PDA

View Full Version : Sunil Gavaskar & Sachin Tendulkar an analysis

Nakeeran
26th May 2006, 03:54 PM
I could see some interesting exchanges happening in another thread ( totally irrelavant to that thread ) on Sachin & Gavaskar.

Hey guys, both are legends in their own respect

The achievements of both are incomparable with anyone

However I thought a detailed analysis of the 2 great jewels of Indian cricket will throw more light on who is the better of the 2.

I wish some constructive exchanges happen & not the routine dishoom dishoom variety :D

Looking forward to some healthy discussion / debate on this

Nakeeran
26th May 2006, 04:26 PM
A question now . Is Sachin a man of crisis ?

Nakeeran
26th May 2006, 10:24 PM
Did Sachin face the likes of Holding, marshal, Roberts, Lilee, Thomson ?

steveaustin
5th January 2008, 09:09 PM
For both of your questions, my answer is certainly a big 'NO'.

He is definitely not a man of crisis. When it comes to crisis, in my memory, no one is nearer to the legend KAPIL DEV.

For your second question, in the current generation of players, Rahul Dravid is the only person can face the likes of Holding, Marshal, Roberts, Lilee, Thomson.

But definitely, Sachin can face the likes of Chatfield, Bruce Reid, Michael Witney, Derek Pringle, Winston Benjamin, Labrooy, Ravi Ratnayake and few other good bowlers but not the great bowlers that you have mentioned.

Rest of the Present Indian cricket team cannot survive even the second line good bowlers that I have mentioned above.

Had Gavaskar played today, I think most probably he will be dismissed after every 10 or 15 tests and I think there won't be any different in runscoring speed.

Geoffrey Boycott will be dismissed after every 25 tests and run scroing speed will remain same.

Nerd
5th January 2008, 11:16 PM
Lara/Tendulkar - Daylight - Gavaskar

Nerd
5th January 2008, 11:17 PM
BCL/SRT have faced:
1. Wasim Akram
2. Waqar Younis
3. Allan Donald
4. Glenn McGrath
5. Shaun Pollock
6. Courtney Walsh
7. Curtly Ambrose
etc..,

Nerd
6th January 2008, 12:48 AM
Re-posting CR aNNE's message here:

During the unveiling of his statue @ SCG, Commentator Sigaram Richie Benaud is reported to have reaffirmed Cricket Kadavul Bradman's judgement that after Bradman, it is SRT 8-)

omega
6th January 2008, 05:15 AM

He will have yet another oppurtunity today (5th day of 2nd test). Hopefully India could atleast draw this one, if not winning!!!

steveaustin
6th January 2008, 12:37 PM

Today once again, he proved me right that he is not a man of crisis. Very good batsmen but not a man of crisis.

Always the Man of crisis for India is the one and only great legend Kapil Dev.

steveaustin
6th January 2008, 12:45 PM
BCL/SRT have faced:
1. Wasim Akram
2. Waqar Younis
3. Allan Donald
4. Glenn McGrath
5. Shaun Pollock
6. Courtney Walsh
7. Curtly Ambrose
etc..,

But they never had fair success against all of them. For eg. Lara miserably failed against Wasim Akram, Waqar in Tests. I think he fared better against Donald, Mcgrath (even after 14 dismissals I think), Shaun Pollock.

Tendulkar too failed miserably against Glenn Mcgrath, Shaun Pollock, Donald in Tests. But he fared better against Wasim and Waqar in Asian Continent pitches. Particularly in tests, he never had an opportunity to face them outside subcontinent pitches.

So IMHO, the bowlers like Holding, marshal, Roberts, Lilee, Thomson certainly have an edge over BCL/SRT.

karthik_sa2
19th January 2008, 04:01 PM

He is definitely not a man of crisis. When it comes to crisis, in my memory, no one is nearer to the legend KAPIL DEV.

For your second question, in the current generation of players, Rahul Dravid is the only person can face the likes of Holding, Marshal, Roberts, Lilee, Thomson.

But definitely, Sachin can face the likes of Chatfield, Bruce Reid, Michael Witney, Derek Pringle, Winston Benjamin, Labrooy, Ravi Ratnayake and few other good bowlers but not the great bowlers that you have mentioned.

Rest of the Present Indian cricket team cannot survive even the second line good bowlers that I have mentioned above.

Had Gavaskar played today, I think most probably he will be dismissed after every 10 or 15 tests and I think there won't be any different in runscoring speed.

Geoffrey Boycott will be dismissed after every 25 tests and run scroing speed will remain same.

u r the funniest joker i could ever imagine...

CEDYBLUE
21st January 2008, 03:26 PM
BCL/SRT have faced:
1. Wasim Akram
2. Waqar Younis
3. Allan Donald
4. Glenn McGrath
5. Shaun Pollock
6. Courtney Walsh
7. Curtly Ambrose
etc..,

But they never had fair success against all of them. For eg. Lara miserably failed against Wasim Akram, Waqar in Tests. I think he fared better against Donald, Mcgrath (even after 14 dismissals I think), Shaun Pollock.

Tendulkar too failed miserably against Glenn Mcgrath, Shaun Pollock, Donald in Tests. But he fared better against Wasim and Waqar in Asian Continent pitches. Particularly in tests, he never had an opportunity to face them outside subcontinent pitches.

So IMHO, the bowlers like Holding, marshal, Roberts, Lilee, Thomson certainly have an edge over BCL/SRT.

which world do u operate from Steve? :twisted: :twisted: SRT failing miserably against the likes of donald and mcgrath???...... keeping our discussion aside.....both these bowlers incidently rate sachin as the best batsman they have ever bowled to....so what does that convey?? surely these guys know better than us i believe.... :D u indeed sound funny dude.......

CEDYBLUE
21st January 2008, 03:35 PM

with no dis regard to dravid.....'the wall' has been dismissed three times in this series to 'symmonds' and what are the odds of him surviving the likes of the marshalls and the lillees....the point here is i am not able to understand the psyche of the sachin bashers out here....only have to conclude that they cannot be genuine cricket lovers IMHO.....

sriranga
21st January 2008, 03:53 PM

with no dis regard to dravid.....'the wall' has been dismissed three times in this series to 'symmonds' and what are the odds of him surviving the likes of the marshalls and the lillees....the point here is i am not able to understand the psyche of the sachin bashers out here....only have to conclude that they cannot be genuine cricket lovers IMHO.....

To survive hostile bowling, you need tighter defence.
i think dravid has a tighter defensive technique than sachin. Thats why he is called "the wall" and he comes at no.3.

CEDYBLUE
21st January 2008, 09:13 PM

To survive hostile bowling, you need tighter defence.
i think dravid has a tighter defensive technique than sachin. Thats why he is called "the wall" and he comes at no.3.

dravid.....awesome player!!!!! :D without a question.....but some of the 'great' cricket fans outt here try to compare every contemperary good great players with SACHIN and try to prove that Sachin is bad!!!!!! :lol: it is quite childish actually!!!!

steveaustin
2nd February 2008, 08:03 PM
u r the funniest joker i could ever imagine...

When I am instigating fact, it seems a joke for all Sachin lovers. In this thread, it seems that everybody below 18. It seems only some of you have watched cricket in 70s and 80s and even early 90s.

Now I am coming to Tendulkar.

Against Australia his average is 56.00 (9 hundreds)

When Mcgrath played his record is

1996-2004

9 Matches 18 innings 662 runs 126 HS 36.77 Ave. 2 hundreds (1 in India and 1 in Australia)

Against SA his average is 36.42 (3 hundreds)

When Donald played, his average is

1992-2000
11 Matches 20 innings 658 runs 169 HS 32.90 Ave. 2 hundreds (Both in South Africa)

Recently, many of you have seen that how he is struggled to cope against Pollock.(Even past his prime)

Still there is no change in my opinion. He is definitely not a man of crisis. When it comes to crisis, in my memory, no one is nearer to the legend KAPIL DEV.

KAPIL DEV DA (GREAT) JAWAB NAHIN.

I can say none is greater than KAPIL DEV in India and even in the world. In Cricket, he is the only Indian played for INDIA than many other so called greats. No one can near the great KAPIL PAAJI.

karthik_sa2
3rd March 2008, 12:25 AM
When I am instigating fact, it seems a joke for all Sachin lovers. In this thread, it seems that everybody below 18. It seems only some of you have watched cricket in 70s and 80s and even early 90s.

Now I am coming to Tendulkar.

Against Australia his average is 56.00 (9 hundreds)

When Mcgrath played his record is

1996-2004

9 Matches 18 innings 662 runs 126 HS 36.77 Ave. 2 hundreds (1 in India and 1 in Australia)

Against SA his average is 36.42 (3 hundreds)

When Donald played, his average is

1992-2000
11 Matches 20 innings 658 runs 169 HS 32.90 Ave. 2 hundreds (Both in South Africa)

Recently, many of you have seen that how he is struggled to cope against Pollock.(Even past his prime)

Still there is no change in my opinion. He is definitely not a man of crisis. When it comes to crisis, in my memory, no one is nearer to the legend KAPIL DEV.

KAPIL DEV DA (GREAT) JAWAB NAHIN.

I can say none is greater than KAPIL DEV in India and even in the world. In Cricket, he is the only Indian played for INDIA than many other so called greats. No one can near the great KAPIL PAAJI.

:rotfl: :poke: hope u saw sachin's innings today???

karthik_sa2
3rd March 2008, 12:26 AM
naangellam argue panna maatom bat'la kaamipom

crajkumar_be
3rd March 2008, 12:52 AM
Karthik_sa2,
Ian Chappel, one of the harshest critics of SRT bowed down before The Master's answers as early as last year (after the UK Tour) and Brian Charles Lara, one of the biggest fans and backers of SRT himself, had a message for SRT's detractors quite a while back. ivainga eppayume edhayavadhu vetha pesitte dhaan iruppainga :lol2:

Thirumaran
3rd March 2008, 07:24 AM
EKSI...

Gavaskar ellaam Sachin kku matcha aaa :rotfl:

Bradman VS Sachin an analysis poattu oru thread aarambichaalum paravaa illa :evil:

steveaustin
8th June 2008, 02:09 PM
naangellam argue panna maatom bat'la kaamipom

Enna Bat-la MRF sticker-a otti kaamippeengala. :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

alan2008
31st August 2008, 07:35 AM
Welcome to item4u. Cheap to buy cd key.
Warhammer CD Key (http://www.item4u.com/bestSelling-CDKey/Warhammer-Online-CDKey) $44.90
Warhammer Online CD Key (http://www.item4u.com/bestSelling-CDKey/Warhammer-Online-CDKey) $44.90
World of Warcraft CD Key (http://www.item4u.com/bestSelling-CDKey/WoW-EU-CDKey) EU $14.40
WoW CD Key (http://www.item4u.com/bestSelling-CDKey/WoW-US-CDKey) US $18.25
5 Age of Conan Gold (http://www.item4u.com/buy-Age-of-Conan-US/Gold/Ajujo) $3.00