View Full Version : Yuvan Shankar Raja's - KEDI

baba88
10th June 2006, 01:58 AM
YSR's latest album KEDI released.
What do you think of this album ?

:arrow: the songs can be downloaded at www.tamilmp3tracks.com

Hulkster
10th June 2006, 09:11 AM
Most of the songs reek of peppiness and fun with westernised beats all through it with certain exceptions. Kedi Paiya is a interesting fusion of R n B and hindustani beats and Unnikrishnans rendition Kungamam Kalainthathae is sad with just a drum beaten monotonously throughout. Aadhi Vaasi Naanae although abit peppy has melody inside it and very nice to hear the lead singers render it soothingly. Kungamam Poove is a melodious wedding ceremony styled song with racey beats here and there. Unna Petha Aatha is a westernised dappankoothu song which sounds very catchy and College Life da has inspirations of Pothuvaaga Manasu thangam with the whole song mixing gaana with dappangkoothu.

Overall another commercial winner from Yuvan although it sounds quite similar to his peppy albums.

inetk
10th June 2006, 09:52 AM
100 words!
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/

rashid2raj
10th June 2006, 02:44 PM
Worst album by YSR recently.. This shows why YSR ain't that good as some people claim here in tfmpage.. Definetely an flop..

Ramakrishna
10th June 2006, 03:25 PM
not good

MrJudge
10th June 2006, 04:20 PM
Songs are average. I liked only Chumma chumma.

To Mr.Rashid,

While there are people who do two/three albums per year coming out with craps, I don't think Yuvan is doing all that bad :)

interz
10th June 2006, 04:21 PM
"aathi vaasi" is the best song,

"unnai petha aatha" had a great intro but im getting tired of mds using jassia gift to dappanguthu songs only.

other songs i have forgotten already, sorry.

rashid2raj
10th June 2006, 04:56 PM

To Mr.Rashid,

While there are people who do two/three albums per year coming out with craps, I don't think Yuvan is doing all that bad :)

That's true.. But, why make good songs in Vallavan & then crap in Kedi.. And Mr. Judge.. You are comparing YSR with Srikanth Deva, D.Imman, Dhina etc.. in that case of course YSR is the best.. :rotfl:

MrJudge
10th June 2006, 06:31 PM
why make good songs in Vallavan & then crap in Kedi.. And Mr. Judge.. You are comparing YSR with Srikanth Deva, D.Imman, Dhina etc.. in that case of course YSR is the best.. :rotfl:

My comparison was to the different league, not with the ones you listed here :)

Justice
10th June 2006, 09:21 PM

To Mr.Rashid,

:thumbsup: .. what's more pathetic is that fans of those people never accept they were crap :oops: :(

Justice
10th June 2006, 09:23 PM
That's true.. But, why make good songs in Vallavan & then crap in Kedi.. And Mr. Judge.. You are comparing YSR with Srikanth Deva, D.Imman, Dhina etc.. in that case of course YSR is the best.. :rotfl:

after listening to ARR's recent songs, I think ARR can be compared to srikantheva & co.. and in that case ARR is worst :rotfl:

baba88
10th June 2006, 09:39 PM

after listening to ARR's recent songs, I think ARR can be compared to srikantheva & co.. and in that case ARR is worst :rotfl:

Only Mayilirage song is enough to beat all albums from Srikanth Deva, D.Imman, Devi Sri Prasad etc.
So don't talk crap like this. Look at Yuvan Shankar Raja first, what happened to Kedi ? Flop ! Maybe he has not found materiels to copy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ansa400
10th June 2006, 10:19 PM
I think when we compare Kedi with E20 U18 ( by the same director) we'll come to know whose work is crap.

