8) Loosu Penne (Club Mix) by G.Prem & Simbhu
9) Yammaadi Aathaadi by T. Rajendar, Silambarasan, Suchitra & Mahathi

Ramakrishna
2nd June 2006, 11:59 PM
Yes, songs is out have got it!
damn songs is amazing (;
7 songs + one theme music .

Vallava Enna : (Sunithi & Saavan ):
Hooray Hooray Hip: (Sunitha, nagul, Ranjith & Karthik )
Kadhal Vanthiruchi : (Simbu & PremjSmiley
Loosu Pennae Remix : (Simbu & PlashSmiley
Ammadi Athadi : (T.Rajenthar, Suchithra, Simbu & MahathSmiley
Podu Attam : (Vijay & Yesudass)
Loosu Pennae : (Simbu & Plash)
Theme Music

audio released?

baba88
3rd June 2006, 01:29 AM
Vallavan Songs can be downloaded at
www.Tamilmp3tracks.com

rashid2raj
3rd June 2006, 01:47 AM
Appadaa.. Finally songs out.. Downloading..

rashid2raj
3rd June 2006, 01:55 AM
I guess it's Blaaze & not plash.. What to say.. Songs are definetely good.. BUT not up to my expectations even though.. Would say Manmadhan 2..

slperson1
3rd June 2006, 04:27 AM
kadhal vanthiruchi has portions of 50 cent's in d club.
Vallava Enna is a good song.this album has a manmadhan hang over feel

villan007
3rd June 2006, 11:16 AM
Rocking Album :thumbsup:

MrJudge
3rd June 2006, 12:01 PM
Loosu penne is easily pick of the album!

rashid2raj
3rd June 2006, 01:12 PM
Loosu penne is easily pick of the album!

YAA.. this time i agree with you :lol: Loosu Pennea ROCKS.. BLAAZE.. 8-)

inetk
3rd June 2006, 05:44 PM
100 words.
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/

Djpak
3rd June 2006, 06:59 PM
Loosu penne = Gangsta marrige (Pudehupettai) :|

interz
3rd June 2006, 09:20 PM
Vallavan enna, Loosu Penne (both versions) and Kathal vanthiruchu ( new version) are great.

Ammadi Aathadi, Poodu Aattam, Hooray Hooray Hip not refresing, same old dandanakka.

Songs could have been better, but its not that bad afterall.

Raikkonen
3rd June 2006, 09:39 PM
Ammadi Athadi is Perarasu's
Loosu Penne is the best for me..

sureshmehcnit
4th June 2006, 09:01 AM
Actually there are 9 songs in the album.

Here is my review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/06/vallavan-winner-commercially.html

Dreamchaser
4th June 2006, 12:22 PM
Actually there are 9 songs in the album.

Here is my review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/06/vallavan-winner-commercially.html

Yes, you are right Suresh!

1) Podu Aattampodu by Vijay Yesudas
2) Loosu Penne by Silambarasan & Blaaze
3) He Knows What To Do (Theme Music)
4) Hip Hip Hurrey by Karthik & Sunitha Sarathy
5) Success of Love (Theme Music)
6) Vallava by Sunidhi Chauhan
7) Kadhal Vandhudichu by Silambarasan
8) Loosu Penne (Club Mix) by G.Prem & Simbhu
9) Yammaadi Aathaadi by T. Rajendar, Silambarasan, Suchitra & Mahathi

Source: Click Here (http://www.tamilnapster.com/forums/site-news/announcements.html)

thamizhvaanan
4th June 2006, 02:05 PM
I am disappointed with this album :roll: only few songs are listenable!

rashid2raj
6th June 2006, 12:08 AM
there ain't much talk about Vallavan songs in tfmpage.. probably nothing special to talk about..

dinesh2002
6th June 2006, 06:55 AM
no offence,but the album is average....loose penne is the 1 stands up to the typical YSR standard.... and please do not compare to manmadhan....manmadhan is top class....nothing here is in the league with Thathai,ABCD maranthepooche,and manmadhane....

thamizhvaanan
6th June 2006, 07:22 AM
The songs are outrageously bad!!! everysong has certain glimpse of brilliance or passage that captures ur attention, but rest of them turns out to be a headache! YSR seems to be at the nadir of his creativity!

Justice
6th June 2006, 09:11 AM
Vallavan rocks.. Simbhu+YSR combo always rocks :thumbsup: it's another Manmathan

Scale
6th June 2006, 10:51 AM
100 words.
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the review. Visiting Uriah Heep's again... :shock: I have
visited IR-ARR several times but never checked this track. Now I doubt how many MD's knew about your itwofs (http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-ir.html) & findings.

vallavaa ennai vellavaa is good. :thumbsup:

MrJudge
6th June 2006, 11:08 AM
"there ain't much talk about Vallavan songs in tfmpage.. probably nothing special to talk about.."

If you consider talks in tfmpage will reflect the success/failure of an album, every album of your MD should be a tremendous success...But the reality at the ground is different. So no need to worry :)

Sanjeevi
6th June 2006, 11:19 AM
I have not yet heard this album. I hope it will happen soon. I

rashid2raj
6th June 2006, 01:57 PM
If you consider talks in tfmpage will reflect the success/failure of an album, ...

Eppo sonnan.. ????????????? I jus claimed that there wasn't much talk about much hyped songs.. I didn't say words such as succes/failure.. Why do you fabricate ?? :lol:

MrJudge
6th June 2006, 03:29 PM
rashid2raj,

Sorry, I apologize. bit carried away.

"probably nothing special to talk about.."

My intention was to point out that you cannot solely rely on tfmpage's discussion to weigh things.

vasanth2006
6th June 2006, 03:59 PM
Loosu penne, vallava, hip hip hooray are very good songs.

Loosu penne is the highlight of the album. it is an extraordibnary number. intha pattin tune en manathil reengaramidugirathu. I repeatedly hearing this song in my system.
Rap bit in the slightly pathos based melody is something new.
rap bit by blaaze is simply amazing.
it is in the league of "kannai vittu" from pattiyal.
I expected from yuvan like this songs.

Vallava is the melody number with techno beat.

hip hip hooray is the grand muscial catchy tune. but yuvan could have improved the BGM of this song. fine tuning is missing in this song.

podu attambodu, yammadi are the numbers that are influenced by simbu.
But why Yuvan is accepting to do in the level of srikanth deva? i am disappointed with these songs. even though this songs having better tunes.
Hit of the songs in the market is different. quality is different.

podu attamam podu is very noisy. definitely yuvan could have fine tuned the BGM of this song. Yuvan should give the kuttu songs like "thippidikka","nattu saraku". that are decent numbers.

yammadi is the very good kuttu tune. but TR spoiled that song with his high pitched throat. another disappointing.

I hate remixes of yuvan even though "kadhal vanthiruchu" has catcy rhytms and very good rap bit.

Simply commerical musical album with exceptional number "Loosu penne".

Sanjeevi
6th June 2006, 04:42 PM
[tscii:fe5b81b236]‘Vallavan’ Music: Yuvan has proved once again!!

Nine songs!! Phew! Vallavan might be embroiled in a series of controversies, but they have managed to release their audio. Going by the number of songs (six, two theme songs), curiosity about this film is only on the rise. We have heard some better songs of Yuvan, though Vallavan is definitely above average. Here is what we think about all the songs:

Podu Attampodu (Vijay Yesudas)

This is a typical “kuthu” song, that has now come to become an indelible part of any film. A song that epitomizes the happy-go-lucky mentality of a teenager, where idealism runs high and the hunger to win, no matter what, is the mantra of this song.

The song is peppy, though reminds one of a lot of other similar numbers.

A lot of scope for Simbu to prove his prowess yet again as a dancer – fast, racy, packed with attitude, and perhaps, the perfect introductory song for Simbu and his character in the film – if we are to go by the brief storyline that are doing rounds today. Vijay Yesudas sounds different, giving the song that added punch.

Loosu Penne (Silambarasan, Blaaze)

With India’s most-sought after rapper Blaaze in the song, don’t expect too much of a rap number. The song has a slow beat throughout, and is an all out romantic number. A song that can easily be visualized as the hero pining for his lady love. Simbu has sung a few lines in the song as well, and actually shows promise as a singer. Blaaze, though, has been used very differently in this song, with not so much rap as there is melody.

The song undoubtedly has a hip-hop feel to it, and Yuvan, has proved once again, that he is definitely a new generation music director. In this song, he captures the essence of a young man singing his unrequited loved for a girl, and has used the “Blaaze” effect to his advantage. This is the kind of song to sink into when alone, and will definitely be on of the chart toppers from the film.

Vallavan – theme music

Definitely one of the best in the album – the theme music is catchy, brings out the essence of the film perfectly. A little bit of mystery, a little adventure, a few thrills, and a pace that will keep you asking for more. The theme music illustrates Yuvan’s perfect understanding of the script, at least, as far as the music goes. Now whether the scenes and visuals in the film complement that is to be seen. Literally!

Hip Hip Hurrey (Karthik, Sunitha Sarathy)

The beginning bit of the music is reminiscent of the Final Countdown refrain by the group, Toto. A song that brings to light the arrogance (perhaps) that comes with the will to overcome anything in life. The lyrics talk about the antics a student usually indulges in while at school, and takes it a step further playing out the “I don’t care attitude”. Again a fast paced song, not so much on the kuthu number lines though.

Karthik’s voice sounds refreshing, after having heard him in innumerable melody songs, and Sunitha, as always, fits the “western” element in the song to a T. The song, on the whole, is very average. A tune that will slip your mind pretty soon.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Musicreviews/vallavan/vallavan-music-review.html

[/tscii:fe5b81b236]

Sanjeevi
6th June 2006, 04:47 PM
[tscii:443ad32064]Success of Love

There is a slightly comic feel to this tune, more along the lines of being mischievous and naughty. Short and simple, more as a recording bit than as something that can actually be heard as part of the tape. But it goes beyond our imagination on why this tune was named Success of Love?!!

Vallava (Sunidhi Chauhan)

Finally a song from the female perspective! Sunidhi Chauhan’s voice is extremely powerful in this song, and is in fact, the saving grace of the song. It is much along the lines of a “Manmadhane” song from the film Manmadha, in terms of the feel and the lyrics of the song. Clearly someone who is besotted by the “Vallava” is singing this song – can very well imagine montage shots of Simbu and the woman in question in a series of “cute” scenes.

