PDA

View Full Version : music inside mind...

arr
11th June 2006, 09:51 PM
Hi all, I want to know whats going inside our minds...

for me some music/song is continuously playing on inside my mind...

do any of you to feel so ????
is its common??? or its happening to me alone???

temporary sori-Observer
11th June 2006, 10:17 PM

arr,

[tscii:cd9f8f7117]¯ý À¡(ð)Îõ, ±ý À¡(ð)Îõ ´ýÈøħš?

(first)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4899/[/tscii:cd9f8f7117]

crazy
11th June 2006, 10:19 PM
inside my mind lots of thing is going on
like music, thoughts, studies etc etc

rachel
12th June 2006, 03:00 AM

no..it's not normal. :lol:

Ghlli
12th June 2006, 03:46 AM
well sometimes if i listen to a song...it sticks to my mind and doesn't manage to get out of my head for like 2-3 days...at home i sign teh song out loud...and at skl i dnt pay attention to class and tht song just plays over and over agains...its soo weird...2day i was listening to ava ulaga alagiyae from lesa lesa....omg its stuck in my head, i cant get it out!

Braandan
12th June 2006, 05:00 AM
There is no such thing called 'mind'. Somewhere down the line of evolution, man made a 'social mistake' of recognizing this abstract noun and it just got carried on. It is the society which gives you a mind. If you are alone right from birth with no contact with another human being, then you will never hava a mind. The faculty of memory just connects what is stored in it at different moments and tried to relate it and this is called 'thought'. Mind is a result of this connection of memories.

arr
12th June 2006, 06:35 AM

arr,

[tscii:bb0d8330ed]¯ý À¡(ð)Îõ, ±ý À¡(ð)Îõ ´ýÈøħš?

(first)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4899/[/tscii:bb0d8330ed]

hi...what are you trying to saying??? my browser is not displaying your comments properly...

arr
12th June 2006, 06:40 AM

no..it's not normal. :lol:

why do you say so??

arr
12th June 2006, 06:44 AM
well sometimes if i listen to a song...it sticks to my mind and doesn't manage to get out of my head for like 2-3 days...at home i sign teh song out loud...and at skl i dnt pay attention to class and tht song just plays over and over agains...its soo weird...2day i was listening to ava ulaga alagiyae from lesa lesa....omg its stuck in my head, i cant get it out!

well that happens to you when u hear a nice song...
but for me, its happening all the time...
24/7
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
12th June 2006, 01:27 PM
I do keep getting a particular song or music in my mind often. I suppose it depends on a lot on what we think frequently or the kinda mood we are in.

Braandan,

I suppose mind would exist even if u DO NOT interact with human beings, as memory registers the scenery or surroundings around us too.

bingleguy
12th June 2006, 01:39 PM
I feel it does happens ...

Certain music, which has made u feel the moment will continue to linger u, whenever u face such kind of moments !

swathy
12th June 2006, 03:30 PM
It happens to me arr.

Hulkster
12th June 2006, 07:23 PM
My mind is very close to me..in fact it is my best friend and companion and i do most of my understanding...thoughts or whateva in it..and it makes up for my introvertiveness and the lack of close friends. And funnily there is a jukebox in my mind too...for every thinking i do i play a song related to it...if im thinking abt injustice pavithranaya saaguna song plays..very interesting experience..:D

malsi
12th June 2006, 09:06 PM
dont worry..even i have similar prob..or habit or whatever you may call it :)..sometimes i dont even realise i am in a public place but i'll start singing any song that comes to my mind...but not too bad..people say i can sing well..so that helps in a way that i dont embarass myself..

