crazy
8th June 2006, 04:17 PM
i like remixs :)
its neither lack of talent nor identity, its just a new trend :roll:

nms
8th June 2006, 05:39 PM
I think
..it's lack of identity..
..taking gr8 hits' lyrics for a new music..

they haven't tried with one's that had flops..

Nakeeran
8th June 2006, 06:14 PM
One has to create a new tune out of just 7 swaras !

Today we are in a situation wherein lakhs & lakhs of songs were already been composed with multiple swara combinations

there is little scope left out now . this is my humble opinion

I think Remix has become inevitable

baba88
8th June 2006, 06:21 PM
A.R.Rahman started with Thottal Poo Malarum. But this was a retune. Then A.R.Rahman remixed his own songs Mayilirage and Ilamai.

Yuvan Shankar Raja the copycat from TFM copied this from A.R.Rahman and is doing always a remix song.

vasanth2006
8th June 2006, 06:44 PM
A.R.Rahman started with Thottal Poo Malarum. But this was a retune. Then A.R.Rahman remixed his own songs Mayilirage and Ilamai.

Yuvan Shankar Raja the copycat from TFM copied this from A.R.Rahman and is doing always a remix song.

terinja pesu.illainna silent iru machi.

Yuvan is the one who started the remix trend in TFM with remixing the "asai nooru vagai" song. after that only rahman retuned that "tottal poo malarum". ( rahman sonna mathiri remix alavodu panna fine.IMHO.if it crossed the limit, then i will hate.).

already one ARR fan told like this. i explained that time also.

initialy Yuvan did remix for the change. i think nowadays the peoples (simbu, vishnuvarthan) are forcing yuvan to do for commerical reasons. i think yuvan remixed only for these peoples. not for other peoples (include selva and ameer).

MrJudge
8th June 2006, 07:40 PM
already one ARR fan told like this. i explained that time also.

vasanth,

ennum konjam pochchuna keyboard-la ulla keys kooda kandupichchathe avaru thaanu solluvanga :lol: ithellam appadiye kandukkaama vitturanum, actual copycat namma thundu annachchi thaan :wink:

rashid2raj
8th June 2006, 08:45 PM

Maramkottiye, idhu remix !!!, probably the best Remix in TFM-history.. Listen maramkottiye & you'l realize all the hard work done on the vocals.. Not like yuvan.. Yuvan just add new beats, thats all.. :roll:

MusicIsLife
8th June 2006, 09:19 PM
Neither
It is an avenue to make more money with the club going public.

rashid2raj
8th June 2006, 09:28 PM
Neither
It is an avenue to make more money with the club going public.

Soo true.. And drunk people don't sense between good and bad.. That's what Yuvan is making use of.. :D

Renault
8th June 2006, 09:43 PM
[Maramkottiye, idhu remix !!!, probably the best Remix in TFM-history.. Listen maramkottiye & you'l realize all the hard work done on the vocals.. Not like yuvan.. Yuvan just add new beats, thats all.. :roll:

I remember Bob Willi's (England cricket commentator) commenting after England list their third consecutive Ashes Test in 2001 that England has probably lost the "Best Team Ever".

Poor man, he fails to read that anybody who beats England can't be the Best Team ever.

So Maram Kothi Remix is not Out of the world. Please don't make yourself a Bob Willis here. :lol:

Renault
8th June 2006, 09:45 PM
Correction..

I remember Bob Willi's (England cricket commentator) commenting after England lost their third consecutive Ashes Test in 2001 that England has probably lost the "Best Team Ever

rashid2raj
8th June 2006, 09:45 PM
[Maramkottiye, idhu remix !!!, probably the best Remix in TFM-history.. Listen maramkottiye & you'l realize all the hard work done on the vocals.. Not like yuvan.. Yuvan just add new beats, thats all.. :roll:

I remember Bob Willi's (England cricket commentator) commenting after England list their third consecutive Ashes Test in 2001 that England has probably lost the "Best Team Ever".

