PDA

View Full Version : Telugu Movies and Associated Queries/Reviews

Surya
28th May 2006, 02:48 AM
That's what this thread is about. 8-)

I've got a few Q's.

1.) Who acted in Okkadu? Was it Mahesh Babu or NTR?

2.) I heard Samy was remade with Ballaiya, how did that run?

3.) Mahesh Babu, is he a big in telugu? What actor would he be compared with in Tamil Populaity wise?

More to come...:P

swathy
28th May 2006, 03:14 PM
Mahesh Babu did okkadu.

great
28th May 2006, 05:56 PM
1. Yes its MB
2. asin acted as herione :x it was average
3. more than vijay :lol:

Raikkonen
29th May 2006, 07:25 AM
1. Mahesh
2. 100 Days, Above Average/ Mediocre hit, not average
3. Same like Vijay, but Vijay earns more and more hits in his pocket..

ssanjinika
30th May 2006, 07:31 PM
I have one question..
Mahesh Babu is the son of who(a big star rite)?

Raikkonen
30th May 2006, 07:53 PM
Mahesh is son of SUperstar Krishna

Unicorn
31st May 2006, 07:04 AM
:rotfl: appo much more than Kamal :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
31st May 2006, 07:49 AM
vijay < mahesh......becos whenever his profile is low........its mahesh movies which help him to stand again........

lookback at history

2004 - Okkadu

2006 - Pokiri.....

:lol: :lol:

Surya
31st May 2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the info guys! :D

Raikkonen
31st May 2006, 08:45 PM
Mahesh had an easy entry to Film World unlike Vijay..

If u look back Mahesh' career, if ppl ask name ur classics, he will only say Murari and Okkadu..

Vijay had lot of good movies like Kadhalukku Mariyadhai and Thullata Manamum Thullum..

Tirupachi was inspired by Arjun, what happened to Arjun, Arjun had some good songs, a good team (Entire Okkadu team), the movie was a near disaster...
Tirupachi was a hit here...

Okkadu was a blockbsuter, but dint break any records.. Ghilli was at that time was a record breaker...

ssanjinika
31st May 2006, 08:55 PM
But Mahesh looks & acts(Agreed that probably only I think so) so much better than Vijay :roll:

Raikkonen
31st May 2006, 08:57 PM
:hammer: @ NTR

ssanjinika
31st May 2006, 09:33 PM
siva :lol:
told you its probably my opinion only :P

ajithfederer
1st June 2006, 05:00 AM
:clap: good one ssanjinika :D

But Mahesh looks & acts(Agreed that probably only I think so) so much better than Vijay :roll:

Raikkonen
1st June 2006, 11:04 AM
Ya Vijay is not fair like Mahesh...

Surya
6th June 2006, 11:08 PM
I saw Jai Chiranjeeva yesterday! :P

If u ignore some of the -'s like "Lack of Consistency in Storyline, Extreme Lack of Logic, Inconsistent Charecters, & Irrelevent scenes that have nothing to do witht he flow of the story" etc, it's a fun watch.

U will enjoy Jai Chiranjeeva if you expect absolutley nothing from it! :thumbsup:

ssanjinika
7th June 2006, 12:03 AM
I watched Modati Cinema last weekend.
If you want a light hearted movie without much logic or emotion watch this one.It was nice.

Lambretta
7th June 2006, 12:28 AM
I watched Modati Cinema last weekend.
If you want a light hearted movie without much logic or emotion watch this one.It was nice.
Ungaluku telungu puriyma? :)

ssanjinika
7th June 2006, 12:47 AM
konjam konjam purium :)
Subtitles in DVDs help a lot :wink:

ab_123
7th June 2006, 12:48 AM
Who is the hero SS? I am so out of touch with the new folks.

Ramakrishna
7th June 2006, 12:49 AM
konjam konjam purium :)
Subtitles in DVDs help a lot :wink:

nice way to learn a language :)

ssanjinika
7th June 2006, 01:25 AM
yeah RK.I also have a few close telugu friends who help me with picking the movies and all..
Hero is Navdeep ab..and the heroine is one Poonam.

Raikkonen
7th June 2006, 10:55 AM
Chiraneejeeva wasnt a big hit as Shanker Dada and Tagore..

bingleguy
7th June 2006, 11:01 AM
NTR ... are u talking abt Jai Chiranjeeva ??? If ys ...then ys, that was not that very interesting !