Ghlli
12th June 2006, 11:02 PM
its maybe because ur a music lover...i'm guessing from ur ID and avatar....

well that happens to you when u hear a nice song...
but for me, its happening all the time...
24/7
:roll: :roll: :roll:

gaddeswarup
13th June 2006, 04:24 AM
Ghilli,
It happens to me everyday and sometimes these are songs and tunes from languages that I do not understand (Tamil and Hindi). There are some speculative theories about the hold of music on us; see for example Robin Dunbar's "The Human Story". There is a more recent book " The singing Neanderthals; the origins of music, language, mind and body" by Steven Mithen. I have not read it yet but I read his earlier "The Prehistory of Mind" which was speculative but very interesting.
Swarup

Hulkster
13th June 2006, 09:12 AM
arr...the mind is a very complex and powerful entity on its own...the mind keeps whatever things we see or hear or interact with in its database till death. You may think you may have forgotten certain memories but it can be refreshed at times where there is a similar instance to that memory. As for songs playing in your mind...usually when a person is thinking of something or udnergoing some emotion during his thoughts..the mind tends to accompany it with a sort of music or in other words making that thought lively. Usually this depends on how interactive and musically inclined the person is....if the person relates to things with sound and not just visual then such songs playing in our mind is very likely to happen.

Emotions are also another form where the mind enlivens it with our memories of a song. When we are trying hard to describe a emotion or trying to visualise it...the mind supports it with playing a "song" very similar to the emotion or related to it and this results in you getting songs in your mind. This is not a unnatural phenomenon and is very common amongst humans....it just depends on how desriptive a human is in his/her thinking and emotions.

Ghlli
14th June 2006, 02:10 AM
yaa mee too! when i was around 6 years old at french class we learn a french song...sometimes it just randomly goes of in my head and i still dont know what it means :lol: a few hindi songs, french songs n stuff stick to my mind, a few chineese songs too!
:roll:
Ghilli,
It happens to me everyday and sometimes these are songs and tunes from languages that I do not understand (Tamil and Hindi). There are some speculative theories about the hold of music on us; see for example Robin Dunbar's "The Human Story". There is a more recent book " The singing Neanderthals; the origins of music, language, mind and body" by Steven Mithen. I have not read it yet but I read his earlier "The Prehistory of Mind" which was speculative but very interesting.
Swarup

madhu
14th June 2006, 06:50 AM
Hi..

it happens... sometimes even without your knowledge you may hear some music in ur mind.. but 24/7 ? is it same tune always ?

Braandan
14th June 2006, 09:25 AM
Hope it is not like the 'Pammal K Sambandam' film incident. Some ipod stitched accidentally into your body!

Ghlli
15th June 2006, 02:20 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
15th June 2006, 11:33 AM
There are some people(Not me) who sings their own lyrics for the orginal tunes... :lol: and they will sing it again and again...One of my office colleague used to irritate me like that :mad:

arr
15th June 2006, 10:52 PM
Hope it is not like the 'Pammal K Sambandam' film incident. Some ipod stitched accidentally into your body!

I think my 30 GB video ipod might be the culprit in making me feel so...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have one with me and I hear it all the time... When I dont use it, my mind automatically selects some tune and keeps it playing "on and on" and on its own....
:D :D :D

arr
15th June 2006, 10:56 PM
Hi..

it happens... sometimes even without your knowledge you may hear some music in ur mind.. but 24/7 ? is it same tune always ?

Hi madhu,
not same song is playing all the time... :roll: :roll: :roll:
It depends a lot on what was the last good song I heard!!!

Querida
5th July 2006, 08:17 AM
you're not alone arr

i think it helps pass the time...especially when i'm waiting...but sometimes i have that tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon trying to think how a song starts or continues....mostly i hum...the lyrics do me no good they always get jumbled....

but i do find it odd when i'm writing a test and i'm hearing songs...usually it's not the same ones that i hummed when studying either

in a way im happy cause when i remember a particular song...it's a delightful feeling to hear it once more....and better so when you can hum (la-la, na-na, tha-na-na-na) it out loud :D

Ghlli
5th July 2006, 01:24 PM
own composition nalla irukuma ila ear-la irandhu bood varuma? :roll:

There are some people(Not me) who sings their own lyrics for the orginal tunes... :lol: and they will sing it again and again...One of my office colleague used to irritate me like that :mad: