PDA

View Full Version : Is this natural? A question to the men, but i know the women

Alan
21st May 2006, 11:55 PM
are going to peep, anyway...............

Well, I have just been married for a month but I have these ........... daddy feelings coming up, esp when I see cute baby bundles of joy, near our flat.

I mean I've heard of "maternal" instincts but is this natural? May be, may be, because I'm a Cancerian? My wife vehemently denies to become preg now- she wants to give it at least a year.
*Sigh* :(

Hulkster
22nd May 2006, 05:36 AM
I am not married but i think i can give some views as to why. First let me separate it into two types.

1) Lover of children - In this case it is natural to expect to have a kid as all your life you have admired and loved kids and it is like a sequential procedure like the love of this kids will pass on to you as the love of your own kid.

2) Married life - Sometimes when your married, you might get jealous or feel "lonely" when you see married couples going out with their children and enjoying themselves. Usually the feeling to play and spend your life with your own kid makes you have this maternal/father feeling. This might not be natural as there have been fathers who do not want children before marriage but after seeing such scenes they want to be a father. This is more suited to a insecurity of one's emotions.

Well more than giving opinions on why this happens...as a fellow friend all i can say is that having your first child is a really wonderful feeling...its like you just saw GOD....but i think maybe you should give in to your wife as she may want to pursue something that might be her dream. Anyways, im sure you will be a father soon and you will be enjoying yourself with your own bubbly cute child just like others..cheers and have a happy married life..:thumbsup:..:)

rachel
22nd May 2006, 09:46 AM

Well, I have just been married for a month but I have these ........... daddy feelings coming up, esp when I see cute baby bundles of joy, near our flat.

I mean I've heard of "maternal" instincts but is this natural? May be, may be, because I'm a Cancerian? My wife vehemently denies to become preg now- she wants to give it at least a year.

honey moon is over within a month... :shock: :lol:

at the moment your wife is your baby alan... :lol2:

bingleguy
22nd May 2006, 09:49 AM
Personal thought huh :roll: how can others have a say on this !

Raikkonen
22nd May 2006, 09:50 AM
I'll ask my wife to give birth after 3-4 yrs

bingleguy
22nd May 2006, 09:54 AM
ask aaa :roll: idhu enna coffee kekkura maadiri kekkura NTR ?

Raikkonen
22nd May 2006, 09:59 AM
Appathan sandai varathu..

Hulkster
22nd May 2006, 10:01 AM
Yeppa...engae chat pennathaenge..Let us post our views..chatting ellam coffee corner leh veichikkuvom...:)

nms
22nd May 2006, 10:04 AM

honey moon is over within a month... :shock: :lol:

at the moment your wife is your baby alan... :lol2:

Rachel:
I had read somewhere,
Honeymoon period for a normal couple is 3 years....

Alan,It's all natural.

rachel
22nd May 2006, 10:22 AM
Personal thought huh :roll: how can others have a say on this !

no..no...IMO i think it's good idea to have a baby when we are young and healthy...so i won't postpone having baby :)

bingleguy
22nd May 2006, 10:42 AM
Rachel .... i was commenting on asking opinion about a factor which has to be personal between a couple ...
Tis better to have a opinion from ur better half than to have a common opinion !

thamizhvaanan
22nd May 2006, 10:55 AM
I think the topic is not abt how soon we wish to have a baby!

mgb
22nd May 2006, 11:06 AM

I mean I've heard of "maternal" instincts but is this natural?

No Alan.. It isn't. Males may prefer to have a kid early, but then daddy feelings are not common, unless one is attached to his elder brother's kid toooo much and their family has just moved out.

swathy
22nd May 2006, 02:45 PM
ask aaa :roll: idhu enna coffee kekkura maadiri kekkura NTR ?

