PDA

View Full Version : Broadmindness

johntony
24th May 2006, 01:05 AM
what one should understand about a broadminded person?
In other way what is the definition of a broadminded person?

Ghlli
24th May 2006, 02:38 AM
first of all its very hard to understand ur broad calculation in ur signature!!!!!

wow hoq did u wrk it out?!?!?!

malsi
24th May 2006, 08:21 AM
i am not sure..someone who is broadminded could be someone who is knowledgable..or could also be someone who is open minded...

crazy
24th May 2006, 12:30 PM
broadminded person..............................people often...........no always say that they aint broadminded person like me!
i dont understand them...........................i think they call me that way just to get rid of me :cry: or they call me that way coz they dont know me!
since i dont know how to expalain them i tell them back to be broadminded!

but what is broadminded? as far as i know(why ppl call me that way) broadminded person is:

1 someone who is able to see things in a different way
2 looking away from his/her problems or views
3 fighting for things which seems unintrested for others(i mean for those who dont understand)
4 being weird/loosu
5 trying to make a difference or trying to make people a bit understandable
6 idhukku mela enakku onnum thonala..............

sgokulprathap
24th May 2006, 12:42 PM
Crazy, I dont think broadminded person is the one who thinks differently, but he's the one who looks at things in more eloborate, clear way. i.e. his thinkings r broader.

P S Crazy: Though this is not the right thread, here's a link to answer ur signature. U can find Tamil version of Raa Raa there (in both English and Tamil). BTW I donno Telugu.
http://www.geetham.net/lyrics/topic,644,-raa-raa-song-from-chandramukhi-in-tamil-version-[lyrics].html

crazy
24th May 2006, 12:51 PM
gokul thank u so much for the links!
thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

sgokulprathap
24th May 2006, 12:55 PM
gokul thank u so much for the links!
thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

:notworthy: U can find lyrics for many other Tamil songs there.

sgokulprathap
24th May 2006, 12:58 PM
Definition of broad-minded on MSN dictionary:

Broad-minded: tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others.

Lambretta
28th May 2006, 01:23 PM
From wat I know, no-one can be 100% broad-minded......they'd be rigid in their opnion of sum matter or the other! :D

kandiban
28th May 2006, 01:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

johntony
29th May 2006, 12:10 AM
From wat I know, no-one can be 100% broad-minded......they'd be rigid in their opnion of sum matter or the other! :D

i agree with u dear lambretta

i found this rule can be applied to every field in this physical world,
i.e. no-one can be 100% good or bad, same for genious & idiot , all materials in this world having differnt combinations of +ve & -ve qualities.

ramky
29th May 2006, 07:53 AM
Some specific examples of broadmindedness, of varying degrees :
A married person not minding if his or her spouse has friends of the opposite sex.
An upper caste / class person treating another person of the lower caste / class with due respect.
A fan of one particular actor accepting the arguments made by the supporter of another hero.
Long serving employees of a company or established members of an organisation allowing the new entrants also to have their say.
and so on.
Generally speaking, a person who is open to other ideas, is not rigid about anything, willing to see his or her opponent's viewpoint can be called as broadminded.

Parker
29th May 2006, 07:59 AM
Simple-If you are not selfish then you are a broad-minded fellow.Practically its impossible! Nobody is perfect!!

thamizhvaanan
29th May 2006, 08:12 AM
Broadmindedness can be put in simpler terms, to be able to think from the perspective of other persons. That is when we learn to appreciate opinions and avoid being selfish!