PDA

View Full Version : Things you want to taste, but havent so far .....

ayeshasadique
28th May 2006, 02:01 PM
most of us always do this....we want to taste something but havent done it yet...for a number of reasons...

caviar is said to be a specialty.....expensive...and I think only a few, would know it or have seen it....everytime I go grocery shopping, I want to buy it....to just for once know how it tastes...but I dont know why I cudnt do it...I am sure it isnt a financial restraint...but still....i havent so far.... :)

Alan
28th May 2006, 02:35 PM
Baklava- a Turkish sweet dish- Heard about it & seen pics but never tasted it.

Alan
28th May 2006, 02:37 PM
Baklava- a Turkish sweet dish- Heard about it & seen pics but never tasted it.

Lambretta
28th May 2006, 03:12 PM
Lasagna...:)
Is it a sweet or sour dish??
Also a dish w/ potatoes tat I cant rem. at the moment......! :?

ayeshasadique
28th May 2006, 03:59 PM
The word baklava is derived from Arabic baqlāwa, an Arabic word for nuts.

Buttered phyllo sheets are layered alternatively with a ground mixture of nuts(pista, badam, mostly) + sugar + cinnamon powder in a baking dish, and cut into diamonds, baked till golden, and then topped with sugar syrup + rose water or with (honey, cinnamon, cloves)
its easy to make, u can give it a try :)

ayeshasadique
28th May 2006, 04:04 PM
Lasagna can be made bothways- sweet or savoury !!
i have tasted only the savoury one...ground meat, mushrooms, tomato sauce, and loads of cheese :)

Alan
28th May 2006, 06:40 PM
The word baklava is derived from Arabic baqlāwa, an Arabic word for nuts.

Buttered phyllo sheets are layered alternatively with a ground mixture of nuts(pista, badam, mostly) + sugar + cinnamon powder in a baking dish, and cut into diamonds, baked till golden, and then topped with sugar syrup + rose water or with (honey, cinnamon, cloves)
its easy to make, u can give it a try :)

Thanks for the recipe- but what is phyllo sheets?

ayeshasadique
28th May 2006, 11:08 PM
phyllo - called 'filo' meaning 'leaf'.
it is a pastry....in paper thin layers
u can get the dough in the frozen section of the supermarkets...and roll them as needed.

solona
31st May 2006, 09:16 AM
I always wanted to eat the soan papdi in a big transparent bell the soanpapdi walla used to sell on his thallu vandi. My mother never let me buy telling it was not hygenic. Even nowwhen I go to India i search for these street vendors, i do not not find anymore.

I have already tasted Caviar (at a party), it is not that yummy, I even thought ''people are making such a noice for this stuff ugh' I was in a cash counter of a supermarket once and someone next to me had a small packet(appalam packet size) the prize on the packet was 200 Euros(10000Rs) I asked the guy what it was he told me it was CAVIAR.

ayeshasadique
31st May 2006, 03:56 PM
that soan papdi is really yummy....even now when i am in india, i try finding them...i think the vendors may be seen in 'pookadai'