:rotfl:

crazy
22nd May 2006, 05:20 PM
I mean I've heard of "maternal" instincts but is this natural? :(

u asked about its natural or not............i don't know!
but anyway i just want to say that i think/believe it is natural!

dsath
22nd May 2006, 05:52 PM
[tscii:cec4af5fc6]Alan having kids soon after marriage might not be a good idea. I think couples need time and space with each other (even in case of love marriages) before venturing into the unknown. At the end of the day it’s a joint decision. I think any one of the partner should not be forced into having or not having children.
[/tscii:cec4af5fc6]

Lambretta
22nd May 2006, 06:23 PM
I think the topic is not abt how soon we wish to have a baby!
Hmm.....no not quite.....

maxi
23rd May 2006, 04:49 PM
as dsath put it, its important that u get to know each other and then get into the 'kid project'. imagine u have a kid immediately, u dont know what she is like and start fighting in front of the kid... so my suggestion is wait, understand each other and then have a kid. have a great married life.

Raikkonen
23rd May 2006, 08:06 PM
i'm scared of babies.....

malsi
23rd May 2006, 08:16 PM
hi alan..i think its a normal thing to have this kind of paternal feeling...realtionship goes throuh different stages..first..both of you were lovers..now married..so..the next stage would normally to be parents..so..your mind has just wandered into that stage..but since the two of you have no plans of having a baby in the near future...you are feeling as if its abnormal to hv this feeling...

just enjoy your married life...and when the right time comes for the two of you to hv a baby..enjoy your paternal feelings to the fullest... :)

Alan
23rd May 2006, 09:02 PM
Thankyou all for responding- Babies are a lot of responsibility and beyond all those gurgles & dimples, the real nightmare is sleepless nights & dirty diapers...........yet, I'd love one of my own , to hold in my arms & kiss its soft cheek.

Let's see what Dr.B is saying. *sigh*

ramky
25th May 2006, 10:23 PM
There are maternal as well as paternal instincts in each human being which is passed to the next generation via genes.

So when some men see a cute kid, the dormant maternal instincts rise to the surface and is manifested externally.

Alan
25th May 2006, 10:35 PM
I think its because I'm a Cancerian- Cancerians ( both genders) have strong maternal nstincts , an urge to nourish & protect- but my wife who is an Aquarian is too far removed of such things, I guess. Zodiacally, we are a mismatch!

ramky
25th May 2006, 11:03 PM
I think its because I'm a Cancerian- Cancerians ( both genders) have strong maternal nstincts , an urge to nourish & protect

well it is quite possible ...

- but my wife who is an Aquarian is too far removed of such things, I guess. Zodiacally, we are a mismatch!

yes i agree, certain sunsigns ( zodiac signs ) are said to compliment each other perfectly while certains others do not match well !

ab_123
25th May 2006, 11:30 PM
That's cool Alan. Not sure if it is natural, but sounds like you are a nurturer, and maybe that's why you have those feelings.

At the end of the day, this is something to be worked out between the two of you. Babies are cute and all, but the reality is that, it is not easy to deal with a newborn; sleepless nights, crying, colic, loss of freedom, and time for self etc. So perhaps that's why the hesitation on your wife's part (I believe that decision affects her/her life a little more than yours)

Braandan
26th May 2006, 11:37 AM
Alan, Go ahead and have babies if both of you want them..do not delay.. imagine if your parents did not want them you would'nt be here! I was married in Jan 1992 and my son was born in Nov 1992.. there was no problem at all.. he is so grateful to us now (he is gonna be 13 this Nov).

dev
26th May 2006, 12:22 PM
:|

rachel
26th May 2006, 12:30 PM
Alan, Go ahead and have babies if both of you want them..do not delay.. imagine if your parents did not want them you would'nt be here! I was married in Jan 1992 and my son was born in Nov 1992.. there was no problem at all.. he is so grateful to us now (he is gonna be 13 this Nov).

good..good :lol:

rachel
26th May 2006, 12:33 PM
Thankyou all for responding- Babies are a lot of responsibility and beyond all those gurgles & dimples, the real nightmare is sleepless nights & dirty diapers...........yet, I'd love one of my own , to hold in my arms & kiss its soft cheek.

