PDA

View Full Version : FLU cure recipes please....

rsankar
13th June 2006, 02:31 PM
Anyone know about how to cure this FLU....is there any recipe?

Thanks
rsankar.

pavalamani pragasam
13th June 2006, 03:02 PM
Antibiotics, B complex, fluids( fruit juices, coffee, Horlicks etc), bland convalescence diet(steamed food), biscuits, bread....

rsankar
14th June 2006, 02:13 PM
Hello pavalamani pragasam,

Thanks for your reply.

steamed food ....that's a best idea.

Thanks once again.

rsankar.

Anoushka
16th June 2006, 07:58 PM
Why don't you try rasam? A nice miLagu rasam and fruits / fruit juices with vitamin C like Orange, saathukudi, etc...

Also if you have cold, try having a glass of milk with pana kalkaNdu, that helps a lot :)

rsankar
16th June 2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks a lot Anoushka,

I'll buy this pana kalkandu this weekend.

rsankar.

tfmlover
11th July 2006, 05:32 AM
Antibiotics, B complex, fluids( fruit juices, coffee, Horlicks etc), bland convalescence diet(steamed food), biscuits, bread....

It's true drinking a lot of fluids helps coz it helps to keep our body hydrated also preventing
another infection from setting in.
BUT ! NOOOOOOO drinks like coffee, tea, and colas with caffeine they rob ur system of fluids .

madhu
11th July 2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks a lot Anoushka,

I'll buy this pana kalkandu this weekend.

rsankar.

HI..

if u dont get good panam kalkandu..
(dont use vella chakkarai.. some shops are selling this as panam kalkandu powder )
even karuppati with sukku mixed in warm milk is also good.

madhu
11th July 2006, 01:02 PM
Hi tfmlover

do u think coffee is not good ? But my Doctor friend suggests that cofee, tea or other hot beverages are really good for fever like influenza. ( unless the patient has some other problem :P)

dev
11th July 2006, 01:34 PM
Hi tfmlover

do u think coffee is not good ? But my Doctor friend suggests that cofee, tea or other hot beverages are really good for fever like influenza. ( unless the patient has some other problem :P)

:? :idontgetit:

waaza
11th July 2006, 03:41 PM
there are no cures for flu, it is caused by a virus, not a bacteria. The only thing you can do is help (or not hinder) the body ease the symptoms. Eat protein so the body can make more antibodies. Other than that, yep, fluid (for a healthy body anyway) and rest.
Good luck
Waaza

pavalamani pragasam
11th July 2006, 04:09 PM
Antibiotics are recommended as precautionary measure against secondary infections for all viral infections like even measles. The common cold which is caused by virus if treated leaves in 2 weeks if untreated leaves in a fortnight: a very old saying! Still if it is accompanied with temperature ie fever antibiotics are sure to be recommended by the doctors. Anything more relieving than a cuppa when laid down in bed with fever?

Anoushka
12th July 2006, 01:34 AM
PP madam, generally flu is caused by bacteria as waaza said, Viral infections are worse and last longer. and you are right about flu if treated takes 2 weeks and if not takes a fortnight to cure :)

madhu
12th July 2006, 06:04 AM
anou : treatment or No...I think it may take 14-15 days :wink:

Anoushka
12th July 2006, 01:22 PM
madhu :lol:

waaza
12th July 2006, 01:41 PM
PP madam, generally flu is caused by bacteria as waaza said, Viral infections are worse and last longer. and you are right about flu if treated takes 2 weeks and if not takes a fortnight to cure :)

I'm sorry, Anoushka, I said flu was caused (only) by a virus, not a bacterium. Therefore antibiotics are no good for the virus, but maybe for other complications, as noted above.
The virus or bacterium will take as long as it does, depending on many factors, including the general health of the sufferer.

The message is, try to stay healthy, even though one may be suffering, so fluids, fruit and veg and protein. And lots of tlc
cheers
Waaza

rsankar
12th July 2006, 08:57 PM
Thank you all.

rsankar.