PDA

View Full Version : A Question about St. Jude- Christians pls come forward &

Alan
3rd June 2006, 10:45 AM
A lot of years ago, when I was in school, I had prayed to St. Jude for a purpose, to save a friend's life & it happened & I had published it ( which is a must) Now, I would like to know if I can pray to St. Jude, for someone's peaceful & speedy death.

Braandan
3rd June 2006, 03:17 PM
Please proceed at full swing!

Nakeeran
3rd June 2006, 03:29 PM
A lot of years ago, when I was in school, I had prayed to St. Jude for a purpose, to save a friend's life & it happened & I had published it ( which is a must) Now, I would like to know if I can pray to St. Jude, for someone's peaceful & speedy death.

Alan

Human body behavioural science is a mystery even today. There are several instances wherein from a virtual death, one has come back.
I wish you desist from praying to end someone's life whatever may be the circumstances

Alan
3rd June 2006, 05:27 PM
Even if he/she is suffering mentally?

Nakeeran
3rd June 2006, 05:32 PM
Even if he/she is suffering mentally?

If its a mental suffering, there are so many available for counselling.
Almightly has given us life with a PURPOSE

Alan
3rd June 2006, 05:34 PM
Are u a Christian? Have you prayed St. Jude?

KBX
4th June 2006, 01:34 PM
Sorry man, you can only pray for your own death!! and you have to do that while standing on a railway track.

Alan
4th June 2006, 03:27 PM
Ok, what if its a close , suffering relative? The more u dissuade me, the more I'm prone to doing it..........so........yeah.

Alan
4th June 2006, 03:30 PM
Ok, what if its a close , suffering relative? The more u dissuade me, the more I'm prone to doing it..........so........yeah.

Badri
5th June 2006, 07:15 AM
Alan: Who ever that person is - he or she did not take birth hoping you'd be there to help them, get through life or even end it. They came on their own, and it is only right that they go on their own too, with no assistance from you.

Much as we think our motives are noble, we must realize we have no right whatsoever interfering with their lives.

dev
5th June 2006, 08:00 AM
Much as we think our motives are noble, we must realize we have no right whatsoever interfering with their lives.

:thumbsup: ... yeah, however close they are to us...

Nakeeran
5th June 2006, 01:28 PM
Are u a Christian? Have you prayed St. Jude?

Though I am not a christian, I believe in the existence of all religions .
Pl do not venture into any such prayers to end someone's life

God has sent us here with a purpose & as Mr. Badri rightly pointed out, everyone has their own way of running life & we cannot influence

Alan
5th June 2006, 09:29 PM
Alan: Who ever that person is - he or she did not take birth hoping you'd be there to help them, get through life or even end it. They came on their own, and it is only right that they go on their own too, with no assistance from you.

Ok what............................what if its me? Then can I pray? Or can't I even do that? *sigh*

Badri
6th June 2006, 05:20 AM
Ok what............................what if its me? Then can I pray? Or can't I even do that? *sigh*

What you do with your life is entirely upto you.

But tell me, if you have so much faith in prayer and believe that praying to God to end someone's life or your own even will be granted, then why not pray for life? Why not pray for strength to bear and overcome the problem, the illness or whatever?

Or do you think God only grants suicidal prayers?

The wise have said, pray to God for strength to overcome situations, rather than seeking a quick end of life to end the trouble itself.
That, I consider, the wisest course.

Alan
6th June 2006, 07:12 AM
okokok-

svaisn
6th June 2006, 09:54 AM
Alan....

Every being in this world is suffering from some problem.....

It is good to read your first line of your post.,.....
Do u think GOD will help u for this prayer..... Definitely NO

Ask the same GOD a cure for your mental sufferings....
Get urself occupied in some thing which u like the most......

Vaazhkai Vaazhvatherkei............

Nakeeran
6th June 2006, 01:20 PM
Alan

Life is a vicious circle with good & sorrowful events to follow frequently. No man or woman gets eternal happiness nor they are burdened with sadness forever

I suggest you take a break & spend more time with parents & loved ones. You will definitely get the change & peace of mind that you intend

Alan
7th June 2006, 08:35 PM
Thankyou all! But I am not depressed- This novena was for another person, whoose name or situation I cannot reveal.

But honestly, how could u think it was me? Have u ever seen me depressed? I don't have a reason, now that I am enjoying married life.

Badri
8th June 2006, 06:21 AM
:lol:

Of course it is not you!!! But Alan, you almost asked for it, when you said, "But what is the person were me? In that case, can I pray"

:lol:

Alan
8th June 2006, 08:56 AM
Yes, I was just clarifying the doubt when I was told that one could pray only for their own death & not anyone elses'

Alan
8th June 2006, 08:57 AM
Yes, I was just clarifying the doubt when I was told that one could pray only for their own death & not anyone elses'