View Full Version : Committing suicide - Not the ultimate solution

Nakeeran
6th June 2006, 02:02 PM
Often we come across situations wherein someone commits suicide for :

1. Having failed in love
2. having failed in exams
3. Financial loss
& inexplicable reasons.

Almighty has given us life only to lead it by proper planning given the opportunities.
Suicide is a word to be removed from the dictionary

Lets discuss here

crazy
6th June 2006, 02:47 PM
remove from the dictionary.............not sure.
but i also beleive that allmighty has given us life to live :roll: and i have always believed that God only has the right to take a life.............so sucide is not a choice.
those who sucide........ maybe dont have a friend or something..........i dont know, never come across any suiciders!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ramky
6th June 2006, 03:29 PM
Nakkeeran : You have chosen the right time to start this discussion - as most Hubbers are well aware of the recent suicides by TV actresses. There were also reports of school students attempting suicide in Tamil Nadu after the recent announcement of results of public exams.
I have already written something reg suicide at THIS (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2953&start=30) topic. Everyone kindly read it and give your frank opinions there.

bingleguy
6th June 2006, 03:31 PM
hmn :roll: to be given a thought !

S.Balaji
6th June 2006, 03:48 PM
I have experienced this personally.....

One of my good friends committed suicide ( drowning in Bay of Bengal ) because he couldnt get more % in Plus2 first group.
He aspired to become an engineer & he couldnt digest the shock.
He was a bright student but unfortunately the marks came as a bolt to his plans

But yes, suicide is not the solution.

You are right Nakeeran

crazy
6th June 2006, 04:03 PM
And the next time he or she may not have the same faith in God as they had previously. They tend to think, I trusted in God to help me but even He has deserted me, so what's the point in living, who can help me now if even God is not willing to help me.... this type of thinking makes the person go the full way the 2nd time and they actually commit suicide.

The second benefit is that, the person gets into a routine of sorts by doing meditation regularly morning and evening. This routine gives the person less chance to think continuously about whatever bad incident had happened in their life.

And last but not the least, the process of meditation slowly brings back the Faith in God, for that person. Now they start feeling that the past is past, whatever happened was God's Will & that they were not deserted by Him. After regular practise of meditation, this Faith in God gets reinforced to such an extent, that the person doesnt think of suicide again - even if the situation becomes worse than the previous time.

When I say Medittation, I am talking about a specific method followed in a Spiritual Organisation I know of, where, Meditation is not just a hobby, but a way of life.

ramky: u r right :thumbsup:

i strongly believe that Love to God will help us feel better and also medittation, but i never tried that.

great
6th June 2006, 04:12 PM
first good thread by Nakeeran :notworthy:

thamizhvaanan
6th June 2006, 04:29 PM
first sincere reply by gr8 :notworthy:

one of my friends friend (:roll:) commited suicide for his love :banghead: craziest thing is, even before death he didn reveal his love to the girl!

S.Balaji
6th June 2006, 05:21 PM
Many actresses have committed suicide :

1. Shoba
2. Fatafat Jayalakshmi
3. Silk Smitha
4. Kozi koovudhu Viji
5. Divya barathi

Sad to note that even small screen characters follow it

Suicide is not the solution. Nice thread to share, Nakeeran

ab_123
6th June 2006, 07:25 PM
Very recently, my family has been affected by this. My Chitthi's 19 year old son did this... for fear of not being able to write his Math exams (1st year college). Our speculation is that he did not want to disappoint his parents because he knew what a financial burden it was on them to get him into that college.

The sad part is , now his mother will have life-long pain and guilt. This is very sad, and I'm sure that people who do this are in a state of depression, and therefore the logic behind the decision might be "Oh they'll just feel sorry for me", because they themselves are in a state of feeling that way. They are unable to get the BIG picture, when they are in that state.

The teenage years are the most delicate, and parents should make sure that their kids feel that they can talk to them, otherwise, the lines of communication are lost and can lead to grave consequences.

Raghu
6th June 2006, 08:28 PM
[tscii:e96ffec61c]Right, Good Topic Nakeeran, here are my views!

Mostly emotional people consider such acts, or people who are insecure, these are all illusionary act by the human Mind!, a problem will look so big, if u look at closely, if u look at it from a distance it will look so small, but the problem is when one tries to commit such act, the mind will be only thinking about the problem, and will be utterly fed up in life, and one will begin to hate him/ her self and will find that they are not worthy of living or will feel they are useless!

U c the problem with Human mind is , it is NOT constant or consistent, it i.e. variable, it wonders here and there, 1 minute u r happy, the next minute u r sad, the next minute u r angry and so on... this shows that mind is NOT stable, in fact this life is NOT stable, it is like passing clouds, this is why this kali Yuga life is called Maya(illusion) what u c may look real but in fact it is not.

the other factor that causes ppl 2 commit suicide is the feeling Rejection, I know at that time mind will not want 2 think about anything else, and one should always compare his self with the less unfortunate one and think about it. This body does not belong to us, v r atmas transmigrating bodies according to our karmas, so just like u don’t have the right to kill another perishable body, u a don’t have the right 2 kill the body ur atma resides, this is adharma!

Any way... I have been through this b4, so these are my personal views, it was not exam matters or whet ever materialistic matters, but in lady matters, any ways :( :(
[/tscii:e96ffec61c]

Surya
6th June 2006, 11:29 PM
What's with this new tide of threads about suicide and praying for ppl's death etc? :|

ssanjinika
7th June 2006, 12:11 AM
I guess its because of the recent suicides of young TV stars.Ive heard it said that suicide is momemtary lapse in judgement..decision taken rashly..unfortunately one cant even regret it later :(

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 12:55 PM
I guess its because of the recent suicides of young TV stars.Ive heard it said that suicide is momemtary lapse in judgement..decision taken rashly..unfortunately one cant even regret it later :(

Anywhere did i mention that suicides of young tv stars as the reason for opening this thread :oops:
How did you conclude like this :?:

Pl look at my opening post first

ssanjinika
7th June 2006, 07:29 PM
It was just a general observation that with so many suicides of late ,death and suicide is on everyones mind...
Have I mentioned anywhere that you "opened" this thread because of tv stars death??
I see no reason for you to get offended!!!!

Alan
7th June 2006, 08:30 PM

5. Divya barathi

Divya Bharthi? I thought it was an accident- by falling from her terrace or a murder by her husband who was alleged to have connections with Dawood?

Hulkster
8th June 2006, 08:46 AM
Let me state my views on how suicide first appears.

Usually the victims in this case are already under deep stress...in other words they are insecure about their decisions...this also comes hand in hand with several thoughts about how their life will go or future. This is also another way of saying questioning oneself. The problem is these matters that the suicide victims commit suicide for appear as life and death to them...that is unavoidable and is a must pass...a simple mistake or failure which seems rectifiable to others will seem like a calamity in their mind...a irreversible consequence in other words.

The thing is...we have to counsel such people who are able to be easily deterred by statements which are presented in a life and death manner to think of them as a step in life and also explain to them how failure can be treated positively. This might help to release their insecuirty and unstable conditions in their mind gradually. The problem is, most people like the suicide victims are grown up in a win-win situation instead of being educated on life itself and its facets. This results in them committing suicide for love failure and exams failure etc.

My conclusion is that if we can help them to reduce the impact of such matters, they will be able to handle future incidents like that positively.

I will not give my views on why we must not risk suicide as every individual will not have the same character as the stronger ones....we need to give them guidance due to the way they are brought up or apprehend volatile situations.

Lambretta
8th June 2006, 02:06 PM

1. Shoba
2. Fatafat Jayalakshmi
3. Silk Smitha
4. Kozi koovudhu Viji
5. Divya barathi
......and more recently one South actress Pratyusha.

Nakeeran
8th June 2006, 02:34 PM
Wonder why cinema artists too commit suicide. After all they have money, fame, name etc etc

One reason could be the failed love affairs but still its not a justification for committing suicide !

Lambretta
8th June 2006, 02:44 PM
Wonder why cinema artists too commit suicide. After all they have money, fame, name etc etc

One reason could be the failed love affairs but still its not a justification for committing suicide !
I donno if its right to talk abt this here but I've heard abt the "struggles" many of them go thru jus to get a 1st chance into the industry, apart from those they r said to go thru to get more offers subsequently from the Directors/Producers/leading stars...
In sum cases (I'm not suggesting tat all actresses who committed suicide had gone thru tat!), maybe at a later stage tat begins to affect them psychologically......if this is the reason, they cant even share such things w/ neone as they r afraid of the wildfire-like gossip it cud create....being women, they feel more affected by the force tat this wud hit them w/ at a later point in their life.......the feeling of shame/regret & depression/self-hurt prob. roots itself deep in them so they decide eventually tat their life is worthless & see no recourse....

