PDA

View Full Version : Kamal & Alpacino

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 05:54 PM
Of late there are heavy arguments going on reg this in irrelevant threads .

Is it a fact that Kamal IS INSPIRED BY PACINO ??

Lets discuss here. :)

bingleguy
15th June 2006, 05:57 PM
He may not be inspired yaar ... he has his own style of thinking !

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 06:01 PM

I am confused now. Are you saying this about Alpacino :lol: :lol:

MusicIsLife
15th June 2006, 06:14 PM
I think he inspires more of the gimmicks from Robert-de-Niro than Al.

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 06:18 PM
I think he inspires more of the gimmicks from Robert-de-Niro than Al.

No way MIL !

RDN is totally a different class. You can never compare him with KH

I havent seen a role like Untouchables till date from KH :cry:

Vysar
15th June 2006, 07:31 PM
Watch Robert DeNiro's Cape Fear, man he could suit himself to any role. Our people stole the famous baseball hitting scene replaced it with cricket bat in the movie "Joot".

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 07:49 PM
Watch Robert DeNiro's Cape Fear, man he could suit himself to any role. Our people stole the famous baseball hitting scene replaced it with cricket bat in the movie "Joot".

Wrong. The scne when he walks around talking about management theory & then all of a sudden, he hits a guy who was sitting on the round table ??

Its from Untouchables mate :?

MusicIsLife
15th June 2006, 08:30 PM
I was talking about Gimmicks not the acting!! Check out the different RDN make-ups, mannerisms, i guess KH does that more often than he is in tune with Al, that is my opinion.
Can you also list some movies and comparisons if possible, curious to know.

Vysar
15th June 2006, 08:56 PM

Wrong. The scne when he walks around talking about management theory & then all of a sudden, he hits a guy who was sitting on the round table ??

yes man you are right thats from Untouchables!

great
15th June 2006, 09:19 PM

yes man you are right thats from Untouchables!

:rotfl: get the facts rite...

Though i like Alpacino and DeNiro they were no way closer to KH interms of versatality...

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 09:28 PM
One small digression :

Is that GUNA character, an inspiration from Dustin Hoffmann :wink: ?

great
15th June 2006, 09:29 PM

No meant Lal :poke:

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 09:46 PM

No meant Lal :poke:

Ooma kusumbu innum vidale :lol:

I understand Virumandi is also an inspiration :

Virumandi has a few inspirations from 'Life of David Gale'. In both movies the victim has consensual sex, but that is used against the Guy, by the hands of Law. The cut-away-to-flashback to explain crucial segments looks and seems common. There ends the common thread. 'Life of David Gale' was a movie, which, apart from having a terrific script, dealt with a story that was atleast sincere about its approach and argument against Capital Punishment. It explains how such a tool (Death Sentence) can be used against innocent people. Sadly in Virumandi this tool is used in a hypocritical way

Idhu unmaya Great Anne :wink:

Vysar
15th June 2006, 09:55 PM
:rotfl: get the facts rite...

Though i like Alpacino and DeNiro they were no way closer to KH interms of versatality...

...copying or inspiration. I am finishing your sentence to make it right. :poke:

Nerd
15th June 2006, 10:43 PM
So, KH is a better actor than Pacino and De Niro.. Thats news to me :)

Alien
15th June 2006, 11:08 PM
So, KH is a better actor than Pacino and De Niro.. Thats news to me :)
And what makes u to come to such a conclusion ?? Or u just wanna add fuel to this fire created by some .....??

Nakeerar, whatever may be ur intentions .... ... many things have bcom just parrot talks ..... It wouldn't b hard for me to open a thread on Rajni & Chatruhan singha :lol:

Letz face it, folks .... No actor is 100% original ... Of the contemporary actors Al Pacino is THE most original ....

MADDY
15th June 2006, 11:29 PM
i dunno abt Al-Pacino and RDN but kamal was surely inspired from Tom Cruise's make-up in Vanilla sky for his "anbe sivam".....

Vysar
15th June 2006, 11:35 PM
Letz face it, folks .... No actor is 100% original ... Of the contemporary actors Al Pacino is THE most original ....

Sivaji Ganesan is an original actor. He didn't copy any one for his roles unlike KH.

MusicIsLife
15th June 2006, 11:50 PM
Music pathi pesikittu iruntha forathula etho acting pathi pesurom. Good.

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 11:56 PM
Music pathi pesikittu iruntha forathula etho acting pathi pesurom. Good.

Hello MIL

This thread is VERY CLEAR . Its to discuss about Kamal & his inspirations from Alpacino.
I dont mind if inspirations from other stars like RDN also considered here :wink:

Vysar
16th June 2006, 12:40 AM
Serpico is another great movie from Al Pacino where he plays a honest cop unable to cope up with the corruption in NYPD. Kamal copied Al's acting in Satya. Serpico story would really work if it is adapted and regionalized for TF. Kamal will fit in to this role well.

MusicIsLife
16th June 2006, 01:32 AM
Nakeeran
I wanted to say "for a change, Good", but ended up saying Good