Poor man, he fails to read that anybody who beats England can't be the Best Team ever.

So Maram Kothi Remix is not Out of the world. Please don't make yourself a Bob Willis here. :lol:

What are you trying to say.. Be clear.. If you have something to say.. :lol:

kb
8th June 2006, 10:27 PM
anyway its bad that remix are becoming so frequent..

u can add a few more extra effort to make it look gud.. chicken briyani'a mundhiri dracthai potu kudkarthubathila.. athula podara masala innum extra ingredients add panni hyderabadi briyani maathiri kudutha innum nalla irrukum. saapadravangalukku pudhumaiya irrukum

:D

Ramakrishna
8th June 2006, 10:29 PM
anyway its bad that remix are becoming so frequent..

u can add a few more extra effort to make it look gud.. chicken briyani'a mundhiri dracthai potu kudkarthubathila.. athula podara masala innum extra ingredients add panni hyderabadi briyani maathiri kudutha innum nalla irrukum. saapadravangalukku pudhumaiya irrukum

:D

nalla comparison :D :lol:

baba88
8th June 2006, 10:51 PM
Yuvan periya Superstar mathiri kathaykiringa ellarum.
He is currently the biggest copycat in TFM.
I could make a comparision between A.R.Rahman and Yuvan Shankar Raja but I feel that YSR is not able to be compared with ARR.

ansa400
8th June 2006, 11:28 PM
I think Remixing songs is not a big deal. There r 100's of DJ's doing it and u can find them doin it regularly in Hindi Movies now as well. It all depends on creativity and thats where ARR scores. I mean SJS asked him to do a normal remix for NEW. If it had been YSR or any other MD they wud've done that easily, but ARR showed his creativity by retuning it and made it a huge success. Even in the case of Ah Ahh the remixed song had a different lyrics. Infact it was hard to recognise that it was a remix of Mayilirage.. So there is no use in just increasing the tempo of a slow song and remix it. YSR is doin that only in his remixes and I think he should stop remixing for a while coz it's becoming monotonous.

MusicIsLife
9th June 2006, 12:08 AM
If you re-tune a song, have different lyrics then it is not remix, a remix is just adding different flavor to the same song as what you have mentioned. What ARR has dont to Thottal poo malarum is not a remix, it is just having totally new song (except for the wordings).

kb
9th June 2006, 12:31 AM
if he had new lyrics..apuram inspired apidinu gunda thooki poduvaanga :?

Nitya
9th June 2006, 02:30 AM
I believe it's really tragic that Tamil film music is nowadays actually based on remixes. It doesn't have to be this way. It does not have to be this way. Even though (especially nowadays) I don't think it possible to introduce something completely original, I think it is still possible to compose class songs if one sets his mind to it. You may have a fresh new take on a popular raaga and/or routine instruments. Plus I believe it is still highly possible to maintain Indian identity in today's film music. But it shouldn't be that MDs are encouraged to copy ALL the time. Nor should they ALWAYS go for loud and jarring rhythms, inane lyrics and primitive melodies.

I expect today's MDs to READ THIS POST and TAKE WHAT I SAY TO HEART.

Nitya
9th June 2006, 02:37 AM
I realize that there are still some MDs who do indeed make an effort to give quality music. But it is not hard to see that for the most part, remixes and duplicating Western songs are ruling the roost, along with skin-show flicks steeped with crude dialogs and uninspiring storylines.

sick31
9th June 2006, 06:57 AM
Actually, the sad thing is that the term remix is now taken to mean "some slow song that has been sped up, with a new beat (don't forget plenty of bass, and some guy (who's trying his HARDEST to sound black) going "Yo" or Check it out"in the background.

Which is why I thought ARRs Thottaal Poo Malarum was brilliant, because it had none of those. But that's not to say everything he does is wonderful, though.