Justice
10th June 2006, 11:12 PM
Only Mayilirage song is enough to beat all albums from Srikanth Deva, D.Imman, Devi Sri Prasad etc.
So don't talk crap like this. Look at Yuvan Shankar Raja first, what happened to Kedi ? Flop ! Maybe he has not found materiels to copy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ARR's albums aren't good either.. most of them are flop with big banner.. while YSR rocks with small banners :thumbsup:

Mayilirage is not enough to beat deva, so don't talk nonsense :lol:

slperson1
11th June 2006, 12:28 AM

To Mr.Rashid,

:thumbsup: .. what's more pathetic is that fans of those people never accept they were crap :oops: :(

says the ajith fan.LOL

slperson1
11th June 2006, 12:30 AM
whats pathetic is people who are praising YSR & company but dont realize that YSR is doing what ARR did 3 years back.the masses werent ready for those songs then, ysr is just copyin what arr did 3 or so yrs ago.in 2009 we will hear this years ARR songs by YSR.

ARR's latest songs are much better than the current crop.whats pathetic is people who are anti-arr for no apparent reason

slperson1
11th June 2006, 12:34 AM
Back to KD tho...this is a very average even below average album.this album shoulda came before vallavan then maybe it coulda been labeled average.only 1 or 2 good songs.I especially like the number by unni krishnan too bad it is only 1:20 long.

kb
11th June 2006, 02:32 AM
surprisingly.. yuvan hasnt rendered his voice for a single song in this album..not sure there may be a bit song is in the film by yuvan :D

and regarding ARR only his most recent wasnt that gud to compare with his past.still ARR :thumbsup:

Justice
11th June 2006, 04:45 AM
whats pathetic is people who are praising YSR & company but dont realize that YSR is doing what ARR did 3 years back.the masses werent ready for those songs then, ysr is just copyin what arr did 3 or so yrs ago.in 2009 we will hear this years ARR songs by YSR.

ARR's latest songs are much better than the current crop.whats pathetic is people who are anti-arr for no apparent reason

Who'd copy ARR's music?? no body will copy a flop album :lol:

ARR lost his touch a long back.. now his reputations serves him.. tell me an ARR's complete album that was good (after Kandukondein and Kandukondein).. all the albums after that were pathetic. for ex: kathal virus, baba, parasuraam, star, and etc.. his future is :ROLLING MY EYES: .. hopefuly Shankar's picturization of songs helps him but I doubt it(after seeing those stills :lol: )

kb
11th June 2006, 05:18 AM
GF-um sethi solriya justice :roll: itha naan appa antha threadla sollum bothu othukalaiya :oops:

Justice
11th June 2006, 05:30 AM
GF-um sethi solriya justice :roll: itha naan appa antha threadla sollum bothu othukalaiya :oops:

you've another reason to say that.. do I care?? but Godfather was slightly better than baba, udaya and the ones I've listed.. and other masala trash albums..

you said his most recent wasn't as good as his previous ones.. but his previous ones weren't good either(after KK) :lol:

He was really good till KK :thumbsup: after that :cry: .. he's finished

let me take my leave :wave:

slperson1
11th June 2006, 06:22 AM

Who'd copy ARR's music?? no body will copy a flop album :lol:

ARR lost his touch a long back.. now his reputations serves him.. tell me an ARR's complete album that was good (after Kandukondein and Kandukondein).. all the albums after that were pathetic. for ex: kathal virus, baba, parasuraam, star, and etc.. his future is :ROLLING MY EYES: .. hopefuly Shankar's picturization of songs helps him but I doubt it(after seeing those stills :lol: )

Yes YSR copied abunch of ARRs styles from his recent albums.after KKKK there was Rhythm, Paarthale Paravasam, Kadhal Virus, Kannathil Muthamittal, Boys, Ennaku 20 Unnaku 18, Kangala Keitha Sei, Aiyatha Ezhuthu, New, Desam, Ah Aah, & God Father which all were much better than what is out there. All were hits except Parthale Paravasam & Kadhal Virus. If you have forgotten KM won the national award. You dwell on two flop albums (star & baba) you neglected to mention all these hits. Of course you aint bias *rolls eyes*

MumbaiRamki
11th June 2006, 10:19 AM
slperson,
what about parasuram ,meenaxi,hindi film ( wher ethym songs were used)?They wre ultimate flops ..