An extremely typical song, offers nothing new, and sounds like a mixture of a host of earlier Yuvan numbers.

Kadhal Vandhiduchu (Silambarasan)

In this age of remixes of old Tamil songs, here is another one. From the Kamal Hassan starrer, Japanil Kalyanaraman, this song is a remix of the hugely popular song, “Kadhal Vandiduchu”, sung by Kamal Hassan himself in a caricatured voice. In many ways, this is probably Simbu’s imitation of the stalwart, in terms of choosing Kamal’s song, singing it himself and in the same style.

Like we mentioned earlier, Simbu clearly shows promises as a singer a la Kamal Hassan. As a remix, it is interesting. Yuvan has retained much of its original feel, giving it just a few extra beats, and his trademark rap lines in English in the song. Definitely one that will be one of the chart busters. A fun, happy song.

Club Mix of Loosu Penne (G Prem and Simbu)

Pretty much a remix of the original Loosu Penne song in the film sans Blaaze. Personally, we prefer the original which had a nice feel to it, though this will be a favourite in discotheques in the city.

Yammadi Aathaadi (T Rajendar, Silambarasan, Suchitra, Mahathi)

Father and son team up for this song, which is again a kuthu song – extremely fast paced and racy. Nothing to say on the lyrics, a typical masala song. After a long time, one gets to hear T Rajendar singing a song, and he pretty much sounds the same.

Again a lot of scope for Simbu to show his dancing skills… one now wonders if T Rajendar will be making a guest appearance for this song? Not one of the best in the film, a very average song. Both in terms of the music and the lyrics.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Musicreviews/vallavan/vallavan-music-review-1.html
[/tscii:443ad32064]

rashid2raj
6th June 2006, 05:15 PM
rashid2raj,

Sorry, I apologize. bit carried away.

"probably nothing special to talk about.."

My intention was to point out that you cannot solely rely on tfmpage's discussion to weigh things.

:wink:

MrJudge
8th June 2006, 07:45 PM
After listening to Vallavan a few more times, i think it has more mass appeal than Manmadhan. Loosu penne, vallava for class and podu, ammadi for mass! It has a right balance for both sections.

baba88
8th June 2006, 10:55 PM
Loosu Penne and Vallava are good songs. But the other songs are in the league of composers like Srikanth Deva.

MrJudge
8th June 2006, 11:24 PM
Simbu had done some additional programming in Manmadhan. This time CD inlay cover does not list Simbu's name among the technicians worked. What happened? busy dating nayan :roll:

Yuvan just rocks :thumbsup:

rashid2raj
8th June 2006, 11:31 PM
Loosu Penne and Vallava are good songs. But the other songs are in the league of composers like Srikanth Deva.

YSR dappangkuttu songs are much much better than Srikanth devas..

MADDY
9th June 2006, 10:56 AM
Loosu penne song is good :D .....but simbu's voice in some places go really "abaswaram"....i have noticed this is couple of other YSR's songs.....does he do this deliberately??? if it is, then not a good idea.......

moreover, blaaze has done wonder to the song, atleast now, YSR shuld realise the diff. in quality betn blaaze and prem G.....

Sanjeevi
9th June 2006, 11:11 AM
Loosu penne song is good :D .....but simbu's voice in some places go really "abaswaram"....i

I feel the same

MrJudge
15th June 2006, 11:47 AM
[tscii:85b13a75e0]TR not only sang but dancing too :roll:

-----------------------------------------

Simbu and TR swing together!
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 15 June , 2006, 10:35

Silambaran the youngest director of Kollywood directed his dad TR (T.R.Rajendar) and together they danced for a peppy folk number at Prasad studio in Chennai.

Said Simbu to Moviebuzz: “It is for the first time that a son is directing his dad who has directed him as a child artist! It was a great experience, indeed unique”. Lead actresses Reema Sen and Nayantara joined them in the song Yammadi..Aathadi Unne Enakku Pidichirukku… written by director Perarasu, tuned by Yuvan Shankar Raja and sung by TR, Simbu, Suchitra and Mahati.

A new choreographer Yaseen is being introduced by Simbu for this song and was shot by a cameraman who makes music videos for MTV. Nayan and Reema found it difficult to keep pace with hero Simbu a born dancer and TR joins them in the end of this song with lyrics- “Thanks Appa…”. Together they had a blast picturising this fast number which will be one of the highlights of the film.

Says P.L.Thenappan, producer of the film: “This dance number is sure going to be a hit with the youth, people are sure to dance in the theatres”. [/tscii:85b13a75e0]

vasanth2006
15th June 2006, 01:21 PM
Regarding yammadi song, it has really mass appeal and superb tune.
Instead of TR, if any other singer sings the song, then it could sounds better than now IMHO. His high pitch throat is irritating. However now also it sounds good. It is enjoyable. (Especially yamma yamma yamma yammamma bit). I am speaking in the kuthu song point of view.

MusicIsLife
15th June 2006, 11:53 PM
Loose penne are listenable, but other songs, i just shut it down, sometimes it happens that after the movie, i might like the song (it will take atleast 6 months) after the release of vallavan for sure.

ARUNPRAKASHKRISHNAN
16th June 2006, 03:53 AM
listened to the songs.not to the level of 7G R C.

ansa400
16th June 2006, 08:13 AM
Actually Loose penne song is good. The tune which comes during the start and also at the end reminds me of Kushi BGM, anyways cool song. Few months back Tanvi in a chat with Blaaze in The Hindu said that she had sung this song. I dont hear any female voice in this song. :huh:

slperson1
16th June 2006, 08:50 AM
yeah i also thought lusu pennai sounds just liek the main background music in kushi.

MrJudge
16th June 2006, 10:02 AM
Actually Loose penne song is good. The tune which comes during the start and also at the end reminds me of Kushi BGM, anyways cool song. Few months back Tanvi in a chat with Blaaze in The Hindu said that she had sung this song. I dont hear any female voice in this song. :huh:

There is a female chorus coming in the song, done by Tanvi?

Sanjeevi
16th June 2006, 10:16 AM
For the first time YSR has given a successful mass album with full of mass songs to reach a to z people. Manmadhal was class and now he has come up with mass songs and the songs automatically have great heights only because of he has come from IR's school. Definitely it will sure top of the charts.

Yuvan follows his father for "Yammadi" song and it is 100% IR style.

ansa400
16th June 2006, 11:42 AM
There is a female chorus coming in the song, done by Tanvi?

Ok....that should be Tanvi's voice.

Renault
18th June 2006, 08:36 PM
Tanvi also sang Pul Pesum in PP, I think.

kb
19th June 2006, 11:36 PM
yeah i also thought lusu pennai sounds just liek the main background music in kushi.

very true I thought of posting.. u already did...

muzammil_fr
20th June 2006, 12:01 AM
when Simbu sing Kathal Varatha Kathal Varathey , it remaind some old song, but don't know which one, otherwish a good recycle bin song :)

Personnely i like this song, it's good song, but not fresh
Blaaze Rap is super, Yuvan Get super Rap From blaaze.

MrJudge
20th June 2006, 01:57 PM
[tscii:7796d35397] Vallavan - Mass beats
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, June 20, 2006]

Yuvanshankar Raja is on a red-hot streak in Kollywood rendering chartbusters at regular intervals. Working with several prominent production houses, he seems to have adopted a style for himself and seems to be going steady day after day.

After Manmadhan, Yuvan has teamed up with Silambarasan for Vallavan and has come out with foot-tapping numbers besides a catchy 'theme music' which would certainly reach out to the masses.

Silambarasan, T Rajendher, Sunidhi Chauhan, Karthik and pop star Blaaze have given an energetic performance, and Vallavan is perhaps the audio of the year.

With the right mix of hip-hop and western tunes, the movie has songs that look promising for the youth set.

Podu Aatampodu (Vijay Yesudass)

A racy number with catchy music, like Sehwag off to a blazing start, Yuvan too starts with a bang. It is a trendy, youthful number with an accented high-voltage kuthu. The song has peppy beats accompanying the lyrics. Vijay Yesudass, hitherto known for soft melodies, has rendered this number with more than a measure of confidence.

Hip Hip (Karthik, Sunitha Sarathy)

Again a fast paced number but with less instrumentation. The tune is very familiar and sure to catch the imagination of the listeners. The lyrics which remind one of one’s school days has Sunitha Sarathy vocalizing with ease and elan. Karthik gives her the perfect company.

Loose Pennae (Silambarasan, Blaaze)

With Blaaze around, can an entertaining rap be far behind? Blaaze's infectious enthusiasm is ver appropraite to the lively number. Unlike his earlier numbers, Blaaze has gone on at a slow pace. Silambarasan chips in with a few lines in his voice giving the right feel to this romantic number. Yuvan deserves a pat for using Blaaze in a different way.

Kadhal Vandhiduchu (Silambarasan)

Yuvan has proved his mettle with remixes in his earlier albums. In Vallavan too he has come up with a remix of a popular yesteryear song from Kalyanaraman set to tunes by his father (Ilayaraja). Silambarasan dazzles in the number giving the right energy. Yuvan seems to have retained the flavor of the song giving just those extra peppy beats. This number would certainly find a place in dance floors.

Yammadi (T Rajendhar, Silambarasan, Mahathi, Suchitra)

No doubt, it is the pick of the album. Fast and racy, and with T Rajendher crooning after a long gap, it is a rollicking number. Silambarasan with energetic Mahathi and Suchitra add to the frenzy. The intent is on getting the masses on board. The idea will work.

Vallava (Sunidhi Chauhan)

Perhaps the theme song of the movie. Sunidhi Chauhan touches the higher octaves rather too easily. Supposedly sung by a woman obsessed with a youth, the song has youthful lyrics and catchy instrumentation. However the tune sounds very familiar. Yuvan seems to have recycled his earlier tunes for the song.[/tscii:7796d35397]

kb
29th June 2006, 10:52 AM
yemmaaadi aathaadi.. unna unna enaku thariyaadi..
appa.. TR poondhu vilayaandrukuraar.. semma kuthu..
podum aatam podum is also gud but is some where heard b4.. still ROCKS. gud lyrics..

unna thadikavum enna ethukavum evanum porakavilla..
kaathuadikayil kayyal athai ingu evanum puduchathillai..

theatre adhirum.. :D

MrJudge
29th June 2006, 07:34 PM
kb,

Yeah, athadi ammadi theatre athirum

Earlier I liked loosu penne very much, now Vallava sounds tooooo good!

rashid2raj
29th June 2006, 10:05 PM
I think Vallavan is one of the best albums right now along with godfather.. All songs are good..

rashid2raj
29th June 2006, 10:16 PM
If anyone is interested, then i can say, that i'm listening to "Kadhal Vandhiruchu" song from Vallavan right now.. that's all.

:smile2: heh!

MADDY
2nd July 2006, 04:34 PM
loosu penne song is amazing.....it is growing on me just the way 90's songs of ARR grew on me.......hats off yuvan :D ......

Dragun
11th July 2006, 01:34 AM
Nobody's mentioned Hip Hip Hurray, with its interesting marching band drum line sound.

I got tired of Kadhal Vandhirichu after a few listenings.

Sanjeevi
11th July 2006, 10:25 AM
Nobody's mentioned Hip Hip Hurray, with its interesting marching band drum line sound.

I got tired of Kadhal Vandhirichu after a few listenings.

IR songa yarum remix panni super hit akka mudiyathu. Noway to come near the original.

Sanjeevi
13th July 2006, 12:55 PM
[tscii:92fe167e19]'Vallavan' beats 'Vettayadu' in Tamil audio race
By IANS
Jul 12, 2006, 12:48

Printer friendly page

Chennai, July 12 (IANS) Call it aggressive marketing or what you will, but the fact is that composer Yuvan Shankar Raja's latest album 'Vallavan' has overtaken Harris Jayaraj's 'Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu'.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. 'Vallavan' - Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. 'Podu aattampodu' sung by Vijay Yesudas and 'Loosu penne' by Silambarasan and Blaaze are chartbusters.

2. 'Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu' - Music Director: Harris Jayaraj. The song track 'Partha mudhal' by Bombay Jayashri and Unni Menon from 'Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu' is still one of the most sought after on all music channels. However, nobody knows when the film will hit theatres.

3. 'Imsai Arasan 23 am Pulikesi' - Music Director: Sabesh-Murali. The album is expected to reach the top slot after the release of the film, which is a laugh riot. The song 'Aah aadiva padiva' by Manikka Vinayagam is a big hit.

4. 'Chithiram Pesuthadi' - Music Director: Sundar C. Babu. Even six-month-old babies, they say, are dancing to Gana Ulaganathan's 'Vaala meenukkum' song.

5. 'Thalainagarm' - Music Director: D. Imam. The reason behind the album reaching the top five is the slow success of the film

© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

[/tscii:92fe167e19]

Renault
15th July 2006, 12:40 PM
The Yemmadi yemmadi song could be a clever remix of yet another TR song from one of his old movies. I get this song something like Yemmadi maattikitta paadhayile.. sung by spb.. may be from Mythili Ennai Kaadhali..

Looks like Simbu wants to use the manmadhan winning formula like Yen aasai mythiliye..

rayan36
16th July 2006, 03:44 PM
Loosu Penne Loosu Penne (without the remix) sounds good....but the remix version is so lame....... Kathal vanthirichu from Kalyana Raman remixed was o.k but why YSR doing so many remixes ?????other songs just have to wait :wink:

Vysar
16th July 2006, 08:39 PM
Does quality matters? Never proves Vallavan

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-06-02/16-07-06-vallavan.html

buvana
16th July 2006, 09:06 PM
Does quality matters? Never proves Vallavan

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-06-02/16-07-06-vallavan.html

Say whatever, Vallavan songs are nowhere near Kadhal Kondein & 7G.. They were powerful.. & No quality lyrics in Vallavan.. Recall how Muthukumaar had penned for KK and 7G. Simbu has done his best by convincing the behindwoods & other ezine sites to give it a leading position. :lol:

Atleast, Unnai Kandene Mudhal Murai.. of Paarijatham has a soothing touch... though it has HJ and Joshua Sridhar touch..
far better !!

vasanth2006
17th July 2006, 01:26 PM
[tscii:3318d740cd]Yesterday Yuvan and simbu came in “Madhan's Thiraiparvai” in Vijay TV.

That is very nice interview. Very interesting interview also. They were discussing about making of vallavan music, how much vallvan hit now and general topics.

Highlights of this interview:

· Simbu sung loosu penne and yuvan plays keyboard, both of them sung vallava song.
· Some Conversational parts

Madhan : you are doing experimentations very fast and quick. You are very young. So you can do very slow right?

Yuvan : ya. my dad also told that if u do experimentations very faster, then ur span of carrier will be small.. I went to the extreme level of experimentations in pudhupettai. I feel the same when completing my pudhupettai BGM. At that time no idea strike for heroine introduction song.

Madhan: unga appa sonnarunna correcta irukkum illaiya?

(after this interview, yuvan will realise the poor selection of movies? atleast he can follow the HJ's film selection methodology.(source : HJ's interview in AV.) ARR is the best film chooser.next HJ. What happened to Yuvan's experimentaions in AIBI, Punnagai Poove? if he did this experimentations in selva,vishnu,simbu movies, then definitely it would reach masses. ARR will do this in mani, sankar films. these +ve points yuvan should follow.)

· Yuvan also praises simbu for simbu’s musical talent.

. Yuvan also said about his experimentation in orchestration of "vallava song". simbu added that in this song yuvan used Rock music, fusion etc.

. yuvan talked about the director combinations of IR,ARR and yuvan's. yuvan said that u can see the difference between the different colors of music from pudhupettai and vallvan. (that is with different directors)

Note:I missed some important conversation also. If anybody remembers then post that.

If u closely watches yuvan’s interviews, then U can understand that Yuvan is simple, humble and down to earth person. Hats-off to Yuvan. :clap: :clap:

[/tscii:3318d740cd]

Sanjeevi
17th July 2006, 03:58 PM
[tscii:5c1a1e3176]Madhan : you are doing experimentations very fast and quick. You are very young. So you can do very slow right?

Yuvan : ya. my dad also told that if u do experimentations very faster, then ur span of carrier will be small.. I went to the extreme level of experimentations in pudhupettai. I feel the same when completing my pudhupettai BGM. At that time no idea strike for heroine introduction song.

Madhan: unga appa sonnarunna correcta irukkum illaiya?
[/tscii:5c1a1e3176]

Naan adikkadi ithu patri ninaipathundu. Yuvan romba overa variety kodukirar, experiments pannurar. He has to definitely reduce this. Like his father told, he take care about experimentation. Apart from this, he will concentrate to give mass hits and maintain balance between quality and mass.

Kadisiyula U1 sonnar, (experimentation-la) nama romba overa pogiramonu thonuthu. Thank god he has finally turned to correct way.

vasanth2006
17th July 2006, 04:39 PM
Naan adikkadi ithu patri ninaipathundu. Yuvan romba overa variety kodukirar, experiments pannurar. He has to definitely reduce this. Like his father told, he take care about experimentation. Apart from this, he will concentrate to give mass hits and maintain balance between quality and mass.

Kadisiyula U1 sonnar, (experimentation-la) nama romba overa pogiramonu thonuthu. Thank god he has finally turned to correct way.

sanjeevi, actually madhan's quote is not only mentioning about experimentaions, madhan's intention is to point out yuvan's urgency in committing the films. he want to advise yuvan. that is his intention.

IMHO, Yuvan did 10 year work (both experimentations and no of films) in last 4 years (2003-2006).

my intention also yuvan can do 7 or 8 films per year. that also large number. but what is the reality? he has now 11 or 12 films in hand. just think he has to compose songs and BGM. definetly quality will miss in some of the films.

"he will concentrate to give mass hits and maintain balance between quality and mass"

definitely for between quality and mass, IR is the king, he is the benchmark. Yuvan has to learn from his dad. experimentationa yar padathula pannanum athukku ARR is the best benchmark.

Hope Yuvan will correct these major faults and will go to greater heights. :thumbsup:

vasanth2006
18th July 2006, 02:30 PM
after many listenings,

Loosu penne is giving great feel as the first hearing feel.

but vallva, hip hip hooray are slow poisons. they are slowly mesmerising me. these numbers are amazing.

guys, did u notice that hip hip hooray, yammadi, podu attam podu songs have the two different tunes for the two saranams?
all the saranam tunes are fitting well with the main tunes.

villan007
18th July 2006, 02:37 PM
Loosu penne... simply mesmerizing :musicsmile:

Yammadi aathadi..... theatre adhira poguthu... 8-) yenna namma T.R is dancing for this song :D

rashid2raj
18th July 2006, 04:36 PM
thx for transcript vasanth :wink: Did anyone record it ???

MADDY
18th July 2006, 04:51 PM
ARR is the best film chooser

i guess yuvan is street smart and chooses movies which will do well.......ARR literally commits suicide , by working for movies which will never work in 100 years......

vasanth2006
31st July 2006, 02:16 PM
Guys, When is the Film Release? anybody knows?

I guess august 25.

Vallavan is already Rocking all over. Currently this is the number 1 album. especially loosu penne. from tea stall supplier to ultra modern college guys, all are easily able to sing this mesmerising number. i seen these guys are singing this song.( Even in vijay tv's "kalakkapovathu yaaru" programme, one of the participant sung this song.). but however this album's popularity declined because of the late release of movie.

since this audio is already huge hit, now the success of this movie is mainly on simbu's work. he has to shoot the songs well. Hope he will. ( cartoonist madhan also specified this point in their interview)

nilavupriyan
31st July 2006, 02:34 PM
yuvan is best movie selector...he never works with ajith and vijay ,surya or vikram..

but his films are big hits.....he has director combo..selva,aamir,vishnuvardhan etc

MrJudge
31st July 2006, 03:00 PM
yuvan is best movie selector...he never works with ajith and vijay ,surya or vikram..

but his films are big hits.....he has director combo..selva,aamir,vishnuvardhan etc

He already worked with ajith, vijay and surya. Vikram is the only one not worked with him. Vikran usually settles down with VS/HJ. For ajith & Surya, he has done good work sofar. If you look little closer, the directors of those movies are new-comers except Bala (ARMurgadoss, Ameer and Peralagan director) So his strategy of working with new directors always pays off and it is working out nicely. :)

rajdes
31st July 2006, 03:48 PM
Maddy, enna solradhu. Idhu dhaan time-ndradhu. Once upon a time, IR fans used to ramble like this - ARR chooses his directors and movies well, our IR chooses crap movies and loses out-nu- you can check old topics circa 98' for this.
Now, you are saying "YSR chooses well, ARR chooses crap films and loses out". The wheel sure has come a full circle :-).
BTW, ippadiyellaam polamba poradhu always fans dhaan. Both IR and ARR know where their next velai's food or next assignment will come from and how to maximise the rewards for their talent. Didnt IR find a way to be in limelight till today irrespective of the success or failure of his tracks after 1992? I'm sure ARR will similarly be alive for a long, long time to come in the music industry.

vasanth2006
31st July 2006, 03:52 PM
he has director combo..selva,aamir,vishnuvardhan etc

you missed director simbu.

vasanth2006
31st July 2006, 05:42 PM

So his strategy of working with new directors always pays off and it is working out nicely. :)

well. it succeeded some of the times. failed some of the times. my intention is he should balance between the recognized directors( selva, vishnu, ammer,simbu) and the new directors.

another important thing is that the experimentations should not be in new directors movies. because there is no assurance for the Movie success. so he should do in the recognized directors. thats all. (ex AIBI, punnagai poove).Total number of movies for the year should be around 8. he should do best in all the movies. yaravathu ithai yuvanikkitta sollungappa.

but his current stratagy is different. he will committ many films. for good directors/movies/banners or if involvement happened, then he will give good music. for others he will give the ordinary music.
(this is IR style. i will prefer ARR style)

Example:

for simbu --- vallvan (super hit)

for a.m.jothikrishna --- KD (ordinary)

simple stratagy: committ selected films. do ur best in all films.(ARR style. yuvan can do double the films of ARR)

rashid2raj
31st July 2006, 08:41 PM
Example:

simple stratagy: committ selected films. do ur best in all films.(ARR style. yuvan can do double the films of ARR)

This is exactly what i hate the most about YSR.. he should do ALL his movies equal.. Even, Thimir is bad.. :?

nilavupriyan
31st July 2006, 08:55 PM
Example:

This is exactly what i hate the most about YSR.. he should do ALL his movies equal.. Even, Thimir is bad.. :?

its not abt doing..its abt getting!

MrJudge
1st August 2006, 06:26 AM
but his current stratagy is different. he will committ many films. for good directors/movies/banners or if involvement happened, then he will give good music. for others he will give the ordinary music.
(this is IR style. i will prefer ARR style)

The MDs who are very choosy have enough shares of failures too. I prefer IR style of working. Because that worked well for Yuvan so far. Also he works like annakilik days of IR. IR worked with small directors and not with kannadasan during his early days. Yuvan doesn't work with best lyricist around (VM) and also not with big directors. The only difference is that IR tasted instant success. Yuvan is successful and slowly inching towards to the top slot. That is a great achievement.

In one of the recent audio release functions, Pa.Vijay said "Yuvanirukka bayamen" :)

MrJudge
5th September 2006, 05:44 PM
Vallavan's new trailer out on the net. Here is the link:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Trailers/trailers1/videos/vallavan.wmv

Many scenes are from the old trailer but The prince of BGM comes up with another winning BG score for this trailer. :)

baba88
6th September 2006, 02:19 AM
The BGM is the 10th song in the movie.

vasanth2006
6th September 2006, 02:24 PM
This BGM is wonderful piece of music from u1. this what i expected from u1 that is something innovative. it seems some kind of fusion.

This BGM is not instant one. but slowly mesmerizing.

judge thanks for the link.

vasanth2006
6th September 2006, 08:48 PM
Vallavan has more reason to rock
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, September 05, 2006]

Vallavan may have taken its time in the making. But its audio is not a disappointment to the fans.

The Yuvan Shankar Raja inspired music is hot in the market.

Now there is more reason to rock.

Yuvan has recorded one more song on the request of director Silambarasan.

The new song in the film has been incorporated as Silambarasan feels that it would weightage to the film.

Silambarasan also managed to convince the producer P L Thenappan on his need for the number in the movie.

The song has been pictured on Silambarasan and Reema.

The song was showcased to a few friends by Yuvan and they also feel this is another winning number from the winning album.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/25046.html

vasanth2006
6th September 2006, 08:52 PM
Silambarasan has one more avatar
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, September 06, 2006]

Silambarasan, who ventured to direction with Vallavan, took one more avatar in the movie. He penned the lyrics for a song - Loose Pennae Loose Pennae in the movie, which was set to tunes by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

Interestingly, the song has become a craze among the music-buffs and is already topping the audio charts.

Happy at the song becoming a big hit, Silambarasan says, 'It has emboldened me to try my hand at writing songs in my forthcoming tunes'.

Like his father, Silambarasan, too has shown a penchant for multi-tasking. Except score music, he has done everything that his father has done.

Silambarasan has also added one more song in the movie. The additional song was recorded by Yuvan and would be picturised on Silambarasan and Reema Sen.

Vallavan, produced by P L Thenappan, which also features Nayantra and Sandhya in the cast will hit the floors this Deepavali.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/25076.html

MrJudge
9th September 2006, 03:27 PM
When will the new song be released? Any idea??

coucou
13th October 2006, 07:45 PM
http://sifymax.com/bbhome/max_newpopup_new.php?f=Vallavan_12oct06-128k.wmv&site=max
song picturation is relly very good, simbu another shankar?

vasanth2006
17th October 2006, 03:08 PM
Is Vallavan releasing in deepavali? :roll:

There is no advertisements. Poor marketing.but the new trailor is coming in SUN TV.The song picturisations are excellent. 8-)
(but simbu didnt show the loosu penne song picturisation. )

that newly added song is the rumour? :roll:
it may be in movie only. :huh:

MrJudge
17th October 2006, 06:53 PM
Is Vallavan releasing in deepavali? :roll:

There is no advertisements. Poor marketing.but the new trailor is coming in SUN TV.The song picturisations are excellent. 8-)
(but simbu didnt show the loosu penne song picturisation. )

that newly added song is the rumour? :roll:
it may be in movie only. :huh:

The movie has not been censored yet.... should come out on Deepavali.

vasanth2006
18th October 2006, 01:28 PM
simbu raised salary issue to "nadigar sangam". so vallavan may not come for depavali race. :roll: if it is not come, then varalaru has no competition at all.

MADDY
18th October 2006, 05:09 PM
simbu raised salary issue to "nadigar sangam". so vallavan may not come for depavali race. :roll: if it is not come, then varalaru has no competition at all.

:cry: ......i wanted a direct ARR vs YSR clash this time around........i hope something happens and vallavan releases on diwali day only.........

vasanth2006
19th October 2006, 12:28 PM

:cry: ......i wanted a direct ARR vs YSR clash this time around........i hope something happens and vallavan releases on diwali day only.........

Dont worry Maddy. vallavan is releasing in deepavali.

Renault
19th October 2006, 02:33 PM
What's there for a competition... vallavan songs are way................. ahead of varalaaru.

MADDY
19th October 2006, 03:11 PM
songs dont matter Renault.......a lack lustre V V album is touted as the album of the year in comparison to timeless masterpiece SOK..........just bcos the movie is a hit.....

so same way, if Varalaaru overtakes Vallavan then Varalaaru songs will be considered better than Vallavan.....beware.....but other way around is also possible.....

something to tickle you Renault :D

http://www.behindwoods.com/festival/diwali-06.html

Renault
19th October 2006, 04:19 PM
I have already seen this.. as i say always, ajith fans outnumber others by a huge margin and his films are like Sehwag's innings.

It only has the opening but not the legs to sustain the tunning and this time it is an acid test with films with diverse and interesting backgrounds (even a sarath kumar film with cheran's script) to compete with.

If he succeeds here.. he is sure a big star.. else bettwe luck with alwar

MADDY
19th October 2006, 08:33 PM
I have already seen this.. as i say always, ajith fans outnumber others by a huge margin and his films are like Sehwag's innings.

It only has the opening but not the legs to sustain the tunning and this time it is an acid test with films with diverse and interesting backgrounds (even a sarath kumar film with cheran's script) to compete with.

what if turns out to be the sehwag's 300 against Pakistan??? :lol: .......but even i'm not that hopeful abt this movie.......delayed release, ajith's dubious opening-sustaining problem, ARR's horrendous luck with BO........things look bleak...... :cry: .........but again, it feels great that ARR is still in the competition fighting it out with HJ/YSR and giving us something to cheer about.......

Renault
20th October 2006, 12:18 PM
Indeed Maddy, ARR's competition with HJ and YSR is very healthy for the TFM industry. I still feel SEOK was way way ahead than Varalaaru.

May be that's all the taste KSR has for music.. Padayappa, Thenali had only few brilliant songs (Except Swaasame, my all time fav) and he couldn't the best from YSR for Aethiri.. I don't even remember the songs from that movie.

imsai
21st October 2006, 11:11 AM

Because IR has been crap for past few years, you'll consider him crap?

Come on.. how many times shall we explain you? Think how Villan, Vaali, Dheena... so on became monsterous hits.

In the last few years his films were not good but they are bound to get thunderous opening because of his huge fan base. Just look at his other three competitors, all of their last films bombed. If they persist with similar type of films, the failure will continue. That is what Ajith did in the past few years. Add to that, the delays in all of his films and zero publicity made it look worse. Now he has changed his track completely. If Ajith is Sehwag then the rest is ganguly :sad: . Rajini is of course Sachin and Kamal is Dravid :wink:

Simple logic but you never understand :sad:

Renault
21st October 2006, 05:55 PM
Hey imsai come on where did IR come in the picture here.. this is the problem with u guys ... and I have already raised this point not to bring unnecessary topics.

Sify has already opened the can of beans.. all I wanted to know was whether Ajith can pull over.. I want him to do good movies and Kireedam is kind of interesting for me.

MADDY, I am unable to control my laughter on your comment that VV is a mediocre album.. Well tried mate.

MADDY
21st October 2006, 10:00 PM
Sify has already opened the can of beans.. all I wanted to know was whether Ajith can pull over.. I want him to do good movies and Kireedam is kind of interesting for me.

MADDY, I am unable to control my laughter on your comment that VV is a mediocre album.. Well tried mate.

i'll tell u y kireedam is interesting......it has music by remix-arasan YSR........as long as ARR is associaated with someone that guy bcomes bad isnt it??? :lol:

thanks, Renault....atleast i can bring happiness to some ppl.....Happy diwali......consider that comment as my diwali gift for u..... :D

Renault
21st October 2006, 10:28 PM
Defntly not like that MADDY.. I didn't even know that YSR is scoring for kireedam, Tx for the news.

Kireedam I thought is interesting coz it was an award winning subject done by Mohanlal and I think that will give Ajith great scope to exploit his acting skills. I am waiting to see Ajith in that.

I do not have anything for or against Ajith or ARR... I get bemused when people unnecessarily bring in IR in unrelated threads.

Tx for your gift... However HJ's music in VV was liked by a huge audience and one needs to accept that.

thamizhvaanan
21st October 2006, 10:45 PM
MADDY, I am unable to control my laughter on your comment that VV is a mediocre album.. Well tried mate
c'mon, you've had ur share of jokes too :lol:

What's there for a competition... vallavan songs are way................. ahead of varalaaru. :rotfl: :rotfl:

villan007
22nd October 2006, 12:10 AM
What's there for a competition... vallavan songs are way................. ahead of varalaaru. :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 10:08 AM
that yammadi athhadi song :bangcomp: :banghead:

its an intellectual insult to watch such songs......

jegansavannah
22nd October 2006, 12:15 PM
well guys watched varalaaru 2day in atlanta.i am sure the move is going to bomb at the box office.. ksravikumar needs to grow up. ajit fate is still continuing. guess valavan would be far better than varalaru, the so called godfather.

rajaalltheway
22nd October 2006, 12:56 PM
Movie Review

Vallavan - Forbidden love
IndiaGlitz [Sunday, October 22, 2006]
Hats off to Silambarasan for continuing the good run of his Manmadhan in Vallavan. A triangular love-story with twists and turns has been brought out well by the actor-director. Vallavan has excellent cinematography combined with racy background score making it for engrossing viewing.

Silambarasan occupies the screen all through, while Reema Sen has impresses all eve with her limited screen space. Nayantra and Sandhya do their best.

However, the real hero of the movie has been Yuvan Shankar Raja. His peppy numbers and brisk musical score help sustain the momentum in the movie.

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 01:28 PM
well guys watched varalaaru 2day in atlanta.i am sure the move is going to bomb at the box office.. ksravikumar needs to grow up. ajit fate is still continuing. guess valavan would be far better than varalaru, the so called godfather.

if YSR fans like you watch our ARR movie then wats the need to worry..... :D

jegan, Ajith seems to have put the performance of his life in this movie////.......i'm getting rave reviews and "dont miss it" from all the people so far i've seen.....

whereas Vallavan seems to be movie only for youth and not for families........

villan007
22nd October 2006, 07:50 PM
ksravikumar needs to grow up.

The movie is rocking 8-)

and you need to grow up to appreciate it :(

imsai
22nd October 2006, 08:20 PM
I get bemused when people unnecessarily bring in IR in unrelated threads.

the first post of yours in this thread is very relevant to this thread :lol:

slperson1
22nd October 2006, 08:28 PM
i am surprised none of the people who watched the movie talked about the extra song in the movie.is there an extra song in the movie?

jegansavannah
22nd October 2006, 09:35 PM
villain07 tell me the truth. is your real name is K.S. Ravikumar. for MADDY , guess you didn't see my posting in varalaaru forum. For your information i been listening to godfather for almost for the past 1month. i really love the songs. tht'sy i made a decission to watch the movie on first day.trust me you wont like it. it's better you should try your luck(watch movie) and write a review here.

rajaalltheway
23rd October 2006, 01:35 AM
VARALAARU is a crude product from a crude director.Id hate the movie even if the music was composed by IR-YSR combo.Only saving grace is Ajit..may die hard Ajith fans save the movie.VALLAVAN on the other hand unassuming hassle free mass entertainer...Give me VALLAVAN anyday,dont care if its music was by DEVA or S.A.RAJKUMAR

villan007
23rd October 2006, 07:29 AM
villain07 tell me the truth. is your real name is K.S. Ravikumar.

appo neenga inna simbhu va :roll:

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 09:27 AM
Id hate the movie even if the music was composed by IR-YSR combo.

Give me VALLAVAN anyday,dont care if its music was by DEVA or S.A.RAJKUMAR

which itself means that u were concious of the MDs for each movie......better luck next time buddy......as for as now, Vallavan is capitulating under Varalaaru's pressure.......who will stand the test of time is yet to be seen....

btw another IR family fan has watched ARR movie i think :bluejump: :boo: .....

villain007, how can jegan be simbhu??? :evil: :twisted:

dont u know simbu is 3rd standard fail and cannot write/post in English...... :lol:

itsmuls
23rd October 2006, 09:38 AM
[tscii:c01794163b]Review of Vallavan from Sify "One of the major highlights in the film is Yuvan’s tangy music and background score. Loose Penne…. and Vallava… are picturised slickly. Yuvan works best with the younger lot like Simbu and Selva."
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14315833&ctid=5&cid=2429[/tscii:c01794163b]

villan007
23rd October 2006, 10:03 AM
villain007, how can jegan be simbhu??? :evil: :twisted:

dont u know simbu is 3rd standard fail and cannot write/post in English...... :lol:

ooh yeaa :lol: :lol:

nyways Vallavan is losing out badly to varalaaru... :P ...vallan , pallan cudnt make any diff.. :lol:

MrJudge
23rd October 2006, 10:54 AM
Watched Vallavan yesterday. The first half is good but the second half is dragging and it has over dose of scenes by Reema and Simbu. There is a new song sung by Yuvan that comes as a background song. Songs have been shot well and as usual Yuvan has done awesome work!

Sanjeevi
23rd October 2006, 11:28 AM
I heard Varlaru is good among diwali releases. Any news?

Here in madurai area Varalaru is the clear winner and way behind Vallavan is coming. This is the initial situation.

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 11:44 AM
I heard Varlaru is good among diwali releases. Any news?

Here in madurai area Varalaru is the clear winner and way behind Vallavan is coming. This is the initial situation.

its more like election results...... :lol: .......

Varalaaru has opened really big.......infact this seems to be the biggest diwali opening ever in the history......though there is some bad mouthing abt this movie from our frnds, on a whole movie seems to have got good words from neutral guys.......this is just my perspective.....we really have to wait for a week to pin point the winner.........as of now Varalaaru seems to be heading for a landslide win.... :lol: .....

MrJudge
23rd October 2006, 12:06 PM
I don't think KSR will direct any decent movie. Varalaaru's initial hype will fade away soon and will get its thundu in couple of days. :)

imsai
23rd October 2006, 12:14 PM
I don't think KSR will direct any decent movie. Varalaaru's initial hype will fade away soon and will get its thundu in couple of days. :)

what an idiotic wish :lol: . it's not your thought but merely a jealousy remark..

but it is possible than ysr might fade away if he keeps on relying on IR..

vasanth2006
23rd October 2006, 12:25 PM
Movie Review

Vallavan - Forbidden love
IndiaGlitz [Sunday, October 22, 2006]
Hats off to Silambarasan for continuing the good run of his Manmadhan in Vallavan. A triangular love-story with twists and turns has been brought out well by the actor-director. Vallavan has excellent cinematography combined with racy background score making it for engrossing viewing.

Silambarasan occupies the screen all through, while Reema Sen has impresses all eve with her limited screen space. Nayantra and Sandhya do their best.

However, the real hero of the movie has been Yuvan Shankar Raja. His peppy numbers and brisk musical score help sustain the momentum in the movie.

:clap: :clap:

I seen this movie yesterday. the movie is looking sleek even though this movie length is 31/2 hours (including intervel).but really i am unable to predict the movie's BO fate.

Some unpredictable sequences. some youthful scenes. good work simbu. but in some places, simbu overaa alumbu pandraru.

i can say only one thing that this film songs attracted A to C classes. none of the deepavali films has done this.(i really enquired people around the theaters.). hats-off to yuvan.

Hip hip hooray, vallava, yammadi, podu songs are picturised well.
i think Loosu penne could have been picturise well.(like kannai vittu in pattiyal). because the whole audience were expected this song much.

regarding the BGM, when the reema sen get down from the car, the music lifts the whole scene. simply brilliant. camera also good.

when the smooch scene btw simbu and nayanthara, there is a rap bit. (" just do it.......... just do it......."). simply amazing.

after simbu nullify the reema sen by dialouge, when he walks, the BGM bit is superb. (i think this theme is little bit rahash of manmadhan)

A tiny song is there. as i am lover of yuvan's tiny song, i like this song very much. yuvan himself sings.

music wise, Vallavan is the clear winner IMO. yuvan's music is the main crowd puller and is the real hero.

rajaalltheway
23rd October 2006, 03:14 PM
[which itself means that u were concious of the MDs for each movie......better luck next time buddy......as for as now, Vallavan is capitulating under Varalaaru's pressure.......who will stand the test of time is yet to be seen....]
Ofcourse im conscious of MDs(just see my username)otherwise id have ended up spending time listetning to 5-6 minute long ad jingles instead of music.VALLAVAN wilting under VARALAARUs heat is not surprising,crappy unbearable pieces of junk like Padayappa and Chandramukhi have minted money in the past

rsubras
23rd October 2006, 04:01 PM
varalaru crappy nu solreenga....oru vagai la neenga solratha ennala purinjukka mudiyuthu........ but vallavan classical ah enna? athai purinjikkave mudiyale pa :)

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 04:39 PM
varalaru crappy nu solreenga....oru vagai la neenga solratha ennala purinjukka mudiyuthu........ but vallavan classical ah enna? athai purinjikkave mudiyale pa :)

i dont know y we have to accept Varalaaru is crappy subras?? :shock:

Vasanth - music supera irundhum movie flopaana enna pain irukkumnnu engalakku dhaan theriyum.......Varalaaru's songs are getting repeated in theatres and Vallavan's songs are not..... :D

anyways as renault had told Ajith's movies are like Sehwag's Innings.......they start off brilliantly......you never know how they will fare......but this time around, there is real good reactions to Ajith's movies.......families wud definitely go for Varalaaru instead of vallavan......i'm really happy that an old combo of Ajith-ARR have spoiled the sleep of young guns like simbu-YSR...........im sure they have lost their sleep..... :lol:

imsai
23rd October 2006, 04:58 PM
vallavan is a kollywood equivalent to RDB, probably by february 29th of 2007, they'll send it to oscars.. this is a great movie

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 06:55 PM
something to tickle Renault and Judge:

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/oct/23val.htm

i guess the downslide for vallavan has started.....

july
23rd October 2006, 07:15 PM
what happen vallavan m'sia and sg release ????

MrJudge
23rd October 2006, 07:29 PM

Why do you go and search for reviews in all web-sties? I can very well understand your true wish for Vallavan, because you guys have been getting thundus for the last 6 years continuously. Just wait and watch for couple more days, your MD will bring down Varalaaru and give thundu for it too. :)

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 07:44 PM

Why do you go and search for reviews in all web-sties? I can very well understand your true wish for Vallavan, because you guys have been getting thundus for the last 6 years continuously. Just wait and watch for couple more days, your MD will bring down Varalaaru and give thundu for it too. :)

hahahaa :lol: ......this time around ARR defeating YSR seems inevitable...... :x

villan007
23rd October 2006, 09:47 PM

:rotfl: ...naatamai theerpai maathi sollu :lol:

vallavan lost badly to varalaaru :( ... unmai eppothum kasakum na :cry:

villan007
23rd October 2006, 09:50 PM
vallavan is a kollywood equivalent to RDB, probably by february 29th of 2007, they'll send it to oscars.. this is a great movie

:rotfl2:

rsubras
23rd October 2006, 11:29 PM
maddy i didnt say i accept varalaru is crappy...... avarooda feeling appadi iruntha athu i can understand but eppadi yosichu paarthalum vallavan is a classic apadingaratha ennala purinjukkava mudilae nu sonnen :)

as far as i am concerned........ i will not be happy like judge if vallavan falters and athunala varalaru hit aagarathu...varalaru should be a hit on its own and beat a steady and active vallavan......rajini style la sollanumna athu thaan kanna real success

rsubras
23rd October 2006, 11:36 PM
villain judge ah pagaichukatheenga sir....... coz the same judge kireedam padam varappo ajith ku jalra thattuvar..that time he would be thrashing Azhagiya Tamil magan film telling all bad things about vijay...avarukku a.r.r mela than etho oru pugaichal... so free ya vidunga

kateangels
24th October 2006, 12:11 AM
First, a word of caution: Keep your brains at home before attending a screening of Tamil film, Vallavan--- rediff.com :lol: :lol: :lol:

MADDY
24th October 2006, 12:16 AM
as far as i am concerned........ i will not be happy like judge if vallavan falters and athunala varalaru hit aagarathu...varalaru should be a hit on its own and beat a steady and active vallavan......rajini style la sollanumna athu thaan kanna real success

no way subras, Varalaaru's success belongs to Ajith out and out.....its not bcos of Nollavan chaaa vallavan's flop show....... :D ......come to think of it - simbhu itself is a fan of thala.... :D

villan007
24th October 2006, 12:24 AM
villain judge ah pagaichukatheenga sir....... coz the same judge kireedam padam varappo ajith ku jalra thattuvar..that time he would be thrashing Azhagiya Tamil magan film telling all bad things about vijay...avarukku a.r.r mela than etho oru pugaichal... so free ya vidunga

oh :shock:

MADDY
24th October 2006, 04:21 AM
I saw it. Simbhu did an god-awful job of ripping off Notebook & swimfan.

The problem is that it's too close to Manmadhan's storyline. Simbhu thought "hey, they liked me in that movie, let's rip of that plot...WITH A TWIST!" Mr. Thenappan, I can understand your angst against the man and you have EVERY right as well.

Yuvan's music is ok. I liked the theme and that's it. If you've seen loads of mass movies with mass songs, that's it basically :lol:

10% Manmadhan, 90% adultery. It looks like Simbhu spent his budget on banging Nayantara scenes than the movie.

Avoid and go watch Godfather instead

:lol: :wink:

Dragun
24th October 2006, 05:27 AM
Finally, after frustrating us for three and a half hours, the director has the guts to end with the words, 'To be continued�"

:lol:

MrJudge
24th October 2006, 12:10 PM
rsubras:

I am not either Ajith's fan or Simbu's fan or Vijay's fan. I always take director's side. Did I say anything bad about Ajith? I leave your opinion to yourself.

rsubras
24th October 2006, 01:05 PM
judge, we all know that you are no one's fan and rather an ARR hater... athai thaan me too trying to tell to villain

MADDY
24th October 2006, 03:13 PM
rsubras:

I am not either Ajith's fan or Simbu's fan or Vijay's fan. I always take director's side. Did I say anything bad about Ajith? I leave your opinion to yourself.

oh u take directors side???? then wat will u do for selva's hindi movie with our md???

ok leave it--- read this--->

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top-6-movies/tamil-cinema-top-6-movies-6.html

:lol: .......i never thought vallavan will become a super flop...... :lol: .....it culdnt even beat E....

nilavupriyan
24th October 2006, 03:45 PM
rsubras:

oh u take directors side???? then wat will u do for selva's hindi movie with our md???

ok leave it--- read this--->

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top-6-movies/tamil-cinema-top-6-movies-6.html

:lol: .......i never thought vallavan will become a super flop...... :lol: .....it culdnt even beat E....

:lol:

Sanjeevi
24th October 2006, 04:08 PM
I think

Vallavan is the loser

Varalaru is hit (super hit?)

E is the real winner

nilavupriyan
24th October 2006, 05:01 PM
sombukellam edhukku ivlo nalla music?

rayan36
24th October 2006, 08:11 PM
:rotfl:
sombukellam edhukku ivlo nalla music? :rotfl: :rotfl:

rayan36
24th October 2006, 08:19 PM
[tscii:384a5998e5] :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Simbu swears to break Rajini’s records Oct 24, 2006

Simbu is identified for his statements in the industry more often than for multitasking prowess. He seemed to be on cloud nine for the fact that his production venture Vallavan has hit the theatres finally. Though the initial response for the movie is good, only as time goes can the movie be adjudged.

I have evolved as a director. I have presented my movie to match the likes of my fans. I would venture out to Hollywood and I have that ability, the confident Simbu declared. Our people have a taste of their own and I would cater to that. I would not direct my movies accommodating my likes and dislikes but would present them to the likes of my fans, he opined.

The height of the statement is to be noted: The combination of Rajini and Shankar will prove to be a colossal hit and my ultimate ambition is to break the records of Sivaji.

I do not mind even if it took me another 15 years but I would eventually become successful in surpassing the records to be created by Sivaji, Simbu added. Well, that is the spirit and we wish Simbu all the best to reach his target. We also wish that his performance outdid his statements.

behindwoods.com

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
[/tscii:384a5998e5]

MADDY
24th October 2006, 09:11 PM
comedian of the decade :lol: :lol: :lol:

aana partner avanga familykku dhaan evalavu periya manasu..............ellarum ippadi makkala sirikka vaikkanumne porandhirukkaanga........ :cry: .....

villan007
24th October 2006, 09:59 PM
I would venture out to Hollywood and I have that ability, the confident Simbu declared.

aama aama hollywood la viral vithai panna aal illai :P

nilavupriyan
24th October 2006, 10:09 PM
niraikudam thalumbadhu

inga kuraisombu romba aadudhu!

nilavupriyan
24th October 2006, 10:10 PM
I would venture out to Hollywood and I have that ability, the confident Simbu declared.

aama aama hollywood la viral vithai panna aal illai :P

anga thana innum gilmava ponnunga irukaanga...yeppa deii...ivan vaaya yarachum moodungappa...punniyama irukkum

MrJudge
25th October 2006, 12:36 PM
judge, we all know that you are no one's fan and rather an ARR hater... athai thaan me too trying to tell to villain

"villain judge ah pagaichukatheenga sir....... coz the same judge kireedam padam varappo ajith ku jalra thattuvar..that time he would be thrashing Azhagiya Tamil magan film telling all bad things about vijay...avarukku a.r.r mela than etho oru pugaichal... so free ya vidunga"

Aren't you the one posted above message? What does the bold sentence mean? Can you explain to me please?

rsubras
26th October 2006, 01:50 PM
yea judge.... i was trying to tell that when Azhagiya tamil magan comes out (most probably when Kireedam will be released), you will be thrashing the film and its hero enna judge nisam thaane naan solrathu :)

MrJudge
26th October 2006, 08:38 PM
yea judge.... i was trying to tell that when Azhagiya tamil magan comes out (most probably when Kireedam will be released), you will be thrashing the film and its hero enna judge nisam thaane naan solrathu :)

rsubras:

You are wrong again, i will not say anything bad about its hero. Who cares Kireedam releasing along azhagiya tamil magan or not. Obviously azhagiya tamil magan will get its thundu just like Udaya, just wait and watch!

rajaalltheway
26th October 2006, 09:15 PM
I dont understand y its so hard for some to just admit that Vallavans music is simply superior to Varalaaru/Godfather.

MrJudge
26th October 2006, 10:08 PM
I dont understand y its so hard for some to just admit that Vallavans music is simply superior to Varalaaru/Godfather.

Also the BGM is too good! I don't think other MDs will match him in that dept :)

villan007
29th October 2006, 02:10 PM
Simbu wasted YSR :hammer:

thevai illatha gethu music while simbu returns after talkning to reema sen... padayappa rajini nu ninaipu :rotfl:

coucou
29th October 2006, 02:14 PM
ysr why you r wasted this beaitiful bgm for this CRAP movie?

MADDY
30th October 2006, 04:45 PM

cos of the simple reason - Varalaaru had more variety than Vallavan

Innisai - Carnatic
Ilamai - Pop
Theeyil vizhunda - global sounds
Thottapuram & Kamma karai - folk

also, Innisai was the only song which got repeated on public demand in theatres and not loosu penne or yammadi athhadi.......which clearly shows which song has captivated audience's imagination........Vallavan is a flop for YSR......i guess u have to admit it now........and this also shows he is a jujubee when it comes to one-on-one confrontation with ARR, also tell me which YSR movie has done better than Varalaaru this year??.........ARR has given a punch to all his detractors with Varalaaru........

Renault, jaane-e-jaa, tum kahaan, mein yahaan..... :D

nilavupriyan
30th October 2006, 04:55 PM

cos of the simple reason - Varalaaru had more variety than Vallavan

Innisai - Carnatic
Ilamai - Pop
Theeyil vizhunda - global sounds
Thottapuram & Kamma karai - folk

also, Innisai was the only song which got repeated on public demand in theatres and not loosu penne or yammadi athhadi.......which clearly shows which song has captivated audience's imagination........Vallavan is a flop for YSR......i guess u have to admit it now........and this also shows he is a jujubee when it comes to one-on-one confrontation with ARR, also tell me which YSR movie has done better than Varalaaru this year??.........ARR has given a punch to all his detractors with Varalaaru........

Renault, jaane-e-jaa, tum kahaan, mein yahaan..... :D

ungala nenacha paridhabama irukku....it doesnt clearly show audience cpativity...it shows ajiths mass...namoorla karnatic songu repeatu kekurangalam... :lol:

they wanna see the surprising performance of ajith again and again....!purely due to ajith ....because arr has given mindblowing songs than this...why did they dint get the response....if "yemmadi aathadi" was in godfather and has a good dance...it would had been asked for numerous once mores

Sanjeevi
30th October 2006, 05:00 PM
will the ysr & simbu combo split?

MADDY
30th October 2006, 05:11 PM

come on yaar.....this is too much.......appadi paartha ARR shuld have split with almost everyone rite from Maniratnam to Shankar to Ashutosh gowariker......each of them at some point of time have wasted ARR's gems with their mistakes......i guess YSR shuld be patient with such minor hiccups......he has to persist with trusted combos inspiteof BO results......

nilavu, no doubt Ajith was the main reason for song repeats......but tell me if Innisai was so lack lustre and worse than vallavan as suggested in this thread then that ajith's beautiful performance wud have gone waste.....i mean u cant deny or take away even a inch from ARR in varalaaru's success........also, show me a better song than Innisai in Vallavan......

also, u forgot Kannodu Kaanbadhellam from jeans which also got huge roars from public in theatres in 98.......adhuvum carnatic song dhaan......

nilavupriyan
30th October 2006, 05:21 PM

come on yaar.....this is too much.......appadi paartha ARR shuld have split with almost everyone rite from Maniratnam to Shankar to Ashutosh gowariker......each of them at some point of time have wasted ARR's gems with their mistakes......i guess YSR shuld be patient with such minor hiccups......he has to persist with trusted combos inspiteof BO results......

nilavu, no doubt Ajith was the main reason for song repeats......but tell me if Innisai was so lack lustre and worse than vallavan as suggested in this thread then that ajith's beautiful performance wud have gone waste.....i mean u cant deny or take away even a inch from ARR in varalaaru's success........also, show me a better song than Innisai in Vallavan......

also, u forgot Kannodu Kaanbadhellam from jeans which also got huge roars from public in theatres in 98.......adhuvum carnatic song dhaan......

okok...adhukunnu repeatukku karanam arr nu soldradhellam too muchu!

gf had vareity!

selvakumar
30th October 2006, 05:25 PM
ungala nenacha paridhabama irukku....it doesnt clearly show audience cpativity...it shows ajiths mass...namoorla karnatic songu repeatu kekurangalam... :lol:

they wanna see the surprising performance of ajith again and again....!purely due to ajith ....because arr has given mindblowing songs than this...why did they dint get the response....if "yemmadi aathadi" was in godfather and has a good dance...it would had been asked for numerous once mores

Agreed 100% reg Ajith's mass. But our fans never ask "once more" 5 or 6 times :shock: I have seen fans asking "once more" for 2 to 3 times for one songs. But this is the first time, they asked for 3 and 5 times for ILAMAI and INNISAI :shock: :D
As I said in my review (pillars of GF), had it not been ARR we (ajithfans) would not have got songs like ILAMAI, THEEYIL, INNISAI etc :D

Yemmadi aathaadi picturisation was not so good. that is why inspite of very good work from u1, it is not getting the response much needed.

selvakumar
30th October 2006, 05:28 PM
okok...adhukunnu repeatukku karanam arr nu soldradhellam too muchu!

gf had vareity!

Credit goes to the TEAM .. AJITH + ARR and KSR

Vallavan too had a great team. But simbhu had failed to deliver this time and the kind of interviews he give nowadays :oops:
Ajith was very hot in his speech in the past since he had strong reason.
But this guy :oops:
He should learn from ajith since he stands as an example on how media can misunderstand you

MrJudge
30th October 2006, 05:29 PM
Sanjay,

I don't think Simbu and Yuvan will go different ways. Both are youngsters, their wavelengths match and the songs of Manmathan and now Vallavan are big hits. So they should work together.

thumburu
30th October 2006, 06:26 PM
I see the "ammaadi athaadi" and "Loosu penne" all over our satellite channels. But I like the "Vallava" song better. It is extremely catchy, trendy and goes well with the youth mass.

rsubras
30th October 2006, 10:18 PM
yea thumburu me too.. i hated vallavan songs esp the kaathal vanthiruchu remix and more so the Loosu pennae song...... but when i heard vallava ennai vellava song in a hifi system.......... wow...it was so mindblowing......... acc to me easily the best of the album........also yammadi aathadi..even though repeating tunes..it is still catchy :)

Sanguine Sridhar
30th October 2006, 10:48 PM
I like Vallavan theme and Podu thalam podu songs starting music thats all!! After reading this thread i listened Vallavan songs many time but it is not as catchy as Manmadhan.It is my view! So no fights YSR fans!

itsmuls
31st October 2006, 05:19 PM
If You people happend to see the Top Ten Songs of Sun TV, one should admit that Vallavan Songs especially Loose Penne far better than any song of Varalaru, for the past two weeks, Vallavan is in first and Varalaru is at 3rd position....... Though the Movie may not be appealing, but one should applause the songs because of Yuvan......great

MADDY
31st October 2006, 08:02 PM
itsmuls - Innisai is the best song of year......it is not telecasted in suntv (sadly ppl. think this is the only channel in Tamil).......thats y u dunno abt this song......go and watch it theatres, Innisai just rox........

coucou
1st November 2006, 01:27 AM
RAHMAN IS MONARCH OF TAMIL AUDIO MARKETChennai, Oct 31 (IANS) Several new albums have arrived in the last couple of weeks, but none has been able to topple A.R. Rahman's "Chillunu Oru Kadhal" from the top position.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Chillunu Oru Kadhal" - Music: A.R. Rahman. The film is a huge flop and has been forgotten, but the album is still a rage.

2. "Vallavan" - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja. The film released during Diwali and there is newfound interest in Yuvan Shankar Raja's album.

3. "E" - Music: Srikant Deva. "Theeppori parakum" sung by Tipu is becoming a big hit.

4. "Kizhakku Kadarkarai Salai" - Music: Paul J. This is Paul J's first film album and he has been able to attract the young with some racy numbers.

5. "Thiruvilayadal Aarambham" - Music: D. Imam. "Ennamma Kannu" by Karthik and Ranjith is becoming popular though some still talk nostalgically about the old SPB Malaysia Vasudevan song.

THERE ISN'T VARALARU :shock:

ansa400
1st November 2006, 07:50 AM
VARALARU is history now....hehe

MrJudge
1st November 2006, 11:17 AM
From MADDY's opinion, looks like CIA uses its behind the scene tricks for not placing Varalaaru album on top of others. hehehe

MADDY
1st November 2006, 03:02 PM
From MADDY's opinion, looks like CIA uses its behind the scene tricks for not placing Varalaaru album on top of others. hehehe

judge, relax i know YSR has given thundus like Pudhupettai,AIBI,Vallavan this year........so u r a bit disturbed, i know.......take it easy...... :D

MrJudge
1st November 2006, 03:12 PM

judge, relax i know YSR has given thundus like Pudhupettai,AIBI,Vallavan this year........so u r a bit disturbed, i know.......take it easy...... :D

Yuvan has his shares of flops right from his career started... but nammu thundu bhai kathaiye veranganna :)

MADDY
1st November 2006, 03:52 PM
oh........now i get it........even if U1 gives string of flops, he is not a thundu bhai........even if ARR gives lesser no. of flops then he is a thundu bhai isnt it??? now i get ur logic.....

MrJudge
1st November 2006, 04:06 PM
I am sure that Yuvan will always bounce back...... so no need to panic..... But your buddy's case is different..

MADDY
1st November 2006, 04:13 PM
I am sure that Yuvan will always bounce back...... so no need to panic..... But your buddy's case is different..

Varalaaru madhiri hit padam kodathathukku apparamum bounce back agilainna yenna artham??? esp, this was a direct 1 on 1 fight and ARR's film has clearly defeated YSR's film.........this is like doodh ka doodh, paani ka paani.......it cant get clear than this.......

Judge, u rock (bay style) :lol:

Hulkster
1st November 2006, 05:03 PM
The YSR vs ARR fight has alarmingly exaggerated the condition of vallavan and varalaaru. Yes varalaaru is a bigger hit than vallavan but vallavan is still a hit. After reading some of the views here i am shocked and disappointed the way u guys have behaved. Control yourselves guys. Varalaaru and vallavan are still going strong with Varalaaru the bigger hit and thats well known. But making vallavan sound like a mega flop and that too so childishly only impresses upon the commoner here as big hatred rather than the movie really being flop. If you guys hate YSR or ARR keep the hatred to urselves...dunt let it flow out and fake the actual story of both films.