Let's see what Dr.B is saying. *sigh*

i wish you were a woman... :cry: :cry: :cry:

:poke:

great
26th May 2006, 12:35 PM

:lol: i saw some other emotions :lol:

great
26th May 2006, 12:37 PM

Nee innum ippadi thaan irrukiya :twisted: :evil:

selvakumar
26th May 2006, 12:39 PM
:(

great
26th May 2006, 12:41 PM

Enna machi !!! Rachel effect-a :roll:

rachel
26th May 2006, 12:41 PM

Nee innum ippadi thaan irrukiya :twisted: :evil:

what do u mean? great? :roll:

selva...why sad? :roll:

selvakumar
26th May 2006, 12:58 PM
It is pity to see some people making strange (kidding) comments related to some people's personal decisions and preferences.

That is why I am :(

great
26th May 2006, 01:08 PM
Enna panrathu machi !!!!

Palamozhi solla aasai ana vedam :wink:

rachel
26th May 2006, 01:19 PM
Enna panrathu machi !!!!

Palamozhi solla aasai ana vedam :wink:

ayoo... :) :) please sollunngo....

Braandan
26th May 2006, 02:39 PM
rachel en good good endru sonnaar endru theriyavillai!
enakku puriyavillai!

selvakumar
26th May 2006, 03:10 PM
rachel en good good endru sonnaar endru theriyavillai!
enakku puriyavillai!

:lol: @ Rachel.. :oops:

Justice
26th May 2006, 07:12 PM
Rachel's comments in this thread are intolerable :banghead:

selvakumar
26th May 2006, 07:19 PM
:( I also felt the same.

But I think hubbers should not bring up this kind of personal issues , likes / dislikes.

I dont' want to put the mistake on their side.

But they should not expect that everyone will approach these things in with a broad mind.

Justice
26th May 2006, 10:15 PM

But I think hubbers should not bring up this kind of personal issues , likes / dislikes.

But they should not expect that everyone will approach these things in with a broad mind.

The reason for having the hub is to discuss not to mock someone. Rachel never spares a thread--always emotions or nakkal comments. Other threads are okay, but this one? This is not a movie thread to welcome positive and negative reviews. This is childish.

Lambretta
26th May 2006, 11:03 PM

Illa machi....athu vanthu ithu ache: 8-)

:P :lol: :lol:

Alan
27th May 2006, 09:36 AM

The reason for having the hub is to discuss not to mock someone. Rachel never spares a thread--always emotions or nakkal comments. Other threads are okay, but this one? This is not a movie thread to welcome positive and negative reviews. This is childish.

Thankyou Justice for pointing this out but I usually ignore such childish hubbers- They aren't worth a second look. But thankyou again for standing up for me, Justice. Thou art tru to thy name!

great
27th May 2006, 09:51 AM

Illa machi....athu vanthu ithu ache: 8-)

:P :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: machi ..thats bitter reality :lol:

rachel
27th May 2006, 02:47 PM

Thankyou Justice for pointing this out but I usually ignore such childish hubbers- They aren't worth a second look. But thankyou again for standing up for me, Justice. Thou art tru to thy name!

really..my posts are childish. :evil: .your post is also so stupid...
she asked u to wait for 1 year...
can't u wait just for 1 year? you are being childish...your childish post made me write like that... :evil:

if you want to kiss and hug a baby, don't u have brothers or sisters babies? why don't u show some love towards those babies?
:evil:

learn to be tough.... don't come here and cry like a baby? before you have baby you should act like a man.. not a baby... :poke:

juice is a crazy kid...just ignore him... :lol:

great
27th May 2006, 02:54 PM
really..my posts are childish. :evil: .your post is also so stupid...
she asked u to wait for 1 year...
can't u wait just for 1 year? you are being childish...your childish post made me write like that... :evil:

if you want to kiss and hug a baby, don't u have brothers or sisters babies? why don't u show some love towards those babies?
:evil:

learn to be tough.... don't come here and cry like a baby? before you have baby you should act like a man.. not a baby... :poke:

Rachel, show some maturity in ur post. Do you still have doubt on ur post wheter they are childish or not :x . You have no right to comment or poke on other`s personal life .

see how funny is ur comment on hugs and kiss :banghead:

where is he crying if you cant provide any valuable suggestion dont leave any comment just for the heck of it. :evil:

better restrict your posting to
8-) / :roll: / :poke:

rachel
27th May 2006, 03:07 PM
You have no right to comment or poke on other`s personal life .

why do i want comment on others' personal lives :x .... alan is the one who wrote about his problems.... very funny personal problems...

rachel
27th May 2006, 03:11 PM
by the way i made a comment on alan 's post..not on yours....
mind ur business...if u have any..

