PDA

View Full Version : FLOP awards 2006 so far..

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 12:11 AM
OK, guys.. This is a celebration! Be happy. Let's choose the biggest flop this year..

Nominated:

1. Ilayaraja - Madhu
2. Kedi - YSR
3. AIBI - YSR
4. Naalai - Karthik Raja
5. Nee Venunda Chellame - Dhina
6. Jerry - Ramesh Vinayagam
7. Thalainagaram - D.Imman
8. Illavattam - Manisharma
9. Aacharya - Srikanth Deva

Don't worry if you haven't heard any of these albums.. don't despair! That's the trademark of an original FLOP ALBUM!!

Okay, vote!

UPDATES:
The following albums didn't made it to the awards show.. :lol:

Manathodu Mazhaikalam - Karthik Raja
Kovai Brothers - D Imman
Pasa Kiligal - Vidyasagar
Mercury Pookkal - Karthik Raja

Chief guest: Srikanth Deva !!!

Ramakrishna
16th June 2006, 12:13 AM
rombo kashtamaana velai ithu :sad:

slperson1
16th June 2006, 12:24 AM
I denominate AIBI,Naalai, Nee Venunda Chellame & Aacharya. AIBI is a good soundtrack & the others are decent.

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 12:27 AM
I denominate AIBI,Naalai, Nee Venunda Chellame & Aacharya. AIBI is a good soundtrack & the others are decent.

Then i'm sorry.. as you don't have any rights to do that.. :lol:

i'll re-nominate them: AIBI ,Naalai, Nee Venunda Chellame & Aacharya.

slperson1
16th June 2006, 12:31 AM
:lol: I just did.my post is still there.thus,they have been denominated.

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 12:35 AM
:lol: I just did.my post is still there.thus,they have been denominated.

Naan summa daa machii.. if you felt those albums were good, then no problem from here.. :thumbsup:

Vysar
16th June 2006, 12:44 AM
How come God Father not in this list? It should though

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 12:55 AM

Podaang.. ! Innisai Alapadaye song is enough to compete with all those albums.. simply the first chorus by mahati & Saindhavi is enough to beat all those crap albums together.. That's CLASS..

Vysar
16th June 2006, 01:11 AM

Podaang.. ! Innisai Alapadaye song is enough to compete with all those albums.. simply the first chorus by mahati & Saindhavi is enough to beat all those crap albums together.. That's CLASS..

Mr Rashid:

Being an ARR fanatic you start a topic with other Music Director's album and calling them a flop is not wise. You have to prove with some facts that I assume you don't have any. As an ARR fan you appreciate Innisai like that every other fan would appreciate their MD songs in the above mentioned albums. So grow up and get a life.

Inisai itself is a recycled tune of Kangalum Kavi Paduthey and this fact has been accepted by many ML. ARR should be proud that he is the one who officially started the recycle business.

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 01:29 AM

Mr Rashid:

Being an ARR fanatic you start a topic with other Music Director's album and calling them a flop is not wise. You have to prove with some facts that I assume you don't have any. As an ARR fan you appreciate Innisai like that every other fan would appreciate their MD songs in the above mentioned albums. So grow up and get a life.

Inisai itself is a recycled tune of Kangalum Kavi Paduthey and this fact has been accepted by many ML. ARR should be proud that he is the one who officially started the recycle business.

:lol: , facts veenumaa.. ?? I don't think its necessary with those albums i listed.. Just one question.. If you don't feel comfortable in this thread, why participate.. Go to bed & sleep, thanks!!

Innisai recycled tune.. ?? HAHAHAHA.. There ain't no similarity between the two tracks.. Ya ya.. cus you have no other excuses.. :rotfl:

slperson1
16th June 2006, 07:18 AM
Vysar,
wheres your facts?

svaisn
16th June 2006, 08:02 AM
you cant call GF a failure as the movie is yet to be released....

By the way i am not sure whether all the movies mentioned in the poll is released.....

Just a stance on GF

ansa400
16th June 2006, 08:04 AM
I think its wise to include only the films which've been released. On that front i will go for AIBI.

MrJudge
16th June 2006, 10:05 AM
Rashid,

One small suggestion:

Can we please list the albums/movies from 2000 and find out who is the FLOP FATHER of TFM? Because that one is easy to predict :)

Sanjeevi
16th June 2006, 10:19 AM
Inthe mathiri muttal thread-i ellam ignore bannurathu than ennai mathiri puthisaligalukku azhagu.

reagan87
16th June 2006, 10:32 AM
Mr. Rashid...have u ever listened to Naalai songs??? Your selection of albums seems to project you as a very immature person solely serving to your biased self.