Varalaaru - Super Hit true
Vallavan - Mega Flop wrong (its still running and is going towards a super hit.)

vasanth2006
1st November 2006, 06:30 PM
inspite of BO result of vallavan ( whether it is a hit or flop), vallavan is the mega musical HIT. it shows the form of yuvan and yuvan's talent.thats the fact.

PROOF:

No 1 song in SUN TV songs count down. ( varalaru at third or fourth some position)
more frequently vallavan songs are aired in all FMs.
in sun music, vallavan songs are the most requested songs in deepavali releases.(i think No 1 in sun music also)

You can say that sun tv is the supporter of TR. so they placed NO1. but that is not the fact. because in movie count down, they placed varalaru at NO 1. so you can not say that.

moreover movie count down is very important for the producers and directors. not songs count down.

anyway this is current state only, because of BO result, this may be change after 2 or 3 weeks. varalaru may come at NO 1

anyway vallavan songs is reached the mass very well. that is enough for us :D

MADDY
1st November 2006, 08:06 PM
The YSR vs ARR fight has alarmingly exaggerated the condition of vallavan and varalaaru. Yes varalaaru is a bigger hit than vallavan but vallavan is still a hit. After reading some of the views here i am shocked and disappointed the way u guys have behaved. Control yourselves guys. Varalaaru and vallavan are still going strong with Varalaaru the bigger hit and thats well known. But making vallavan sound like a mega flop and that too so childishly only impresses upon the commoner here as big hatred rather than the movie really being flop. If you guys hate YSR or ARR keep the hatred to urselves...dunt let it flow out and fake the actual story of both films.

Varalaaru - Super Hit true
Vallavan - Mega Flop wrong (its still running and is going towards a super hit.)

Vallavan collections have dropped to 60%........how many links do u want me to show for this???? either way its ARR defeated YSR,isnt it???

i dunno from where u guys pop up suddenly when YSR is being made fun of like this??? where do u all go when ARR is laughed at??? i will talk bad abt Vallavan and i'll call it a flop.........i guess YSR is not some personal entity but a public entity.........

Hulk, this is just a reaction and not the action FYI.......

also, if u watch closely, some YSR fans irritated Ajith fans too with their comments........so, they also jumped in this time.....

Vasanth, SOK is still no.1 in web countdowns.......and we all know y Vallavan is no.1 in suntv countdowns....they couldnt do it in movie countdown cos it wud be really laughable.....but they are damaging the movie thru sun music where comperers are calling varalaaru movie as bad......i can give u a list of ARR movies where his music has done really well but the movies fail.....but still ur guys made fun of it........this is payback time dude...... :D

Renault
1st November 2006, 08:28 PM
MADDY, assuming Vallavan is a flop as your opinion is, i guess YSR fans are giving you a taste of your own medicine when u claimed that SEOK was a hot some time back.. u know pretty well that I read your posts well (so no double checking required):)

So what's wrong here mate ..

MADDY
1st November 2006, 08:34 PM
MADDY, assuming Vallavan is a flop as your opinion is, i guess YSR fans are giving you a taste of your own medicine when u claimed that SEOK was a hot some time back.. u know pretty well that I read your posts well (so no double checking required):)

So what's wrong here mate ..

being in my position is not that great mate..... :cry: ..........i very well understand how it feels when gr8 songs go into dustbins bcos of some directors fault......it is very painful and on top of it, ppl. call ur fav MD with names here........its so demoralising.......anyways, life is a cycle.......God gives u ample oppurtunity to get back at ppl. and their comments......

i guess i need not stress my point again and again here.......whenever ARR is called a thundu then i have Varalaaru as the answer....thats all i need...... :wave:

rsubras
1st November 2006, 08:38 PM
vasanth......sun tv count down ku lam mariyadhai kodukkarathuna naama nammaloda perspective ah ye maathika vendiyathuthan...

Minnale was placed in 8th and 9th position for some two to three weeks and then chucked out... When sarathkumar was in their camp, Paarai, Dosth, Chanakya etc., songs were placed at 3rd, 4th places much ahead of classical IR, ARR and YSR songs.......

ithe karuthai naanga SOK ku sonnappo ellorum kai kotti sirichaanga :) reality ennana even if vallavan bcomes a hit like manmadhan, it still would have been loss for the producer coz he has been forced to invest just too much....so athunala vallavan is a flop is a flop........ of course songs are super hit...

MrJudge
1st November 2006, 09:38 PM
Vasanth, there is no need to convince Mr. MADDY here. Let him talk whatever he wants about Vallavan or YSR. Because we live in TN and we are very well aware of who is doing better and who continously will do beter :)

jaiganes
1st November 2006, 09:44 PM
I am very sad that YSR fans are degrading SOK totally.
In fact for that movie ARR has given two gem of songs.
Munbe Vaa is the most sought after song inspite of vallavan and varalaaru and is one of the best of melodies of the year.

Renault
1st November 2006, 10:59 PM
anyways going with the info form few websites, looks like Vallavan is a flop.. unless something dramatic happens.

MADDY, I agree with your views and I too get angered when eople unnecessarily bring in IR's name in few threads.

U hit the nail.. God is there and life is a cycle.

rsubras
1st November 2006, 11:06 PM
relax maddy relax....... we all know judge has venomous hatred against ARR and thatz why at any slight opportunity he throws mud at him...athukkaga why this mud throwing at poor YSR whose growth in TFM along with HJ is so essential for us TFM lovers to continuously get good songs (ARR anyway signs for only 2-3 films an year)

imsai
2nd November 2006, 06:11 AM
:rotfl: suntv rating

:rotfl: sunmusic

vasanth2006
2nd November 2006, 12:47 PM
vasanth......sun tv count down ku lam mariyadhai kodukkarathuna naama nammaloda perspective ah ye maathika vendiyathuthan...

absolutely I agreed this. i also hate SUN TV count downs. but i think SUN TV count downs are always based on the popularity or HIT status or for thier politics , not based on only quality.
(p.s: there are many situations where the popularity songs having quality. thats diff story)
moreover they are having politics in movie count down. not in songs count down.
(appadi partha vallavanai movie count downla NO 1 koduthirukkanum).

Always in songs count down, they will give the position as same as the movie count down. if they are changing position in the songs count down, then there should be something in songs.
thats why i said.

dude I am not saying only based on sun tv count down.
check all the FM channels, sun music requests for songs and consider the general public opinion. 8-)
( in web sites rating, there is no varalaru :roll: ).
at present, Vallavan is reached the mass very well than varalaru.
the reason for the big opening of vallavan is u1's songs and simbu.
I am happy that yuvan is able to lift the movie and he is standing on his own. not depends on BO result. :D

my music count down

1)Vallavan
2)Vattaram
3)Varalaru

anyway YSR is running through bad patch because of bad luck .
ARR is back.not firmly. but he is back. HJ is in peak with help of Mega BO Hits and good melody numbers. hmmm......... let us see........ :wave:

(p.s: Maddy your signature is rocking. i realllllllllllly liked that :D )

vasanth2006
2nd November 2006, 01:41 PM
Guys,

if u need the Bit song in vallavan, then it is available in yuvanshankarfans yahoo group's files section.dont miss it.

this is really amazing tune. simply out of world. pure yuvan style of tune. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

imsai
2nd November 2006, 09:50 PM
dude I am not saying only based on sun tv count down.
check all the FM channels, sun music requests for songs and consider the general public opinion.
( in web sites rating, there is no varalaru ).
at present, Vallavan is reached the mass very well than varalaru.

the release of audio album was delayed, and the movie was delayed.. the movie got released after about eight months of its album release.. that didn't help..

plz don't consider sunmusic to assess the popularity of any songs.. in fact, they did not play any of Varalaaru songs because of Ajith, who did not attend CM felicitation.. that's the reason..

if you really wanna know which song is more popular among masses, plz visit theatres.. Varalaaru songs are repeated many times because the mass love it..

villan007
2nd November 2006, 10:18 PM
check all the FM channels, sun music requests for songs and consider the general public opinion. 8-)
( in web sites rating, there is no varalaru :roll: ).

cud you tune into suriyan Fm ? loosu penne is OUT now.... and innisai and theeyil vizhundha thEna are being repeated numerous times 8-)

of cuz loosu penne is a gud song aana padam vantha pin ethirpaatha alavu hit aagaliye :?

and as for sun music...sollave venam..they've stooped down to an extent that , if a caller asks varalaaru or any ajith song they'd disconnect the line and start playing any other song :(

villan007
2nd November 2006, 10:25 PM

lets see if it can beat SOK ... :lol2:

selvakumar
3rd November 2006, 08:27 AM

lets see if it can beat SOK ... :lol2:

:rotfl:

MrJudge
3rd November 2006, 10:28 AM
The one thing I don't understand is if Sun TV's countdowns are so low, why worry about it all? Looks like all of you are so eager to see their favorite song on top in their countdowns.

What about other channels? Are they playing varalaaru songs or not? If they are not, then you can conclude the fate very easily. I have heard only one song, Deepavli, it is a total waste!

selvakumar
3rd November 2006, 12:51 PM
The one thing I don't understand is if Sun TV's countdowns are so low, why worry about it all? Looks like all of you are so eager to see their favorite song on top in their countdowns.

What about other channels? Are they playing varalaaru songs or not? If they are not, then you can conclude the fate very easily. I have heard only one song, Deepavli, it is a total waste!

You judge the fate of the songs based on TV Channels :omg: That is only one among the many. and as far as Varalaaru is concerned, the movie is rocking the theatres and the box office and the audience. :D
The songs like Kaatril, Theeyil, ILamai and most importantly Innisai have gone well with the audience. Who cares whether TV Channels telecast them or not ? If that is the case, then some of the good melodies of all MDs are not becoming hits nowadays.

and BTW, Even repeatedly telecasting the songs of Vallavan is not rescuing the movie :cry: Vallavan's fate is already determined one and no wonder it is very straight ! The product itself is a total waste !

Renault
3rd November 2006, 01:23 PM
I have heard only one song, Deepavli, it is a total waste!

Deepavali song looks more like a Deva work that Rahman's. No disrespect for Rahman here.. but IMO a very very ordinary song.

But have to admit that on the other hand Ilamai rocks and I was singing this song for one full day.