quest for more wealth, Raju, Shyam and Baburao find themselves in one big mess. They have already taken a big risk and are now on the run to save their lives.

It's not difficult to relate to PHIR HERA PHERI even if you haven't watched the first part [HERA PHERI]. Of course, Nana Patekar's voiceover at the outset gives you an insight and refreshes your memory, but the antics of the three principal characters and how they get conned by the scamster [Bipasha] keeps you focused all through the first hour.

In fact, the first part abounds in funny moments. Akshay trying to impress Rajpal Yadav at a tea stall and then at his mansion are such sequences. Later, Akshay, Suniel and Paresh's constant bickering and squabbling after they've gone bankrupt, keeps you thoroughly entertained. The jokes may seem juvenile at times, but the impact is very, very funny.

The post-interval portions aren't as amusing. The focus never shifts from the main plot, but with the writer involving more characters [Sharat Saxena, Milind Gunaji, Johny Lever, Manoj Joshi, Suresh Menon, Razzaq Khan] in the fracas, the pace of the film slackens intermittently in this hour. Also, the romantic track of Akshay-Rimmi as also the song ['Mujhko Yaad Sataye Teri'], even though an excellent composition, looks like a forced ingredient in the narrative.

However, the climax in the circus is the highpoint of the film. Even though the entire exercise looks unbelievable, it seems like an ideal culmination to the story. The buffoonery in the circus, where everyone's chasing everyone, is truly hilarious and side-splitting. It wouldn't be wrong to state that the climax works as a damage control exercise in the second hour.

Neeraj Vora's writing and direction are aimed at the masses. Besides, Vora has been faithful to HERA PHERI by making the characters look and behave exactly the way they were in the first part. Only thing, as a writer, he could've packed in more gags in the second hour. Vora's dialogues, as always, are outstanding!

Himesh Reshammiya's music is of the popular genre. 'Yaad Sataye Teri' and the title track are first-rate compositions. The filming of the two tracks is also lavish. Cinematography is alright.

PHIR HERA PHERI belongs to Paresh Rawal from Scene A to Z. The actor is at his best yet again and all actors in the radius, even though they come up with competent performances, get eclipsed in front of this towering performance. If Rawal stole the thunder in HERA PHERI, he walks away with accolades yet again in PHIR HERA PHERI, no two opinions on that.

Akshay Kumar is fantastic, but the only thing is he's repeating the same act in film after film. GARAM MASALA, DEEWANE HUYE PAAGAL and PHIR HERA PHERI have him playing similar roles, of a street-smart guy. Suniel Shetty is quite good. In fact, he compliments Paresh and Akshay beautifully. Both Bipasha and Rimmi are hardly there. Rajpal Yadav excels. Sharat Saxena and Johny Lever are able. The remaining actors enact their parts satisfactorily.

On the whole, PHIR HERA PHERI has ample masala to keep its target audience -- the masses mainly -- more than happy. At the box-office, the film has opened to a thunderous response and in view of the fact that there's no major opposition for the next two weeks, the film will prove a money spinner for its distributors. Has all it takes to attain the 'Hit' status due to the huge, record-breaking initial and patronage from the masses.

4/5
[/tscii:18f7b10749]

chaotic whisperz
14th June 2006, 05:15 AM
ALL BOLLYWOOD FILMS ARE GREAT

except for those with kareena kapoor

Surya
14th June 2006, 11:41 AM
Romio Machi,
Kalakkal REviews!! :D 8-)

kb
1st June 2007, 01:04 AM
ajay devagan to remake pithamagan in hindi 8-)

coolaasheesh
1st June 2007, 11:23 AM
hi