PDA

View Full Version : Women having UPPER HAND

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 02:12 PM
How many can tolerate a woman having upper hand?

Not necessarily officially even otherwise at various situations.

Is it tough to digest a woman rule her reign?

just a curious poll.

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 02:14 PM
I should say,

I view women with admiration.
I love them to be up in career or decision making.

BUT IF IT CONCERNS WITH ME TAKING COMMANDS FROM ANYONE.........sorry its tough.

AND defnitely I CANNOT TAKE COMMANDS FROM A WOMAN

:(

That may be the reason, I probably am more comfortable with men :roll:, even if they command I can listen at times :( :oops:

bingleguy
2nd June 2006, 02:28 PM
Why such a thought .... i say, in every family women definitely have a say ! They give their inputs !
The question makes ppl feel that women are not commanding !

Commanding is not something that is taken from somebody or to be given to somebody !

It is somebodys basic quality !

I would say there shld be NO "YES BOSS" concept, be it a gal or a guy ! Afterall anybody can suggest good to anybody !

There are men, who say that "Cannot take command from a women" NO ... this is not the way !
Earlier, My BOSS was a LADY, i really admire her commanding power ! She is really admirable in her work, in her delegation ... many more things !

It is good to work with a GOOD LEADER ! do not think whether that is a woman or a man !

selvakumar
2nd June 2006, 02:31 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

bingleguy
2nd June 2006, 02:34 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sandeep
2nd June 2006, 03:10 PM
I voted NO, as a generic answer (not specifically related to job).

crazy
2nd June 2006, 04:07 PM
if someone got the ability to command, then whats the big deal? woman or man, its just the same!

i voted yes! :D

rami
2nd June 2006, 04:07 PM
It depends on the person.. If the person is going to be a real knowlegeable person, talented and with real gud leadership skills, I dont mind being a Yes Boss to such a person..

But otherwise.. I hate being ordered..

Raghu
2nd June 2006, 05:43 PM
sp acca, poto sooper, pineetenga ponga

anbudan

PERANDI :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raghu

selvakumar
2nd June 2006, 05:44 PM
SP had already created so many threads on whether women can do this or that etc.

SP... Do u have any inner desires to smoke, drink and control others ? :twisted: :roll: (just kidding)

:lol:

P.S: I request you to open more threads like this :P

bingleguy
2nd June 2006, 06:03 PM
:lol: Selva machi ... u rock da !

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 06:07 PM
SP... Do u have any inner desires to smoke, drink and control others ? :twisted: :roll: (just kidding)

I am trying to tell myself the above post is funny.
I am trying earnestly.

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 06:08 PM
bg,

u asked me WHY? such differentiation.

well....... just i am made that way.

I hate to take orders.
More so from a woman.

crazy
2nd June 2006, 06:09 PM
I hate to take orders.
More so from a woman.

:roll:

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 06:15 PM
nandri ragu.

innikku kalaika fresh aa edutha photo :D

Hulkster
2nd June 2006, 06:21 PM
To me I do not see woman as inferior and man as superior...i view the world as god and humans and i always judge a man or woman on their personality rather than what sex they are. If a woman has the personality of being able to cooperate and knows what she is doing...why not be under her? Humans should be viewed upon their characters and personality..not what they look like.

As for chauvinists and others who cant tolerate the opposite sex in control...mettaiyilae mettum iruvarum samama irukkirom...athey ottrumai yen vaazhkaiyilae irukka kudaathu? Shakthi ellamal shivanum ellei...shivanum ellamal shakthiyum ellei...:D

crazy
2nd June 2006, 06:34 PM
To me I do not see woman as inferior and man as superior...i view the world as god and humans and i always judge a man or woman on their personality rather than what sex they are. If a woman has the personality of being able to cooperate and knows what she is doing...why not be under her? Humans should be viewed upon their characters and personality..not what they look like.

