PDA

View Full Version : Life

ramky
12th June 2006, 10:40 AM
Never Miss an Oppurtunity

A young man wished to marry the farmer's beautiful daughter. He went to the farmer to ask his permission. The farmer looked him over and said, "Young man, go stand out in that field. I'm going to release three bulls, one at a time. If you can catch the tail of any one of the three bulls, you can marry my daughter."

The young man stood in the pasture awaiting the first bull. The barn door opened and out ran the biggest, meanest-looking bull he had ever seen. He decided that one of the next bulls had to be a better choice than this one, so he ran over to the side and let the bull pass through the pasture out the back gate.

The barn door opened again. Unbelievable. He had never seen anything so big and fierce in his life. It stood pawing the ground, grunting, slinging slobber as it eyed him. Whatever the next bull was like, it had to be a better choice than this one. He ran to the fence and let the bull pass through the pasture, out the back gate.

The door opened a third time. A smile came across his face. This was the weakest, scrawniest little bull he had ever seen. This one was his bull. As the bull came running by, he positioned himself just right and jumped at just the exact moment. He grabbed... but the bull had no tail!

Life is full of opportunities. Some will be easy to take advantage of, some will be difficult. But once we let them pass (often in hopes of something better), those opportunities may never again be available.
So one must not lose oppurtunities, in going on waiting for the better one or one that suits oneself.

bingleguy
12th June 2006, 10:56 AM
:clap: :lol: Ramky !

Good story !

But what is the moral of deciding wat ever comes to u first
:-) Logically u choose something that fits you right !

But anyways, grabbing oppurtunities may a lesson to be given a thought :-)

is this gonna be a thread for morals or :roll: thats it ?

ramky
12th June 2006, 11:18 AM
vasanth : thanks ! your point is a valid one and i have modified the last line accordingly. and yes, i intend to post similar stories about Life in this thread, which i used to post in "Interesting anecdotes" before ( @ Miscellaneous topics section ).

Bipolar
13th June 2006, 06:25 PM
Wow! nalla irukku... Yenna ellaarum ippa philosophy-nu poattu pinreenga!

By the way, Bingleguy sir... where is your moustache? Everyday a new, cooler, avatar... kyaa ho rahaa hai idhar? Trying to impress someone? :)

madhu
13th June 2006, 10:42 PM
ramky : idhudhan thumabi vittu vaalai pidikkira kadhiya ? :P

bingleguy
14th June 2006, 02:11 PM
Wow! nalla irukku... Yenna ellaarum ippa philosophy-nu poattu pinreenga!

By the way, Bingleguy sir... where is your moustache? Everyday a new, cooler, avatar... kyaa ho rahaa hai idhar? Trying to impress someone? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: valai veesuvom ... sikkudhaa paarpom polar ;-)

btw enakku oru paatu nyaabagam varudhu !

kazhuvura meenula nazhuvura meenu nammooru ponnu therinjukko !

so vera oorla theduvom !

Dhaaraalamaa manasirundhaa keralaaa nnu therinjukko ! :lol: anga try pannuvom :lol:

just kidding :-)

Thanks for ur compliments Bipolar ! Different faces of mine :-)

bingleguy
14th June 2006, 02:14 PM

:shock: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
15th June 2006, 01:44 AM
Which bull is right now :rotfl: :lol:

madhu
15th June 2006, 07:57 AM
BG : mangalore is nearby and... its the place of origin of Aish... chumma poi pathuttu vangO ..
ange kadal kooda irukku.. valai veesalam !

ramky
15th June 2006, 06:10 PM

madhu : ithu vazhkaiyin unmai. thumbi varum varum enru kaathirunthaal, thumbi varathu - thummal thaan varum.
illaiyEl, yaanai varum than thumbi (kai) yudan! athai vaithu kondu enna seiyvathu ? :lol:

aanal, thumbiyin vaalai pidithaal, vaal nichayam kidaikum - thumbiyum kidaika vaaipu irukirathu ! 8-)

intha thathuvam thumbiyai yErkanavE pidithavargalukkaaga alla. :P

ramky
18th June 2006, 10:06 PM
A Different Kind of Athlete
( Source Unknown )

We found out that Jenny was hearing impaired, when she was four and a half years old. Several surgeries and speech classes later, when she was seven, we found out that Jenny had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.

She could not put pressure on the heels of her feet, so she walked on tiptoe, and when the pain became unbearable, I carried her. Jenny was fortunate, though, because she did not suffer the deformities, often associated with JRV.

All through grade school, and on into high school, Jenny suffered, yet never complained. She took her medicine, and I would often wrap her feet in steaming towels, and hold her until the pain eased. But, as soon as she could withstand the pain, Jenny, immediately, carried on, as though she were pain free.

She wore a smile on her face, a song on her lips, and a love and acceptance of others, that was, simply, amazing. I don't remember her ever voicing self-pity. She ran, when she could run. She played when she could play, and she danced when she could dance. And, when she could do none of these things, she took her medicine, and she waited until she could.

Jenny, a beautiful blonde, with warm brown eyes, was never a cheerleader. She never competed in a sport. She could not even take part in a Gym Class, though she took the same health class four years in a row, just so she could pass with a substitute credit each year. She joined the band. She won a place in the Governor's School for the Arts; yet, no one in the Charleston, South Carolina School System knew what to do with Jenny. The parameters were, simply, not in place to deal with a student, who was both active and handicapped.

Jenny continued to have one surgery after another on her ears, all through school. Her hearing improved to 60%, and she taught herself to read lips. She carried a pillow to school, all through high school, and once, when she suddenly experienced crippling pain, her friends scooped her up, and carried her from class to class.

She was totally mainstreamed, popular, and funny, attending every football game, cheering the team on, carrying her pillow everywhere she went, so that she could cushion the pain, when she sat down. Then came her senior year. She would be considered for scholarships; however school activities, especially sports, could often mean the difference between receiving an award or losing out.

So Jenny came to a decision; and in her quirky, unorthodox manner, she began to bombard the high school football coach. She begged. She pleaded. She promised. She got her best friend to sign up with her. Finally the coach gave in, with the admonition, "If you miss ONE game, you're out!" So, Jenny became Manager of the Garrett High School Football Team.

She carried big buckets of water to her teammates. She bandaged knees and ankles before every game. She massaged necks and backs. She gave pep talks. She was continually at their beck and call, and it turned out to be one of the best years for Garrett High School Football Team, in its twenty-five year history. Often Jenny could be seen carrying a bucket of water in each hand, nearly dragging them, along with her pillow tucked under her arm.

When asked why he thought that the team was winning all their games, even in the face of injury, one linebacker explained, in his soft, Charleston drawl, "Well, when you've been knocked down, and you can't seem to move, you look up and see Jenny Lewis, limping across the field, dragging her buckets and carrying her pillow. It makes anything the rest of us may suffer seem pretty insignificant."

At the Senior Awards ceremony, Jenny received a number of scholarships to College of Charleston. Her favorite scholarship, however, was a small one from the Charleston Women's Club. The President of the Women's Club listed Jenny's accomplishments, starting with her grades, and ending with an excited, "...and the first girl to letter in football, in Garrett High School history!!"

ramky
25th June 2006, 09:10 PM
Perspectives

One day a rich man took his young son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose to show him how poor people can be. They spent a day and a night in the farm of a very poor family. When they got back from their trip the father asked his son, "How was the trip?" Very good, Dad!" "Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked. "Yeah!" "And what did you learn?"

The son answered, "I saw that we have a dog at home, and they have four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of the garden, they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lamps in the garden, they have the stars. Our patio reaches to the front yard, they have a whole horizon. When the little boy was finishing, his father was speechless.

His son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are!" Isn't it true that it all depends on the way you look at things? If you have love, friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude toward life, you've got everything!

You can't buy any of these things. You can have all the material possessions you can imagine, provisions for the future, etc., but if you are poor of spirit, you have nothing!

ramky
9th July 2006, 09:57 AM
THE 20 DOLLAR BILL

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill ?"
Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this. He proceeded to crumple up the $20 bill.

He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.

Well, he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.

He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt By the decisions we make and The circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.

Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you. The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, but by WHO WE ARE.