Braandan
9th June 2006, 08:51 AM
The fundamental reason is too much of the sense of 'I', and identifying the 'I' with the body. In short the concept of "Aham kaaram" as discussed in Vedanta. When this 'I' ness takes over in a big way, the mind thinks that the ending of 'I' will end the sorrow. In a way it is correct. But the mistake comes when the mind identifies the 'I' with the body, and thinks that ending the body will end the 'I'. No 'I' and there are no sorrows. But re-cycling the body is not the solution.

The pain is more for the near and dear ones of the victim. I lost a very close relative recently to suicide. He was a young Airman of 19 years in the Indian Air Force. Strangely how did not a professional body like the IAF, not find out if its rank and file has suicidal tendencies are not.

Nakeeran thinks that fame and money is the solution to everything. Not so is proved by cine artistes commiting suicide.

Badri
9th June 2006, 08:54 AM
Woah! You have nailed it, Braandan!

And this one is beautiful!!

But re-cycling the body is not the solution

Ghlli
10th June 2006, 02:10 AM
When i was reli reli reliii little i used to be crazyyyyyyyyy about barbie dolls....

i think it was around when i was 6 years old my dad said no when i asked him to buy me the latest barbie doll that came out......

and i went mad, i started crying and felt soo depressed and then i usually watch in films that people die if they are upset so i gt a knife and i was gona stab myself :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: ...but i was scared so i cut a tiny bit of my hand first....i locked myself in the bathroom when i did that, and OMG THE PAIN CUTTING YOUR HAND WITH A SHARP KNIFE KILLS!!!!

then i decided not to stab myself int he stomach and i burst into tears and screamed the hell out and at the end my daddy bought me the barbie doll :D

Shakthiprabha.
12th June 2006, 01:29 PM
Its just a momentary frustration.

Many ppl who have committed suicide were ppl who were STRONGLY against it.

Many ppl who have survived have said THEY REPENT the next second they resorted to suicide.

its split second's madness :(

bingleguy
12th June 2006, 01:34 PM
True Shakthi ..... sadly nobody can repent over a second's madness !

Kshna chitham kshana pitham !

nms
12th June 2006, 02:24 PM
As hulk mentioned they are heavily stressed.Also momentary frustation leads them to such a decision.

But, Is that only because of that momentary frustation..??

They dont have anyone, atleast at that moment, to share their grief and to get relief by sharing them.No one to comfort them.Should there be a friend in deed..that will not happen.Pagirdhal irukkanum.

The way the society had treated them, the way their parents had brought them all are major factors....

Children do not think rationally.They just watch and observe their environment.The way we behave in front of the child,the slang we use,the activities we do..everything will have count on their future.Parents are their first role - models and primary school teachers are their second.N if both of these r negative..then it's disaster for the child.

The familiar situations in our society..
Mothers passing on their angers to the children..

Teasing & Discouragement in many forms ..Eve teasing must be known to all of us..

Most of the children are brought up in a negative environment...they tend to have inferiority complex...very few come out of those strangles...others live like failures..they dont live just exist...N if they face very stressful situations they go for this alternative medicine called suicide.

The way of bringing up our children,future successful personalitieswith immense potential,should be positive and it will be a collective responsibility....each and every matured adult should contribute positively.

nms
12th June 2006, 02:35 PM
When i was reli reli reliii little i used to be crazyyyyyyyyy about barbie dolls....

i think it was around when i was 6 years old my dad said no when i asked him to buy me the latest barbie doll that came out......

and i went mad, i started crying and felt soo depressed and then i usually watch in films that people die if they are upset so i gt a knife and i was gona stab myself :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: ...but i was scared so i cut a tiny bit of my hand first....i locked myself in the bathroom when i did that, and OMG THE PAIN CUTTING YOUR HAND WITH A SHARP KNIFE KILLS!!!!

then i decided not to stab myself int he stomach and i burst into tears and screamed the hell out and at the end my daddy bought me the barbie doll :D

:lol:

I ran away rom my home..when i was around 6 r 7 for being compelled to take NV. Where will I go..??Anyhow,I have decided to run..so no going back to home...Fear struck .....Tears running down my cheeks....Two tiny legs walking briskly forward...My eyes looking back after evry 2 steps Appa illatti Anna vandhu koottittu poga maattangalaa??...Atlast I saw my dad coming a little far behind me asking me to stop.."kadugu chiruthaalum kaaram kurayumaa?"..i started to walk fast...But alas,my brother came in a different short cut and caught me...