But i don't think arr has lost his touch -the trend is different now -he is just catering to it ....If you have a subject like alaipauthey ,he will score the way he wants ..for filsm like aah aah ,godfather -it will be just for the masses

ansa400
11th June 2006, 10:56 AM
slperson,
what about parasuram ,meenaxi,hindi film ( wher ethym songs were used)?They wre ultimate flops ..

But i don't think arr has lost his touch -the trend is different now -he is just catering to it ....If you have a subject like alaipauthey ,he will score the way he wants ..for filsm like aah aah ,godfather -it will be just for the masses

You've included Meenaxi in the list of flops!! :shock: OMG!! I don't think u've heard the album at all. First listen to the album properly atleast to comment on it. :wave:

slperson1
11th June 2006, 10:57 AM
MR,
Meenaxi & his other films songs were much appreciated.Rang De Basanti was a huge hit. Parasuram was average.it wasnt great but it had decent songs in it.

interz
11th June 2006, 03:41 PM
There are more posts about ARR than KeDi songs. guys dont continue your wars here.

slperson1
11th June 2006, 08:33 PM
I guess its cuz theres not much to talk about KD songs...
Is this the movie where Ravi Krishna's brother directs him?

rsubras
11th June 2006, 08:43 PM
Compare Kedi songs with Ravi Krishna's brother's earlier venture Enakku 20 Unakku 18.......

Obviously ARR scores better...

and regarding other discussions going on here, if Paarthale Paravasam or Parasuram or BABA songs came from YSR, ppl would have hailed it as a really good album...but then ARR is being compared against higher standards and so it is considered as trash.... , although i would say only Parasuram is trash, BABA la rap song, Maya Maya song lam nijammave super songs and how can some one forget the Azhagae sugama song from Paarthale paravasam and that theme music ARR composed for Paarthale Paravasam....

Raikkonen
11th June 2006, 08:50 PM
I dunno why this guy is so biased..
he gives his best for his friends (Simbu and Selva), others he just like....

rashid2raj
11th June 2006, 11:33 PM

So true..

sanjeevk
12th June 2006, 05:34 AM
Raikkonen wrote:

how can u say its biased.. YSR isnt the director of the movie, dun u think its the responsibility of the director to get the best out of YSR :?: :?: :?: when lookin at selva n simbu, they know what they want out of ysr as the music plays a heavy influence in dere movies while in KD it seems the director just wanted songs for the sake of it

ansa400
12th June 2006, 11:29 AM
how can u say its biased.. YSR isnt the director of the movie, dun u think its the responsibility of the director to get the best out of YSR :?: :?: :?: when lookin at selva n simbu, they know what they want out of ysr as the music plays a heavy influence in dere movies while in KD it seems the director just wanted songs for the sake of it

I dont think so. The director says the music plays a big part in this movie. Remember the movie has 8 complete songs in it. Its very clear that the director wanted this to be a musical hit, but the result :cry:

MrJudge
13th June 2006, 10:57 AM

Seriously, can you list the songs what yuvan copied from arr's 3year back albums?

vasanth2006
13th June 2006, 05:19 PM

Seriously, can you list the songs what yuvan copied from arr's 3year back albums?

i also want to know man. please tell.

NagaS
13th June 2006, 06:05 PM
Not sure if im the only one - But I do like Kedi songs and can't see why majority here say its a flop,

I was very disappointed before downloading this album to read such comments and really thought yuvan failed this time (based on what I read here), But the songs are hummable and have everything to hit the charts - I think he has delivered whats required for a movie like this and it will make sense for the target audience,

Ofcourse, Nothing innovative / new here and it can't be called his master piece or something, But Yuvan can't be called a failure for doing such decent and 'to-the-point' songs for a bilingual movie, where he has to keep in mind the Telugu audience also

rashid2raj
13th June 2006, 06:19 PM
Not sure if im the only one - But I do like Kedi songs and can't see why majority here say its a flop,

