PDA

View Full Version : National Hockey League (NHL)

Sinthiya
30th May 2006, 08:56 AM
Let's discuss about Hockey...

Any hockey fans? :roll:

Sinthiya
30th May 2006, 08:57 AM
Oilers bound for Stanley Cup final
Last Updated: Sun May 28 00:52:38 EDT 2006
CBC Sports

The Edmonton Oilers survived an early Anaheim barrage and then took advantage of their scoring chances to advance to the Stanley Cup final for the first time in 16 years.

Forward Raffi Torres scored the game-winning goal of Game 5 as the Oilers defeated the Ducks 2-1 Saturday night in Anaheim.

Edmonton wins its best-of-seven Western Conference final 4-1 and will play the winner of the Buffalo-Carolina series in the final round.

The Oilers, who will try to capture the franchise's sixth championship, haven't played for hockey's ultimate prize since their 1990 Stanley Cup run.

Edmonton can also become the first Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup since the Montreal Canadiens completed the feat back in 1993.

"For the whole organization and all these players that have been here for so many years and battled tooth and nail, the core of our team, I couldn't be more happier for those guys," elated Oilers coach Craig MacTavish told Hockey Night In Canada.

"[There's] a great party I'm sure in Edmonton on Whyte Avenue tonight and everybody's got to enjoy it. The city needed it, as [Oilers chairman] Cal Nichols said before. It's good for the soul of the city and we're real happy to be going to the finals."

The Oilers recovered from a first period that saw Anaheim dominate physically. The Ducks used their speed and aggression to outshoot Edmonton 14-8 in the period, but could only manage a 1-0 lead.

"We didn't create enough inside," said Ducks coach Randy Carlyle. "We had opportunities in the hockey game to go inside a bit more, to get more traffic. I think we were guilty of not shooting the puck enough.

"We were in positions at times, from our perspective on the bench anyways, it looked like we could have shot the puck, and we didn't. We chose to pass off and I thought at times we got a little too cute with it."

Edmonton Oilers vs. Carolina Hurricanes/Buffallo Sabres...

Edmonton Oilers all the way...8-)....

Ghlli
30th May 2006, 04:41 PM
oh i love hockey...i used to play it for my school

Sinthiya
18th June 2006, 09:22 AM
Resilient Oilers force Game 7
17/06/2006 10:58:17 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ever-resilient Edmonton Oilers flexed their collective muscle Saturday night at Rexall Place and will now have the opportunity to win the franchise's sixth Stanley Cup.

The Oilers used three power-play goals to defeat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-0 in Game 6 as both teams head back to Raleigh, N.C., for the seventh and deciding game Monday night (CBC, 8 p.m. EDT).

The Hurricanes led this best-of-seven matchup 3-1, but the Oilers stepped up their special-teams play over the last two games to even the series.

Edmonton completed dominated Game 6 with a physical game that the Hurricanes simply couldn't match.

Forward Fernando Pisani led the Oilers with a goal and an assist, while defenceman Jaroslav Spacek added two assists.

Pisani now leads the post-season with 13 goals.

The Oilers scored the eventual game-winning goal at 1:45 of the second period on the power play.

Pisani slid a backhand off the left skate of Hurricanes defenceman Glen Wesley and by goaltender Cam Ward to give Edmonton a 1-0 lead.

for more: http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CBC-SPORTS-V2&newsitemid=hurricanes-oilers-nhl-playoffs&showbyline=True

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)....Edmonton all the way....!

chaotic whisperz
19th June 2006, 02:55 AM
IN MY OPINION, HOCKEY REALLY SUCKS

Sinthiya
20th June 2006, 09:10 AM
thanks for your input....:oops:...

Sinthiya
20th June 2006, 09:13 AM
Hurricanes capture 1st Stanley Cup
19/06/2006 11:03:13 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Carolina Hurricanes took a page out of the Edmonton Oilers' playbook Monday night to win the first Stanley Cup in the history of the franchise.

While they were thoroughly dominated and embarrassed by the more physical Oilers Saturday night, the Hurricanes turned the tables in Game 7 to beat Edmonton 3-1 in Raleigh, N.C.

Defenceman Frantisek Kaberle scored the game-winning goal at 4:18 of the second period as the Hurricanes won the best-of-seven series 4-3.

With the Hurricanes leading 1-0, Kaberle capitalized on the power play as Oilers defenceman Jaroslav Spacek was serving a holding penalty.

After saving the puck from crossing the blue-line, Cory Stillman fed a cross-ice pass to Kaberle, who blasted a shot that deflected off Oilers defenceman Jason Smith and past goaltender Jussi Markkanen.

Justin Williams added an empty-net goal at 18:59 of the final period to ice the game.

Despite the nervous tension that a Game 7 can bring, both teams began the game skating and thrilled the capacity Carolina crowd with continuous end-to-end action.

As expected, the Hurricanes came out flying, outhitting Edmonton 18-7 in the first period.

The Oilers finally got on the board at 1:03 of the third period to cut Carolina's lead to 2-1.

Cam Ward stopped Edmonton's first two shots, but forward Fernando Pisani stormed in and lifted a shot over the Hurricanes netminder. Pisani led the post-season with 14 goals.

The Hurricanes opened the scoring just 1:26 into the first period as they converted on an Edmonton turnover at centre ice.

Carolina defenceman Aaron Ward then took a pass from Mark Recchi at the blue-line and fired a low shot past Markkanen.

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CBC-SPORTS-V2&newsitemid=oilers-hurricanes-nhl-final-seven&showbyline=True

it was a sad game to watch...:(....but Edmonton came close from 3-1 series to tie the series...:)....next year, another Canadian team!

chaotic whisperz
21st June 2006, 05:41 AM
thanks for your input....:oops:...

no problem, i know my input is always appreciated

BTW, HOCKEY STILL SUCKS...

manmadan
21st June 2006, 05:47 AM
Hockey is very borin to watch, gd to watch if u want to fall asleep on sofa lol.
I have never played it b4 and i don't ever want to. Im kl with footie and cricket.

Sinthiya
21st June 2006, 05:48 AM
Hockey is very borin to watch, gd to watch if u want to fall asleep on sofa lol.
I have never played it b4 and i don't ever want to. Im kl with footie and cricket.
...baseball may be boring to watch...a game can last 2-3 hours... :roll: ...

...but, hockey is a little more fast-paced...like basketball...

...football (soccer)...and cricket :roll: ...don't know enough to comment...

Sinthiya
21st June 2006, 05:49 AM

:rotfl:...ok...:)

selvakumar
21st June 2006, 11:46 AM

:rotfl: :poke: :lol:

Sinthiya
21st June 2006, 07:23 PM

:roll: ... :x ... :evil: ... :twisted: ...

selvakumar
21st June 2006, 07:30 PM

:roll: ... :x ... :evil: ... :twisted: ...

:( :cry:

Sinthiya
21st June 2006, 07:43 PM
:( :cry:
:lol2:

Surya
22nd June 2006, 12:48 AM
:?

chaotic whisperz
24th June 2006, 07:14 AM
what the raaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss???????????

manuel
4th August 2006, 11:09 AM
This is definitely a good topic to be discussed for hockey fans...

NHL started with much pomp-fair and lot of promise but 3 years down the line it still has not helped us improve our international performance in any way...

Although thanks to it .. atleast now our hockey players have an opportunity to earn some money out of it....

Sinthiya
22nd August 2006, 06:01 AM
:)....i'm glad someone appreciates this thread...:oops:...

manuel
23rd August 2006, 06:26 PM
:)....i'm glad someone appreciates this thread...:oops:...

Its sad!!! no one to discuss Hockey and it is .... the Indian National Game ....

One thing for sure......there is no Future for Hockey.

Sinthiya
24th August 2006, 07:24 AM
Its sad!!! no one to discuss Hockey and it is .... the Indian National Game ....

One thing for sure......there is no Future for Hockey.
hmm....

NHL season will begin in soon in Canada/US.... :roll: ....(still few months left....)

ajithfederer
29th May 2010, 10:23 AM
Philadelphia Flyers playing Chicago Blackhawks for Stanley Cup Finals.

All the best Flyers 8-).

ajithfederer
30th May 2010, 11:23 PM
Flyers lose to chicago 5-6.

Next game on May 31st.

ajithfederer
3rd June 2010, 11:20 PM
Flyers win against chicago yesterday. Chicago still leads by 2-1 and the next game is at Philadelphia.

ajithfederer
5th June 2010, 10:00 AM
Flyers win the 4th game. The series is tied at 2-2.

ajithfederer
7th June 2010, 09:24 PM
Chicago wins game 5. The series is in favor of them at 3-2. 6th game is at Philadelphia again.