PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant-Please suggest a diet plan for 3500Cal & 170gmp

binal142001
10th June 2006, 09:48 PM
Hi Friends,
I'm pregnant with twins due in late Dec 2006. the recommended cal is 3500 calories and 170-200 gms of protein for healthy babies to be born at full term. Can DEV or SOMEONE please help me in giving me diet plan for that recommended cal and protein? I will be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
Please let me know if u need my stats, will post it.

Anoushka
11th June 2006, 12:02 AM
Congrats Binal :) Eat healthy... I won't be able to help you much in this dept except for saying drink plenty of milk and eat plenty of dal variety everyday! I am sure Dev will come up with a much more useful answer :)

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:29 AM
congrats !!

Women who eat fish during their second trimester may boost their baby's brainpower--as long as the fish is low in mercury. Researchers asked new moms about their fish consumption during pregnancy, measured mercury levels in the women's hair, then tested the memory of their babies at six months. They found that a baby's memory score rose by four points for each weekly serving of low-mercury fish the mother ate in midpregnancy. But babies whose mom's hair showed evidence of high mercury intake during pregnancy scored lower on memory. Most fish contain traces of mercury, but larger fish, such as swordfish, shark, tilefish and albacore tuna, have higher levels. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration encourages pregnant women to eat up to 12 ounces weekly of low-mercury seafood, such as shrimp and canned light tuna.

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:30 AM
http://www.babyfit.com/register.asp

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:31 AM
http://www.babyfit.com/register.asp

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:33 AM
[tscii:df4307550d]Surprisingly, pregnant women don’t need a lot more calories – just about 300 extra a day. That may be a piece of fruit, a cup of yogurt and maybe another glass of milk. Women always think they need to eat a lot of extra food, but they don’t. They need very little extra, but they need to make every calorie count for the baby nutritionally."
[/tscii:df4307550d]

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:33 AM
During pregnancy, extra fiber, iron and calcium are needed. Fiber can help relieve or prevent constipation and hemorrhoids. Iron is found in meats and animal products, though a supplement is usually also needed. Calcium helps develop strong teeth and bones. Studies have shown women who do not consume enough calcium during pregnancy may have skeletal problems, including osteoporosis, later in life. Milk and other dairy products are excellent sources of calcium.

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:35 AM
[tscii:3c53a15d7f]Protein is needed for the buildup of your muscles, uterus, breasts, blood supply, and baby’s tissues. Low protein intake is related to smaller-than-average weight babies who may have health problems. Pregnant women need around 60 grams of protein per day.

[/tscii:3c53a15d7f]

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:36 AM
Folate is a vitamin that is required to build protein tissues. Low folate levels are linked to birth defects, such as spina bifida. These defects form early in pregnancy, often before women know they are pregnant. It is important to eat enough foods high in folate like broccoli, dark green vegetables, and oranges both before and during pregnancy. The dietary reference intake for folate is 400 milligrams per day.

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:36 AM
The dietary reference intake for calcium is 1,000 milligrams per day or 1,300 milligrams per day for women under 18 years of age.

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:39 AM
calorie need varies from person to person...check this out..

http://www.mypyramid.gov/

ayeshasadique
11th June 2006, 12:40 PM
all the above mentioned tips and guides can be found all over the net, ....need to just do some googleing :)

www.fitpregnancy.com

binal142001
11th June 2006, 08:28 PM
Thank you friends for all ur tips and suggestions. Yes I have found a lot and lot of such information on web but none really mentioned exactly what and in twin pregnancy they say I need to be as accurate as possible.
I would really appreciate if someone like DEV can give me a diet plan for the recommended calories and protein content.

Thank you.

Alan
11th June 2006, 09:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS , binal, about your Double Happiness! Twins have always interested me! I am sure Ayesha & the others will give u ample advice!

Once again, Congrats!

RedPepper
11th June 2006, 10:20 PM
[tscii:981e00fd7f]Congratulations!

Here is something I found over the net.

Do I need to eat more or differently than if I were pregnant with one baby?
Yes. Aim for eating an extra 600 calories a day over your usual intake — 300 calories more per day than if you were pregnant with one baby. Eating well — that means more servings of protein, calcium, and carbohydrates, especially whole grains — will increase the odds that you'll have normal babies of healthy weight.

If you want some guidance, see a nutritionist or attend a class, which may be covered by your health insurance. Teresa Edgington of Cincinnati was worried that she wouldn't be able to stick to a healthy diet while pregnant, so she consulted a nutritionist who, incidentally, had triplets. She learned tricks such as keeping a list of healthy snacks posted on her fridge, and she tried to eat no more than 3,000 calories a day. Since she's a vegetarian, she faced an even greater challenge in making sure she ate enough protein, so she turned to alternative sources such as beans, peanut butter, nuts, and fat-free cream cheese. She also drank a whopping two gallons of water every day and took multivitamins and iron supplements.

In fact, even if you're just thinking about getting pregnant, start taking a multivitamin with 400 micrograms of folic acid; during pregnancy, you'll need 600 micrograms a day. And make sure your prenatal vitamin has sufficient iron, which helps prevent maternal anemia, a common problem in multiple pregnancies. You'll want to get between 30 and 60 milligrams of iron daily throughout your pregnancy. Be sure to discuss supplements with your doctor or midwife.

More here (http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/carryingtwins/3580.html).
[/tscii:981e00fd7f]

dev
11th June 2006, 10:42 PM
Thank you friends for all ur tips and suggestions. Yes I have found a lot and lot of such information on web but none really mentioned exactly what and in twin pregnancy they say I need to be as accurate as possible.
I would really appreciate if someone like DEV can give me a diet plan for the recommended calories and protein content.

Thank you.

Hi Binal, Congrats!!!...

As for the diet, I would first like to make it clear that I am not a qualified dietician... It's just my passion that made me learn it...I can plan a diet for a normal healthy person... But since U r pregnant, it's highly recommended taht you consult a professional dietician... I'm sure it'll be worth the time & money you spend on it...

I wish you a safe pregnancy...

ssanjinika
12th June 2006, 08:41 PM
Congrats Binal!
Wish you all the very best for healthy happy babies :)

binal142001
16th June 2006, 07:58 PM
thank you all

binal142001
16th June 2006, 07:59 PM
thank you all

sangeetha_me
22nd June 2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Binal

Congratulations to you. Just came across this site..thot it might be useful to you.

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/dietandfitness/wtmngment/archive/0,,237,00.html