If there is anyone who doesnt deserve to nominate albums for flops of the year...it should definitely be you!

Chelian
16th June 2006, 12:11 PM
Rashid, just because u r Die hard fan of ARR doesnt mean you have to ridicule other MD's works. Get a life!!!!!

sibicalls
16th June 2006, 01:17 PM
"Can we please list the albums/movies from 2000 and find out who is the FLOP FATHER of TFM? Because that one is easy to predict "

Mr.Judge, Lets compile the number of movies which had music by Rahman and YSR from 2000(The so called lean patch of Rahman). I bet Yuvan will have atleast released 5 to 10 albums for every Rahman's album..But his total sales count wont be even one tenth that of Rahman's. His total sales of all the albums combined wont probably equal the sales of Boys.
And even after releasing just 2 albums in last two years ,he is the most sought after MD. All the big budget movies, all the big directors go to Rahman. Still he is the highest paid Music Director in India and for your info in Tamil industry too. Tat was not the case when Rahman came into field. All the biggies went to Rahman and he clearly took the top slot on the yr he made it into the film industry. He hit the bulls eye right away..
As a music fan I wud like some body else to come into TFM and do some thing new and original, than jus copying the Rap songs and calling themselves ultra modern. Till then Rahman wud remain the king of TFM and Indian music. For copying and making music 10 yrs back we had Deva, then we had Vidyasagar and now "YSR". Tomorrow somebody else will come. But counting the real MD's we had MSV, Followed by Illayaraja and then Rahman..Next is yet to come...

Sanjeevi
16th June 2006, 01:55 PM
I bet Yuvan will have atleast released 5 to 10 albums for every Rahman's album..But his total sales count wont be even one tenth that of Rahman's. His total sales of all the albums combined wont probably equal the sales of Boys.

Keep dreaming dude. And don't wake up becase we need more humor from you.

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 02:17 PM
"Can we please list the albums/movies from 2000 and find out who is the FLOP FATHER of TFM? Because that one is easy to predict "

Mr.Judge, Lets compile the number of movies which had music by Rahman and YSR from 2000(The so called lean patch of Rahman). I bet Yuvan will have atleast released 5 to 10 albums for every Rahman's album..But his total sales count wont be even one tenth that of Rahman's. His total sales of all the albums combined wont probably equal the sales of Boys.
And even after releasing just 2 albums in last two years ,he is the most sought after MD. All the big budget movies, all the big directors go to Rahman. Still he is the highest paid Music Director in India and for your info in Tamil industry too. Tat was not the case when Rahman came into field. All the biggies went to Rahman and he clearly took the top slot on the yr he made it into the film industry. He hit the bulls eye right away..
As a music fan I wud like some body else to come into TFM and do some thing new and original, than jus copying the Rap songs and calling themselves ultra modern. Till then Rahman wud remain the king of TFM and Indian music. For copying and making music 10 yrs back we had Deva, then we had Vidyasagar and now "YSR". Tomorrow somebody else will come. But counting the real MD's we had MSV, Followed by Illayaraja and then Rahman..Next is yet to come...

Good sibicalls, :thumbsup:

Enna Sanjeevi, unmaya ketka kastamaa irukkaa.. ?? :poke:

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 02:22 PM
Mr. Rashid...have u ever listened to Naalai songs??? Your selection of albums seems to project you as a very immature person solely serving to your biased self.

If there is anyone who doesnt deserve to nominate albums for flops of the year...it should definitely be you!

reagan, if Naalai songs aren't flop then they won't get any votes at all.. huh ?? Don't worry, keep cool.. :D

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 02:27 PM
Rashid, just because u r Die hard fan of ARR doesnt mean you have to ridicule other MD's works. Get a life!!!!!

What's your problem.. ? Are you scared that one of your favourite album is a flop ??

Chelian
16th June 2006, 02:31 PM
WHo nominated those films that you listed?
I like to nominate Godfather....( I am sure there will be seconders for this )

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 02:36 PM

Godfather can't be a flop like Madhu.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Madhu is leading the show.. :rotfl:

MrJudge
16th June 2006, 03:04 PM

Ayya,

Who wants to hear the same old boring statements about him? Look at the reality and come with better answers dude

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 03:07 PM

Ayya,

Who wants to hear the same old boring statements about him? Look at the reality and come with better answers dude

I guess that you'll like to hear them as you read it ?? :lol: Could be boring but it's the truth..

interz
16th June 2006, 04:44 PM
Whats wrong with Nee Venumda Chellame??? the movie has great songs. Esp the title song is making waves. Dhina has improved a lot on technical front.

great
16th June 2006, 05:17 PM
whats happening :x why are mods allowing such kinda of threads :banghead:

Every body has talent why you want to degrade others :evil: as if we are genius in music :banghead:

Vysar
16th June 2006, 07:22 PM
Vysar,
wheres your facts?

Since you ask for it you get the facts here.

Its like Vivek's comedy

"Eppadi Irunthaen Ippidi Ayitaen"

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14225409

:lol:

rashid2raj
16th June 2006, 07:27 PM
Vysar,
wheres your facts?

Since you ask for it you get the facts here.

Its like Vivek's comedy

"Eppadi Irunthaen Ippidi Ayitaen"

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14225409

:lol:

HAHAHA.. Sify.. :rotfl:

Vysar
16th June 2006, 07:41 PM
HAHAHA.. Sify.. :rotfl:

Here is more fact for you. So if a newspaper carries a negative news then they are wrong. Grow up kids

Fact no:2

http://www.newkerala.com/news2.php?action=fullnews&id=43182

Fact no:3

Where is your God Father?

http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=6939

Now the whole world is against ARR. Poor Kids!

I know it would be like

"Sevudan Kadhil Sangu"

:poke:

En Kelvi Enna Pathil "Mukka Trowser Rashidraj"

Hulkster
16th June 2006, 07:45 PM
OK, guys.. This is a celebration! Be happy. Let's choose the biggest flop this year..

Nominated:

1. Ilayaraja - Madhu
2. Kedi - YSR
3. AIBI - YSR
4. Naalai - Karthik Raja

Don't worry if you haven't heard any of these albums.. don't despair! That's the trademark of an original FLOP ALBUM!!

Okay, vote!

After seeing Jerry Madhu AIBI Naalai and Illavattam in the list...i just believe that our rashid2raj seems to have gone abit too far fetched...Jerry has a excellent melody mind you and AIBI is very different from usualy YSR albums..nominating Naalai is one of the worst things i have heard after the classic melodies of oru maatram and arai adi dhoorathil. Illavattam is a decent attempt by mani sharma and Madhu is very good unless you hate classical melodies which are totally WCM and soft.

Alien
16th June 2006, 10:23 PM

And even after releasing just 2 albums in last two years ,he is the most sought after MD. All the big budget movies, all the big directors go to Rahman. Still he is the highest paid Music Director in India and for your info in Tamil industry too. Tat was not the case when Rahman came into field. All the biggies went to Rahman and he clearly took the top slot on the yr he made it into the film industry. He hit the bulls eye right away.. As a music fan I wud like some body else to come into TFM and do some thing new and original, than jus copying the Rap songs and calling themselves ultra modern. Till then Rahman wud remain the king of TFM and Indian music. For copying and making music 10 yrs back we had Deva, then we had Vidyasagar and now "YSR". Tomorrow somebody else will come. But counting the real MD's we had MSV, Followed by Illayaraja and then Rahman..Next is yet to come...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

popeye11
17th June 2006, 01:53 AM

Godfather can't be a flop like Madhu.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Madhu is leading the show.. :rotfl:

Since u say AIBI and Naalai a flop i aint sure how u rate any album.
(Well i guess its not by Rehman)
Just because you feel that godfather is good dun mean its a hit.
Nominate it here and let other people decide.

reagan87
17th June 2006, 10:31 AM

Nominated:

1. Ilayaraja - Madhu
2. Kedi - YSR
3. AIBI - YSR
4. Naalai - Karthik Raja

Okay, vote!

After seeing Jerry Madhu AIBI Naalai and Illavattam in the list...i just believe that our rashid2raj seems to have gone abit too far fetched...Jerry has a excellent melody mind you and AIBI is very different from usualy YSR albums..nominating Naalai is one of the worst things i have heard after the classic melodies of oru maatram and arai adi dhoorathil. Illavattam is a decent attempt by mani sharma and Madhu is very good unless you hate classical melodies which are totally WCM and soft.

I've got to agree with what Hulkster is trying to point out. This rashid2raj doesnt seem to have enough knowlegde in music to appreciate those albums. Its just as simple as that.

rashid2raj
17th June 2006, 02:33 PM
Reagan, i guess i got more music knowledge than you! Well, i can't see your problem ?? This was all those albums that I and NOT YOU, it was ME who felt that these albums weren't good.. That's why I chosed them! It's MY OWN OPINION, and if you don't feel comfortable with my selection of albums then why participate, and why even response to this thread?? *LOL* :rotfl: I appreciate people as Rajasaranam to not participate in this thread! As i listed IR's Madhu, they might be angry but they just kept quiet.. Way to go :clap:

rashid2raj
17th June 2006, 02:35 PM

Since u say AIBI and Naalai a flop i aint sure how u rate any album.
(Well i guess its not by Rehman)
Just because you feel that godfather is good dun mean its a hit.
Nominate it here and let other people decide.

Never did i say that AIBI or Naalai was a flop! Infact AIBI had some good songs, & kanave song by YSR was hit. But as the movie flopped the audio also were forgotten That's why i nominated it! .. I just nominated them, to let people choose ... And neighter am i the right person to discuss if godfather is a hit or not :D

Raikkonen
17th June 2006, 09:11 PM
Kedi..

That aradowser composer spoiled my Angel's Gallant Intro In Tamil with dappa songs

Ramakrishna
17th June 2006, 09:17 PM
Kedi..

That aradowser composer spoiled my Angel's Gallant Intro In Tamil with dappa songs

:rotfl:

Alien
17th June 2006, 09:31 PM
Kedi..

That aradowser composer spoiled my Angel's Gallant Intro In Tamil with dappa songs :lol: :lol: :rotfl: Ayyo ... NTR ! :D .... Actually everything was wrong , the hero :twisted: ....
Illeana looks like an "Arabia kuthirai" :P

Renault
17th June 2006, 10:43 PM
Absolute nonsense.. Naalai was released only yesterday and Rashid seems to add that in flop list?

Absolutely ridiculous. Let's play facts now:

The big let down in the movie Paramasivan - Songs (according to Sify).. Ajith fans.. I hope u will not deny this.. though the movie did pretty well.

Tirupati fell flat with sustandard songs..

Aathi was a big flop.. though the songs were OK. I think this should top the charts for eing the biggest flop.. than Madhu.. considering Vijay's fear of making his next move.

interz
18th June 2006, 01:58 AM
I think rashids purpose was to vote for the worst Albums (tamil movie soundtracks) this year. I cant understand how you can place Aathi (notable songs: ennai konchi konchi, athi athikka, olli olli iduppe)as a flop!!!!!!!!

Djpak
18th June 2006, 02:39 AM
Rashid nice Thread :thumbsup:

have some nominal too :
Kovai Brothers - D Imman

great
18th June 2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah add UYIR to the list 8-)

rashid2raj
18th June 2006, 03:01 PM
Absolute nonsense.. Naalai was released only yesterday and Rashid seems to add that in flop list?

Absolutely ridiculous. Let's play facts now:

The big let down in the movie Paramasivan - Songs (according to Sify).. Ajith fans.. I hope u will not deny this.. though the movie did pretty well.

Tirupati fell flat with sustandard songs..

Aathi was a big flop.. though the songs were OK. I think this should top the charts for eing the biggest flop.. than Madhu.. considering Vijay's fear of making his next move.

What are you talking about.. ?? Naalai has been there for a while.. ?? :? Aadhi was a flop only movie wise.. Not audio..

rashid2raj
18th June 2006, 03:02 PM
Rashid nice Thread :thumbsup:

have some nominal too :
Kovai Brothers - D Imman

Yaah.. i forgot those bro :D

MADDY
18th June 2006, 07:02 PM
I've got to agree with what Hulkster is trying to point out. This rashid2raj doesnt seem to have enough knowlegde in music to appreciate those albums. Its just as simple as that.

adhu eppadingo??? Ilayarajavai criticise panni oru message irundha odane , this guy doesent have music sense, no knowledge in music, must be a young guy who doesent know IR.........ada pongayya......IR-vukkum avaradhu kudumbathaarukkum mudhugu sorinji viduradhudhan musical knowledgenna, appadi patta music knowledge engalakku thevaye illai....

rashid, nee continue maa.... :wink: .......but y didnt u add pudhupettai as the movie is a big blot in 2006 for YSR....to be fair u shud add GF if it flops....... :D

rashid2raj
18th June 2006, 07:14 PM

adhu eppadingo??? Ilayarajavai criticise panni oru message irundha odane , this guy doesent have music sense, no knowledge in music, must be a young guy who doesent know IR.........ada pongayya......IR-vukkum avaradhu kudumbathaarukkum mudhugu sorinji viduradhudhan musical knowledgenna, appadi patta music knowledge engalakku thevaye illai....

rashid, nee continue maa.... :wink: .......but y didnt u add pudhupettai as the movie is a big blot in 2006 for YSR....to be fair u shud add GF if it flops....... :D

Good point, maddy.. :P Oh, how could i forget Pudhupettai.. Don't know..