Tagore ... i liked him so much n that !

bingleguy
7th June 2006, 11:02 AM
NTR ... are u talking abt Jai Chiranjeeva ??? If ys ...then ys, that was not that very interesting !

Tagore ... i liked him so much n that !

Raikkonen
7th June 2006, 11:03 AM
Even Andarivadu was disappoiting..

Raikkonen
7th June 2006, 12:57 PM
Watch Jai Chiranjeeva, Mass, Athanokkade and many Telugu movies in

http://www.indiantunes.co.in/free-movies/index.php?pageNum_rslivetv=1&totalRows_rslivetv=22

Raikkonen
7th June 2006, 01:06 PM
Pokiri Video songs
http://indiantunes.co.in/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=443

swathy
7th June 2006, 01:32 PM
is there any telugu movie without songs?

nilavupriyan
7th June 2006, 01:53 PM
:rotfl: appo much more than Kamal :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: nalla comedy pandra!

everyone knows who gets pichai from mahesh babu everytime and who mahesh babu puts pichai! :lol:

nilavupriyan
7th June 2006, 01:55 PM
Pokiri Video songs
http://indiantunes.co.in/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=443

no dole dole song in that list!

Alien
7th June 2006, 05:38 PM

If u ignore some of the -'s like "Lack of Consistency in Storyline, Extreme Lack of Logic, Inconsistent Charecters, & Irrelevent scenes that have nothing to do witht he flow of the story" etc, it's a fun watch.

U will enjoy Jai Chiranjeeva if you expect absolutley nothing from it! :thumbsup:
Surya machi !!
:lol: :rotfl: I was laughing my a$$ out reading the way u put it !! :lol: :wink:

Surya
7th June 2006, 11:33 PM
Vasanth Machi,
:lol: I hope it persuaded you to the right decision! :P

If it had someone else in the lead, I would've stopped watching after the first 10 mins, it was Chiranjeevi and Chiranjeevi Only who made me sit and watch the first half, since I have never seen a Chiranjeevi Movie before. The 2nd half, I only watched in "Fast Forward" mode. :P

Alien
8th June 2006, 07:06 AM
:lol: 8-) Me too have never seen a Chiranjeevi movie ..... That movie wasn't dubbed into tamil , was it? :roll: .... If there was a tamil dubbed one, I may try watching it .... :P

Surya
8th June 2006, 07:08 AM
Nope. It wasn't. Fortunatly! :P

romio
8th June 2006, 10:00 AM
Watch Jai Chiranjeeva, Mass, Athanokkade and many Telugu movies in

http://www.indiantunes.co.in/free-movies/index.php?pageNum_rslivetv=1&totalRows_rslivetv=22

Super songs are Super Nag /ayshatakia + Sandeep Chowta music 8-) :thumbsup:

Songs - http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/movie/A0000490.html

manmadan
9th June 2006, 02:52 AM
does anyone know any link where i can download telugu movies? I want to see pokiri and a few others :)

Ramakrishna
9th June 2006, 02:59 AM

padam kevalam nu decent-ah solra :rotfl:

ajithfederer
9th June 2006, 05:41 AM
:lol: :lol: :rotfl:

padam kevalam nu decent-ah solra :rotfl:

Surya
9th June 2006, 07:26 AM
Ithukku Peyaru thaan "Dejendu"! 8-)

Raikkonen
9th June 2006, 08:04 PM
He is Rajni of Tollywood, youre saying kevalam..
Super..

selvakumar
9th June 2006, 08:29 PM
Super..

I agree with Siva.. If RK could jump the hill and disprove every scientific law , then why not Chiru :wink: :thumbsup:

selvakumar
9th June 2006, 08:45 PM
http://satyakottur.batcave.net/Illeana.html

wow... Siva.. olli olli iduppae... :P :tongueout: :clap: :thumbsup:

Unicorn
9th June 2006, 09:03 PM
Siva :roll: a question.
Was Toliprema(1998)a remake of VIjays Kaadhalukku Mariadhai :roll:
Or was it remade later into tamil :huh:

Raikkonen
9th June 2006, 09:10 PM
No..
It was original

Director was Love Today Balasegharaan..
The movie was dubbed as Kadhal Mazhai in Tamil..
Pawan dubbed his own voice..
Keerthi Reedy was heroine..

Ramakrishna
9th June 2006, 09:44 PM
Super..

The movie is kevalam nu Surya thaan sonnaaru.Who said Chiru is kevalam :huh:

swathy
9th June 2006, 10:09 PM
No..
It was original

Director was Love Today Balasegharaan..
The movie was dubbed as Kadhal Mazhai in Tamil..
Pawan dubbed his own voice..
Keerthi Reedy was heroine..

director for toli prema is karunakaran

ore samayathula telugu tamilla yeduthu telugula first release pannanga

thamizh version is not kadhal mazhai . its anandha mazhai or something therila but not kadhal mazhai

Surya
10th June 2006, 05:55 AM
Super..

I agree with Siva.. If RK could jump the hill and disprove every scientific law , then why not Chiru :wink: :thumbsup:

Nothing against Chiru, he rocks! 8-)

I wasn't making fun of the 'hill jumping' Most of the comments went to the director. Chiru did what he was given perfectly. 8-)

The acting wasn't flawed. But it was the Directing, Charecter Analysis, and screenplay which was Dangerously Flawed. :P That's what made the movie worthy of "Making Fun" :P

swathy
12th June 2006, 11:06 AM
G.D.Chakravarthy - Gulabi guy

any info abt him? :roll:

alwarpet_andavan
12th June 2006, 01:13 PM

Vaasthavamaana Pechu! :clap:

Surya
12th June 2006, 11:38 PM
Super..

Athu! 8-)

chaotic whisperz
14th June 2006, 05:17 AM
Super..

Athu! 8-)

leave this thread

Surya
14th June 2006, 11:43 AM
leave this forum

selvakumar
14th June 2006, 02:18 PM
leave this forum

ellarum leave sollureenga.

Let me say

LEAVE Asin :oops:

Surya
14th June 2006, 04:18 PM
Asin-a? Sinnie-e ethukku ithula izukureenge?! :x :lol: :P

bingleguy
14th June 2006, 05:07 PM
i saw Murari ... mahesh babu is good yaar !

selvakumar
14th June 2006, 06:21 PM
Asin-a? Sinnie-e ethukku ithula izukureenge?! :x :lol: :P

I meant "A sin"

Leave A sin

Hope you got it ! :rotfl:

Surya
24th June 2006, 06:46 AM
[tscii:eeabba25b9]:lol:

Moviebuzz
`Pokiri` power!
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 17 June , 2006, 09:50
Is Pokiri the biggest ever hit in the annals of Telugu cinema? The trade says that no other film in the past has taken such a huge share at the box-office worldwide.

Today (June17), Pokiri the blockbuster of the era is celebrating 50 days run in nearly 300 centres which is a unique feat. Remember that in none of the centres, the film was dragged and it ran on its own merit.

Mahesh Babu and his Pokiri has given Telugu cinema a pan Indian look with the film doing extraordinary business in places like Chennai, and Bangalore. Overseas, the film is the biggest hit in recent times and is reported to have collected $ 350,000 in US.

Pokiri remake rights to Tamil has gone for record Rs 1.30 Crore and its Kannada remake rights is also getting good offers. And an enterprising distributor from Kerala is planning to dub the film into Malayalam and release it.

Now the trade feels that Pokiri has the potential to break Chiranjeevi’s Tagore collection records and may cross the magic figure of Rs 30 Crore! As a mark of its growing popularity, Pokiri> was screened at the prestigious IIFA in Dubai on June 16.

8-) :clap: for Pokiri. 8-)[/tscii:eeabba25b9]

ramky
25th June 2006, 10:15 AM
Has anyone ( in US, UK, Canada ) bought or rented the Original DVD release of Veerabhadra ? If so, I would like some feedback about the Chapters / Scenes in it !

Raikkonen
30th June 2006, 09:13 AM
http://idlebrain.com/movie/photogallery/ashok.html

Very Slim heroine and very very very slim hero

salem.saravanan
9th April 2009, 01:15 AM
where can i get subtitles fr telugu movies???

littlemaster1982
10th April 2009, 08:09 AM
Saravanan,

Check this site: http://www.desisubs.com/index.php

salem.saravanan
11th April 2009, 08:28 PM
thank you littlemaster1982

app_engine
25th June 2009, 01:48 AM
http://www.dinamalar.com/Arasiyalnewsdetail.asp?News_id=11846

The pathetic status of Chiranjeevi in politics (news analysis is in Tamil)

Raikkonen
25th June 2009, 08:52 AM
http://www.dinamalar.com/Arasiyalnewsdetail.asp?News_id=11846

The pathetic status of Chiranjeevi in politics (news analysis is in Tamil)

it will take time (to reach the top).. can't dismiss his prowess in his first few years. he is certainly in a better position than our captain.

app_engine
25th June 2009, 07:58 PM
it will take time (to reach the top).. can't dismiss his prowess in his first few years. he is certainly in a better position than our captain.

