PDA

View Full Version : Burnout

Shoba
5th June 2006, 07:02 PM
Dear Hubbers,

I would like to know where in Singapore/Malaysia I can seek help for burnout. The internet has loads of information on burnout, mostly US based, but what I would like to know is whether there are places in S'pore/Msia where one could go for help.

Most grateful if y'all can help.

Thanks!

Shoba

dev
6th June 2006, 07:40 AM
Shoba,

it depends on the reason for the burnout... if it's due to stress/frustration, u can seek the help of any of the psychologists here in SG... for ex: mount elizabeth hospital(Parkway Group Healthcare) etc... they have a good group od psychologists, I have heard...

Braandan
9th June 2006, 01:23 PM
Psychologists make good money on burnouts. They try never to stop it so that they keep getting the money.

Are you people serious? Is there anything called "burnout" at all? I feel like laughing when people complain about it. Simply stop taking yourself seriously, that is all.. there will not be any burnout madness!

The only burnout I know of is if you pour petrol over yourself and light a match on you!

dev
12th June 2006, 11:07 AM
Braadan,

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion abt psychologists...But all I would like to say is, not all humans are the same... maybe U burnout only of petrol & a match stick... but there are ppl who suffer from burnot due to stress,drug abuse,frustration etc... Some can come out of it with little help of their own & their friends/relatives... But some do need external help...

Anyways, I believe that it's unnecessary to pass disturbing comments when a person asks for help/suggestion...We never know what his/her situation is...

ramky
12th June 2006, 11:37 AM
Shoba : I think Meditation may help you in reducing Burnout. Besides its free and doesnt cost anything. I am not saying its the only panacea or cure for it. But I have personally experienced the positive effects of Meditation and the system I am following is absolutely free of any costs, hidden or otherwise.

Please read THIS topic (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2953&start=30) which will clarify some things - the posts towards the end of the topic is more relevant to Stress & Burnout.

Braandan : Each person's mental makeup, conditioning, situation & cirucumstances are unique for him or her. So you cant generalise it or make a sweeping statement that, if one stops taking seriously of oneself, everything will be ok.

And also, like Dev said, when a person is seeking advice or information, if one cannot give that thing, its better to atleast refrain from making fun of that person or the situation of that person.

Because, one never knows when the same thing is going to happen to oneself .