As for chauvinists and others who cant tolerate the opposite sex in control...mettaiyilae mettum iruvarum samama irukkirom...athey ottrumai yen vaazhkaiyilae irukka kudaathu? Shakthi ellamal shivanum ellei...shivanum ellamal shakthiyum ellei...:D

hulk ................touch panniteenga ponga :thumbsup: :clap:

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 06:38 PM
Good points hulk
Known points too
True points too

:D
:)

Hulkster
2nd June 2006, 06:45 PM
SP Akka...oru vithamana points sonaal podum..anniyan mathiri different description sonaangae kobam vanthidum..:x

Arthi
2nd June 2006, 06:47 PM
I cann't be a "yes Boss" to anybody, I hate being commaded.

I know am wrong.. I need to change...
This is one of my negatives.

rocketboy
2nd June 2006, 06:59 PM
It depends on the person in question. Any Tom Dick and Harry can issue orders. It does not call for any special talents. I'll take orders only from a person who is more competent(more capable, more intelligent, more knowledgeable)than me . I won't mind if my boss is a woman or a man or a boy or a girl. Consider this situation . A fresher armed with a management degree from a top B school commands a scientist who has a proven track record in his domain, about how the whole project is to be done. Do you think the scientist should take orders from the rookie? IMHO ,no definitely not. IMHO managers should have domain specific knowledge. A manager working in a pharmaceutical firm should be equipped with a basic degree in pharmacy. A manager in an automobile company should know very well about automobiles.

P.S: IMHO management skills are something you acquire over the years. IMHO the whole concept is too abstract to be taught as a subject in school.

ssanjinika
2nd June 2006, 07:33 PM
When it comes to family,men and women have (should have)equal importance.There is no question of one saying something and the other blindly listening..
But women in important positions(particularly in politics and in seats of power) ,I dont know if women are the best choice.Dont get me wrong Im just talking scientifically ,women tend to be much more emotional than men.Thats not a good quality to have when making important decisions which will affect the lives of other human beings.For this reason alone Im not sure if women should be in positions which require a cool head at all times.

Hulkster
2nd June 2006, 07:37 PM
When it comes to family,men and women have (should have)equal importance.There is no question of one saying something and the other blindly listening..
But women in important positions(particularly in politics and in seats of power) ,I dont know if women are the best choice.Dont get me wrong Im just talking scientifically ,women tend to be much more emotional than men.Thats not a good quality to have when making important decisions which will affect the lives of other human beings.For this reason alone Im not sure if women should be in positions which require a cool head at all times.

SS Akka...when all born are into the world they are not born with any characteristics...they are the same..its only the way we perceive the world and our decisions that make our character..the same thing can be applied there...yes women can be abit more emotional...but there a women who are also very strong in their mindset which proves that their decisions and interpretations are what that define them even if they do have such birth characteristics...so in that manner i believe women are subtle for such roles...and thins like making important decisions are not bound to men or women...it is bound to anybody who are able to think generally and can differentiate between a risk and the truth.

ssanjinika
2nd June 2006, 08:10 PM
hmm u may have a point there hulk..
naa oru study pathuttu sonnen.There are a lot of differences in the ways the minds of a man and woman work.Chemicals proportions in the body is different thats why they behave differently.Thats why they tend to be more emotional.Dunno if thats an acquired characteristic.

Raghu
2nd June 2006, 08:22 PM

Selva

Don't u think this is a bit harsh on our SP acca? :cry: :roll:

SP acca,

Haow have u been long tiem no c? any way... I was just joking about the photo,.

dev
2nd June 2006, 08:28 PM
SP,

Enna topic ithu???!!!... :shock: I can listen to others orders(be it man or women) when situation demands & where reasonable but I never let ppl bully me...
But basically enaku konjm superiority complex irukkunu solraanga... Naan pesura tone-ye niraya perukku commanding tone-aa theriyuthaama(even though I don't mean to be commanding).... :roll: Hulk, what do U think?... Neenga ennai observe panni iruppengale!!!...

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 08:53 PM
raghu,

thats okei :D

dev,

I dont know how I am analysing myself.
Its a biggest puzzle in me.

I SALUTE WOMEN in high power, rulers as women, women as entrepreneurs etc.

But when it comes to ME LISTENING TO ORDERS, I actually TOLERATE with great difficulty :(

It pisses me off to be ordered by ANYBODY may it be man or woman.

I hate (hate to highest degree) TO take orders from anyone. If anyone says it with a pleasing tone than ordering, I can bend down to them and do anything they want. DEFINITELY NOT ORDERING around.

When I imagine that to be a woman, ITS EVEN MORE difficult to bow my head :(

Surprisingly, I bow, I ask sorry, I plead, LISTEN, and nod my head cause of extreme level of tolerance I have.

I should say I have INFERIORITY COMPLEX. Surprisingly again, PPL WHO TALK WITH ME, or move with me initially MISTAKE ME TO have superiority complex.

Analysis is quite confusing. Whatever said n done, I KNOW THIS DISCRETION ON MEN AND WOMEN is wrong. I try to tell my mind its wrong, yet.......I am not succeeding.

Raikkonen
2nd June 2006, 08:56 PM
Intha question-ai

O Pannerselvam, S ve shekar kitta ketta nalla bathil solluvango...

ramky
2nd June 2006, 09:48 PM
How many can tolerate a woman having upper hand?

Not necessarily officially even otherwise at various situations.

Is it tough to digest a woman rule her reign?

just a curious poll.

I dont mind working under a woman who is more knowledgable than me in my field of work. I believe that Experience & Knowledge, and the application of both effectively, matters more for doing a job well, and if its a woman who is the boss, its not an issue with me. But I cant be an Yes Man to any boss, be it a "male-aana male" or a "femme fatale" !
In other situations, it depends on what it is specifically.
On the domestic front, I believe in equal partnership.

dev
2nd June 2006, 09:54 PM
I hate (hate to highest degree) TO take orders from anyone. If anyone says it with a pleasing tone than ordering, I can bend down to them and do anything they want. DEFINITELY NOT ORDERING around.

An order is an order anyway... :wink: :) But yes, the tone makes hell a lot of difference... I too tend to be rebellious when the tone is up(of course, the level of the rebel spirit depends on the situation)... I can take an order in a normal tone... but when it is raised, I feel it bullying... :roll: I believe a knowledgeable, matured soul wouldn't raise tone unnecessarily...

Lambretta
2nd June 2006, 10:10 PM
*dig
nandri ragu.

innikku kalaika fresh aa edutha photo :D
Ohooo......not bad SP akka, atleast neenga ippo podavai-athu kattirkenga! :wink: :lol:
Or was it jus for the photo? :poke: :rotfl:
Btw, saw ur look-alike (except tat shez CHUBBY cheeked!) again recently.....she'd come down from Hyd. to visit her father (our upper flat neighbour).....:D
/dig

As for ur topic here......well, not really in a mood to post nething abt it now......so later! :D

Shakthiprabha.
2nd June 2006, 10:18 PM
lambretta,
my look alike???????????

whoooooooooo?????????

Lambretta
2nd June 2006, 11:20 PM
lambretta,
my look alike???????????

whoooooooooo?????????
:lol:
Dont u rem.....I told u abt this same lady once in the "how u picturise hubbers" thread.....ok, to refresh ur memory.....shez rather plump (as u said u r), is around ur age (or maybe even a lil older....hmm...) wears her hair in a ponytail (as u said u do), wears only Salwars....& now occasionally jeans + kurta (again, as u said u do!)....so its bcos of these similarities (barring her CHUBBY cheeks!) tat I pictured u to be like her.......ok, sorry I shuda said U r HER look-alike (in my mind!) :P :lol:
I'd seen her often at Hyd'bad wen we lived ther (altho never knew her until we moved here!)......she used to go driving around in this nice old Herald car owned by her hubby......I'd gone to buy it last yr but the ****** was asking too much for it (50k!).... :evil: :hammer:
Finally he sold it to sum friend of his!

Ghlli
3rd June 2006, 12:01 AM
i cant listen to both...i listen to myself :D

Lambretta
3rd June 2006, 12:06 AM
Yea no wonder u turned into a kutti saithaan! :poke: :twisted: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
3rd June 2006, 12:08 AM
hey kewl lambretta :D

ghilli :D

I think JUSTICE voted like me :roll:

he did not leave any message though

Lambretta
3rd June 2006, 12:14 AM
*dig
hey kewl lambretta :D
Um..ethu? Avanga kannathu thaane?! :wink: :P
Aha.....neenga romba seekrathile inge vara porenguh-nu thonnarthu! :lol:
/dig

Ghlli
3rd June 2006, 12:28 AM
:roll: kutty chandramukhi teriyum...whats saithaan? :roll:

Yea no wonder u turned into a kutti saithaan! :poke: :twisted: :lol:

Justice
3rd June 2006, 01:25 AM

:notworthy: for speakin my mind

Ghlli
3rd June 2006, 03:37 AM
SAME!!!

i hate it when my mum orders me to do stuff :hammer:

but my dad goes:

chellam, kutty, darling, chella buba...enaku bla bla bla

and then i will do it :D....i'f i'm in the mood :roll:

but my mum says it like that i have to do it...:hammer: so i never do it and we always fight :banghead:

Priyankak
3rd June 2006, 04:35 AM
SAME!!!

i hate it when my mum orders me to do stuff :hammer:

but my dad goes:

chellam, kutty, darling, chella buba...enaku bla bla bla

and then i will do it :D....i'f i'm in the mood :roll:

but my mum says it like that i have to do it...:hammer: so i never do it and we always fight :banghead:

chinna pillai thanama iruku.. :lol:

Ghlli
3rd June 2006, 04:46 AM
:roll: :lol: china pillai china pillai marthiri thaanae irukum...:roll:

my mum...still in such an immature mood :rotfl: :roll:

Justice
3rd June 2006, 06:31 AM
Gaayu kutti, I hate orders, parents are exception :wink: (but not thangachies :evil: :P )

Hulkster
3rd June 2006, 08:21 AM
As for ordering around, this has nothing to do with both sexes...again its to do with their choices and mindstet. A boss can be very unfair and ordering type maybe due to he/her viewing his/her employees cautiously or maybe its a test to see whether the employee can withstand such pressure...although there are certain people who pick on others and order them around...usually it is only to encourage them to work harder unless the boss is someone who can be easily affected mentally.

Dev akka naan ninaikiraen neenga commanding ellei nu...i only remember u smiling and did not feel any commanding presence around u..:)

mgb
3rd June 2006, 10:08 AM

Gaayu.. inime unga ammaku maturity vandhu, adhuku apram unakku maturity vandhu... loooooooooong way to go :lol: just kidding

mgb
3rd June 2006, 10:10 AM
Dev akka naan ninaikiraen neenga commanding ellei nu...i only remember u smiling and did not feel any commanding presence around u..:)
You are 100% Wrong

Shakthiprabha.
3rd June 2006, 01:50 PM
I love (with CAPITAL L) to order....... :roll: though I rarely do it :roll:

Ghlli
4th June 2006, 04:39 AM
actualy...no one except my parents order me around so much...well teachers dont count...so i will do it if others say....but if parents order me around...i'll never do it :evil:

i order annas around...annas cant order me :poke:

Gaayu kutti, I hate orders, parents are exception :wink: (but not thangachies :evil: :P )

Ghlli
4th June 2006, 04:40 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes yes long way to go :lol:

Gaayu.. inime unga ammaku maturity vandhu, adhuku apram unakku maturity vandhu... loooooooooong way to go :lol:just kidding

dsath
5th June 2006, 04:08 PM
actualy...no one except my parents order me around so much...well teachers dont count...so i will do it if others say....but if parents order me around...i'll never do it :evil:

Typical teen attitude.Reminds me of my own teen years :) .

Lambretta
5th June 2006, 04:24 PM

Sounds scary...! :shock: :oops:

ramky
5th June 2006, 08:31 PM

there's nothing to be scared of ! adolescent age is the age when the person thinks that he or she knows more than one's parents - so if they say something which sounds like eve a wee bit advising, the person will rebel against it. its a phase which all have to go through in life ! :)

solona
6th June 2006, 09:52 AM
I had a group of 6 ladies under my order 2 years ago. They all told me that with my cool and jovial attitude they felt at ease with me. I just had to ask for and it was done. So, it is simply the way how you behave with the team.

Actually women are always softer then men, so when it comes to commanding a group they try to act strict and that alway gets them a bad image. Being cool you also have to have them keep in mind that u are the BOSS.

Anyway that worked well for me. I have excellent relatioon ship with my ex colleagues.

But personally it is better to work with men, less gossip, less competition, jealousy etc. Ashamed to say but yes men are much more cool colleagues

bingleguy
6th June 2006, 10:48 AM
Oh my ! Solona, u ve redefined :-) the way ladies behave !
I wont say everybody is like that, gossip, jealousy and competition !

Well i would say COMPETITION in a healthier way is better ! Gossip - Tis all good when u dont gossip about ur own friends, collegues ... thats really a bad habit ! Jealousy .... Gals pour it out, guys dont - thats the difference !

Well commanding does sometimes require to act strict, that too a person who has a soft nature reacts, that looks odd, sometimes even ppl giggle at that ! :(

Women, understands situations and sometimes dont ! Tis good to be under a woman whos caring and understandable, with little strict gestures and ofcourse giving a lot of motivation !

Lambretta
6th June 2006, 11:07 AM
there's nothing to be scared of ! adolescent age is the age when the person thinks that he or she knows more than one's parents - so if they say something which sounds like eve a wee bit advising, the person will rebel against it. its a phase which all have to go through in life ! :)
Ya I know...:)
Jus scares me a bit to know tat even girls wud've been like tat! :P :D

Lambretta
6th June 2006, 11:08 AM
Women, understands situations and sometimes dont ! Tis good to be under a woman whos caring and understandable, with little strict gestures and ofcourse giving a lot of motivation !
Tis even better to live w/ such a woman than work under her, wudnt u say?! :wink: :D

dev
6th June 2006, 11:11 AM
Ya I know...:)
Jus scares me a bit to know tat even girls wud've been like tat! :P :D

:roll: ... I guess every human being is like that, no matter be it a boy or girl... Naan ellam panninathai ninaichaal enake ippo :oops: aa iruku...

bingleguy
6th June 2006, 01:43 PM
Tis even better to live w/ such a woman than work under her, wudnt u say?! :wink: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ghlli
10th June 2006, 01:41 AM
maybe but my parents advice me too too much :banghead:

and i'm still not in my teens :lol:

Ghlli
10th June 2006, 01:47 AM
ya i'm scary :roll:

rachel
10th June 2006, 03:16 AM
8-)

rachel
10th June 2006, 03:17 AM
8-)

Braandan
10th June 2006, 07:46 AM
Those who have a full length arm are supposed to have an upper hand and a lower hand and an elbow in between. It is the upper hand which supports the lower one but it is the lower one which is supposed to do all the work. But the elbow (the joint) between them is the most important. It turns the lower hand appropriately but not the wrong way.

What is wrong if woman have the upper hand?. I have worked under different woman bosses for more than 5 years (my present one is also a woman and I am proud to work with her)
Who said that the boss should always be a man?