Alan
27th May 2006, 05:49 PM
The question isn't funny- isn't it obvious that it was asked to married people with kids and not to unmarried girls like u?

Moreover, i wasn't "crying" out- just asking ppl their valuable opinion. After all, the forum is for opening discussions, help , jokes etc- U r just misuing it by mocking at ppl. I hope u get ur due punishment.

Behave urself, rachel. Don't act like an idiot or is that you can't help being one?

dev
27th May 2006, 06:00 PM

:lol: i saw some other emotions :lol:

:| again... :lol:

malsi
27th May 2006, 08:36 PM
yes rachel..you shouldnt be so rude...i think you are the one who is being so childish by posting like that...i hate to ridicule people..but i just cant help it in your case rachel..give due respect for other people's feelings...and if for any reason you cant be like that..then just leave this thread.. !!!

selvakumar
29th May 2006, 05:43 PM
yup.. I think this thread is about someone's personal life. When something is brought to the hub and is more personal, then we cannot expect all people to post their replies with some sense (I mean --- Those who can get the bottomline of the issue can react accordingly.. but rest of the people :( )

Also, We should not expect that everyone will approach it with a broad mind.
I would prefer to stay away from briging matter that are too personal. (Sorry Alan!)

But this is the reality. IT is better to cut your nails than to complain about the SHOCKS that ...............

Justice
29th May 2006, 10:00 PM
then we cannot expect all people to post their replies with some sense

why can't we? aren't we all human beings with some sense?

Also, We should not expect that everyone will approach it with a broad mind.
I would prefer to stay away from briging matter that are too personal. (Sorry Alan!)

then please ask RR to remove misc section. everyone here knows that it's personal matter so they are quiet. why can't someone understand it? she could've given an positive or negative opinion but should've not made fun of it. her posts in this thread are very childish, no one can deny it. later, she made a post on kiss, hug and being a man, that's stupidity :banghead: . anyway people here can leap into a conclusion that she is :roll: and will ignore it. my last post on this topic(hopefully)

ramky
29th May 2006, 10:54 PM
I see that a few "veterans" & "seasoned hubbers" seem to be experts in criticising others and in frivolous posts. They can indulge in such activities in the chat threads, not in serious topics like this one here.

Maybe the ranks given to members - senior, seasoned, veteran, etc
can be based on the Quality of posts, not the Quantity.

The Admin & all the Moderators of The Hub can form a panel to
decide which rank can be given to whom and also
whether a particular member's rank must be upgraded.

Justice
29th May 2006, 11:42 PM
veteran hubber criticized another veteran hubber. I did not take any new role but just said what I felt as another hubber. I would've done it even if I were a new hubber. even the concerned hubber, alan, agreed with my post.. I see no problems. You dont need to be the best director to criticize maniratnam

Alan
30th May 2006, 12:39 PM
Thankyou so much Justice & ramky. ramky, u have a very valid point there- the 'ranks' should be given according to the quality of posts- I hope the mOds take this into consideration.

Justice, thankyou for standing up for me- If another young hubber called pooja.shankar was banned because she wasn't old enuf to be here, why can't this dame, who may / may not be as young but because her posts are very childish?????

Alan
30th May 2006, 12:39 PM
Thankyou so much Justice & ramky. ramky, u have a very valid point there- the 'ranks' should be given according to the quality of posts- I hope the mOds take this into consideration.

Justice, thankyou for standing up for me- If another young hubber called pooja.shankar was banned because she wasn't old enuf to be here, why can't this dame, who may / may not be as young but because her posts are very childish?????