I was very disappointed before downloading this album to read such comments and really thought yuvan failed this time (based on what I read here), But the songs are hummable and have everything to hit the charts - I think he has delivered whats required for a movie like this and it will make sense for the target audience,

Ofcourse, Nothing innovative / new here and it can't be called his master piece or something, But Yuvan can't be called a failure for doing such decent and 'to-the-point' songs for a bilingual movie, where he has to keep in mind the Telugu audience also

Then Nagas i'm sure you'll be satisfied with Dhina's, D.Imman's, Mani sharma's & Baradwaj's currently albums :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
13th June 2006, 06:35 PM

i also want to know man. please tell.

not sure how many songs he copied though,but this is famouse :

1.Nuvenna - Raam [Telugu-2006] copied from Anarkali - KKS [2003]

NagaS
13th June 2006, 06:51 PM
rashid2raj :)

I didn't say im happy / satisfied with this album, I just wanted to know whats wrong with this set of songs, Even IR and ARR Compose 'okay' sort of albums every now and then (which are comparable to devas' / even dhinas' :) and that doesn't make them poor composers!

NagaS

MusicIsLife
13th June 2006, 11:13 PM
NagaS
Eppadi irukkeenga!! Good to see you

jegansavannah
14th June 2006, 07:47 AM
common guys.. all arr and ir fans say tht ysr isnt in the league of legends.. accepted.. thn why whtz wrong in giving an avg album( out of all recent chartbusters). every1 has given tht before.. hez a promising kid.. he has proved he has got good future.. common guys this shows tht you guys are really afraid to show your face in ysr era

Sanjeevi
14th June 2006, 09:50 AM

Then Nagas i'm sure you'll be satisfied with Dhina's, D.Imman's, Mani sharma's & Baradwaj's currently albums :thumbsup:

Vayitherichal thana :lol:

Sanjeevi
14th June 2006, 10:03 AM

Dinesh, it is sure that YSR has many inspiration from ARR not by copying just tunes, beats, music but by following ARR's way such as variety, hardwork, etc.

vasanth2006
14th June 2006, 12:13 PM

Dinesh, it is sure that YSR has many inspiration from ARR not by copying just tunes, beats, music but by following ARR's way such as variety, hardwork, etc.

definitely Yuvan follows ARR's variety, hardwork, concentration on sound effect etc.
But tune area, Yuvan is in another plane. He has his own style.
i see the difference btw ARR and Yuvan's tune making style.

Selection of movies and giving music based on director/story
for that Yuvan follows ilaiyaraja style.
yuvan's selection of movies should improve IMHO.

rashid2raj
14th June 2006, 02:18 PM

Then Nagas i'm sure you'll be satisfied with currently albums :thumbsup:

Vayitherichal thana :lol:

Well, if Yuvans Kedi songs are good.. Then Dhina's, D.Imman's, Mani sharma's, Srikanth Deva & Baradwaj's must be good too.. I had the same feeling afte listening to Kedi.. None of the song impressed me, & none of the songs stayed in my mind.. The same feeling i have with those dappangkuttu MD's..

rashid2raj
14th June 2006, 02:21 PM
Yuvan could have avoided this one.. & even he should avoid such movies in futures.. Look at mr. Harris Jayaraj he's very choosy..

MrJudge
14th June 2006, 03:03 PM
Yuvan could have avoided this one.. & even he should avoid such movies in futures.. Look at mr. Harris Jayaraj he's very choosy..

Being choosy is not going to give you 100% success rate either.. We have enough examples from HJ/ARR. They have their own shares of failures. So let him do what Yuvan wants. :)

sick31
14th June 2006, 03:09 PM
common guys.. all arr and ir fans say tht ysr isnt in the league of legends.. accepted.. thn why whtz wrong in giving an avg album( out of all recent chartbusters). every1 has given tht before.. hez a promising kid.. he has proved he has got good future.. common guys this shows tht you guys are really afraid to show your face in ysr era

Jegan, I think the point that a lot of us are trying to make is exactly this. YSR has shown an incredible lot of promise. I've loved his recent movies. He's been creating many different types of styles over the different films.