Renault
18th June 2006, 08:30 PM
Lot of insane people in this thread.. no point wasting time here.

reagan87
18th June 2006, 09:32 PM

Yup! Agree!

great
18th June 2006, 10:30 PM

:clap:

great
18th June 2006, 10:31 PM

:clap:

MADDY
18th June 2006, 10:42 PM

i knew this was coming, how can entire bunch of IR fans can Blasphermously term anything as insane that they cannot answer or counter..........i dunno who is insane here......

u know this is wat i dunt like, one IR-fan makes a comment like this and 4 others , just for sake of it support it blindly with useless statements(and that too repeating them twice to irritate people).....

great
18th June 2006, 11:24 PM
hey chill out , even i like ARR that doesnt mean that u need to start a flop award therad and bash other MD`s . What u would say for ARR movie 70% of his movies are flop :) where is the the proof that these movies are flop musically they cost would be minimal when compared to ARR .

rashid2raj
19th June 2006, 12:45 AM
The funny thing is that, those people who said that they won't be wasting their time in here, fact is that they already HAD wasted their time.. :lol:

Djpak
19th June 2006, 01:59 AM
hey chill out , even i like ARR that doesnt mean that u need to start a flop award therad and bash other MD`s . What u would say for ARR movie 70% of his movies are flop :) where is the the proof that these movies are flop musically they cost would be minimal when compared to ARR .

Okay mester give us your meaning, who say you may vote man!
Typical IR fans they allways give fault to ARR.
Thats right ARR is king of music but he can't make all others album to sucess :oops:

great
19th June 2006, 07:31 AM
Okay mester give us your meaning, who say you may vote man!
Typical IR fans they allways give fault to ARR.
Thats right ARR is king of music but he can't make all others album to sucess :oops:

what are u you trying to prove you know Arr albums sales were down for few years. Dont just blabber check the fact and come out with valid points.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Bye from this thread :x

madhu
19th June 2006, 07:35 AM
I think even ARR and IR will talk only about music, if they meet..

why we are fighting about negative things, when there are positive items are available with all the MDs ?

Hulkster
19th June 2006, 08:20 AM
Yeaps...this has been a age old fight for ARR and IR fans....it wunt end even if ARR says he is a hardcore fan of IR or IR works with ARR in every movie..avala heated....naanum solliyum paarthuthaen keikurapadi ellei...ennathaan seivethu..:(

Justice
19th June 2006, 09:21 AM
i knew this was coming, how can entire bunch of IR fans can Blasphermously term anything as insane that they cannot answer or counter..........i dunno who is insane here......

u know this is wat i dunt like, one IR-fan makes a comment like this and 4 others , just for sake of it support it blindly with useless statements(and that too repeating them twice to irritate people).....
spelling mistake 8-)

Justice
19th June 2006, 09:25 AM
ARR for Godfather

Scale
19th June 2006, 01:07 PM
If this FLOP award is only for

"movies" -------- move it to TF Sections.
"music" ----------- heard only madhu & AIBI in full. list needs to be scrutinized - Madhu 2-3 songs as a album itself good & AIBI is Ok, listenable not that bad to brand as "Flop".
"movies & music success combined" ----------- Retain the list (only released one's) & Add PP to it. Hita? :roll:
Possible nominees for the next half of 2006 are GF, Vet.Vila & Vallavan (Audio released - Ok. Movie's success will decide).

MusicIsLife
19th June 2006, 07:07 PM
Rashid,
Kusumbana topic!! etho intention, feels not like a good one!! sandaya kilapi vidara mathiri irukku, but like it.

Nakeeran
19th June 2006, 07:10 PM
Rashid,
Kusumbana topic!! etho intention, feels not like a good one!! sandaya kilapi vidara mathiri irukku, but like it.

Enakku romba romba pidicha oru topic idhu :lol:

Idhula sandai enga irukku ? :twisted: :evil:

Unmai eppodhume kasapanadhu MIL :lol:

MusicIsLife
19th June 2006, 09:17 PM
Nakeeran
vandhuteengala.. kadaisi 3 words vittuteengale?!!

Entha unmai kasakarathukku? enakku puriyalai.

kameshratnam
21st June 2006, 05:26 PM
Madhu is the winner and many of ir fans were not happy with whatever was made.