Appo Kanaama poirundhaenna..?ippo epdi irundhuruppaen..??ninaikkakae oraey kalakkamaa irukku... :roll:

But it's all momentary decisions....

Ghlli
12th June 2006, 10:52 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW NMS THAT IS SOOOOO CUTEEEEE :!:
oh my gawd thats too too cute! i just love the way you naratted the bit in red...sounds soo cute! wow!

whats NV? :huh:
and where did this happen? in which country? how did you exactly feel when ur brother caught u? did u feel like thank god i'm saved or did you feel like ahh i just lost from running away but thank god my brother got me? how old were u then and how old was ur brother?

:lol:

I ran away rom my home..when i was around 6 r 7 for being compelled to take NV. Where will I go..??Anyhow,I have decided to run..so no going back to home...Fear struck .....Tears running down my cheeks....Two tiny legs walking briskly forward...My eyes looking back after evry 2 steps Appa illatti Anna vandhu koottittu poga maattangalaa??...Atlast I saw my dad coming a little far behind me asking me to stop.."kadugu chiruthaalum kaaram kurayumaa?"..i started to walk fast...But alas,my brother came in a different short cut and caught me...

Appo Kanaama poirundhaenna..?ippo epdi irundhuruppaen..??ninaikkakae oraey kalakkamaa irukku... :roll:

But it's all momentary decisions....

P_R
12th June 2006, 11:13 PM
It is difficult to digest that, just one moment is sufficient to take one's life. Even repentance is not an option if one manages to be successful.

Suicide is often linked with how one is seen by others (failure-rejection-loss of face -etc.) Even Kurosawa had a failed suicide attempt when his fist colour film was failed to get applause. One can hardly manage to live in complete disregard of others' opinions. The circle can shrink to home, to family or some small circle like that. When meaning gets sucked out of that circle people can make very balanced decisions that will seem universally stupid.

But what intrigues me is those suicides (rare as they are) that come from people who feel they have seen everything life has to offer and are bored (poets are a high frequency on this list). It is amazing how one can come to terms with death in such placid and decided manner. Their readiness is unbelievably chilling. One has to try to very very hard to see any trace of cowardice in these cases.

Surya
13th June 2006, 12:47 AM
An Actor to join the list.....Arya....:roll: He has claimed taht he has suicidal thoughts...:banghead: :huh:

Ghlli
13th June 2006, 02:19 AM
so say me and arya make a perfect pair :rotfl: both of us had suicide thoughts :rotfl:

Surya
13th June 2006, 04:07 AM
:shock: U and arya make a good pair?! :huh: What abt poor little Simba? :huh:

Ghlli
14th June 2006, 02:07 AM
ohh yaa :cry: but he made me jealous by going with 9tara...so i'd make simba a bit jealous...and then release a song lyk loose payya to ice-u him...just lyk how he iced me after all that :P

madhu
14th June 2006, 06:42 AM
suicide enge ? :shock:

Surya
14th June 2006, 12:33 PM
ohh yaa :cry: but he made me jealous by going with 9tara...so i'd make simba a bit jealous...and then release a song lyk loose payya to ice-u him...just lyk how he iced me after all that :P
Sodhanai mel sodhanai, pothum ada saami...sodhanai thaan vaazkai enraal, thaangaathu bhoomi. :cry:

Ghlli
15th June 2006, 02:21 AM
:rotfl: what if simba suicides seeing me and arya! :shock: :cry:

Surya
15th June 2006, 02:35 AM

Even then, I think It'd still be Arya commiting the suicide! :( :cry:

:poke: :lol:

ssanjinika
15th June 2006, 02:52 AM

Surya,why so much antagonism towards the goodlooking,charismatic,hearthrob Arya??
Suicide am illa :roll:
ungalukkE edhu overA theriyala?

Surya
15th June 2006, 03:16 AM
:lol: SS,

I read that Arya had Suicidal Thoughts from Indiaglitz. :P

Also Gaayu said:

what if simba suicides seeing me and arya!

So I said:

Even then, I think It'd still be Arya commiting the suicide!

As in the sense that Kutti Chandramukhi's presense will lead him to it. :huh:

Nothin against Arya...He rocks. 8-)

Ghlli
15th June 2006, 04:05 AM
yosika vendiya vishayam :rotfl:

madhu
15th June 2006, 07:59 AM
Arya is in the film "naan kadavuL" by bala..

so... Gayu... nalla yosichu oru mudivedukkanum.. sariya ?

Shakthiprabha.
15th June 2006, 08:20 AM
I was told some tv celebrities recently committed suicide.

can someone throw more light into it.

who is it? why such extreme steps?

crazy
15th June 2006, 11:59 AM

enakkum theriyaadhu :roll:

therinchavanga solla mudiyuma?

ssanjinika
15th June 2006, 07:15 PM

visit the TV serials section SP.Theres a thread there about the TV serials personalities who committed suicide.

ssanjinika
15th June 2006, 07:18 PM
Surya ,I am sure Indiaglitz is a stupid site with unreal news :P.Arya and commit suicide !!!Avaru than current heartthrob aachE apparam edhukku suicide commit pannikanum :D

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 07:24 PM
Surya ,I am sure Indiaglitz is a stupid site with unreal news :P.Arya and commit suicide !!!Avaru than current heartthrob aachE apparam edhukku suicide commit pannikanum :D

Indha madhiri pala heart throbs suicide panni irukaanga. parunga one of the posts above by S.Balaji.

I think when Shoba committed suicide, she was at the prime of her career .

Popularity is not the critereon for suicide. there must be other reasons too personal

selvakumar
15th June 2006, 07:35 PM
Surya,why so much antagonism towards the goodlooking,charismatic,hearthrob Arya??

If Arya reads this, then he won't commit suicide rather death will come to him naturally

ssanjinika
15th June 2006, 08:00 PM

If Arya reads this, then he won't commit suicide rather death will come to him naturally
why :?
he should be happy abt it rite?
Nakeeran,the reason India glitz gave was because Arya couldnt work in the movie Naan kadavul.Now that is a stupid reason rite :roll:.If he was going to commit suicide because of that then hes not fit to be in the movie industry!!!!

pavalamani pragasam
17th June 2006, 01:31 PM
[tscii:0da39ffec0]3 different suicides reported in today’s newspapers:

From “The Times of India”Mumbai:
1)Jammu/Bhopal:Disillusioned with her job, a 25-year-old lady army officer committed suicide by shooting herself with a rifle…(a brilliant student, a gold medalist, M.Sc., in chemistry)…Family says Lt Sushmita Chakravarty was reduced to a caterer by her bosses…

From “Hindustan Times”,Mumbai:
2)70-year-old commits suicide in Andheri…Krushna Joshi, a homemaker could not bear her loneliness and ailments as her sons( 2, in US) and daughter(in Japan) stay abroad…Her husband, Raj, who works as a dubbing artiste, was horrified to find that his wife had slashed her left wrist…

3) Denied money to see film, boy hangs himself. Teenager had seen the film twice, wanted to see it again…16 year-old Rajesh hung himself from the ceiling fan of his third floor apartment….Rajesh was a very stubborn boy; he wanted to watch the latest movie of his favourite star and was demanding money from his mother…

[/tscii:0da39ffec0]

Nakeeran
17th June 2006, 05:27 PM
PP Madam

Its really shocking to note that an army officer too committing suicide :cry:

http://www.hindu.com/2006/06/17/stories/2006061710400100.htm

Seems , for various reasons, one is forced to commit this act :cry:

Surprising is that this time its an army officer !

pavalamani pragasam
17th June 2006, 06:40 PM
Different age groups, different reasons but the same decision :cry:

Ghlli
17th June 2006, 08:09 PM
ok...i shall be the heroine for NK then :D

Arya is in the film "naan kadavuL" by bala..

so... Gayu... nalla yosichu oru mudivedukkanum.. sariya ?

P_R
17th June 2006, 11:38 PM
[tscii:21122dd3bf]Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

- Dorothy Parker[/tscii:21122dd3bf]

Surya
18th June 2006, 12:21 AM

Detailed Anatomy Reason:

The Secretion of DOPAMINE is drastically reduced By his Hypothalymus, which brings on Depression, which triggers SANATOS to do OVER TIME on his left Sholder.

Cure:

A Priscription for Prozac, twice a day, for the span of 2 weeks should get him on the right track.

A Priscription Cure:

His Diet could have have a Huge Impact of the Secretion Of Dopamine, but his Hypothalymus...Depends on what he's been putting into his body lately... :) So an icrease in Greens and Fruits should also make him feel better.

Being A Pre-Med Student Rocks doesn't it!? :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
18th June 2006, 09:03 AM
PR, nice poem! But do the desperadoes stop to think?

Hulkster
18th June 2006, 10:38 AM
PP akka...i feel your going abit too hasty there...sure this act of suicide is certainly unnecessary and the effects devastating..but we must also know they dunt just take suicide for nothing. The mind is a unstable and powerful entity...every action..emotion..thoughts is controlled by it...and the worst thing is a single upheaval in it can turn ur into permanent enemies to our ownselves. This suicide victims do not want to suicide...but it has appeared in their mind that everything has gone..not only that various thoughts and sufferings are undergone in their mind to a part where it snaps...and then suicide comes. If this people had been given some guidance or help before the mind undergoes such thoughts maybe the suicides would neva have happened...instead none was given and they were made to suffer such atrocities in their mind causing them to do such a act.

mgb
18th June 2006, 10:44 AM
its split second's madness :(
Exactly. Also reminds me of the kamal's dialogue in punnagai mannan.

While doing my CA one of my close friend wanted to commit suicide, just bcos he failed in CA-Inter (that too that was his 2nd attempt only). He bought 4 strips of sleeping pills, out of which we managed to grab 3 strips from him (4th one we were not aware). That night he consumed all the tablets in the 4th strip.. when we went to his house the next day afternoon.. thankfully he was in deep slumber and... his parents were not aware of the reason... we said he was too tired the previous day and woke him up. But after that he did not think about suicide even once. Had he wanted, he could have attempted again the same day with more dosage.
He went on to complete CA.. is now abroad and a big shot.. I still think, had not my other friend managed to grab the 3 strips, what would have been the consequence? :?

Life is not a readymade package of things. Most often, things don't get packed in the same manner in which we want it to be.
Suicide is foolishness.

Robert Clive.. when he was a mere soldier, attempted to shoot himself, just because he missed out on a promotion.. his gun wasn't loaded properly and on hearing the empty shots, others grabbed his gun away. Two years down the line he was given a better responsiblity and was sent to India.. and rest is History.. :oops:

All our lives have some definite purpose in it and let us live it fully.. bringing happiness to our nears and dears.. lets not drown them in tears :)

pavalamani pragasam
18th June 2006, 01:20 PM
Recent suicides are clear pointers to the present scenario, change in lifestyles, shifting of priorities, impatience and restlessness!

Alan
18th June 2006, 03:05 PM
The case of late Lt Sushmita Chakravarty was really SHOCKING! An Army Officer who is supposed to be brave enough to head the nation on her shoulders- *sigh* What is the world coming to?

P_R
18th June 2006, 04:36 PM
PR, nice poem! But do the desperadoes stop to think? Suicide in most cases is an emotional decision.

One feels the huge loss more when the person in question is a youngster. Had he lived on, he would have definitely realized how time trivializes things that were at some point in time apparently central to our life.

But what can we make of cases where people decide they have had enough out of life and are ready to end it ? There have been several instances were it was a decision reached after thorough deliberation.

One of the most disturbing things I have ever read is the suicide note of the Japanese writer: Ryunosuke Akutagawa's. It is titled: 'A Note to a Certain Old Friend'. It is calm, cerebral and just too peaceful to digest. The first time I read it I didn't feel like talking to anyone for a whole day. It just challenges one's sense of judgement.

pavalamani pragasam
18th June 2006, 05:16 PM
Yes, PR, I can understand your reaction. Contrary to popular belief that suicide is an act of cowardice & ecapism, in rare cases where no emotional imbalance is at play, it is a BRAVE decision requiring extraordinary courage , grit. In my thread, 'Sensible adieu', I have spoken about Roman death, self-immolation of captured Rajput ladies in the past & wish for euthanasia. Shakespeare describes the 'deaths' of Antony & Cleopatra with great romantic brilliance. The dead Rajput ladies holding on to honour does have some charm. I am an advocate of euthanasia. But a majority of suicides we hear are blameworthy.