The remixes in Godfather seem pointless and overdone. (this is a personal opinion, I'm allowed to have those, aren't I?) And frankly, I hated Maramkothiyae, but loved Mayiliragae.

Currently I'm listening to the remix version of Kannai Vittu (by YSR) which has Premji going "Put your your hands up, till you pass out" I've actually worked for a short while with Premji when he was in Singapore, and he's very talented. But I really don't like the rap thing that seems to be part of every remix song nowadays.

Having said that, though. Kannai Vittu (remix) is really not too bad. The rap seems to blend quite nicely with the tune and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Guess the party's going on till I pass out.

-Vijay

slperson1
9th June 2006, 08:55 AM
you guys are kidding right?about MDs runnin outta juice and makin remixes?lol if you havent noticed they have like 5 original tunes and then a remix.and in GF,Vallavan & Pattiyal they remixed their own songs (vallavan has one old song redone) but there are many original numbers in the sound track tooo.and to be able to remix a classic well takes talent too cuz u cant ruin it otherwise itll go down bad with the masses.

remixes are fun and tend to spice up old classics.i agree that the weak english rap lyrics can be thrown out like premjis very amateurish works but overall remixes i think are fun and and enjoyable.

Hulkster
9th June 2006, 09:17 AM
Remixes are not necessarily the lack of talent..as slperson mentioned..one needs to know how to make a remix attractive. Todays remixes by the MDs are following the same old parter which makes the uses seem disinterested and unimpressed of the MD's talent. The same techno cum keyboard instrumentation of a old song with raps in between make it seem too westernised for the common listener. Nowadays remix is being defined as adding new sounds to a old song with most of them being techno orchestrated.

A remix can be adding new sounds to a song or totally changing the arrangements,orchestration and instrumentation of the song without affecting the main tune or lyrics. The latter is very rare amongst MDs..Only IR has tried that in his italy music journey and the jaya tv concert. Imagine sendhoora poove given a different instrumentation and orchestration...how would that sound with the tune being unaffected? That is a challenge for MDs of today...im sure ARR and IR are able to give totally different orchestration and instrumentation for old songs..what abt the rest?

Sanjeevi
9th June 2006, 09:33 AM
Remixes are not necessarily the lack of talent..as slperson mentioned..one needs to know how to make a remix attractive. Todays remixes by the MDs are following the same old parter which makes the uses seem disinterested and unimpressed of the MD's talent. The same techno cum keyboard instrumentation of a old song with raps in between make it seem too westernised for the common listener. Nowadays remix is being defined as adding new sounds to a old song with most of them being techno orchestrated.

A remix can be adding new sounds to a song or totally changing the arrangements,orchestration and instrumentation of the song without affecting the main tune or lyrics. The latter is very rare amongst MDs..Only IR has tried that in his italy music journey and the jaya tv concert. Imagine sendhoora poove given a different instrumentation and orchestration...how would that sound with the tune being unaffected? That is a challenge for MDs of today...im sure ARR and IR are able to give totally different orchestration and instrumentation for old songs..what abt the rest?

Nice post Hulkster. I wonder you have not listened IR's hindi film "Aak Aur Prem Kahani" directed by Balumahendra. IR has given real remix songs in this film for the following songs
1) Kadhal Oviyam
2) Sangathil Paadatha
3) Pothi vacha malliga mottu
4) Kaatril enthan geetham
and one more song (I've forgotten)

Truly Amazing. Please listen

Hulkster
9th June 2006, 10:43 AM
I will give it a go once i have the time..thanks for the details..:D

Sundar12345
9th June 2006, 11:35 AM
a dsd

Sundar12345
9th June 2006, 11:35 AM
Remixes are true fun and enjoyables to listen to.

Himesh Reshmiyya's Remix(Aasique Banaye Apne) was rated NO.3 in the world last year and he was awarded for it.

Some are boring but most of the are funny and good to Listen to.

Vallavan Remix of Kadhal Vandhirichu is actuaaly speaking better than the original sound track.