There's no doubt he's in a better position than gaptan (most thinking people in TN now recognize that VK's role is DMK sponsored i.e. to hit at DMK and split the MGR votes, indirectly favouring DMK).

One has to wait and see whether Chiranjeevi has endurance to weather it out to reach the top (as funding is the main issue in politics today). :|

Appu s
3rd August 2009, 11:34 AM
[tscii:6885b780c0]
Magadheera

Set against the backdrop of an eerie theme - reincarnation - Magadheera unfolds on the screen with multiple shades of entertainment. The story is set in 1609 AD, where the Udayghad dynasty comes alive. Kalabhairava (Ram Charan) is not only the bodyguard of the beautiful princess Mitravinda (Kajal), but also the trainer of soldiers.
True to the Telugu cinema norms, the princess falls in love with her guard. Billa (Gil Dev), the nephew of Udayghad’s King, has his eyes on the kingdom and the princess, but is defeated by Kalabhairava. Sher Khan (Srihari), a Muslim ruler, takes advantage of the rivalry between the family members and invades the kingdom, with Billa on his side. In a fierce battle, both the lovers are killed.

In 2009, the four characters reincarnate in the contemporary world, playing their parts in a modern way. But the revenge factor is supreme. How it is dealt with forms the rest of the story.

Ram Charan’s performance looks like an extension of what he had done in his debut film Chirutha. Magadheera limits him to action scenes and romantic songs, with fewer portions dedicated to emotions. The action, however, has more punch thanks to bike races, horse riding and what not.

Coming to emoting, there is not much scope for the young hero. But he enthrals the audiences with his mind-blowing dance in Bangaru Kodi Petta song, sizzling with Mumaith Khan.

Kajal Agarwal looks stunningly beautiful in perfect costumes - both as a princess and a modern girl. However, her emotional scenes are a drag because of her amateurish display, leading to frivolous results. She dominates the romantic scenes, which is a major advantage to the film.

Chiranjeevi’s cameo in the remix song will naturally elevate the commercial levels of the movie. And though senior hero Srihari played only a small role, it is of great importance to the film. He grips the scenes with his superb dialogues and getups.

Dev Gil who plays the villain - pre and post reincarnation - is the perfect choice by director Rajamouli to bring the much-needed villainy onscreen. Rao Ramesh, who impressed the audience with his role as a Naxalite in Gamyam, plays the role of an Aghora in this film, giving curious moments in the theatre.

As usual, the list of comedians includes Brahmanandam and Sunil. Kim Sharma does her part well as an item girl. When the movie was launched last year, director Rajamouli dared to reveal the central theme of the story. He has succeeded in his attempt, as he was able to keep the screenplay and narration gripping from start to finish. The second half has the soul in it.

Interestingly, any regular audience would find some striking similarities between Maghadeera and Arundhati. Both are about incarnation themes and both have the aghora element.

Music by M M Keeravani misses the magic this time, but suffices to hold his spell on the audience. Cinematography plays a vital role with capturing the historic ambience of castles, romantic sojourns into scintillating locales and also into the risky stunts. To replicate the mood of 400 years ago is not an ordinary thing and required much artwork. In this, the venture succeeded.

Stunts by Peter Haynes rule the roost. The film also has its visual grandeur. Dialogues are fine and synchronies with the episodes. In short, the movie encompasses some of the best commercial elements that Telugu audience have seen in the recent past.

Verdict: Brilliant entertainer[/tscii:6885b780c0]

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/review.php?id=14902427&ctid=5&cid=2430

Appu s
3rd August 2009, 11:41 AM
rediff given 3* to this movie, anyone watched?

Dilbert
6th August 2009, 10:59 AM
So far all reviews ...are pretty positive.. most of my firends.. have seen it planning to see this weekend.