- 7G Rainbow Colony (with the solemn Kan Pesum and the inticate Kana Kaanum), Bala (with the sensous Theendi Theendi), Arinthum Ariyaamalum (with the very popular Theepidikka) and a whole host of other movies. I'm still listening to his stuff from Kanda Naal Muthal, which I think is one of the best all round albums in a long time.

And then he does strange things like Vallavan and Kedi.

You ask what's wrong if he gives a mediocre album, since he isn't regarded as one of the top music directors. My stance is, how is he ever going to be regarded as a top music director, if he isn't consistent? I've never been a huge fan of YSR, but recently I've been looking forward to his releases quite eagerly, and frankly, I'm disappointed.

Oh well. Guess I'll go listen to Erimalai Naanae to cheer myself up. And possibly Merke Merke as well. And Pani Thuli.

-Vijay

baba88
14th June 2006, 05:36 PM
Did you notice that there is not Remix or Rap song in this album. Hmmmm I think that YSR himself didn't want to do this movie.

slperson1
16th June 2006, 12:34 AM
Did you notice that there is not Remix or Rap song in this album. Hmmmm I think that YSR himself didn't want to do this movie.
LOL thats an interesting observation.

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 01:51 AM

Being choosy is not going to give you 100% success rate either.. We have enough examples from HJ/ARR. They have their own shares of failures. So let him do what Yuvan wants. :)

100% succes belongs to kadavul yaa.. :roll:

vasanth2006
16th June 2006, 02:21 PM
Today's Deccan Chronical claims that the music of kedi is already hit :roll:

MrJudge
16th June 2006, 03:10 PM

College da is the real spoiler but rest are likeable after couple of hearings.

vasanth2006
16th June 2006, 03:49 PM

College da is the real spoiler but rest are likeable after couple of hearings.

yes. i also thought it is the bad album at first hearing.

after couple of hearings the following songs are good and likeable.

1)chumma chumma
2)kd paiyya
( the sequence of "i will love u eppodume
i will kiss u engeyume
i will miss u ennalume" is really superb.)
3)adhivasi nane
4)kunguma poove
( the starting bit "sivakka sivvakka pattu selai sirrikka sirikka nikkuthe. jolligga jolliga mana malai manasa sethu vaikkuthe" is superb bit)
5)antha vannam pola

others are crap.

However the above tunes are average. Yuvan could have given the "Mirattal" western BGM for the songs. that could sound better.

jegansavannah
16th June 2006, 09:45 PM
hello guys.. for the past few days i am listening to vallavan(sure to work among masses)and kedi ( may be itz not really different..

but i feel itz a decent 1). after repeated hearing i do started liking the songs.(
aadhivaasee naane,
kunguma poove,
kd paiya( manavaadu style..i like the female voice)
you guys can say i can start listening to srikant deva r some 1. well itz fine.. iam
not biased.. but iam sure kedi songs will kick out as chartbuster even if the movie manages to do
a decent run.one thing for sure... yuvan proves now he z the trustable music director available in tfm
who can handle multiple projects as his father. (with a decent show)

MrJudge
16th June 2006, 10:55 PM
I don't understand why Perarasu has been roped to pen songs nowadays. I wish Yuvan stops using him.....

vasanth2006
17th June 2006, 11:59 AM
I don't understand why Perarasu has been roped to pen songs nowadays. I wish Yuvan stops using him.....

perarasu is written in KD?

I think yuvan is not opting perarasu.that is simbu's idea. simbu only forced yuvan for using him. for that matter for remix of "aha vanthiruchu" also. simbu's aim is mass appeal.that's all. (simbu's interview in this week AV).

MrJudge
20th June 2006, 01:55 PM
DirectorJyothi Krishna speaks about his Kedi here:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/interview.php?cid=2408

villan007
7th July 2006, 11:59 AM
Average album...

aadhivaasi naane , kd paaiya worth hearing... rest :cry: